User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

PCB announces schedule of 5-match ODI series against Australia to be played in the UAE

PCB announces schedule of Australia ODIs

Lahore, 10 February 2019:

The Pakistan Cricket Board today announced the schedule of five-match ODI series between Pakistan and Australia, which will be played in the United Arab Emirates with the series opener in Sharjah on 22 March and the last match in Dubai on 31 March.

Pakistan is ranked fifth on the ICC ODI team rankings, while Australia is sixth – just two points behind.

The series is part of both sides’ ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 preparations, where Australia will defend the title. Both the sides will square off against each other in the event proper in Taunton on 12 June.

“Australia are the world champions and this series will provide the Pakistan cricket team an opportunity to assess their Word Cup preparations,” PCB Director Cricket - International, Zakir Khan, said.

“The PCB was optimistic that it will be able to convince Cricket Australia to send its side for some matches after successfully staging high-profile bilateral international series and the HBL Pakistan Super League matches in the past 18 months. But, we are disappointed for the enthusiastic and passionate cricket fans in Pakistan who will now have to wait for some more time before they can see the Australia cricket team live in action for the first time since 1998.

“However, the CA has confirmed that they will send their security expert to oversee the execution of security plans for the HBL PSL 2019 matches and bilateral series against other international sides in Pakistan, and will also speak with the ICC-recommended PCB security consultant. In the meantime, the CA have confirmed they will maintain regular contact with the ICC,” Zakir Khan added.

Lahore hosted the ICC World XI, also comprising Australia Test captain Tim Paine and fast bowler Ben Cutting, in September 2017 (refereed by Sir Richie Richardson of the ICC panel). A month later, Sri Lanka played a T20I at the same venue. In April 2018, Karachi was the venue for three-T20I series between the Windies and Pakistan (refereed by David Boon of the ICC panel). Last month, the Windies women’s team played three T20Is against Pakistan women’s team in Karachi.

The inaugural edition of the HBL Pakistan Super League in 2016 was played in the United Arab Emirates, but the 2017 final was held in Lahore. Lahore and Karachi shared three matches between them in 2018, while eight matches are scheduled in the upcoming event which commences 14 February.

Itinerary:

22 March – 1st ODI, Sharjah (d/n)
    24 March – 2nd ODI, Sharjah (d/n)
    27 March – 3rd ODI, Abu Dhabi (d/n)
    29 March – 4th ODI, Dubai (d/n)
    31 March – 5th ODI, Dubai (d/n)
    Last edited by Saj; 10th February 2019 at 16:03.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    5 ODIS over 9 days only. Crazy stuff.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So series is scheduled before the end of the bans for Smith and Warner.
    @Ahson8 PCB finally learning to negotiate (although would have been a good test for PCT).

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Haris will be back and should try couple of new players from PSL too. Hoping Saud is one of them.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the series starts just 5 days after the PSL final.

Hope our players don't get burned out before the World Cup.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We will not gain nothing playing in UAE.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    So the series starts just 5 days after the PSL final.

Hope our players don't get burned out before the World Cup.
    After this series we will have 5/6 weeks off before the WC. The players at the IPL are more likely to get burned out. A lot of Australian players have pulled out of this year's IPL so don't expect them to be affected by fatigue.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Means we will gain something?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t see any benefits of this series as it is in the UAE except testing PSL findings at international level..

Also a side note, most of the series vs England will probably be rained off so this will most likely be our final prep before the WC.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we can win this series and try out some new players. It would be nice if the pitches could have some bounce and carry in them so we can prepare for the WC .

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will happen to the players.
    They have been playing non stop cricket and how will they get any sort of rest is beyond me.
    Especially Babar,he is possibly the only player who has been playing every match of every format non stop for the past year.Even sarfaraz has had rest now.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Patriot View Post
    They have been playing non stop cricket and how will they get any sort of rest is beyond me.
    Especially Babar,he is possibly the only player who has been playing every match of every format non stop for the past year.Even sarfaraz has had rest now.
    I wouldn’t worry about burn out, 20 games spread across 90 days isn’t a big ask..

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    After this series we will have 5/6 weeks off before the WC. The players at the IPL are more likely to get burned out. A lot of Australian players have pulled out of this year's IPL so don't expect them to be affected by fatigue.
    Series against Australia finishes on 31st March.

Pakistan will have around 3 weeks off after that, but that depends on when they opt to leave for England. They might want to go early.

From 27th April to 26th May, they play 3 tour matches, 5 ODIs and a T20I against England and two warm-up games.

First World Cup game is on 31st May.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India play nearly every week also

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I'm not worried about the batsmen who need to maximise their time in the middle before the World Cup. However the seamers definitely need to be rotated.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Who are "we" ?

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickCrick View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about burn out, 20 games spread across 90 days isn’t a big ask..
    I am not talking about just the 90 days.since Asia cup there has been nonstop cricket.
    Asia cup,australia,nz,southafrica,psl then australia again.
    Although they will get 2,3 weeks rest before England series so that's good.I just hope nobody gets injured till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    India play nearly every week also
    Indian players are rested and rotated.many players dont play all formats.those who play for eg Kohli,Bumrah etc have been rested this series.Regardless,it is not a comparison with India,they must also worry about their schedule or possible injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I'm not worried about the batsmen who need to maximise their time in the middle before the World Cup. However the seamers definitely need to be rotated.
    Yes especially Shaheen as he might be important for us in the worldcup i feel.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Who are "we" ?
    I'm pakistan and pakistan is i.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Series against Australia finishes on 31st March.

Pakistan will have around 3 weeks off after that, but that depends on when they opt to leave for England. They might want to go early.

From 27th April to 26th May, they play 3 tour matches, 5 ODIs and a T20I against England and two warm-up games.

First World Cup game is on 31st May.
    Playing those ODIs won't be as strenuous as the IPL due to the travel and the amount of games in the IPL. Would much rather our players play the ODIs vs England than IPL.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Playing those ODIs won't be as strenuous as the IPL due to the travel and the amount of games in the IPL. Would much rather our players play the ODIs vs England than IPL.
    I wasn't comparing with IPL, just saying we have quite a packed schedule.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    So series is scheduled before the end of the bans for Smith and Warner.
    @Ahson8 PCB finally learning to negotiate (although would have been a good test for PCT).
    Yeah good move.

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for this series. Quite rare for Pakistan to be playing in UAE in March, we normally play our 'home' games in October-November period. Hope we can get a good idea of which players are good enough for the World Cup squad.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a_tahir View Post
    I'm pakistan and pakistan is i.
    So why "we" will not gain anything from this series ?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Should be a pretty good series. We should definitely be winning this series though. If we can't beat Australia in the UAE, we don't have a chance at winning the World Cup.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Australia will hit us hard....

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This series is dependent on psl form.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL final, Aus ODI series, then less than a month later, onto England for another ODI series, leading into the world cup jut days following the end of the series.

Not sure if this is great practice or player burnout waiting to happen?

Will be interesting to see how players are rotated. I think the Aus series should be used to try out a number of squad players and give regulars like Babar, Fakhar, Shadab and co maybe 2 matches each. They should then play full strength sides for the first 3 England ODIs and try out their bench strength in the remaining matches.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So our preparations for the WC are 5 one dayers versus the Aussies and then England nearer to the tournament?

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this series is used to help identify which out of all the fringe players are going to the World Cup. All those players we know are going to go, i.e. Babar, Safaraz, Hafeez, Malik, Amir. These should all be rested and the remaining ones incl. new uncapped players who may eventually replace Hafeez and Malik should be selected.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Khan View Post
    I hope this series is used to help identify which out of all the fringe players are going to the World Cup. All those players we know are going to go, i.e. Babar, Safaraz, Hafeez, Malik, Amir. These should all be rested and the remaining ones incl. new uncapped players who may eventually replace Hafeez and Malik should be selected.
    The PCB can't have Pak losing 5-0 just before the World Cup. If there is one board that's scared of losing it's the PCB.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    So our preparations for the WC are 5 one dayers versus the Aussies and then England nearer to the tournament?
    Not good for the confidence of the players, but will show them their true worth against good teams.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Madness. Irrelevant conditions before the World Cup.

Should have gone back to South Africa.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Warner, Smith could return immediately

The returns of Steve Smith and David Warner to the Australian cricket team could come within hours of their bans expiring after the Pakistan Cricket Board confirmed the dates for the upcoming ODI series between the two countries.

Smith and Warner will be eligible for national selection again on March 29 following the end of their 12-month bans for their roles in the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal.

That same day, Australia will meet Pakistan in Dubai in the fourth ODI of a five-match series that will be serve as pivotal preparations for this year's 50-over World Cup.

The schedule may line up for an immediate return but it remains unclear if either of the pair will be fit to take the park at the first opportunity as each recovers from separate elbow surgeries.

Smith is in greater danger of not being fit to return immediately once his ban ends. His road back to full fitness is the more complicated because his injury and surgery were more serious than Warner's, with the former captain still in an elbow brace until the end of February.

Smith's manager, Warren Craig of Turning Point Management, said the former captain's surgery had "gone very well".

"Until the brace comes off we don't know for sure but all current opinion is that he'll then have about three and a half weeks (before being ready to play)," Craig told cricket.com.au in early February.

"The intent is that he will play in the IPL and then the World Cup and then the Ashes," adding that his participation in the ODIs against Pakistan would hinge on results of CA's assessment once the brace was off.

Australia coach Justin Langer, however, is keen for the pair to play as much top-flight cricket as possible before their World Cup campaign begins on June 1.

"(It's about) how much cricket they get to play between now and then, but I'm sure we'll find opportunities," Langer told reporters in early February.

"They'll find opportunities … but I can't see anything else (stopping them).

"We're talking about two great players. We're not talking about two really good players, they're two great players who, on paper, we'd be crazy not to have them in the team (for the World Cup)."

Both players had surgery in recent weeks after coincidentally each required an operation on elbow complaints following short stints captaining teams in the Bangladesh Premier League.

Smith is set to come out of the brace and begin an extensive period of rehabilitation in late February.

Warner continued to play on in Bangladesh after his elbow issue arose, with his surgery described as a minor "clean up" of the joint.

"We've got to keep working on how they are with their elbows first," Langer said.

"They're going to need to get some cricket leading into hopefully coming back into the squad. It's all part of the management. We'll have to wait and see what happens there."

The possible return of Smith and Warner for the last two of the Pakistan ODIs adds an extra element of interest and scrutiny to the series that Pakistan had hoped would be played in part on their home soil.

Should both be fit and selected, it would mean Australia will have the two ODIs in Dubai, and a further two World Cup warm-up matches in Hampshire, in the south of England, with their former captain and vice-captain before the World Cup tournament gets underway.

Pakistan Cricket Board Director of International Cricket Zakir Khan said it had hoped CA would consent to playing on Pakistani soil for the first time since 1998.

"The PCB was optimistic that it will be able to convince Cricket Australia to send its side for some matches after successfully staging high-profile bilateral international series and the Pakistan Super League matches in the past 18 months," Zakir said.

"However, CA has confirmed they will send their security expert to oversee the execution of security plans for the PSL and bilateral series against other international sides in Pakistan, and will also speak with the ICC-recommended PCB security consultant.

"In the meantime, the CA have confirmed they will maintain regular contact with the ICC."

Australia play Afghanistan on June 1 in Bristol to begin a World Cup campaign they hope will culminate with an unprecedented sixth title in the July 14 final at Lord's.

A condensed tour of the UAE will see five matches played across three venues in just 10 days, starting in Sharjah on March 22.

The series begins the week after Australia's two-T20 and five-ODI tour of India concludes, and the ODI squad is likely to go direct from India to Dubai.

The Pakistan series has long been on the radar for the Australian team, with the Pakistan Cricket Board investigating options to play matches on Pakistan soil, as well as playing more of the series after the expiration of the key duo's bans.

The confirmation of dates for the Pakistan series will also give Australia's ODI players with IPL contracts some certainty.

Players selected in the squad to meet Pakistan will not be released for the IPL by CA until after that series.

The 2019 season of the IPL – its 12th edition – also begins on March 29, and Australian players selected for the Pakistan ODIs will not be available until April 2 at the earliest.

All nations must finalise their 15-man World Cup squads by April 23.

The Australian World Cup squad will assemble at Brisbane's Bupa NCC in early May for a training camp, with players involved to exit the IPL early to attend.

That camp will include a series of practice matches against New Zealand players – although the Kiwis will not recall their stars from the IPL – before heading to the UK for two warm-up matches ahead of the tournament.

Qantas ODI Tour of the UAE

First ODI: March 22, Sharjah

Second ODI: March 24, Sharjah

Third ODI: March 27, Abu Dhabi

Fourth ODI: March 29, Dubai

Fifth ODI: March 31, Dubai

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/paks...cup/2019-02-10

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Who are "we" ?
    Pakistani players

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    693 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Madness. Irrelevant conditions before the World Cup.

Should have gone back to South Africa.
    They are playing 5 ODIS in England. What more preparation do they need?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imo play a c string team for most of the games. I'd rather lose 5-0 than lose a couple of our players to injury prior to the works cup

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Josh Hazlewood ruled out of limited overs series against Pakistan

Australia’s World Cup preparations have hit yet another hurdle with Josh Hazlewood confirming he is still a long way off returning to the middle.
    Hazlewood has been ruled out of this month’s limited-overs tour of India and will also miss the subsequent series against Pakistan in the UAE after suffering a stress fracture in his back during the fourth Test against India.

The 28-year-old will have a follow-up scan on Friday and hopes to have ample preparation for Australia’s first World Cup group game against Afghanistan on June 1. The right-arm quick averages 25.15 with the ball in ODI cricket and only concedes 4.73 runs per over on average.

“Everything feels fine, training is coming along nicely, progressing every week. I think we’ll just work back from the World Cup actually, and make sure everything is right for that. I think we’ll know a lot more after the scans,” Hazlewood said on Thursday.

The quick is confident Australia’s warm-up matches ahead of the World Cup will be enough to prepare him for the showpiece event.

“We have three (warm-up) games in Brisbane in May against New Zealand, and maybe three when we get over to England. That’s six one-day games and quite enough to be ready I think.”

The Australians will also be without Mitchell Starc for the India series with the left-arm fast nursing a pectoral injury. Starc is hoping to recover in time for the limited overs series against Pakistan.

Coach Justin Langer is also sweating on the fitness of Steve Smith and David Warner for that series, with both men on the mend from elbow surgery.

Both Smith and Warner will be eligible for national selection from March 29, in time for Australia’s final two ODIs before the World Cup.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...8cd41f2ea58525