Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    146
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Chairman PCB Ehsan Mani Silence Watch

    The most important discussion around social media is not Pakistan's shameful loss to South Africa, 0-3. It is PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani's response which has been only silence.

    This was not just a loss for the team, Pakistani fans but also the broadcaster they lost 5 days of revenue as Pakistan team failed to bat more than 3 days thruout the series. No telecast of this series saved PTV from the losses unlike Ten Sports. Many fans like me stop tuning in after 2nd test to watch Pakistan and catched up in the highlights hoping things improve.

    Ehsan Mani took over from Mr. Sethi to correct and clean the system. He has not only carried forward the bad elements of Sethi's tenure, he has emboldened them due to which Pakistan team is suffering badly.

    Under Mani, Pakistan has lost 2 test series one at home and another clean sweep abroad in SA. Has failed to control the chief selector who is doin open nepotism, conflict of interest by selecting his nephew and damaging team morale. Team selections have been the worst for last 2 years but the rot has gotten worse under Mani. The way cheif selector announced ODI squad showed Mani has been a joke to him and he will do as he like with the team. Coach and captain following the selector have their own favorites. Sarfraz supporting Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali has been detrimental and devastating.

    Administratively, Subhan Ahmeds and Wahlas continue with Mani. NCA management similarly destroying the young blood coming in from the system. Ehsan Mani promised a change from adhoc, i the 2 months time he has rewarded induction of former cronies of adhoc like Wasim Bari into the PCB.

    Ehsan Mani's silence is doing more harm than good and its not going to help him if he persists with same strategy till World Cup with more disastrous results awaiting us.
    Last edited by Khwaja78; 14th January 2019 at 20:27.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    97,101
    Mentioned
    1752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Its not his job to select teams. What he needs to work upon is good governance but yes, needs to pick the right people as well.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,695
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    How long has Ehsan Mani been in the job ? Should a Chairman even be meddling in selection affairs ?

    It's the cricket committee that's appointed to oversee the selectors, coaches and team.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,057
    Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Change does not happen in one day, our selectors have a habit of carrying on failures for long and now with the WC just a few months away, there won't be wholesale changes at this moment. The WC will dictate what will happen in the future.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    40,243
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the thing with imran khan , he though 10 years ago that mani should have this job but is he really a good choice for todays cricket? Pakistan cricket board has the tradition of keeping dinosaurs within their ranks and deadwood within the team , don't think we will see any improvement in any department in PCB.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    585
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you expect him to do? Come out on media and lash out how pathetic our players are and how selfish of them to cause financial stress to the broadcasters?

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,842
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Change does not happen in one day, our selectors have a habit of carrying on failures for long and now with the WC just a few months away, there won't be wholesale changes at this moment. The WC will dictate what will happen in the future.
    Right... When Inzi became selector that's what he said... relax things don't change overnight, 2 years later we got smacked by Lanka and NZ at home barely won against Aus and smacked by SA. We still don't have a reliable opener or middle order and no real fast bowler has been introduced.. All Inzi has done is come out and give statements like a politician.

    Now we are hoping next selection committee with do wonders..

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    1,691
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keeping silence is called professionalism

    Blabbering Infront of press after every few days and keeping the fans updated with what's going on behind the scene was an immature behaviour by sethi Saab.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    12,223
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    The most important discussion around social media is not Pakistan's shameful loss to South Africa, 0-3. It is PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani's response which has been only silence.

    This was not just a loss for the team, Pakistani fans but also the broadcaster they lost 5 days of revenue as Pakistan team failed to bat more than 3 days thruout the series. No telecast of this series saved PTV from the losses unlike Ten Sports. Many fans like me stop tuning in after 2nd test to watch Pakistan and catched up in the highlights hoping things improve.

    Ehsan Mani took over from Mr. Sethi to correct and clean the system. He has not only carried forward the bad elements of Sethi's tenure, he has emboldened them due to which Pakistan team is suffering badly.

    Under Mani, Pakistan has lost 2 test series one at home and another clean sweep abroad in SA. Has failed to control the chief selector who is doin open nepotism, conflict of interest by selecting his nephew and damaging team morale. Team selections have been the worst for last 2 years but the rot has gotten worse under Mani. The way cheif selector announced ODI squad showed Mani has been a joke to him and he will do as he like with the team. Coach and captain following the selector have their own favorites. Sarfraz supporting Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali has been detrimental and devastating.

    Administratively, Subhan Ahmeds and Wahlas continue with Mani. NCA management similarly destroying the young blood coming in from the system. Ehsan Mani promised a change from adhoc, i the 2 months time he has rewarded induction of former cronies of adhoc like Wasim Bari into the PCB.

    Ehsan Mani's silence is doing more harm than good and its not going to help him if he persists with same strategy till World Cup with more disastrous results awaiting us.
    Isnt it a good thing that he doesnt give a statement everyday. His job is management, not selection and if the selectors are usless then by all means replace them. The sad reality is that no PK team is going to beat Saffer in their own back yard and that aint going to change in the next few years, if ever.

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    5,024
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'm glad he is silent. The chairman is supposed to concern himself with the affairs of the board not the team. Do you see the chairmen or president of ECB or CA giving statements after every series?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    9,047
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Smart way to deal the touch situation. Let Sarfraz and Micky handle it. PSL is around the corner and everything will be forgotten once its start.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    146
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some posters are childishly diverting this topic towards a Sheharyar Khan/Sethi era press conferences.

    Its about concrete action after a shameful loss following 2 more losses and a selection criteria that is heavily biased and against domestic players,
    Its about the out of control management under his nose starting from the selection committee openly practicing nepotism.

    All boards show thru their actions like people resigning after only a few series and an year of underperformance. Selectors being taken to task and there approach changing. What we are seeing is more of the same and its hurting Pakistani cricket most of all. Silence protrudes to doing nothing and emboldened corrupt officials under him.
    Last edited by Khwaja78; Today at 00:23.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    70,330
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    What do people want Mani to say about the cricket?

    He's Chairman, not the Chief Selector, Captain or Coach.



  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,053
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should rather be Wasim Khan. Ehsan Mani is now only overseeing things while Wasim will be executing them.

    Maybe change your thread title. It's not the Najam Sethi (one man show) era anymore


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,053
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Thats the thing with imran khan , he though 10 years ago that mani should have this job but is he really a good choice for todays cricket? Pakistan cricket board has the tradition of keeping dinosaurs within their ranks and deadwood within the team , don't think we will see any improvement in any department in PCB.
    That's why he is in the administrative function (in which Mani is excellent) and Wasim Khan in the executive (more responsible for getting cricket stuff on track).

    I think Pakistan could not get any better at the moment.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    3,254
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has no business on giving statements after team’s loss or victory..

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    146
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Should rather be Wasim Khan. Ehsan Mani is now only overseeing things while Wasim will be executing them.

    Maybe change your thread title. It's not the Najam Sethi (one man show) era anymore
    So one has to wait for another 2 months before a decision maker is hired. When Mr. Wasim arrives than they'll say let him take some months to understand the system.

    Wasim Khan is not better than Ehsan Mani in terms of experience.
    Ehsan Mani has managed ICC as a President and PCB or BCCP as a treasurer for 7 years.
    Pakistan national team is his cash cow. Its being deliberately damaged by the management over it starting from selectors. No action is creating a vaccuum and demoralizing the fans from watching the team before the World Cup. Ten Sports reported losses on revenue as Pakistan team could not survive 50 overs per innings.

    Ehsan Mani thru his hands-off approach is basically letting things explode and hit rock bottom. By the time someone reins in, it will be too late. Then they'll force someone to resign and put the whole pile of blame on him, even though they are all involved in this devastation.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    550
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be disappointed if he was to say anything until the touring team has returned home !!

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    70,330
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Should rather be Wasim Khan. Ehsan Mani is now only overseeing things while Wasim will be executing them.

    Maybe change your thread title. It's not the Najam Sethi (one man show) era anymore
    Wasim Khan hasn't started in the role yet.



  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,480
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fans moan and groan when there's dirty laundry being washed in front of cameras and media by the PCB, yet they want Mani to come out and...air the dirty laundry and demand players to be included and other dropped? Oh and it's not his job to do either.



    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    413
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lo ji Mani sahib balla pharo teh maidaan ich uttar jao, aur kya karay mani sahib....

    I for one am happy that we dont have a buffoon as a pcb head who runs his mouth non stop. Yes results arent good, but these things aren't directly related to him, ultimately yes, but not in the manner you are expecting it to be. He is working on trying to put proper people in proper slots, and he cannot do knee jerk moves like our knee-jerk posts on here, because if he keeps on chopping and mincing no one (decent/qualified) would want to work with PCB...

    PCB is trying to fight on a steep slope to curb its reputation, we dont need any more drama...

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    23,551
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Silence is better than someone arranging press conference twice a day. I am sure we’ll see some actions. My experience is when PCB people talk, means they won’t do anything or do something else.

    This guy is opposite - I am expecting something to happen behind screen, but his appointment is so close to World Cup that, very little scope of any major action.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •