Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"What we're seeing in the system is due to years of decay, nobody has taken any notice" : Wasim Khan

Wasim Khan at his first presser as PCB MD:

"I was getting an opportunity in England to progress and also I was getting a [higher] salary but to support Pakistan cricket by coming here was a big passion of mine"

"I used to support Pakistan when they would play in England and I was in the stands when Pakistan won the CT in 2017 supporting Pakistan"

"My loyalty is with Pakistan - if I had wanted comfort and security, I would have stayed in England"

"For the me the opportunity is clear and in line with Ehsan Mani's vision about Domestic Cricket, we know that our performance is not good at the international level, especially in Tests"

"But the real problem we have is in grassroots level and that system which has been built over many many years and you dont break a system overnight"

"So our job is to check this system, do develop schools cricket, district cricket and make our domestic structure robust"

"I haven't looked at any strategy yet, but we should have a direction so that we can guide the staff and also speak to the media about it so first 3 months will be looking at strategy as we move forward"

"I cannot comment on what has already happened at the PCB"

"What I can say is that we will have a strategy for the next 5-10 years, but the work we will do now is not something that will finish in one year, this will take time"

"What we are seeing in the system is due to years and years of decay and nobody has taken any notice of whats gone on in domestic structure"

"What you see are seeing now [in terms of Pakistan's performances at the] international level is no surprise"

"Ehsan Mani has already been working hard to convince international teams to come to Pakistan; We want to bring Test cricket back to Pakistan and we want teams to be playing in Pakistan"

"We need to make sure that whatever security concerns those international teams have, we need to close those gaps"

"Pakistan is now ready to host international cricket and we are starved of international cricket"

"We need our youngsters to see our heroes playing here and not in the UAE or other parts of the world"

"I am going to Bangalore to discuss this issue with the World Cricket committee in March"

"There are political issues with clubs and I know how the voting system works at these club level"

Playing India : "Its a massive challenge and I dont think we will have a solution soon"

"We need to have some pride also when it comes to playing with India, we need to get to point when they will ask us to play them"

"Life goes on and its sad that we are not playing India but we need to carry on and move forward"
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th February 2019 at 21:41.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wasim Khan knows what he is talking about. Pakistan have always produced talented, world class players, out of which a handful have gone on to become ATGs. However, very rarely have we had a team which could be consistently considered the best team in the world at that time and it's not because of the lack of ability. Ability is not all natural, most of it is coached and amongst several other factors (inadequate investment, poor cricket infrastructure and isolation from hosting international cricket are 3 that instantly spring to mind), the lack of quality coaching at grassroots is definitely something that is impacting Pakistan and it should be addressed right from the grassroots all the way to domestic cricket. It may be that Wasim's reforms may not bring about immediate relief, but if it leads to lasting change which can be realised in a few year's time and could permanently upholster Pakistan Cricket, then he should be given full backing.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I really hope he can make some changes.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wasim should first deal with Inzi who keeps selecting a bunch wrong players for wrong formats over and over again. Inzi is at least 25% of our poor performances issue.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Wasim should first deal with Inzi who keeps selecting a bunch wrong players for wrong formats over and over again. Inzi is at least 25% of our poor performances issue.
    The problem is that our top management gets pulled into stuff like this and spend little time on building structure. Hope Wasim Khan builds PCB from bottom up first, results will follow.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Inzi might not be perfect but he is the only one I recall in recent times who has given chances to many youngsters for a long run. Imam, Shaheen, Fahkar, Farhan, Asif, Talat, Faheem, Nawaz, Shadab, Hasan Ali, Shinwari, Ruman Raees, and Harris Sohail(his comeback).

If these players can't perform then it isn't Inzi's fault

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Inzi might not be perfect but he is the only one I recall in recent times who has given chances to many youngsters for a long run. Imam, Shaheen, Fahkar, Farhan, Asif, Talat, Faheem, Nawaz, Shadab, Hasan Ali, Shinwari, Ruman Raees, and Harris Sohail(his comeback).

If these players can't perform then it isn't Inzi's fault
    I think Inzi is obsessed with PSL and gives little importance to other domestic system. All the players you have mentioned are PSL products and are more suited to T20 cricket. Whereas very few youngsters performing in first class or domestic level are given their due share. This is why we see a lot of players playing multiple formats where they are not ready yet and are losing form and focus. The sooner we start differentiating players based on their strengths the better it will be for player growth in the long run.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the fact that we are bringing in someone professional and well qualified to do the job . . not often we've been able to say that!

However, you'd think you have plans to fix the rotten system, domestic cricket, pitches, pay structures, PCB organization, etc. etc. etc.

And then . . you get hit by the bureaucracy . . that is the biggest challenge he will face! These folks in Pak (esp those in the public sector) don't want systems fixed . . cuz it suits them! They get incredible perks for nothing . .t hen they have their own lobbies. their own interests. their own 'players'.

That is the biggest challenge in this job . . I have no doubt about his professional prowess to succeed in this position. But in Pakistan and PCB, this is a different beast. Can he navigate the bureaucracy? the entrenched nepotism? Can he handle the monopoly of the bigwigs?

Best of luck! I hope he succeeds in making PCB a professional org and start to fix Pak cricket ground up

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Our actual problem is at the grassroots, in the system," Khan said

Tell us something which we don;t know.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching his interview, I'm glad he atleast understands the core problems with our cricket and will hopefully work to make the necessarily changes. Previously there wasn't even an attempt to change things.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arehaan View Post
    I think Inzi is obsessed with PSL and gives little importance to other domestic system. All the players you have mentioned are PSL products and are more suited to T20 cricket. Whereas very few youngsters performing in first class or domestic level are given their due share. This is why we see a lot of players playing multiple formats where they are not ready yet and are losing form and focus. The sooner we start differentiating players based on their strengths the better it will be for player growth in the long run.
    Apart from Shadab, Shaheen, Asif and Ruman Raees. All other players performed in the other formats and tournaments. The first two haven't performed that badly.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    "Our actual problem is at the grassroots, in the system," Khan said

Tell us something which we don;t know.
    The difference being he plans to do something about it. It will take time though.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solution and its application is the key, same diagnosis has been done by many but they didnt or were unable to do anything about it. Hopefully, Wasim Khan would be different.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Anytime someone talks long term initiatives at pcb, my eyes glaze overs. Even if they are right, their job depends on the government not changing

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He needs to identify spots where inefficient or corrupt officials are trying to protect each other.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The problem will be the men in suits in the PCB that just can't be bothered by the evolution and sustainability of our infrastructure and performances of the players.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Research every incoming chairman post adhoc 1999 speech and everyone has said the same thing. The problem is at grassroots we are going to fix it rofl. PCB has strangulated the grassroot, cricketing talent and protected the cronies in their system who did it.

Politically well connected players are chewing chances of the deserving players thanks to friends and allies in PCB. In 80s, Pakistan used to groom talent everything has gone with people like Inzamam and Subhan Ahmed at the helm who are blocking youngsters from the team.

I'm sorry but the beginning shows what the end will be. This MD will take considerable amount of time protecting the corrupt people of PCB handling the affairs of the organization. In 4 years another govt. will come and this MD taking his heavy paycheck for the 4 years, will quietly pack his bags and return back to UK leaving Pakistan cricket in the ditch.

They need adhoc to manipulate the system but this system only lasts till the patron in chief is in their favor. They would have to remove adhoc and reform PCB shifting power back to associations if they are sincere in doing something long term and sustainable, which I'm very much skeptical of .

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's talking the talk. Now he has to walk the walk.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    He's talking the talk. Now he has to walk the walk.
    It wont happen overnight.

He isnt here to fulfill people's wishlist on which player they want in their side. He is here to affect long term change.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    It wont happen overnight.

He isnt here to fulfill people's wishlist on which player they want in their side. He is here to affect long term change.
    This long term change has been going on for decades now. Admittedly results will be gradual however I am expecting improvement after about a year. New batsmen in particular have to be introduced like other top teams do and then they must perform. Our culture of giving never ending chances to average batsmen like Asad Shafiq is the problem.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have been hearing that statement for the last 15 years yet no body has step up and tried to rectify the grass root structure, hopefully Wasim will do something other than talking.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like the bit about not running after India to play us...

Well done!

Make yourself so attractive a prospect that they want to play us.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Wasim can make a big impact to the domestic structure and quality considering his work with Leicestershire. We must be patient though as these changes are going to take time to implement.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    I like the bit about not running after India to play us...

Well done!

Make yourself so attractive a prospect that they want to play us.
    More like the world won't recognize you as the best team unless you beat Pakistan. We need to get to that stage.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "I was getting an opportunity in England to progress and also I was getting a [higher] salary but to support Pakistan cricket by coming here was a big passion of mine"
    @Mamoon
    DOn't you love it when these people do dramaybaazi.

Wasim Khan got a job as MD of PCB. Obviously working for the national team after working with a club is a major career boost. Looks good on the CV for future.

Hate such dramaybaaz. Just accept that this was a better opportunity, and thats that.
    No one cares about his patriotism, and no one even asked. Mickey Arthur isn't Pakistan and he is working here, why? Because its a job with a good pay, plus national team coach goes well on the CV. Infact, working for the national team is a major goal for cricket coaches

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    @Mamoon

Wasim Khan got a job as MD of PCB. Obviously working for the national team after working with a club is a major career boost. Looks good on the CV for future.

Hate such dramaybaaz. Just accept that this was a better opportunity, and thats that.
    No one cares about his patriotism, and no one even asked. Mickey Arthur isn't Pakistan and he is working here, why? Because its a job with a good pay, plus national team coach goes well on the CV. Infact, working for the national team is a major goal for cricket coaches
    He was well settled in England and i have no doubt he was getting a higher salary in England. Not every Pakistani who goes to the West manages to successfully get well established. In an interview he mentioned PTI coming to power was a major deciding factor in his decision making, plus he is coming to Pakistan on a lower payscale vs the UK and he is bringing his family over to Pakistan as well.

Lets not doubt his intentions.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Imran at the helm, Wasim as MD, Former ICC president Mani as the PCB honcho.

If this combo cannot fix Pakistani cricket, nothing will. Wishing the best to all three.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    He was well settled in England and i have no doubt he was getting a higher salary in England. Not every Pakistani who goes to the West manages to successfully get well established. In an interview he mentioned PTI coming to power was a major deciding factor in his decision making, plus he is coming to Pakistan on a lower payscale vs the UK and he is bringing his family over to Pakistan as well.

People do make such moves for career growth. From taking charge of Leicestershire County to the Pakistan national team is major promotion.

It is a big boost to his credentials and will put him in pole position to head the ECB one day. Organizations love people who go out of their comfort zones and take on challenges.

Taking a pay cut is not unheard of either. If you are financially stable, you might be willing to move to another country for a few years and earn relatively less if it going to boost your career.

Besides, whatever salary that he is going to get in PKR will be more than enough to live lavishly during his time in Pakistan.

I agree with @Major that this whole “I am back because I am patriotic and care about Pakistan and I believe in Imran” sounds like showbaazi.

Our emotional awaam is easily fooled by these statements and lack the intelligence to understand the motives behind such decisions.

This is nothing but a great and meticulously planned career move. After leading a county, the next logical move was to lead the board of an international team.

Do you think he would have accepted this offer if the ECB or CA would have offered him the same position at this time? Obviously not.

He is here because he wants an international team on his CV, and not because he is patriotic and loves Imran.

Nevertheless, it doesn’t matter why he is here. If he does a good job, it will be benefit Pakistan cricket and that is all that we should be interested in.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    @Mamoon

Please. Have you seen what media, analysts, ex-cricketers and journalists have been saying?

Everyone is basically waiting for him to say or do even one objectionable thing so they can jump at his throat.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Do you think he would have accepted this offer if the ECB or CA would have offered him the same position at this time? Obviously not.
    Wasim Khan was asked to apply for the ECB MD role after Strauss stepped down.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People do make such moves for career growth. From taking charge of Leicestershire County to the Pakistan national team is major promotion.

It is a big boost to his credentials and will put him in pole position to head the ECB one day. Organizations love people who go out of their comfort zones and take on challenges.

Taking a pay cut is not unheard of either. If you are financially stable, you might be willing to move to another country for a few years and earn relatively less if it going to boost your career.

Besides, whatever salary that he is going to get in PKR will be more than enough to live lavishly during his time in Pakistan.

I agree with @Major that this whole “I am back because I am patriotic and care about Pakistan and I believe in Imran” sounds like showbaazi.

Our emotional awaam is easily fooled by these statements and lack the intelligence to understand the motives behind such decisions.

This is nothing but a great and meticulously planned career move. After leading a county, the next logical move was to lead the board of an international team.

He is here because he wants an international team on his CV, and not because he is patriotic and loves Imran.

Nevertheless, it doesn’t matter why he is here. If he does a good job, it will be benefit Pakistan cricket and that is all that we should be interested in.
    From what I heard ECB did approach him for the Strauss role but he preferred to do something to country he feels loyal to. I would do the same given such opportunity.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes and why not give it a shot? We should not begrudge anyone the opportunity if they want to take it.

he was already in the frame to the extent that the ECB were in constant touch with him. Nearly everybody within the ECB circles and the UK cricket journalist community were touting him as the next cheif exec.

This isnt like going from london to Birmingham and taking a pay cut. This is packing your bags and uprooting your well settled family to move to another country, a country that is not easy to settle in. Not everything is about money but then your not married or have children so your life experience is very limited in these matters.

Again whats wrong with that? he has worked hard for his paycheck and comes froma relatively humble background.

He didnt mention his patriotism. he implied it to cut off any comments before they are made. We know what our media is like. I mean look at you lot and your not even in the media. He preempted the question which shows they thought about things before talking to the media. Again this shows good strategic thinking.

Yes the stupid awaam. who need to be educated by unemotional twenty somethings with the life experience of a cat. I think the awaam isnt as stupid as you think.

I didnt realise you had a direct line to Wasim khan? firstly it is a calculated career move yes, but he already had a significant career move in the works with the ECB. This is a risky career move that could put him out of the running of any future ECB position. Do you think the old boys network isnt following this? You have no idea how hard it is for people of Paksitan origin even at the highest level to get to senior positions. The fact that Wasim rejected the chance to go further shows he is coming for more than just his career. But of course you know better because well your the clever one and everyone else is stupid. Again what life experience do you bring to a situation like this? oh yes..nothing..diddly squat..

How do you know? are you a fortune teller? How do you know? maybe they did and he wasnt interested? oh but of course your a know it all who knows everything..yes I forgot.

Maybe, or maybe IK's arrival swayed his decision making process. Sometimes it is a fine line. Especially when family is involved.

Ultimatly it is a great opportunity for him to tunr things around. If he can put major strucutres in place within two to three years he will have done his job. I think people underestimate the what he is going to do. We will see major firings and alot of people with vested interests are going to be removed. He is an intelligent guy and I can tell you from my experience (my best friend is his cousin) that he is a Pakistan cricket fan and has been for years..so thats a start.
    regards

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he is really after some ECB position than he will work extremely hard trying to do things which can enhance his CV which in turn benefit Pak cricket a lot , A win win situation for both parties I guess.
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 11th February 2019 at 19:40.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He needs to start delivering.. Whatever his intentions were for taking this job ultimately he has to deliver.. let's see what he can do in next 3-4 years it will be clear.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post

not a big deal.

people take pay cuts for such promotions as it looks good on your cv.

I remember my Dad was posted in New Delhi and during that time he got promoted in Pakistan.
    He had the option of staying in Delhi and get a very good pay but in return he wasn't going to get the promotion.
    In the end he return to Pakistan to get the promotion, but the Pay in New Delhi posting was better

It wasn't anything about patriotism it was about what was better from a career point of view.

Often people exaggerate that their motives in front of media.
    If Waseem Khan did infact move to Pakistan just for the sake of Patriotism then this shows that he is very irrational, and having an irrational person as the MD of PCB is not a smart move.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Please. Have you seen what media, analysts, ex-cricketers and journalists have been saying?

Everyone is basically waiting for him to say or do even one objectionable thing so they can jump at his throat.
    i'm not against Waseem Khan, i like his inclusion, but there is no need for such dramaybaazi. You took the job, good, no need to say that it was patriotism that influenced and this and that. He is not doing an Ehsaan on Pakistan.

Same way Mickey Arthur is our coach.

Anyways, journalists and others will offcourse be on his throat. Thing is, anyone coming from outside could destroy the club politics that exist.

There is alot of club politics that goes on in every region. Every former player who runs a club has power.

If i was running for region president for Rawalpindi, i will win votes of Rawalpindi clubs if i play the players of there clubs in the Rawalpindi region/district teams. There are often club qoutas aswell.

It doesn't matter if i improve the infrastructure or have club competations or not. If i want Gul Club to vote for me, i will have to play their certain spinner or batsmen in the region team.

Even if some other small club has a better spinner, i will have to play gul cc spinner a he might have given good money to the clubs president to get him selected or has been playing for a long time or the club president has a liking for him.

Too much politics. This needs to be destroyed.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    "What we are seeing in the system is due to years and years of decay and nobody has taken any notice of whats gone on in domestic structure"
    Someone needs to brief him.

PCB post 2000 overtook maintenance of stadiums, facilities from the city administration or associations .

Till Nasim Ashraf in 2007 they had acquired most of the stadiums like Arbab Niaz in Hyderabad and overburden PCB with more people to oversee all the facilities around the country which led to catastrophe after govt. changed in 2008 and politically favored people were appointed as PCB chairmen.

Associations have politics and issues but none compared to the PCB management, the root cause of the devastation. And it was PCB who supported people like Shakeel Sheikh to be made head of a regional association.

So the years of decay and damage is thanks to PCB. PCB is directly responsible for most of the problems that we see today.
    Last edited by Khwaja78; 11th February 2019 at 19:25.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    regards
    No point debating in length as some of the posters here will even break the positive(+) into two negatives(-) as far anything Pakistani is concerned.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite the current gulf, is India/Pakistan a contest that the majority, including neutrals, would want to see? I believe so.

In reality that should be enough reason to warrant playing, even overseas - England would comfortably be a successful venue, the US could really benefit.

Sure, a likely result in a 5 match ODI series would be 4-1 India: would still want it to happen though, the sheer game intensity would be good for our guys.

SOUND the ALAM!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give him a year and then judge. Hopefully he can make changes that can work forever

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Give him a year and then judge. Hopefully he can make changes that can work forever
    We won't see the results or these changes for years. A year's time is too little.

But yeah, hopefully he implenets a system for competitive cricket and with clear progression pathways all the way from local junior cricket to the national team.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    People under estimate the massive reputation risk Wasim Khan is taking by being involved in such a senior managerial role in the PCB. If things go wrong, it could potentially be career suicide for him. He is taking ownership and responsibility of things which could potentially not be in his control 100%.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB should give him and his team broad powers and protect them from internal political interference (at all levels). Only way to make top down shakeup work in institute like PCB.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Imran at the helm, Wasim as MD, Former ICC president Mani as the PCB honcho.

If this combo cannot fix Pakistani cricket, nothing will. Wishing the best to all three.
    Yeah but we need to be patient and not expect instant results.
    I know the patwaris wont like it one bit.