Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    224
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Are Ambati Rayudu and Kedar Jadhav really very good or poor players?

    Many game watchers have extreme opinions about these two players. Certainly they are one of the slowest fielders in the team.How would you rate their batting overall?

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,329
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rayadu is an average player, but Jadhav is a poor player. He cannot play proper pace and he is a patheitc fielder. Even worse than fatty Rayadu.

    These 2 cannot be counted upon when the top order fails. Dhoni adds to the woes of the middle order. A middle order of Rayadu/Jadav/Dhoni is worse than even Pak middle order.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    224
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should DK be played in place of Jadhav? But then who will ball 5-6 overs of part time spin?

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,308
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Far from good for Indian standard .What ever happen to raina he was very dangerous

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,329
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Far from good for Indian standard .What ever happen to raina he was very dangerous
    Got old and is over weight. That hand eye coordination is missing. But I still feel he is better than Jadav and Rayadu.

    Raina contributes to the team in multiple ways. His fielding is still top class and does not waste too many deliveries. He is still a very useful ODI player. But T20 is something he is struggling now.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    6,124
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We had yuvi, Dhoni and Raina in past.. Now we have Rayudu, Jadhav and Current Dhoni so obviously fans will dissaponted.. As a cricket nation we should be producing better players than the past and progressing in right direction but seeing Rayudu, kartick and Jadhav it seems we are regressing.. They are just mediocre players and it's not their fault.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,308
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Got old and is over weight. That hand eye coordination is missing. But I still feel he is better than Jadav and Rayadu.

    Raina contributes to the team in multiple ways. His fielding is still top class and does not waste too many deliveries. He is still a very useful ODI player. But T20 is something he is struggling now.
    i feel kohli did not allow him settle and quick to drop him for some odd reason .Jadhav fielding is laiblity and as a bowler raina was as good jadhav is while raina is excellent fielder.

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,329
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    We had yuvi, Dhoni and Raina in past.. Now we have Rayudu, Jadhav and Current Dhoni so obviously fans will dissaponted.. As a cricket nation we should be producing better players than the past and progressing in right direction but seeing Rayudu, kartick and Jadhav it seems we are regressing.. They are just mediocre players and it's not their fault.
    The selectors did not test enough players. They started selecting oldies who had their chances before and failed.

    Not one attacking player from IPL has been given a chance. We kept going back to TTF's.

  9. #9
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,606
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jadhav is a good player considering his bowling. Rayudu is just average.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    6,124
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    The selectors did not test enough players. They started selecting oldies who had their chances before and failed.

    Not one attacking player from IPL has been given a chance. We kept going back to TTF's.
    Well what's done is done now.. I hope after world cup we can get rid of dead weight and try some exciting young players.. Hopefully the younger bunch can take their chances and take Indian team to the next level..

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    912
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you look around at other teams, then neither Rayudu nor Jadhav look particularly out of their depth. Compare them to players like Shaun Marsh, Handscomb, Duminy, Malik, Hafeez, Babar Azam, Latham, Miller, Nicholls, and the likes. Both of the Indian bats are good enough to be ranked in that group of players.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,951
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Jadhav is a fine utility player who would easily walk into many sides in the world.
    Rayudu otoh is garbage.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    1,353
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Rayadu is an average player, but Jadhav is a poor player. He cannot play proper pace and he is a patheitc fielder. Even worse than fatty Rayadu.

    These 2 cannot be counted upon when the top order fails. Dhoni adds to the woes of the middle order. A middle order of Rayadu/Jadav/Dhoni is worse than even Pak middle order.
    On the contrary, i think Jadhav is actually a decent player while Rayudu is absolutely useless.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    2,765
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jadhav is quality and clutch. His only problem is his fitness.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    548
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Rayadu is an average player, but Jadhav is a poor player. He cannot play proper pace and he is a patheitc fielder. Even worse than fatty Rayadu.

    These 2 cannot be counted upon when the top order fails. Dhoni adds to the woes of the middle order. A middle order of Rayadu/Jadav/Dhoni is worse than even Pak middle order.
    sorry dude, you can't snatch that title from our team

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,560
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This team had a middle order of Kohli/Yuvraj/Raina/Dhoni in CWC2011.

    Thats the only reason why fans are frustrated.

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,071
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Pakistani fan, counting on these two to cost India the WC!

    The rest of the team looks scary!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    228
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened to Raina? Is he facing heat because he was in Dhoni camp. Kohli doesn’t like Jadeja too. I think Jadhav is ok and Rayadu is better than Rahane in ODIs.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    10,409
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadhav is decent IMO while Rayudu is just average.

    Both can do fine if they have to play support roles but can't win games alone or even lead their way to win against a big team or on a big day.

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,951
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    As a Pakistani fan, counting on these two to cost India the WC!

    The rest of the team looks scary!
    I wouldn't write them off too quickly if I were you.
    Remember Jadhav running through your line up in the Asia cup?
    And that's not even his job in the team. He is clutch batsman and very hand at times. Only problem is his fitness.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,951
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cric_lover4487 View Post
    What happened to Raina? Is he facing heat because he was in Dhoni camp. Kohli doesn’t like Jadeja too. I think Jadhav is ok and Rayadu is better than Rahane in ODIs.
    Dude Kohli is like the biggest supporter of Dhoni.
    Last edited by The Viper; 12th February 2019 at 00:41.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,106
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rayudu is decent, nothing special but does the job Kohli wants from the number 4. Don’t see anything in Jadhav.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,717
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don;t get the hate about Jadhav. He has some fantastic stats and is a fine utility player. Can strike big in the latter stages and bowl some crucial overs with the ball. Rayudu is not amazing but i guess he can anchor the innings and be useful in case of a collapse.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,102
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadhav is good utility for 1 or 2 year but rayudu is still in the team with his pathetic 80 strike rate batting is unacceptable.

    Dhoni 2.0 aka "the momentum finisher"
    has made middle order worse.

    Karthik who debuted in 2004 for India is still can't win middle order spot. he is doing well in t20s but can't replicate same in odi. His strike rate has been as worse as dhoni in past 3 years.

    manish pandey & shreyash iyer were better than likes of rayudu & karthik imo.

  25. #25
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,329
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    Jadhav is good utility for 1 or 2 year but rayudu is still in the team with his pathetic 80 strike rate batting is unacceptable.

    Dhoni 2.0 aka "the momentum finisher"
    has made middle order worse.

    Karthik who debuted in 2004 for India is still can't win middle order spot. he is doing well in t20s but can't replicate same in odi. His strike rate has been as worse as dhoni in past 3 years.

    manish pandey & shreyash iyer were better than likes of rayudu & karthik imo.
    Pandey is useless with the bat. He is a brilliant fielder though.

    Iyer's fielding was a joke. His batting was barely okay. But he seems to have improved since then. His performance in last IPL was good.

    A combo of Pandey and Iyer wpuld have been good.

    I still believe that Shaw and Gill cannot be any worse than the likes of Rayadu. I know Gill failed in the 2 chances he got. But he is still class. He will come good eventually.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,010
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see it this way, for us to have any chance at the WC the Kuli-Chahal combo is an absolute must have, one of the reasons Pandya should always be in the team is to make sure Kulcha plays most of the matches but trusting Pandya with full 10 overs is a gamble more often than not, this is where Jadhav comes in, he does not only compensate for Pandya but time and again proved that he is an intelligent bowler with a knack of picking crucial wickets, he provides that unique balance without which we would be forced to play bits and pieces players like Krunal, Jadeja and Vijay Shankar.

    On top of that there's this small thing of Jadhav averaging 44 @107 with the bat and 31 with ball and will walk into most team's middle order with batting alone.

    Rayudu should be replaced by someone like Gill, Iyer or Pant.
    Last edited by Hyperion66; 12th February 2019 at 01:55.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good assessment would be.

    Given tough situation , how many times this lower middle order will bail india out of 50/3.
    I would say they will fail 7-8 out of 10.
    It dosent change whether u have DK in or out or Kedar in and out or Ryadu in and out. Any combination u try. It will fail. Such is mediocre talent of these 3 players combined.

    Better to try Rahane , around whom Pandaya Shankar Pant can play around freely.

    Even Badani, Kanitkar, Bedade, Dinesh Mongia or Bangar would do better than these jokers

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,071
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    I wouldn't write them off too quickly if I were you.
    Remember Jadhav running through your line up in the Asia cup?
    And that's not even his job in the team. He is clutch batsman and very hand at times. Only problem is his fitness.
    I kind of agree with you. But I think my post says more about the quality of the other players vs these two! haha!

    I was strictly speaking in relative terms

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    2,213
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jadhav is awesome.

    Lol at someone suggesting Dinesh mongia wouldve done better.... one of the most pathetic players Ive ever seen.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,898
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jadhav is fine for now.

    Rayudu is disaster waiting to happen. He will do a Yuvi at T20 WC 2014 on us.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    189
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadhav is a good batsman who can a score runs at high SR, relatively consistent and a decent part time bowler with his weird action and astonishingly slow balls. Only problem is that he might pull a hamstring just by standing still on the ground.

    Rayadu is none of these things which also means that he is not even getting injured anytime soon.

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dr
    Runs
    14,951
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I kind of agree with you. But I think my post says more about the quality of the other players vs these two! haha!

    I was strictly speaking in relative terms
    In that case you are right. They are a level below when compared to the top 3.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's play a quick game. I will post a picture below and you rank the players in order of who you would pick first - if you wanted a batsman for the middle order. Let's forget about Jadhav's extremely useful bowling stats.

    Name:  rayudu-compare.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  77.7 KB

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    7,132
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On current form and ability both are better than Dhoni! So they might not be the biggest problem for Indian team.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,102
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banter View Post
    Let's play a quick game. I will post a picture below and you rank the players in order of who you would pick first - if you wanted a batsman for the middle order. Let's forget about Jadhav's extremely useful bowling stats.

    Name:  rayudu-compare.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  77.7 KB
    For playing at no.3 or 4 I will pick 2nd one
    For playing at no.5/6 3rd one is best option

    2nd player's team would love to have someone clutch like 3rd Player.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    For playing at no.3 or 4 I will pick 2nd one
    For playing at no.5/6 3rd one is best option

    2nd player's team would love to have someone clutch like 3rd Player.
    My point was to compare a batsman almost everybody considers to be "really good" etc etc, and putting the stats side by side, shows that both Rayudu and Kedar actually have performed very well in spite of not getting the chance to stat pad at the top of the order. Obviously, a batsman's individual stats will be negatively impacted if more than half the time you are coming in to bat with few overs left and your job is to try and maximize the team score. Put Rayudu at #3 for 15 games straight, and watch his numbers jump up. Now I'm no Rayudu fan, he's a bad fielder and that's something unacceptable in the new Indian team.

    But there's a lot of unfair perception of him on his batting. He's a decent bat who hasn't gotten a chance to bat at #3 where he's a natural fit.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •