Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] "Virat Kohli is a very big player, I don't think I am anywhere close to him" : Babar Azam

"People compare me with Kohli but I think he is a very big player, I don't think I am anywhere close to him, I have just started out and he's achieved a lot. I still have to do that, if my performances are up to that level then you can compare but right now there is no comparison"

Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th February 2019 at 12:03.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said! Stay humble and keep working hard!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he turns into a superstar and one of the greatest bats like Kohli in due time.. Pakistan is long overdue to put a superstar on the field.

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I presume this was some PSL related function. Poor guy must be bored of getting asked about this every time. Atleast i am bored. Questionnaire should be better.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well said Bobs

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great from Babar azam .he surely admires and respect King kohli which is right attitude

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Remain humble and keep working hard. The rest is not in your hands. Forget Kohli, I believe every upcoming young batsman from Pakistan needs to learn on what not to be from Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Great from Babar azam .he surely admires and respect King kohli which is right attitude
    But according to @Aman, only Indians call him King Kohli and he absolutely despises it.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    To be fair to Babar, he has never hyped himself up. The comparisons with Kohli have only come from bitter Pakistani fans.

Kohli is the greatest Limited Overs batsman of all time and among the top 5 greatest batsmen ever. Babar will achieve great things for Pakistan if he leaves behind half the legacy Kohli will.

His first aim should be to surpass the likes of Miandad, Inzamam, MoYo and Younis. He definitely has the ability and time to cement himself as Pakistanís greatest batsman.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    I presume this was some PSL related function. Poor guy must be bored of getting asked about this every time. Atleast i am bored. Questionnaire should be better.
    we have one of the most pathetic sports journalist .we need some one like MS or kohli who knows who to tackle stupid question from journalist

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have one of the most pathetic sports journalist .we need some one like MS or kohli who knows who to tackle stupid question from journalist
    I am pretty sure than Irfan Pathan went through the same ordeal with Wasim Akram being the comparison. But that turned out to be false alarm

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But according to @Aman, only Indians call him King Kohli and he absolutely despises it.
    why he is undisputed king whose competition are no way near him.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why he is undisputed king whose competition are no way near him.
    To be honest, the King Kohli name is super cringey.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    I said it's really cringey.

Same case for Lebron and Ronaldo even though they're far bigger stars and personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Babar lacks the power hitting game and the ability to really turn it on at the end to take the match hands on and win the match single handedly.

That's the biggest factor for me

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see humility from him.
    " Hoga apne Ghar ka Kohli" from another player was cringeworthy.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Babar lacks the power hitting game and the ability to really turn it on at the end to take the match hands on and win the match single handedly.

That's the biggest factor for me
    For the power hitters to rule the roost, a cool, calm and technically superior run accumulator is needed. So Babar should concentrate on strike rotation more than power. Player like Babar when going for power looses their perfect bat holding. Laxman is an example. Rahane as well.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very humble. He can become the greatest Pak player.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I like Babar can't believe he's related to Akmals

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dŻr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Very well spoken and humble person. This kid has future as I have repeatedly said in the past.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is this humility and level headedness that should make Bobby one of the greatest ever batsmen in cricket by the time he retires. He has all the tools needed to reach there.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Generally, there's a lot of respect between Indian and Pakistani players from all eras. A few outliers do exist but Imran was a massive fan of both Kapil and Gavaskar to say the least and that respect transcended within the team. There are countless quotes from ex-players who said that Imran would say, watch Gavaskar bat and bat like him.

Hanif was an ardent supporter of Sachin and time and again praised Sachin's craft and talent. Dravid too was well respected and so were Kumble and Srinath. Ganguly was someone Khan liked and Ganguly himself has mentioned that Imran actually met him and said positive things that motivated him when Ganguly's cricketing career was in turmoil.

Sarfaraz recently admitted about team India being senior and better and it's a common view shared among the active cricketing fraternity. Some ex-players have issues, and a section of general public veers borderline eccentric in their comprehension abilities but the respect for Indian players is generally there in the minds of Pakistani cricket fans.

Kohli has won a world-cup, a champions tropy, captains the number one test team, beaten Australia in Australia, and taken the road-map of team India to an altogether new level and that's something that makes him almost bigger than the game at this moment.

There's no comparison with him as his star stands alone ahead of all his adversaries, and it's good that Babar understands that and has never fallen for the fake hype created by some very limited vision individuals.

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said Babar, seems a calm and humble guy, admirable traits.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The zillionth time he has been asked that and the zillionth time he has negated.The poor lad.

Credit to him that he has not let this get to his head because with the amount of unnecessary hype around this topic might actually make any regular star start believing it himself.Kudos to him for staying humble.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    That question though...

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good response by Babar. He should focus on his game and keep improving with time. There is always something to learn. It never ends, whatever your age be.

He should keep himself away from these comparisons which can only distract him and should be specific on his goals rather.

One of the best young players going around without any shadow of doubt.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good response. Just concentrate on your own game and don’t worry about comparisons.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good stuff. Stay grounded, work hard and establish your own legacy.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    To be fair to Babar, he has never hyped himself up. The comparisons with Kohli have only come from bitter Pakistani fans.

Kohli is the greatest Limited Overs batsman of all time and among the top 5 greatest batsmen ever. Babar will achieve great things for Pakistan if he leaves behind half the legacy Kohli will.

His first aim should be to surpass the likes of Miandad, Inzamam, MoYo and Younis. He definitely has the ability and time to cement himself as Pakistanís greatest batsman.
    This is similar to how people want Bumrah to turn out as. He might not be the next Akram, younis, Ambrose etc. But he is on track to becoming the best fast bowler india's ever produced. However, his action will really test him.
    Last edited by a_tahir; 12th February 2019 at 01:43.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Humble lad is Babar.

I just hope he stays that way.

Very intelligent comments regarding the comparison with Kohli.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Humble lad is Babar.

I just hope he stays that way.

Very intelligent comments regarding the comparison with Kohli.
    When you say it, we believe it. We know you know every Pak player from experience while interacting with them. I still remember what you said about Shehzad even before he made his debut. And everything you said about him came out to be true.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    For the power hitters to rule the roost, a cool, calm and technically superior run accumulator is needed. So Babar should concentrate on strike rotation more than power. Player like Babar when going for power looses their perfect bat holding. Laxman is an example. Rahane as well.
    Actually a player like Inzi is the perfect role model, he was the best example on how to bat ball to ball, would take singles at will in the middle, run 2's and 3's, put the bad balls away, would operate a SR of 80 plus in the middle and would go beserk at the end. Even Yousaf operated at the same level and philosophy.

This is what is missing in our batsmen overall. The ability to play to the situation, to consolidate by playing risk free cricket and still scoring 5 runs per over, really turning it on at the death. It was as if our batting culture became extinct once we lost Inzi and Yousaf.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should be grateful we finally have a consistently performing player.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5837 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Actually a player like Inzi is the perfect role model, he was the best example on how to bat ball to ball, would take singles at will in the middle, run 2's and 3's, put the bad balls away, would operate a SR of 80 plus in the middle and would go beserk at the end. Even Yousaf operated at the same level and philosophy.

This is what is missing in our batsmen overall. The ability to play to the situation, to consolidate by playing risk free cricket and still scoring 5 runs per over, really turning it on at the death. It was as if our batting culture became extinct once we lost Inzi and Yousaf.
    For all the plaudits over his ability to play pace, Inzamam was a failure against the best pace attacks of his era. He has one hundred against Australia and South Africa collectively in over a hundred innings.

He did well against the WI but he would always lose it mentally against bowlers like McGrath, Pollock, Donald, Lee, Gillespie etc.

He also failed to deliver in the 96, 99 and 2003 World Cups when the team banked on him as the main batsman.

In ODIs, he never took responsibility to bat in the top 3 and take control of the innings. I believe that Pakistan would have done a lot better in ODIs in the 2000s with MoYo opening and Inzamam batting at 3.

Babar is already taking more responsibility than Inzamam by batting at 3 and opening in T20s in a shaky lineup. There are only two things he needs to learn from Inzamamís game - pacing his innings and chasing big totals.

Pakistan was a solid chasing unit under Inzamamís captaincy. We chased 300+ multiple times against the likes of India and Sri Lanka in that era.

Inzamam was a lazy player who never had the drive and determination to be the best player he can be. He was happy to be below the league of Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting and didnít seem eager to break into that category.

For Pakistanís sake, Babar needs to be more ambitious and dedicated than Inzamam.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For all the plaudits over his ability to play pace, Inzamam was a failure against the best pace attacks of his era. He has one hundred against Australia and South Africa collectively in over a hundred innings.

He did well against the WI but he would always lose it mentally against bowlers like McGrath, Pollock, Donald, Lee, Gillespie etc.

He also failed to deliver in the 96, 99 and 2003 World Cups when the team banked on him as the main batsman.

In ODIs, he never took responsibility to bat in the top 3 and take control of the innings. I believe that Pakistan would have done a lot better in ODIs in the 2000s with MoYo opening and Inzamam batting at 3.

Babar is already taking more responsibility than Inzamam by batting at 3 and opening in T20s in a shaky lineup. There are only two things he needs to learn from Inzamamís game - pacing his innings and chasing big totals.

Pakistan was a solid chasing unit under Inzamamís captaincy. We chased 300+ multiple times against the likes of India and Sri Lanka in that era.

Inzamam was a lazy player who never had the drive and determination to be the best player he can be. He was happy to be below the league of Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting and didnít seem eager to break into that category.

For Pakistanís sake, Babar needs to be more ambitious and dedicated than Inzamam.
    I believe Inzy did bat at the no. 3 spot for a short while - I think in the early 2000ís. But he shifted back to no. 4 in the 2003 WC

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Itís so good to see Babar Azam doing well and hopefully heíll reach greater heights inshallah. As fans we have been hearing of him since he was 16 or so.

Iíd always believed that if Babar Azam didnít do well and be a success internationally then we might as well just wrap up our domestic cricket structure and seal the National Cricket Academy.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Babar is already taking more responsibility than Inzamam by batting at 3 and opening in T20s in a shaky lineup. There are only two things he needs to learn from Inzamam’s game - pacing his innings and chasing big totals.

Pakistan was a solid chasing unit under Inzamam’s captaincy. We chased 300+ multiple times against the likes of India and Sri Lanka in that era.

Inzamam was a lazy player who never had the drive and determination to be the best player he can be. He was happy to be below the league of Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting and didn’t seem eager to break into that category.

For Pakistan’s sake, Babar needs to be more ambitious and dedicated than Inzamam.
    Trust you to go out of your way to denigrate any Pakistani player. Call Inzamam what you want i.e. Lazy, under achiever, few people will dispute that but we will kill to have someone like Inzamam in the present team right now. Same goes for Yousaf as well.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is being truthful not humble. Kohli is a match winner where as Babar mostly losses his wicket at the wrong time. He is an average player again talked up by Pak people like we always do. Kohli is on a different planet to Babar, it's not even close.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    He is being truthful not humble. Kohli is a match winner where as Babar mostly losses his wicket at the wrong time. He is an average player again talked up by Pak people like we always do. Kohli is on a different planet to Babar, it's not even close.
    This post is wrong on so many levels that I donít know where to start

The only correct thing is that yes,Kohli is on a differnet planet to him

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Damn Babar, totally not providing any entertainment to us.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    This post is wrong on so many levels that I don’t know where to start

The only correct thing is that yes,Kohli is on a differnet planet to him
    It may appear wrong to most Pak people like you who believe Babar is world class. You probably believe for Imad to be world class as well!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is being humble as usual. When the fact remains that he can teach Kohli a thing or two about winning important matches like CT17 Final.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel bad for Babar, he must be really tired of comparisons to Kohli. Journalists are total trash
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 12th February 2019 at 19:22.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good inside out point. I always think why babar not able to hit with power as he is around 25. I hope he will not cross his limits circle for just big hitting which may destroy his major primary skills.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Babar is more talented than Kohli, no comparisons whatsoever!

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganju Baba View Post
    Babar is being humble as usual. When the fact remains that he can teach Kohli a thing or two about winning important matches like CT17 Final.
    Babar hardly starred in CT17 final

Also Kohli has also won CT and done well in the final. He has won a WC too

#MPGA

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talented and level headed person, more often than not, do well in life. Wish Babar remains on the same track, he will end up as Pakistan's greatest batsman.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Choata Akmal & Ahmed Bradman should take note.. Boby is going great & will only improve since he’s hard working & humble.

Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    When you say it, we believe it. We know you know every Pak player from experience while interacting with them. I still remember what you said about Shehzad even before he made his debut. And everything you said about him came out to be true.
    Maybe that's why Shehzad wanted to fight me

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Maybe that's why Shehzad wanted to fight me

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.
    What on earth did you just say?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?218296
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th February 2019 at 02:06.

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lmao I remember this. Good times. Also the hellfire to Dilshan haha.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Future Pakistan captain.I would make him Pakistan test captain now.Unlike Umar Akmal who ran way from top order this guy is a legit top order player.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    I hope he turns into a superstar and one of the greatest bats like Kohli in due time.. Pakistan is long overdue to put a superstar on the field.
    The ingredients are all there. He has good support from the PCB brass and the coaching management. He works hard based on how he's improved. All he needs now is to carry on avoiding all the noise. He is one match defining innings in a big game away from superstardom which he richly deserves.

Sometimes I wonder if Babar played the innings in CT final that Fakhar Zaman did, he would have been on another level already. He just needs that mental boost. He's a much much better player than Fakhar who has clearly regressed.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cool calm babar what we need.
    He is going well.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul should learn from Babar Azam.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of topic - LOL is this for real? What did Saj do to **** of mr wannabe kholi?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    KL Rahul should learn from Babar Azam.
    Learn what? KL is a very calm and a grounded man. There was never a problem with his attitude.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam watches Kohli's game to fine-tune batting

Babar Azam has revealed he models himself on India captain Virat Kohli just days before the fierce rivals clash in an explosive World Cup showdown.

Babar holds the key for Pakistan against old foes India in Manchester on Sunday and the batsman has been fine-tuning his game by watching videos of the supremely talented Kohli.

Babar showed his class by scoring a brilliant 63 in Pakistan's 348-8 when they beat pre-tournament favourites England earlier in the World Cup.

His heroics gave Pakistan their only win so far in the tournament, with defeats against the West Indies and Australia, while their match against Sri Lanka was rained off.

While there is no love lost between India and Pakistan on or off the pitch, Babar is willing to admit he watches Kohli's batting and tries to learn from him.

“I watch his batting and the way he bats in various conditions and try to learn from them,” Babar told reporters.

“I try to learn with experience. This is my process of learning, so I try my 100 per cent.

“His (Kohli) winning ratio is higher (for India) so I am trying to achieve that as well.”

Babar, 24, says Pakistan's Champions Trophy final demolition of India two years ago has increased the team's confidence and they could claim another surprise success against India this weekend.

“The Champions Trophy win gave us confidence and will also help here as well because the team is mostly the same and that win is always an inspiration,” Babar said.

Pakistan, trounced by 124 runs in the opening match of the Champions Trophy by India, hit back by crushing their bitter rivals in the final. Their 180-run win at the Oval is the biggest over India in all ODIs.

“That win can never go off our memories and it's a big inspiration,” he said.

The India-Pakistan clash will be watched by a vast global audience and Babar insists the pressure will spur his unpredictable team to produce their best.

“We are well prepared for this match because India and Pakistan matches are exciting and demanding and the whole world watches it,” Babar said.

“The whole team is positive so we are looking forward to the match. Not only me but all the players want to finish on a high, whoever hits form wants to win it.”

And Babar is confident Pakistan will handle India's potent pace attack, led by world number one ODI bowler Jasprit Bumrah.

“No doubt, India have a good bowling attack but we have played well against England who also have a very good pace attack so all of us are confident the Indian pace attack will be properly handled,” Babar said.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1488200/ba...e-tune-batting

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's good to see that babar isn't arrogant. I'll let the "i don't need power hitting" comment slide.
    Coz we've had a certain player in the past say that he's better than kohli

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This guy wants to improve his game constantly which is good for Pakistan. In a few years he will be physically stronger and he can start dominating bowlers even outside power play.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good sensible comment.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is a very good batsman already in his short career. If he keeps improving, he can become one of the best in the business. I hope he doesn't get influenced by the boom boom bandwagon and stay true to his task of winning matches for his team.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChennaiFan View Post
    Babar is a very good batsman already in his short career. If he keeps improving, he can become one of the best in the business. I hope he doesn't get influenced by the boom boom bandwagon and stay true to his task of winning matches for his team.
    He is very good , but PCT has mostly extremes the booms booms and Misbah tuk tuks,only Babar inspires confidence that he can hopefully balance it out..

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    English are loving Root in there side, every side needs a Babar, ignore the other poster who state he needs 150 SR, its not his job.

Babar is alot better than he thinks he is. He is only 24.. Plenty of years to improve.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want him to go and score a winning a century against India.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bloke is having a level head on his shoulders. Was reading an article about him on cricinfo about how he deconstructs every dismissal to not let success get to his head. His pursuit for greatness is lovely to watch as Pakistani supporter who started watching cricket in 2011 . Ever since then he is the best Pak batsman I have seen live.
    I was there at Taunton and his drives were sooo beautiful to watch. They were a purists dream. He is one the most elegant batsman in the World. Up there with Williamson and Kohli( cover drive)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's not THAT big tbh.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    He's not THAT big tbh.
    Who?

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally a saeed anwar type leading batsman for Pakistan, he played brilliantly against Australia but he is unlucky to get out, India had sachin, now kohli, Pakistan now has Babar its only in the Pakistan cricket circle to provide him the support to become a kohli like player.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He tends to play freely in the powerplay. I would be inclined to have him open for upcoming match by dropping fakhar at 3. Fakhar will be a better option in negating Chahal too as he is a good player of leg spin.Kuldeep though is another story. The best person to negate him is Malik and he can't buy a run in England and is batting like Chris Martin.
    If we bat first, the only hope for winning would be to have either or Babar or Imam to stay till the end while Hafeez and others play some good slightly bigger cameos. 40s and 50s.
    If we bowl first, the target should be to get Rohit and Kohli in the first 10 overs. Don't think Shankar, Dhoni and Pandya can do much damage if sent in early.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is right coz Virat is a match winner who can finish the job where as Babar is just an overrated batsman who can't handle pressure. He is much closer to Raj Babbar at least in name then Virat Kohli!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is right coz Virat is a match winner who can finish the job where as Babar is just an overrated batsman who can't handle pressure. He is much closer to Raj Babbar at least in name then Virat Kohli!
    I won't blame you because you're Pakistani.
    We want things to right in one night.
    Give him a break he is still learning , he don't have sachin ,sehwag, dhoni as a mentor in his team. But still has better record than kohli at same age and number of matches.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny_majoka View Post
    I won't blame you because you're Pakistani.
    We want things to right in one night.
    Give him a break he is still learning , he don't have sachin ,sehwag, dhoni as a mentor in his team. But still has better record than kohli at same age and number of matches.
    No we don't. Babar has been around for a while now and should be winning matches for us. If he wants a break then he should take a permanent one.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s looked in good touch in the last 2 games.

I’ll do anything for a 100 by him against India at a 85+ Strike rate!

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No we don't. Babar has been around for a while now and should be winning matches for us. If he wants a break then he should take a permanent one.
    You have a better alternate batsman to replace him?

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It’s actually makes him worse. You cannot be Kohli by watching videos just like become singer like Bon Jovi or guitarist like Slash. You have to be born with the talent like this in the first place then need years of hard work.
    Babar should block his ears, play his natural game and rotate the strike. Players around him should play with more responsibility i.e Fakhar, Malik, Sarfraz, Asif. Even Kohli cannot win matches if all the players fail.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucdkee View Post
    You have a better alternate batsman to replace him?
    Point is that Babar is not world class like many Pak fans think. He is the best of a bad lot we have.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Forgot about Kohli, Root, Tendulkar or Williamson from the current Indian team 4 players are far superior than him. People should stop comparing him with any great player and put him under pressure and destroy him.
    Instead hacks like Fakhar and Asif have to score rather than get out quickly.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point is that Babar is not world class like many Pak fans think. He is the best of a bad lot we have.
    i don't think you know how players become world class. world class tag comes with time.
    you are true he is not world class at the momment. but he has all the ingredients to become world class.
    one match winning inning against india and you will singing praises for him