[PICTURES] Lahore Qalandars Player Development Program


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    [PICTURES] Lahore Qalandars Player Development Program

    Looking at the tears of haris rauf tell a story .lahore qalandar have done great job to giving exposure to young boy and it is paying off .hopefully the other franchise also realize the importance of these programs

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    45,381
    Mentioned
    2098 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah the three seasons they came dead last made them come up with some out-of-the-box solutions

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,468
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    yep, gave shaheen a chance last year and now rauf this year

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    6,865
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They have done a good job giving young talent a chance. They even gave Salman Irshad a chance last season. The poor performances ahve led them to experiment more though.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This was important for future of PDP .haris rauf todays performance will give confidence to lahore qalandar think tank

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,432
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agreed. They have tried and have an interest in developing youth.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    375
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Looking at the tears of haris rauf tell a story .lahore qalandar have done great job to giving exposure to young boy and it is paying off .hopefully the other franchise also realize the importance of these programs
    Absolutely other franchisee have literally wasted 3 years of PSL to buy foreign hitters than developing one.

    PDP is not an easy program but in terms of financial resources all PSL franchisee have the ability to develop their own structures which they've failed miserably in.

    LQ despite the results continued their program and it deserves appreciation.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    8,793
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And then there is QG

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    178,984
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Salman Mirza - another graduate of the PDP


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    6,682
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They keep churning 140k+ bowlers for fun. I think the notion that fast bowlers grows on tree in Pakistan is not entirely false.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    178,984
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The most favorite franchise of the Pakistan Super League is excited to announce the resumption of the much anticipated and most sought-after cricket development program – the Player Development Program.

    Lahore Qalandars, the Champions of PSL7, and the only PSL franchise to have its own exclusive and state-of-the-art High Performance Centre, will have an open trials for aspiring Qalandars on 17th of May under supervision of Pakistani and international coaches.

    Yorkshire’s managing director of cricket and former England Cricketer Darren Gough along with assistant coach of Yorkshire county cricket club Kabir Ali will also be present on the occasion of this single-day trials which will be held at Qalandars’ high performance Centre from 9am to 6pm.

    A number of players will be picked for further development of game and an opportunity to become next Haris Rauf, Shaheen Shah Afridi or Fakhar Zaman.

    The selected players will also get scholarship for a year to train in Qalandars’ High Performance Centre.
    It is worth mentioning that Qalandars’ Player Development Program is a globally acclaimed cricket development program which has produced several cricketers who are now serving various teams – domestically and internationally.

    The program has provided million aspiring cricketers in the country a hope to reach their dreams.
    Commenting on development, the CEO and owner of Lahore Qalandars Atif Rana said that the franchise is excited to resume its program which has, in past, provided Pakistan a star performer like Haris Rauf.

    “We were unable to do this program for last two years becomes of COVID19 related restrictions but now as things have improved we believe that it is the high time for us to resume the much celebrated program and find more talented players to serve country,” said Mr Rana.

    Aqib Javed, Qalandar’s director of cricket, said that he is hopeful to find more exciting performers from this trial.

    “The PDP is not just a talent hunt project, it s a complete development program which not only picks the talent but also transforms that talent into a performer, you’ve seen example of Haris Rauf who was an unknown individual when he first arrived to appear in the trials and today he is one of the top performers in white-ball cricket,” said Mr Aqib Javed.



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    178,984
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pictures (courtesy of LQ media) of the open trials being held at the Lahore Qalandars High performance center today

    Name:  f04cce0c-38dd-4417-9989-3e1881e24ff4.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  351.2 KBName:  64926868-3a28-419f-b4d6-08bf9f7382c1.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  412.9 KBName:  df389f19-7a36-4f1d-a882-cfd4f4b4d481.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  365.1 KBName:  8082c2a1-46bc-4ea6-815d-7cbe988597b3.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  421.6 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th May 2022 at 11:55.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    178,984
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Darren Gough at the trials

    Name:  e884230a-e4eb-453b-a8d8-7c1cd6749754.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  248.9 KBName:  31f8a400-3bee-4dd6-8032-8cc0b82741db.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  340.8 KBName:  7fc35366-fa74-4698-a3f6-12e265ce2cda.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  196.8 KBName:  6c0e6669-3681-45ee-ac7d-d98aff46b554.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  208.2 KBName:  dada2866-e830-4acd-a178-af92543fd444.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  174.4 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    178,984
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pictures (courtesy of LQ media) of Darren Gough attending the open trials arranged by Lahore Qalandars at the Lahore Qalandars High performance center today

    Name:  f76c1092-20d4-423b-b407-b2d5cfb4d8d3.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  459.6 KBName:  96e3f496-d258-4e6a-a5ad-fe303227da5e.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  395.6 KBName:  c9fab0a1-ee03-48e9-ba28-f10d9647d373.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  261.9 KBName:  efc5c879-208c-42aa-beb8-18867cf3cd30.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  302.3 KBName:  6324bb29-ffe6-4c41-975c-166fcd82d3f4.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  282.4 KBName:  fa1c90d5-d9a4-4c0b-8a5b-aedebf8c1eaa.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  248.7 KBName:  6cdee1f6-8c76-42d5-9791-ed1f2e6c9092.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  339.2 KBName:  5ed39666-2b99-4b59-ac32-5a9c6b36cab8.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  372.9 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    27,339
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Goughy loves PK fast bowlers, a proper PKPHILE

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    2,841
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    178,984
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Darren Gough :

    "I haven't been to Lahore and Pakistan for a long time and to come here and see the talent I have seen today is quite extraordinary"

    "From the moment I turned up this morning I saw thousands and thousands and thousands of people looking for that dream to play for the Lahore Qalandars in the PSL"

    "I've seen bowlers running in wearing trainers and no spikes or cricket shoes, bowling at 80mph. We haven't had anyone bowl in the 90s yet, but bowling at that speed with trainers at 80 to 87 mph goes to show that this can work"

    "People have come from all parts of Pakistan to show their talent. I met someone who had come all the way from Karachi and I met a little boy who had come from the North of the country and had travelled 8-9 hours"

    "People have come from all over to show their talent"



    Last edited by MenInG; 18th May 2022 at 23:17.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  18. #18
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,315
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LQ is amongst my least favorite franchises but I have to admit they are the ones who have done the most for the youngsters.

    QG is hampered by typical tribal and seniority culture prevalent in Pak.

    IU is quite self centered(even though it's my favorite/home team) as it is always looking to get the best out of the foreign players rather than domestic players. The top 4 is almost always 3 foreigners.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    13,893
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    LQ is amongst my least favorite franchises but I have to admit they are the ones who have done the most for the youngsters.

    QG is hampered by typical tribal and seniority culture prevalent in Pak.

    IU is quite self centered(even though it's my favorite/home team) as it is always looking to get the best out of the foreign players rather than domestic players. The top 4 is almost always 3 foreigners.
    IU United have the best squads in terms of Pakistani player.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,126
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LQ have a different business model, and slowly its taking shape, but i wish they could finally find a proper batsmen.

    also this also helps put into perspective how talent is important, but day by day becoming a smaller component of success at the top level.

    only rauf has graduated from the program to being a consistent pro. thats one guy out of perhaps 5000 over the years. just goes to show that a lot of the best players, if not all, do eventually find their way to professional domestic cricket.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,315
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    IU United have the best squads in terms of Pakistani player.
    Yes but if you look at their team formation, it's always top 3 foreign batters plus 1 allrounder/pacer foreigner. Basically they always prefer foreign top 3 batters. If you're not going to pick or give top 3 a fair go, you aren't going to develop them.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,315
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    LQ have a different business model, and slowly its taking shape, but i wish they could finally find a proper batsmen.

    also this also helps put into perspective how talent is important, but day by day becoming a smaller component of success at the top level.

    only rauf has graduated from the program to being a consistent pro. thats one guy out of perhaps 5000 over the years. just goes to show that a lot of the best players, if not all, do eventually find their way to professional domestic cricket.
    Hard to find a batter from a talent pool. Judging a talent/raw ingredients of a batter needs hours or days. Practically impossible to do that in talent hunts unless the program only features club cricketers and the program runs for months.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,126
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Hard to find a batter from a talent pool. Judging a talent/raw ingredients of a batter needs hours or days. Practically impossible to do that in talent hunts unless the program only features club cricketers and the program runs for months.
    dont disagree. i would just like them to broaden the mandate, because even from a competitive pov, a domestic batsman adds way more utility to a psl xi given the dearth of local batting talent.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    13,893
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyRabbit View Post
    Yes but if you look at their team formation, it's always top 3 foreign batters plus 1 allrounder/pacer foreigner. Basically they always prefer foreign top 3 batters. If you're not going to pick or give top 3 a fair go, you aren't going to develop them.
    That's a fair point

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    4,315
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    dont disagree. i would just like them to broaden the mandate, because even from a competitive pov, a domestic batsman adds way more utility to a psl xi given the dearth of local batting talent.
    Yes, we definitely need middle order batters and even proper allrounders(batters good enough to bat at no.6 and 7 who can score quickfire 50s regularly)

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    178,984
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pictures (courtesy of the LQ Media) of the trials held at the Lahore Qalandars High performance center

    Name:  57393a47-89d0-44f4-9a95-70b0ed36f43d.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  187.1 KBName:  7124a040-24fb-47b0-8a32-2a7331f3110d.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  220.4 KBName:  3de6fb33-c807-456e-b4f1-ff776d42216c.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  235.6 KBName:  cceea161-e31e-4b32-8232-152f244f8ff3.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  436.0 KBName:  98a2c531-28a5-481b-bda5-1499916c7f6c.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  298.9 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    1,545
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    LQ have a different business model, and slowly its taking shape, but i wish they could finally find a proper batsmen.

    also this also helps put into perspective how talent is important, but day by day becoming a smaller component of success at the top level.

    only rauf has graduated from the program to being a consistent pro. thats one guy out of perhaps 5000 over the years. just goes to show that a lot of the best players, if not all, do eventually find their way to professional domestic cricket.
    TBH, that is not a bad ratio. They have produced a bowler who is considered close to world class in the limited overs format and they have produced a couple of other raw bowlers who have played regularly for LQ. 3 out of 5000 is not bad if you consider that a cricket team is made up of 11 players in a country of 220 million. It is not that easy to produce an international player. They have done very well in a very short span of time, that is why Australian and English county sides are so interested in their talent pool and their process.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    24,206
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    LQ have a different business model, and slowly its taking shape, but i wish they could finally find a proper batsmen.

    also this also helps put into perspective how talent is important, but day by day becoming a smaller component of success at the top level.

    only rauf has graduated from the program to being a consistent pro. thats one guy out of perhaps 5000 over the years. just goes to show that a lot of the best players, if not all, do eventually find their way to professional domestic cricket.
    I guess really hard to find a complete batsman from the talent pool of players which are being looked at from T20 perspective mainly as that is the format LQ operates in. Still might be able to find a decent hitter or two (I think Sohail Akthar was a decent striker but, was a pretty late boomer). So there might be only one or so slots for the kind of batsmen they will be looking for from the lens of T20 format in the trials. Rest of the local batsmen in top 4-5 have to be proper batsmen first (Then the stroke making abilities come in) like we saw with LQ in this season and that brought them the trophy.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    5,435
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lahore Qalandars
    Press Release

    Lahore:

    Lahore Qalandars, the Champions of PSL7 and the most favorite franchise of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), last week resumed its much anticipated Player Development Program (PDP) opening doors for talented cricketers waiting for an opportunity.

    On 17th May 2022, tens of thousands aspiring Qalandars appeared in trials which were also extended for one more day to allow everyone the maximum opportunity to showcase their skills and achieve their dream of playing for Pakistan.

    Following the open trials and further assessment, the management and coaching staff of Lahore Qalandars is proud to announce its next batch of aspiring Qalandars, the class of 2022. These 22 players will get scholarship for training at HCP for further enhance their skills and get closer to wearing the green jersey.

    At this stage, the assessment of 19 students is completed while 3 are pending for further assessment. The selected players will get a scholarship for one year to train in Qalandars High Performance Centre and to become the next Haris Rauf, Shaheen Shah Afridi, and Fakhar Zaman.
    Out of these 22 aspiring Qalandars, five of will get a scholarship in the name Mohammad Ayyaz Khan Afridi (father of Shaheen Shah Afridi).

    It is worth mentioning that Yorkshire County Cricket Club’s (YCCC) Managing Director and Former England Fast Bowler Darren Gough, Assistant Coach of YCCC Kabir Ali along with other coaches and management were also present during the trials.

    The management of YCCC was amazed to see the thousand of players who participated in PDP from all over Pakistan to become the next cricket icon. They also wished to replicate this program for Yorkshire.
    The selected players for the class 2022 summer season are mentioned below

    Name:  b7850ffd-49fa-4e16-a150-a5703bbd6827.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  94.8 KB

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,451
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    Lahore Qalandars
    Press Release

    Lahore:

    Lahore Qalandars, the Champions of PSL7 and the most favorite franchise of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), last week resumed its much anticipated Player Development Program (PDP) opening doors for talented cricketers waiting for an opportunity.

    On 17th May 2022, tens of thousands aspiring Qalandars appeared in trials which were also extended for one more day to allow everyone the maximum opportunity to showcase their skills and achieve their dream of playing for Pakistan.

    Following the open trials and further assessment, the management and coaching staff of Lahore Qalandars is proud to announce its next batch of aspiring Qalandars, the class of 2022. These 22 players will get scholarship for training at HCP for further enhance their skills and get closer to wearing the green jersey.

    At this stage, the assessment of 19 students is completed while 3 are pending for further assessment. The selected players will get a scholarship for one year to train in Qalandars High Performance Centre and to become the next Haris Rauf, Shaheen Shah Afridi, and Fakhar Zaman.
    Out of these 22 aspiring Qalandars, five of will get a scholarship in the name Mohammad Ayyaz Khan Afridi (father of Shaheen Shah Afridi).

    It is worth mentioning that Yorkshire County Cricket Club’s (YCCC) Managing Director and Former England Fast Bowler Darren Gough, Assistant Coach of YCCC Kabir Ali along with other coaches and management were also present during the trials.

    The management of YCCC was amazed to see the thousand of players who participated in PDP from all over Pakistan to become the next cricket icon. They also wished to replicate this program for Yorkshire.
    The selected players for the class 2022 summer season are mentioned below

    Name:  b7850ffd-49fa-4e16-a150-a5703bbd6827.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  94.8 KB
    Good to see few 17, 18 year olds clocking good speeds. They should also measure swing/seam for better judgment of youngsters

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    178,984
    Mentioned
    2939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pictures (courtesy of LQ Media) of the press conference to announce the Lahore Qalandar's Player Development Program's class of 2022

    Name:  1b64c710-71f0-4bc5-bde4-16b182851021.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  159.1 KBName:  6f619694-1a8e-4a63-adb5-ca21c77a0b4f.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  192.3 KBName:  fc04ebed-3be2-41f7-87f2-4443eb8471bc.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  267.2 KB


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •