Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should the PCB forfeit the World Cup group game against India?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 19.57%
  • No

72 78.26%
  • Not sure!

2 2.17%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think we should boycott the game.
    We have no advantage in doing this and actually there is no reason at all in doing this.

For me the situation is that BCCI are acting like cry babies for no reason at all and let them go as far as they want in their ridicule thinking.
    We should not even awnser them, just ignore them and let them cry as much as they want.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan93 View Post
    Not sure about forfeiting the WC game but something has to be done by PCB to give out a message to ICC and Cricketing world that we have had enough. Things can't go like they have been going forever.

And stance isn't written in stone that it can't change. I don't even believe that we have any stance currently , we are just playing in their hands.

We have to start somewhere and now is the time
    Yea I get that - however, what do you think the stance shall be?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    PCB should absolutely forfeit this match. A third 8/9 wicket thrashing might be too much for Pakistan to take after what happened in the Asia Cup. Just give us the points and save yourselves the misery
    More chances of a CT17 FINAL repeat

Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should PCB forefit the match? it's India who has a problem so let them forefit the match and they should stick to that also if they have to face Pak in any knock out stages. Actually, better for India to leave cricket and anything else Pakistan is associated with then you guys can make your boycot protest that way.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirpur express View Post
    Chances of India thrashing Pakistan like it has done in recent past except one flukey day are more. using CT 2017 final is getting tired, move on.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan93 View Post
    "no need for us to stoop to the Indian government's level."

Been hearing this stuff from Pakistanis for the last 10 years. And when you honestly reflect you come to the conclusion that it's a fact that Pakistan never stooped to their level during all these years but the question is what have we gained by acting in a 'nice' manner?
    Situation s actually got worse for us. It's time to resist the never ending slide
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    If we don't act first then they will and we will have nothing but egg on our face.

We need to make this call first and make our political stance clear.

First of all India is never going to do this. Can you imagine the outcry in India if they somehow manage to miss the knockouts or the final? Cricket is like a religion there and this is a risk even the Indian govt. doesn't have the guts to take.

Secondly, what do you suppose we will accomplish by boycotting the game besides three points down the drain and lost revenue? India can afford to do something like this (from a financial stand-point) because their board is rich and powerful, ours is not.

Ultimately though, it's about a matter of principle. Cricket is a sport and not a battleground for political discourse (India is stretching the very meaning of this term in this case). What India is doing by not playing us in bilateral series reflects on their small-minded mentality to not be able to separate the two things.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    Yea I get that - however, what do you think the stance shall be?
    Suspend ALL cricketing ties with the BCCI until they are willing to come to the table and engage in talks with us regarding committing to playing regardless of the political landscape.

If we meet them in a final or SF - the decision. To play or not to play them can be decided on a case by case basis.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    First of all India is never going to do this. Can you imagine the outcry in India if they somehow manage to miss the knockouts or the final? Cricket is like a religion there and this is a risk even the Indian govt. doesn't have the guts to take.

Secondly, what do you suppose we will accomplish by boycotting the game besides three points down the drain and lost revenue? India can afford to do something like this (from a financial stand-point) because their board is rich and powerful, ours is not.

Ultimately though, it's about a matter of principle. Cricket is a sport and not a battleground for political discourse (India is stretching the very meaning of this term in this case). What India is doing by not playing us in bilateral series reflects on their small-minded mentality to not be able to separate the two things.
    As I have learnt from experience - never say never...

There is already talks by cricketing officials in the BCCI to boycott the Pakistan game in the WC.

If we don’t act first - then they will...

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I have learnt from experience - never say never...

There is already talks by cricketing officials in the BCCI to boycott the Pakistan game in the WC.

If we don’t act first - then they will...
    Why are you so worried about optics? or how it will look? You're failing to look at the bigger picture which is that not only will Pakistan get 3 free points but India's petty nature and small-mindedness will be exposed in front of the entire world.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
    Why are you so worried about optics? or how it will look? You're failing to look at the bigger picture which is that not only will Pakistan get 3 free points but India's petty nature and small-mindedness will be exposed in front of the entire world.
    I am looking st the bigger picture but unfortunately it does not involve “WC points” or even the WC campaign.

Unfortunately - the world does not work that way and I”m pretty sure the BCCI will receive a lot praise and many countries will stand in solidarity with them for taking a strong political stance and respecting their people’s sentiments by potentially putting their entire WC campaign at risk. However - we will be left with nothing but egg on our face - as always ...

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am looking st the bigger picture but unfortunately it does not involve “WC points” or even the WC campaign.

Unfortunately - the world does not work that way and I”m pretty sure the BCCI will receive a lot praise and many countries will stand in solidarity with them for taking a strong political stance and respecting their people’s sentiments by potentially putting their entire WC campaign at risk. However - we will be left with nothing but egg on our face - as always ...
    get over it mate.

we're not going to be forfeiting the game anyway.

glad we don't have people like you in PCB

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isolate us from who?

India?

LOL that ship sailed a long time ago and I do not foresee us resuming any type of ties or engagements with them for the next several years atleast.

England?

Yes it may leave a sour taste in their mouth considering all the marekting, logistics and other work that goes into organizing such a big tournament. However, we are touring them just before the WC anyway and considering the large Pakistani diaspora in the UK - it should be a profitable series for them. We will also play them during the Test championships so I doubt there will be too many issues.

The rest of the countries don't care one bit if we play or not play India in the WC.
    There are plenty of ships that Haven't sailed...That can sail if ...

We are isolated because no one wants to come to Pakistan and play. We loose revenue in every series, we even have to play PSL in Dubai in empty stadiums. now if forfeit matches against India in WC, India will stop playing Pakistan in International competitions, who will loose more? Pakistan. Where is the Next World cup in 2023. INDIA. BCCI can refuse to host Pakistan altogether.

Ijaz Butt Boycotted just 1 IPL and BCCI has not allowed a single Pakistan player in IPL ever since in retaliation to Ijaz Butt's blunder. Pakistan is in bad enough spot. Silly bravado will only backfire

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let India forfeit and give us the points.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    get over it mate.

we're not going to be forfeiting the game anyway.

glad we don't have people like you in PCB
    LOL yes - we have people in the PCB who sit around and do nothing pretending that the "sports should be kept different than politics" policy still works in this day and age whilst we bleed money by wasting it on lawsuits, legal proceedings etc.

Total shambles.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    There are plenty of ships that Haven't sailed...That can sail if ...

We are isolated because no one wants to come to Pakistan and play. We loose revenue in every series, we even have to play PSL in Dubai in empty stadiums. now if forfeit matches against India in WC, India will stop playing Pakistan in International competitions, who will loose more? Pakistan. Where is the Next World cup in 2023. INDIA. BCCI can refuse to host Pakistan altogether.

Ijaz Butt Boycotted just 1 IPL and BCCI has not allowed a single Pakistan player in IPL ever since in retaliation to Ijaz Butt's blunder. Pakistan is in bad enough spot. Silly bravado will only backfire
    No one wants to play in Pakistan because of the secuirity situation and even that is slowly improving. We have good relationships with every cricket board barring ACB, BCCI and BCB so the bilateral tours will slowly begin to happen...

India may stop playing Pakistan in ICC tournaments anyway and there is a likelihood that they would announce the boycott first. Then what? What would have been the point of us saying nothing and pretending that everything is okay?

I won't go into details about the 2023 WC since it is 4 years away and a lot can happen since then.

You are worried about about the consequences of BCCI's retaliation but they are not retaliating - they are simply being the aggressors and severing ties with us. It is the PCB who has to retaliate now...

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a solution....
    Both captains show up. Do the toss.
    Declare the innings at 0 or not send out batsman , each will be declared out after 2 min I think. Then other team also declares at 0. Games is a tie and they both get a point while not having played the game.

But what if the other side decides to not declare

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    No one is forfeiting anything. That is not going to happen.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Treat India like they don't exist or matter just like we are doing now.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    695 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirpur express View Post
    Meh. Fluke of the highest order. World cups are a different story altogether

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be stupidity for Pakistan (or India for the matter) to forfeit the group stage game. What happens if both sides end up meeting in the semis or final? I am sure one would call the others bluff should such a situation arise.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    PCB should sit tight and let things take their course.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mon858 View Post
    I have a solution....
    Both captains show up. Do the toss.
    Declare the innings at 0 or not send out batsman , each will be declared out after 2 min I think. Then other team also declares at 0. Games is a tie and they both get a point while not having played the game.

But what if the other side decides to not declare
    That is only possible if both teams and cricket boards are willing to talk and agree upon a mutual solution - in the current political landscape that is VERY unlikely to happen.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    PCB should sit tight and let things take their course.
    Sitting and doing nothing has long been our strategy and its safe to say it has never worked...

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Sitting and doing nothing has long been our strategy and its safe to say it has never worked...
    Well we were very proactive in the MoU case.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaf348 View Post
    It would be stupidity for Pakistan (or India for the matter) to forfeit the group stage game. What happens if both sides end up meeting in the semis or final? I am sure one would call the others bluff should such a situation arise.
    If both sides reach and play each other in the SF or Final - then a decision on a case by case basis can be made then.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Well we were very proactive in the MoU case.
    Ahh yes the "honor the MOU case" lol.

We are especially active in doing legal challenges and going to court simply wasting all of our hard earned money but when it matters the most and making cricket/political decision - we lag behind the others tremendously.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's up to India to stand up to their wayward 'Principals' and forfeit.
    After all, it is a problem of their own making in their 'drama' ridden country.
    And surely, if they can ban the exports of Tomatoes to Pakistan then they can forfeit a game of cricket.

Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL yes - we have people in the PCB who sit around and do nothing pretending that the "sports should be kept different than politics" policy still works in this day and age whilst we bleed money by wasting it on lawsuits, legal proceedings etc.

Total shambles.
    yup, glad we're not forfeiting for something that isn't even going to matter in 4 months

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you imagine the Security operation at the Old Trafford game if it was to go ahead?
    Given the crazy 'Anti-Pakistani' protests by what I can only describe as 'Drunk', 'Drugged-up' and hysterical Indians in London last weekend, I can see the World Cup fixture becoming a very violent encounter.

Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    Can you imagine the Security operation at the Old Trafford game if it was to go ahead?
    Given the crazy 'Anti-Pakistani' protests by what I can only describe as 'Drunk', 'Drugged-up' and hysterical Indians in London last weekend, I can see the World Cup fixture becoming a very violent encounter.
    I went to the Pakistan v India clash at Birmingham in 2017 and it really was a very uncomfortable experience. Not just because Pakistan were severely thrashed but due to the large volumes of Indian fans, you will always find the odd trouble maker who gets so drunk and starts to cause issues for the minority Pak fans knowing that he is surrounded by plenty of Indians.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I went to the Pakistan v India clash at Birmingham in 2017 and it really was a very uncomfortable experience. Not just because Pakistan were severely thrashed but due to the large volumes of Indian fans, you will always find the odd trouble maker who gets so drunk and starts to cause issues for the minority Pak fans knowing that he is surrounded by plenty of Indians.
    They are bunch of cowards. Would start nodding their head when they are alone, but with a group they act tough.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has already forfeited too many World Cup matches to India over the years.

Best not to forfeit this one.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Suspend ALL cricketing ties with the BCCI until they are willing to come to the table and engage in talks with us regarding committing to playing regardless of the political landscape.

If we meet them in a final or SF - the decision. To play or not to play them can be decided on a case by case basis.
    Surely even you see the hypocrisy of that stance...

I think there are two obvious issues with this stance:

1) The political landscape cant - and will never - be ignored. Expecting it to be ignored would be living in fools paradise.

2) Suspend all cricket ties....but then decide on a case by casee basis during global eventa. This is the same hypocritic stance which the BCCI has adapted for years. I'd rather not set the BCCIs stance as a target for us

If BCCI want to Behance like kids and throw a tantrum - let them. If they want to forfeit the match - let them. Why should we shoot ourselves in the foot. Specially when the fact is that no one would care what our stance is. The same way that no one apart Pakistanis care about what BCCIs stance on the matter is

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If both sides reach and play each other in the SF or Final - then a decision on a case by case basis can be made then.
    If Pakistan decides to forfeit the group stage game but not the SF or final then to me that is a sign of weakness. It's either everything or nothing.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Pakistan has already forfeited too many World Cup matches to India over the years.

Best not to forfeit this one.
    I think its fair to say that winning or losing this game should be the least of our concerns now.

Especially now that even our participation in the WC is stake..

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Surely even you see the hypocrisy of that stance...

I think there are two obvious issues with this stance:

1) The political landscape cant - and will never - be ignored. Expecting it to be ignored would be living in fools paradise.

2) Suspend all cricket ties....but then decide on a case by casee basis during global eventa. This is the same hypocritic stance which the BCCI has adapted for years. I'd rather not set the BCCIs stance as a target for us

If BCCI want to Behance like kids and throw a tantrum - let them. If they want to forfeit the match - let them. Why should we shoot ourselves in the foot. Specially when the fact is that no one would care what our stance is. The same way that no one apart Pakistanis care about what BCCIs stance on the matter is
    Quote Originally Posted by jaf348 View Post
    If Pakistan decides to forfeit the group stage game but not the SF or final then to me that is a sign of weakness. It's either everything or nothing.
    Boycotting a group stage game is very different than boycotting a knockout game. A pathway to the knockout stage can still happen whilst avoiding a team in the group stages and it is upto the BCCi or the PCB if it wants to go down that path of making a political statement and take the risk of forfeiting 3 points. However, in the knockout stages - winning each game is necessary to World Cup glory and hence cannot be forfeited. Despite the political tension - India and Pakistan both have the intention of trying to win the WC come May.

@TalhaSyed - it is hard to ignore the political landscape now but that is something the BCCI would have to commit to if it wants to play Pakistan in iCC tournaments. They need to commit to a stance and stick to it!

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Boycotting a group stage game is very different than boycotting a knockout game. A pathway to the knockout stage can still happen whilst avoiding a team in the group stages and it is upto the BCCi or the PCB if it wants to go down that path of making a political statement and take the risk of forfeiting 3 points. However, in the knockout stages - winning each game is necessary to World Cup glory and hence cannot be forfeited. Despite the political tension - India and Pakistan both have the intention of trying to win the WC come May.

@TalhaSyed - it is hard to ignore the political landscape now but that is something the BCCI would have to commit to if it wants to play Pakistan in iCC tournaments. They need to commit to a stance and stick to it!
    Two points:

1) Why should we boycott the group game?
    2) Ignoring the political landscape is never going to happen. It's never happened in the past and it's never going to happen now. That applies to sporting relationships for any two countries.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So by your logic flukes happen once or twice LOL we defeated England in semis was that a fluke? we defeated Saffers was that a fluke? and we defeated you guys when you were the favourites.. Flukes don't happen regularly you see you were outplayed that day. Accept it and we accept we were outplayed in Asia Cup

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Two points:

1) Why should we boycott the group game?
    2) Ignoring the political landscape is never going to happen. It's never happened in the past and it's never going to happen now. That applies to sporting relationships for any two countries.
    If both countries want to have any sort of cricketing ties with each other - the precedent has to be set that political issues will not impact the sport.

Otherwise - we will be having this same conversation after every such incident...

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If both countries want to have any sort of cricketing ties with each other - the precedent has to be set that political issues will not impact the sport.

Otherwise - we will be having this same conversation after every such incident...
    That is an unrealistic expectations to have. The political climate between any two countries will always have an impact on their sporting ties

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is an unrealistic expectations to have. The political climate between any two countries will always have an impact on their sporting ties
    That will be a shame because there will be no moving forward then.

Cross cultural exchanges, movies, songs may temporarily unite us but all it will take is another international incident for everything to fall to pieces again and we will be back to square one.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    It's up to India to stand up to their wayward 'Principals' and forfeit.
    After all, it is a problem of their own making in their 'drama' ridden country.
    And surely, if they can ban the exports of Tomatoes to Pakistan then they can forfeit a game of cricket.
    There is a strong chance of that happening and that is part of the problem.

If they do that and we don't - it makes us appear weak and eager to play just for the almighty dollar.

Perception is key yet the PCB fails to understand that everytime

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bump!

After today’s incident - enough is enough...

Time for diplomacy and “doing nothing” is over. Need to maintain a very tough stance against the BCCI and forfeit the WC game (until BCCI is willing to talk)

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bump!

After today’s incident - enough is enough...

Time for diplomacy and “doing nothing” is over. Need to maintain a very tough stance against the BCCI and forfeit the WC game (until BCCI is willing to talk)
    nah, let them forfeit the game.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    Chances of India thrashing Pakistan like it has done in recent past except one flukey day are more. using CT 2017 final is getting tired, move on.
    Why ? I WANT A REPEAT

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you guy been fluking for way too long it’s our turn to get a double fluke

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    It might sound ridiculous and even just a few months back - I was among the few who advocated for renewing cricketing ties with India (mainly for monetary gain) but honestly the situation is beyond hopeless now and only seems to get worse with each passing event. I think we need to realize that cricketing ties with India are is not possible for the next decade or so.

Given the political climate - PCB needs to act now and immediately inform the ICC, BCCi and the Indian Govt that it is forfeiting the India-Pak WC Group stage game. If PCB doesn't do it - I am pretty sure BCCI will do it anyway but if we act first it will be a major statement that we can also implement the necessary boycotts, restrictions, bans etc. given the current political climate. A show of strength if drastically needed!

If ICC fines us - so be it. We have always gotten the short end of the stick with the ICC every time and this time - it will be no different. Losing those 3 points doesn't bother me much either since we have a low change of winning the WC anyway. If we meet India in the WC SF or Final - the course of action can be decided then but I think an appropriate and measured response is to forfeit the group stage game. With a few months advance notice - hopefully the organization and logistics will not be impacted as much.

Now to be clear - I have the utmost respect for the Indian cricket team and admire some of their players as legends and global icons but the current situation is not conducive to cricketing ties. Once the situation hopefully normalizes - we can hold discussions with the BCCI on the next steps.

The PCB needs to act NOW and take a stand. We all need to be united as fans, players, media etc. and give our full support!

Thoughts?

Maybe a poll will be a good idea.
    It would be an awful, idiotic and nonsensical move. Can I please know what you were thinking when you came up with this idea?

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pak dont play us this time...they will lose their best chance to beat India in a world cup. A middle order of Dhoni, Rayudu and Karthik is there for taking

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    If Pak dont play us this time...they will lose their best chance to beat India in a world cup. A middle order of Dhoni, Rayudu and Karthik is there for taking
    Why would both keepers play? Pandya and Jadhav should be locks for the WC, no?

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    It would be an awful, idiotic and nonsensical move. Can I please know what you were thinking when you came up with this idea?
    I have mentioned it multiple times in this thread but I will say it again.

This entire fiasco has left us looking weak and indecisive - not just the PCB but all institutions associated with Pakistan.

If we play this game - we will be doing exactly what the BCCI wants us to do, which is suspending bilateral ties but playing ICC tournaments due to the glut of money involved and tournament prestige.

So here is the question.

Why should we continue to accept the status quo and not grow a spine and force BCCI's hands? Let them know loud and clear that we will not entertain ANY cricketing ties with the BCCi unless they are willing to come to the table and talk to us about bilateral ties and agreeing to a firm FTP.

Enough is enough and both you and I know that all it takes is one incident or crisis and we are back to square one. Cricket should remain above this but sadly it is not and we must not come to terms with it - a trend started many years ago by the BCCI and now even the ACB. I see no reason why the PCB should not indulge in politics either.

Otherwise - we will be left far behind with nothing but egg on our face - as usual...

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    That is a sacrifice I am willing to make in order to let the BCCI know that enough is enough - they need to change or no cricketing ties at ANY event.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    You want to play cricket in the current scenario??

Somethings are more important than your stupid cricket match.

I doubt it will even go ahead.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....