Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

PSL 2019 - The best PSL edition so far

We discovered a decent amount of players with potential i.e. Mohammad Hasnain, Harris Rauf, Muhammad Musa, the MS left handed opening batsman and keeper, Umer Khan, Ahsan Ali

Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad were made to work hard and get back into Pakistan Cricket Reckoning.

The 8 PSL games in Karachi were the epicentre and they have perhaps given the greatest amount of confidence to the nation that Cricket can be held in Pakistan. The foreign players with security went out to malls, restaurants, functions, Wasim Akram's house for dinner and Jonty Rhodes drove a Harley Davision.

As far as things to improve are concerned, better technology is needed for the PSL opening and closing ceremonies, better selection of singers. I personally think Imran Khan should have attended the final, sure maybe he shouldn't have watched the whole game but as PM of the country he could have combined the whole trip with some official work in Karachi and maybe turned up for the PSL post match ceremony and given a speech

I also think the PCB for future seasons needs to implement the rule of not more than 3 foreign players in the playing eleven and that 2 emerging players must be in the playing eleven, one batsman and one bowler and the batsman must open the innings or bat in the top 4.

Franchises like LQ and KK also need to be given some kick up the back side to change things as these are the two top most expensive franchises and their below par performances are unacceptable.

Next year the entire PSL must be played in Pakistan but for this we need stadiums in Lahore, Multan, Quetta, Islamabad, Hyderabad, Karachi Defence, Rafi Stadium, Peshawar, AJK, Northern Areas e.t.c. ready. It can only happen if the government is on board and gives the PCB the financing and resources necessary to get these stadiums up and ready by next season.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can't have all the headstates in one location since President Alvi and Army Chief was already at the ground...

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what kinda impact the near war scenario had on the PSL viewership wise and consequently monetarily! I feel like vast majority of the country was only watching news for about 4 5 days in that week . .

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I feel that every edition of PSL will get better and better until whole PSL comes back to PAK. Because for now PSL is kind of being used as a tool or guide to bring cricket back to Pak (which is a good thing). So with each year as we see the whole league gradually shift to Pak it will feel like that season was better due to more/all matches being in Pak.

In regards to the talent, yeah Umar Siddiq and Ahsan Khan were pretty good but seemed quiet in that they stood out to me personally but I'm surprised other people on this forum don't talk much about them. As for the quicks, was really good this season as basically all teams had an up and coming fast bowler (except KK ).

Hope we can keep producing more talent like this in the future.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    I wonder what kinda impact the near war scenario had on the PSL viewership wise and consequently monetarily! I feel like vast majority of the country was only watching news for about 4 5 days in that week . .
    I on the other hand think we can thank PSL from saving us from the war hysteria. People couldnt care less about India and were busy watching PSL.

I think this PSL was massive in terms of tackling challenges. The official producer Reliance left midway, the NSK was not completely built, we had to bring all international players to Pakistan.

PCB delivered superbly against every challenge. Congratulations to them.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed last years PSL more. There was quite a few entertaining games in the latter part like the shinwari no ball on last ball, the anwar ali blitz. I also felt it was played with more passion by some players for example Darren Sammy, something was just a bit off this time, he wasn't as animated and there wasn't the same spirit.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The final was sooooo boring.

A lacklustre finish to a great tournament.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I on the other hand think we can thank PSL from saving us from the war hysteria. People couldnt care less about India and were busy watching PSL.

I think this PSL was massive in terms of tackling challenges. The official producer Reliance left midway, the NSK was not completely built, we had to bring all international players to Pakistan.

PCB delivered superbly against every challenge. Congratulations to them.
    I agree! Definitely a massive massive congratulations to the PCB and all authorities involved for putting up with all the nuissance around them and delivering brilliantly!