Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakhs View Post
    You have lost your argument and now resorting to twisting my words clearly showing your desperation.
    It's you who are desperate and who is hell bent on proving that you know more about my team than I do.

I lost! When? Ok, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No way I am saying that but why are Indian fans here hiding behind players who in any case dont play for India regularly in T20 format?

I would understand it more if they said Kuldeep will make us stronger in future etc.
    These are not even close to the best available talent. Krunal, Karthik, Khaleel, Dhoni, Vijay should not really even be first choice XI. Hardik, Dhawan, Rohit, Bhuvi, Chahal are the regulars. Pant should be a regular. Sadly they dropped him. Pant is going to be treated badly until the world cup as they want Dhoni to get a hit as much as possible.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Kohli has played only 10 out of last 20 T20Is and is missing the next 2 as well. That makes it 10/22. That's less than 50%.

Bumrah 8/22 = 36% of the games

Kuldeep averages 12 in T20Is with an economy of 6.x. Quite possibly the best stats out there.

But yeah, Kohli is a regular. Bumrah has only recently been resting. And ya, Kuldeep isn't a main T20I bowler.

I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    It's you who are desperate and who is hell bent on proving that you know more about my team than I do.

I lost! When? Ok, whatever helps you sleep better at night.
    Both Kholi and Bumrah played the last WC and Bumrah definitely only been resting in this format since he became a regular in tests. Both are GUN players for India and its acceptable if anybody is saying we are weakened because of them. But i dont accept shami as main T20 players when he has been around for a long time and never been a regular in T20s and Kuldeep has only been playing cricket for year and a half.

Nobody is saying he is not a good bowler which he is.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    These are not even close to the best available talent. Krunal, Karthik, Khaleel, Dhoni, Vijay should not really even be first choice XI. Hardik, Dhawan, Rohit, Bhuvi, Chahal are the regulars. Pant should be a regular. Sadly they dropped him. Pant is going to be treated badly until the world cup as they want Dhoni to get a hit as much as possible.
    I dont agree I am sure Karthik and Dhoni are current in best Indian T20 line up at present and Pant also played the last match. Agreed about Kuldeep, khaleel and Krunal but then khaleel had some good performance and there is a thread here that he is even better than Shaheen and krunal is being given a chance which every team does similar to Pakistan giving a chance to Asif Ali instead of Hafeez.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both Kholi and Bumrah played the last WC and Bumrah definitely only been resting in this format since he became a regular in tests. Both are GUN players for India and its acceptable if anybody is saying we are weakened because of them. But i dont accept shami as main T20 players when he has been around for a long time and never been a regular in T20s and Kuldeep has only been playing cricket for year and a half.

Nobody is saying he is not a good bowler which he is.
    Agree that Shami isn't a regular T20 bowler.

We are on the same page on rest of the points though. India usually rests their MVPs in T20Is outside WC, just like Ozzies do. E.g. Starc never plays T20Is outside WC (maybe even in WC). Ozzies are a bit more ahead than India on this as they don't play Starc in most ODIs outside WC too.

That's why I say that Ozzies don't rate JAMODIs (and T20Is) at all, just like Indians don't rate JAMT20s. BTW Australia's ODI team at the WC will be very different and very lethal in my opinion.
    Last edited by BreadPakoda; 6th February 2019 at 18:05.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont agree I am sure Karthik and Dhoni are current in best Indian T20 line up at present and Pant also played the last match. Agreed about Kuldeep, khaleel and Krunal but then khaleel had some good performance and there is a thread here that he is even better than Shaheen and krunal is being given a chance which every team does similar to Pakistan giving a chance to Asif Ali instead of Hafeez.
    Indian T20 squad selections don't really have any sound logic. Dhoni in his entire life never helped India win a T20 match. Striking at 120 is so poor for a late middle order finisher. IPL teams do influence selections there is nothing anyone can do about it. Washington Sundar for instance had a decent tri series as an opening spin bowler. He is aveaging 16 with an ER of 6.03. Nowhere to be seen since for T20. Played one game against Windies. Krunal bowled worse than him.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree that Shami isn't a regular T20 bowler.

We are on the same page on rest of the points though. India usually rests their MVPs in T20Is outside WC, just like Ozzies do. E.g. Starc never plays T20Is outside WC (maybe even in WC). Ozzies are a bit more ahead than India on this as they don't play Starc in most ODIs outside WC too.

That's why I say that Ozzies don't rate JAMODIs (and T20Is) at all, just like Indians don't rate JAMT20s. BTW Australia's ODI team at the WC will be very different and very lethal in my opinion.
    All teams will be stronger in the WC as most teams have understood this point now. Because so many cricket games are played now a days you cant keep playing your best players in Bi-laterals anymore.
    Australia started resting players outside of WCs straight after 2007 and other teams have now caught up also.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul used to be another guy playing regularly. His loss of form means they had to replace him. Not long ago he made 101 in 54 balls at manchester.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All teams will be stronger in the WC as most teams have understood this point now. Because so many cricket games are played now a days you cant keep playing your best players in Bi-laterals anymore.
    Australia started resting players outside of WCs straight after 2007 and other teams have now caught up also.
    IPL earns them big bucks. Ofcourse any cricketer is going to value their availbility for IPL more than their country. Come IPL. All these guys will play without missing any matches. Fans are accustomed to that.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not at all.

Most teams don't rest their players like Australia, SA, and India do. E.g. Pakistan plays full strength even against a weakened Zimbabwe.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As much as I have always hated T20 cricket, this defeat still disappoints me. And that's because for the second time I have really started expecting a lot from my team. The first time was when we started rebuilding our team after the 2007 WC disaster. I expected my team to win every thing till the 2011 WC. I got back to square one after the white washes in England and Australia immediately after the 2011 WC, and then the series defeat to England at home. Every defeat in any format disappoints me these days.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IPL earns them big bucks. Ofcourse any cricketer is going to value their availbility for IPL more than their country. Come IPL. All these guys will play without missing any matches. Fans are accustomed to that.
    Not at all.

Most teams don't rest their players like Australia, SA, and India do. E.g. Pakistan plays full strength even against a weakened Zimbabwe.
    I dont think its only to because of IPL its just that too much cricket is played in general.

And all teams have understood this point Pakistan recently rested Fakhar Zaman, Amir and Hasan Ali. Obviously we cant afford to rest any of our batsmen in general they need to play as much as they possibly can to gain experience. And the two seniors in the team Malik and Hafeez only play ODIs with hafeez currently resting to give Asif Ali a chance.

It also depends on seniority in the squad for instance most of Indian gun players have passed half way point of their careers so can afford to rest and just turn up at big events and still perform.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I dont think its only to because of IPL its just that too much cricket is played in general.

And all teams have understood this point Pakistan recently rested Fakhar Zaman, Amir and Hasan Ali. Obviously we cant afford to rest any of our batsmen in general they need to play as much as they possibly can to gain experience. And the two seniors in the team Malik and Hafeez only play ODIs with hafeez currently resting to give Asif Ali a chance.

It also depends on seniority in the squad for instance most of Indian gun players have passed half way point of their careers so can afford to rest and just turn up at big events and still perform.
    There is nothing wrong with that. It works for you. Even for 2007 world T20 India sent a rookie team. Personally this game belongs to youngsters of next generation. I cringe watching older players playing T20. Be it is DHoni or Malik.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India haven't even won a single t20 in nz let alone a series and people troll pakistan if they lose.
    The hypocrisy.
    Pak beat nz 2-1 in nz and 3-0 in the uae.
    The guy that made 80 today, made 11 against pak in 3 matches at an average of 3.66

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is nothing wrong with that. It works for you. Even for 2007 world T20 India sent a rookie team. Personally this game belongs to youngsters of next generation. I cringe watching older players playing T20. Be it is DHoni or Malik.
    Bi-lateral cricket used to be a big thing in the 90s and up until 2007 but then some teams started resting players to prevent injuries rather than resting them only once they got injured and it all changed. Now bi-laterals are not such a big thing.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    India haven't even won a single t20 in nz let alone a series and people troll pakistan if they lose.
    The hypocrisy.
    The guy that made 80 today, made 11 against pak in 3 matches at an average of 3.66
    Well Pakistan has managed to off-set all that goodwill by getting blown away by a bunch of newbs in South Africa.

The time to troll Indian fans isn't now, when our cricketers themselves are doing us no favors.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    NZ won comfortably they were the better side today.

Indian bowling was toothless and these backup pace bowlers are just not upto the mark.. T20s are volatile and if you are not good there is a high chance you'll get blown away.. Hopefully we find some better bowlers.. What happened to the U-19 kids?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    The hypocrisy.
    That proves what? Pakistan in T20 better than India? lol So be it. India has beaten 6-1 record in T20 against Pakistan. Last time we met Pakistan got rolled over for 85 runs and made only 118 in the other match. If we are going to use "relative performances" to judge who is better than what about India beating SA in SA and Pakistan losing to SA in SA.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just woke up to this incredible scoreline. That was a proper spanking. This was almost equivalent to that 93 all out in 4th ODI. India needs to bowl better in 2nd T20

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played NZ, India needs to rest their players rather than win T20s

India should bounce back in the next game

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I don't want these guys either. I never want Dhawan/Rohit/Dhoni to play T20 bilaterals at all. It hsould be shaw, gill, pant, shreyas iyer.
    I'm not talking about what you want, I'm talking about what is happening. The claim by many was that only Pakistan plays a full strength side (bit of a joke to call it full strength when there are teenagers and guys in their early 20s but whatever) and yet India has played, on multiple occasions, sides with even more senior figures.

So that is the only point I was proving.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    I'm not talking about what you want, I'm talking about what is happening. The claim by many was that only Pakistan plays a full strength side (bit of a joke to call it full strength when there are teenagers and guys in their early 20s but whatever) and yet India has played, on multiple occasions, sides with even more senior figures.

So that is the only point I was proving.
    . Seniors don’t mean they are good. You keep missing the point combinations are erratic. Very rarely they play the same team across the series.