Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R&B artist Akon will be coming to Pakistan

R&B artist Akon Will be touring Pakistan to kick off the world soccer stars event and will have concerts in the city of Lahore and Karachi which will take place between April 26 and April 29.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he has been in the limelight for the last few years.

I remember listening to his songs like 7-8 years ago.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    I don't think he has been in the limelight for the last few years.

I remember listening to his songs like 7-8 years ago.
    Hasn't put out an album since 2008.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for Nostalgia.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But BJP keeps on saying that Pakistan has been totally isolated? Am I getting something wrong bhakts?

Back to topic, good for Pakistan. I think the security scenario there is the best it has been in over 2 decades, am I right? Hope to see more international sports and cultural events in the future, there should be more exposure for the youth of the country.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    But BJP keeps on saying that Pakistan has been totally isolated? Am I getting something wrong bhakts?

Back to topic, good for Pakistan. I think the security scenario there is the best it has been in over 2 decades, am I right? Hope to see more international sports and cultural events in the future, there should be more exposure for the youth of the country.
    Thankyou, man. You are right about more exposure. Slowly and steadily things are going to get better hopefully.

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get the isolation claim - unless they are saying it completely for local consumption. I'd say not much has changed with respect to foreign relations in last 10 years. Relations have gotten even better with China, with Russia. Mid-east countries just bailed out Pakistan. Relations with Europe are about the same. Maybe things have gotten worse with US, but that's more to do with an erratic president who has made US relations worse with even Canada and France.

With respect to the security situation, I generally use the following page:

http://www.satp.org/satporgtp/countr...casualties.htm

It is independently updated based on terrorist attacks reported in media. They will even go and find insignificant attacks that have not been reported widely. And if you look at civilian casualties, it's the best after 2003.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yup let's bring in BJP in a thread about a R&B artist visiting Pakistan because that's totally relevant to the discussion.
    Urban Naxals in full flow now that elections are near.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akon has given up his music career and is involved in helping the locals in his African hometown. Nice to see him coming to Pakistan though I wonder how it would feel like listening to akon in Pakistan where the local culture and norms are totally different.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; Yesterday at 03:04.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good exposure for the country. It will only help build the economy in terms of tourism.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was a huge fan of Akon growing up in my teens! So sad he decided to finish his career so early. For me he was one of the top 3 RNB stars in the last 20 years. He ended his career with banger of an album with Freedom which I remember was released 10 years ago when I was still doing my A levels!

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Locals are gonna be like Ay kon?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are coming to Pak freely. Admittedly when bombs were blasting tourists would be keeping away for safety reasons. We just need to convince foreign Cricketers to visit us like Akon sahib will. There are plenty of white even black faces in Pak if that is what people are looking for

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe before 2 years ago, last year this is the only thing I got :

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/v...tanyahu/191037

Pakistan not the centrepoint of India's foreign policy; isolating it not our sole aim: PM Narendra Modi

“As far as Pakistan is concerned, I believe, and I have always said that India and Pakistan have fought a lot, we should come together and fight poverty, come together and fight diseases, and I directly talk to the people of Pakistan. I directly tell the people, should we not fight poverty? Should we not fight illiteracy? Should we not fight diseases? If we fight together, we will win faster, and I tell this to the people of Pakistan,” he stated further.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akon himself is a Muslim from Senegal , a Muslim country.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there ever was a random headline of the day, this would be the winner. Like many I was a huge fan of Akon back in high school, enjoyed listening to him during ICT. He's not really been in the news a lot so I don't know how big his current popularity is but its still very good news.