Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 161 to 173 of 173
  1. #161
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,746
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only person with a sensible foreign policy is Sanders. Or else the Saudi-Israel-USA funded wars will continue, and millions will continue to suffer.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    10,838
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Sanders and Warren are splitting the progressive vote as things stand. It looks unlikely that they will emerge as the two front runners, because the establishment types will coalesce around one candidate at some point, most probably Biden. The progressives need to do likewise: flip a coin or something and have one of them throw in their lot with the other. I would prefer Sanders, since heís more likely to attract disgruntled, traditionally Democratic voters back into the fold.
    Yeah, with the way things are going now, it'll be one of Warren or Bernie vs Biden. Bernie is definitely the far better candidate, but don't see Warren dropping out before super Tuesday.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    38,017
    Mentioned
    292 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Biden would lose to Trump.

    The Democrats need to back Sanders.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,051
    Mentioned
    1108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I'm amused by the attacks by some Sanders supporters online portraying Warren, who's now pulling ahead in the polls, as some establishment sellout and closet neoliberal.

    This is someone who's devoted her career to tackling the abuses and practices of Wall Street and predatory lenders. She pushed for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and is loathed by the financial elites for daring to hold them accountable for their corruption.

    Of course in a primary battle lines will be drawn and there SHOULD be a robust debate. No candidate is above scrutiny. There IS a distinction between Warren and Sanders who come from two different progressive traditions (Social Democracy vs Democratic Socialism), and primary voters must make a choice.

    However this inability by some parts of the Sanders fanbase to accept there's more than one candidate who can take on the progressive mantra is obnoxious. I love Bernie for the record and his foreign policy agenda is better than Warren's (whose foreign policy plank is nowhere as detailed as her domestic agenda). But this notion that only Sanders can be the true torchbearer of progressivism is insulting and counterproductive if you want to achieve progressive goals.

  5. #165
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,451
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I'm amused by the attacks by some Sanders supporters online portraying Warren, who's now pulling ahead in the polls, as some establishment sellout and closet neoliberal.

    This is someone who's devoted her career to tackling the abuses and practices of Wall Street and predatory lenders. She pushed for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and is loathed by the financial elites for daring to hold them accountable for their corruption.

    Of course in a primary battle lines will be drawn and there SHOULD be a robust debate. No candidate is above scrutiny. There IS a distinction between Warren and Sanders who come from two different progressive traditions (Social Democracy vs Democratic Socialism), and primary voters must make a choice.

    However this inability by some parts of the Sanders fanbase to accept there's more than one candidate who can take on the progressive mantra is obnoxious. I love Bernie for the record and his foreign policy agenda is better than Warren's (whose foreign policy plank is nowhere as detailed as her domestic agenda). But this notion that only Sanders can be the true torchbearer of progressivism is insulting and counterproductive if you want to achieve progressive goals.
    Warren has come out and said she believes in free markets which % of Bernie fans donít want to hear.

    They are both Liberals though and I rather have a strong America which means Warren is better.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    14,580
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

  7. #167
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,746
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Warren has come out and said she believes in free markets which % of Bernie fans don’t want to hear.

    They are both Liberals though and I rather have a strong America which means Warren is better.
    So you want American foreign wars to continue, and hence millions misplaced or killed. Cool.

  8. #168
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    22,451
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    So you want American foreign wars to continue, and hence millions misplaced or killed. Cool.
    So this is how Bernie fans talk its either him or wars? What has free markets and strong America got to do with Wars? Are you saying a country is strong only if wages Wars?


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  9. #169
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,485
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will probably be Biden vs Trump.

    I think Biden can beat Trump if Democrat voters stick together and find a common ground.


    LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

  10. #170
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,746
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep_shot View Post
    It will probably be Biden vs Trump.

    I think Biden can beat Trump if Democrat voters stick together and find a common ground.
    Hillary 2.0 aint gonna win. Wake up

  11. #171
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,485
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Hillary 2.0 aint gonna win. Wake up
    I want Sanders to get the nomination but I think that's not going to happen.

    Biden is a dodgy individual but any candidate is better than Trump.

    Based on recent polls, Biden is likely to get the nomination.


    LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

  12. #172
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    10,838
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    National polls are meaningless, it's all about the first few rounds.

    If Bernie can keep his lead in Nevada and California , and pull off Iowa and New Hampshire, then he'll probably win the nomination. Bernie has the advantage of having a few big favourable states at the start, so we absolutely can't say he's out of it yet.

    Biden is Hillary 2.0, and will be destroyed by Trump, while Warren struggles to attract Bernie's lower class and young base, as well as African Americans (Biden strong here) and Latinos (Bernie strong here) .

  13. #173
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    14,580
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Things donít look good for Bernie, health wise.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •