Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    Tamim is the key for Bangla.
    Actually maybe not. BD middle/lower order is now capable of at least 250 even when top order fails.

Problem is with the formation BD is trying, they really need at least 2 gun bowlers who can take wickets in NZ conditions. Both Mashrafe and Fizz are dibbly dobbly bowlers in SENA conditions especially after their injuries. However, I expect BD test bowling to significantly improve with Ebadat-Abu Jayed-Khaled-Fizz.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Guys chill. BD should really be happy just to get invited to NZ for 3 Tests matches in preparation for WC. BD is not expected to BOSS NZ in NZ conditions, we are far from doing that yet. Nonetheless, I expect test to be more competitive as we have a far stronger test bowling lineup now.

Nz managed to blow away Ind top order 2 out of 3 times, and last year they crushed Pak 5-0, with one of the game Pak was 30/8 at one stage IIRC.
    How does it make sense to play test matches in preparation of world cup?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry guys I am not following much cricket these days but it looks like so called best all rounder Shakib Al Hasan opted out from another tough overseas tour. Its becoming a norm now for him, bash teams at home in doctored pitches, play all meaningless T20 leagues for $$$$ and chicken out during tough overseas tour citing injury. He kept his team hanging in SA and now doing the same for NZ tour. Best all rounder for you guys

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Sorry guys I am not following much cricket these days but it looks like so called best all rounder Shakib Al Hasan opted out from another tough overseas tour. Its becoming a norm now for him, bash teams at home in doctored pitches, play all meaningless T20 leagues for $$$$ and chicken out during tough overseas tour citing injury. He kept his team hanging in SA and now doing the same for NZ tour. Best all rounder for you guys
    As usual, came here to troll in BD game thread. I really thought that finally you have raised your shame level and left PP, .... but, never mind. Shakib has a hair line fracture on bowling thumb in BPL final, hence he had to skip the ODI tour for which he was assigned captain. He is indeed the best all rounder around and scored a double hundred in previous tour of NZ to be chickened out.

@Hyperion66, can you add further on this as I explained- I have lost taste.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    As usual, came here to troll in BD game thread. I really thought that finally you have raised your shame level and left PP, .... but, never mind. Shakib has a hair line fracture on bowling thumb in BPL final, hence he had to skip the ODI tour for which he was assigned captain. He is indeed the best all rounder around and scored a double hundred in previous tour of NZ to be chickened out.

@Hyperion66, can you add further on this as I explained- I have lost taste.
    Btw! What has happened to Fizz the Bowler? Is he low on confidence or lost his rythm/form after injuries? Is he going to be a part of SRH in this year's IPL? I enjoy watching him bowl but looks like he's a shadow of his past these days. I don't want him to go Hasan Ali way!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Btw! What has happened to Fizz the Bowler? Is he low on confidence or lost his rythm/form after injuries? Is he going to be a part of SRH in this year's IPL? I enjoy watching him bowl but looks like he's a shadow of his past these days. I don't want him to go Hasan Ali way!
    He was part of MI last year. They have not retained him this year.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    15 days of cricket is better than 3-5 ODIs.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He is more of a pressure bowler. These wickets are not his type and he doesn't have conventional swing, neither blistering pace but in any condition, he is not the bowler to defend smaller totals regardless of how bad (or good for bowling) the wicket is. He'll trouble every team defending bigger totals and on selective wickets, but not in NZ on those tracks and smaller grounds. Even yesterday, in his opening spell he got Guptil's edge couple of times and it went flying either side of gully, but Kiwis always had the game in control. To bring Mustafiz in game effectively, BD batsmen has to perform their role - he is not the guy to run through a side, unless batsmen are attacking him.

I think, he'll last longer because of his intelligence and always will be a threat on Asian wickets where his bowling suits and his batsmen can put a challenging total.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Most of our batsmen are regular (common) for Test & ODI team. Shot making ability isn't their problem (actually they play too many shots often), rather they need to stay in middle. I think, playing Test cricket in NZ will help them acclimatize with the bounce & pace of the tracks which is very similar to English ODI wickets and it should make them value own wicket more - at least we can hope

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    He is more of a pressure bowler. These wickets are not his type and he doesn't have conventional swing, neither blistering pace but in any condition, he is not the bowler to defend smaller totals regardless of how bad (or good for bowling) the wicket is. He'll trouble every team defending bigger totals and on selective wickets, but not in NZ on those tracks and smaller grounds. Even yesterday, in his opening spell he got Guptil's edge couple of times and it went flying either side of gully, but Kiwis always had the game in control. To bring Mustafiz in game effectively, BD batsmen has to perform their role - he is not the guy to run through a side, unless batsmen are attacking him.

I think, he'll last longer because of his intelligence and always will be a threat on Asian wickets where his bowling suits and his batsmen can put a challenging total.
    Fizz the economy bowler is more or less useless in SENA. He wont be able to defend even 310 score. I am more excited about BD nextgen test bowling.