Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 70 of 70
  1. #1
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,632
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    South Africa vs Pakistan | 1st ODI | 19 Jan, 2019 | Port Elizabeth | Pre-Match Discussion

    We have lost in Tests but that isn't our best format, we can still win ODI and T20I series.

    My Team for the First Match realistically:


    Fakhar Zaman
    Shan Masood
    Babar Azam
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Shoaib Malik
    Sarfraz Ahmed(C)(Wk)
    Shadab Khan
    Faheem Ashraf
    Mohammad Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Shaheen Afridi

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    6,107
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The most we can hope for is Shan ahead of Imam, which probably won't happen.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    1,638
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fakhar
    Imam (won't be dropped)
    Babar
    S.Masood
    H.Talat
    Hafeez
    Imad
    Sarfraz (doesn't bet higher than 7)
    Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Shaheen

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,632
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Fakhar
    Imam (won't be dropped)
    Babar
    S.Masood
    H.Talat
    Hafeez
    Imad
    Sarfraz (doesn't bet higher than 7)
    Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Shaheen
    Why no Shadab Khan?

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,274
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want them to play this XI in the 1st match.

    1. Imam ul-Haq
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Mohammad Hafeez
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Sarfraz Ahmed*+
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Shadab Khan
    10. Shaheen Afridi
    11. Usman Shinwari

    Rest Amir and Hasan for the 1st match at least. They will be tired from the Test matches and there is a lot of cricket coming up in the next few months

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    1,638
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Why no Shadab Khan?
    His batting isn't needed because he's more of an accumulator than a lower order hitter and hence why I prefer his batting in the longer format. In the Asia Cup he really struggled with the bat.

    Also I felt Imad is more economical with the ball and he's also a better LOI batsman. I think the good players of spin will smash Shadab out of the park because he does bowl a lot of rubbish as well.

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,274
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    His batting isn't needed because he's more of an accumulator than a lower order hitter and hence why I prefer his batting in the longer format. In the Asia Cup he really struggled with the bat.

    Also I felt Imad is more economical with the ball and he's also a better LOI batsman. I think the good players of spin will smash Shadab out of the park because he does bowl a lot of rubbish as well.
    Shadab will definitely struggle against Klaasen who hit a lot against Indian leggie Chahal.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,695
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The lack of specialist batsmen worries me, especially since our two senior batsmen are so vulnerable against quality pace. Imam will likely start too so that's another sitting duck.

    My preference would be:

    Fakhar Zaman
    Shan Masood
    Babar Azam
    Shoaib Malik
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Hussain Talat
    Shadab Khan
    Fahim Ashraf
    Hasan Ali
    Mohammad Amir
    Shaheen Afridi

    However I'm sure Hafeez's spot will be secure so he can "clear the issue" with Steyn.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can only expect our chances in T20 series. We'll be whitewashed in ODIs as well


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,252
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My preferred 11 from the squad chosen

    Fakhar
    Shan
    Babar
    Talat
    Malik /Hafeez
    Sarfraz
    Faheem
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    Shaheen

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    495
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The lack of specialist batsmen worries me, especially since our two senior batsmen are so vulnerable against quality pace. Imam will likely start too so that's another sitting duck.

    My preference would be:

    Fakhar Zaman
    Shan Masood
    Babar Azam
    Shoaib Malik
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Hussain Talat
    Shadab Khan
    Fahim Ashraf
    Hasan Ali
    Mohammad Amir
    Shaheen Afridi

    However I'm sure Hafeez's spot will be secure so he can "clear the issue" with Steyn.
    Shadab is fine at 7 for Tests but not for ODIs

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    495
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1.Fakhar Zaman
    2.Shan Masood
    3.Babar Azam
    4.Shoaib Malik
    5.Mohammad Hafeez
    6.Sarfraz Ahmed (wk) (c)
    7.Hussain Talat
    8.Shadab Khan
    9.Faheem Ashraf
    10.Mohammad Amir
    11.Shaheen Afridi

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    88,893
    Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    They will again make selection blunders , and loose the series.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    2,103
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another whitewash is waiting to be delivered.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    495
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1.Fakhar Zaman
    2.Mohammad Hafeez
    3.Shan Masood
    4.Babar Azam
    5.Shoaib Malik
    6.Sarfraz Ahmed (wk) (c)
    7.Hussain Talat
    8.Shadab Khan
    9.Faheem Ashraf
    10.Mohammad Amir
    11.Shaheen Afridi

    With Hafeez opening it looks better

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,497
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be good to see our side performing before the WC...

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    336
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A green storm is coming!

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    336
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they do not play Hussain Talat. The guy defines mediocrity!

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,497
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    1.Fakhar Zaman
    2.Mohammad Hafeez
    3.Shan Masood
    4.Babar Azam
    5.Shoaib Malik
    6.Sarfraz Ahmed (wk) (c)
    7.Hussain Talat
    8.Shadab Khan
    9.Faheem Ashraf
    10.Mohammad Amir
    11.Shaheen Afridi

    With Hafeez opening it looks better
    Steyn says hi

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    489
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    a poor lower middle order should mean Pak are in for another drubbing.

    My 11
    Imam(cant be dropped)
    Shan
    Bobby
    Fakhar
    Malik
    Hussain Talat
    Shadab
    Sarfraz(cant be dropped)
    Hasan
    Amir
    Shaheen

    I would bat Fakhar in middle order permanently because he can play spin well

  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    2,103
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you only have one quality batsman who came from a long line of mental midgets, its not really that difficult to predict the outcome of the series.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    When you only have one quality batsman who came from a long line of mental midgets, its not really that difficult to predict the outcome of the series.
    People are seriously overrating the ODI squad of SA.
    They are way ahead of Pakistan in the tests but ODIs the gap isn't that much tbh.
    WHAT good team gets thrashed 5-1 by a sub continent team in their own backyard??
    WHAT was the reason they flopped?

    I predict 3-2 to either side.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Do Pakistan have a realistic chance of winning the SA ODI series?

    Do Pakistan have a realistic chance of winning the ODIs?
    Am I just being too influenced by the test matches?

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,219
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can beat them. They are not that good a ODI side Ranked 4th

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,720
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pak will win one or two last matches after SA goes 3-0 to clinch the series

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,720
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    People are seriously overrating the ODI squad of SA.
    They are way ahead of Pakistan in the tests but ODIs the gap isn't that much tbh.
    WHAT good team gets thrashed 5-1 by a sub continent team in their own backyard??
    WHAT was the reason they flopped?

    I predict 3-2 to either side.
    Kohli and Kuldeep. They were the difference. Pak was also thrashed by Kohliless India in Asia cup. SA is better in all three facets and are playing at home.
    Last edited by rhony; Yesterday at 05:00.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    10,053
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I want them to play this XI in the 1st match.

    1. Imam ul-Haq
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Mohammad Hafeez
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Sarfraz Ahmed*+
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Faheem Ashraf
    9. Shadab Khan
    10. Shaheen Afridi
    11. Usman Shinwari

    Rest Amir and Hasan for the 1st match at least. They will be tired from the Test matches and there is a lot of cricket coming up in the next few months
    Shadab at 9? Are you serious? That's an insult to the guy. He has more potential than Faheem, Imad and Sarfraz. Imad is a better hitter though.

    I would play Shan Masood as well and take advantage of his insane form.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Kohli and Kuldeep. They were the difference. Pak was also thrashed by Kohliless India in Asia cup. SA is better in all three facets and are playing at home.
    But you're taking out two players out of the equation. Even I can say Olivier was the difference.
    That is not an excuse that u can use.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,884
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    SA's batting in ODI's is not that great. The only difference this time is that Amla seems to have regained some form and De Kock who was completely toast against India, looks in good touch as well. So this will be a good series. The biggest thing for Pakistan is their ability to chase a 250+ total. I don't think they can do that against the SA bowling attack. Both teams have dodgy batting, so it will come to which team can outscore the other.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    2,103
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    People are seriously overrating the ODI squad of SA.
    They are way ahead of Pakistan in the tests but ODIs the gap isn't that much tbh.
    WHAT good team gets thrashed 5-1 by a sub continent team in their own backyard??
    WHAT was the reason they flopped?

    I predict 3-2 to either side.
    You might wanna look at the ranking.

  31. #31
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,274
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Shadab at 9? Are you serious? That's an insult to the guy. He has more potential than Faheem, Imad and Sarfraz. Imad is a better hitter though.

    I would play Shan Masood as well and take advantage of his insane form.
    It does not really matter. Batting positions should be flexible based on situations. Numbers are not set in stone.

    Imam ul-Haq currently averages 60+. Masood will have to wait until that average plumets.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,134
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    We have lost in Tests but that isn't our best format, we can still win ODI and T20I series.

    My Team for the First Match realistically:


    Fakhar Zaman
    Shan Masood
    Babar Azam
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Shoaib Malik
    Sarfraz Ahmed(C)(Wk)
    Shadab Khan
    Faheem Ashraf
    Mohammad Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Shaheen Afridi
    I think thats the most likely team. Hopefully we'll see Talat at some point in the series

    And no Imad in SA

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,720
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    But you're taking out two players out of the equation. Even I can say Olivier was the difference.
    That is not an excuse that u can use.
    What excuse? I said Kohli was a beast with 3 hundreds and Kuldeep was a magician on that tour. Saffers just didn't have a clue how to read him. Both scenarios are one off. Dhawan was a hit too. Overall India played like a No.1 and defeated them. They are not just any Asian side. They are the best Asian side.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    500
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    I think thats the most likely team. Hopefully we'll see Talat at some point in the series

    And no Imad in SA
    Imad should play ahead of faheem.. He is a better batsman than him

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    1,238
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering some of the mediocre players have to play, this would be a fighting 11.

    Imam
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Shan
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Faheem
    Hassan
    Shaheen

    If Pakistan has any sense, drop Imam for Talat and Hafeez for Amir. Play Shan as your opener and play Talat at 4.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,134
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    Imad should play ahead of faheem.. He is a better batsman than him
    I don't think thats likely. Faheem just took 6 wickets in the last test, and probably showed some promise with the bat too.

    Meanwhile they'll already have Shadab, Hafeez and Malik as spin options.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    500
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    I don't think thats likely. Faheem just took 6 wickets in the last test, and probably showed some promise with the bat too.

    Meanwhile they'll already have Shadab, Hafeez and Malik as spin options.
    Yeah you're right.. But Saffers record again spin is average. We had seen in champion trophy too. So
    I will back 3 spin option including hafeez and. 3 fast bowlers are enough.
    As bowler i will prefer faheem over hassan..

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,274
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    Yeah you're right.. But Saffers record again spin is average. We had seen in champion trophy too. So
    I will back 3 spin option including hafeez and. 3 fast bowlers are enough.
    As bowler i will prefer faheem over hassan..
    Also, India's spinners- Kuldeep and Chahal did very well here in ODIs same time last year.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Caracas
    Runs
    13,366
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need Mohammed Amir in the squad, he will be the most successful bowler in England

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    9,047
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    S Africa will hammer us in ODI and give us some 100+ runs defeat. S Africa can easily score between 350-400 depending on pitch where our batting varies from 225-300 (Depends on catches drop and some quick fluke innings).
    5-0 is on the card. Even 1 win will be satisfactory for us considering we were beaten by Bangladesh without 2 of their top batsmen (Tamim and Sakib) and awarded heavy defeat by Kohli less India in our backyard.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    410
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    We have lost in Tests but that isn't our best format, we can still win ODI and T20I series.

    My Team for the First Match realistically:


    Fakhar Zaman
    Shan Masood
    Babar Azam
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Shoaib Malik
    Sarfraz Ahmed(C)(Wk)
    Shadab Khan
    Faheem Ashraf
    Mohammad Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Shaheen Afridi
    One change,

    Fakhar Zaman
    Shan Masood
    Babar Azam
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Shoaib Malik
    Hussain Talat
    Sarfraz Ahmed(C)(Wk)
    Shadab Khan
    Mohammad Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Shaheen Afridi

  42. #42
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    29,695
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Since 2009, the average 1st innings score in Port Elizabeth has been 241. We'll probably need at least 270.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,662
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our management should look at the SA v India series last year and try to follow the same game plan to win this series. SA were absolutely dominated in the ODI series last year, losing 5-1.

    The games SA lost batting first:

    1st ODI - SA 269-8, India chased it easily
    2nd ODI - SA skittled out for 118, India won comfortably
    6th ODI - SA 204 all out, easy chase for India.


    Games SA lost chasing:

    3rd ODI - India 303-6, SA didn't even come close, 179 all out
    5th ODI - India 274-7, SA 201 all out. This game was at PE, where Saturday's match is.


    The one game SA won, was 4th ODI, and they won that chasing, helped by DL. So SA weren't just beaten but absolutely thrashed, games were very one sided. This proves SA are definitely beatable. I think if we bat first, our bowling line up is capable of defending anything over 270. As we all know, chasing is our biggger problem, so if we bowl first, we need to keep SA under 250.

    For first game, this should be the playing XI

    1) Fakhar Zaman - struggled in Tests but he's a key player in ODI's.
    2) Shan Masood - I'd start him over Imam, but I have a feeling Imam will play over Masood
    3) Babar Azam
    4) Mohammad Hafeez - his bowling is good for team balance
    5) Shoaib Malik - needs to start scoring in tougher conditions against better teams. In home series vs NZ he averaged 19.33 and in the away series he averaged a pathetic 12.25. Not good enough
    6) Sarfaraz Ahmed (C) (WK) - he's going to be captain at WC regardless but he needs to find some runs
    7) Shadab Khan
    8) Faheem Ashraf - Bowled well in the 3rd Test, and decent batsman too.
    9) Hasan Ali - hasn't been in too good form, needs to step up and if he can smash a few at the end with the bat too, that's a bonus.
    10) Usman Shinwari - he deserves to start based on BBL form but we all know Amir will play instead of him -_-
    11) Shaheen Afridi - excellent against NZ in ODI's

    Bowling obviously our strength, if all our bowlers perform to potential then for sure SA's batsmen will struggle but as always not much hopes from our batsmen! Come on Pakistan, do us proud!

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    16,373
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar Zaman should aim for a 60-70 ball hundred in this series. He is capable of doing it as long as he backs himself


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,977
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Since 2009, the average 1st innings score in Port Elizabeth has been 241. We'll probably need at least 270.
    Its curtains if 240 is scored against us. Can't chase anything over 200 with batsmen like Imam, Hafeez, Malik and Sarf in the top 6.



    Glad that the revolutionary selected so many spare batsmen in the squad to pick from


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Fakhar Zaman should aim for a 60-70 ball hundred in this series. He is capable of doing it as long as he backs himself
    He seem to lack a lot of confidence after since Asia Cup


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,725
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1. Babar
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Shan Masood
    4. Rizwan
    5. Talat
    6. Sarfraz
    7. Imad
    8. Shadab
    9. Amir
    10. Shaheen
    11. Hasan

    If Malik plays, he plays in front of Talat, but last chance for him this series, he's been unremarkable in 2018. No reason for Hafeez to play, give Rizwan a shot.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    16,373
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    He seem to lack a lot of confidence after since Asia Cup
    These tracks should suit him. Players like Afridi, Imran Nazir have done well when the ball comes on to the bat at pace. Fakhar needs to give hell for leather and put away the leg side rubbish he gets regularly


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,720
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    These tracks should suit him. Players like Afridi, Imran Nazir have done well when the ball comes on to the bat at pace. Fakhar needs to give hell for leather and put away the leg side rubbish he gets regularly
    He sure will be at ease in LOIs but 'these tracks should suit him' is a bit of an exaggeration after the test series.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,796
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    so, how many games would we have to lose with malik and hafeez before we bench one/both

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    16,373
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    He sure will be at ease in LOIs but 'these tracks should suit him' is a bit of an exaggeration after the test series.
    Test cricket is a completely different ball game. It’s a game for the bowlers whereas limited overs cricket these days is designed for batsmen to succeed. You will see a different Fakhar in ODIs for sure


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,796
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    South Africa could do us a big favor by bring Olivier in to their squad an killing of malik/hafeez careers.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    South Africa could do us a big favor by bring Olivier in to their squad an killing of malik/hafeez careers.
    I am sure Olivier won't make an impact in the ODIs.
    He got hit for 50 runs in his first ten overs against a mediocre Pakistan batting line-up.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,796
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    I am sure Olivier won't make an impact in the ODIs.
    He got hit for 50 runs in his first ten overs against a mediocre Pakistan batting line-up.
    Its not how many runs he goes for, its the wickets he takes. I would take a bowler in my team who gets hit for 50 runs as long as he gets two to three wickets. And lets have perspective he is bowling to malik and hafeez here.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but he took 0 wickets in those first 10 overs

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,977
    Mentioned
    1677 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Its not how many runs he goes for, its the wickets he takes. I would take a bowler in my team who gets hit for 50 runs as long as he gets two to three wickets. And lets have perspective he is bowling to malik and hafeez here.
    That is the logic that has allowed gully mohallah bowlers like Wahab to have 10 year long careers.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  57. #57
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,796
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    That is the logic that has allowed gully mohallah bowlers like Wahab to have 10 year long careers.
    but wahab is not bowling to pakistani batsmen, olivier is/

  58. #58
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    29,196
    Mentioned
    975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    1) Fakhar
    2) Imam
    3) Babar
    4) Talat/Hafeez
    5) Malik
    6) Rizwan
    7) Sarfaraz (c) (wk)
    8) Shadab
    9) Amir
    10) Hasan
    11) Shaheen

    Probably the best we can do at the moment, with Haris and Junaid injured.

    Lacking firepower in the lower-order but 270 should be a good total in this series, a target that this team is good enough to meet.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,796
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    1) Fakhar
    2) Imam
    3) Babar
    4) Talat/Hafeez
    5) Malik
    6) Rizwan
    7) Sarfaraz (c) (wk)
    8) Shadab
    9) Amir
    10) Hasan
    11) Shaheen

    Probably the best we can do at the moment, with Haris and Junaid injured.

    Lacking firepower in the lower-order but 270 should be a good total in this series, a target that this team is good enough to meet.
    I dont realistically see them excluding Shan. unless he looks awful in the nets. most likely in pace of Rizwan.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,632
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I dont realistically see them excluding Shan. unless he looks awful in the nets. most likely in pace of Rizwan.
    Realistically, they wouldn't even play M Hafeez as the 5th bowler on South African pitches, Faheem will play instead of Rizwan especially after his valuable performance as the fifth bowler.

    Shan Masood should play ahead of Imam.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,796
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Realistically, they wouldn't even play M Hafeez as the 5th bowler on South African pitches, Faheem will play instead of Rizwan especially after his valuable performance as the fifth bowler.

    Shan Masood should play ahead of Imam.
    Well yeah but that goes against the first guiding principle of Pakistan cricket: do no harm to the seniors regardless of worth

  62. #62
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,632
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Well yeah but that goes against the first guiding principle of Pakistan cricket: do no harm to the seniors regardless of worth
    What harm will it do to M Hafeez playing as a 6th bowler?

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,796
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    What harm will it do to M Hafeez playing as a 6th bowler?
    oh i assumed you meant drop him/

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,842
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    South Africa could do us a big favor by bring Olivier in to their squad an killing of malik/hafeez careers.
    They both aren't going anywhere and will play the WC-19. Getting rid of them ship has sailed, they will make sure they play as long as they want...

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    29,196
    Mentioned
    975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I dont realistically see them excluding Shan. unless he looks awful in the nets. most likely in pace of Rizwan.
    Hope he plays. However, they'll probably want to play him as an opener or #3 and only when the current openers fail.

    I would like him at #3 and Babar at #4. That would push Hafeez down to #6 or completely out of the side, which is a win-win.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    495
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    1) Fakhar
    2) Imam
    3) Babar
    4) Talat/Hafeez
    5) Malik
    6) Rizwan
    7) Sarfaraz (c) (wk)
    8) Shadab
    9) Amir
    10) Hasan
    11) Shaheen

    Probably the best we can do at the moment, with Haris and Junaid injured.

    Lacking firepower in the lower-order but 270 should be a good total in this series, a target that this team is good enough to meet.
    Hafeez as the 5th bowler?

  67. #67
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    29,196
    Mentioned
    975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    Hafeez as the 5th bowler?
    Hafeez/Talat and Malik. Ideally, we would have Haris.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    6,253
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Talat and Masood will not get a game until 3rd or 4th odi is what I think.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    6,253
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My team would be

    Fakhar
    Masood
    Babar
    Sarfraz
    Malik
    Hafeez
    Imad
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hasan
    Shaheen

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First match is on saturday ..isnt there suppose to be a practice match??


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •