User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

[PICTURES/VIDEO] Windies Women's tour of Pakistan and UAE (2019) - Discussion Thread

West Indies women to play three T20Is in Karachi

• “The decision of Cricket West Indies endorses our position that Pakistan is as safe and secure as any other country,” says PCB COO Subhan Ahmad

• “ESI have confirmed to both the CWI and WIPA that they are satisfied that the risk is manageable and can be mitigated to an acceptable level,” says CWI CEO Johnny Grave

• “This tour is a further major step for our friends at the Pakistan Cricket Board to bring their cricket back home,” adds Mr Grave

• “It is a great move for the revival of international cricket in the country,” says PCB GM Women’s Wing Ayesha Ashhar

• Karachi visit will be the West Indies women’s cricket team’s first tour in 15 years

Lahore, 24 January:

In a major step towards the revival of international cricket in the country, the Pakistan Cricket Board today confirmed that the Windies women’s cricket team will play three Twenty20 Internationals in Karachi in the build-up to the ICC Women’s Championship fourth round fixture.

The three T20Is will be played on 31 January, 1 and 3 February at the Southend Club, following which the two sides will go head to head in three ODIs in Dubai on 7, 9 and 11 February. The first ODI will be played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, while the second and third ODIs will be played at the ICC Academy.

As part of their series preparation, the 2016 ICC Women’s World T20 champions will arrive in Dubai on 26 January, before traveling to Karachi on 30 January. Meanwhile, the Pakistan women’s cricket team has already begun preparations for the series by attending a training camp presently in progress in Karachi.

The news of the West Indies women’s cricket team’s tour to Karachi comes at the back of the commitment from around world’s 35 leading men’s cricketers, including AB de Villiers, to participate in the HBL Pakistan Super League 2019 matches in Lahore and Karachi.

This will be the West Indies women’s first tour to Karachi in 15 years. In March/April 2004, the West Indies played a drawn Test in Pakistan and won a seven-ODI series 5-2.

“The visit of the West Indies women’s team to Karachi is great news not only for Pakistan cricket but for women’s cricket in general. We are thankful to Cricket West Indies and their players for trusting the PCB and agreeing to play three T20Is in Karachi,” PCB Chief Operating Officer Subhan Ahmad said.

“The decision of Cricket West Indies endorses our position that Pakistan is as safe and secure as any other country. On behalf of the PCB, I would like to say that we are confident that this tour will go a long way in the complete revival of international cricket in Pakistan.

“The PCB and the CWI have a very long history of collaboration and mutual respect, and this decision further illustrates strong relationship between the two boards. With the West Indies women’s cricket team’s agreement to partake in the three T20Is, the CWI has reiterated their support for a key member of the cricket fraternity in a time when we are working extremely hard to get international cricket back into our backyard.

“The West Indies women’s cricket team is one of the most formidable and admired sides in the world. By playing in Karachi, they will also contribute to the growth and popularity of women’s cricket in this part of the world. I am sure this series will inspire a number of young women cricketers to take up this great sport,” Subhan Ahmad added.

Commenting on the tour, Cricket West Indies Chief Executive Officer, Johnny Grave, said: “Following the successful hosting of the Windies’ men’s team in Pakistan in April 2018, we have confirmed to the PCB that our Windies women’s squad will now also play a three-match T20I series in Karachi.

“This tour is a further major step for our friends at the Pakistan Cricket Board to bring their cricket back home, and we are pleased that our players and support staff have recognized this and supported this venture.”

Mr Grave added: “The security plan arranged by the PCB is of exactly the same level that the Windies men’s team had last year and independent security advisors, Eastern Star International (ESI), have confirmed to both the CWI and WIPA that they are satisfied that the risk is manageable and can be mitigated to an acceptable level.

“We have made it very clear to the players and support staff that should any of them have any personal reservations about this tour, than we fully understand and accept their position.”

Ayesha Ashhar, PCB General Manager - Women’s Wing, said. “We are really excited and pleased that the West Indies team is coming to Pakistan it is a great move for the revival of international cricket in the country.

“We will make sure that the series is promoted in the best possible way and we look forward to some competitive cricket, we want to thank the PCB for their help and guidance, we hope to see a good turnout for the series in Karachi.”

Apart from winning the ICC Women’s World T20 2016 in Kolkata, the West Indies women’s cricket team also reached the semi-finals of the same event in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2018.

The West Indies are currently ranked fourth in the ICC T20I rankings, while Pakistan are ranked seventh. In the ODI table, the West Indies are sixth and Pakistan seventh.

After three rounds of the ICC Women’s Championship, the West Indies are sitting in fourth position on nine points with four wins and as many defeats, while Pakistan are sixth on eight points with four wins and five loses.

Series schedule:
    31 January – 1st T20I, Southend Club, Karachi. Start time 11h00 Pakistan time
    1 February – 2nd T20I, Southend Club, Karachi. Start time 11h00 Pakistan time
    3 February – 3rd T20I, Southend Club, Karachi. Star time 11h00 Pakistan time
    7 February – 1st ODI (ICC Women’s Championship), DIS. Start time 09h30 Dubai time
    9 February – 2nd ODI, (ICC Women’s Championship), ICC Academy. Start time 09h30 Dubai time
    11 February – 3rd ODI (ICC Women’s Championship), ICC Academy. Start time 09h30 Dubai time

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    CWI - Media release: WINDIES WOMEN START 2019 WITH T20I TOUR TO PAKISTAN

ST. JOHN’S, Antigua - As part of Cricket West Indies’’ continued support to bring international cricket back home to Pakistan, the WINDIES Women’s Team has agreed to play in three (3) T20I matches in Karachi, prior to the three match ICC Women’s Championship ODI matches in the UAE.

The three T20Is will be played on 31 January, 1 and 3 February at the Southend Club before the two sides will go head to head in three ODIs in Dubai on 7, 9 and 11 February. The first ODI will be played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium (DISC), while the second and third ODIs will be played at the ICC Academy.

As part of their series preparation, the WINDIES Women will arrive in Dubai on 26 January for a training and acclimatization camp, before traveling to Karachi on 30 January.

Commenting on the Tour, CWI Chief Executive Officer, Johnny Grave, said: “Following the successful hosting of the WINDIES Men’s team in Pakistan in April 2018, we have confirmed to the PCB that our WINDIES Women’s squad will now also play a three-match T20I series in Karachi too.”

“This Tour is a further major step for our friends at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to bring their cricket back home, and we are pleased that our players and support staff have recognised this and agreed to play the T20Is in Pakistan.”

Grave added: “The security plan arranged by the PCB is the exactly the same level that the WINDIES Men’s team had last year and Independent security advisors, Eastern Star International (ESI) have confirmed to both CWI and WIPA that they are satisfied that the risk is manageable and can be mitigated to an acceptable level.

“We made it very clear to the players and support staff that should any of them have any personal reservations about this Tour, that we fully understand and accept their position.”

Following the detailed security plan from the PCB and the independent security assessment from Eastern Star International (ESI), Stafanie Taylor has opted out of touring Pakistan and will join the team for the ICC Women’s Championship ODIs in Dubai. Merissa Aguilleira will take over as captain for the T20Is in Pakistan with Shakera Selman as vice-captain. Stafanie Taylor will resume as captain for the ODIs in Dubai.

Cricket West Indies Chairman of Selectors, Courtney Browne stated, ““After a decent and competitive ICC World T20, the WINDIES Women will be expected to build on that momentum going into the away tour against Pakistan. The team needs to improve its showing in ODI cricket especially and the panel is expecting to see marked improvements during the ODI series. The team has been based at our high-performance Centre in Antigua over the last year and we have seen improvements, as reflected in the World T20, particularly in their fielding. “

On squad selection, Browne added, “Coming into the squad for the first time is young opening batter Rashada Williams from Jamaica, who has impressed the selectors with her solid technique and her ability to play spin, along with off-spinner Karishma Ramharack, who has been rewarded for her consistency in regional cricket. The panel takes this opportunity to wish team all the very best for their first tour of 2019.”

The WINDIES Women are currently ranked fourth in the ICC Women’s T20I rankings, while Pakistan are ranked seventh. In the ODI rankings, the West Indies are sixth and Pakistan seventh.

After three rounds of the ICC Women’s Championship, the West Indies are sitting in fourth position on nine points with four wins and as many defeats, while Pakistan is sixth on eight points with four wins and five losses.

WINDIES Women Squad for Pakistan Tour 2019

Stafanie Taylor (ODIs only)
    Merissa Aguilleira
    Shemaine Campbelle
    Shamilia Connell
    Deandra Dottin
    Afy Fletcher
    Chinelle Henry
    Kycia Knight
    Natasha McClean
    Anisa Mohammed
    Chedean Nation
    Karishma Ramharack
    Shakera Selman
    Rashada Williams
    Karishma Ramharack is a replacement for Hayley Matthews who suffered medial knee ligament damage to her right knee during the WBBL in early December. Hayley still requires a further 3-4 weeks of therapy before she can resume playing.

Series schedule:

7 February – 1st ODI (ICC Women’s Championship), DISC. Start time 09h30 Dubai time

9 February – 2nd ODI, (ICC Women’s Championship), ICC Academy. Start time 09h30 Dubai time

11 February – 3rd ODI (ICC Women’s Championship), ICC Academy. Start time 09h30 Dubai time

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Interesting to note that their captain opted out due to security reasons.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan women’s team for West Indies T20Is and ODIs announced

Lahore, 25 January 2019:

The Pakistan women’s selection committee, headed by former men’s Test cricketer Jalaluddin, today announced the sides for the upcoming T20Is and ODIs against the West Indies. Karachi will host the three T20Is on 31 January, 1 and 3 February, while Dubai will be the venue of the three ODIs to be played on 7, 9 and 11 February.

Bismah Maroof has been appointed Pakistan captain for both the formats. The 27-year-old from Lahore has played 98 ODIs and 92 T20Is in which she has scored 2,329 runs and 1,724 runs, respectively. With her right-arm leg spinners, Bismah has claimed 41 ODI and 35 T20I wickets.

In the ICC women’s ODI rankings, Bismah is the 28th-ranked batter, 59th-ranked bowler and 25th-ranked all-rounder. In the T20I rankings, Bismah sits as the 18th-ranked batter, 69th-ranked bowler and 20th-ranked all-rounder.

Bismah had missed the series against Australia in Kuala Lumpur in the lead up to the ICC Women’s Championship due to an injury, and though she featured in the ICC Women’s World T20 in the Caribbean last year, the side was led by Javeria Khan.

“It’s always a privilege to be appointed captain of your country. But to be named captain in a home series against a tough side like the West Indies, that too when international cricket is making a steady return to Pakistan, is a huge honour,” said Bismah.

“We have a good side, a side that has matured and blossomed in the past few months. I am sure we will put up strong performances across both the formats.

“I want to thank the West Indies women’s cricket team for agreeing to visit Karachi. This visit will help them see and understand the passion for cricket in Pakistan. We have great friends in the West Indies women’s team, and this relationship and respect will only strengthen now,” Bismah added.

The women’s sides also include star cricketer Sana Mir. Sana is the number-one ranked ODI bowler in the world, while she is ranked 35th in T20Is.

Sana was also named in the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year 2018, while her delivery to Ireland’s Laura Delany in the ICC Women’s World T20 2018, was voted as the Play of the ICC Women’s World T20 2018

Sana Mir said: “This will be a very emotional series as not only will we be celebrating the West Indies’ women’s cricket team to Karachi, but also remembering Sharmeen Khan, one of the pioneers of women’s cricket in Pakistan, who sadly passed away late last month. The thoughts and prayers of the entire side are with the family and friends of Sharmeen Khan.

“The T20I series against a top country like the West Indies is an opportunity for the young women cricketers as well as the parents to bring their children and help them fall in love with this game. The quality of cricket will be good and I am confident all the spectators will have a good time.”

Other top T20I performers include Javeria Khan (14th-ranked batter), Nahida Khan (47th-ranked batter), Umaima Sohail (69th-ranked batter), Nida Dar (9th- ranked bowler), Nashra Sandhu (10th-ranked bowler) and Anam Amin (19th-ranked bowler).

The top-ODI performer are: Javeria Khan (24th-ranked batter), Nahida Khan (25th-ranked batter), Nashra Sandhu (37th-ranked bowler), Nida Dar (45th-ranked bowler), Diana Baig (58th-ranked bowler) and Anam Amin (63rd-ranked bowler).

The women’s selection committee included Jalaluddin (Chairperson), Asmavia Iqbal (member), Mark Coles (coach) and Bismah Maroof (captain).

Pakistan women’s team for T20Is (in alphabetical order):

1. Bismah Maroof (captain)

2. Aiman Anwar

3. Aliya Riaz

4. Anam Amin

5. Diana Baig

6. Irum Javed

7. Javeria Khan

8. Nashra Sandhu

9. Natalia Pervaiz

10. Nida Dar

11. Sana Mir

12. Sidra Amin

13. Sidra Nawaz (wicketkeeper)

14. Omaima Sohail

Mark Coles (coach)

Pakistan women’s team for ICC Women’s Championship ODIs (in alphabetical order):

1. Bismah Maroof (captain)

2. Aiman Anwar

3. Aliya Riaz

4. Diana Baig

5. Javeria Khan

6. Kainat Imtiaz

7. Nahida Khan

8. Nashra Sandhu

9. Nida Dar

10. Saba Nazir

11. Sana Mir

12. Sidra Amin

13. Sidra Nawaz (wicketkeeper)

14. Omaima Sohail

Mark Coles (coach)

Series schedule:

7 February – 1st ODI (ICC Women’s Championship), DIS. Start time 09h30 Dubai time

Last edited by MenInG; 25th January 2019 at 18:56.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Windies Women's team has arrived in Karachi for the T20Is series

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG-20190130-WA0012.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  60.1 KBName:  IMG-20190130-WA0009.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  96.2 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-01-30 at 09.29.10.jpg
Views: 1793
Size:  56.0 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-01-30 at 09.33.28.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  34.3 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    The Windies are in Pakistan for three Women's Twenty20 Internationals starting 31 January, marking the first visit by their team to the country in 15 years.

Excitement is high in the squad led by stand-in captain Merissa Aguilleira, with the players keen to do their bit to bring cricket back to Pakistan.

"I'm pleased we can bring back cricket to Pakistan," the experienced Aguilleira said. "Because it's really important. If we find ourselves in this position, I believe one of the teams would step up and try to help us."

The team have been in Dubai, practising for the conditions they can expect in Karachi, and will have a quick turnaround after they land in the city before the first match on Thursday. But the foreign conditions is not something they are spending much time being concerned about.

"We have a motto, two words our coach has given us: adapt and overcome. That is what we are trying to do," said the captain. "It is really difficult adapting in such quick time, but we are professional cricketers and we are willing and raring to go. We are excited for this tour."

The series takes on added significance with the announcement on Tuesday that Pakistan and the Windies are drawn in the same half of the tournament for the ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2020 in Australia. There is still a year to go for the event, but Windies, champions in 2016 and semi-finalists in the 2018 edition at home, see the games as an opportunity to get to know a fierce competitor.

Urging her team to stay focussed, Aguilleira said, "It's important to take [all] information we can away from Pakistan because they're a growing team and developing very well."

The opening game will be followed by matches on 1 and 3 February.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/986270

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Trophy Unveiling at Sea View Beach, Karachi of the Pakistan Women versus Windies Women series

Name:  IMG_20190130_143403_559.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  383.0 KBName:  IMG-20190130-WA0017.jpg
Views: 3192
Size:  411.5 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan women to feature in their 100th T20I on Thursday

· West Indies women’s team is ranked fourth in ICC rankings; visitors lead 6-1 on a head to head

· Series to be broadcast live by GEO Super; live-scoring will be available athttps://www.pcb.com.pk/

Karachi, 30 January 2019:

Pakistan women’s cricket team will complete a century of T20Is on Thursday when they will take the field against the West Indies women’s cricket team at the Southend Club in Karachi. The first match of the three-game series will start at 11h00 and will be broadcast live by GEO Super.

In 99 T20Is to date, Pakistan have won 40 and lost 56. In contrast, the West Indies have featured in 112 T20Is, winning 65 and losing 41. In a head to head, the West Indies lead Pakistan 6-1 in nine T20Is.

Interestingly, when Pakistan won their only T20I in Guyana in September 2011, Bismah Maroof (43 not out) and Javeria Khan (37) had put on 83 runs for the fifth wicket as Pakistan had achieved the 116-run target with 15 balls to spare.

The two players, along with Sana Mir and Nida Dar, who were also part of the side eight years ago, are expected to take the field on Thursday.

“I feel honoured and privileged to captain Pakistan in their 100th T20I. And to captain in a home series, is even more pleasing,” remarked Bismah. “I want to congratulate all the women cricketers who have been part of this journey and also thank the PCB for their support in helping us cherish our dreams of wearing the crest and star on our shirts.

“We are making a steady progress in international cricket. The more we will play against fancied and strong sides like the West Indies, the better we will get. We have good talent in the ranks, and all we lack is regular international experience and exposure. Series like these will only help us narrow the gap with the front-running sides.”

Thursday’s encounter between the two sides will be their first meeting in Pakistan since 2004 when they played a Test and seven One-Day Internationals in Karachi. The Test was drawn, while the West Indies won the ODI series 5-2.

The West Indies, who won the ICC Women’s World T20 2016 in Kolkata, are ranked fourth in the ICC rankings, while Pakistan is 38 points behind in seventh position. This means the visitors will start off as favourites, but wins for the home girls will help them narrow the gap with the more experienced opponents.

Previewing the series, West Indies women’s captain Merissa Aguilleira said: “It is fantastic to be here in Pakistan for the T20I series. We are looking forward to a hugely competitive series against Pakistan and we are very happy to contribute in the revival of international cricket in Pakistan.

“We are going to try our best to entertain the fans and enjoy to the fullest the hospitality in Karachi, I am sure it is going to be a great series.”

Deandra Dottin, the 27-year from Barbados who has played in 107 T20Is, will start as the highest-ranked batter from either side in fifth position. Dottin has hit nine half-centuries and two centuries in 105 innings in which she has scored 2,210 runs.

Javeria is Pakistan’s highest-ranked batter in 14th position. The 30-year-old veteran of 85 matches has scored 1,487 runs with five half-centuries and has also taken 11 wickets.

Other high ranking batters to feature in the series are Bismah Maroof (18th), Sana Mir (43rd), Kycia Knight (53rd), Shemaine Campbelle (61st) and Merissa Aguilleira (62nd).

In the bowling chart, Nida Dar and Nashra Sandhu sit in ninth and 10th positions, respectively. Other top ranked bowlers are Anam Amin (19th), Shamilia Connell (23rd), Deandra Dottin (31st), Anisa Mohammed (33rd) and Sana Mir (35th).

Following the T20Is series, the two sides will travel to Dubai where they will lock horns in the fourth round of the ICC Women’s Championship. The three ODIs, which will be part of the fourth round, will be played on 7, 9 and 11 February. The first ODI will be played at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, while the second and third ODIs will be played at the ICC Academy.

Squads:

Pakistan women’s cricket team - Bismah Maroof (captain), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Diana Baig, Irum Javed, Javeria Khan, Nashra Sandhu, Natalia Pervaiz, Nida Dar, Sana Mir, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (wicketkeeper) and Omaima Sohail.

West Indies women’s cricket team - Merissa Aguilleira (T20I capt), Shemaine Campbelle, Shamilia Connell, Deandra Dottin, Afy Fletcher, Chinelle Henry, Kycia Knight, Natasha McClean, Anisa Mohammed, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman and Rashada Williams.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Windies Women have reached 36/1 (5.0 Ovs) CRR: 7.2 after they won the toss and opted to bat first in the 1st T20I of the 3-match series against Pakistan Women in Karachi;

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-01-31 at 08.36.36.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  22.4 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2019-01-31 at 08.36.42.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  23.5 KB

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan lost the first match comprehensively.

Not that i expected anything better as our women's cricket team is dismal but come on it's your homeground,show some fight atleast.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-01-31 at 10.35.21.jpg
Views: 2035
Size:  51.0 KB

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WINDIES WOMEN NOTCH WINNING RETURN TO CRICKET IN PAKISTAN

ST. JOHN’S, Antigua- Fifteen (15) years after their last visit to Pakistan, the WINDIES Women returned with a convincing 71-run victory over Pakistan Women in the 1st T20 International in Karachi. Winning the toss and electing to bat first, the Windies women recovered from 59 for 2 to post a demanding total of 160 for the same 2. Thanks to a destructive 109-run partnership between Deandra Dottin and Chedean Nation, who scored 90*(60) and 50*(35) respectively.

The visiting team got off to a flyer before they lost opener Kycia Knight midway through the 4th over with the score on 34. In the next 5 overs, Pakistan slowed the scoring rate only giving up 17 runs and taking the wicket of Shemaine Campbelle via the run-out route. However, Nation then joined Dottin and the two put on an unbeaten partnership of 109 runs off a little more than 11 overs. The two were especially ruthless in the last five overs scoring a quick-fire 62 runs with Nation smashing two huge sixes much to the delight of her teammates.

Dottin indicated she didn’t open the innings with the intentions of going hard from early on. However, the pitch set the deliveries right in “sweet zone” and she punished the Pakistan bowlers, smashing the ball around the Southend club. Pakistan captain Bismah Maroof rotated her bowlers to try and curb the WINDIES free-scoring, but they all felt the wrath from the WINDIES Women’s bats.

The biggest surprise unleashed by the WINDIES Women came via Chedean Nation. The veteran batter took a few deliveries to settle in, but then unfurled 4-fours and 2 mammoth sixes on her way to a maiden T20I half-century. When Dottin’s scoring slowed, Nation took the charge in taking the WINDIES score well past the par-score on the ground. She matched Dottin’s pace between the wickets, as they pair picked up the singles and doubles when boundaries were hard to come by.

Maroof brought herself on with the hope of breaking the partnership, but she was punished with 10 runs from her only over. Nashra Sandhu was the only Pakistan bowler to take a wicket when she had Knight caught for 8. Campbelle was runout for 4. The WINDIES Women finished their innings on 160/2, Dottin on 90 not out and Nation on 50 not out. Sandhu finished with figures of 1/23.

Pakistan innings never got the foundation nor stability they needed to go after the 161-run target. Only captain Bismah Maroof and Javeria Khan reached double figures. Shamilia Connell opened with a spell of beautiful seam-bowling, which had both openers Sidra Ameen and Javeria Khan caught behind by Merissa Aguilleira for 2 and 19 respectively. Kycia Knight took a brilliant catch, covering a few yards to her left to dismiss Umaima Sohail, handing Connell her third wicket. Then Shakera Selman stunned Nida Dar with a lightning fast return to run her out for 2.

Anisa Mohammed playing in her 100th T20 International, showed just why she’s the leading wicket-take (male or female) in T20 International T20 cricket. She used the grip of the surface along with leg-spinner Afy Fletcher to peg back the Pakistan batters. Mohammed’s 4-overs and Fletcher’s 4-overs totaled 32 runs for 3 wickets. Deandra Dottin added a wicket to her 90 not out with that of Sidra Nawaz for 0.

Shakera Selman who bowled her first 2 overs for 5 runs, returned to bowl the 18th over and was rewarded for her accuracy and consistency. She removed Pakistan captain Bismah Maroof caught and bowled for a valiant 38, then took the last Pakistan wicket of Aiman Anwer LBW for 4. Pakistan 89 all out in 18 overs.

Deandra Dottin was Player of the Match.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful to see that, another small step towards normality.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PakW v AusW 0 - 12
    PakW v EngW 0 - 8
    PakW v IndW 0 - 10
    PakW v NzW 1 - 12
    PakW v SaW 3 - 14

Stats in ODI’s.

PCB has failed women’s cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some of the WI women batters specially Dottin has more fire power than any of our current ODI and T20 batsmen.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Our players are extremely unfit, bowlers either giving balls to leg sides otherwise full toss. Some of our bowlers' actions also look illegal, batters cannot even clear the boundaries of poor balls. Waste of time to invest money in our women cricket. They are not make for it. Very very low standards.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Good work by Pak Women - its a tie atm - looks like a superover coming

PAKW 132/4 (20.0 Ovs)
    WIW 132/6 (20.0 Ovs) CRR: 6.6

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    A well fought 2nd ODI between Pakistan Women and Windies Women ends in a win for the visitors after a super-over was needed to resolve a tie; PAKW 132/4 (20.0 Ovs), WIW 132/6 (20.0 Ovs) Match tied

Result: Match tied (Windies Women won the super over by 17-runs)

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-01 at 11.29.09 (1).jpg
Views: 4309
Size:  52.1 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 1st February 2019 at 15:10.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    West Indies women beat Pakistan women in Super Over

· Third tied T20I between two sides in eight matches

Karachi, 1 February 2019:
    The West Indies women took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match T20I series when they defeated Pakistan women in the Super Over at the Southend Club on Friday in front of GEO Super cameras.

This was the third tied match between the two sides in eight encounters with the West Indies keeping their unblemished record intact.

The West Indies, batting first in the Super Over, scored 18 runs that included Deandra Dottin’s two sixes and a four. In turn, Pakistan lost both their wickets in the first three balls with one run on the board.

Earlier, the West Indies, chasing 133 for victory, scored two off the last ball to force a tie. This came after the visitors had reached 117 for four in 18 overs and needed 16 off the last 12 deliveries.

Aiman Anwar conceded three runs in the penultimate over, but Nashra Sandhu gave away nine runs off the first three balls of the final over before pulling things back for Pakistan.

Earlier, electing to bat first after winning the toss, Pakistan reached 132 for four in 20 overs – thanks to a 13-ball 23 not out by Aliya Riaz. Aliya hit three fours and dominated the unfinished 42-run fifth wicket stand with Nida Dar, who finished with 25 from 24 balls with a four and a six

Pakistan added 47 runs in the last five overs, after they were 84 for three at the end of the 15-over mark.

Captain Bismah Maroof finished as the top scorer with 31 from 34 balls, while opener Javeria Khan scored 26. The two batters added 59 runs for the second wicket after Omaima Sohail (two) had departed in the opening over of the match.

At the post match press conference Javeria said that the match was in her team’s grip and should not have gone to the Super Over, “We should have won the match before the Super Over, overall I feel we had a very good game, Dottin took the game away from us at the end, she is a highly skilled batter and we hopefully will emulate her batting prowess soon since we are practicing hard on improving our skills.”

Shakera Selman the Windies fast bowler was happy with the series win for her team, “It was a very good game we showed our fighting spirit and won after a closely fought match. We want to continue to improve and our aim is a clean sweep series win and we will try and put our best game on display in the last match of the series.”

Scores in brief

Pakistan women vs West Indies women match tied (West Indies won in the Super Over)

Pakistan women 132-4, 20 overs (Bismah Maroof 31, Javeria Khan 26, Nida Dar 25 not out, Aliya Riaz 23 not out; Deandra Dottin 2-26)

West Indies women 132-6, 20 overs (Shemaine Campbelle 41, Kycia Knight 32, Deandra Dottin 22; Anam Amin 2-24)

Third T20I on Sunday, 3 February. Match starts 11h00.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see we got it to a tie. Windies are one of the strongest out there.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Good to see we got it to a tie. Windies are one of the strongest out there.
    A commendable improvement in performance after the blowout loss in the first game.

I hope cricket returns to Pakistan and peace reigns all over the subcontinent.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    KARACHI, Pakistan- WINDIES Women sealed the T20 series victory over Pakistan Women in spectacular fashion when they won 2nd T20 International via a super over by 17 runs. They took a 2-0 lead in the 3-match series with the last match to play on Sunday February 3rd at the Southend Club in Karachi.

Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first on a different pitch from the first match. Their innings had no better start than the first game as Omaima Sohail was caught off Selman for a 4-ball duck (0). In came their skipper Bismah Maroof who continued her fighting form. Together with Javeria Khan the pair looked set to build a solid innings for the home team to level the series.

Javeria and Bismah in a 59-run partnership frustrated the WINDIES bowlers, who were wayward with their line and length. Shamilia Connell in particular had a difficult opening spell trying to find her line and length on the pitch, she had 3 wides in her third over. With the pacers leaking runs, skipper Merissa Aguilleira introduced the spinners into the attack. Anisa Mohammed halted the run-flow in her first two overs, while Afy Fletcher’s leg-spin had Bismah Maroof stumped by Aguilleira.

Deandra Dottin justified her number 2 ranking in the ICC all-rounders list, when she partnered with Chedean Nation once again, this time with the ball. Dottin got Javeria to miscue a shot straight to Nation for 26. The WINDIES had a middle order scare when Nia Dar was joined by Iram Javed. The pair took advantage of the WINDIES players who were feeling the effects of a chilly wind blowing across the ground from the start of the match.

Dar struck 1-four and 1-six on her way to 25, while Iram struck 2-fours, as the pair added 27 runs together, challenging the WINDIES fielders for quick runs. Dottin switched bowling ends which resulted in the wicket of Iram for 18. Dar continued with Aliya Riaz as the pair saw Pakistan to the end of their innings. Pakistan posted 132/4 (20overs). Deandra Dottin was the best WINDIES Women’s bowler, taking 2/26.

Deandra Dottin and Kycia Knight opened the run-chase for the WINDIES Women, with Dottin picking up right where she left off from the first match. She smashed Sana Mir for two boundaries in the opening over to keep the run-rate at the required amount. Shemaine Campbelle despite starting slow, picked up the scoring pace later in her innings.

Knight took charge of the run-chase and together with Campbelle the pair looked set, running quick between the wickets in a 54-run partnership. Knight smacked 2-fours and six on her way to 32 but going for a second run was runout just short of her ground. Chedean Nation joined Campbelle blitzing her way to 13 off 7 balls which included a monster six straight back to the dugout. Nation fell LBW to Anam Amin going for a sweep shot and Natasha McLean only managed 1. Merissa Aguilleira joined Campbelle, just when Campbelle started the charge smashing 4-fours and 1-six, Aiman Anwar had her caught in the cover region by Sana Mir.

The WINDIES Women lost wickets at crucial moments. Campbelle fell for 41 in the 19th over with 16 runs needed for victory. Aguilleira pushed on with Chinelle Henry running as many double runs as they could get to get to the target. Unfortunately, Aguilleira chipping down the wicket missed connection with the ball and was stumped by her opposite number for 6, with 4 runs to win from the remaining 2 deliveries.

Afy Fletcher showed her determination to take the team to victory as she took a single to get Henry back on strike. Henry then dug one of the “blockhole” to scramble home 2 runs and tie the match much to the dismay of the Pakistan players and supporters. WINDIES Women finished their 20 overs on 132/6, Campbelle top-scored with 41 followed by Knight with 32. Anam Amin was the pick of the Pakistan bowlers, taking 2/24.

It was a no-brainer that Deandra Dottin and in-form Chedean Nation would take strike for the WINDIES Women in the super-over. Dottin showed why she’s one of the most feared batters in the women’s game. Nation could only look on and cheer on from the other end as Dottin dismantled Sana Mir’s bowling. Dottin struck 1-four, 2-sixes, one of which flew straight past the stand behind the bowler, then the pair picked up 2 runs to close the over.

Needing 19 runs for victory and leveling the series, Aliya Riaz went after Shakera Selman’s very first ball, but Selman’s experience and accuracy saw Aliya’s stumps scatter. Much to the surprise of everyone, Iram Javed came to the crease ahead of captain Bismah Maroof. She knocked a single, then on the third delivery, Nida Dar trying her batting heroics from the first innings swung at Selman, only for Dottin to take a running catch thereby giving the WINDIES Women victory by 17 runs in the super-over.

CWI Media Release

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD - West Indian women cricket team assistant coach and former West Indian great batsman Gus Logie has urged the international cricket community to send their teams to Pakistan, which is a safe and peaceful country.

Talking to The Nation from Karachi, where he is with the West Indian women team to play series with Pakistan women, Logie said: “Pakistan is a safe, peaceful and sports-loving country. I am hopeful that international teams, including West Indies men’s side, will visit Pakistan soon to enjoy warm hospitality of Pakistani people.”

The West Indian legend said that it is always been a great pleasure to come and play in Pakistan. “I had some fond memories of Karachi, when I came as player with West Indies team. Waqar Younus really jolted all of us and showed what fast bowling and express pace is all about. He forced us to remain bended with his toe-crushing Yorkers. Pakistani crowd is always very supportive, no matter men or women teams are playing in this part of the world. Although there are not massive crowds this time around, yet young ladies and families have come in quite numbers.”

Replying to a query regarding sharing his experience this time around and message for international teams, Logie said: “We always had great support from Pakistani people. The great rivalry and mutual respect was always there. We always receive warm welcome and I want to wish Prime Minister Imran Khan all the best. It is indeed a great honour for all the cricketers of the world that a true champion has been elected as Prime Minister of Pakistan.”

He said: “I always admired Imran Khan as a true sportsman. The greatest moment of my life was seeing Imran Khan lift the 1992 World Cup trophy in Australia. He brought some very talented players like Wasim Akram, Inzamam, Moin Khan, Miandad and other seniors. Like others, we were also expecting Pakistan to be hot-favourite for 1992 World Cup and Imran did it for the highly passionate fans of Pakistan.”

He said he would love to meet with Imran Khan and celebrate his biggest achievement so far. “I know he is very busy man and he has to look after many areas, but I hope in near future, we may be able to meet Imran and we can relive our long memories.

“As a cricketer, I really feel proud that one of our fellow cricketer, Imran Khan, has achieved so much in the cricketing fields and now he is chosen by the people of Pakistan to lead them and take them to new heights. We pray for Imran Khan to deliver for the masses of this country, just like he did in cricket,” Logie concluded.

https://nation.com.pk/02-Feb-2019/lo...rn-to-pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Sarfaraz Ahmed speaking to Pak women before start of the 3rd T20I

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Women have won the toss and opted to bat first in the 3rd and final T20I against Windies Women being played in Karachi

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Women win the 3rd and final T20I of the series against Windies Women by 12 runs; 53 by Nida Dar and 3/35 by Anam Amin the highlights of the game for Pakistan; The series ends with a 2-1 victory for the visitors;

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-03 at 11.57.44.jpg
Views: 6140
Size:  40.6 KB

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good win for Pakistan, makes the scoreline more respectable, losing the 3 match T20I series played in Karachi by a margin of 2-1!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    A pre-match pep talk by Sarfaraz Ahmed did the trick for Pakistan who defeated the West Indies by 12 runs in the third and final women’s T20I at the Southend Club on Sunday. The West Indies won the series by 2-1 and both the sides will now travel to Dubai where they will play three ODIs on 7, 9 and 11 February.

This was Pakistan’s second victory over the ICC Women’s World T20 2016 champions in 12 matches. Pakistan’s only other win had come in Guyana in September 2011. Three T20I between the two sides have gone into Super Overs, with the West Indies emerging comfortable winners each time.

Befittingly, the victory came on the day when Sana Mir became the sixth player overall and first Asian to complete a century of T20Is. The list is headed by Deandra Dottin of the West Indies, who has played 110 matches. She is followed by Suzie Bates of New Zealand (108), England’s Jenny Gunn (104), and Anisa Mohammed of the West Indies and Ellyse Perry of Australia (both 102).

Sana celebrated the day when she picked up the wickets of Shemaine Campbelle (nine) and Chinelle Henry (12) to finish with figures of two for 21 from four overs as the West Indies, chasing 151 to sweep the series, finished at 138 for eight. With 84 wickets, Sana sits fourth in the list of most successful bowlers in T20Is.

Deadra Dottin, who had steered the West Indies to victory in the Super Over on Friday by scoring 18 runs, once again finished as the top-scorer with 46. Her 29-ball innings was studded with three fours and four sixes.

Natasha McLean (26) and Chedean Nation (19) were the other notable scorers, while Anam Amin finished with three for 34. Pakistan wicketkeeper Sidra Nawaz also had a good day when she stumped three batters.

Earlier, electing to bat first, Pakistan posted 150 for six – their highest total of the series and second highest overall – with Nida Dar hitting her second half-century in 91st match. The 32-year-old from Gujranwala hit five fours and two sixes in a 40-ball 53 and added 67 runs for the fifth wicket with Aliya Riaz, who finished with a 23-ball 24 with one four and a six.

Upfront, Omaima Sohail (28, 24b, 2x4, 1x6), Javeria Khan (10, 8b, 2x4) and captain Bismah Maroof (19, 16b, 2x4) showed urgency with the bat and provided Nida and Aliya a platform from where they could flex their muscles as Pakistan added 47 runs in the last five overs, including 23 runs off the final 12 deliveries.

The performance in the T20I will also provide great relief to coach Mark Coles, who has been working extremely hard since taking over last year. The three matches have shown the improvement Pakistan women’s team have made as there was mark improvement in all departments of the game.

Merissa Aguilleira, Windies Women Team captain, speaking at the post-match press conference said, “Pakistan has been knocking on the door for a quite a while now, with every game they have showed they are really performing and improving, Pakistan team fielded really well in the match. The ODI series will begin in the UAE in few days’ time and our captain will be back, we know the momentum will be with Pakistan side going into the ODI series. It was a pleasing experience to come to Pakistan, and would encourage other teams to come to Pakistan.”

Sana Mir, who featured for 100th T20I match in Pakistan colors said, “See, cricket is a tough game, and the T20I format is hard especially for an off-spinner. It’s a proud matter for me to play in 100th T20I for my country; I will continue to play till I am enjoying my game. It was a great team effort from each and every individual to come back after losing the first match with a big margin. We will dedicate today’s victory to fans that despite poor performance from us keep supporting us, There is still a room for improvement in various departments of the game.”

Nida Dar, Player of the Match in today’s match and overall Player of the Series said, “There is a unity in our team despite winning and losing and that reflects in our game during the T20I series, In my today’s innings, I have kept my role given to me and execute it perfectly. I am looking forward to feature in international leagues if no Pakistan international match is played during the time.”

Scores in brief:

Pakistan women beat West Indies by 12 runs, West Indies women won the series 2-1

Pakistan women 150-6, 20 overs (Nida Dar 53, Omaima Sohail 28, Aliya Riaz 24 not out; Karishma Ramharack 2-20)

West Indies women 138-8, 20 overs (Deandra Dottin 46, Natasha McLean 26; Anam Amin 3-34, Sana Mir 2-21)

Media Department
    Last edited by MenInG; 3rd February 2019 at 17:23.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Some of the WI women batters specially Dottin has more fire power than any of our current ODI and T20 batsmen.
    She can make our mens team no questions asked. Girls got serious power.

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Good win for Pakistan, makes the scoreline more respectable, losing the 3 match T20I series played in Karachi by a margin of 2-1!
    It's been a very serious performance when you consider that Windies are a seriously good T20 team and the second match was actually a tie and decided by super over.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    It's been a very serious performance when you consider that Windies are a seriously good T20 team and the second match was actually a tie and decided by super over.
    Yeah, WI Women are a powerful team, they have won the World T20 so are a champion team, although they couldn't defend their title

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well done to win the final game.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope many more such matches in Pakistan to come.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: The captain of women’s cricket team of West Indies, Merissa Aguilleira, has said Pakistan is a safe country for international matches.

She was speaking at a dinner arranged by Dr Syed Kaleem Imam, the inspector general of Sindh police, at the Central Police Office on Saturday event for members of the women’s cricket teams of West Indies and Pakistan.

Aguilleira observed that Pakistanis were peaceful people and it was her team’s “earnest desire to come again to Pakistan”.

“We enjoyed playing cricket in Pakistan, no matter who wins.”

“Not only we but the cricket professionals are also happy to see that the people of Pakistan love cricket and respect the players,” she said.

Captain of the Pakistan team Bisma Maroof thanked the Sindh police for hosting the dinner in honour of the two teams and expressed the hope that international cricket matches would return to Pakistan.

On the occasion, Dr Imam said the conclusion of West Indian team’s visit to Pakistan without mishap showed the country was safe for foreign players. He dubbed the visiting players “envoys of peace”.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1461694/pa...ricket-captain

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan host the Windies in Dubai and South Africa play at home against Sri Lanka in what could be crucial series of the ICC Women’s Championship, which decides the direct qualifiers for the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup in New Zealand in 2021.

The coming month will, in fact, see focus on the championship like never before with two more series featuring teams in the upper tiers of the points table - Australia host New Zealand and India host England in series starting on 22 February. These teams are the frontrunners to make the cut since New Zealand and four other top teams get direct entries to the premier event two years from now, but would be following the upcoming matches keenly.

Pakistan and the Windies play the opening match of their three-ODI series at the Dubai International Stadium with the remaining two scheduled to be played at the ICC Academy in the same vicinity, knowing that each match could count towards qualification. Just one point separates the two teams after nine matches each, with the Windies in fifth position with nine points and Pakistan next on the table with eight.

Pakistan captain Bismah Maroof sees an opportunity in the series while Windies captain Stafanie Taylor, the second ranked all-rounder in the MRF Tyres ICC Women’s ODI Player Rankings, wants her side to be as formidable in ODIs as they are in T20Is.

Pakistan captain Bismah Maroof: “This championship is vital, as it determines and affects our future settings and qualification in the World Cup. So, hopefully this series will better our position on the points table. I don't think we have an edge over them with respect to venue. We have played in Sharjah, not in Dubai. The field conditions vary quite a lot. So playing in Dubai in new conditions will be a challenge as well.

“If we manage to put enough runs on the board, good pressure can be put with our bowling as it had been quite effective in curtailing them in previous matches. Both formats are quite different but from the T20s we got a lot of encouragement psychologically because we could have won the series had we not stretched one game to the Super Over. So, that scenario elevated our morale and will be really helpful in the ODIs.”

Windies captain Stafanie Taylor: “We are taking these games very seriously, not underestimating Pakistan. We definitely need some points under our belt, just need to go out and play our game. I have not played much here, maybe one game, so I don’t know what to expect. But being close (in proximity) to Pakistan, the pitch might be a bit slow and it is for us to go in there and look to see what is happening and then move on from there.

“We are an all-round team, so I think all areas are pretty good. The fact that we won the T20I series is a boost coming into this series. They have match winners – five or so who can win games. Nida Dar, Sana Mir, captain Bismah Maroof and Javeria Khan can all win games. We have strong and talented players who could win the game for us. We are very good in T20Is but also need to improve our ODI cricket.”

Like Pakistan and the Windies, the series in South Africa will also see two teams who are next to each other on the points table, but the hosts are way ahead at seven points while Sri Lanka only have two points.

South Africa captain Dane van Niekerk is hoping to gain from home conditions as she aims to beat teams from the sub-continent while Sri Lanka captain Chamari Athapaththu is hoping her young team will do well enough to stay in contention.

South Africa captain Dane van Niekerk: “Any points would be amazing for us as a team. At the end of the day, we have to accumulate as many points as we can. We feel very confident in our backyard against a team like Sri Lanka. We hope we can get some advantage, make our lives a bit easier. The team is on a good roll in T20Is and we can continue the momentum in ODIs and get those points.

“We need to beat the teams from the sub-continent to make up for the points we did not lose last time. I reckon our bowling will be our strength with our conditions and the pitches that we will play on. Hopefully, our openers will get enough purchase on the wickets and though we are a young team in the T20I format, they should not underestimate us in the ODI format.”

Sri Lanka captain Chamari Athapaththu: “We have gained some valuable practice in the T20I series and hope to put that preparation to good use in the ICC Women’s Championship series against South Africa. They have match-winners like Dane van Niekerk and Sune Luus in their squad but it is time we come up with some good performances to remain in contention in the championship.

“I look forward to the series knowing we will have a lot to learn while getting a chance to show our worth. Our side has several players who are new to the international scene and we hope they will also gain valuable lessons out of this tour, which will be good for our cricket going forward.’’

Meanwhile, India’s 2-1 win over New Zealand in a recent away series has bolstered chances for the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2017 finalists and captain Mithali Raj is very keen to avoid playing in the Qualifiers like they had to last time.

New Zealand remain ahead of India in second place, but captain Amy Satterthwaite feels the points table may not be an accurate reflection because a lot of matches are still to be played. New Zealand and India have played 12 matches each while the other teams have played nine each so far.

New Zealand captain Amy Satterthwaite: “Obviously we want to win every game we play and we want to win every series, but it is also a good opportunity to learn what areas we need to continue to develop. We have our first real winter at home in 3-4 years coming up which gives us a great opportunity to develop our skill sets, so playing a quality side like India helps highlight those areas both individually and as a team.

“The points table is a hard one to read into much because some teams haven’t played as many games as us. Sitting in second is a great place to be, but as other teams play more games, that may change. We have to keep focusing on what we can control and looking to win more games moving forward. If we do that, then our place on the table will take care of itself.”

India captain Mithali Raj: “Coming to New Zealand, we did not have too many players who had the experience of the conditions with only Jhulan (Goswami) and me having toured here before. So winning two games here has given us a lot of confidence.

“In the first game, our spinners dominated and the opening pair gave a great start. In the second game, the spinners continued the momentum and though we had a collapse, the partnership between Smriti and me helped. Losing the third game, we have come down to number three in the rankings table but I am happy that India are in the top four. The last time we played the Qualifiers, but this time we want to have direct qualification for 2021. With series against England and the Windies coming up, we will definitely look to get maximum points.”

Upcoming fixtures

Pakistan v Windies (all matches in Dubai): 7, 9 and 11 February

South Africa v Sri Lanka (all matches in Potchefstroom): 11, 14 and 17 February

Other upcoming ICC Women’s Championship series:

· Australia v New Zealand (Australia), 22-February-3 March

· India v England (India), 22-28 February

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bismah Maroof injury update

Dubai, 6 February 2019:

Pakistan captain Bismah Maroof has received an all-clear from the specialists after undergoing scans following a freak fielding incident during a practice session on Wednesday evening.

Bismah was hit on the jaw by the ball while trying to take a high catch and was immediately taken to a local hospital for precautionary tests, which were found to be all clear.

Decision on her availability for the opening ODI against the Windies will be made on Thursday morning.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan and Windies eye ICC Women’s Championship points

· Three-match ODI series begins at Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Thursday

· West Indies are fifth and Pakistan sixth after three rounds

Dubai, 6 February 2019:

After a thrilling T20I series in Karachi, Pakistan and the Windies lock horns in the ICC Women’s Championship fourth round fixture comprising three One-Day Internationals at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Thursday, 7 February.

The two teams will be aiming to win the series and collect valuable ICC Women’s Championship points, as after three rounds, the West Indies are sitting in fifth position on nine points with four wins and as many defeats, while Pakistan are sixth on eight points with four wins and five loses.

The two teams shaped their preparations and plans for the first match through extended practice sessions on Wednesday, with the series trophy being later unveiled at the match venue.

West Indies enjoy a 17-5 on a head to head in the ODI format. The two teams last met in a four-match series in the West Indies (October 2015), which Pakistan lost 1-3 after winning the first match of the series in St. Lucia.

The West Indies will be captained by their regular skipper Stafanie Taylor who takes over the reins from Merissa Aguilleira, who led the side in the T20I series.

During the series, Pakistan’s star all-rounder Sana Mir will aim to consolidate her stay at the top of the ICC Women’s ODI Bowling Rankings. She has 663 points and leads Australia’s Megan Schutt by three points.

Taylor is ranked ninth in the batting table, while she occupies 10th and second spots in the bowlers’ and all-rounders’ tables, respectively.

ODI series schedule:

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-06 at 15.56.25.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  37.1 KB

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Women ODI: Windies win toss, elect to bat first
    Name:  Windies_vs_Pakistan_Women's_Playing_XI_1.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  15.5 KB
    Name:  Windies_vs_Pakistan_Women's_Playing_XI_2.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  15.5 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-07 at 11.51.05 (1).jpg
Views: 302
Size:  43.3 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-07 at 11.51.05.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  45.8 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    WIW 216/5 (50.0 Ovs)

PAKW 70-all out (29.5 Ovs)

Windies Women won by 146 runs

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    West Indies women beat Pakistan women in first ODI

· Comfortable 146-run win for Windies at Dubai International Stadium

· Deandra Dottin produces another all-round match winning performance

Dubai, 7 February:

Windies won the first-ever Women’s One Day International to be played at the Dubai International Stadium to take a 1-0 lead in the three-match series against Pakistan.

Deandra Dottin and Afy Fletcher were the star performers with the ball as Pakistan were rolled over for 70 runs in reply to West Indies 216 for five total in the allotted 50 overs.

Player of the Match Dottin and Fletcher took three wickets each to restrict Pakistan batters in their pursuit of the target.

Pakistan were led by Javeria Khan, regular captain Bismah Maroof was rested for the ODI series opener, Javeria scored 21 while Nahida Khan top-scored for the hosts with a 23-run contribution.

Nahida was hit on the visor of her helmet and retired hurt, Aimen Anwer who hurt her hamstring during the West Indies batting did not turn up to bat. Pakistan’s innings ended in the 30th over with the hosts 146-run behind the West Indies total.

Earlier, the West Indies total was built around a 143-run stand for the second wicket between captain Stafanie Taylor and Dottin. Taylor, who won the toss and opted to bat, joined Dottin after the loss of opener Kycia Knight for a duck in the sixth over.

Taylor fell to Kainat Imtiaz after scoring 58 off 97 balls, her innings included four fours. Dottin missed out on her hundred by a mere four runs, the T20I Player of the Series continued her prolific batting form before she was also dismissed by Kainat for a 139-ball 96 that included eight fours and two sixes.

After the departure of Dottin and Taylor, Shermaine Campelle (26 not out) and Chinelle Henry (18 not out) took the score past the 200-run mark.

Kainat was the pick of the Pakistan bowlers; the right-armer took three wickets conceding 49 runs in her nine over spell.

Javeria meanwhile was disappointed at her team’s loss. “We started off very well but failed to sustain the momentum with the ball as well as in our batting effort. Losing Nahida was unfortunate for us and had a major impact in our chase.”

Dottin expressed her delight at her match winning contribution for her team. “It was a good game for me and yes there are days when I feel I can do anything on the field, batting with Stafanie was all about occupying the crease and we succeeded in building a good total with that partnership.”

Scores in brief

Windies women win by 146 runs

West Indies women 216-5, 50 overs (Deandra Dottin 96, Stafanie Taylor 58, Shermaine Campelle 26 not out; Kainat Imtiaz 3-49)

Pakistan women 70, in 29.5 overs (Nahida Khan 23 retired hurt, Javeria Khan 21; Deandra Dottin 3-14, Afy Fletcher 3-17

Second ODI at ICC Academy Dubai on Saturday, 9 February. Match starts 09:30.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WINDIES Women defeated Pakistan Women by 146 runs in the 1st One Day International as part of the ICC Women’s Championship Round 4 at the Dubai International Stadium. This match was historic as it was the first women’s match ever to be played at the venue.

Captain Stafanie Taylor won the toss for the WINDIES Women and elected to bat first on a pitch that looked like it offered something for the team batting first. Openers Kycia Knight and Deandra Dottin looked set to go after the Pakistan bowlers. It was Dottin who took charge with her explosive batting, smashing 2-fours in third over to get the scoreboard ticking.

Knight was the first wicket to fall in the sixth over when she played on to Sana Mir. Stafanie Taylor joined Deandra Dottin in the middle and the top two T20 all-rounders in the world sought to rebuild the WINDIES innings. They fended off several overs without a single run being scored much to the delight of the Pakistan bowlers. This was a calculated play by the WINDIES two most prolific batters.

The pair bided their time at the crease, running quick singles and twos when boundaries were hard to get. Their quickness between the wickets caused the Pakistan team to fumble in the field, allowing overthrows. Dottin was the first to reach half-century, once this landmark was achieved, she turned up the tempo, showcasing some of the flare and West Indian- style batting.

Not to be out done, Taylor soon reached her half-century and joined Dottin in accelerating the scoring. The skipper struck a few beautiful boundaries, however, on 58 and going after another wide-ish delivery, was caught by Sidra Ameen who plucked the ball out the air. This second wicket pair of Taylor and Dottin posted a 143-run partnership before Taylor fell.

Shemaine Campbelle joined Dottin and the pair continued where Taylor left off. Dottin looked set to reach triple figures, playing a patient and hard-fought innings. She struck two lofty blows over the ropes much to the chagrin of the Pakistan bowlers. But on 96 and looking for one more big heave to take her to the magical triple figures, she got a top edge which landed safely in the hands of Nahida Khan.

Chedean Nation made 1 while Natasha McLean made 3. Campbelle was joined by Chinelle Henry and the pair blasted the WINDIES Women well past 200. Campbelle struck 2-fours on her way to 26 not out while Henry hit one straight back to the dugout for a mammoth six to finish on 18 not out.

WINDIES Women posted 216/5 from 50 overs, Dottin 96, Taylor 58, Campbelle 26 not out, Henry 18 not out. Kainat Imtiaz was the pick of the Pakistan bowlers, taking 3/49 from 9 overs.

Shamilia Connell struck in the second over to remove Sidra Ameen for 0 as the WINDIES bowlers stuck to their line and lengths. Javeria Khan was given to lifelines when she was dropped by both and Taylor off Connell. Pakistan recovered with Javeria and Nahida Khan taking them to 45 in the 17thover, until Nahida was struck on the helmet when the ball deflected off her gloves. The physiotherapists of both the WINDIES and Pakistan teams rushed to the field together with medical personnel who attended to her, she was eventually stretchered off and did not return to bat.

The WINDIES Women pounced on this opportunity to bowl aggressively to the new batter Umaima Sohail and the plan worked, Dottin trapped her LBW the very first ball she faced. More medical drama ensued in the over, as Javeria Khan who was deputizing as captain as Bismah Maroof missed the match due to an injury sustained in training, started cramping and had to be assisted off the field.

Pakistan finished the 17th over with two new batters at the crease. The WINDIES relished their fortunes, as the pair of Nida Dar and Aliya Riaz, scored heavily against them during the T20 series. Taylor rotated her bowlers and shifted her fielders like an expert surgeon, with precision and make the right moves at the right moment. It paid dividends as Afy Fletcher scalped the wicket of Aliya, this then initiated a slide of four quick wickets as Dottin joined Fletcher to wreck the Pakistan middle order.

Pakistan from 45/1, slumped to 70 all out. Javeria returned to bat but was bowled by Taylor for 21. Nahida retired hurt on 23, while bowler Aiman Anwer did not bat. Pakistan had two players who did not bat out the match. Deandra Dottin finished with figures of 3/14 and Afy Fletcher 3/17.

The 146-run win by the WINDIES Women was their largest margin of victory in ODIs since 2013. The 143-run 2nd wicket partnership between Taylor and Dottin, was the second highest by the WINDIES Women, with the 176-run partnership between Taylor and Hayley Matthews against South Africa as the highest.

Deandra Dottin was Player of the Match.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    2nd ODI: Pakistan win toss, elect to bat first

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-09 at 08.03.27.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  25.3 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-09 at 08.03.28.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  23.7 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-09 at 11.45.26.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  38.4 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-09 at 11.45.28.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  36.7 KB

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ladies doing very well against a strong WI team.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very surprised that firstly pakistan made 240 and now wi are 7 wickets down

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG-20190209-WA0007.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  143.6 KB

Name:  IMG-20190209-WA0008.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  230.0 KB

Player of the match Sidra Ameen.
    Last edited by shaaik; 9th February 2019 at 18:55.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played girls.

Levelled the series.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan women level odi series 1-1 as mclean hits career best

DUBAI, UAE- Pakistan Women defeated the WINDIES Women by 34 runs to level the One Day Series 1-1 at the ICC Academy Ground in Dubai. Pakistan posted 240 all out in 49.4 overs, Sidra Amin 96, Nida Dar 81. WINDIES Women 206 all out in 49.4 overs, McLean 82, Taylor 48. Both teams now have 2 points each in the ICC Women’s Championship Round 4, with all to play for the in the match on Monday

Pakistan Women won the toss and elected to bat first on a grassy pitch. Opening bowlers Shakera Selman and Shamilia Connell kept the Pakistan batters in check with accurate line and lengths. Selman was the first to strike when she had Nahida Khan caught by Anisa Mohammed for 3. Javeria Khan who like Nahida had to leave the field due to injury in the first match, also did not last long at the crease this time. Connell clipped her stumps, sending her back for 5.

Returning skipper Bismah Maroof who missed the first match due to injury was stumped by Kycia Knight for 8, another Pakistan batter not troubling the scorers. Then came the partnership that built the Pakistan innings. A 102-run partnership between Sidra Ameen and Nida Dar frustrated the WINDIES Women’s bowlers. Sidra Ameen exploited the sometimes sluggish fielding by the WINDIES.

WINDIES captain Stafanie Taylor rotated her bowlers to keep the pressure but the Pakistan batterS still found a way to get the runs. Taylor herself was expensive in the four overs she bowled, going for 32 runs. Ameen was particularly aggressive, smashing 14-fours on her way to 96, but what Taylor didn’t do while bowling, she corrected with her fielding. With a direct hit she had Ameen well short of her ground, runout for a very patient innings.

Aliya Riaz was bowled by Afy Fletcher for 6. Nida continued batting, building another valuable 44-run partnership with Sana Mir, before Taylor effected another direct hit to runout Mir for 21. Selman returned to have Kainat Imtiaz caught for 1, while Dottin trapped Nida LBW for 81. Taylor and Knight had runouts of Sidra Nawaz and Diana Baig respectivelY. Pakistan 240 all out in 49.4 overs. Sidra Ameen 96, Nidar Dar 81, Sana Mir 21. Bowling for the WINDIES Women, Shakera Selman had the best figures with 2/33 followed by Deandra Dottin with 2/55.

Chasing a target of 241, the WINDIES Women lost Deandra Dottin for 5 when she was bowled by Diana Baig in the fifth over. Kycia Knight made 13 before getting a faint edge behind with the score on 19. Diana Baig continued ripping her way through the WINDIES top order, as she trapped Shemaine Campbelle LBW for 1, to leave the WINDIES reeling at 27/3 in the 11th over.

Stafanie Taylor and Chedean Nation steadied the middle order with cautious but fearless batting between the pair. Both batters took advantage of some fatigued bowling by Pakistan in the middle overs. The pair posted a 65-run partnership. In addition to the occasional boundary, they were quick between the wickets. Nation struck 3-fours on her way to 23 before she edged behind off Nashra Sandhu with the score on 92. Two runs later, Taylor was given out LBW for 48, which included 5-fours and 1-six.

The WINDIES Women lost wickets at vital moments in the innings, just as partnerships were building, much to their frustration. Natasha McLean then provided vital and timely innings for the WINDIES Women. Starting slow and reading the play of the pitch and game late in the innings when well over 100-run still needed for victory, McLean batted through the remainder of the innings. With wickets falling around her, she continued her free style of hitting big. She struck two mighty sixes and 8-fours on a career high 82. This saw her register her maiden ODI half-century. With her at the wicket was Shamilia Connell who played the perfect supporting role for McLean. Connell rotated the strike to get Mclean to power-hit the WINDIES to within striking distance of victory. However, it was not be as McLean skied one off Nida Dar to be caught and bowled. Connell and McLean had a 62-run partnership for the 10th wicket. WINDIES Women 206 all out in 49.4 overs. McLean 82, Taylor 48. Bowling for Pakistan, Diana Baig who ripped through the WINDIES top order, was finished with the best figures of 4/34 followed by Sana Mir with 3/21.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well played,
    seems like the sarfraz speech changed it all (;

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan-Windies eye series win in ODI decider

Hope that my team will carry forward the momentum they gained in the second game: Bismah Maroof

We hope to bounce back in the final match. It's a must win game for both sides: Stafanie Taylor

Dubai, 10 February 2019:

Pakistan and Windies have their eyes set on an ODI series win as the two sides clash in the decider at the ICC Academy Dubai on Monday. The series is currently locked at 1-1 after two games.

After a 146-run loss in the first match (Dubai International Stadium), the Bismah Maroof led Pakistan made a strong comeback to secure a 34-run win at the ICC Academy on Saturday.

The two teams who are aiming to win the series and collect valuable ICC Women’s Championship points, in the ongoing fourth round, meet at the ICC Academy Dubai for the final on Monday morning.

The two teams rested on Sunday, Bismah Maroof who returned to the eleven to lead her side to a win in the second game after missing the opener due to a jaw injury believes that her team has the prowess to record a first-ever ODI series win over the Windies.

“The next match is incredibly important for us both in terms of the (ICC Women’s Championship) points and a series win. I am hopeful that my team will carry forward the momentum they gained in the second game and play to the best of their ability in the all-important series decider tomorrow.” Bismah said.

West Indies captain Stafanie Taylor wants to put behind the loss on Saturday, her aim too is a series win and feels that an exciting game is in the offing on Monday.

“We hope to bounce back in the final match. It's a must win game for both sides so we are in for an exciting series decider.” Taylor said.

Heading into the final game, the West Indies enjoy an 18-6 lead over Pakistan in the ODI format, however Pakistan’s comfortable win in the second ODI has made the final game wide open.

This is the fourth bilateral ODI series between the two teams, the West Indies have won all three preceding ones.

The match begins at 09h30.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @MenInG do you know if the WI players were paid extra to go to Pakistan for the T20Is?

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    @MenInG do you know if the WI players were paid extra to go to Pakistan for the T20Is?
    Not read that anywhere but their captain refused to travel.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Women vs Windies women, 3rd ODI : Windies win toss, elect to bat first

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-11 at 08.05.24.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  25.7 KBName:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-11 at 08.05.32.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  24.0 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    PakW vs WindiesW BREAK

Windies Women 159 (47.3 ov)

Innings Break
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th February 2019 at 14:17.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Women have beaten Windies Women in the 3rd ODI of the series by 4 wickets and have thus won the series by a 2-1 margin; This is their first ever win against the Windies side; Scores : WIndies Women 159 (47.3 Ovs); Pakistan Women 163/6 (47.2 Ovs) #PAKWvWIW

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2019-02-11 at 14.54.24 (1).jpg
Views: 6860
Size:  34.9 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th February 2019 at 18:02.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Name:  IMG-20190211-WA0110.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  152.2 KB

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The women are number 4 right now in the ICC ODI championship.

6 wins and 6 losses.

Pretty impressive. Congratulations to the girls in green.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Nashra, Diana and Sidra script historic series win over Windies

· Pakistan women came back from behind to win their maiden series in 16 years

Dubai, 11 February 2019:

Nashra Sandhu and Diana Baig equally shared six wickets between them while Sidra Ameen struck a half-century as Pakistan women defeated the Windies women by four wickets in the third and final ODI at the ICC Academy in Dubai to take the series 2-1.

The victory in the fourth round fixture of the ICC Women’s Championship has helped Pakistan women move ahead of the West Indies and England, and join India on 12 points. However, Pakistan is placed behind India in fourth position on net-run-rate. Australia leads the table, while New Zealand is second.

Nashra claimed three for 21 and Diana bagged three for 42 as the West Indies, electing to bat first, were skittled out for 159 in 47.3 overs. Sidra then led the run-chase with a gutsy 52 as Pakistan romped home with 16 balls and four wickets to spare.

The match was attended by the PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani and Managing Director Wasim Khan.

This was Pakistan’s first series victory over the West Indies in 16 years and only their seventh ODI win in 26 matches. Overall, it was Pakistan’s 46th ODI win in 158 matches.

The foundation of the series win was laid in Karachi when Pakistan won the third T20I on 3 February. Their 2-1 series win in Dubai reflects the impact the home series and win had on the overall confidence and motivation as Pakistan outclassed their more experienced and skilled team in an-round performance.

The series win was more special as Pakistan had come from behind. They were routed by 146 runs in the first match, before leveling the series with a 34-run victory. Sidra (96), Nida (81) and Diana (four for 34) had starred in the series leveling win on Friday.

On Monday, and after Diana Baig dismissed Kycia Knight in the first over of the match, West Indies recovered to 87 for two before being bundled out for 159 by losing their last seven wickets for 72 runs.

Sandhu started the collapse when she dismissed Shemaine Campbell (26) to end the 52-run third wicket stand with Stafanie Taylor. Sandhu added the wicket of Natasha McLean, but when Taylor (52, 94b, 5x4) became Diana’s second scalp, the West Indies looked down and out at 131 for seven.

However, Afy Fletcher (21) offered some resistance and added 28 runs with the last three batters.

Sidra Ameen led Pakistan’s run-chase when she scored 52 off 107 balls with five fours and put on three small but important partnerships. Sidra added 32 for the first wicket with Nahida Khan (15), 44 for the second wicket with Javeria Khan (24) and 46 for the fourth wicket with Nida Dar (26)

West Indies’ Shakera Selman finished with two for 24, while Taylor followed up her half-century with two for 17.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan women beat West Indies women by four wickets, win series 2-1

Windies women 159 all out, 47.3 overs (Stafanie Taylor 52, Deandra Dottin 28, Shemaine Campbell 26, Afy Fletcher 21; Nashra Sandhu 3-21, Diana Baig 3-42

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done to the ladies.

Making us proud!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    WINDIES WOMEN LOSE ODI SERIES 2-1 TO PAKISTAN

DUBAI, UAE- WINDIES Women suffered a 2-1 series defeat to Pakistan in Round 4 of the ICC Women’s Championship, One Day International series at the ICC Academy Ground in Dubai.

Pakistan pulled off a nail-biting win by 4 wickets with 2.4 overs to spare, to finish on 163/6, as they successfully chased the small WINDIES total of 159 all out from 47.3 overs.

The WINDIES Women won the toss and elected to bat first on a very grassy pitch. Kycia Knight once again departed without scoring, as Diana Baig bowled her on the third delivery she faced. Stafanie Taylor joined Deandra Dottin and the pair looked set to take the WINDIES Women to a bug total. Dottin again was in exceptional form stroking the ball confidently. She smashed a huge six straight back over the bowler and onto the flagpole in the distance. However, charging after a non-existent single from the non-striker’s end, she was well short of her ground and runout for 28.

Taylor once again had to rebuild the innings, this time joined by Shemaine Campbelle. The pair were quick between the wickets, taking the singles and twos that Pakistan missed. Campbell end Taylor built a scoring momentum, using the flight of the ball against the Pakistan bowlers. The WINDIES scored the fastest in this match in their opening 15 overs, reaching 75 runs. Campbelle was the first to fall from this partnership, as she needlessly charged down the pitch at Nashra Sandhu and was stumped for 26.

Taylor played a captain’s knock to save the innings. After Campbelle’s departure, no other player offered a partnership with Taylor. The skipper struck her 34th half-century as the WINDIES women fought to get to a defendable total. With the pressure to score, Taylor going for a pull shot, got a top edge and was caught and bowled by Diana Baig for 52.

Afy Fletcher was the only other WINDIES batter to reach double figures. She remained on 21 not out, as the WINDIES Women were all out for 159 in 47.4 overs. Nashra Sandhu had the best bowling figures for Pakistan, taking 3/21 and Diana Baig with 3/42.

Sidra Amin continued the batting she did in the second ODI. She frustrated the WINDIES bowlers once again, as she picked off the singles and twos. Chasing such a small target it was easy cruising for Pakistan, as they took no risky shots.

However, some very economical bowling from Stafanie Taylor and debutant Karishma Ramharack in the middle overs, saw the WINDIES bowlers sway the match back in their favour. Shamilia Connell and Shakera Selman had solid opening spells, which the slow bowlers maintained throughout the innings. Only at the very end did the bowling become a bit untidy, as Dottin, Selman and Connell bowled a few wide deliveries.

Pakistan lost their nerve in the last 15 overs, as the batters were outplayed by the WINDIES bowlers. They lost 3 quick wickets of Sidra Amin for 52, Nida Dar for 26 and Aliya Riaz for 5. With this, the WINDIES thought they had a sure chance, but new batter Kianat Imtiaz was dropped by Taylor at first slip. Sana Mir eventually went on to hit the winning run which came via a boundary off Dottin.

Pakistan 163/6 in 47.2 overs. Sidra Amin 52, Nida Dar 26, Javeria Khan 24. Stafanie Taylor had the best bowling figures for the WINDIES Women with 2/17 followed by Shakera Selman with 2/24.

Sidra Amin was Player of the Match and the Pakistan Player of the Series, while Stafanie Taylor was the WINDIES Player of the Series for 158 runs and 3 wickets.

Pakistan now move ahead of the WINDIES Women in the ICC Women’s Championship Table to 4th with 12 points, the WINDIES Women now have 11 points in 5th place, 1 point ahead of England in 6th.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 87
Size:  47.5 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, great achievement, quite a comeback after that first t20 defeat.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    The India pair of Jemimah Rodrigues and Smriti Mandhana have made impressive gains among batters in the MRF Tyres ICC Women’s T20I Player Rankings despite their side’s 3-0 series loss to New Zealand, while Windies all-rounder Deandra Dottin has grabbed the top spot among all-rounders in the latest update carried out on Tuesday.

Rodrigues’s 132 runs in the three-match series against New Zealand have lifted her four places to second position while Smriti Mandhana, who grabbed the top spot in ODIs last week, has gained four spots to reach sixth position after finishing as the leading run-getter in the series with an aggregate of 180. The stylish left-hander smashed two half-centuries including a fluent 86 in the last match in Hamilton that India lost by two runs

Spinners Radha Yadav, up 18 places to 10th after taking four wickets in the series, and Deepti Sharma, up five places to 14th, are the India players to move up among bowlers.

For New Zealand, Sophie Devine has moved from 11th to eighth position among batters after scoring 153 runs in the series including a match-winning 72 in the last match, while captain Amy Satterthwaite’s 87 runs have lifted her from 23rd to 17th position. Among bowlers, Lea Tahuhu has moved up five slots to 11th position.

For the Windies, Dottin has been the standout performer in a 2-1 series win in Pakistan. Dottin has moved up two places to third among batters after scoring 158 runs in the series while her three wickets have lifted her two slots to 29th among bowlers. The net result has been a promotion to number one in the list of all-rounders.

Pakistan captain Bismah Maroof has gained three slots to tie with compatriot Javeria Khan in 15th position among batters while Sana Mir, who is top ranked in the ODI format, has moved up six places to take 28th position among T20I bowlers after taking three wickets in the series.

South Africa completed a 3-0 win over Sri Lanka in a home series ahead of their ICC Women’s Championship series. The gains for them include captain Dane van Niekerk moving up three slots to reach a career-best 12th among batters, up six places to 20th among bowlers and up two berths among all-rounders to third. The pace pair of Shabnim Ismail (up four places to seventh) and Marizanne Kappe (up seven places to 22nd) are other notable gainers. For Sri Lanka, Shashikala Siriwardene has benefited by four places to reach 30th position.

Other players to advance include Esha Oza of the United Arab Emirates (up 44 places to 46th) among batters and the Thailand pair of Chanida Sutthiruang (up 15 places to 38th) and Nattaya Boochatham (40th) among bowlers.

In the MRF Tyres ICC Women’s T20I Team Rankings, New Zealand have overtaken England to take second place. ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2018 champions Australia continue to lead the table while the Windies and India, semifinalists at the T20 World Cup in the Caribbean, are fourth and fifth, respectively.

MRF Tyres ICC Women’s T20I Player Rankings (as of 12 February 2019)

Batters (top 20)

Rank (+/-) Player Team Pts Avge S/R Highest Rating

1 ( - ) Suzie Bates NZ 765 30.69 112 767 v Pak at Guyana 2018

2 (+4) J. Rodrigues Ind 737 34.88 129 742 v NZ at Auckland 2019

3 (+2) Deandra Dottin Win 727 26.60 127 731 v Eng at Bridgetown 2013

4 ( - ) Meg Lanning Aus 695 34.04 117 783 v Win at Melbourne 2014

5 (-3) Stafanie Taylor Win 694 35.68 105 817 v NZ at St Lucia 2010

6 (+4) S. Mandhana Ind 693! 25.02 118 693 v NZ at Hamilton 2019

7 (-4) H. Kaur Ind 687 28.08 105 715 v Aus at Guyana 2018

8 (+3) Sophie Devine NZ 669! 27.92 125 669 v Ind at Hamilton 2019

9 (-2) Beth Mooney Aus 663 31.69 120 747 v Ind at Mumbai 2018

10 (-1) Alyssa Healy Aus 639! 22.80 122 639 v Eng at Antigua 2018

11 (-3) Mithali Raj Ind 623 37.81 101 813 v Win at Ahmedabad 2011

12 (+3) D. van Niekerk SA 622! 29.80 95 622 v SL at Centurion 2019

13 (-1) Natalie Sciver Eng 610 23.72 110 622 v Ind at Antigua 2018

14 (-1) Elyse Villani Aus 598 28.52 118 664 v Ire at Dublin 2015

15= (+3) Bismah Maroof Pak 571 25.19 89 647 v Ban at Karachi 2015

(-1) Javeria Khan Pak 571 21.41 92 576 v NZ at Guyana 2018

17 (+6) A.Satterthwaite NZ 540 21.19 95 556 v Win at Bridgetown 2013

18 (+2) Sarah Taylor Eng 537 29.00 111 781 v Aus at Chelmsford 2013

19= (-4) H. Matthews Win 536 19.54 110 593 v SL at St Lucia 2018

(+2) Danielle Wyatt Eng 536 18.18 124 537 v SA at Taunton 2018

Bowlers (top 20)

Rank (+/-) Player Team Pts Avge Eco Highest Rating

1 ( - ) Megan Schutt Aus 796 15.45 5.76 804 v Pak at Guyana 2018

2 ( - ) Poonam Yadav Ind 707 14.41 5.73 735 v Ire at Guyana 2018

3 (+1) S. Ecclestone Eng 703! 19.91 6.60 703 v Aus at Antigua 2018

4 (+1) Ellyse Perry Aus 700 19.19 5.90 752 v NZ at Nelson 2010

5 (+1) Anya Shrubsole Eng 695 13.70 5.53 754 v Win at Dharamsala 2016

6 (-3) Leigh Kasperek NZ 694 12.93 6.17 715 v Ire at Dublin 2018

7 (+4) Shabnim Ismail SA 681 19.10 5.93 701 v Aus at Nagpur 2016

8= ( - ) D. Kimmince Aus 666! 18.96 6.53 666 v Eng at Antigua 2018

(-1) Amelia Kerr NZ 666 22.52 5.96 679 v Ind at Wellington 2019

10 (+18) Radha Yadav Ind 659*! 18.57 6.62 659 v NZ at Hamilton 2019

11= (+5) Lea Tahuhu NZ 643 20.86 5.90 664 v Pak at Sharjah 2017

(-1) Nashra Sandhu Pak 643 19.60 5.38 670 v Win at Karachi 2019

13 (-4) Nida Dar Pak 639 17.54 5.10 695 v SA at Doha 2014

14 (+5) Deepti Sharma Ind 638! 21.61 6.02 638 v NZ at Hamilton 2019

15= (-3) R. Ahmed Ban 636 19.34 5.37 676 v Win at Guyana 2018

(-3) S. Molineux Aus 636*! 20.06 5.84 636 v Eng at Antigua 2018

17 ( - ) S.Siriwardene SL 635 19.94 5.53 687 v Eng at Sylhet 2014

18 (-4) Salma Khatun Ban 633 18.08 4.88 717 v Ire at Sylhet 2014

19 (+2) Anam Amin Pak 621 19.84 5.14 717 v Ban at Delhi 2016

20= (+4) Afy Fletcher Win 620 20.57 5.82 639 v Ban at Guyana 2018

(+6) D. van Niekerk SA 620 20.63 5.46 642 v Eng at Paarl 2016

All-rounders (top five)

Rank (+/-) Player Team Pts Highest Rating

1 (+1) Deandra Dottin Win 424! 424 v Pak at Karachi 2019

2 (-1) Stafanie Taylor Win 387 519 v SL at Bridgetown 2012

3 (+2) D. van Niekerk SA 385 388 v SL at Johannesburg 2019

4 (+1) Sophie Devine NZ 378! 378 v Ind at Hamilton 2019

5 (-2) Ellyse Perry Aus 369 382 v NZ at Nagpur 2016
    Last edited by MenInG; 12th February 2019 at 12:34.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Not read that anywhere but their captain refused to travel.
    If they haven't been paid, then that's a step in the right direction, because I remember that the WI men's team were paid to tour Pakistan.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    RANKINGS GAINS FOR PAKISTAN, SOUTH AFRICA PLAYERS AFTER SERIES WINS

· Stafanie Taylor moves up to eighth among batters, Sidra, Luus and Ranaweera among others to gain in latest rankings update

· Deepti Sharma in line to emulate former India captains in upcoming series against England

Windies captain Stafanie Taylor has advanced two places and grabbed eighth position among batters even as a number of players from Pakistan and South Africa have also moved up in the MRF Tyres ICC Women’s ODI Player Rankings after winning their respective ICC Women’s Championship series.

Taylor led the list of run-getters with an aggregate of 158, including two fifties, in a 2-1 loss in Dubai that enabled Pakistan to overtake the Windies in the points table of the eight-team championship that provides direct qualification berths to hosts New Zealand and four other top teams in the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2021.

South Africa have kept in contention for a direct berth in the pinnacle event by completing a 3-0 triumph at home over Sri Lanka, a verdict that has helped them to catch up with fifth-placed Windies on 11 points, even though they remain behind on net run rate. Pakistan’s victory over the Windies has lifted them to 12 points and they are now in fourth position, just behind India on net run rate in the list led by Australia with 16 points from only nine matches and New Zealand second at 14 points from 12.

For Pakistan, Sidra Ameen’s 148 runs in their series have helped her gain a whopping 36 places to reach 57th position, while Windies all-rounder Deandra Dottin (up one place to 20th) and Nida Dar (up 13 places to 55th) have also gained among batters in Monday’s update after also scoring in excess of 100 runs in the series.

South Africa’s Mignon Du Preez has gained one place to reach 22nd position among batters, while her compatriot Sune Luus (up three places to 35th) and former Sri Lanka captain Inoka Ranaweera (up eight places to 26th) are the major gainers among bowlers after finishing with five wickets each in their series played in Potchefstroom.

Meanwhile, South Africa captain Dane van Niekerk has dropped behind India’s Deepti Sharma in the list of all-rounders. Sharma is now at a career-high third place and with a chance to emulate or do better than her compatriots in an upcoming ICC Women’s Championship home series against England.

No India woman player has reached the top spot among all-rounders while former captains Jhulan Goswami (in July 2015), Purnima Rau (December 2000) and Shubhangi Kulkarni (January 1986) have all attained second position.

The India-England series can be crucial in the final standings while defending champions Australia host second-placed New Zealand in another series that also starts on Saturday. England are on 10 points from nine matches and can jump to second or third place, depending on results of the other series.

Some highlights of the ODI rankings:

Batting

· Stafanie Taylor (Win) up two places to 8th

· Deandra Dottin (Win) up one place to 20th

· Mignon du Preez (SA) up one place to 22th

· Javeria Khan (Pak) up one place to 23rd

· Marizanne Kapp (SA) up eight places to 32nd

· Andrie Steyn (SA) up seven places to 51st

· Shermaine Campbell (Win) up two places to 52nd

· Nida Dar (Pak) up 13 places to 55th

· Sidra Ameen (Pak) up 36 places to 57th

· Nilakshi de Silva (Sri) up 35 places to 77th

Bowling

· Inoka Ranaweera (Sri) up four places to 21st

· Shakera Salman (Win) up eight places to 26th

· Nashra Sandhu (Pak) up seven places to 28th

· Sune Luus (SA) up three places to 35th

· Masabata Klaas (SA) up four places to 47th

· Shamilia Connell (Win) up six places to 49th

· Diana Baig (Pak) up five places to 51st

· Kavisha Dilhari (Sri) up 15 places to 73rd

Upcoming fixtures

Australia v New Zealand: 22 Feb (Perth), 24 Feb (Adelaide), 3 March (Melbourne)

India v England: 22, 25 and 28 Feb (all in Mumbai)

ICC Women’s Championship results, statistics, points standings and fixtures are available here

MRF Tyres ICC Women’s ODI Player Rankings (as of 18 February)

Batters (top 20)

Rank (+/-) Player Team Pts Avge Highest Rating

1 ( - ) S. Mandhana India 774 41.81 795 v NZ at Bay Oval 2019

2 ( - ) Ellyse Perry Aus 719 49.63 773 v India at Vadodara 2018

3 ( - ) Meg Lanning Aus 715 52.72 878 v NZ at Bay Oval 2016

4 ( - ) A. Satterthwaite NZ 714 38.34 777 v Aus at Bay Oval 2017

5 ( - ) Mithali Raj India 709 51.33 878 v Aus at Baroda Vadodar 2004

6 ( - ) T. Beaumont Eng 706! 41.53 706 v NZ at Leicester 2018

7 (+1) Suzie Bates NZ 703 43.38 796 v Aus at Bay Oval 2016

8 (+2) Stafanie Taylor Win 695 43.96 785 v India at St Kitts (WP) 2012

9 (+2) Nicole Bolton Aus 676 43.93 728 v India at Vadodara 2018

10 (-1) C. Athapaththu SL 673 31.64 691 v SA at Potchefstroom 2019

11 (-5) Lizelle Lee SA 664 33.69 774 v Eng at Hove 2018

12 ( - ) Sophie Devine NZ 661 32.02 677 v Eng at Leicester 2018

13 (+1) Heather Knight Eng 653 36.42 678 v NZ at Headingley 2018

14 (-1) D. van Niekerk SA 650 36.57 677 v SL at Potchefstroom 2019

15 ( - ) Natalie Sciver Eng 644 38.00 682 v Aus at Brisbane - AB 2017

16 ( - ) Alyssa Healy Aus 630! 24.22 630 v Pak at Kuala Lumpur 2018

17 (+1) Deepti Sharma India 626! 41.87 626 v NZ at Hamilton 2019

18 (-1) L. Wolvaardt SA 615 43.79 633 v Win at Bridgetown 2018

19 ( - ) H. Kaur India 608 34.52 720 v Eng at Lord's 2017

20 (+1) Deandra Dottin Win 601 28.33 700 v NZ at Kingston 2013

Bowlers (top 20)

Rank (+/-) Player Team Pts Avge Eco Highest Rating

1 ( - ) Sana Mir Pak 718 24.68 3.68 719 v Win at Dubai (GCA) 2019

2 ( - ) Megan Schutt Aus 707 23.09 4.35 721 v Pak at Kuala Lumpur 2018

3 (+1) J. Goswami India 685 21.72 3.25 816 v Eng at Chennai 2007

4 (+1) J. Jonassen Aus 680 23.19 4.18 723 v India at Vadodara 2018

5 (-2) M. Kapp SA 678 24.11 3.67 735 v India at Potchefstroom (N 2017

6 ( - ) Shibnam Ismail SA 663 20.53 3.60 699 v Eng at Worcester 2018

7 ( - ) Katherine Brunt Eng 643 23.58 3.48 811 v India at Mumbai 2013

8 ( - ) Deepti Sharma India 635* 26.69 3.83 647 v NZ at Napier 2019

9 ( - ) Poonam Yadav India 634* 20.88 3.82 641 v NZ at Bay Oval 2019

10 (+1) Ellyse Perry Aus 623 26.01 4.38 738 v India at Mumbai 2012

11 (+2) Ekta Bisht India 616 21.57 3.64 659 v Pak at Derby 2017

12 (+3) A. Shrubsole Eng 599 27.57 4.27 654 v Aus at New South Wales 2017

13= (+1) D. van Niekerk SA 597 19.28 3.52 661 v Ban at Kimberley 2018

(-3) Stafanie Taylor Win 597 19.50 3.28 798 v NZ at St Kitts (WP) 2014

15 (+1) Lea Tahuhu NZ 590! 29.91 4.33 590 v India at Hamilton 2019

16 (-4) A. Khaka SA 581 28.00 4.13 676 v Eng at Worcester 2018

17= ( - ) Shikha Pandey India 564* 22.10 4.02 604 v Aus at Derby 2017

( - ) Leigh Kasperek NZ 564*! 17.79 3.72 564 v India at Hamilton 2019

19 ( - ) Amelia Kerr NZ 546* 21.83 4.11 558 v Eng at Headingley 2018

20 ( - ) A. Gardner Aus 545*! 25.88 4.28 545 v Pak at Kuala Lumpur 2018

All-rounders (top five)

Rank (+/-) Player Team Pts Highest Rating

1 ( - ) Ellyse Perry Aus 447 504 v India at Hobart 2016

2 ( - ) Stafanie Taylor Win 414 602 v NZ at Kingston 2013

3 (+1) Deepti Sharma India 397/*! 397 v NZ at Hamilton 2019

4 (-1) D. van Niekerk SA 388 421 v SL at Potchefstroom 2019

5 ( - ) Sana Mir Pak 300 306 v Aus at Kuala Lumpur 2018
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th February 2019 at 18:11.