Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

AB de Villiers ruled out of PSL games in Pakistan [Update Post #61]

AB de Villiers confirms Lahore return for HBL PSL 2019

• “I feel I have a role to play in helping international cricket return to Pakistan,” says the former South Africa captain

• “I am certain he will further brighten the Gaddafi Stadium with his amazing talent and skills on 9 and 10 March,” says Mr Fawad Rana

• “I am sure de Villiers’s appearance will attract new fans, and more eyeballs will follow the HBL PSL than ever before,” says Mr Ehsan Mani

• “I am confident that AB will take home memories which will bring him back again and again to this beautiful piece of land,” says Hafeez

Lahore, 14 January:

With one month to go for the start of the HBL Pakistan Super League 2019, one of the world’s most popular and competitive cricket leagues got another shot in the arm when charismatic and flamboyant former South Africa captain AB de Villiers confirmed that he will feature in Lahore Qalandars’ back-to-back matches at the iconic Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore in March.

Lahore Qalandars, who are hoping to be fourth time lucky in their quest for glory, will take on defending champions Islamabad United on 9 March, while on the following day, they will face Multan Sultans.

De Villiers will also be in action on the opening day of the tournament on 14 February in Dubai, when the Qalandars meet Islamabad United. The 32-day and 34-match tournament will culminate with the final at Karachi’s historic National Stadium on 17 March.

“I am delighted to confirm that I will represent Lahore Qalandars in front of our home crowds on 9 and 10 March, during the HBL PSL 2019,” de Villiers, one of the most followed and admired cricketers of the modern era, announced.

“I look forward to revisiting the Gaddafi Stadium and aim to play my part in helping Lahore Qalandars achieve something they have been aspiring for since the inception of this tournament in 2016,” he added.

De Villiers’s only previous visit to Lahore was in 2007. In the drawn Test that October, he had scored 45 and eight not out, but returned later in the same month to score 103 not out, 35 and 17 in the first, second and fifth ODIs, respectively.

“I am fully aware that cricket is like a second religion in Pakistan. I still remember the support and appreciation we received in 2007. Furthermore, I feel I have a role to play in helping international cricket return to Pakistan. These have been some of the motivating factors for me to return to Lahore,” said de Villiers.

De Villiers will be the sixth South Africa cricketer to visit Lahore in less than 18 months. In September 2017, Faf du Plessis captained the ICC World XI, which also included Hashim Amla, David Miller, Morne Morkel and Imran Tahir. Pakistan won the three-T20I series 2-1.

Later that year, Sri Lanka visited Lahore for a T20I, while the Windies played three T20Is in Karachi in April 2018. In May 2015, Zimbabwe had toured Lahore for five international matches.

After the entire 2016 inaugural event was played offshore, HBL PSL marked its debut in Pakistan in 2017 when the final was held in Lahore. Since then, and as part of a gradual process to bring the entire tournament to Pakistan, three matches were played in 2018, while eight matches are scheduled to take place in 2019.

“I sympathise with the people of Pakistan because they have been cricket-starved for no fault of theirs, but I am optimistic that the days are not too far when international cricket will return to Pakistan and the stadia will once again be packed with crowds.

“Due to prior family commitments, I will only be available till the last group stage game. I want to thank Lahore Qalandars for giving me an opportunity to represent them and I look forward to not only enjoying my time in the HBL PSL 2019 but also contributing in making it a stronger brand,” de Villiers said.

A happy Lahore Qalandars’ owner Mr Fawad Rana said: “There can’t be a bigger and better news for Pakistan cricket fans and the HBL PSL 2019 on the day we are celebrating ‘one month to go’ that AB de Villiers has confirmed his availability for the two Lahore matches.

“De Villiers is one of the icons of international cricket, who has entertained his fans world-over, not only with his innovative and aggressive batting, but also with the flare, passion and agility that he always carries with him onto the field of play.

“I am certain he will further brighten the Gaddafi Stadium with his amazing talent and skills on 9 and 10 March and this good news is a gift for our Qalandars clan.”

De Villiers’s commitment to play in front of the cricket-mad Lahore crowds will undoubtedly give credence to the Pakistan Cricket Board’s stance in which it has been emphasising and assuring the cricket playing nations that Pakistan is now as safe and secure a country to play in, as any other place in the world.

PCB Chairman Mr Ehsan Mani said: “We appreciate the decision of AB de Villiers and look forward to welcoming him to the home of Pakistan cricket. I am sure de Villiers’s appearance will attract new fans, and more eyeballs will follow the HBL PSL than ever before.

“I am confident that de Villiers’s decision at the back of his fellow World XI, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and the Windies’ cricketers’ decisions to play in Lahore will encourage other leading cricketers and international sides to visit this cricket-passionate country.

“For the Lahore crowds, it will be a great opportunity to watch this generation’s cricket genius live in action. I am sure they will turn up in great numbers to support de Villiers as well as Lahore Qalandars and their opponents.”

Lahore Qalandars captain Mohammad Hafeez said: “De Villiers is one of the most respected cricketers in the world. He is a proven performer, who has added new dimensions to batting in white-ball cricket.

“Not just me but the entire Lahore Qalandars side will wait eagerly for the unique experience of sharing with him a flight to Lahore and then being in the same team kit in front of what I envisage will be a packed house.

“This will again be an opportunity for the Lahore crowds to show their passion, respect, love and hospitality, and I am confident that AB will take home memories which will bring him back again and again to this beautiful piece of land.”

Last edited by MenInG; 14th January 2019 at 12:49.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Villiers has confirmed that he will play all of Qalandar's group stage games, including the games in Lahore. He will not play the knockout stages.

Good stuff this.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    • “I am certain he will further brighten the Gaddafi Stadium with his amazing talent and skills on 9 and 10 March,” says Mr Fawad Rana
    will definitely buy a ticket to watch this legend batting and extra ordinary fielding

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats great news

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    AB de Villiers confirms Lahore return for HBL PSL 2019

• “I feel I have a role to play in helping international cricket return to Pakistan,” says the former South Africa captain

• “I am sure de Villiers’s appearance will attract new fans, and more eyeballs will follow the HBL PSL than ever before,” says Mr Ehsan Mani

• “I am confident that AB will take home memories which will bring him back again and again to this beautiful piece of land,” says Hafeez

• For more information on HBL PSL 2019, please visit www.psl-t20.com; official twitter handle is @thepslt20; hashtags: #HBLPSL and #KhelDeewanoKa

Lahore, 14 January:

With one month to go for the start of the HBL Pakistan Super League 2019, one of the world’s most popular and competitive cricket leagues got another shot in the arm when charismatic and flamboyant former South Africa captain AB de Villiers confirmed that he will feature in Lahore Qalandars’ back-to-back matches at the iconic Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore in March.

Lahore Qalandars, who are hoping to be fourth time lucky in their quest for glory, will take on defending champions Islamabad United on 9 March, while on the following day, they will face Multan Sultans.

De Villiers will also be in action on the opening day of the tournament on 14 February in Dubai, when the Qalandars meet Islamabad United. The 32-day and 34-match tournament will culminate with the final at Karachi’s historic National Stadium on 17 March.

“I am delighted to confirm that I will represent Lahore Qalandars in front of our home crowds on 9 and 10 March, during the HBL PSL 2019,” de Villiers, one of the most followed and admired cricketers of the modern era, announced.

“I look forward to revisiting the Gaddafi Stadium and aim to play my part in helping Lahore Qalandars achieve something they have been aspiring for since the inception of this tournament in 2016,” he added.

De Villiers’s only previous visit to Lahore was in 2007. In the drawn Test that October, he had scored 45 and eight not out, but returned later in the same month to score 103 not out, 35 and 17 in the first, second and fifth ODIs, respectively.

“I am fully aware that cricket is like a second religion in Pakistan. I still remember the support and appreciation we received in 2007. Furthermore, I feel I have a role to play in helping international cricket return to Pakistan. These have been some of the motivating factors for me to return to Lahore,” said de Villiers.

De Villiers will be the sixth South Africa cricketer to visit Lahore in less than 18 months. In September 2017, Faf du Plessis captained the ICC World XI, which also included Hashim Amla, David Miller, Morne Morkel and Imran Tahir. Pakistan won the three-T20I series 2-1.

Later that year, Sri Lanka visited Lahore for a T20I, while the Windies played three T20Is in Karachi in April 2018. In May 2015, Zimbabwe had toured Lahore for five international matches.

After the entire 2016 inaugural event was played offshore, HBL PSL marked its debut in Pakistan in 2017 when the final was held in Lahore. Since then, and as part of a gradual process to bring the entire tournament to Pakistan, three matches were played in 2018, while eight matches are scheduled to take place in 2019.

“I sympathise with the people of Pakistan because they have been cricket-starved for no fault of theirs, but I am optimistic that the days are not too far when international cricket will return to Pakistan and the stadia will once again be packed with crowds.

“Due to prior family commitments, I will only be available till the last group stage game. I want to thank Lahore Qalandars for giving me an opportunity to represent them and I look forward to not only enjoying my time in the HBL PSL 2019 but also contributing in making it a stronger brand,” de Villiers said.

A happy Lahore Qalandars’ owner Mr Fawad Rana said: “There can’t be a bigger and better news for Pakistan cricket fans and the HBL PSL 2019 on the day we are celebrating ‘one month to go’ that AB de Villiers has confirmed his availability for the two Lahore matches.

“De Villiers is one of the icons of international cricket, who has entertained his fans world-over, not only with his innovative and aggressive batting, but also with the flare, passion and agility that he always carries with him onto the field of play.

“I am certain he will further brighten the Gaddafi Stadium with his amazing talent and skills on 9 and 10 March and this good news is a gift for our Qalandars clan.”

De Villiers’s commitment to play in front of the cricket-mad Lahore crowds will undoubtedly give credence to the Pakistan Cricket Board’s stance in which it has been emphasising and assuring the cricket playing nations that Pakistan is now as safe and secure a country to play in, as any other place in the world.

PCB Chairman Mr Ehsan Mani said: “We appreciate the decision of AB de Villiers and look forward to welcoming him to the home of Pakistan cricket. I am sure de Villiers’s appearance will attract new fans, and more eyeballs will follow the HBL PSL than ever before.

“I am confident that de Villiers’s decision at the back of his fellow World XI, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and the Windies’ cricketers’ decisions to play in Lahore will encourage other leading cricketers and international sides to visit this cricket-passionate country.

“For the Lahore crowds, it will be a great opportunity to watch this generation’s cricket genius live in action. I am sure they will turn up in great numbers to support de Villiers as well as Lahore Qalandars and their opponents.”

Lahore Qalandars captain Mohammad Hafeez said: “De Villiers is one of the most respected cricketers in the world. He is a proven performer, who has added new dimensions to batting in white-ball cricket.

“Not just me but the entire Lahore Qalandars side will wait eagerly for the unique experience of sharing with him a flight to Lahore and then being in the same team kit in front of what I envisage will be a packed house.

“This will again be an opportunity for the Lahore crowds to show their passion, respect, love and hospitality, and I am confident that AB will take home memories which will bring him back again and again to this beautiful piece of land.”

Could have helped your own countries cricket had you not retired. Nevertheless, looking forward to it. Always a pleasure watching him bat.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 14th January 2019 at 11:19.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    This is big. Great work by Sethi....oh....

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is some fantastic news. Surely going to go for the match in Gaddafi!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow amazing stuff. Didn't think he would play in Pakistan. Probably was heavily paid but glad he is going.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    De Villiers has confirmed that he will play all of Qalandar's group stage games, including the games in Lahore. He will not play the knockout stages.

Good stuff this.
    Why is he not playing in the knockout stages?

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That’s big news. Well done ABDV.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing news

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is the best possible news. Sõ much happy! Entire Lahore will be cheering for the legend.. Welcome to Pakistan AB!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good news. Having him come to Pakistan is great.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malik786 View Post
    Why is he not playing in the knockout stages?
    Clearly stated in OP:

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At least Lahore Qalandars now have a great chance to qualify for knockout stages because of Ab de Villiers.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be there InshAllah.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    At least Lahore Qalandars now have a great chance to qualify for knockout stages because of Ab de Villiers.
    Easily!!

Politics and sports don't mix!!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alright then Lahore Qalandars have increased their qualifying chances by 40%

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ab the legend.

Best news in a long time. People will come from every corner of the country to watch him play in front of their own eyes.

Kudos.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whole New Zealand team coming won't convince other teams like AUS, ENG, SA, compared to just AB D coming.

This is certainly a very big step in the cricket coming back to Pak.

Other teams will surely accept invitation for 3 T20Is at least, if AB first visit Pak.

Apart from AB, visit from Kohli, Smith and Warner will be really big. These are influential figures in cricket.
    Last edited by Kohli, The King of Chase; 14th January 2019 at 20:43.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope these matches are day matches and not d/n. Lahore stadium looks better in daylight.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    I hope these matches are day matches and not d/n. Lahore stadium looks better in daylight.
    wont be - some sort of tradition for T20!

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why do i get the feeling that the news of ABD coming to Pakistan was kept under the wraps and was revealed at the right time to divert fans' attention to the fact that our test team has been humiliated by SA and that our test team is totally rubbish?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Why do i get the feeling that the news of ABD coming to Pakistan was kept under the wraps and was revealed at the right time to divert fans' attention to the fact that our test team has been humiliated by SA and that our test team is totally rubbish?
    PCB is not that smart.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    PCB is not that smart.
    No. The smart thing would be to fix First Class cricket. Because they are not smart, they create these stupid diversions and cover ups.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Huge news. Respect to AB for making the trip. Hopefully this may convince some of his countrymen to tour Pak in the future.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Could have helped your own countries cricket had you not retired. Nevertheless, looking forward to it. Always a pleasure watching him bat.
    He feels his country has found adequate replacement for him. What's wrong with that. And he wants to help Pak cricket in a difficult time

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wont be - some sort of tradition for T20!
    Viewership numbers.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    PCB Media Release : Duminy, Jordan and Sammy hail de Villiers’s decision to play HBL PSL 2019 matches in Lahore

Lahore, 15 January:

AB de Villiers’s decision to return to Lahore for the HBL PSL’s fourth edition in 2019 has been welcomed by his former international colleagues.

De Villiers’s long-time team-mate JP Duminy hoped his former captain will enjoy Lahore as the public sentiment and passion for the game has increased substantially since South Africa last toured in 2007.

“I am delighted that AB has decided to play Lahore Qalandars’ back-to-back matches at the Gaddafi Stadium on 9 and 10 March. I am sure when he takes the field, he will be amazed to see the electric atmosphere, passion and excitement in the crowds,” said Duminy, who captained Islamabad United in their triumphant HBL PSL 2018 final in Karachi.

Duminy will miss this year’s event as he is recovering from an injury, something that has also kept him away from the ongoing series against Pakistan.

“The March visit will also allow AB to sense the status and respect he commands in this part of the world, as well as the impact he has made on Pakistan cricket. These people love cricket and have tremendous respect for high-performing cricketers like AB.

“The HBL PSL is a tournament which is growing fast, and with its successful staging in Pakistan, prospects of international cricket returning to the country have also brightened.

“I am sure when AB will look back at his glittering and marvellous career, he will say with pride and satisfaction that he also played a part in the revival of international cricket in Pakistan.”

England’s white-ball specialist fast bowler Chris Jordan, who will again represent Peshawar Zalmi, also backed AB, when he said: “I am glad AB de Villiers was able to make this decision of touring Pakistan.

“The love and appreciation that we received when we played in Lahore and Karachi was beyond amazing, Pakistani fans just love their cricket and to be able to experience that is something I cherish till date and look forward to this year as well. I am sure AB will have a very similar experience.”

“When you play in Pakistan, it just puts into perspective what an entire generation of their fans has missed out on and, seeing how the fans are reacting to this news, clearly it means a lot to them that AB will be playing in front of them. AB de Villiers is a great addition to this group of international cricketers who want to see international cricket return to Pakistan.”

The Windies’ legend Daren Sammy, who played in de Villiers’s opposition in a number of international matches, hailed the South African’s decision, saying: “AB has entertained the world through his exploits. I am glad that he has decided to show his skills in Lahore, which I am sure will be hugely appreciated by the courteous and supportive Pakistan cricket fans.

“De Villiers is a champion cricketer and I am excited for the players who will get to experience playing in Lahore with him and for the thousands of crazy Pakistan cricket fans who, I am sure, will line-up in huge numbers to see AB play.

“I played in Lahore and Karachi in 2017 and 2018 and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The excitement and enthusiasm I saw in Lahore and Karachi was second to none and it just drives home the fact that this game is what it is because of these lovely fans.

“Sadly, I will not get a chance to play against AB in Lahore but I will be watching the match on the television and I am sure we will get to see some great cricket.”

In a fitting start to de Villiers’s PSL career, he will feature in the HBL PSL 2019 debut match on 14 February against defending champions Islamabad United in Dubai. The tournament will culminate with the final in Karachi on 17 March.

For the first time in the history of the HBL PSL, eight matches will be played in Pakistan – three in Lahore and five in Karachi. In 2018, two matches were played in Lahore and the final in Karachi, while Lahore staged the only match (final) in 2017. The entire 2016 tournament was played in the United Arab Emirates.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Warming up nicely for the PSL!

100 in 50 balls today in the BPL - ABdV all set to entertain us as well.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why isn't he coming to Karachi

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    And he's arrived in Dubai!

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-11 at 21.54.25.jpg
Views: 6934
Size:  28.4 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-11 at 21.54.25 (1).jpg
Views: 3468
Size:  38.8 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hero!

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why he won't be playing in playoffs if LQ make it. Why not at least say, he will decide at that stage. Either way, good on him for coming.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A huge boost and signing for the PSL.

Could he turn things around for LQ?

If he can't then nobody can

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    A huge boost and signing for the PSL.

Could he turn things around for LQ?

If he can't then nobody can
    No doubt he is a good signing. But one other good signing Lahore have done is hafeez and having him as their captain. Hafeez will be perfect In Partnering fakhar at the top with ABD coming in at 3. A local captain with a good cricketing brain should be lead Lahore to the title this year.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ABD is one of the biggest megastars of modern times.. Him playing in Lahore will be a huge boost for Pakistani cricket. congrats to all Pakistani fans for such a huge step in the right direction hopefully you guys will keep on moving in the right direction and international cricket to Pakistan will return soon.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverSir View Post
    I wonder why he won't be playing in playoffs if LQ make it. Why not at least say, he will decide at that stage. Either way, good on him for coming.
    He has prior family commitments.. Read the OP

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    "Its glad to be here, part of a fantastic team"

"Hopefully we will play as well as how its gone so far in the nets, we had a good nets session today and tomorrow we are starting with the campaign and hopefully we will start with a good win"

"There is some fantastic talent here [at LQ], with Hafeez as captain and a lot of experience around"

"I think there's a lot of talent in the team; I havent seen some of the youngsters play but they look decent in the nets"

"With a little bit of help from the seniors, I think they [younger players] will be great in the games"

"I have seen some of the games and I have also heard from other players who have played for the PSL before, and its all good things"

"The standard and quality of cricket has been fantastic; I have heard a lot about the bowling attacks that are really good"

"And obviously some of the youngsters coming through, every year there is an emerging player coming through who represents Pakistan at the end of the day"

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    legend

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he's arrived in Dubai!

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-11 at 21.54.25.jpg
Views: 6934
Size:  28.4 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-11 at 21.54.25 (1).jpg
Views: 3468
Size:  38.8 KB
    I see this as a regular norm with the asian countries, showering players with flowers. Wonder what the players actually do with them ... lol

my guess: garbage

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Lahore Qalandars spokesman has denied reports of a possible injury to AB de Villiers saying that he has been approached by few journalists regarding the rumour about his injury and has clarifed that de Villiers is fully fit and any news regarding his injury is completely baseless.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    So is Mr. de Villiers going the same route as 'other' celebrity PSL guys? Big runs expected off him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    AB de Villiers birthday

Name:  IMG_20190217_073006_690.jpg
Views: 2826
Size:  404.8 KB

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So is Mr. de Villiers going the same route as 'other' celebrity PSL guys? Big runs expected off him.
    Dubai is the worst place to play cricket in the world. These pitches arent suited for t20. I dont know why all the matches werent in Sharjah and Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    AB speaking today:

"Its only 3 games in, its a long tournament, and there a lots of games to be played"

"There's plenty of room for improvement, and we are prepared to do the hard work"

"I am seeing the ball well but I am just not converting them into big scores, but that will come I am sure"

"Fantastic franchise to be part of and they are really good human beings and I couldnt have asked for better team mates"

"Just hope to get the good results on the board and we will enjoy it even more even"

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    "AB De Villiers - IPL Legend and PSL Reject"

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    The curse of the Lahore Qalandars big signing and my Fantasy Cricket Team captain strikes again

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even if he fails in the PSL it doesn't take anything he's achieved in the game. He's 35 , you would be really foolish and deluded to think a peak AB wouldn't beat the PSL bowlers black and blue.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Some controversy regarding this video - according so some, ABdV refused to share his cake with LQ owner!

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad Rana is too nice, and most nice people get blasted on honestly in the world. His team is losing obviously because of the coach and the people picking in the drafts, he has some of the weakest forein picks, forget about the lousy Pakistani picks he should let aqib go next year and also the the people who do his draft picks.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

Some controversy regarding this video - according so some, ABdV refused to share his cake with LQ owner!
    I don't think sharing the cake was the issue.

People have been saying that he did not want to eat it from Fawad Rana's hands.

I think it's a non-issue.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I don't think sharing the cake was the issue.

People have been saying that he did not want to eat it from Fawad Rana's hands.

I think it's a non-issue.
    True.

Seems LQ has as many haters as supporters!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    AB will continue as LQ captain for next few games.

So they will have yet another captain towards the end of the tournament

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Lahore Qalandar's management have told us that ABdV has a stiff back and they will observe his recovery for next 2 days.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Last edited by MenInG; 1st March 2019 at 11:59.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lahore Qalandars
    Press Release

Dubai: This is to inform all colleagues of press and media that Lahore Qalandars’ player AB de Villiers will not be able to rejoin the squad due to an injury.

It was initially decided that AB will return to join the squad for Qalandars final two league games but following a back injury, he has been advised rest by doctors.

“It’s a disappointing news for Lahore Qalandars management and its fans that AB de Villiers will not be able to make it for Pakistan’s leg of PSL but we wish him a speedy recover . He is a wonderful player and an amazing person ,” Sameen Rana, the manager of Lahore Qalandars said in a statement.

Any update on replacement, if any, will be communicated in due course.

De Villiers said: I am very disappointed that I will not be able to play in front of the passionate Pakistani cricket fans. I saw my doctor who has advised complete rest for two weeks and, unfortunately, that rules me out of the games in Karachi. I hope to be a part of the HBL PSL next year and very much hope to play my part in the return of international cricket to the country. I am backing Lahore Qalandars to go all the way and win the trophy this year.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 4th March 2019 at 13:30.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And that's the value of his word. Bloody shameful! If he wasn't willing to travel, he should have never given his world.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two possibilities:

i) he genuinely is injured, which is possible given his back spasms in previous game

ii) he was only willing to travel to Lahore.

Find out next PSL I suppose (assuming someone signs him)

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    And that's the value of his word. Bloody shameful! If he wasn't willing to travel, he should have never given his world.
    He is injured.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Two possibilities:

i) he genuinely is injured, which is possible given his back spasms in previous game

ii) he was only willing to travel to Lahore.

Find out next PSL I suppose (assuming someone signs him)
    Unless we have proof, we should go by official statement.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesnt wanna risk his back pre ipl,understandable.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he was injured why did he play his remaining matches after the injury?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who would qalandars replace him with! he was the only match winner in the team

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I knew it will happen. It was too good to be true.

Next PSL should be in Pakistan or if not then start the 1st leg in Pakistan

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathore View Post
    who would qalandars replace him with! he was the only match winner in the team
    Ryan ten doeschate

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by szundercover View Post
    Ryan ten doeschate
    in other words we will finish last again

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathore View Post
    in other words we will finish last again
    Sadly

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always knew he would never come to Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shame shame shame, acha bahana hain. PArt of me would like to believe him as he does come across as a genuine guy lekin the prospect of travelling to pakistan has probably hit him, after all those positive statements he made then this. Chalo, im sure he wont have such back problems during the IPL, he will play it in full im sure.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yeah right.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You guys are so cynical. Everyone saw him injure his back. He didn't field that match and played a match after injuring his back when he could have easily pulled out.

"...AB will return to join the squad for Qalandars final two league games but following a back injury, he has been advised rest by doctors." What's so difficult to understand?

Perhaps you guys don't deserve so see AB in action with such insulting comments. Just saying.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He alaready was struggling with back problmen my guess is he said yes earlier as he was willing to push himself to play in the LQ at their home ground for all the local fans but once it was due to logistical issues, LQ is not gonna play in Lahore and it is understandable. However, I know even in Karachi people would have loved him.

No problem, next year when he is fully fit.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandiasza View Post
    You guys are so cynical. Everyone saw him injure his back. He didn't field that match and played a match after injuring his back when he could have easily pulled out.

"...AB will return to join the squad for Qalandars final two league games but following a back injury, he has been advised rest by doctors." What's so difficult to understand?

Perhaps you guys don't deserve so see AB in action with such insulting comments. Just saying.
    You are right, some people try to read between the lines. As I have clearly mentioned even when he said he was playing he must have been pushing himself an extra miles due to local fans of LQ as he clearly was struggling with back.

I am sure if he is fit he will play next year.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    He is injured.
    How convenient....

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a coincidence. IPL starting exactly in 2 weeks.