Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

South Africa leapfrog England and New Zealand to 2nd in Test rankings, Pakistan back down to 7th

South Africa have overtaken New Zealand and England to take second position in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings after sweeping their home series against Pakistan 3-0.
    South Africa have gained four points to reach 110 points, two points above England in the list led by India (116 points) after their 2-1 victory over Australia in a four-match series that ended last week.

Pakistan have lost one position, slipping behind Sri Lanka to seventh place. Pakistan started the series with 92 points but are now on 88 points, three points less than Sri Lanka.

New Zealand are one point behind England at 107 points. England will have to win their upcoming three-match series against the Windies starting on 23 January to remain ahead of New Zealand.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/974688

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    had to happen! Maybe better days ahead.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4996 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    We are at our rightful position.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmere Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So proud to see India reign supreme in the only format that counts.

Wonderful achievement for the nation that eats, lives and breathes cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure SA deserve no.2. They were thrashed 2-0 in SL and will get demolished in India later this year as well . I rate NZ and current England team higher.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Not sure SA deserve no.2. They were thrashed 2-0 in SL and will get demolished in India later this year as well . I rate NZ and current England team higher.
    I back South Africa to defeat India in India later this year.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know why people underrate Sri Lanka so much. They are a good Test side. Maybe not as good in ODI now but test wise theh are good. They beat aus few years ago whitewashed them, beat SA 2-0. They have a good group for test format and T20s they are dangerous too. It’s in ODI they’ll struggle but then again they easily chased 320plus against India last Champions trophy.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top 7 teams barring Sri Lanka can defeat each other provided conditions/toss suit them I feel. Pakistan should be aghast at themselves for not winning against New Zealand in UAE of all freaking places

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    Lol good luck with that prediction. That's optimistic beyond the point of delusion. Saffers will be lucky to avoid a whitewash just like last time when rain in Bangalore saved them.
    Last edited by Nikhil_cric; 14th January 2019 at 17:59.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol good luck with that prediction. That's optimistic beyond the point of delusion. Saffers will be lucky to avoid a whitewash just like last time when rain in Bangalore saved them.
    I just hope all the tosses go in favor of Faf and you will be in for some fun. Last time around even Elgar was able to nip out wickets on day 1. Underestimate Keshav and Harmer at your own peril.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope all the tosses go in favor of Faf
    I hope too, seen too many one-sided games.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just hope all the tosses go in favor of Faf and you will be in for some fun. Last time around even Elgar was able to nip out wickets on day 1. Underestimate Keshav and Harmer at your own peril.
    And? They still lost. Last time they had AB to score a few runs. This time they'll get smashed as our bowling and batting are both better and they are weaker. Besides we are not Pakistan who need toss to beat OZ in UAE. We are the least toss dependent team in home conditions and win away when we win toss without fail.
    Last edited by Nikhil_cric; 14th January 2019 at 18:03.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And? They still lost. Last time they had AB to score a few runs. This time they'll get smashed as our bowling and batting are both better and they are weaker. Besides we are not Pakistan who need toss to beat OZ in UAE. We are the least toss dependent team in home conditions and win away when we win toss without fail.
    We'll see. I expect Faf to spring surprises this time around.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll see. I expect Faf to spring surprises this time around.
    England won all the tosses and still got 4-0 hammering in India last time they toured.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    England won all the tosses and still got 4-0 hammering in India last time they toured.
    That was a weak England team. Moeen was out of form and hot and cold Rashid was the main spinner. No wonder they lost. If England tours India today, I expect them to beat Indians if they win the tosses.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are as good as all the teams except India , England and SA.
    Australia is a home and away thing , so is NZ. We handed them the series they won, and it wouldn't have happened had hafeez retired sooner.
    SL we will prove we are better than them in August with or without sarfaraz.
    Onwards and upwards.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If South Africa wins one test I'd be surprised.

Pujara is coming off age, they have the upcoming Shaw and Kohli is no mug with the bat.

South Africa will be castrated into submission.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dream as you want. Reality is harsh.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    If South Africa wins one test I'd be surprised.

Pujara is coming off age, they have the upcoming Shaw and Kohli is no mug with the bat.

South Africa will be castrated into submission.
    Doctor - If anything, Pujara is at his peak now. Only way for him is going down. Kohli is still the best in the world and Shaw is exciting. True. But South Africa are no mugs. Markram, Quinton, Faf, Amla 2.0, Keshav, Rabada!, Steyn 2.0 are going to give them a tough time. Tosses will definitely play a massive role in that series.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doctor - If anything, Pujara is at his peak now. Only way for him is going down. Kohli is still the best in the world and Shaw is exciting. True. But South Africa are no mugs. Markram, Quinton, Faf, Amla 2.0, Keshav, Rabada!, Steyn 2.0 are going to give them a tough time. Tosses will definitely play a massive role in that series.
    You might be wishing here, though.

I'll make a prediction.

Even if India loses all 4 tosses, India will still win.

Are you willing to bet something on it?

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan2K8 View Post
    I don’t know why people underrate Sri Lanka so much. They are a good Test side. Maybe not as good in ODI now but test wise theh are good. They beat aus few years ago whitewashed them, beat SA 2-0. They have a good group for test format and T20s they are dangerous too. It’s in ODI they’ll struggle but then again they easily chased 320plus against India last Champions trophy.
    Hardly a good side. They got whitewashed at home by India, England and lost to Pakistan as well. They are the weakest side in home conditions in top 8. The only really impressive result was their whitewash of PAK in UAE.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    You might be wishing here, though.

I'll make a prediction.

Even if India loses all 4 tosses, India will still win.

Are you willing to bet something on it?
    Ok my prediction is that if India produce spin oriented pitches as always, and if Faf manages to win a toss(es), South Africa will win that match(es)

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In a 3 test match series vs WI in WI; I'd back WI to win 2-1.

You can't expect different result doing the same absurd thing over and over again

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    In a 3 test match series vs WI in WI; I'd back WI to win 2-1.

You can't expect different result doing the same absurd thing over and over again
    Surprisingly, WI in WI is a different preposition these days. They have some very good fast bowlers. Bangladesh was shredded into thousand pieces last time they toured. But Pakistan should still manage to win, you'd expect.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    South Africa are still a strong team especially at home. In Asia I think they will struggle. Not sure about their batting line up versus spin.

England seem to have improved under Root. I think Australia will bounce back once Smith and Warner have returned. The fight for the test championship will be between SA,India,England,and Australia IMO.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    690 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    South Africa are still a strong team especially at home. In Asia I think they will struggle. Not sure about their batting line up versus spin.

England seem to have improved under Root. I think Australia will bounce back once Smith and Warner have returned. The fight for the test championship will be between SA,India,England,and Australia IMO.
    Don't underestimate NZ. They are a very capable team as they have been proving of late.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD should overtake Pak in few years
    The rating difference between the two sides is just 19

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't underestimate NZ. They are a very capable team as they have been proving of late.
    Don't see them winning in Australia and South Africa. Also think India would beat them in India.

At home , they can beat anyone though.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    BD should overtake Pak in few years
    The rating difference between the two sides is just 19
    They already have IMO. They have better batsmen and better spinners than Pak at the moment. They will beat Pak anywhere in Asia. Out of it, they will be smashed into oblivion.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top 7 teams barring Sri Lanka can defeat each other provided conditions/toss suit them I feel. Pakistan should be aghast at themselves for not winning against New Zealand in UAE of all freaking places
    This a thousand times

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok my prediction is that if India produce spin oriented pitches as always, and if Faf manages to win a toss(es), South Africa will win that match(es)
    And if that fails to happen, you will stop posting nonsense?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mooen was “out of form” because the Indians made him look out of form. It isn’t a coincidence that mooen is out of form always in away series. He just isn’t that good. Do Pakistani players go “out of form” in Australia every time conveniently?

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All these guys averaged like 3 in the last series.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pak and SL cannot beat India anywhere no matter the conditions no matter the toss. We have better pacers, better spinners, better batsmen for all conditions compared to these two teams.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tests are an archaic format.

Requires less run scoring, and more time allows slow players to survive.

Also the least exciting.

White ball cricket is the future.