Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SA bowled really well in last 10 overs. Especially last 4overs.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Vizag
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar's inning reminds of Sachin in 90s.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizag View Post
    Babar's inning reminds of Sachin in 90s.
    And the same way India used to lose when he used to get out after playing a gem of an inning as it happend with Pak team.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very clear from two games that Pakistan is a very good T20 team irrespective of these results. T20 is a youngsters game and just experience has no relevance. It's time for the team to blood more and more youngsters from first class circuit to get them international experience. That's what all other teams are doing. Get away from ranking focus and build a young team.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Bad captaincy cost this game, but given the position they were in, Malik with his 20 years of experience should have seen them through

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason we lost was because we didn’t have Sarfaraz. We need Sarfaraz back along with Saad, Saud and shaan. We need to kick out Azhar, Shoaib and Imad asap

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol.

We lost because besides Babar, no one knows how to chase.

You are 120 for 1 wicket after 12.5 overs and you lose and you blame captaincy?

Lmao.

People are seriously short of intelligence.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Asif Ali cannot be like Butler even if he takes help from Baba Bangali whose advertisement i keep seeing on some local cable channel. The only way Asif Ali could have anything in common with Butler is if actually becomes a butler for somebody. The way he walks back to the pavillion after getting dismissed for zilch makes me want to take Baba Bangali's services to teach him a lesson.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1009 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Surprised at all this crying. Outside T20 WCs the format is about experimentation.

However given our dire returns in the Test and ODI formats, we've developed a small time mentality by celebrating these mickey mouse bilateral T20I series wins like World Cups.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Surprised at all this crying. Outside T20 WCs the format is about experimentation.

However given our dire returns in the Test and ODI formats, we've developed a small time mentality by celebrating these mickey mouse bilateral T20I series wins like World Cups.
    Yes I agree with this. All this series has done is expose our LO batting even more not expose the captaincy.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly we lost due to Shinwari's terrible last over that cost us 20 runs or something. Had it not been for that catastrophe we most likely would have won it. Even when we were batting well it was almost certain we'd collapse after the big stand was over. We have had a very bad time losing to New Zealand and South Africa in both formats. Not saying we should bring back Sarfaraz, he won't make much of a difference at the moment. Feeling really concerned with the World Cup edging nearer by the day..

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post

This argument would make sense if we knew that we will win the T20 WC cup, because we lost this series against South Africa. But we know no such thing. We only know we have a captain who is tactically poor, batsmen of uneven quality said captain included, and some key bowlers who have collectively gone off color under the leadership of this new captain. Nor have we been particularly brave in experimenting with new talent in this series, Rizwan's token appearances apart. How that should give confidence for the WC I don't know.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa were 159-3 (19)
    Pakistan were 174-5 (19)

SA WON BY 7 RUNS

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing. Couldn't watch the majority of the match due to work but was following. I think UKS last over was the turning point for sure, gave lots of momentum to SA. Hussain Talat is getting hate and hearing he played a bad innings, tbh I'm not gonna even bother watching the highlights seeing as we lost the game, but I think the real match ka Mujrim was Shinwari, Talat is a young player and maybe we are being too harsh on him. But it's really bad to lose to a weakened SA team.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Disappointing. Couldn't watch the majority of the match due to work but was following. I think UKS last over was the turning point for sure, gave lots of momentum to SA. Hussain Talat is getting hate and hearing he played a bad innings, tbh I'm not gonna even bother watching the highlights seeing as we lost the game, but I think the real match ka Mujrim was Shinwari, Talat is a young player and maybe we are being too harsh on him. But it's really bad to lose to a weakened SA team.
    I don't think talat was being selfish. He just couldn't hit the ball. He was getting beaten like 3 times every over.
    He just wasn't able to make contact.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I missed 80% of the match but I mentioned around the start of this thread Shinwari cannot handle the pressure in international cricket. Taking him to WC will be a poor decision and playing him in the XI will turn out to be disastrous.

I'm not convinced Junaid Khan is an automatic starter but unlike Shinwari he can keep his head cool when the team needs it. He needs games under his belt and he bowled well in the Asia Cup games he played in.

The best replacement for Shaheen and Amir (be it due to injury or poor performance), is Junaid not Shinwari.

Similarly Faheem should be stand by for Hasan Ali if he is unavailable or injured. The 5 pace bowlers who should go to the WC are Shaheen, Amir, Hasan Ali, Junaid , Faheem and no one else.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I missed 80% of the match but I mentioned around the start of this thread Shinwari cannot handle the pressure in international cricket. Taking him to WC will be a poor decision and playing him in the XI will turn out to be disastrous.

I'm not convinced Junaid Khan is an automatic starter but unlike Shinwari he can keep his head cool when the team needs it. He needs games under his belt and he bowled well in the Asia Cup games he played in.

The best replacement for Shaheen and Amir (be it due to injury or poor performance), is Junaid not Shinwari.

Similarly Faheem should be stand by for Hasan Ali if he is unavailable or injured. The 5 pace bowlers who should go to the WC are Shaheen, Amir, Hasan Ali, Junaid , Faheem and no one else.
    They will try Mohammad Abbas against Aus.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    They will try Mohammad Abbas against Aus.
    If he is capable of swinging the new ball this could be a master stroke but I ssupect his lack of pace, height and variety will not help Pakistan's cause.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar need little rest...

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need sarfraz as team captain for backup gays

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pak think tank need to think on pak bowling combination

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think selector need to give rest to fakhar and replace it from bench

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think we need these five bowler in world cup if we want win Shaheen, Amir, Hasan Ali, Junaid , Faheem and no one else.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Bad captaincy cost this game, but given the position they were in, Malik with his 20 years of experience should have seen them through
    Even with the mess Talat created, 11 runs in 5 balls should have been scored.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Right-arm quick Lutho Sipamla was the most economical South Africa bowler on show on his international debut, and stand-in captain David Miller hailed his performance as 'absolutely incredible'.

Miller was however quick to admit his side could have bowled better in the second T20I against Pakistan, but says he’s thrilled with how his bowlers came back after Pakistan’s explosive start, sealing their win in the final over of the match.

“We didn’t start too well, but credit to our bowlers for really bringing it back," he said. "Shamsi came on and did incredibly well to bring their run rate down and then Sipamla in his first game was absolutely incredible. I was really pleased with the two of them.

South Africa claimed the series with their victory South Africa claimed the series with their victory
    It was a game Pakistan will feel they could have won, with the start afforded to them by Babar Azam (90 from 58 balls) and Hussain Talat (55 from 41 balls) ultimately squandered in the dying overs of the game. Miller, who picked up his second Player of the Match award in as many games, with his 65 from 29 balls providing some much-needed late impetus into the host’s innings, joked about his long-term credentials as captain after letting Pakistan get off to such a flyer in their response to South Africa’s 188/3.

“I thought I was the worst captain on the planet, to be honest, but they were always going to go hard in the Powerplay."

Andile Phehlukwayo celebrates another late wicket Andile Phehlukwayo celebrates another late wicket
    Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik admitted that in hindsight, his side should have had more of a plan on how to stunt Miller’s attack.

“He (Miller) was struggling throughout the ODI series, but he's a class player, and if he gets going we have to have two or three plans to stop him. He took the game away from us. We were in the game till the 15th over. Later we were expecting to chase about 160 but we gave away some extra runs.

"Every game is a new game, and a new opportunity. Whatever's happened has happened. If we get a similar situation in the coming games, the goal is to stay calm and not panic."

David Miller at his destructive best David Miller at his destructive best
    There were some flourishes from Pakistan, who were in control for large parts of the game before relinquishing their hold on it at key points. Malik highlighted the lack of support that bowlers like Imad Wasim received as a key reason his side weren’t able to contain South Africa in the final overs of their innings.

“Of course, if someone bowls three overs in the Powerplay and contains the batsmen, he's an exceptional talent. We needed a couple of other guys to perform that way. You need three/four bowlers to do well, and then you end up chasing 160 rather than 180.”

Despite the brilliance of Babar Azam and Hussain Talat with the bat for Pakistan, Malik was left frustrated that such a promising start wasn’t converted in to a win that would have kept the series alive.

Babar Azam on the charge during his rapid 90 Babar Azam on the charge during his rapid 90
    "It was an exceptional game, but you wanted to win the game. Not like the previous one. This time we had the game, but we couldn't hit the last couple of boundaries. He (Azam) is a class player. The game shouldn't have gone to the 20th over, the set batsman should finish the game. The partnership was excellent, but finishing crucial games is where we're lacking. We're going to sit and talk about it, particularly the last overs.”

The teams now move on to SuperSport Park on Wednesday, 6 February for the final match in this series.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1047571

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Even with the mess Talat created, 11 runs in 5 balls should have been scored.
    Exactly. By blaming Shinwari’s final over and Talat’s batting, fans are ignoring the actual issue.
    15 runs from 6 balls should be doable, these days, especially in T20s

The blame should be on Damadji, fair and square

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul2020 View Post
    Exactly. By blaming Shinwari’s final over and Talat’s batting, fans are ignoring the actual issue.

David Miller: Andile kept telling me ‘Don’t worry, I’ve got this’

The tourists need 15 runs off that last over on Sunday at the Wanderers.

Andile Phehlukwayo allowed them to score seven, mixing up his pace superbly and picking up two wickets in the process.

The seven-run win wrapped up the series for the home side, and inflicted a first T20 series defeat on Pakistan in their last 11 in the shortest format.

That underlines just what an achievement this is for the South Africans, one claimed without a host of star players who are being rested ahead of the Tests and ODIs against Sri Lanka coming up in a few weeks’ time.

“It’s very, very satisfying. There are a lot of new guys in the side, two guys playing in their first game today,” Miller said.

“(Lutho) Sipamla bowled incredibly well, and (Janneman) Malan showed that he belonged here, so that’s really good signs for the future of the Proteas.”

Indeed 20-year-old Sipamla, along with Tabraiz Shamsi, helped reign in Pakistan after Babar Azam had provided an explosive start in the first five overs of the Power Play.

Babar’s was an innings packed with outrageous strokeplay, serving to underline just why Mickey Arthur keeps saying he’ll be among the sport’s elite batsmen very soon.

He finished with 90 (58 balls, 13x4, 1x6), but the skill employed by the South African bowlers towards the end of the chase ensured the innings was in vain.

Earlier, Miller had produced a punishing last over to take the Proteas beyond the target of 170, which they had set for themselves during a half-an-hour break for rain.

“Getting over 180 was a real bonus,” said Miller.

He’d provided that bonus, taking 28 runs – there was an extra via a no-ball from Usman Shinwari too – that ultimately took the game beyond Pakistan.

“That over changed the game,” Arthur acknowledged. “We didn’t bowl according to our plans, and in that over, we bowled in his area.”

Miller, who finished not out on 65 (29 balls, 4x4, 5x6) agreed.

“You’ve got to swing from the hip at that stage – I took him down the first two balls.

“I just tried to set myself, hit my areas and he bowled in certain areas that I enjoy. I just tried to hit it as far as possible.”

Miller was captaining his country for the first time, with Faf du Plessis being given a break, and admitted it wasn’t only the last few overs of the match that were tense.

“The first six overs were more stressful than the back four; the guys bowled incredibly well after the start we had.”

He changed the pre-innings plan by employing Shamsi at the end of the Power Play. “That was something different that we had to try at that stage. They’d scored (63) in the first five overs, and Shammo got us back into it very well with that over.”

Shamsi conceded seven runs in that sixth over and three in the eighth to get the Proteas back in the game.

Around those two overs, Sipamla conceded eight runs in his first two overs, further showing off the potential that first gained prominence during the Mzansi Super League.

Thanks to that, South Africa had a sniff before the last two overs bowled by Chris Morris and Phehlukwayo.

Morris conceded 12, but picked up two wickets in the 19th, and then came Phehlukwayo.

“It doesn’t get better as a player,” said Miller. “You prepare for moments like that, you long for them, because it’s so rewarding.

“Credit goes to (Andile), he’s been prepping really well... he’s got a level head, a lot of variations, and he pulled them out tonight.”

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/cricket/...-this-19111291
    Last edited by MenInG; 6th February 2019 at 12:51.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is was very interesting match but unfortunity pakistan loss with match anyhow best of luck for next match.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Clearly we lost due to Shinwari's terrible last over that cost us 20 runs or something. Had it not been for that catastrophe we most likely would have won it. Even when we were batting well it was almost certain we'd collapse after the big stand was over. We have had a very bad time losing to New Zealand and South Africa in both formats. Not saying we should bring back Sarfaraz, he won't make much of a difference at the moment. Feeling really concerned with the World Cup edging nearer by the day..
    I take it you would prefer Rizwan over Sarfraz? If yes then clearly you have not held a bat in your life time apart from playing gully cricket. For gully cricket Rizwan is ideal. In the first game Sarfraz would have made the difference of 7 runs.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul2020 View Post

Malik is too old for power hitting similar to Dhoni. Big hitting from ball one is young mans game unfortunetly that is the way of life as we get older our body requires more time and no amount of training etc can change that.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    I take it you would prefer Rizwan over Sarfraz? If yes then clearly you have not held a bat in your life time apart from playing gully cricket. For gully cricket Rizwan is ideal. In the first game Sarfraz would have made the difference of 7 runs.
    It is not as if you are an international Cricketer on about gully players. Sarfaraz is out the team coz he is not performing. Hindsight is a great thing!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.