Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehsan Mani confirms that Sarfaraz Ahmed will continue as Pakistan captain till 2019 World Cup

https://www.pcb.com.pk/press-release...n-captain.html

Lahore, 5 February 2019: The Pakistan Cricket Board today confirmed Sarfaraz Ahmed will remain the Pakistan men’s captain till the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, which will be staged in England and Wales from 30 May to 14 July.

“I am happy to confirm that Sarfaraz will remain Pakistan captain till the World Cup. I was always clear in my mind that Sarfaraz would be the captain. I was keen to speak with him on the team’s recent performances as part of the normal review and appraisal process, and, more importantly, about his own future plans as we all know he has undergone some tough times as a professional cricketer in the past few weeks.

“Sarfaraz has reiterated his commitment to the Pakistan cricket team as well as his availability and enthusiasm to captain the team at the World Cup,” Mr Mani said.

“Sarfaraz has been an integral part of the Pakistan cricket team’s World Cup preparations and has proved to be a good strategist, leader and performer.

“He led Pakistan to the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 title as well as to the top of the ICC Twenty20 International rankings. His achievements and contributions as a captain and as a valuable all-round cricketer cannot be undermined or overlooked because of the team’s recent Test results.

“I am confident he will continue the good work with Mickey Arthur and Inzamam-ul-Haq so that the team is in the best possible shape and form to produce strong performances at the World Cup,” Mr Mani concluded.

Sarfaraz Ahmed said: “I feel humbled and honoured to be placed in the same bracket as some of the most iconic and legendary cricketers who have previously captained Pakistan at World Cups. It is the dream of any international cricketer to play in a World Cup, but to be appointed captain in the biggest cricket spectacle on the planet is something that is extremely special.

“The reality is that the last few weeks have been extremely difficult for me as a person and professional. But I am delighted that the PCB has reassured its confidence and faith in me. It has boosted my confidence tremendously.

“I am convinced we are in a good shape for the World Cup. We have top quality talent and match-winners with a committed support staff in the dressing room. Everyone is geared up and keenly looking forward to returning to the country where we won the last major ICC tournament.

“In the lead up to the World Cup, Pakistan will play five ODIs each against Australia and England, which will also allow us the opportunity to further fine-tune our preparations. I am sure we’ll give a good account of ourselves at the World Cup.”

Since making his debut against India in Jaipur in November 2007, Sarfaraz, 31, has played in 101 One-Day Internationals, including 35 as captain. He has scored 1,942 runs at just under 33 and has dismissed 121 batsmen behind the wickets. As captain, he has won 21 matches.

Sarfaraz played three matches in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, finishing with 160 runs as an opener. He also caught six batsmen at the wicket.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    As expected.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Its at least better because Malik was very for as a leader and nothing batsman Rizwan will not waste spot. Hopefully Malik may not get in the squad and Hafeez along with Sarfraz will be the only seniors in the team.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Lol the congratulations have started already

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Sarfraz still enjoying support from PCB and his team mates even though he is losing support on Pakpassion more for his "communication" skills than his lack of runs.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Its at least better because Malik was very for as a leader and nothing batsman Rizwan will not waste spot. Hopefully Malik may not get in the squad and Hafeez along with Sarfraz will be the only seniors in the team.
    I am convinced all three will go, youngsters have not been provided enough international experience.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good decision. Malik has shown in the last two games he is not a very good captain.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good decision, new captain wouldn't radically improve things overnight.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good decision.

The myth of Sarfraz captaincy skills will be brutally shattered by the end of the World Cup unless something miraculous happens.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not happy with Sarafaraz but then there is no choice. I hope they groom a younger captain after 2019 world cup debacle.

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right decision in my opinion for a few reasons.

1. This is Sarfaraz's team . . he has captained them for over 2 years . . he deserves to take them to the world cup
    2. Regardless of who is captain, this is the team that's going to the WC . . you can make any one captain and the results won't be significantly different . .
    3. It's unfair on any other player to be made captain just a few games before the world cup . . and should hte performance be under par, the new captain would be obliterated before even getting a chance to form the team . .

So it comes down to this . .
    Sarfaraz's team, sarfaraz's strategies, sarfaraz's build up, sarfaraz to take them to the world cup . .

No one can miraculously change stuff in a few games . . Things would have to align perfectly and go right for us game after game for us to have a shot at going deep into the tournament . .

Having said that, I wish him and the Pakistan team the best of luck! We have seen surprises before . . may we see one again!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Cricket Board confirms Sarfraz Ahmed as captain for World Cup 2019

Sarfraz Ahmed, who was banned for four ODIs by the ICC over remarks to South African allrounder Andile Phehlukwayo, will take the reigns as Pakistan captain at the upcoming World Cup tournament.

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ehsan Mani on Tuesday confirmed that wicketkeeper-batsman Sarfraz Ahmed will lead the side as captain at the upcoming World Cup tournament starting May 30, 2019. There were doubts over Ahmed’s captaincy after he was banned for four ODIs by ICC over his racist remarks to South African allrounder Andile Phehlukwayo during the 2nd ODI against Proteas.

After holding a meeting with the right-hand batsman, Mani announced that he is confident in Ahmed’s abilities to lead the time in the major tournament. “There’s no doubt that Sarfraz Ahmed is our captain and he will remain so until any other decision is taken,” he said.

“There are speculations after every series in the media which is unsubstantiated. He will captain Pakistan in the Australia series [five ODIs before the World Cup] and in the World Cup. After it, we will sit and evaluate the performance,” he said.

Mani further added that PCB cannot ignore the contributions made by Sarfraz as captain. “We should look at the contributions that Sarfraz has made for Pakistan,” he said.

“Sarfaraz has been an integral part of Pakistan’s World Cup preparations. He has proved to be a good strategist, leader, and performer,” Mani added. He led Pakistan to CT 2017 title as well as to the top of the ICC T20I rankings.”

Expressing his happiness over the announcement, Sarfraz said he is happy to represent the side at the World Cup. “I feel humbled and honoured to be placed in the same bracket as some of the most iconic and legendary cricketers who have previously captained Pakistan at the World Cup,” he said.

“I am convinced we are in a good shape for the World Cup. We have top quality talent and match-winners with committed support staff in the dressing room,” the 31-year-old added.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...-2019-5570122/
    Last edited by shaaik; 5th February 2019 at 15:44.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First round exit it is then... get ready for a repeat of the 2003/2007 level humiliation.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    It was always most likely that Sarfraz will go to WC as Captain. Few days back, it’s was confirmed when someone from PCB hinted that they are yet not sure - I take opposite of PCB’s comments for such cases and it works perfectly in most times. He has dodged the last bullet as ICC went soft on him and didn’t impose longer ban - PCB was never going to ban their Captain for racial abuse or even fixing issue and individual or team performance is not even a criteria for them.

I actually feel PCB wants Sarfraz to continue till WC and most likely beyond, because I believe it’s more of a political call rather than cricket call. Recently, in SAF when Sarfraz was banned, my hunch was confirmed- no way, no way Malik should have been stand by Captain instead of Hafeez and that actually gives the clue - PCB didn’t want a stronger candidate as make shift, which could have made it difficult for Sarfraz (to be reinstated).

Good, bad only time will tell but now everyone should back the Captain and hope for the best. He’ll get bashing for his personal performance, but on Captaincy front, I think he is the chosen one, hence shouldn’t get the rough treatment from PP. However, I think PCB will appoint a strong deputy this time (MoHa) for WC and pick a back-up WK (Akmal bros, Rizwan) - if it starts to go from bad to worse, by mid way of a 9 games WC, we might see a non playing Captain & a stand in deputy promoted to the hot seat.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Asif
    Asif
    Imran
    Imran
    Imran
    Wasim
    Wasim
    Waquar
    Inzamam
    Afridi
    Misbah
    Sarfraz .........

How mighty has fallen - they say a kingdom doesn’t go bankrupt overnight.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Asif
    Asif
    Imran
    Imran
    Imran
    Wasim
    Wasim
    Waquar
    Inzamam
    Afridi
    Misbah
    Sarfraz .........

When you put it like that.....

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif
    Asif
    Imran
    Imran
    Imran
    Wasim
    Wasim
    Waquar
    Inzamam
    Afridi
    Misbah
    Sarfraz .........

Sarfraz>>>Misbah,Asif,Afridi both as player and captain

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a surprise.... and the circus continues.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    666 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wow retain as ODI captain due to CT 2 years ago, even though we have been rubbish since.

Also retained due to being a good T20 side?

Well done PCB, showing the whole show is been run by a bunch of idiots.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good decision , finally some common sense prevails with pcb

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Wow retain as ODI captain due to CT 2 years ago, even though we have been rubbish since.

If Misbah ul Haq could be retained by the PCB as captain for the 2015 ODI WC inspite of having such a poor ODI caotaincy record, then there should be no issues regarding Sarfaraz Ahmed retaining the captaincy for the 2019 ODI WC

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is a true upgrade over everyone and close to Imran in terms of popularity.

In our culture, secretly we admire the "danda" and "shouting" and "harsh language".

So every time Sarfraz panics and shouts at the bowler, our fan base erupts in delight.

Enjoy the fruits of this labor in the World Cup.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It's done. Now support the team and stop whining or go follow a different sport.

This means that Malik's place is now under threat. Not sure if Hussain Talat is a good middle-order player but I hope he's given a decent chance between now and the World Cup.

Sarfaraz should bat at #7 or #8, depending on the form of Imad and/or Shadab, and should be good for some lower-order runs. As long as he keeps and captains well, his lack of runs won't bother me.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's the only logical call. Good decision.

Now Sarfraz needs to really step up, stop behaving like a kid and start performing like a captain.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Right decision. Not happy about it, but right decision nonetheless.
    He has to address two things if he wants to improve his chances of a win:
    I hope he realizes he cannot have him, Malik, and hafeez in the same line up
    He has to best figure out how he can contribute to the team while batting: I don’t see him being able to do much against good teams if he comes in the 40th over or so or if batting at number 5 or 6. Back to opening again?

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    It's done. Now support the team and stop whining or go follow a different sport.

This means that Malik's place is now under threat. Not sure if Hussain Talat is a good middle-order player but I hope he's given a decent chance between now and the World Cup.

Sarfaraz should bat at #7 or #8, depending on the form of Imad and/or Shadab, and should be good for some lower-order runs. As long as he keeps and captains well, his lack of runs won't bother me.
    I cannot see Malik going to the World Cup. Having said that, he might somehow do well against a weak Australian side at home.
    As for Sarfaraz, his batting spot is a tricky one. Personally I think he should come at four if he comes to the crease early, any time between overs 10 to 35. If it’s after 40 overs he should demote himself. It’s a long tournament and the team needs a performance from the captain to inspire - like against Sri Lanka in CT

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 I am not a big fan of his captaincy but we have to support our team

btw Shoaib is also going nowhere unless he performs really poorly in against Aus and England in the upcoming matches,
    Last edited by PakPremi; 5th February 2019 at 17:47.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraj is not a bad captain, he can only do as much as the team, nothing more or nothing less. Team needs to be based on format and selection based on performance merit. Talent needs to be identified and supported for greater number of matches even if there's a disappointment initially, such talent will pay back in long run. That's the job of board, selectors, coach and support staff.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We may have a chance if we can get rid of Malik and Hafeez until WC. Sarfaraz batted well during 2015 WC, should take inspiration from that, and also less shouting on your teammates Sarfi.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Malik looked like he didnt know the strengths and weaknesses of the players.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's not the hero team wanted, but the hero team needed.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea, It was already decieded a long time ago. Good, they didnt waste more time and announced this to kill needless speculation.

They already have selected the Wc Squad as well, but am sure they will wait till after the Aussie series to announce.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 minute silence for Sarfi Haters.....

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ok but Sarfraz should not be ODI or Test captain after the WC.

He can stay for T2O tho.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So funny to see people hailing this decision as though this is something extraordinary.

For 7 months Mani's subordinates or lower officials in PCB, are sending mixed signals about Sarfraz captaincy since Asia Cup. Chief selector took maximum advantage of this situation pushing in his own nephew and favorites in the team.

Despite their poor performance the coaching staff of Grant Flower and Micki were all confirmed till WC.

Chief selector despite practicing open nepotism and blocking youngsters for 2 years to protect Hafeez and Malik was also named to remain till the World Cup only the captain ws left in the limbo.

Keeping up the rumors he will be changed before World cup. These foolish shenanigans affected the team performances as well.

I have to say Ehsan Mani is another stupid and weak appointment by PM Imran Khan after Chief Minister Buzdar in Punjab.
    Just quietly confirm him, no need for a press conference and let them concentrate on the WC preparation.

Now with no time left he is saying something should've done months back. Sarfraz was never removed from any format just undue pressure was brought due to this stupidity on the coach and captain and emboldened the chief selector Inzi, the main culprit for deficiencies in the batting department of Pakistan team.
    Last edited by Khwaja78; 5th February 2019 at 18:15.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

I doubt that will improve dressing room atmosphere. Most players don't like his way captaincy with shouting and yelling.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Good decision , finally some common sense prevails with pcb
    yup.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best of a bad bunch as they say.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Sarfraz is a true upgrade over everyone and close to Imran in terms of popularity.

In our culture, secretly we admire the "danda" and "shouting" and "harsh language".

So every time Sarfraz panics and shouts at the bowler, our fan base erupts in delight.

Enjoy the fruits of this labor in the World Cup.
    sometimes I really feel bad for the IQ level of some of our fans and PCB heads and just want to quit watching cricket altogether but then I also love being proved right so 3-0 thrashing and ODI thrashing under Sarfraz proved all most sensible fans speculated about this team under Sarfraz ji. It was gold when the leader was hiding behind the tailender Shadab. This overrated guy will definitely get exposed at the world cup. It's not Zimbabwes and Irelands but best teams in the world we will be facing in knock outs. It'll be fun

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post

You cannot expect sensible decision from a guy who doesn't think calling someone " abe kaale" is a big deal. Ehsan Mani looks like has IQ level of Afridi. It's amazing how this guy has such a high post. IK should be really ashamed to appoint this guy for this post. He is 2nd worst big appointment so far after Buzdar.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif
    Asif
    Imran
    Imran
    Imran
    Wasim
    Wasim
    Waquar
    Inzamam
    Afridi
    Misbah
    Sarfraz .........

So it was Imran's third attempt, lets see if Sarfraz can better it..

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Asif
    Asif
    Imran
    Imran
    Imran
    Wasim
    Wasim
    Waquar
    Inzamam
    Afridi
    Misbah
    Sarfraz .........

Sarfraz the guy who will hide behind tailenders against this mighty SA team is our leader for world cup. Really the standards have fallen.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's difficult to support a guy who takes credit of everything and is full of me me and very classless to shout at his team mates and call opposition players with racist remarks. Also mediocre enough to hide behind tailenders when there is batting collapse.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good move by PCB. Uncertainty is dangerous this close to the WC

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nam View Post
    So it was Imran's third attempt, lets see if Sarfraz can better it..
    That'll put him in a different class as well - the class of Lloyd, Kapil, Border, Steve, Ponting, MSD & Clarke .... Captains winning WC on their 1st attempt. Have to say, a worthy (& deserved) company indeed.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    2 minute silence for Sarfi Haters.....
    Yes; I dont support racist people!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only pcb can do this.Pathetic decision he doesn't even make the team on merit.Should have been kicked out long time ago.Well i m hoping for epic thrashing for this pathetic team and pathetic useless captain

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    You cannot expect sensible decision from a guy who doesn't think calling someone " abe kaale" is a big deal. Ehsan Mani looks like has IQ level of Afridi. It's amazing how this guy has such a high post. IK should be really ashamed to appoint this guy for this post. He is 2nd worst big appointment so far after Buzdar.
    Can't blame Mani here - he is in a loose loose situation. Can't appoint a new Captain, which doesn't guarantee success with this team therefore he has decided to play safe here. We can judge Mani only after WC (whatever the outcome is - even if PAK wins it, Sarfraz can't carry till 2023).

In another thread I posted probably 14 names for WC, out of possible 16 men squad - Shinwari might get the boot now for Wahab, but PAK squad is more or less fixed - we can only hope that few key players turn into good form. If Amir, Fakhar, Sarfraz, Shadab, Hasan, Malik and Hafeez as well ... don't raise their game significantly, it's going to be tough (& short) WC for PAK; something similar happened in 2013 CT, when almost entire squad went through a major slump.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its not ideal, i dont like the way he captains and the results hes been getting have been awful in odis but there is very little other choice this close to the world cup

Hopefully the rebuilding with a new captain can start from after the world cup now

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz the guy who will hide behind tailenders against this mighty SA team is our leader for world cup. Really the standards have fallen.
    There could be other issues, from 1975 to 2015, apart from 2011 & 2007 - at least the Captains had the personality and on-field presence to represent the National color ....... can't say that now. Yelling, smashing wickets, shouting to players are his 2nd nature and a 2nd habit of WK (Sarfraz is not the only WK to be rowdy), but this latest antics will go long way to pull down PAK's image, probably as low as had Butt been reinstated as Captain. Western world is impostor - whatever is in their mind is different issue, but racist slur is not going to be welcomed by British crowd for sure and there are a significant % of non white/brown population there; I hope we don't see some catchy posters during PAK's game.

Any way, he is the chosen one, so everyone should be behind him here in PP and I expect PAK to blow this AUS 5-0 or at least 4-1 in UAE under the dynamic leadership - the the charge start under Sarfraz. On Sunday night, Tom Brady was asked how you could do it again ..... he answered - "was there any other way?" May be PAK doesn't have any other way either .................

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1061 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    Right decision. Not happy about it, but right decision nonetheless.
    He has to address two things if he wants to improve his chances of a win:
    I hope he realizes he cannot have him, Malik, and hafeez in the same line up
    He has to best figure out how he can contribute to the team while batting: I don’t see him being able to do much against good teams if he comes in the 40th over or so or if batting at number 5 or 6. Back to opening again?
    Sums up what I wanted to say. Sarfraz has been invested in for the last two years and should see the job through to the end. After the World Cup, we can invest in a new captain without the pressures of a global tournament.

He must do two things - first, drop Shoaib Malik as he and Sarfraz are fulfilling the same role in the team (survive long enough rotating strike and bashing spin during middle overs until a half-decent pacer gets them out).

The second is sort out his batting spot and form.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif
    Asif
    Imran
    Imran
    Imran
    Wasim
    Wasim
    Waquar
    Inzamam
    Afridi
    Misbah
    Sarfraz .........

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    When you put it like that.....

I dont understand the doom and gloom, Sarfraz won you an ICC trophy. Not many can say about their team captains. If you can take your superiority complex ( due to him being uneducated) and his stupid comment aside, he is a good LOI captain.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad this drama is over.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    Misbah never lost a single series in the uae. He's the most successful pakistani captain

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    What a surprise.... and the circus continues.
    Yes it continues

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There could be other issues, from 1975 to 2015, apart from 2011 & 2007 - at least the Captains had the personality and on-field presence to represent the National color ....... can't say that now. Yelling, smashing wickets, shouting to players are his 2nd nature and a 2nd habit of WK (Sarfraz is not the only WK to be rowdy), but this latest antics will go long way to pull down PAK's image, probably as low as had Butt been reinstated as Captain. Western world is impostor - whatever is in their mind is different issue, but racist slur is not going to be welcomed by British crowd for sure and there are a significant % of non white/brown population there; I hope we don't see some catchy posters during PAK's game.

Any way, he is the chosen one, so everyone should be behind him here in PP and I expect PAK to blow this AUS 5-0 or at least 4-1 in UAE under the dynamic leadership - the the charge start under Sarfraz. On Sunday night, Tom Brady was asked how you could do it again ..... he answered - "was there any other way?" May be PAK doesn't have any other way either .................
    Imran khan used to do the same. Don't see anyone talking about him
    The only difference is that khan won a flukey world cup but sarfaraz hasn't won it yet

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a big surprise, would have been shocked at anything different.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    Imran khan used to do the same. Don't see anyone talking about him
    The only difference is that khan won a flukey world cup but sarfaraz hasn't won it yet
    Imran's whole career is fluke - even played cricket by chance on the shoulders of his cousins, otherwise for such a mediocre "talent" shouldn't even had played for even Lahore Gymkhana. The guy has even became PAK PM by fluke (& on others' shoulder). Sarfraz also has won an ICC tournament by his own hand, so you can't downplay him.

However, I haven't seen or heard of Imran yelling at own players, smashing stumps, shouting selectively after every ball or fielding ...... and definitely not heard him calling Botham G*ra or Kapil Badami ...... Sarfraz is right actually - it's all the fault of Stump Mic'phone ...............

Apart from that, indeed there is very little difference - batting is at per I can take and Imran can't even dream of Keeping like Sarfraz .... net, net equal.
    Last edited by MMHS; 5th February 2019 at 19:42.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There probably will never be a better example of how Sarfraz fans think.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1971 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
    There probably will never be a better example of how Sarfraz fans think.
    You mean Bhakhts....

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizwan was destined to only ever get one decent opportunity to prove himself and he responded with a 10 (30). They'll stop bringing him along for the ride on tours now.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No other candidates .. we have to take a couple of or ONE surprise package hopefully some 1 really shines @!psl ..a good stroke maker that is , not a hack like Asif so let’s hope for the best ��

Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bad news for Pakistan.

With Sarfaraz in the squad Pakistan will be playing with 1 batsman less, since Sarfaraz bats at 6 he’s pretty much useless.

Pakistan’s hope of winning the WC is over now, I’m afraid.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Team is rotten to the core, the only garunteed starters are Baba & Fakhar. Rest 9 spots are uo for grab-sums the team up.

If you cannot chase 50 runs with 8 wckts in hand you deserve the humiliation of having to qualify fr world cup against HK, papa new guinuea.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us all make a Collective Dua that whatever happens from now, May Allah lead our Green Team (PAK) to World Cup Glory... AAMEEN..

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is getting congratulated for being "appointed" as a captain when he was already the captain before

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that our expectations are at low level at the moment, but as always its seen that 'awaam ki duaeen' does help our team.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Asif
    Asif
    Imran
    Imran
    Imran
    Wasim
    Wasim
    Waquar
    Inzamam
    Afridi
    Misbah
    Sarfraz .........

a fair comparison would be to include the teams each captain had available too. How many legends did Imran, WAsim, Inzamam have?

Afridi and Misbah didn't have much to work with, and the talent available is even worse for Sarfaraz.

each captain is a reflection of their times

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    a fair comparison would be to include the teams each captain had available too. How many legends did Imran, WAsim, Inzamam have?

Afridi and Misbah didn't have much to work with, and the talent available is even worse for Sarfaraz.

Imran, Wasim and Inzi and Misbah to an extent both had a say in who got in the XI, moreso with the former 2. It’s Sarfraz’s prerogative that he kept backing jobbers like Asad, but you are correct in that each captain is a reflection of their times. Imran was in the pro era, Wasim was in the talented but fixing era, and then came the maulana era.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lmao at the burn.

Sarfraz already won a tournament as captain with a number 8 team and the joy it gave to 'Pakistani fans' and scenes outside his home will always be remembered. It should never have been a question who will captain us in world cup.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good move to announce this now. We can't have question marks in players and management heads a couple months before the world cup. Everyone can now go onwards and just focus on their job.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt that will improve dressing room atmosphere. Most players don't like his way captaincy with shouting and yelling.
    Honestly speaking most of these players do not deserve to be the part of any international 11.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post

Agree. When we have to open with fakhar and legend shoaib/hafeez is in middle order and to go even further great seesaw shinwari is our first striker then Sarfraz as a capatain is not an exceptional thing.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alea iacta est.

Let’s hope the gamble plays well, it can go either way.

A World-Cup win or a first-round exit, all can happen.

Now that Sarfraz is our captain again, we should support our captain through thick and thin, he has brought the team to reasonable rankings in LO.

His batting form isn’t a problem, he will regain it inshaAllah!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Good decision.

And stops the speculation and should enable Sarfaraz and the players to settle down and look ahead to their planning and performances.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sometimes I really feel bad for the IQ level of some of our fans and PCB heads and just want to quit watching cricket altogether but then I also love being proved right so 3-0 thrashing and ODI thrashing under Sarfraz proved all most sensible fans speculated about this team under Sarfraz ji. It was gold when the leader was hiding behind the tailender Shadab. This overrated guy will definitely get exposed at the world cup. It's not Zimbabwes and Irelands but best teams in the world we will be facing in knock outs. It'll be fun
    ODI defeat was not under Sarfraz entirely, in fact that rainy match could have go either side & unfortunately that funny DL rule ruined that. And also plz complete this by 3-0 in t20 under one & only untouchable superstar Shoaib Malik.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Will back him wholeheartedly now that it's official.

Bring it home Saifi.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!