Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    No, over the history of the 2 countries we are better than you, and as we dont play each other very often, that will never change
    You can keep living in history while the rest of the world moves forward and grows ahead in present.. It's ok when your present is so bad to give yourself some consolation people chose to live in history so as to not get into depression.. Can't blame you for it, it's same with a lot of people not just in cricket but other things as well

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    You can keep living in history while the rest of the world moves forward and grows ahead in present.. It's ok when your present is so bad to give yourself some consolation people chose to live in history so as to not get into depression.. Can't blame you for it, it's same with a lot of people not just in cricket but other things as well
    I know its painful for you but we have through the history of the 2 teams been better than you. And when it mattered recently, we all also hammered you in the CT.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak was hammered by INDIA in Asia cup twice by 8 and 9 wickets respectively which is more recent...It seems @Bewal Express has gone off the track after these two defeats...or he is like an ostrich who often lie down flat on the ground when it feels threatened and doesnt want to accept the reality....

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like in the CT final?
    Like Asia Cup.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The statement from Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) managing director Wasim Khan regarding the need to make India want to play Pakistan on the cricket pitch hasn’t gone down well with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The Indian board has once again made it clear that political tension between the two countries need to stop before bilateral ties resume.

Speaking to Hindustan Times, a senior BCCI official said that it was important to understand that India won’t have any issue playing against Pakistan as soon as hostilities end and the political situation gets better.

“Once the conditions are right, no one will have any problem in the resumption of cricketing ties but that day seems to be a little far off. PCB chairman Ehsan Mani is liked and is very different from his last two predecessors — Shaharyar Khan and Najam Sethi — who had a chip stitched on their shoulders for whatever reason. But even Mani is constrained by the facts and circumstances. It all boils down to the political relations between the two countries and the end of hostilities,” he cleared.

Wasim speaking on India-Pakistan ties said: “We keep on asking them to play us but let’s create a situation where they ask us to play. I think we need to do that. It’s sad that we are not playing against them but life continues. We need to move forward and carry on. We can’t wait forever to play India. Our focus is to develop Pakistan cricket and get our team and players a lot of success at the international level.”

Reacting to that, another BCCI official said that Wasim needed to re-think the position of PCB before talking about bilateral ties.

“This Wasim Khan chap needs to understand that they should focus on their own stability first. As their own PM put it, there are small men occupying big positions in Pakistan and such statements emanate from such a syndrome,” he smiled.

The Indian board has time and again said that cricketing relations with the arch-rivals depend on the approval of the Indian government and they have no say in the matter. In fact, the International Cricket Council (ICC) recently dismissed a complaint filed by PCB questioning the BCCI’s refusal to play bilateral series against them between 2015 and 2023 despite signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).

As per claims by the Pakistan board, then BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel had signed the ‘MoU’ between BCCI and PCB wherein the Indian and Pakistan cricket board had entered into an agreement that the two countries would play six series comprising at least two Tests, five ODIs and two T20Is between December 2015 and December 2023 with four of them being hosted by the PCB. The move never went forward as the BCCI cited lack of approval from the Indian government.

The PCB had claimed losses of up to USD 70 million after two series weren’t played in November 2014 and December 2015. While the PCB tried to move the ball through talks, the BCCI made it clear that the government had the final say in this matter. PCB then sent a dispute notice to the Indian board in May and to the ICC in November.

Herbert Smith Freehills along with British lawyer QC Ian Mills fought India’s case while PCB was represented by Khwaja Ahmad Hosain, Advocate Supreme Court of Pakistan, Alexandros Panayides of Clifford Chance, London and Salman Nasser, PCB GM Legal Affairs. The ICC Disputes Panel was made up of three members — Michael Beloff QC, Jan Paulsson and Dr Annabelle Bennett.

https://m.hindustantimes.com/cricket...N08guEWAK.html
    Pretty disrespectful way to address someone as "This Wasim Khan chap". Looks like the BCCI arrogance shows no end.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    did you watch the presser? of course you didnt.

What did he say? he said that we should get the Pakistan team into such a position that india would want to play us. Right now they didnt need to play us. get Pakistan into the top echelons and the world will clamour for the series. it will be massive. imagine if we get into the top three and you are still one or two? It would become a massive series. That is what he is saying. make it an offer that cannot be refused. Ab samaj ayi?
    I don't think rankings or standing matters when in comes to Ind vs. Pak. Does not matter what the situation is, it will be a big revenue generator and will be massive. So getting Pak to the upper echelons will have minimal effect on $$$ generated. Also, as you say Ind does not need to play Pak, I do not see that changing even if Pak moves to the top echelons.

This is just political at the moment. BCCI is thriving with more revenue being generated than any other time in cricket history. So they are more than self sufficient. PCB needs to do the same. Become self sufficient.
    Last edited by USofA; 11th February 2019 at 21:24.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know its painful for you but we have through the history of the 2 teams been better than you. And when it mattered recently, we all also hammered you in the CT.
    India have appeared in more World Cup finals than Pakistan. Have won more world cups as well . You can chest pump as much as you want about winning that second grade odi tournament , but it is always India who have dominated when it mattered the most.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Pretty disrespectful way to address someone as "This Wasim Khan chap". Looks like the BCCI arrogance shows no end.
    I don't even understand why BCCI and some Indians are seemingly so upset by this. What he said had nothing to do with them anyway, he is basically stressing on the fact that Pakistan need to improve.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    I don't think rankings or standing matters when in comes to Ind vs. Pak. Does not matter what the situation is, it will be a big revenue generator and will be massive. So getting Pak to the upper echelons will have minimal effect on $$$ generated. Also, as you say Ind does not need to play Pak, I do not see that changing even if Pak moves to the top echelons.

This is just political at the moment. BCCI is thriving with more revenue being generated than any other time in cricket history. So they are more than self sufficient. PCB needs to do the same. Become self sufficient.
    Pakistan is more than self-sufficient. Despite not playing India in a full series since 2008 they've beaten #1 sides multiple times at home, achieved #1 in Tests and T20s, won a champions trophy and World T20, and has drawn two straight series in England.

The resources to beat the likes of SA and Australia abroad aren't currently available in Pakistan, but best I can tell the economy is getting better and IK is successfully rebuilding many of the relationships that Sharif and other pols destroyed-and this time money from loans abroad won't be wasted.

Wasim Khan's words were an honest statement-make it so the Indian government will say yes to a Pakistan-India series. If he does his job like he did at Leicestershire, I think Pakistan cricket will get stronger.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hardly bothers me I don't really watch much cricket and I have no problem in accepting how good Pakistan team was in the past.. in fact few of my all time favourite players are Pakistani (Wasim and shoaib)..

It's ok you have identified a coping mechanism which helps you not go into depression by clinging on to the past. There is nothing wrong in that atleast it keeps you healthy so it's actually a good thing..

It's not a healthy lifestyle to be so emotionally invested in cricket but hey it's your choice

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingaaru View Post
    Pak was hammered by INDIA in Asia cup twice by 8 and 9 wickets respectively which is more recent...It seems @Bewal Express has gone off the track after these two defeats...or he is like an ostrich who often lie down flat on the ground when it feels threatened and doesnt want to accept the reality....
    It's ok some people need a coping mechanism since they are not strong mentally.. It's not a healthy lifestyle to be so emotionally invested in a sport that you have to live in denial so that you don't go into depression.. But every person is different and if thats how someone lives their lives it's absolutely fine.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I don't even understand why BCCI and some Indians are seemingly so upset by this. What he said had nothing to do with them anyway, he is basically stressing on the fact that Pakistan need to improve.
    Yes, it was actually a pretty self reflective, internal locus of control and self assessing type statement. In short he was like lets focus on our ownselves and not worry about others. I find it funny that a notorious poster found an excuse in it to pay tribute to our neighbors to the extent that the neighbors themselves don't even feel all that highly about themselves.

Only shows the levels of self pity we have reached in Pakistan Cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    Like Asia Cup.
    Who cares about the Asia cup, we all know the CT mattered to both and we smashed you to pulp.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    India have appeared in more World Cup finals than Pakistan. Have won more world cups as well . You can chest pump as much as you want about winning that second grade odi tournament , but it is always India who have dominated when it mattered the most.
    Just at the record between the 2 and you will know who has been better in tests and Odis. It's not even close

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hardly bothers me I don't really watch much cricket and I have no problem in accepting how good Pakistan team was in the past.. in fact few of my all time favourite players are Pakistani (Wasim and shoaib)..

It's ok you have identified a coping mechanism which helps you not go into depression by clinging on to the past. There is nothing wrong in that atleast it keeps you healthy so it's actually a good thing..

It's not a healthy lifestyle to be so emotionally invested in cricket but hey it's your choice
    Records are not coping mechanisms, they are facts.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who cares about the Asia cup, we all know the CT mattered to both and we smashed you to pulp.
    Of course who cares about Asia Cup. The only matches which matter are the ones in which Pakistan win.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Of course who cares about Asia Cup. The only matches which matter are the ones in which Pakistan win.
    If you read my original posts, I was talking about the fact that through the history of the 2 countries, we have been better. Care to challenge that

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you read my original posts, I was talking about the fact that through the history of the 2 countries, we have been better. Care to challenge that
    Copied from another thread.

World Cup + Champions Trophy + Asia Cup tournament wins

India - 9

Pakistan - 4

Plus 6-0 in World Cups.

You can keep your Kitply cups and Hajmola cups. Thank you.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This post of SIR @Mamoon sums up the whole debate itself...Any sensible person will understand it. There is no shame in accepting the reality. India were not good enough against Pak in 90's but now for the last 15 years its just the other way around. The rankings, the performance against the elite teams in their own backyard or at home vindicates it all. Every other cricketing nation wants to play India and broadcasters too are ready to give it their all to get the rights of INDIAN CRICKET. Even the broadcasters of other board's cricket match give them a healthy deal coz it involves series with Indian Cricket team. PCB knows it well as they are getting 60% less amount in contract coz their team isnt playing INDIA. So its a no brainer to know that how valuable INDIAN CRICKET TEAM is. Even PCB knows it but not some delusional fans and blind patriotics. I recommend a full fleged class for them in real on this topic by our own the ony and only and none other than the great SIR @Mamoon.
    Of course he speaks your language.
    Sir/Sire/Esquire?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Copied from another thread.

World Cup + Champions Trophy + Asia Cup tournament wins

India - 9

Pakistan - 4

Plus 6-0 in World Cups.

You can keep your Kitply cups and Hajmola cups. Thank you.
    Every PK game matters and we are better than you in tests and Odis and that will never change.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Every PK game matters and we are better than you in tests and Odis and that will never change.
    Didn't you just say who cares about Asia Cup? and now you contradict with another statement that 'Every PK game matters'!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Didn't you just say who cares about Asia Cup? and now you contradict with another statement that 'Every PK game matters'!
    We could go on forever about who won what match but in the bigger scheme of things, we have been better by a long way.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    But on a purely objective note, I feel the mental block that Pakistan has against India in the last 10 years is similar to the one we had against South Africa in the 90's and against the Australian invincible team in 1999-2000's.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets not under estimate Pakistan's potential to get in the top two teams in the world. if this were to happen by any probability. The pressure on India by their own public would be huge and there would be a push for a bilateral series with Pakistan. I am surprised at how negative so many Pakistani fans are on here. The usual cage rattling from these Indian fans is to be expected.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can understand where is coming from. But for now let’s not even concentrate on playing India as it won’t happen. Let’s try to sort out system to improve our future.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan already has T20 club level league.
    They are already playing against SA, NZ, AUS and ENG.

So why worry about India.
    If BCCI and Gov dosent want to play bilateral series why keep bringing the same issue.

It is bcoz of this attitude, unnecessarily Court case was called by PCB and they lost badly.

Indian gov never complaints or keeps raising the issue of PCB to send team to India.

BCCI dosent want to send Indian team to Lahore . The End - Period. Neither are Pakistani players willing to travel to India. Period.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How did the 2012 series go ahead?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, bilaterals aside.... surely they can schedule a tri series or something?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    How did the 2012 series go ahead?
    Bcoz after that Modi came in power with more patriotic views. So 2015 and 17 series did not go ahead.
    It's simple geopolitics my friend.

Pakistan hits India in Kashmir and Rest of the country badly , where it makes India bleed and suffer. Military tactics.

India can't reciprocate in similar way bcoz of Nuclear threat.
    So only option is hit back economically, culturally, politically and socially to isolate.

This is the reason Cricket and Hockey are seeing no encounters

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT was scrapped for not being important enough lol, Asia cup is still alive and will remain so in the foreseeable future, meanwhile you can keep bragging about CT victory just like Bangladeshis do about their 2007 WC win against us.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could go on forever about who won what match but in the bigger scheme of things, we have been better by a long way.
    Lol what bigger scheme of things? You are being routinely thrashed in the biggest show of of cricket for like decades.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    CT was scrapped for not being important enough lol, Asia cup is still alive and will remain so in the foreseeable future, meanwhile you can keep bragging about CT victory just like Bangladeshis do about their 2007 WC win against us.
    CT was humiliating for Ind, but it's the overall record that is so much superior.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at some people still living in 2017 CT .India beat Pakistan twice in Asia without their best batsman and captain easily.

Pakistan's win was a fluke in CT. If Pakistan was playing India on regular basis, India would be thumping them in all formats.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT was humiliating for Ind, but it's the overall record that is so much superior.
    CT was a fluke, wrap your head around it.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than some part of late 1990s , I dont think Pakistan was superior to India in any era it was mostly evenly matched sides. Where as India has gone ahead in last decade , it is not even a fair comparision now.

Pakistan cricket is hurting a lot by unable to play matches at home.People might not realize that now but it will make huge impact in years to come.

You need youngsters to watch their heroes in person and that can be only possible when home matches are being held in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another pcb head with phobia about Ind. careless if we play them or not. If he fixes issues at the grassroots that’s all matters. We ‘ll see the better product (players) coming out of system in few years.

I ‘ll believe it when I see it.

To Management: less media talk and more work. Make your work be the talking point.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do PCB officials keep begging for India to play with their team? Do they have any self-respect whatsoever?

Arre bhai nahi khelna, mat pareshan karo yaar.

Live and let live. How difficult is this simple mantra for PCB to understand?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Another pcb head with phobia about Ind. careless if we play them or not. If he fixes issues at the grassroots that’s all matters. We ‘ll see the better product (players) coming out of system in few years.

I ‘ll believe it when I see it.

To Management: less media talk and more work. Make your work be the talking point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganju Baba View Post
    Why do PCB officials keep begging for India to play with their team? Do they have any self-respect whatsoever?

Arre bhai nahi khelna, mat pareshan karo yaar.

Live and let live. How difficult is this simple mantra for PCB to understand?
    What is actually shocking is the inability for people to understand what is being said here.

So lets get this clear

1. This was a press conference - people ask questions and expect answers
    2. He was asked about resumption of cricketing ties between pak and india
    3. He replied by saying we need to be stop worrying about india and concentrate on fixing our cricket.
    4. He did NOT beg India to play

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim Khan is saying that if Pakistan improves, then India will want to play Pakistan. That obviously is not correct. India don't want to play Pakistan due to non-cricketing reasons. That is what BCCI official is saying.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is actually shocking is the inability for people to understand what is being said here.

So lets get this clear

3. He replied by saying we need to be stop worrying about india and concentrate on fixing our cricket.
    Nice try defending Wasim Khan comment. You can join PCB media handling team I must say.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Bohra View Post
    Nice try defending Wasim Khan comment. You can join PCB media handling team I must say.
    Yes MenInG is right, WK said we need to stop begging India to play with us, if they don't wanna play with us then move on and focus on our domestic system.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Bohra View Post
    What wrong did he say? Please point it out.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading this thread really makes me think if some posters are for real!

There was nothing in that statement from Wasim khan. He actually said something everyone will agree here.
    Let’s not focus on matches against India but more on ourselves. And when we will become a force India might want to play us.

Now most Indian fans don’t agree with it, saying it has nothing to do with cricket etc, fine, you can say it calmely, without acting like 10 years old children as if WW3 is starting due to Wasim khan’s comments.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats the obsession with BCCI and Indian Cricket ? It only shows who is after whom and for what. Wasim Khan should have simply told that if they will improve their cricket then they would regularly get to play SENA teams and wont even have the need to play with the INDIAN CRICKET TEAM. BCCI officials never talk about PCB or PAK CRICKET other than responding, that too when asked or needed. But its just the opposite with PCB officials and Pak Cricket. You wont find a day when there is no talk of BCCI or Indian Cricket by them. Wasim Khan's statement just shows that Pak still wants to play with India but cant say it directly after the damage done by Nazam Sethi by dragging them for compensation.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats the obsession with BCCI and Indian Cricket ? It only shows who is after whom and for what. Wasim Khan should have simply told that if they will improve their cricket then they would regularly get to play SENA teams and wont even have the need to play with the INDIAN CRICKET TEAM. BCCI officials never talk about PCB or PAK CRICKET other than responding, that too when asked or needed. But its just the opposite with PCB officials and Pak Cricket. You wont find a day when there is no talk of BCCI or Indian Cricket by them. Wasim Khan's statement just shows that Pak still wants to play with India but cant say it directly after the damage done by Nazam Sethi by dragging them for compensation.
    Because all teams - not just Pakistan - run their budgets due the massive income from hosting India tours. Outside of Australia and England, ALL the other boards make most of their profits thanks to the money that comes in when Indian team plays a tour.

PCB's earnings for hosting India would easily be 10 times more than any other country. Even 20 years ago, when India last toured Pakistan, PCB publicly said that they would be bankrupt if not for the Indian tour. Things have only gotten more skewed since then.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banter View Post
    Because all teams - not just Pakistan - run their budgets due the massive income from hosting India tours. Outside of Australia and England, ALL the other boards make most of their profits thanks to the money that comes in when Indian team plays a tour.

PCB's earnings for hosting India would easily be 10 times more than any other country. Even 20 years ago, when India last toured Pakistan, PCB publicly said that they would be bankrupt if not for the Indian tour. Things have only gotten more skewed since then.
    And still some delusional fans think PAK Cricket doesnt need India to play with them. They should be appointed in PCB so we wont get to know these daily statementr regarding Indian Cricket by PCB officials. England do not play Zimbawe at all and neither do they talk about it. And even Zimbawe hasnt complained about it. So either it can be one way or the other with India and Pak, not the both. Either Pak Cricket needs Indian team to play with them or not.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Stop posting non-cricket stuff here or get ready to be banned.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    CT was a fluke, wrap your head around it.
    But a 40% + better winning record in odi's isn't. Nor the better record in tests. We are through the history of the 2 teams just better than you.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Watch your mouth boy, shove that condescending tone where Sun don't shine.

Pakistan has been a better team for the most part of history, which is a fact and I am not denying that, what I am saying is despite having a superior team for decades you guys were regularly beaten in the cricket's biggest show, terrorized by the likes of Venkatesh Marshal and Viv Jadeja, even with much inferior team we continued to outclass you in world cups where it matters the most. Now it's a different story altogether, India is so vastly superior in every aspect of the game that the rivalry holds very little meaning today.
    Get over it, we are better than you.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is nonsense. How do they plan on making india wanting to play pakistan? Just masala talk for the news headlines. But I do have to admit, Politics should not mix with sports. Its vile and a disgusting thing to mix two together.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1856 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @JaDed

Pakistan boosted their Head to Head record when they had a superior team, however whenever Indian team was superior we did not get to play enough bilaterals to improve our head to head because of cross border terrorism influencing the relationship.

If someone can do a deep analysis of Indian Vs Pakistan ranking since 1952 and cross reference it to result of India Vs Pakistan matches it will show that most of the times India was the better team they didn't play enough bilaterals.
    @jeetu @Buffet @Napa @cricketjoshila @Tusker can any of you post the statistics?
    I did India vs Pakistan thread in mid 2016. Please click on link below
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ing-Bowling-AR

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So lets get this clear

I was thinking the same people getting their knickers in a twist for what ?
    In essence he is saying stop worrying about India and improve our standards and get Pakistan into a position where India feel they need to play us. Talk about about making mountain of a molehill.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Wasim Khan is saying that if Pakistan improves, then India will want to play Pakistan. That obviously is not correct. India don't want to play Pakistan due to non-cricketing reasons. That is what BCCI official is saying.
    So you do not think one day India and Pak will resolve their political conflicts, and at same time Pak series being marketable/profitable also may help resume ties ?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1856 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    So this is new way to creating headlines.Mr.Khan just do it , no need to give statements which have no purpose other than gaining media attention.

PCB needs BCCI not the other way around.It won't be changing anytime soon.What is difference between you and other headline mongers.

India never stopped Pakistan or PCB from doing anything.This notion of BCCI running towards PCB if Pakistan becomes a top three team is wrong.
    India is not playing Pakistan for reasons which are know to everyone.

Good luck looking inwards and best of luck in making Pakistan top three team.
    Pakistan has the potential to be 2nd biggest financial powerhouse in cricket. It has the population and the mass following. Biggest hindrance is how PCB board is managed. Pakistan has best chance to improve in early 90's when it has a very strong team and no team had no issues in touring Pakistan. Present option is to first get PCB's house in order and then wait for best opportunity.

Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bring on the WC19 fast pls! Got bored of watching the Asia Cup highlights on Hotstar already! Can't wait to see India thrashing Pakistan again in the coming WC!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    This is nonsense. How do they plan on making india wanting to play pakistan? Just masala talk for the news headlines. But I do have to admit, Politics should not mix with sports. Its vile and a disgusting thing to mix two together.
    They are saying they want to improve the Pakistan team to such an extent that India would see it as beneficial to play us in a dhamakdaar series like e.g. 2004 and 2006 when we were both pretty equal..If Pakistan can get its act together and do something big in ODI's and tests, the next India vs Pakistan series will be the biggest series in cricket..The media, social media, promotion will go through the roof.

The problem is India's policy of isolating Pakistan politically. That is now looking like a policy that has run its course and India will (inmho) look to change its policy for the next five to ten years..

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are saying they want to improve the Pakistan team to such an extent that India would see it as beneficial to play us in a dhamakdaar series like e.g. 2004 and 2006 when we were both pretty equal..If Pakistan can get its act together and do something big in ODI's and tests, the next India vs Pakistan series will be the biggest series in cricket..The media, social media, promotion will go through the roof.

The problem is India's policy of isolating Pakistan politically. That is now looking like a policy that has run its course and India will (inmho) look to change its policy for the next five to ten years..
    Pakistan is getting isolated due its own and whole world knows whats that. No point blaming India for everything. Even Bangladesh and particularly Afghanistan have made a huge improvement with so many obstacles.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Khudi ko kar buland itna kay har series say pehlay
    India tujh say khud poochay bata teri raza kia hai

That's literally what he has said here. Idk why there's an issue with this?

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    Kab tak India,Indian government,BCCI ka rona rote rahoge?

Even Afghanistan refused to play with you in 2017

Now what does this tell you?

Just accept the truth that your nation is getting isolated internationally and thus you are facing the boycott in different fields which also includes cricket
    There will time come when India will cry for playing against Pakistan keep my words u need to remember my words that time

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is getting isolated due its own and whole world knows whats that. No point blaming India for everything. Even Bangladesh and particularly Afghanistan have made a huge improvement with so many obstacles.
    I see your a new poster. My advice would be for you to leave the jingoism at the door and come on here with more than just opinion.

Now let me enlighten you. Bangladesh is doing great no doubt. But it hasnt been fighting a war for the last 10 years. Alot of pakistani industry went to dhaka in those ten years. Pakistan has just ended a period of War. Not some peaceful picnic. This war has lasted longer than WW2 for us. As for isolation , that proved a false dawn.

Afghanistan improved? in what? killing themselves? or sending terrorists over the border to kill school children?

Why cant you simply accept that Wasim was being brutally honest and was actually critiquing the Pakistan cricket team not your pyaray raackishtaars..

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So lets get this clear

Give people some credit they are learning how to read and comprehend. So it's not easy for them to understand a simple sentence yet. They will get there soon.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indians are upset because they wanted Wasim to be like other which he is not. They though he will be begging like others, since he hasn't they are making an issue out of it.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Bring on the WC19 fast pls! Got bored of watching the Asia Cup highlights on Hotstar already! Can't wait to see India thrashing Pakistan again in the coming WC!
    You are literally validating his point... he is saying Pakistan needs to improve.

Why is it hurting so many Indian posters?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people getting their knickers in a twist over what Wasim khan said, someone asked him a question and he answered it diplomatically, no need to over dramatise the issue.

Also the BCCI said they will play pakistan when the political issues improve between the two countries but the bigoted govt in India does want peace even though Imran Khan wanted dialogue between the two, tehy declined and then the contorversy over Kapildev and Sunil Gavasger not go to Imran's cerememony, they had their arms twisted by the government to not go, This Indian govt prefers its jingoistic stance against pakistan because it gets them votes.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha lol Indians crying at the hammering in the CT 17 by calling it meaningless.

your team was exposed on the biggest stage the two teams have met on.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So lets get this clear

Yes he is expected to answer the questions.But the point is, India is not playing Pakistan due to external factors and it has got nothing to do with Pakistan being no 6 ranked team in odis.

Ranking is immaterial for India and Pakistan matches.So him saying Pakistan team needs to improve for India wanting to play Pakistan does not make any sense.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So lets get this clear

Excellent summary... I think it might still go over some people's heads.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So lets get this clear

Yeah nah...

When asked about India-Pak cricket relations, the answer is "None of it is in our hands. Bigger things are at play here and you are well aware of that".

See, simple and I didn't get paid 1 million PKR a month for this. But since this is PCB we are talking about, maybe I am expecting too much.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganju Baba View Post
    Yeah nah...

When asked about India-Pak cricket relations, the answer is "None of it is in our hands. Bigger things are at play here and you are well aware of that".

See, simple and I didn't get paid 1 million PKR a month for this. But since this is PCB we are talking about, maybe I am expecting too much.
    why cant he say stuff India lets worry about our own team first and then we worry about India, which is essentially what he implied ?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    why cant he say stuff India lets worry about our own team first and then we worry about India, which is essentially what he implied ?
    Nope. He implied that India is not playing Pak because they are not good enough which is not true. Both Khan and the journo is (I hope) aware of the circumstances so why mislead?

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see your a new poster. My advice would be for you to leave the jingoism at the door and come on here with more than just opinion.

Now let me enlighten you. Bangladesh is doing great no doubt. But it hasnt been fighting a war for the last 10 years. Alot of pakistani industry went to dhaka in those ten years. Pakistan has just ended a period of War. Not some peaceful picnic. This war has lasted longer than WW2 for us. As for isolation , that proved a false dawn.

Afghanistan improved? in what? killing themselves? or sending terrorists over the border to kill school children?

Why cant you simply accept that Wasim was being brutally honest and was actually critiquing the Pakistan cricket team not your pyaray raackishtaars..
    Its cricket that is being discussed over here not terrorism. Afghanistan is doing well in cricket after being a war torn country and affected by terrorism. And whole world knows which country is the centre of terrorism and who promotes it. So don't act like an immature or ignorant. Better stick to cricketing stuff. And Wasim wasnt honest at all coz even if Pak gets to top position in all the formats then also India wont play them and the reasons are known to all. It has got nothing to do with Pak's performance on field. Had the situation been normal between the two nations then regular series would have been going on irrespective of PAK team's performance becoz it would have generated a lot of revenue for BCCI too. If someone thinks that its the Pak cricket team's performance responsible for India refusing to play them then they are from some other planet and should stop making foolish arguements, or if going by this theory one will say that INDIA didnt honour the MOU coz Pak team's performance was below level to their liking. And now WASIM KHAN has is making sure that it doesnt happen again.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What is this, some back-handed method of asking for an Indian tour or something?

Perhaps he needs to realize that the BCCI does throw in some bones every now and then: the recent Asia Cup in the UAE was an unofficial 3-match ODI series between India and Pakistan - totally their fault they didn't make it to the 3rd game.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    What is this, some back-handed method of asking for an Indian tour or something?

Perhaps he needs to realize that the BCCI does throw in some bones every now and then: the recent Asia Cup in the UAE was an unofficial 3-match ODI series between India and Pakistan - totally their fault they didn't make it to the 3rd game.
    Try to wrap your head around the concept that this press conference was held in Pakistan and all was said was for a Pakistani audience... Indians think the world revolves around them. He answered a question about India - Pakistan series by saying we meaning Pakistan need to improve enough that they themselves want to play us. How hard is it to understand????

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody has understood the point of view of Indian posters. At least nobody has acknowledged it.
    It is quite clear what Wasim Khan said and why Indian posters are saying what they are.
    To pretend that backlash is happening for no reason is even more arrogant and nonsensical.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Try to wrap your head around the concept that this press conference was held in Pakistan and all was said was for a Pakistani audience... Indians think the world revolves around them. He answered a question about India - Pakistan series by saying we meaning Pakistan need to improve enough that they themselves want to play us. How hard is it to understand????
    You mean if Pakistan becomes no1 in all formats , India would be coming to Pakistan and ask for a series.

IMO that is not true at all. Rankings are not an incentive for this series to happen.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You mean if Pakistan becomes no1 in all formats , India would be coming to Pakistan and ask for a series.

IMO that is not true at all. Rankings are not an incentive for this series to happen.
    No, but Pakistan becomes no. 1 and India beats everyone except Pak and claims to be best side then that logic won't fly and people will say "well you haven't beat number one ranked Pakistan"..... it's not that hard to understand.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here comes another joker from PCB. This statement implies that it is Pakistan that is eager to play. As if we want to become a great team only to fulfil our desire of playing india lol.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB officials have no obligation to phrase their statements in a way that is palatable to some of our overly sensitive neighbours. Deal with it.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    No, but Pakistan becomes no. 1 and India beats everyone except Pak and claims to be best side then that logic won't fly and people will say "well you haven't beat number one ranked Pakistan"..... it's not that hard to understand.
    In your logic you say Pakistan becomes no1 and India beats everyone but is no2 but yet will claim as best side in world.

Any side cannot be no2 and claim as best side in world . I don't see that claim made by India ever.

India has been no1 side lot longer than Pakistan. There is nothing which Pakistan can achieve on the field which will make India run to it.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In your logic you say Pakistan becomes no1 and India beats everyone but is no2 but yet will claim as best side in world.

Any side cannot be no2 and claim as best side in world . I don't see that claim made by India ever.

India has been no1 side lot longer than Pakistan. There is nothing which Pakistan can achieve on the field which will make India run to it.
    Yeah man India is the best side ever... yay