Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    3,453
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Trouble getting a visa to Pakistan from US

    Iíve been trying to get a tourist visa for Pakistan, but the embassy in DC is giving me the runaround.

    First they told me to get the original notarized invitation letter from Pakistan, even though their website is not clear on it. I got my friend to send those, but now they are telling me I cannot apply for the visa in US as Iím a Canadian citizen.

    They want me to actually fly back to Canada and apply from there! I tried to reason with them that this means I canít come back to my work in the US for 4-6 weeks until I get my passport back.

    I even said it was for a friendís wedding in March to see if they would sympathize, but the guy at the embassy said I could tell my friend that I canít make it to his wedding.

    Anyone else face similar issues here, especially if theyíre not a US citizen/green card holder? I have a feeling itís probably due to my previous Indian citizenship.

    Man I just wanted to go for a close friendís wedding, and go see places where my grandparents grew up.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    98,506
    Mentioned
    1784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Isnt their a 3rd party service which handles these? In London Gerrys' guys do it - no one goes to embassy for visas


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    31,430
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling it’s probably due to my previous Indian citizenship
    You cant blame them for being cautious.

    I heard you can now get a visa on arrival?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    24,147
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWAC View Post
    Iíve been trying to get a tourist visa for Pakistan, but the embassy in DC is giving me the runaround.

    First they told me to get the original notarized invitation letter from Pakistan, even though their website is not clear on it. I got my friend to send those, but now they are telling me I cannot apply for the visa in US as Iím a Canadian citizen.

    They want me to actually fly back to Canada and apply from there! I tried to reason with them that this means I canít come back to my work in the US for 4-6 weeks until I get my passport back.

    I even said it was for a friendís wedding in March to see if they would sympathize, but the guy at the embassy said I could tell my friend that I canít make it to his wedding.

    Anyone else face similar issues here, especially if theyíre not a US citizen/green card holder? I have a feeling itís probably due to my previous Indian citizenship.

    Man I just wanted to go for a close friendís wedding, and go see places where my grandparents grew up.
    You are another undercover spy like Kulbhushan arent you? These tricks dont work anymore

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,261
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's cause you're Indian so that flags the system. Most people do apply for a visa from their home country so you should've applied from Canada.


    "Peace is only made with the powerful"

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,859
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    You are another undercover spy like Kulbhushan arent you? These tricks dont work anymore
    Of course he is. RAW frequently uses PP for information about how to work the Pakistani system.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,344
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You could go back to Canada and apply for a second Canadian passport. Then submit passport 1 for the Pakistani visa and fly back to the US with passport number 2 whilst you wait on passport 1 being returned to you.

    https://legalbeagle.com/6610155-obta...-passport.html

    https://www.quora.com/Can-Canadians-...ountries-allow

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    36,492
    Mentioned
    1703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Of course he is. RAW frequently uses PP for information about how to work the Pakistani system.
    And the award for best sense of humor goes to Mr. Nappy


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    36,492
    Mentioned
    1703 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your Indian citizenship might have something to do with the callous attitude... I thought the government recently announced that US, UK citizens of Indian background can easily get visas on arrival now. I think the policy might not have gone in place yet.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,172
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    You could go back to Canada and apply for a second Canadian passport. Then submit passport 1 for the Pakistani visa and fly back to the US with passport number 2 whilst you wait on passport 1 being returned to you.

    https://legalbeagle.com/6610155-obta...-passport.html

    https://www.quora.com/Can-Canadians-...ountries-allow
    Hold up.

    Doesnít passport 1 get cancelled out when you apply for passport 2?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,172
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Your Indian citizenship might have something to do with the callous attitude... I thought the government recently announced that US, UK citizens of Indian background can easily get visas on arrival now. I think the policy might not have gone in place yet.
    I donít think US and Canadian citizens can get visa on arrival.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,172
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ďForeign nationals can only apply for Pakistan visa from their country of origin OR from the place of legal permanent residence. Request for visas of a THIRD COUNTRY origin will be decided only by the Ambassador/High Commissioner/Head of Mission/Consulate.ď

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    13,344
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    Hold up.

    Doesnít passport 1 get cancelled out when you apply for passport 2?
    Nope many countries let you have more than one passport. You just have to give a valid reason. For example you travel a lot and your passport is often held up for weeks waiting for a visa. Or you travel to both Israel and say Iran on business. The Iranians wonít let you in if they see an Israeli stamp.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,172
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Nope many countries let you have more than one passport. You just have to give a valid reason. For example you travel a lot and your passport is often held up for weeks waiting for a visa. Or you travel to both Israel and say Iran on business. The Iranians wonít let you in if they see an Israeli stamp.
    Didnít know.

    Thanks

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    20,089
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Nope many countries let you have more than one passport. You just have to give a valid reason. For example you travel a lot and your passport is often held up for weeks waiting for a visa. Or you travel to both Israel and say Iran on business. The Iranians wonít let you in if they see an Israeli stamp.
    No offense but that's a terrible policy!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,859
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Or you travel to both Israel and say Iran on business. The Iranians won’t let you in if they see an Israeli stamp.
    I believe countries (for example Cuba for US tourists) deal with such issues by adding a paper slip to the passport rather than stamping it.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,859
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    And the award for best sense of humor goes to Mr. Nappy
    Andar wail baat hai
    PP hamare saat hai

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    1,946
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Atleast you're in Canada. One of my relatives who works in the bay area was told to go to Pakistan to apply for Indian visa!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •