Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 561 to 625 of 625
  1. #561
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    1,586
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baigel View Post
    Sarfaraz would've knocked that ball behind...Had he came up the order
    the team would have been in a different position altogether if sarfraz was captain

  2. #562
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    6,418
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @Titan24 @Usman Chadda @topspin @MRSN

    Did you like that finish ?
    I was wishing for this finish since the start of the innings.

  3. #563
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    if you were expecting all of that from a 23 year old who has only been in the team a short while, then yes you are
    really? I think you were holding it in, for sometime lol. At this level, if you don't do that well, it's just disappointing stuff really.

  4. #564
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    1,586
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Rizwan already looked better in 1 ball than Sarfaraz in 1 year
    lol ain't that the truth

  5. #565
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,280
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    I was wishing for this finish since the start of the innings.
    Rizwan is here to stay Inshallah. I like his mentality too.

  6. #566
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    1,586
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    really? I think you were holding it in, for sometime lol. At this level, if you don't do that well, it's just disappointing stuff really.
    typical.

    always nitpicking and finding little things to complain about.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 27th January 2019 at 19:38.

  7. #567
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, i would love commentator asking Malik about his future as captain, especially in world cup. Would be a cherry on the top!

  8. #568
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    6,418
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowling Amir 1st change (considering his form) field settings bowling changes, sending Rizwan at no 4 (knowing his strengths) are some master strokes from Malik

  9. #569
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,280
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xricket View Post
    Yes, it does. Instill confidence, calms nervers for next such event as he will be around. And +1 for the memory and to talk about at home. Good decision and captaincy all around
    Agreed. Very good. I hope they make similar decisions in the next games.

  10. #570
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    6,418
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Rizwan is here to stay Inshallah. I like his mentality too.
    After A tours and couple of years of hardwork, he is a player to look out for. Was naturally talented and by the looks of he has been shaped well for success now

  11. #571
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,230
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When there is a bit in the pitch for the bowlers even a little bit PAK is 2nd only in ODI cricket behind our dear parosees.

    You always see the bowlers pumped up in these games.

  12. #572
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,280
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    After A tours and couple of years of hardwork, he is a player to look out for. Was naturally talented and by the looks of he has been shaped well for success now
    In the A tours I think he scored against bowlers who played international cricket.

    Yes he is hard working and has a good brain as seen on the A tours. No issues with him getting a run if games.

  13. #573
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    Babar to hit the winning shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    Ok Imam to hit the winning shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    Ok Rizwan to hit the winning shot.
    Finally
    Last edited by Green Patriot; 27th January 2019 at 19:43.

  14. #574
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,358
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this series, Rizwan has a higher strike rate than Sarfraz #fact

  15. #575
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    802
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The so called mediocre team again outclasses SA at their home. Well done . Pak looked fresh today and sensible mostly due to coolness of their captain.Hasan will need to come back for Shinwari though as I'm not sold on him yet.

  16. #576
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    802
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    In this series, Rizwan has a higher strike rate than Sarfraz #fact
    Apney paraney hero ko maaf kar do. All players have bad patches no matter how long. It was dumb decision by Pak management to make him captain in all three formats on back of the champions trophy. He cracked up with burden.

  17. #577
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,423
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent win.

    Every player contributed today. Imam, Fakhar and Babar batted well. Hafeez took a good, crucial catch. Malik captained assuredly. All the bowlers had their moments while Rizwan kept well and finished it in style.

    Great ODI series so far.

  18. #578
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,230
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    The so called mediocre team again outclasses SA at their home. Well done . Pak looked fresh today and sensible mostly due to coolness of their captain.Hasan will need to come back for Shinwari though as I'm not sold on him yet.
    Hasan needs to sort out a few things. ATM far away from being a regular. He needs to bowl fast and forget about the rest.

  19. #579
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    2,046
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I guess @Mamoon has run out of excuses to describe South African defeats this series.

    Will be quite humiliating for him, if Pakistan manages to win on Wednesday
    Wouldn't be wrong to say then that he deserves this humiliation.

  20. #580
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,829
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    UKS takes MOFTM xD


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  21. #581
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have a translator.

  22. #582
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,297
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @Titan24 @Usman Chadda @topspin @MRSN

    Did you like that finish ?
    Outstanding victory. Malik was tremendous in maintaining pressure on the new players coming in.

  23. #583
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    114
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usman shinwari should remain for next ODI.

  24. #584
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,280
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Outstanding victory. Malik was tremendous in maintaining pressure on the new players coming in.
    Malik talking about taking wickets in his interview now. A safe pair of hands till the WC. Then a young player can be made captain.

  25. #585
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    1,586
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Malik talking about taking wickets in his interview now. A safe pair of hands till the WC. Then a young player can be made captain.
    yup he said you can't contain the batsman and need to be looking to get wickets etc.

    if only sarfraz. . . . . .

  26. #586
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Malik talking about taking wickets in his interview now. A safe pair of hands till the WC. Then a young player can be made captain.
    Yes, i found it to be passive aggressive against saifi, who would have rather controlled runs than going this aggressive

  27. #587
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,280
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    yup he said you can't contain the batsman and need to be looking to get wickets etc.

    if only sarfraz. . . . . .
    That's we should do. We can chase low totals so may as well look to restrict teams.

  28. #588
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    4,614
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USMAN SHINWARI produced a devastating spell of reverse swing bowling to blow away the Standard Bank Proteas middle and lower order and put Pakistan on their way to a series-levelling eight-wicket win in the fourth Momentum ODI at the Bidvest Wanderers Stadium on Sunday.

    The seventh edition of the PinkDay ODI was the first one in which the Proteas had finished up on the losing side and they produced a performance that was well below par for this iconic occasion.

    Shinwari took three wickets in four balls and overall four wickets in six balls spread over two overs that was key to a collapse that saw the Proteas lose eight wickets for 45 runs in 15 overs and were bowled out after only one over of the final power play.

    The collapse was started by two unsung heroes in the two Pakistan spinners, Imad Wasim and Shadab Khan, who between them got rid of Hashim Amla and Faf du Plessis who shared a third wicket partnership of 101.

    In truth, it was a complete all-round performance by all five Pakistan bowlers, expertly directed by the experienced Shoaib Malik, Pakistanís stand-in captain for the suspended Sarfraz Ahmed.

    It had looked from the start as if it was not quite going to be the Proteas day after Quinton de Kock, playing his 100th ODI, was dismissed without scoring and then Reeza Hendricks was unlucky to be caught down the leg side behind the wicket. Both these wickets fell to Shaheen Afridi who had done a similar job to the Proteas top order in the Kingsmead match.

    Amla (59 off 75 balls, 7 fours that included his 1 000th run against Pakistan in the ODI format) and Du Plessis (57 off 76 balls, 5 fours and a six) resisted for a while but that was as good as it got for the Proteas.

    Pakistan put the possibility of a Proteas fightback to bed with an opening stand of 70 between Imam-ul-Haq and Fakhar Zaman with the former consolidating his position as the leading runs scorer in the series before being dismissed with the scores level (71 off 91 balls, 6 fours and a six).

    The result tied up the series at 2-2 with the decider to be played at PPC Newlands on Wednesday (13h00 start CAT).

    Shinwari was named Momentum Man of the Match.

    The PinkDay at the Wanderers raised R1 115 000 with more to come from associated activities.

  29. #589
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,829
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last 2 years best bowling averages for Pakistan

    1. UKS
    2. Hasan Ali
    3. Junaid Khan


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  30. #590
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    6,205
    Mentioned
    439 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remember mamoon saying he would be the first one to acknowledge the team if they won the ODI series in SA, to which I laughed, and we will see what excuse he comes up with today.


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  31. #591
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    1,905
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    Remember mamoon saying he would be the first one to acknowledge the team if they won the ODI series in SA, to which I laughed, and we will see what excuse he comes up with today.
    Pakistan deserve this humiliation.

  32. #592
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    6,418
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t remember how many MoMs Shinwari has got since his return. Must be around 3-5 including T20s

  33. #593
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,829
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    I don’t remember how many MoMs Shinwari has got since his return. Must be around 3-5 including T20s
    Apparently he has got wickets be it either top order against SL, Zim etc. or tail enders


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  34. #594
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,297
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Malik talking about taking wickets in his interview now. A safe pair of hands till the WC. Then a young player can be made captain.
    Very impressive. Malik and Hafeez are both sharp readers of the game. If Malik wins Pakistan the series on Wednesday, there will be an uproar in the media about kicking off Sarfraz for good.

    Also we don't have much time to prepare a young player for the time after the WC. Let's just enjoy the win rather than run around in circles again

  35. #595
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    114
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does anyone reckon Hasan Ali will be back for the last ODI? Or same combination will remain?

  36. #596
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    6,418
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mesmerizer85 View Post
    So does anyone reckon Hasan Ali will be back for the last ODI? Or same combination will remain?
    Its either him or Amir but whatever Malik decides will be for the best.

  37. #597
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    6,205
    Mentioned
    439 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Pakistan deserve this humiliation.
    Whilst writing paragraphs about India’s greatness when the subject at hand has nothing to do about it!


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  38. #598
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,829
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Very impressive. Malik and Hafeez are both sharp readers of the game. If Malik wins Pakistan the series on Wednesday, there will be an uproar in the media about kicking off Sarfraz for good.

    Also we don't have much time to prepare a young player for the time after the WC. Let's just enjoy the win rather than run around in circles again
    Exactly. There will be no reason not to kick Sarfraz out. Rizwan has been better in terms of form and Malik has more experience and is better tactacian


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  39. #599
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    114
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #MakeMalikCaptain

  40. #600
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    802
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Wouldn't be wrong to say then that he deserves this humiliation.
    There is always mother of all excuses the opposition team is not very good team.


  41. #601
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    114
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is a pathetic captain with no tactics or strategy, he puts more pressure on his players instead of releasing pressure in his players like captain is supposed to.

  42. #602
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    7,202
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was one helluva win for Pak. For once we did not struggle chasing a rather small score. The bowling set it up nicely again restricting RSA to a very low score. At half time was still feeling it was gonna be a close match seeing our batting never makes it easy. Suddenly the batting is clicking nicely where as the bowling is mostly from above average to excellent. Seems as if Sarfaraz's absence has had a positive impact on the side. We must win the decider now for this win to mean anything.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  43. #603
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    1,905
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    Whilst writing paragraphs about India’s greatness when the subject at hand has nothing to do about it!
    Exactly. Talking about Kohliís achievement and Indiaís perfomance in a match thread of SA VS PAK

  44. #604
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    269
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA batting looks fragile. Shinwari bowling didn't look anything special. More of a case of poor batting. Not sure why they are not playing Markram.
    Last edited by yuvi; 27th January 2019 at 21:28.

  45. #605
    Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    1,101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid Work by Pakistan! I watched few overs and was impressed by Malik captaincy...cool composed. Much much better than chaos that Sarfraz brings!

  46. #606
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,280
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Very impressive. Malik and Hafeez are both sharp readers of the game. If Malik wins Pakistan the series on Wednesday, there will be an uproar in the media about kicking off Sarfraz for good.

    Also we don't have much time to prepare a young player for the time after the WC. Let's just enjoy the win rather than run around in circles again
    Exactly. Even if Malik fails , he will be gone after the WC. If a young player fails at the WC they could be crucified and mentally scared.

  47. #607
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,358
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Apney paraney hero ko maaf kar do. All players have bad patches no matter how long. It was dumb decision by Pak management to make him captain in all three formats on back of the champions trophy. He cracked up with burden.
    maaf kiya. I like him. And you are right. He is burdened with too much.

    Having said that, some self reflection on his part is in order.

  48. #608
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    246
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally an all round performance from Pakistan which is very rare nowadays. Well done Team Pak

  49. #609
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    802
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    maaf kiya. I like him. And you are right. He is burdened with too much.

    Having said that, some self reflection on his part is in order.
    And I agree too he should have said to PCB himself to relieve him from test captaincy or other formats. He allowed himself to lose confidence and lose fans.

  50. #610
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,452
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Been ages since we saw a completely dominant performance from the Pakistani bowlers.

    It just shows that the bowlers we have are not bad and that with good intelligent Kane Williamson type captaincy they can be much more effective

  51. #611
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    1,586
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Been ages since we saw a completely dominant performance from the Pakistani bowlers.

    It just shows that the bowlers we have are not bad and that with good intelligent Kane Williamson type captaincy they can be much more effective
    it all comes down to how you use them

    the way malik just continued with imad and shadab was impressive and then field placements were a breath of fresh air

  52. #612
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,452
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    it all comes down to how you use them

    the way malik just continued with imad and shadab was impressive and then field placements were a breath of fresh air
    Also helps to have a captain not constantly chirping away at them on every delivery, for every mistake or boundary

  53. #613
    Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    7,184
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is Mamoon? Can't wait for him to predict 3-2 to South Africa in this thread somewhere lol.

    Well played boys, I would still have Hassan over Shinwari in the team though for the last game.

  54. #614
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,861
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb victory! Really happy. Shame I couldn't watch the match at work but it was great following it on my phone, when the collapse happened I couldn't believe it. SA were 5 down then I didn't check my phone for a while, next thing I knew they were all out and Shinwari had taken 4 wickets!! Pakistan Zindabad!

  55. #615
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    Central Valley Area, CA
    Runs
    258
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has to look carefully at what they did right, and try to repeat it. They have been capable but have simply not executed. Imam seems to be coming into his own and Babar has stayed relatively consistent throughout this series.

  56. #616
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    1,269
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these people praising Malik will be the same ones who will show him the door if Pakistan start losing lol

    He did well today but itís too late to change your captain before the WC.

  57. #617
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    902
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if this is true, but I thought a while ago Malik made it pretty clear a while ago that he didn't want to be captain?

  58. #618
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    4,440
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid win

    Should have won the last one and won the series today

  59. #619
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    76,756
    Mentioned
    5080 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    South Africa misread the pitch. Wanderers is usually a flat wicket where the team batting first tends to post 280+, but there was a lot of spin on offer yesterday. South African batsmen were surprised with the two paced nature of the pitch and the amount of turn that was on offer.

    Du Plessis was the big culprit because he over-attacked and over-estimated the total that South Africa would need to defend. 250-260 would have been defendable, but he went for too many shots and paid the price. Once he was back in the pavilion, the new batsmen could not adjust to the conditions easily and Malik deserves credit for attacking them.

    We cannot extrapolate much from Pakistan's batting performance because the South Africans had already conceded defeat at the end of the first innings. Their shoulders had dropped and there was hardly any bite in their bowling.

    There is a lot of talk over the massive hole that de Villiers has left, but another major problem for South Africa is the decline of Imran Tahir. At 39, he is done in international cricket. Over the last 12 months, apart from a 6 wicket in haul in Zimbabwe, he has been awful against other teams.

    On a pitch like this, a younger Tahir would have been all over any opposition and could have made 164 look like 224, but South Africa do not have that luxury anymore. On turning wickets, they can no longer defend below par totals which will dent their ODI record in Asia over the coming years.

  60. #620
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    13,297
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    South Africa misread the pitch. Wanderers is usually a flat wicket where the team batting first tends to post 280+, but there was a lot of spin on offer yesterday. South African batsmen were surprised with the two paced nature of the pitch and the amount of turn that was on offer.

    Du Plessis was the big culprit because he over-attacked and over-estimated the total that South Africa would need to defend. 250-260 would have been defendable, but he went for too many shots and paid the price. Once he was back in the pavilion, the new batsmen could not adjust to the conditions easily and Malik deserves credit for attacking them.

    We cannot extrapolate much from Pakistan's batting performance because the South Africans had already conceded defeat at the end of the first innings. Their shoulders had dropped and there was hardly any bite in their bowling.

    There is a lot of talk over the massive hole that de Villiers has left, but another major problem for South Africa is the decline of Imran Tahir. At 39, he is done in international cricket. Over the last 12 months, apart from a 6 wicket in haul in Zimbabwe, he has been awful against other teams.

    On a pitch like this, a younger Tahir would have been all over any opposition and could have made 164 look like 224, but South Africa do not have that luxury anymore. On turning wickets, they can no longer defend below par totals which will dent their ODI record in Asia over the coming years.
    Why can't you just admit Pakistan completely outplayed South Africa, and has exceeded our expectations for this series. Is it that hard to be objective when it comes to Pakistan, or the other team always has to be on their worst day for Pakistan to manage a win?

  61. #621
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    1,829
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    South Africa misread the pitch. Wanderers is usually a flat wicket where the team batting first tends to post 280+, but there was a lot of spin on offer yesterday. South African batsmen were surprised with the two paced nature of the pitch and the amount of turn that was on offer.

    Du Plessis was the big culprit because he over-attacked and over-estimated the total that South Africa would need to defend. 250-260 would have been defendable, but he went for too many shots and paid the price. Once he was back in the pavilion, the new batsmen could not adjust to the conditions easily and Malik deserves credit for attacking them.

    We cannot extrapolate much from Pakistan's batting performance because the South Africans had already conceded defeat at the end of the first innings. Their shoulders had dropped and there was hardly any bite in their bowling.

    There is a lot of talk over the massive hole that de Villiers has left, but another major problem for South Africa is the decline of Imran Tahir. At 39, he is done in international cricket. Over the last 12 months, apart from a 6 wicket in haul in Zimbabwe, he has been awful against other teams.

    On a pitch like this, a younger Tahir would have been all over any opposition and could have made 164 look like 224, but South Africa do not have that luxury anymore. On turning wickets, they can no longer defend below par totals which will dent their ODI record in Asia over the coming years.
    Firstly Shaheen Shah's 2 wickets inside the power play had South Africa in big trouble. The wicket of de Kock was key their. Secondly du Plessis and Amla did tried to put pressure on in the middle but Shadab and Imad kept it tight and kept putting the pressure on. I don't consider Amla a game changer in ODIs. So all the pressure was on du Plessis and he had to release it by attacking - courtesy Malik's great captaincy with spin bowlers. After that Malik went for the kill and it paid off.

    A great performance overall from Pakistan.


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

  62. #622
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    787
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    South Africa misread the pitch. Wanderers is usually a flat wicket where the team batting first tends to post 280+, but there was a lot of spin on offer yesterday. South African batsmen were surprised with the two paced nature of the pitch and the amount of turn that was on offer.

    Du Plessis was the big culprit because he over-attacked and over-estimated the total that South Africa would need to defend. 250-260 would have been defendable, but he went for too many shots and paid the price. Once he was back in the pavilion, the new batsmen could not adjust to the conditions easily and Malik deserves credit for attacking them.

    We cannot extrapolate much from Pakistan's batting performance because the South Africans had already conceded defeat at the end of the first innings. Their shoulders had dropped and there was hardly any bite in their bowling.

    There is a lot of talk over the massive hole that de Villiers has left, but another major problem for South Africa is the decline of Imran Tahir. At 39, he is done in international cricket. Over the last 12 months, apart from a 6 wicket in haul in Zimbabwe, he has been awful against other teams.

    On a pitch like this, a younger Tahir would have been all over any opposition and could have made 164 look like 224, but South Africa do not have that luxury anymore. On turning wickets, they can no longer defend below par totals which will dent their ODI record in Asia over the coming years.
    You're just salty because u thought pakistan would get thrashed in this series and now you're saying their team is weak just to make your argument justified.
    Just admit pakistan thrashed them in the 4th odi. I think they'll do the same in the 5th

  63. #623
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    27,775
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @Titan24 @Usman Chadda @topspin @MRSN

    Did you like that finish ?
    It was a fitting end to a wonderful day.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not ‚Äď that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  64. #624
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    27,775
    Mentioned
    410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Future_Knick View Post
    All these people praising Malik will be the same ones who will show him the door if Pakistan start losing lol

    He did well today but it’s too late to change your captain before the WC.
    I don't mind a captain who shows grace the way he carries himself and how he treats his players and thinks outside the box. Losing is part of the game but Sarfraz behaved like a true bully on the field and his tactics were written all pre planned. He is not even sharp as people make him out to be. He was just lucky to be captain of the team that had match winners to defeat any side on given day. Sarfraz used this win to boost his big ego and show his true street cricketer nature. This is not some gully mohallah cricket. It's international cricket. Players have already so many critics and selectors watching their game closely. They don't need their captain constantly yelling at them. Sarfraz is the worst captain to ever captain a test side.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not ‚Äď that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  65. #625
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    29,452
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I just love how Mamoon rubs every Pakistani defeat in like salt on wounds but goes out of his way to make excuses for the opposition every time Pakistan comes out on top.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •