Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"For the moment, the best batsmen in Pakistan are sitting in the dressing room" : Mickey Arthur

Mickey Arthur at a press conference:

"For the moment, the best batsmen in Pakistan are sitting in the dressing room"

"A lot of positives, I thought Babar Azam was outstanding, he's taken his cricket to another level. There's question marks around Babar and I think they'll disappear now, I thought the way he played this series was amazing, he'll just go from strength to strength"

"I thought Shan Masood played exceptionally well at the top of the order, he did a hell of a good job for us"

"Asad Shafiq played two innings that were significant, everyone else sort of chipped in along the way but we didn't get enough runs"

"I thought the 430 at Newlands was too much (to concede) from a very good bowling unit, we have some work to do particularly in these conditions"

"I think everybody goes into ODI mode now, we have a far better white ball team right now than in Tests but we'll get there, we've realised the brand we want to play. We've had a look at personnel, we'll have a look at who fits in going forward. I'm pretty clear on the way we're going certainly come September which is the start of the Test championship, we've got to have a team which can play in all conditions"

"I've always been a massive advocate for five bowlers but the key is the all-rounder at 7, Shadab was unfit for the 1st Test, he was physically fit for the 2nd but probably short of cricket but he showed in this Test match that he gives us some good flexibility. We've gotta play to our strengths and five bowlers is our strength"

"We've had our moments and we didn't take it but I thought SA were outstanding particularly their bowling which kept coming at us. Our young batting group was going to be tested, a couple have come through nicely and a couple maybe not. That was always going to be the focus, if we were getting 270s and 280s, we were in the game"

"Azhar Ali is a quality player, he'll go through these form lapses. Technically on wickets that have bounce, I think we need to do a bit of work. There was a trend, he was out four times the same way and he admits that first up, we talked about it yesterday. He felt the line of Olivier coming up into him and kept his gloves up when he should've got them down. He plays for Somerset now so he'll have some time off away from us and we'll reassess in September"

"Regarding the pitches, I'm all for home ground advantage but all you want is consistent bounce. You can have as much grass you want on it, but consistent bounce is the key. Certainly at Centurion and Cape Town, there was inconsistent bounce on Day 1. I don't mind inconsistent bounce on Day 4, that's what happens to a normal Test wicket, but it shouldn't be happening on Day 1"

"The boys have worked incredibly hard on all their skills and that's a squad that has put in all the effort, the guys have been fantastic and they've tried hard throughout this Test series and I'm proud of them in that sense. The other standard which we can't accept however, is losing a Test series"

"Grant Flower puts in a lot of work with the batsmen. In terms of techniques, of course we have to analyse. There's a reason why no subcontinent teams have won in South Africa. Asian guys stay legside of the ball, in these conditions you need to stay off side of the ball. You're going to get out on the short ball if you're leg side of the ball consistently. We're going to try to try to develop a game plan regarding the batsmen's techniques, to a point where at least we score. We have a lot of work to do. Outside our own conditions, we have to find players with the skill set to manage the bounce going forward. We play Sri Lanka in UAE in September then we play Australia in Australia after that, so we have to have our skill sets perfect to manage the bouncing ball by that time"

"Before Australia, we need to get our Test batsmen into Australia, 3-4 weeks early. I sit and plan months ahead, but who knows, I might not be around in September! (laughing) I'm pretty realistic as to where we sit in terms of being coaches... But you've gotta look forward and plan, we want to get our batters into Australia and get them early into camps, that's the only way we can do it. Both batting lineups have struggled this series, the difference has been de Kock at 7, he played match changing innings and that's been the difference between the batting units"

"I've always said Sarfaraz goes from strength to strength, he wants to lead from the front. I thought his wicket-keeping has been outstanding in this series. What we need is to get a good core of leaders around him and if we can do that, he'll go from strength to strength"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting comments.
    Will we have time to get the guys out to Australia early?
    Don't forsee big changes unless sarfaraz steps down himself.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You say 5 bowlers are our strength then why did you not play 5 bowlers? Also Hasan Ali really a bowler in SENA conditions? his short height is more suited to LOIs Cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz, Azhar, Asad, Fakhar are really not the best in Pakistan, just look at the numbers over the past 2 years for these guys.

Saud, Saad, Usman, Rizwan are the best in Pakistan and none of them got a game.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1868 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    The most important thing is getting the Test batsmen into Australia a month earlier.

Adelaide is a pink ball lottery made for the likes of Abbas and Amir.

Perth will be hard but it’s the home of Mickey’s Academy - he just needs a month of practice there.

I booked my hotel for Adelaide today - I’m guessing 6-10 December!

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It will be 3-0 for AUS, especially after the drubbing they got this summer, they will be extra motivated to win this home season.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    You say 5 bowlers are our strength then why did you not play 5 bowlers? Also Hasan Ali really a bowler in SENA conditions? his short height is more suited to LOIs Cricket.
    He said cos shadab was injured and only just recovered for 2nd test

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So there's no one in Pakistan who can outperform Azhar Ali average of 9?

Also why is Mickey making jokes about not being the coach for the Australian tour? It doesn't sound very good.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post

Also why is Mickey making jokes about not being the coach for the Australian tour? It doesn't sound very good.
    I believe his contract is till the World Cup. Anyway, it was a lighthearted comment.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I believe his contract is till the World Cup. Anyway, it was a lighthearted comment.
    I if we perform badly at the World Cup, I think his contract won't be renewed.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He is deluded, if he thinks the best batsmen in Pak were on this tour!

Time to ship him out, along with the useless one (inzi).

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "I've always said Sarfaraz goes from strength to strength, he wants to lead from the front. I thought his wicket-keeping has been outstanding in this series. What we need is to get a good core of leaders around him and if we can do that, he'll go from strength to strength"
    Clearly Sarfaraz has his support and he isn't going anywhere. Btw both have been nicely lumping all Asian teams together when talking about match performances.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No one better than Azhar if there was he will be screaming out loud and will be in the team.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad that test championship is from September and these series don't matter and gladder than Mickey has now seen everyone and we can put together a solid plan from now. Some interesting observations made. As expected, he had praise for Babar, Shan, and Asad.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one better than Azhar if there was he will be screaming out loud and will be in the team.
    So no one in Pakistan can average more than 9?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel like this is being said for the umpteenth time but the problem is with our domestic cricket that doesn't allow batsmen's techniques to develop and discourages real fast-bowling. Seriously, the pitches are so useless and the gulf between some sides is so much that the quality of cricket automatically goes down.

Problems are with the basics. How can players be expected to win in South Africa when they are playing mickey mouse cricket on the domestic level?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic comments... may be he should submit a prerecorded comments series after series as he isnít doing anything different.

Not sure what he meant by that comment. He meant that his best players are shadab and faheem and shadab injury caused us 3-0? Really Mickey. I always thought he got a pathetic mindset for tests and he has proved that in UAE and outside. In a way his comments make sense as the best players werenít in squad and he keep praising Azhar and Asad not sure why.

Stop making the nation fool Mickey you made your $$ like any other coach now leave and then after 6 months write a blame book where you unleash all the truth and blame PCB.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure they are batsmen in Pakistan who can average even 50, but consistently? That's another story.

I mean sure Azhar needs to be booted.

But there is every likelihood that a newcomer will struggle worse than Azhar especially after playing Sri Lanka in UAE and then suddenly finding himself in Australia. Wouldn't be surprised if the batsmen to replace Azhar averages 9 or 10 in Australia.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    I am pretty sure they are batsmen in Pakistan who can average even 50, but consistently? That's another story.

But there is every likelihood that a newcomer will struggle worse than Azhar especially after playing Sri Lanka in UAE and then suddenly finding himself in Australia. Wouldn't be surprised if the batsmen to replace Azhar averages 9 or 10 in Australia.
    Azhar is the no. 1 target right now as Imam and Shafiq played reasonably well in patches.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the test championship gonna work?can some1 point me to a thread, if it can't be answered here, or had already been answered elsewhere.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    The most important thing is getting the Test batsmen into Australia a month earlier.

Perth will be hard but it’s the home of Mickey’s Academy - he just needs a month of practice there.

Book for 6-8 December, and reserve for next 2 days. You have enough money, but no point wasting some for undue risk😝

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

6-10 December - all days? Even after today's and the series' result? You are one passionate fan!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post

The thing Azhar Ali needs to be replaced. His lack of shot range has caught up with him. You don't keep on selecting someone because there may not be someone better . He is 34 as well. Australian attack will cause him just as much problems as Olivier did.

I'm not saying his replacements will average 50. But I'm confident they would average more than 9.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar averages about 40 in over 60 matches nobody capable of matching that. I have said many times Azhar and Shaifq were good supporting act to a big boy Younis and Misbah since they have retired there was a lot of talk about these two guys taking over from them but they are not capable of that.

Back to your point you dont judge a bastman over 2/3 matches.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not going to know what batsman are better unless they don't try them out. How many more years of substandard batting from Azhar/Shafiq/2 Openers/ Sarfaraz do we need?

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar averages about 40 in over 60 matches nobody capable of matching that. I have said many times Azhar and Shaifq were good supporting act to a big boy Younis and Misbah since they have retired there was a lot of talk about these two guys taking over from them but they are not capable of that.

Back to your point you dont judge a bastman over 2/3 matches.

I'm not judging him over 3 games. He has been out of form for a while. Teams know how to get him out.

I have been a big supporter of his but he needs to be dropped.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The thing Azhar Ali needs to be replaced. His lack of shot range has caught up with him. You don't keep on selecting someone because there may not be someone better . He is 34 as well. Australian attack will cause him just as much problems as Olivier did.

I'm not saying his replacements will average 50. But I'm confident they would average more than 9.
    No He will perform better in AUS conditions where you dont need to attack you can simply blunt an attack and then use a soft kookaburra bowl to score runs similar to Pujara who also failed in SA because simply blocking doesnt work on SA wicket as one bowl will have your name on it.
    Last edited by Pakhs; 14th January 2019 at 18:21.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Loads of rubbish and nonsense comments from our coach.

Basically protecting useless players like Azhar, shafiq etc...

Seems TTFS will continue to get a free ride in team.

Time for new coach, captain and chief selector and get rid of rubbish senior players as well.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not judging him over 3 games. He has been out of form for a while. Teams know how to get him out.

I have been a big supporter of his but he needs to be dropped.
    He has been but with his experince he is our best chance of averaging 40 until he retires. New batsman unless he is Babar will not perform better than him. Your problem is he is not good enough senior well tough luck about that. We are 7 for this reason.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "Asad Shafiq played two innings that were significant, everyone else sort of chipped in along the way but we didn't get enough runs"

Yes well done scoring runs when game is pretty much lost! very significant!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mickey should be sacked , t20 is the last format i am interested in and our team is good in only that format.

why are saad ali , saud shakeel and salahuddin being consistently ignored?

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Mickey should be sacked , t20 is the last format i am interested in and our team is good in only that format.

why are saad ali , saud shakeel and salahuddin being consistently ignored?
    Because they are not as good as the ones playing which is very obvious.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No He will perform better in AUS conditions where you dont need to attack you can simply blunt an attack and then use a soft kookaburra bowl to score runs similar to Pujara who also failed in SA because simply blocking doesnt work on SA wicket as one bowl will have your name on it.

He was targeted with the short ball by Olivier of all people. Imagine what Starc,Cummins ,and Hazelwood will do to him.

Pujara can block the new ball but he can attack the spinners. You can't just block all day.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The clear message to the batsmen performing in domestic cricket from our coach is:

No matter what you do , no matter how good you perform we have the best batsmen in our dressing room and their performances don't matter.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because they are not as good as the ones playing which is very obvious.
    and how is that obvious?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali has to open or retire. It's as simple as that. You can't have Imam and him in the same team playing the same role.

He did well in Australia, maybe he should be taken there but not as number three. We lost all the matches he scored in because he scores at a slow clip. Dull the new ball, make it easier for the stroke makers below to handle the pitch should be his brief.

Shan has done well. He will struggle in England but then so does everyone else. Azhar has to open with him, dead bat everything and not be scared or Imam can do that.

Haris needs to play regularly. If he's not fit enough, that opens up another slot. Babar fits in at four. Asad will be played no matter what we say about him. Now he has two fifties to show as well for that. We need a keeper batsman. That's a problem area. Shadab and Fahim are bits and pieces but we need them. That leaves three bowling spots. Shaheen gets one if he continues to develop. Two are left between Hassan, Amir, Abbas, Shinwari, Junaid, someone from a younger age bracket who is tall. That under 19 guy Arshad is someone to invest in. Musa is too short to be useful in foreign tours and unless he becomes a tearway, there's no point of him.

Change of captaincy and style. More power to the coach so that he has a major say in the team selection and we'll be okay. There's enough to work here.

We do need a spinner, even Nawaz would do instead of Bilal Asif. That guy is totally a waste of space if u consider his batting as well. Amazes me that he once opened for Pak and was considered a proper batsman. Like how the hell did that happen beats me totally.

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This guy had lost his mind now
    I am waiting for him and Sarfraz to vanish after WC debacle

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    and how is that obvious?
    Have a look at their averages over 5 year domestic season.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was targeted with the short ball by Olivier of all people. Imagine what Starc,Cummins ,and Hazelwood will do to him.

Pujara can block the new ball but he can attack the spinners. You can't just block all day.
    Australian conditions are not so hard to duck or even play the pull shot. Look at what Ali did in AUS last time.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australian conditions are not so hard to duck or even play the pull shot. Look at what Ali did in AUS last time.
    Azhar Ali can't pull or cut the ball. His lack of shot range has caught up with him.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perth will be hard but itís the home of Mickeyís Academy - he just needs a month of practice there.

I booked my hotel for Adelaide today - Iím guessing 6-10 December!
    Booked your hotel 11 months before?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali can't pull or cut the ball. His lack of shot range has caught up with him.
    Look at his record in AUS and then you will know. His overall record is not bad but Obviously he is no kholi, kane etc.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1009 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Mickey needs to call up the top performing domestic batsmen and move on from busted flushes like Azhar, Shafiq, Sarfraz and Imam.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his comments sound as if Pakistan won the series.... needs to get his head out and stop trying to spin it....start looking at reality Mickey

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an inertia surrounding the Pakistan test team right now. There's no desire to change, improve or let anyone else in who can do that. Everyone has become too comfortable in this environment. And with his comments Mickey Arthur has shown he is part of the problem, along with the captain and selectors. They have no desire to give a chance to guys performing in domestic cricket because it would highlight their own incompetence and be a threat to the gravy train they are on.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    to be fair, its not Michey Arthur's job to find talent in Pakistan, or even to make sure the best players are selected in the squad. His job is really to make the most of what he is given, and at most make suggestions / recommendations to the selectors

The failure of the squad is really on the selectors. They are the ones who failed here

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It looks like there will be no changes in this team which has lost at both Home and Away.

This will be the team for Sri Lanka Tests in UAE:

Imam Ul Haq
    Shan Masood
    Azhar Ali
    Haris Sohail
    Babar Azam
    Asad Shafiq
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Bilal Asif/Shadab Khan
    Hasan Ali/Shaheen Afridi
    Yasir Shah
    Mohammad Abbas/Mohammad Amir

This will be the Team for Australia Tests in Australia:

Shan Masood
    Azhar Ali
    Haris Sohail
    Babar Azam
    Asad Shafiq
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Shadab Khan
    Faheem Ashraf
    Mohammad Amir
    Hasan Ali/Mohammad Abbas
    Shaheen Afridi

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didnt sugar-coat anything. He praised Shafiq for doing a good job. To do better you have to be the best aka Kholi et all.
    But he didn't do a good job.... they lost! They lost badly in every game! He needs to demand better, not try and spin things to make it look like his team succeeded.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka81 View Post
    But he didn't do a good job.... they lost! They lost badly in every game! He needs to demand better, not try and spin things to make it look like his team succeeded.
    They are not your kids and you can just shout at them for any small mistakes. He is a coach of professionals and Shafiq has played 2 good innings out of 6 which is a fact and he said so. Noone else will do better not even Babar who is probably the best talent we have seen in Pakistan since Yousuf.

How ever if you wanted Shafiq to perform like Kholi or Kane then forget it.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a look at their averages over 5 year domestic season.
    salahuddin , saad and saud shakeel have better performances and even fawad has superior performance over the years.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is the sum of their averages over 5 years? you will get your answer.
    Last edited by Pakhs; 14th January 2019 at 19:49.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So one has to stay off side of the ball in bouncy conditions. So, if the bowlers are bowling in the channel at pace with good accuracy, how can you be off side of the ball?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would drop Imam.
    Bring Fawad Alam at #3
    Usman Salahuddin #4
    Barbar #5

Fawad Alam needs to be brought into the equation i do not know how he has been disregarded for so long. Usman Salahuddin again amazing in first class cricket.

We need to send bowlers into first class cricket to get them accustomed to different pitches.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistan performed a lot better than expected. The first test could have been won. Losing wickets after 100 for 1 in second innings and then dropped catches of Elgar and Amla early in the 2nd innings mean the chance was squandered. They were outplayed in the 2nd test even though the 2nd innings batting was good. I guess this is the template according to Mickey. The 3rd test was much closer than the scoreline. A first innings score of 250 should have been the case but ...

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe they should try staying out in the middle for a bit

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He didnt sugar-coat anything. He praised Shafiq for doing a good job. To do better you have to be the best aka Kholi et all.
    how can scoring runs only in 2nd inns in a losing cause be a good job?

He failed in 1st inns when we really needed runs!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post

To score match winning runs in SA conditions is very rare and basically you have to be ATG level batsman to do it. Nobody said he is ATG level no way near.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why I didnt know kholi or kane were available for selection?
    Kohli or Kane aren't available for selection, but do you really feel Pakistan don't have better players than Azhar and Asad (who have averaged in the 30's in the last 2 years) or Imam (who had an FC average in the 30's when he was selected)?

If Hafeez hadn't retired, he would have probably started the series ahead of Babar Azam. Would you still say we don't have better players available?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fed up with all these comments again and again and again

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    in the last few years pakistan have only played two middle order batsmen other than azhar and asad and guess what? Both are better than asad and azhar. Babar and haris.

If they had played guys like Usman , saud , fawad alam and saad ali , they would have done better than these two.

Middle order batsmen that have played for pakistan in the last 5 years

Younis khan
    Misbah ul haq
    malik
    Azhar ali
    asad shafiq
    babar azam
    haris sohail
    usman salahuddin (1 match)

Misbah , younis and malik retired.

asad and azhar have been playing consistently with full backing without any fear of being dropped and yet their performances are average at best. Without giving chances to any other middle order batsmen how can you say that the guys sitting in the dressing room are the best? They have not even tried them.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know Mickey is backing Azhar, but the latter really needs to realize he is in decline now and will help the team by retiring.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    his comments sound as if Pakistan won the series.... needs to get his head out and stop trying to spin it....start looking at reality Mickey
    The reality is that the batsmen aren't that great, although there were signs that they were improving towards the end as they acclimatised to the uneven pitches. You can chop and change coaches all day long, but it's still the same batsmen who will have to go out and perform.

Personally I think that's a good level headed interview, don't have many issues with what he said.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said visitors must forego searching for quality in batting & play 4 best bowlers plus Faheem before start of series . Go for 20 cheap wickets & hope your batsmen measure up . They did scoring flashy 294 & 273 . I still think back your strength & BATTING is NOT it .
    Glad to see neutrals like Rishwat contributing

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If these are our best bats then may the Lord have mercy on us.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the best batsmen are NOT playing , what are the selectors & coach doing ?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another face saving statement, when Mickey is going to realise and make rightful team selections out of current resources he has and if he does that then results could get slightly better and I hopes Pcb organises upcoming SENA tours with a handful 2-3 4 day practise matches so that our players get acclimatised with conditions and thank God we have a odi series vs Eng before WC and lets hope Mickey doesnot mess up there with his selection decisions.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    If the best batsmen are NOT playing , what are the selectors & coach doing ?
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of the selectors aren't aware of a lot of the players on the domestic circuit. PCB has often been dominated by VIP and celebrity culture than those who actually have a deep grounding in the game. The lack of professionalism within the PCB has become common knowledge, it isn't even contested by the PCB themselves publicly.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After Pakistan bowled SA for 262 in the first innings, Shafiq was needed to step up rather than hiding behind an inept nightwatchman but of little fortune the side managed to get through the day without being 3 wickets down.

This epitomises how timid and selfish this mental midget really is. After the end of the day's play I predicted a failure from him because firstly he had already lost the battle mentally (hiding behind Abbas) and secondly when Pakistan need runs from him, historically he has failed 70-80% of the time.

When Pakistan is on the verge of defeat like the D/N test in Brisbane and in this test that's when he decides to step up. His runs only add value to the side if the rest of the team are doing well because of his inability to take the game head on to the opposition. Azhar Ali's regression is what will keep Shafiq's spot secure for another 12 months.
    Last edited by topspin; 14th January 2019 at 22:54.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Might aswell scrap "A" tours and games and no point most players making an effort in domestic cricket.

"The best players are in dressing room"

What sort of message is that to plsyers outside of team.

We are backing failures.

Arthur should be sacked on that stupid comment alone.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Might aswell scrap "A" tours and games and no point most players making an effort in domestic cricket.

"The best players are in dressing room"

What sort of message is that to plsyers outside of team.

We are backing failures.

Arthur should be sacked on that stupid comment alone.
    I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. The last thing you want is for a captain and coach to publically bash his players especially when we have an ODI, T-20 series to go and a World Cup to focus on afterwards and we don't play another test match for 10 months now. I am sure Mickey will say his piece to the PCB Cricketing Committee and the Selection Committee and the PCB Chairman.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. The last thing you want is for a captain and coach to publically bash his players especially when we have an ODI, T-20 series to go and a World Cup to focus on afterwards and we don't play another test match for 10 months now. I am sure Mickey will say his piece to the PCB Cricketing Committee and the Selection Committee and the PCB Chairman.
    Am sorry but no benefit of doubt should be given at all. The senior players were given a dressing down early in series and has anything improved? No

Azhar got worse as series went out, Asad played usual inns when it was a last cause and sarfraz batted like he was playing t20 cricket.

The players deserve no backing at all, all thats be created is a toxic and negative enviroment that failure is ok and will be persisted with.

Look at Australia they lost 3-1 to india at home with similar pathetic batting and batsmen got the chop. Non of this nonsense that best players in dressing room.

Same backing of failing seniors in ODIs will be exposed in next few series aswell.

Arthur should go away and do some homework.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team lost the test series by a whopping 3-0 whitewash and there's not a single criticising comment by Mickey about any faults, failures of the batsmen. Instead he's all praises for duds like Azhar, Asad and Sarfraz. Goes to show that now his only interest is just to ride out his remaining contract and continue to milk PCB for whatever it's worth and then bolt.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackass. Just lost 3-0 against a weak SA team with pathetic batting and still talking rubbish. How is he even a professional coach? No wonder Australians didn't tolerate him and kicked his butt out of their system after just few months .

Someone tell this goof, keep ur mouth shut if you don't know who are the best red ball batsmen in Pakistan. Left out 3-4 of the best batsmen for NZ n SA series and saying he's best batsmen sitting around him? If PCB has any shame left, this **** won't survive after this month.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad, Usman, Haris, Saad all have brilliant record of scoring centuries frequently. All of them score a 100 after around 8 innings of FC. Saud scores after 9. Abid scores one hundred per 11 innings.
    While his favourites Babar and Shan score tons after 28 and 19 FC innings respectively. Nephew does every 24 innings. Who's he making fool? He's surely on destroying Pakistan cricket mission and those fans who defend him as a coach of our team are equally responsible for the downfall of our test performances