Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 74 of 74
  1. #1
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik and Sarfaraz Ahmad - They must go before the 2019 World Cup

    It is such a shame that the mediocre players like Mohammaz Hafeez and Shoaib Malik managed to play cricket for Pakistan Cricket team for such a long time.

    How did we allow some one who averages mid thirties to play as middle order batsman for such a long time. Both of them are not used as a bowler in the team and there is no way they should play as middle order batsman in the team.

    When Hafeez retired from Test cricket then Cricinfo published an article stating "What Hafeez career tells us about the failure of Pakistan Cricket" rather than an article celebrating his career.

    Sarfraz is a complete idiot. He is the worst captain ever to play Cricket, his shouting makes me want to break my tv and he obviously has forgotten how to bat now. We should give extended run to Rizwan, who is a gun players and averages almost 50 in List A.

    A middle order consisting of Hafeez, Shoaib and Sarfraz is a joke and we will stand absolutely no chance with this pathetic middle order in the worldcup.

    It is now time to get rid of all three of them or atleast Safraz and either Hafeez or Shoaib if we they can play the ODIs and bowl ten overs. If they are not capable of bowling ten overs then they definitely cant play as specialist batsman.

    We must try new players Shan Masood, Usman Saluhuddin, Abid Ali, Saad Ali, Harris Sohail, Fawad Alam (Yes thats right, his strike rate is same as Hafeezin ODIs, Go and check), Sami Aslam. Try any one but we must try.

    Both Shoaib and Hafeez are almost 40 now. They were mediocre, they are mediocre and they will remain mediocre so I appeal to all the fans to unite and start sending tweets and email. Make noise on social media and lets make it happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    776
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problem with pak batting is no composure, no big hitters, no batting depth, no half decent alroundrs, no top order, no middlr order, no lower order.
    Even bigger problem is bowling, pacers bowl slower than indian spinners, not even india had so many slow medium pacers in the 90's. Spinners unable to spin and every other ball is illegal. Less said about the wicket keeping depth the better. Pathetic stuff.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2006
    Runs
    269
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    Problem with pak batting is no composure, no big hitters, no batting depth, no half decent alroundrs, no top order, no middlr order, no lower order.
    Even bigger problem is bowling, pacers bowl slower than indian spinners, not even india had so many slow medium pacers in the 90's. Spinners unable to spin and every other ball is illegal. Less said about the wicket keeping depth the better. Pathetic stuff.
    Basically you are saying Pakistan are minnows?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    7,145
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They're going nowhere. Just have to accept it and hope for the best.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    216
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just replace Malik with Haris Sohail or Shan Masood and this team is good to go.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,747
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion for the World Cup - keep Malik for now out of these three, replace Hafeez with Shan Masood as that boy looks like heís ready for big time cricket, and bring in Umar Akmal as WK batsman but not as a front line batsman, play him as a lower order hitter.. the Moin Khan type role.

    As for Hafeez, you can write down now that he will score between 0-10 in at least 7 out of the 10 innings he plays at the World Cup - the other 3 innings will be all about proving a point and silencing critics, never mind trying to win the World Cup.. unless his good knocks come in the QF, SF and Final in successive games.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    662
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of the three we need to drop Malik and put up with the other two till World Cup as there is no time to make wholesale change so late in the game. Hafeez is 10 times better than Malik so technically makes the team on merit and Sarfaraz makes it based on the best Wicketkeeper/Batsman in Pakistan at this point in time. I hope Inzamam is either removed or told to drop Malik as he totally unbalances the ODI team.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,166
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna occur though we have been crying for years.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    27,089
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They are going nowhere, in fact there might be a scenario where previously discarded players make a comeback.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    15,020
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez isn't going anywhere, he had a good series

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,603
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez is a vital member of our team and just had a good series, he is a going nowhere. He is the 6th bowler, a good finisher if used properly and can build an innings also. He should remain till the World Cup.

    As proven, no matter how bad has Sarfraz Ahmed performed recently. looking at Rizwan it seems he still is the best WK batsman in Pakistan and he has some good performances in England most importantly, thus he too should remain till World Cup.

    Shoaib Malik should be dropped now, he hasn't performed against Top Teams out of UAE for eternity and doesn't bowl any more. Haris Sohail has been sitting out mostly because of injuries but even when he was fit he wasn't given enough chances despite him performing every time he played in the few matches he got, he should replace Malik in this lineup.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,953
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hafeez has been decent. He has accelerated well and is integral to our plans. Malik doesnít offer much and needs to be axed.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    104,365
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Mediocre senior player power rules in pakistani cricket and always has and this is why we continue to fail individually and as a team.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    544
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh yaar...we were saying this after 2015 World Cup...and here we are.

    This is Pak Cricket...you should know this by now.

    These cricketers hang onto their careers like maggotts until they're thrown out.

    Then ...they cry foul!

    They have absolute no idea of 'life after cricket'...so keep dragging the 'lash'!

    This issue is also rife in Pak first class structure...i.e. Aizaz Cheema?

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,427
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your cricket will never improve if these 3 are your middle order bats in LO cricket.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Mohammad Hafeez is a vital member of our team and just had a good series, he is a going nowhere. He is the 6th bowler, a good finisher if used properly and can build an innings also. He should remain till the World Cup.

    As proven, no matter how bad has Sarfraz Ahmed performed recently. looking at Rizwan it seems he still is the best WK batsman in Pakistan and he has some good performances in England most importantly, thus he too should remain till World Cup.

    Shoaib Malik should be dropped now, he hasn't performed against Top Teams out of UAE for eternity and doesn't bowl any more. Haris Sohail has been sitting out mostly because of injuries but even when he was fit he wasn't given enough chances despite him performing every time he played in the few matches he got, he should replace Malik in this lineup.
    It is pathetic how people disregard someone entire career based on one match.

    Sarfraz list A average is 30 and Rizwan list A average is 50 so if you think Sarfraz is a better batsman than Rizwan then you need to take a course on common sense.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,603
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We Bleed Green View Post
    It is pathetic how people disregard someone entire career based on one match.

    Sarfraz list A average is 30 and Rizwan list A average is 50 so if you think Sarfraz is a better batsman than Rizwan then you need to take a course on common sense.
    One match? Go check again before saying something.

    Rizwan has played plenty of matches and he hasn't improved a single bit, he can only score against second class bowlers and fails in international cricket like no tomorrow. Its not one match but his batting cost us the entire series along with some other reasons. He is terrible against spin and no good against Fast bowlers and it is likely he continue to fail, same way Khurram Manzoor with an average of 50 did.

    Unfortunately there aren't good WK batsman available and Sarfraz despite being poor is the best, who scored 300 runs against England in England where the WC is, won MOM in Champions Trophy.

    If there are better options, Sarfraz should be dropped. If you are supporting a batsman like Rizwan you should take the course instead.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,411
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    My suggestion for the World Cup - keep Malik for now out of these three, replace Hafeez with Shan Masood as that boy looks like he’s ready for big time cricket, and bring in Umar Akmal as WK batsman but not as a front line batsman, play him as a lower order hitter.. the Moin Khan type role.

    As for Hafeez, you can write down now that he will score between 0-10 in at least 7 out of the 10 innings he plays at the World Cup - the other 3 innings will be all about proving a point and silencing critics, never mind trying to win the World Cup.. unless his good knocks come in the QF, SF and Final in successive games.
    malik doesn't bring anything to the table.

    hafeez is a better bat.

    solution would be to replace malik with haris/shan

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    4,131
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Drop Malik and Sarfraz it's obvious they don't make the team on merit whatsover.

    Replace Malik with Shan Masood and if Rizwan fails with the bat bring in Umar Akmal as WK batsman.

    Imam
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Shan
    Hafeez
    Rizwan/U.Akmal (wk) / Imad
    Imad/wk
    Hasan Ali
    Amir
    Specialist spinner - PSL find (Shadab's batting adds no value)
    Shaheen

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,749
    Mentioned
    1095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Malik 2.0 is a total fraud. He averages 29 against the top sides since his comeback. He's only good for SL/WI bashing. If Haris stays fit he must come in for Malik.

    We know Hafeez is going nowhere and as expected went missing in the decider, but he did bat fluently in this series. Managenent must insists he bats at 5 at the earliest.

    Sarfraz's form since becoming captain has been awful but given Rizwan looks a club level batter every time he plays international cricket we've no choice. I'd keep Sarfraz after the WC on condition he loses the captaincy as he was a good performer before taking on the job.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol, Hafeez and Malik are the only capable players of spin, and if we want to beat India who have two spinners, weíll need these 2 players.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hafeez and Malik are good enough to bat at #4 and #5 or ideally, at #6 and #5, respectively. Not only are they the two most experienced players in the team, they have been batting well for the last couple of years, even though Malik has lost his form. Additionally, they can both bowl and are good enough to bowl ten overs between them to a non-subcontinent team.

    Sarfaraz however, needs to go if Rizwan proves that he's the better keeper and batsman. He should not get the captaincy back in any case.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Malik 2.0 is a total fraud. He averages 29 against the top sides since his comeback. He's only good for SL/WI bashing. If Haris stays fit he must come in for Malik.

    We know Hafeez is going nowhere and as expected went missing in the decider, but he did bat fluently in this series. Managenent must insists he bats at 5 at the earliest.

    Sarfraz's form since becoming captain has been awful but given Rizwan looks a club level batter every time he plays international cricket we've no choice. I'd keep Sarfraz after the WC on condition he loses the captaincy as he was a good performer before taking on the job.
    Pakistan needs to beat Sri Lanka and West Indies in order to get to the semis. Malik needs to stay. He also loves batting against India and is a versatile batsman. There are other benefits to having him in the side, as captain.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,833
    Mentioned
    1882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Pakistan needs to beat Sri Lanka and West Indies in order to get to the semis. Malik needs to stay. He also loves batting against India and is a versatile batsman. There are other benefits to having him in the side, as captain.
    There is just the small matter of him averaging 28 in 2018, and he is looking even worse with each passing match.


    Age finally catching up with him


    Mein inko rolaonga

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,603
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Hafeez and Malik are good enough to bat at #4 and #5 or ideally, at #6 and #5, respectively. Not only are they the two most experienced players in the team, they have been batting well for the last couple of years, even though Malik has lost his form. Additionally, they can both bowl and are good enough to bowl ten overs between them to a non-subcontinent team.

    Sarfaraz however, needs to go if Rizwan proves that he's the better keeper and batsman. He should not get the captaincy back in any case.
    Haris Sohail can bowl too and is a much better batsman than Shoaib Malik, he should replace him. How he sits on the bench when fit, averaging 60 in his last 10-15 international innings while Malik or even M Hafeez play is beyond me.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,833
    Mentioned
    1882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Haris Sohail can bowl too and is a much better batsman than Shoaib Malik, he should replace him. How he sits on the bench when fit, averaging 60 in his last 10-15 international innings while Malik or even M Hafeez play is beyond me.
    He could called from the bench but injured himself while getting up and is now out for four months. Get with the times Arsalan


    Mein inko rolaonga

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,603
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    He could called from the bench but injured himself while getting up and is now out for four months. Get with the times Arsalan
    Then, Shoaib Malik should only be in the team to carry Haris Sohail from the bench to the field or vice versa like he did with Babar Azam in T20I game. No matter how, a talent like Haris Sohail being wasted in Pakistan where we hardly find good batsmen is criminal to him and everyone with him.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,145
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If someone had predicted in 1999 that malik would play intnl cricket for 20 years mainly as a frontline batter youd have said hes totally mad

    But thats what has happened It baffles me how someone as mediocre as him couldve made a career like he has

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,747
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Haris Sohail can bowl too and is a much better batsman than Shoaib Malik, he should replace him. How he sits on the bench when fit, averaging 60 in his last 10-15 international innings while Malik or even M Hafeez play is beyond me.
    He's a decent batsman is Haris Sohail but he has more injuries than even Shoaib Akhtar did.


    "Lack of Form is Temporary, Lack of Class is Permanent" -- dedicated to The Honorable Professor.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,603
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    He could called from the bench but injured himself while getting up and is now out for four months. Get with the times Arsalan
    Even when he was fit and could get up from the bench himself he was given last 1-2 matches in a series, where he would prove to be the highest run scorer. Haris Sohail's career has been damaged due to many reasons and it will remain a mystery what could he have achieved if everything out of cricket was in favour of him.
    Last edited by Arsalan Pro; 1st February 2019 at 00:23.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    662
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    If someone had predicted in 1999 that malik would play intnl cricket for 20 years mainly as a frontline batter youd have said hes totally mad

    But thats what has happened It baffles me how someone as mediocre as him couldve made a career like he has
    Sad affairs of Pakistan Cricket......

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Even when he was fit and could get up from the bench himself he was given last 1-2 matches in a series, where he would prove to be the highest run scorer. Haris Sohail's career has been damaged due to many reasons and it will remain a mystery what could he have achieved if everything out of cricket was in favour of him.
    Heís only played 25 games and his SR is almost touching the 70ís, just another Azhar Ali type of player, and we have too many of them.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,833
    Mentioned
    1882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Even when he was fit and could get up from the bench himself he was given last 1-2 matches in a series, where he would prove to be the highest run scorer. Haris Sohail's career has been damaged due to many reasons and it will remain a mystery what could he have achieved if everything out of cricket was in favour of him.
    Think he is injured and out of the WC, or atleast PSL and maybe Aus series as well. Think PCB and Inzi will not gamble with him in the squad considering his injury record and the fact that he would be playing the WC after several months of injury layoff. Other issue is his fitness levels have only decreased in each subsequent return. If you have weak knees the last thing you want to do is packing on more pounds but that simple logic does not get through to Haris.


    Mein inko rolaonga

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,603
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YousafTheBeast View Post
    He’s only played 25 games and his SR is almost touching the 70’s, just another Azhar Ali type of player, and we have too many of them.
    His strike rate is 82, which is decent enough. Babar's is 84 and he is a quality batsman, atleast he will score big runs and prevent Pakistani batting lineup falling like a pack of cards. Also we don't have batsmen who can score consistently and play at a 90-100 strike rate, thus a batsman averaging in 60s for past few matches and 45 overall with a strike rate 82 is gold for us.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,603
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Think he is injured and out of the WC, or atleast PSL and maybe Aus series as well. Think PCB and Inzi will not gamble with him in the squad considering his injury record and the fact that he would be playing the WC after several months of injury layoff. Other issue is his fitness levels have only decreased in each subsequent return. If you have weak knees the last thing you want to do is packing on more pounds but that simple logic does not get through to Haris.
    Is agree, also they have to announce World Cup squad before the England tour. This means our World Cup Squad will be playing Warm-up games against the Best side in ODI cricket at it's home and the venue for WC, thus it will be even tougher for Haris Sohail to break in the squad for that tour if he isn't fit before it but it's not like we have many other options sitting out either. I can only hope he is there as his batting will be vital to our success in my opinion.

  36. #36
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,090
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way we can afford to drop Hafeez 2.0. The guy has been in top form of late (played a couple of match winning innings against NZ?) and is a must for WC. Malik, on the other hand, can be replaced by Harris Sohail if the the former can get his fitness in order!

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    16,404
    Mentioned
    729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    If someone had predicted in 1999 that malik would play intnl cricket for 20 years mainly as a frontline batter youd have said hes totally mad

    But thats what has happened It baffles me how someone as mediocre as him couldve made a career like he has
    Unbelievable stuff.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So only an injury can now prevent Sarfraz from playing the Worldcup.

    But lets get united to throw away garbage batsman like Shoaib and Hafeez where they belong and that is in rubbish truck.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,240
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We Bleed Green View Post
    So only an injury can now prevent Sarfraz from playing the Worldcup.

    But lets get united to throw away garbage batsman like Shoaib and Hafeez where they belong and that is in rubbish truck.
    It’s a big ask, but if we prepare the right sort of pitches at home for the upcoming five odi series against Australia, both of these guys should be out.
    They will Most likely fail against England in the five odis, but by then the squad would have been selected

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    If someone had predicted in 1999 that malik would play intnl cricket for 20 years mainly as a frontline batter youd have said hes totally mad

    But thats what has happened It baffles me how someone as mediocre as him couldve made a career like he has
    You are not the only one baffled here. It is mind blowing that he has managed to play almost 300 ODIs.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    2,991
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seniors ain't going nowhere.
    We gotta deal with it.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur has said the following.

    Hafeez, Malik at the World Cup?

    "The senior players will play a massive role at the World Cup. In big tournaments, you need guys who have been there and done it. I hope Hafeez and Malik have exceptional World Cups, because if they do, we'll be getting enough runs to put pressure on the opposition. I'm still of the opinion that our bowling attack won us the Champions Trophy and we have to get that up to the mark again. Our batters will complement the bowling attack"

    This is desperate times. We must make noise on Twitter to get these two useless seniors get dropped.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guyz

    We need to start an organised campaign on social media with memes, pictures, stats, facts to expose Shoaib and Hafeez particularly Shoaib.

    We know Sarfraz will lead us sadly.

    We can afford Hafeez only and only if he can bowl ten overs and play as an all rounder. If he bowls 3 or four or even 9 overs then this is not good enough. He must bowl ten overs and play as fifth bowler. If not then we have him playing as batman.

    Shoaib bowling is mediocre and batting is pathetic. We must select some one else. We must drop him

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,603
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We Bleed Green View Post
    Guyz

    We need to start an organised campaign on social media with memes, pictures, stats, facts to expose Shoaib and Hafeez particularly Shoaib.

    We know Sarfraz will lead us sadly.

    We can afford Hafeez only and only if he can bowl ten overs and play as an all rounder. If he bowls 3 or four or even 9 overs then this is not good enough. He must bowl ten overs and play as fifth bowler. If not then we have him playing as batman.

    Shoaib bowling is mediocre and batting is pathetic. We must select some one else. We must drop him
    Shoaib Malik will be in the squad as he is too big to drop for Mickey Arthur, but not necessarily in the playing XI. I hope Haris Sohail gets fit and plays instead of him.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    16,031
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So called seniors are bigger than the team. Theyíre not going anywhere.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Shoaib Malik will be in the squad as he is too big to drop for Mickey Arthur, but not necessarily in the playing XI. I hope Haris Sohail gets fit and plays instead of him.
    Whats the whole point then mate. We can only have 15 member squad for the cup

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only an injury can prevent Hafeez and Shoaib from playing and destroying our chances of winning the world cup now.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,367
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    After the world cup is over, all three should be discarded for good.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    557
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    After the world cup is over, all three should be discarded for good.
    Who would pick in place of Sarfaraz then?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,387
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So dumb.

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    32
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree.. If you take their ODI averages in England, it's even more pathetic.
    Malik's avg - 13.63 in 24 games.
    Hafeez's avg - 27.94 in 22 games.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,367
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean143 View Post
    Who would pick in place of Sarfaraz then?
    Some one young who could play 2023 WC. Sarfrazs individual performance is poor anyway. As a captain World cup should be his last assignment if he fails to win which is very likely.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad part of the story is that we actually have a 15 member squad in the country who can do really well but the squad which we are going to pick has no chance.

    We have Shan Masood, Saad Ali, Abid Ali, Fawad Alam, Umer Akmal. I am not fan of all five of them but all of them are better than Shoaib Malik and Hafeez.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    Some one young who could play 2023 WC. Sarfrazs individual performance is poor anyway. As a captain World cup should be his last assignment if he fails to win which is very likely.
    It is too late to replace Sarfraz at this stage now but we will know exactly what to do after the worldcup.

    He should not play Tests at any costs and his ODIs and T20 place will be decided after the worldcup

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    2,038
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't be surprised if Malik and Hafeez try to stay on till the 2023 WC and here we are discussing the 2019 WC.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,240
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    cummins vs malik

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    759
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly sarfraz and Hafeez can stay but malik needs to go.

    Against pace on any surface heís a dud. A walking wicket. Heís beyond awful. Drop malik and keep Hafeez at 6 and itís too late too change captains.

    Fakhar
    Imam
    Babar
    Haris
    Umar Akmal
    Hafeez
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Amir
    Hassan
    Afridi

    We are a bowler short of Hafeez does not bowl. Only reduction I can see is dropping haris for a all rounder. Umar Akmal canít be dropped heís the only dynamic batsman we have.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    3,205
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I know they're average, but trust me, your Qualifying chances are over with ouster of these three. Some time you need average experienced stars in the side just because of their ego. They'll make sure to win the game even when in their worst form.

    Secondly, the only players we have relied on in tough situations in the past few year have been these 3 in ODIs. Not to forget that the only ODI we won in Australia against Australia in ages was because of Malik/Hafeez and in England, against England because of Malik/Sarfraz. Notto mention Babar struggles the most in pressure situations.

    Its just that their presence is important atm. However, discard all 3 after the World Cup, with Malik already set to retire.

    Really hope Umar Akmal outshines in the Aussie series as he might win us a game against a good opposition too in the World Cup.

    Looking at the past records.

    Malik should definitely play against India and Afghanistan.

    1) India has been his favourite opposition, no need to say anything.

    2) Afghanistan really depends on spinners, they're definitely making my top 5 for the semi finalists. Taking them lightly would be the biggest mistake.

    Babar Azam against South Africa an Westindies

    1) Would love to see him scoring another 80 odd against his recent most favourite side and his all time favourite opposition.

    Umar Akmal vs Australia.

    1) Really hope he does well in the series, he can play a good knock as he's used to against the Aussies in the World Cup.

    Key players: Imam ul Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Muhammad Amir, Hassan Ali.

    Liabilities: Shadab Khan, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed.
    Last edited by super hitter; 16th March 2019 at 15:30.


    If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ideally Malik and Hafeez should both go but as the worst case scenario, only one of them should be picked

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,461
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah all should go and who will be your captain?

    When will you guys realize captaincy is not bachun ka khel (as evident by SA and recent Aus series) and its hell of a pressure to lead a team like Pakistan and Pakistan were no 8 when Sarfraz became captain so its not all his fault. Infact we have improved our ranking under him with a global trophy.

    You just cant replace your captain just this close to the world cup.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,953
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Yeah all should go and who will be your captain?

    When will you guys realize captaincy is not bachun ka khel (as evident by SA and recent Aus series) and its hell of a pressure to lead a team like Pakistan and Pakistan were no 8 when Sarfraz became captain so its not all his fault. Infact we have improved our ranking under him with a global trophy.

    You just cant replace your captain just this close to the world cup.
    Whilst we have improved in ODIS, I wonder why Safaraz captaincy has not been as effective in this format like it is in T20.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,833
    Mentioned
    1882 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Whilst we have improved in ODIS, I wonder why Safaraz captaincy has not been as effective in this format like it is in T20.
    IMO its because all his bowling resources are geared towards T20 cricket. Shadab and Imad are primarily T20 bowlers. Amir looks a different animal in T20s. Heck Fahim is the only pacer in top 10 ranking in T20s.


    So when all his weapons are built for a different fight how you expect him and the team to succeed.


    Bad planning and team selection.


    Mein inko rolaonga

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,953
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    IMO its because all his bowling resources are geared towards T20 cricket. Shadab and Imad are primarily T20 bowlers. Amir looks a different animal in T20s. Heck Fahim is the only pacer in top 10 ranking in T20s.


    So when all his weapons are built for a different fight how you expect him and the team to succeed.


    Bad planning and team selection.
    Think your right. Our batting isnít exposed as badly also.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik. Kuch Sharam ker and leave this team yourself,

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,427
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Serious teams don't carry average players like this for 2 years.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    88
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No shoaib malik should go now asap just break his knee cap and send him home and fly in umar akmal

  67. #67
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    15,020
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoaib Malik really let us down today. He's supposed to be 'eXpeRienCeD' yet he bowled a no ball (he's a spinner!) was awful in the fielding and crap with the bat. Match ka mujrim

  68. #68
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Hafeez and Malik are bits and pieces players of club levels who in any other cricket playing nation, wouldn't had had a career beyond carrying drinks and towels for the playing IX. They shrewdly masquerade themselves as all rounders just so that they can remain in the team on one pretext or another.

    Bigger cruelty is their continuing inclusion in the team by selectors over the past 20 years. It shows how deeply this defeatist mentality has taken roots in our selectors' minds when they continue to give these two ***** chances on the hopes that if their batting doesn't click, they may still come in handy as part time bowlers. This is in an age where all other teams have been focusing on developing specialist players for crucial aspects of the game i.e specialist batsmen, specialist bowlers. No wonder today we keep getting exposed both in batting and bowling departments even when facing minnows like afghanistan.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    3,894
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Araash View Post
    Both Hafeez and Malik are bits and pieces players of club levels who in any other cricket playing nation, wouldn't had had a career beyond carrying drinks and towels for the playing IX. They shrewdly masquerade themselves as all rounders just so that they can remain in the team on one pretext or another.

    Bigger cruelty is their continuing inclusion in the team by selectors over the past 20 years. It shows how deeply this defeatist mentality has taken roots in our selectors' minds when they continue to give these two ***** chances on the hopes that if their batting doesn't click, they may still come in handy as part time bowlers. This is in an age where all other teams have been focusing on developing specialist players for crucial aspects of the game i.e specialist batsmen, specialist bowlers. No wonder today we keep getting exposed both in batting and bowling departments even when facing minnows like afghanistan.
    Hafeez's case is bit too serious and shameful. An ordinary batsman who always failed as opener against quality bowling, only to make runs against Minnows in UAE wickets and managed to stay in the team. Was a useful bowler when he and Ajmal took many wickets in UAE by chucking. He was banned many times for chucking but kept in the team and waited out his ban time, only to be banned again. PCB rather than getting rid of him when banned supported him and kept in the team as no body could replace him .

  70. #70
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I warned so many times about these pathetic batemen. Shoaib Malik and Hafeez.

    What If...... What if we had played Harris instead of Malik. We could have won the game against Australia.

    What If we had not picked both of them, we could have done well and qualified for the Semis.

    Mediocre Batsmen made our middle order so weak. Their curse on Cricket must end now.

  71. #71
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,041
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    How these two played as long as they did for Pakistan is a mystery.

    Please let this be the end of their cancerous careers to the Pakistan cricket team. Both should have been doen after 2015 and we could have had some more young batsmen in the squad.


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,367
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    All 3 needs to be discarded now...they have costed us this world cup.

    Hafeez atleast won us the important game against England....the other two played according to expectations. Malik as always failed in England conditions and incompetent useless Sarfraz was busy hiding behind Hasan and Wahab.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,240
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He has finished the tournament with an average almost similar to his career average.
    A selector should certainly answer for why select a player:
    - who plays poorly against big teams
    - is not very good at handling pressure
    - has only on innings of note in major tournament

    A truly truly awful player. Good riddance to him and Malik.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    51
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by We Bleed Green View Post
    I warned so many times about these pathetic batemen. Shoaib Malik and Hafeez.

    What If...... What if we had played Harris instead of Malik. We could have won the game against Australia.

    What If we had not picked both of them, we could have done well and qualified for the Semis.

    Mediocre Batsmen made our middle order so weak. Their curse on Cricket must end now.
    You was right.

    I'm putting your name forward for inzys job. But only if u promise not to select family members


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •