Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 90
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    What is the reason for David Warner not participating in PSL4?

    Honest question...

    Is Warner saving himself for an international comeback?
    Is he worried about getting Injured before the IPL?
    Is he currently injured?
    Is he too expensive for PSL franchise owners?
    Does he have an issue with the PCB or something along those lines?
    Has he been shunned a PSL contract because he outright refused to go to Pakistan?

    So strange to think that the guy is not occupied due to work commitments during this period but chooses to sit idle.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,121
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why should he play in the PSL? He has the Ashes and World Cup coming up. So why risk injury? PSL maybe the gold standard for you but for elite players it isn’t.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,721
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Perhaps he didn't want to travel to Pakistan or he wanted to stay fit and play IPL.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    31,675
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Didn't he have surgery? Must have been advised rest

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,157
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    PSL money is still well below IPL salaries. Therefore many players will prefer the IPL to PSL if they only want to play in one of them.



  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    PSL money is still well below IPL salaries. Therefore many players will prefer the IPL to PSL if they only want to play in one of them.
    So what about BPL and CPL salaries?


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,157
    Mentioned
    1611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    So what about BPL and CPL salaries?
    Some players don't want to play in all T20 lesgues and with the PSL there is the issue of security.



  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Some players don't want to play in all T20 lesgues and with the PSL there is the issue of security.
    I just get the impression that Warner would rather play the easier tournaments instead of putting his IPL value at risk. At this moment he would make whatever money he can especially considering the major financial loss that he has suffered throughout the year.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  9. #9
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    694
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too arrogant anyway and doubtful he would travel to pakistan as big boy warner portays himself as a tough guy but is too scared to come to pakistan when his compatriots like Time Paine are happy to go there.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,206
    Mentioned
    5838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I just get the impression that Warner would rather play the easier tournaments instead of putting his IPL value at risk. At this moment he would make whatever money he can especially considering the major financial loss that he has suffered throughout the year.
    What do you mean by “easier”?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    What do you mean by “easier”?
    You know very well what I mean. Don’t try to argue that the PSL isn’t a challenge. Your pessimism won’t work here.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,206
    Mentioned
    5838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    You know very well what I mean. Don’t try to argue that the PSL isn’t a challenge. Your pessimism won’t work here.
    Oh of course. Only ATGs like Wright, Bopara, Kamran and Ronchi etc. can score runs in the PSL. Average players like Warner cannot dream of scoring runs in this ultra challenging competitions.

    Get over your delusions. Just because Gayle has not scored much in the PSL does not make it a tough league. It is a very average league both in terms of batting and bowling standards.

    Barring a couple like de Villiers and Morgan, the world’s best active players do not play in the PSL.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Oh of course. Only ATGs like Wright, Bopara, Kamran and Ronchi etc. can score runs in the PSL. Average players like Warner cannot dream of scoring runs in this ultra challenging competitions.

    Get over your delusions. Just because Gayle has not scored much in the PSL does not make it a tough league. It is a very average league both in terms of batting and bowling standards.

    Barring a couple like de Villiers and Morgan, the world’s best active players do not play in the PSL.
    What’s wrong with you? Really? Have you been refused a job at the PCB? I’m not sure what your personal vendetta is with anything Pakistani cricket. Or is this your way to stand out on this forum? Present the gimmick of the anti villain?


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,206
    Mentioned
    5838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    What’s wrong with you? Really? Have you been refused a job at the PCB? I’m not sure what your personal vendetta is with anything Pakistani cricket. Or is this your way to stand out on this forum? Present the gimmick of the anti villain?
    What do you expect me to say when you post something lame? Did you seriously think this through?

    One of the greatest openers in the modern era who has demolished some of the best attacks in the world is “afraid” of playing in the PSL because it is very challenging?

    The reason why Warner is not playing is quite logical. The IPL, the ODI series against Pakistan (where he might make his return), the World Cup and the Ashes are of much, much higher priority.

    The next 6 months could define his future as an Australian cricketer. He is not going to risk getting injured by playing in the “difficult” league of pensioners in empty stadiums and venues that are under security threat.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    3,972
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I just get the impression that Warner would rather play the easier tournaments instead of putting his IPL value at risk. At this moment he would make whatever money he can especially considering the major financial loss that he has suffered throughout the year.
    Makes no sense whatsoever. IPL is streets ahead of every other domestic T20 league.

    If you actually think PSL is a tougher league then all I can say is RIP to your cricketing logic

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Makes no sense whatsoever. IPL is streets ahead of every other domestic T20 league.

    If you actually think PSL is a tougher league then all I can say is RIP to your cricketing logic
    When did I say that PSL is a tougher league? I said his IPL value could be dented if he fails to perform on this platform. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the way the guy is thinking.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    What do you expect me to say when you post something lame? Did you seriously think this through?

    One of the greatest openers in the modern era who has demolished some of the best attacks in the world is “afraid” of playing in the PSL because it is very challenging?

    The reason why Warner is not playing is quite logical. The IPL, the ODI series against Pakistan (where he might make his return), the World Cup and the Ashes are of much, much higher priority.

    The next 6 months could define his future as an Australian cricketer. He is not going to risk getting injured by playing in the “difficult” league of pensioners in empty stadiums and venues that are under security threat.
    Whatever you say mate.

    Can I ask, what exactly is your cricketing background? I am genuinely asking you this not to insult you or question your cricketing knowledge.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I just get the impression that Warner would rather play the easier tournaments instead of putting his IPL value at risk. At this moment he would make whatever money he can especially considering the major financial loss that he has suffered throughout the year.
    Ah...Those "Mighty mighty PSL delusions" are back!!!

    PSL is shunned by stars because it is a 2nd rung league which forces players to travel to dangerous territory in the later part of the tournament. You can console yourself thinking that it is some gold standard of cricket.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_ View Post
    Ah...Those "Mighty mighty PSL delusions" are back!!!

    PSL is shunned by stars because it is a 2nd rung league which forces players to travel to dangerous territory in the later part of the tournament. You can console yourself thinking that it is some gold standard of cricket.
    No, that’s not entirely true. PSL is shunned by stars because of its schedule conflicting with other series around the world. How are PSL franchise Owners supposed to get commitment from Ben Stokes who is currently playing a Test match in West Indies?

    The question is in specific relation to Warner. His mate Steve Smith plays only as much cricket as he does and he joined only to be ruled out for injury. Something isn’t right with this bloke


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    120
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL fans looks upset because Warner played BPL but not playing PSL

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,031
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What is so special about Warner? He averages 26 with a SR 140, those are solid number but nothing amazing.

    Just because he can average 60 with a SR 151 in IPL doesn't mean he is an amazing player.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    802
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No doubt Warner has made himself unavailable to focus on and stay fit for the upcoming assignments.

    But honestly speaking he would have been a failure in the PSL. The pitches are very challenging and low scoring and he doesn't have it in him to stay out there for to long.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,508
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has nothing to do with PSL. He is a professional cricketer and has just played BPL, will make an international comeback probably in UAE against Pakistan and then he will play IPL and then the world cup.

    He is a human after all who needs to take rest and give time to his family. Its easier for players to play all leagues who have retired like ABD or may be players who dont play all formats at international level like Munro.

    I am pretty sure if PSL would have been bit earlier before his international comback he would have surely played.
    Last edited by Titan24; 12th February 2019 at 07:14.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    120
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad mouthing For Warner only because he is not playing PSL.

    PSL fans gone to new LOW

    Not only Warner any player who is preferring different leagues to PSL is getting same Treatment here..

    COOL loyal PSL FANS I must say.
    Carry on

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    16,301
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wants rest most likely.

    And the tournament is also quite low profile, not enough high quality players or competitiveness.

    We shouldn't forget that it's a retired players league till now.
    @Rana please, it's his choice.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    921
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have read in the news. He got injured during his BPL stint. So did Smith. Elbow i believe

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    6,145
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Probably needs some rest, fans here seem so fickle and insecure

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,300
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bopara, Luke Ronchi,Samit Patel,Ross Whiteley,John Hastings,Rilee Rossouw are better talent than Warner in theory. In reality, real talent never delivers and PSL is a reality while other leagues are fantasy leagues.
    Afterall they did score in the most difficult T20 league in the world.
    Chris Gayle failed ( it is different thing that maybe he just appeared in tournament for names sake to
    make some quick pocket money). but popular myth is he cannot face quality bowling. That was reason last year Russel was "injured" after playing one game in PSL and then played full IPL soone after

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There may be a time when this psl greattt bowlers get a chance to bowl in Bangalore, than we will know their standards

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    804
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible that to save face, PCB decides to schedule PSL during that time of the year, when no one would be able, as then they could say the players are busy rather than they just wont come because of substandard quality in terms of spectators and below par scoring wickets.

    Oh, by the way, on the same wickets, india kicked Pakistan everytime we played in asia cup and made it looked easy. So, poor quality cricket all around with retired players and few active foreign players, who were rejected by other leagues. No wonder, players arent interested.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,882
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Does Warner have anything to lose by not featuring in the PSL?

    That's the question one can answer. The $$$ can be easily made elsewhere - he's not from Zimbabwe.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    10,866
    Mentioned
    1624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's played BPL.

    He'll be playing IPL soon and will be hoping for an imminent return to the national Australian team.

    He's just trying to pick and choose the tournament's he plays to give himself a chance to stay fit and return to the national team ASAP, whilst still getting match practice under his belt.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,229
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Wants rest most likely.

    And the tournament is also quite low profile, not enough high quality players or competitiveness.

    We shouldn't forget that it's a retired players league till now.
    @Rana please, it's his choice.
    Nothing to do with profile of the tournament, he probably has injury issues and needs rest.
    And "retired players league" -do we really need to demean everything Pakistani ? I can understand Mamoon doing this because he gives impression of being insecure about his nationality but I do not think it suits likes of yourself. PSL has been nothing but success and considering all the security issues Pakistan had and inability to provide IPL level funding. I am so surprised how many "current" and some "retired" stars have been participating.
    Last edited by PakPremi; 12th February 2019 at 20:11.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    16,301
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @PakPremi

    Who says PSL isn't enjoyable? It sure is, I enjoy it too and want it to succeed, improve.

    But, there's also another side and some facts, which you cannot close eyes and say are wrong.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    all those providing excuses for Warner fail to overlook the fact that De Villiers and Munro are featuring and Smith would have featured. That’s three of the biggest names in world cricket. That nullifies this rubbish of “no elite names”. Warner isn’t a bigger player than Munro so these negative comments about PSL go down the drain. I am willing to argue with anyone who claims Warner is a bigger brand right now as compared to Munro


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,257
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Oh of course. Only ATGs like Wright, Bopara, Kamran and Ronchi etc. can score runs in the PSL. Average players like Warner cannot dream of scoring runs in this ultra challenging competitions.

    Get over your delusions. Just because Gayle has not scored much in the PSL does not make it a tough league. It is a very average league both in terms of batting and bowling standards.

    Barring a couple like de Villiers and Morgan, the world’s best active players do not play in the PSL.
    Yes and IPL has GOAT's like Unadkat, Tambe, Utappa, etc. who score runs and take wicket. Oh Yes Utappa is better then every Pakistan batsmen because of culture.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    249
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A similar type of attitude was noticed last year from Mitchell Johnson who was touted to be a part of PSL, but backed out stating he would rather rest himself for the more lucrative IPL : |

  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,882
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    all those providing excuses for Warner fail to overlook the fact that De Villiers and Munro are featuring and Smith would have featured. That’s three of the biggest names in world cricket. That nullifies this rubbish of “no elite names”. Warner isn’t a bigger player than Munro so these negative comments about PSL go down the drain. I am willing to argue with anyone who claims Warner is a bigger brand right now as compared to Munro
    Colin Munro - the biggest name in world cricket?


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Colin Munro - the biggest name in world cricket?
    He has the best Strike rate in world T20, are you going to argue with me that he isn’t a world superstar?
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th February 2019 at 16:17.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,743
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Why should he play in the PSL? He has the Ashes and World Cup coming up. So why risk injury? PSL maybe the gold standard for you but for elite players it isn’t.
    Well he was actually injured in Bangladesh and ruled out of playing cricket for the period in which the PSL is played.

    Nice try though.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure why every thread has to be hijacked by an Indian supporter who just wants to degrade anything with Pakistan written on it. I didn’t once criticise the IPL or Indian cricket but certain so called Pakistan fans who always have to say something divert the entire thread into this direction. I stick by what I said. Warner is a hypocrite and he isn’t more valuable than ABD or Munro to think he is too good for PSL as some of the jokes I’ve heard saying here.

    And d*’mn right PSL is a tough league as you will see in relation to the quality of spin. Last year’s PSL has phenomenal fielding standards also. I’m sick of hearing people always looking for negatives when these 6 franchise oweners and PCB are out there doing their best to represent a proud cricketing nation!
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th February 2019 at 16:18.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,743
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I’m not sure why every thread has to be hijacked by an Indian supporter who just wants to degrade anything with Pakistan written on it. I didn’t once criticise the IPL or Indian cricket but certain so called Pakistan fans who always have to say something divert the entire thread into this direction. I stick by what I said. Warner is a hypocrite and he isn’t more valuable than ABD or Munro to think he is too good for PSL as some of the jokes I’ve heard saying here.

    And d*’mn right PSL is a tough league as you will see in relation to the quality of spin. Last year’s PSL has phenomenal fielding standards also. I’m sick of hearing people always looking for negatives when these 6 franchise oweners and PCB are out there doing their best to represent a proud cricketing nation!
    Warner is injured, that is all. Don't listen to all this rubbish by the posters on here.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,206
    Mentioned
    5838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Well he was actually injured in Bangladesh and ruled out of playing cricket for the period in which the PSL is played.

    Nice try though.
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Warner is injured, that is all. Don't listen to all this rubbish by the posters on here.
    I would like to apologise for raining your parade but,

    Warner declined PSL's offer to enter the auction back in October. His injury in the BPL last month has absolutely nothing to do with his decision to not participate in the PSL.

    It is quite absurd to see people clutching at straws by using his injury as an excuse and accusing him of being afraid of the bowling standards in the PSL. The reason why he is not playing is very logical. The IPL, the World Cup and the Ashes are of paramount importance for him and he is not going to risk missing all that by getting injured in the PSL.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,743
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I would like to apologise for raining your parade but,

    Warner declined PSL's offer to enter the auction back in October. His injury in the BPL last month has absolutely nothing to do with his decision to not participate in the PSL.

    It is quite absurd to see people clutching at straws by using his injury as an excuse and accusing him of being afraid of the bowling standards in the PSL. The reason why he is not playing is very logical. The IPL, the World Cup and the Ashes are of paramount importance for him and he is not going to risk missing all that by getting injured in the PSL.
    Well fair enough if he turned it down, but that does not then form an argument that top players do not want to play in the PSL, considering many other major names are (no point in listing them herE), and some would have done if not for injury.

    This was Warner's choice, not a smear on the PSL itself.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Well fair enough if he turned it down, but that does not then form an argument that top players do not want to play in the PSL, considering many other major names are (no point in listing them herE), and some would have done if not for injury.

    This was Warner's choice, not a smear on the PSL itself.
    Exactly my point.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,206
    Mentioned
    5838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Well fair enough if he turned it down, but that does not then form an argument that top players do not want to play in the PSL, considering many other major names are (no point in listing them herE), and some would have done if not for injury.

    This was Warner's choice, not a smear on the PSL itself.
    The top contemporary players would have shown a keen interest in playing in the PSL if it wasn't for the two stumbling blocks - (1) the scheduling and (2) playing matches in Pakistan.

    Feb-March are months in international cricket. As a result, quite a lot of players are on international duty. Furthermore, the PSL ends roughly 10-12 days before the IPL starts, which means that quite a few players are wary of getting injured or burning out before the IPL starts.

    Finally, most players still deem Pakistan a dangerous place to play cricket in, and taking the risk of touring Pakistan is simply not worth it. For active international players who earn good from their cricket boards and great money from the IPL, there is very little to gain from participating in the PSL.

    Unless and until the two constraints are removed, the PSL will be largely reliant on retired international cricketers.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,206
    Mentioned
    5838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Yes and IPL has GOAT's like Unadkat, Tambe, Utappa, etc. who score runs and take wicket. Oh Yes Utappa is better then every Pakistan batsmen because of culture.
    The IPL has some average players as well. Not ever player in India is a superstar. However, the majority of the best international players in the world play in the IPL but not the PSL. It is an undeniable fact, and I have already explained why that is the case in my previous post.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The top contemporary players would have shown a keen interest in playing in the PSL if it wasn't for the two stumbling blocks - (1) the scheduling and (2) playing matches in Pakistan.

    Feb-March are months in international cricket. As a result, quite a lot of players are on international duty. Furthermore, the PSL ends roughly 10-12 days before the IPL starts, which means that quite a few players are wary of getting injured or burning out before the IPL starts.

    Finally, most players still deem Pakistan a dangerous place to play cricket in, and taking the risk of touring Pakistan is simply not worth it. For active international players who earn good from their cricket boards and great money from the IPL, there is very little to gain from participating in the PSL.

    Unless and until the two constraints are removed, the PSL will be largely reliant on retired international cricketers.
    Well thanks for that captain obvious but that doesn't explain how Smith decided to go ahead with a PSL deal and so did ABD. The question here is about David Warner and his choice to not rake in even a bit of cash instead of none whatsoever. The guy has no real excuse for not participating in the PSL.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The IPL has some average players as well. Not ever player in India is a superstar. However, the majority of the best international players in the world play in the IPL but not the PSL. It is an undeniable fact, and I have already explained why that is the case in my previous post.
    There is some truth in that as PSL is a very tough league as the bowlers have good qualities. Furthermore, this is only evident from the fact that Pakistan is number one in the ICC T20 table. Yet they don't play their cricket at home.

    Now PSL is going to have more matches at home so it will be even more challenging.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,206
    Mentioned
    5838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Well thanks for that captain obvious but that doesn't explain how Smith decided to go ahead with a PSL deal and so did ABD. The question here is about David Warner and his choice to not rake in even a bit of cash instead of none whatsoever. The guy has no real excuse for not participating in the PSL.
    Firstly, no one needs to have any excuse to not participate in the PSL. International cricketers are not slaves, and they are not entitled to play in the PSL. If Warner or someone else feels that they gain little from playing in the PSL, it is their decision and something that we should respect.

    de Villiers is not the best example. Feb-March is South Africa's home season, and de Villiers has retired from international cricket. He only plays in 3-4 leagues around the world. His workload is not intense compared to someone like Warner, who plays all formats for Australia in addition to playing franchise cricket.

    Also, he is now 35 and has suffered from plenty of injury problems. In a couple of years or so, he might have to retire from professional cricket altogether. At this stage of his career, he does not have the luxury of picking and choosing leagues and will simply take anything that comes his way.

    As far as Smith is concerned, there could be multiple reasons why he opted to play in the PSL. Perhaps he feels that he needs more match practice before the IPL and the World Cup.

    Prior to getting banned, his performance in Limited Overs cricket was quite ordinary. He failed in the home ODI series against England and didn't do well in India either, so the PSL represented a good opportunity for him to brush up his rusty Limited Overs batting.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,206
    Mentioned
    5838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanNn View Post
    There is some truth in that as PSL is a very tough league as the bowlers have good qualities. Furthermore, this is only evident from the fact that Pakistan is number one in the ICC T20 table. Yet they don't play their cricket at home.

    Now PSL is going to have more matches at home so it will be even more challenging.
    The bowling attacks in the PSL are quite average, but they are made to look better than they are because of the UAE pitches where 150-160 is usually a match-winning total. On IPL pitches and boundaries, they would routinely go for 200+ runs.

    I believe that the bowlers in the PSL will get exposed the more we play in Pakistan. Our pitches are quite similar to India's, and the average scores are going to be higher.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Firstly, no one needs to have any excuse to not participate in the PSL. International cricketers are not slaves, and they are not entitled to play in the PSL. If Warner or someone else feels that they gain little from playing in the PSL, it is their decision and something that we should respect.

    de Villiers is not the best example. Feb-March is South Africa's home season, and de Villiers has retired from international cricket. He only plays in 3-4 leagues around the world. His workload is not intense compared to someone like Warner, who plays all formats for Australia in addition to playing franchise cricket.

    Also, he is now 35 and has suffered from plenty of injury problems. In a couple of years or so, he might have to retire from professional cricket altogether. At this stage of his career, he does not have the luxury of picking and choosing leagues and will simply take anything that comes his way.

    As far as Smith is concerned, there could be multiple reasons why he opted to play in the PSL. Perhaps he feels that he needs more match practice before the IPL and the World Cup.

    Prior to getting banned, his performance in Limited Overs cricket was quite ordinary. He failed in the home ODI series against England and didn't do well in India either, so the PSL represented a good opportunity for him to brush up his rusty Limited Overs batting
    .
    Yep, they only play as a last resort in the PSL. And PSL isnt really a challenge as their isnt much to gain, even the Platinum contracts for 3 weeks work are peanuts so its better to skip it. Cool story bro


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  53. #53
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,206
    Mentioned
    5838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Yep, they only play as a last resort in the PSL. And PSL isnt really a challenge as their isnt much to gain, even the Platinum contracts for 3 weeks work are peanuts so its better to skip it. Cool story bro
    It is what it is, and you have to make peace with it. Arrogance will not help here.

    Today, Pakistan cricket is not the brand it was 15-20 years ago. We have very little bargaining power.

    Pakistan’s standing in world cricket can be summed up by the fact that in spite of almost no international cricket in Pakistan for 10 years, the game has not been affected.

    However, if the likes of India, Australia and England stop hosting matches, it will have a big impact on international cricket.

    Pakistan’s status as an outcast can be further gauged by the fact that the IPL has become the biggest league in the game with 0 Pakistani players. In fact, the IPL brand is bigger than Pakistan cricket itself.

    As long as Pakistan has the reputation of a terror-stricken country and the PSL is scheduled just before the IPL, the PSL will be a last resort for the elite, active players.

    If this is a “cool story” for you, perhaps you can better explain why de Villiers and Warner did not participate in PSL 1, 2 and 3.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    312
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is what it is, and you have to make peace with it. Arrogance will not help here.

    Today, Pakistan cricket is not the brand it was 15-20 years ago. We have very little bargaining power.

    Pakistan’s standing in world cricket can be summed up by the fact that in spite of almost no international cricket in Pakistan for 10 years, the game has not been affected.

    However, if the likes of India, Australia and England stop hosting matches, it will have a big impact on international cricket.

    Pakistan’s status as an outcast can be further gauged by the fact that the IPL has become the biggest league in the game with 0 Pakistani players. In fact, the IPL brand is bigger than Pakistan cricket itself.

    As long as Pakistan has the reputation of a terror-stricken country and the PSL is scheduled just before the IPL, the PSL will be a last resort for the elite, active players.

    If this is a “cool story” for you, perhaps you can better explain why de Villiers and Warner did not participate in PSL 1, 2 and 3.
    In other word’s from your logic we can deduce that since cricket have not been affected so, despite Pakistan hosting in uae with high costs Has sustained that too hosting SL WI whom the saint nations of world try to avoid playing. You are implying too extremes of the situation no hosting vs hosting at some other place are different things. Last 12 months India didn’t hosted much still cricket is being played and not effected a small sample; as India has toured eng aus nz sa in this time

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,743
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The top contemporary players would have shown a keen interest in playing in the PSL if it wasn't for the two stumbling blocks - (1) the scheduling and (2) playing matches in Pakistan.

    Feb-March are months in international cricket. As a result, quite a lot of players are on international duty. Furthermore, the PSL ends roughly 10-12 days before the IPL starts, which means that quite a few players are wary of getting injured or burning out before the IPL starts.

    Finally, most players still deem Pakistan a dangerous place to play cricket in, and taking the risk of touring Pakistan is simply not worth it. For active international players who earn good from their cricket boards and great money from the IPL, there is very little to gain from participating in the PSL.

    Unless and until the two constraints are removed, the PSL will be largely reliant on retired international cricketers.
    The top contemporary players will be there and many of us will be watching. yOu can always tune in to...I dunno...Tea with Karan or whatever you like to watch.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon

    Oh God, I love decoding the non-sense you serve up when it comes to insulting Pakistan cricket out of pure hate rather than rational thinking.

    1. "Pakistan cricket is not the brand it was 15-20 years ago. We have very little bargaining power"

    What brand are you talking about mate? When we had Wasim, Waqar, Afridi, Anwar, Inzimam, Yousuf, Saqlain etc. These are guys who built a name for themselves and Pakistan by playing regularly at home and dominating so many other weaker sides such as India, New Zealand and all the rest. The issue is that those weaker sides have overtaken Pakistan and they are mediocre currently but they are still a better side than quite a few others. Even Australian cricket is no longer a brand the way it was 10 years ago. Transition and changes are the name of the game. Yesterday it was the West Indies, a decade later it was Australia and a couple of decades later it is India. Who knows who could be the 'brand' tomorrow? To say that only brands have bargaining power is an absolute lie. what does have bargaining power is the Almighty dollar and whoever has it. If Afghanistan cricket board have a budget of £10m to host a premier tournament and they decide to use £8m to hire Virat Kohli to play in the tournament from that budget, thats all that will matter at the end of the day.

    2. "Pakistan’s standing in world cricket can be summed up by the fact that in spite of almost no international cricket in Pakistan for 10 years, the game has not been affected".

    Right, so thats why the world of cricket is crying/worrying about the future of the sport itself? Test cricket is a dying art in countries such as England. I know, have seen first hand how the ECB is laying so much emphasis on providing cricket to any child no matter what financial background they are from to be introduced to the sport. Australian cricket has been on a downslide since the legends retired and now this Sandpaper scandal has brought them to an all time low. How much cricket will New Zealand produce with a population of 4M?? To think that one of the biggest markets for cricket is yet to be tapped into is shocking just because that country is terror stricken but is working very hard to restore cricket at home. You say it like if there was no Pakistan in the world of cricket, the sport will still go on. It will, but it will not expand, its not expanding and you have no statistic to prove otherwise.

    3." Pakistan’s status as an outcast can be further gauged by the fact that the IPL has become the biggest league in the game with 0 Pakistani players. In fact, the IPL brand is bigger than Pakistan cricket itself."

    The English Premier league is a bigger brand than Real Madrid and Barcelona. Going by your logic, the IPL is a bigger brand than most countries, if not all of them. BCCI will not be able to sustain its expensive domestic and international wage bill without IPL money. IPL is a bigger brand than Australian, English and South African cricket? Why are you singling out Pakistan only? PSL is probably a bigger brand than the PCB and most boards also. I would rather have the owners of PSL franchises running the PCB with their financial and business resources. What a pathetic argument!

    4. "As long as Pakistan has the reputation of a terror-stricken country and the PSL is scheduled just before the IPL, the PSL will be a last resort for the elite, active players."

    I don't disagree with this, but what you fail to overlook is the fact that cricket is not the reason for Terror and poor international relations, yet cricket has to become a casualty of war in this instance. Do you think the PCB and cricket lovers in Pakistan are not trying their best to prove that this is a country where 99% of the population are respectful, loving human beings who love the game of cricket?

    5. "If this is a “cool story” for you, perhaps you can better explain why de Villiers and Warner did not participate in PSL 1, 2 and 3."

    Its a fresh new league. AB played cricket for SA during this period and played IPL the following month, he was clearly unavailable. He also must have had doubts about Pakistan's security arrangements hence didnt tour with the World XI boys out of which 5-6 gun SA players were a part of (Miller, Du Plesis, Amla, Tahir, Duminy, Morkel) This perception must have changed after his mates have told him that you are pretty much protected from the moment you set foot on the flight to Pakistan.

    As for Warner, same issue when it came to International duty, but he has gone on to prove that it really doesn't matter what situation Pakistan finds itself in. He is from an old school of Aussies that would not tour Pakistan even if it were the 90s or early 2000s.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,882
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    He has the best Strike rate in world T20, are you going to argue with me that he isn’t a world superstar?
    Yes I am. Because I don't think any statistics in the Tontee-Tontee format are relevant in any context.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Yes I am. Because I don't think any statistics in the Tontee-Tontee format are relevant in any context.
    KL Rahul eased his way to a 12 ball 50 last IPL.

    "Where are you nowwww?'
    -Alan Walker


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,882
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    KL Rahul eased his way to a 12 ball 50 last IPL.

    "Where are you nowwww?'
    -Alan Walker
    Nobody cares about KL Rahul or Colin Munro. Disconnect your TV until these pyjama leagues end and turn it back on when the real cricket is live.

    After all - nobody is paying you a single cent to watch Kamran Akmal top some table in the desert.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Nobody cares about KL Rahul or Colin Munro. Disconnect your TV until these pyjama leagues end and turn it back on when the real cricket is live.

    After all - nobody is paying you a single cent to watch Kamran Akmal top some table in the desert.
    Well hopefully B McCullum and ABD can put that right this time? Just like Sohail Tanvir was the leading bowler in IPL one lol


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,257
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    @Mamoon

    Oh God, I love decoding the non-sense you serve up when it comes to insulting Pakistan cricket out of pure hate rather than rational thinking.

    1. "Pakistan cricket is not the brand it was 15-20 years ago. We have very little bargaining power"

    What brand are you talking about mate? When we had Wasim, Waqar, Afridi, Anwar, Inzimam, Yousuf, Saqlain etc. These are guys who built a name for themselves and Pakistan by playing regularly at home and dominating so many other weaker sides such as India, New Zealand and all the rest. The issue is that those weaker sides have overtaken Pakistan and they are mediocre currently but they are still a better side than quite a few others. Even Australian cricket is no longer a brand the way it was 10 years ago. Transition and changes are the name of the game. Yesterday it was the West Indies, a decade later it was Australia and a couple of decades later it is India. Who knows who could be the 'brand' tomorrow? To say that only brands have bargaining power is an absolute lie. what does have bargaining power is the Almighty dollar and whoever has it. If Afghanistan cricket board have a budget of £10m to host a premier tournament and they decide to use £8m to hire Virat Kohli to play in the tournament from that budget, thats all that will matter at the end of the day.

    2. "Pakistan’s standing in world cricket can be summed up by the fact that in spite of almost no international cricket in Pakistan for 10 years, the game has not been affected".

    Right, so thats why the world of cricket is crying/worrying about the future of the sport itself? Test cricket is a dying art in countries such as England. I know, have seen first hand how the ECB is laying so much emphasis on providing cricket to any child no matter what financial background they are from to be introduced to the sport. Australian cricket has been on a downslide since the legends retired and now this Sandpaper scandal has brought them to an all time low. How much cricket will New Zealand produce with a population of 4M?? To think that one of the biggest markets for cricket is yet to be tapped into is shocking just because that country is terror stricken but is working very hard to restore cricket at home. You say it like if there was no Pakistan in the world of cricket, the sport will still go on. It will, but it will not expand, its not expanding and you have no statistic to prove otherwise.

    3." Pakistan’s status as an outcast can be further gauged by the fact that the IPL has become the biggest league in the game with 0 Pakistani players. In fact, the IPL brand is bigger than Pakistan cricket itself."

    The English Premier league is a bigger brand than Real Madrid and Barcelona. Going by your logic, the IPL is a bigger brand than most countries, if not all of them. BCCI will not be able to sustain its expensive domestic and international wage bill without IPL money. IPL is a bigger brand than Australian, English and South African cricket? Why are you singling out Pakistan only? PSL is probably a bigger brand than the PCB and most boards also. I would rather have the owners of PSL franchises running the PCB with their financial and business resources. What a pathetic argument!

    4. "As long as Pakistan has the reputation of a terror-stricken country and the PSL is scheduled just before the IPL, the PSL will be a last resort for the elite, active players."

    I don't disagree with this, but what you fail to overlook is the fact that cricket is not the reason for Terror and poor international relations, yet cricket has to become a casualty of war in this instance. Do you think the PCB and cricket lovers in Pakistan are not trying their best to prove that this is a country where 99% of the population are respectful, loving human beings who love the game of cricket?

    5. "If this is a “cool story” for you, perhaps you can better explain why de Villiers and Warner did not participate in PSL 1, 2 and 3."

    Its a fresh new league. AB played cricket for SA during this period and played IPL the following month, he was clearly unavailable. He also must have had doubts about Pakistan's security arrangements hence didnt tour with the World XI boys out of which 5-6 gun SA players were a part of (Miller, Du Plesis, Amla, Tahir, Duminy, Morkel) This perception must have changed after his mates have told him that you are pretty much protected from the moment you set foot on the flight to Pakistan.

    As for Warner, same issue when it came to International duty, but he has gone on to prove that it really doesn't matter what situation Pakistan finds itself in. He is from an old school of Aussies that would not tour Pakistan even if it were the 90s or early 2000s.
    Excellent Post. POTW.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,882
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Well hopefully B McCullum and ABD can put that right this time? Just like Sohail Tanvir was the leading bowler in IPL one lol
    Your handle says you joined in Jan '06 - quite a while before T20 came into the mainstream. So why are you salivating over this junk format when you got into the game after you saw the real stuff?

    McCullum, de Villiers, etc. are retired players. Let them earn whatever but leave them to it. We shall tune back in time for the World Cup.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    25,961
    Mentioned
    2019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    No big deal - he is not the “icon”, that missing him should cost sum status. In fact, Warner has enough past for his captain to be uncomfortable in a cricket field. He is trying to come in Australia squad after a year without much competitive cricket and there are lots, lots of cricket for Australia in next few months - almost non stop till their summer of 2020 ends, it makes sense that he skipped a tournament which doesn’t pay much. I think his biggest focus now is to get into Australia squad for PAK series and then IPL, which should lead him into WC smoothly.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,882
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No big deal - he is not the “icon”, that missing him should cost sum status. In fact, Warner has enough past for his captain to be uncomfortable in a cricket field.
    Doesn't matter when the said team is a plastic unit assembled for 3 weeks a year, the captain only cares about the money like Warner anyway, and that Warner can play dinky reverse switch-hits which is apparently considered "box office cricket".


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    2,998
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Doesn't matter when the said team is a plastic unit assembled for 3 weeks a year, the captain only cares about the money like Warner anyway, and that Warner can play dinky reverse switch-hits which is apparently considered "box office cricket".
    You're not a T20 league fan, fair enough. But why are you intent on being a killjoy for those who actually follow and like them?

  66. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,882
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    You're not a T20 league fan, fair enough. But why are you intent on being a killjoy for those who actually follow and like them?
    Because I am entitled to my point of view just like they are entitled to theirs.

    Besides, these are Test and ODI fans first and foremost - that's why they are in this forum and have joined here over a decade ago.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Queen of Arabian Sea
    Runs
    2,998
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Because I am entitled to my point of view just like they are entitled to theirs.

    Besides, these are Test and ODI fans first and foremost - that's why they are in this forum and have joined here over a decade ago.
    See, even i am not a fan of T20 in general. I just watch it for fun . I watch IPL just to watch some youngsters. But just because Tests and ODI s came first, why can't they like T20s? It was the same for ODIs in the 70s.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Your handle says you joined in Jan '06 - quite a while before T20 came into the mainstream. So why are you salivating over this junk format when you got into the game after you saw the real stuff?

    McCullum, de Villiers, etc. are retired players. Let them earn whatever but leave them to it. We shall tune back in time for the World Cup.
    Same was said for the ODIs when they were first introduced and now look.
    The world is moving fast no one has the time to watch 8 hours of cricket for 5 days everyday.
    That is one of the reasons that football is so successful. It lasts only 90 mins and all u need is a ball.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,214
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Makes no sense whatsoever. IPL is streets ahead of every other domestic T20 league.

    If you actually think PSL is a tougher league then all I can say is RIP to your cricketing logic
    reading comprehension issues? This is what he meant:

    Warner would rather play easier tournaments than PSL so that Warner does not put his IPL value at risk.

    I am surprised you did not get this considering you are from UK.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    3,972
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    reading comprehension issues? This is what he meant:

    Warner would rather play easier tournaments than PSL so that Warner does not put his IPL value at risk.

    I am surprised you did not get this considering you are from UK.
    No comprehension issues. He subtly implied PSL is a tougher league IPL. Would suggest following the convo trail next time!

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,214
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    No comprehension issues. He subtly implied PSL is a tougher league IPL. Would suggest following the convo trail next time!
    You definitely have comprehension issues. Read his post again. He did not compare PSL with IPL at all subtly or not. He did subtly compare PSL with T20 leagues other than IPL.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    3,972
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    You definitely have comprehension issues. Read his post again. He did not compare PSL with IPL at all subtly or not. He did subtly compare PSL with T20 leagues other than IPL.
    You can hold his hand for as long as you wish but I know very well what he implied. If you're going to claim PSL is a tough league, then you're implying it's around or better standard than the IPL. However the reality is very different since it is a very average league filled with retired players participating in empty stadiums.

    Just because some words aren't said explicitly it doesn't restrict you to use your intellect and resemble a train of thought of those with learning difficulties. Grasping critical thinking would be well advised.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,257
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    You can hold his hand for as long as you wish but I know very well what he implied. If you're going to claim PSL is a tough league, then you're implying it's around or better standard than the IPL. However the reality is very different since it is a very average league filled with retired players participating in empty stadiums.

    Just because some words aren't said explicitly it doesn't restrict you to use your intellect and resemble a train of thought of those with learning difficulties. Grasping critical thinking would be well advised.
    Ipl is filled with GOAT's like tambe, unadkat etc.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    3,972
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Ipl is filled with GOAT's like tambe, unadkat etc.
    It used to be with the likes of Tambe lol but the truth is their home players are better than the Pakistanis in every department whether it be batting, pace or spin bowling. Only the fielding in the PSL has been able to match the high IPL standards. As for overseas players there is no comparison.

    Pakistan can improve the standard of the league by restricting the number of 32+ aged players in the XI.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,257
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    It used to be with the likes of Tambe lol but the truth is their home players are better than the Pakistanis in every department whether it be batting, pace or spin bowling. Only the fielding in the PSL has been able to match the high IPL standards. As for overseas players there is no comparison.

    Pakistan can improve the standard of the league by restricting the number of 32+ aged players in the XI.
    The reasons why their home players are better is due to the last line of your post. If we get rid a lot of the garbage like Misbah, ifti etc. I am sure our youngsters will give a good account of themselves.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    3,972
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    The reasons why their home players are better is due to the last line of your post. If we get rid a lot of the garbage like Misbah, ifti etc. I am sure our youngsters will give a good account of themselves.
    Couldn't agree more, truth is he has set the worst example and done so much damage to Pakistan in limited overs cricket I could honestly write a book about it. Thanks to him we will now see other senior (or prospective senior) players aiming to hog a spot in the team on the basis of their experience until they reach 45. Even a retired 40+ Abdul Razzaq took inspiration from Misbah.

    Whether he plays for the first team or not for PZ, it's going to be a humiliating season for him that will be on display for everyone to see.
    Last edited by topspin; 13th February 2019 at 22:08.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    You can hold his hand for as long as you wish but I know very well what he implied. If you're going to claim PSL is a tough league, then you're implying it's around or better standard than the IPL. However the reality is very different since it is a very average league filled with retired players participating in empty stadiums.

    Just because some words aren't said explicitly it doesn't restrict you to use your intellect and resemble a train of thought of those with learning difficulties. Grasping critical thinking would be well advised.
    I made myself clear before and I know very well that I didnt once claim that PSL is a tougher league than IPL, so stop misinterpreting me. I dont need to resort to subtle meanings about things that I feel, ive always expressed myself pretty boldly and will continue to do so.

    Once again, not for your clarification as you have serious comprehensions skills as noted by a fellow poster, but for the clarification of this argument I stated that Warner probably feels his IPL value (which is substantial) could be at risk if he fails to live up to the vast expectations attached to his T20 pedigree if he fails in the PSL. This is actually very likely to happen, he will not just walk into the PSL and smash the likes of Imad Wasim or the young spinners we get to see develop in this league to all corners of the park.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  78. #78
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,257
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Couldn't agree more, truth is he has set the worst example and done so much damage to Pakistan in limited overs cricket I could honestly write a book about it. Thanks to him we will now see other senior (or prospective senior) players aiming to hog a spot in the team on the basis of their experience until they reach 45. Even a retired 40+ Abdul Razzaq took inspiration from Misbah.

    Whether he plays for the first team or not for PZ I eagerly await the humiliation in which he deserves.
    I have supported PZ, but not this year thanks to Misbah. Razzaq played domestics in order to play PSL. Thankfully no one bought him. Misbah has set this precedent and i am sure a lot the our old players will retire in their 40s now. People like Kamran Akmal, Faisal Iqbal, Khurram Manzoor are already using Misbah as a reference. Hoping for PZ to lose all the games and hopefully Misbah is the culprit in majority of them. This is a simple reason why i like younis more then him younis could have easily played in PSL 1, but he didn't. After all Misbah love for the game is admirable. Someone like Saif Badar could have played in place of Misbah, i don't care if he turned out to be rubbish at least he has a chance of representing us in future.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    3,972
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I made myself clear before and I know very well that I didnt once claim that PSL is a tougher league than IPL, so stop misinterpreting me. I dont need to resort to subtle meanings about things that I feel, ive always expressed myself pretty boldly and will continue to do so.

    Once again, not for your clarification as you have serious comprehensions skills as noted by a fellow poster, but for the clarification of this argument I stated that Warner probably feels his IPL value (which is substantial) could be at risk if he fails to live up to the vast expectations attached to his T20 pedigree if he fails in the PSL. This is actually very likely to happen, he will not just walk into the PSL and smash the likes of Imad Wasim or the young spinners we get to see develop in this league to all corners of the park.
    No but you implied PSL is a tough league which says it all really, so it doesn't take a genius to follow your trail of thought.

    I would suggest you to learn from knowledgeable posters such as Mamoon and putting your green tints aside for the sake of your rationale.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,705
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    No but you implied PSL is a tough league which says it all really, so it doesn't take a genius to follow your trail of thought.

    I would suggest you to learn from knowledgeable posters such as Mamoon and putting your green tints aside for the sake of your rationale.
    What is rationale about ripping Pakistan cricket or whatever it tries to do all the time? You may be happy to be subjected to constant unnecessary demoralisation on this forum by the same few but I am not. And if I smell ** I would call it out. The same knowledgeable poster claimed that Shubman Gill is already better than all batsmen that are playing for Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. His tints are sprayed wit the permanent blue colour to the point of no return!

    So now you change your line of attack by saying that claiming PSL is a tough league is wrong on my part....What?? Why???? The Pakistan cricket team is the number one side in the world in T20. I have proven on this forum that it possesses players that are worth top dollar in the current IPL market. Most certainly the PSL provides a challenge otherwise the 'retiring superstars' would be the ones that are topping the lists via a country mile.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •