Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Salman Butt replaces Mohammad Hafeez in the Lahore Qalandars squad for PSL 2019

Salman Butt replaces Mohammad Hafeez in Qalandars’ squad

Dubai, 19 February 2019:

Opener Salman Butt will replace Mohamamd Hafeez in Lahore Qalandars’ squad for the HBL Pakistan Super League 2019, it was announced today.

Hafeez has been ruled out of the tournament after fracturing his thumb during his side’s 16 February match against Karachi Kings.

As per the event regulations, Lahore Qalandars requested the Event Technical Committee, headed by Mr Mudassar Nazar, to replace Hafeez with Salman. This request has been approved.

Salman has been in the player draft for the past three years and comes in as a Silver Category player.

Salman was a member of the Pakistan squad that won the ICC World T20 in England in 2009. He has played 24 T20Is in which he has scored 595 runs. In 74 T20s, Salman has scored 2,278 runs at an average of just over 36 with a strike-rate of 113.5.

Qalandars coach Aqib Javed said: “It was unfortunate to lose Hafeez. We believe that only an experienced Pakistani player like Salman Butt can replace him.”

Team manager Sameen Rana said: “Salman is a good addition to squad. He was available in past and has been in good form. We believe that he deserve a chance to showcase his form at this level as well.”

Lahore Qalandars has played three matches to date and has won one. Their upcoming matches are:

22 February – v Multan Sultan (d), Sharjah

23 February – v Quetta Gladiators (d), Sharjah

27 February – v Quetta Gladiators (d), Dubai

28 February – v Karachi Kings (n), Dubai

5 March – v Peshawar Zalmi (d), Abu Dhabi

9 March – v Islamabad United (n), Lahore

10 March – v Multan Sultan (n), Lahore

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Lahore Qalandars
    Press Release

Qalandars draft Salman Butt as replacement of Mohammad Hafeez

Dubai: Lahore Qalandars have picked dashing and experienced batsman Salman Butt as the replacement in place of Mohammad Hafeez.

Salman Butt is expected to join the squad tomorrow.

“It was unfortunate to lose Hafeez. We believe that only an experienced Pakistani player like Salman Butt can replace him,” said Aaqib Javed, the Director Cricket Operation of Lahore Qalandars.

Sameen Rana, the manager and COO of franchise welcomes Salman Butt to the squad.

“Salman is a good addition to squad. He was available in past and has been in good form. We believe that he deserve a chance to showcase his form at this level as well,” Mr Rana said.

Salman Butt has played 33 Tests, 78 ODIs and 24 T20Is for Pakistan.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have got to be kidding!

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope LQ come last again now.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bye bye qalandars .i won.t support them further hopefully finish last again

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all the camps & the player development programs ,ladies & gentlemen we proudly present you Salman Butt
    lmao

Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not Sami Aslam?

Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1729 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Based on this I hope LQ loses every single match in which Butt features. They had the opportunity to include an exciting, young batsman and instead they went with a 35+ never-been who isn't even suited for T20 cricket.

Glad LQ are already dead last in the table for a fourth year running. Inshallah they will remain there.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no more support for LQ from me

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirpur express View Post
    Why not Sami Aslam?
    Good question he is much better +clean career .

they will regard that decision for whole session .hopefully this is last session for aqib javed

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for Geo to justify his selection by pointing out Amir's inclusion in KK.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    Can't wait for Geo to justify his selection by point out Amir's inclusion in KK.
    For some odd reason Geo do hates amir but tbf amir deserves every bit of critizm from last year a 2 .he is in worse form in white ball cricket .

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is a surprise @mak36

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing how people running LQ & PSL have no qualms in letting this guy play. Team's captain who sold his country for money, went to jail and refused to accept his mistake for a long time.

Wonder how AB feels about this.

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with this decision, he's done his time and paid the price, lets move on

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    For some odd reason Geo do hates amir but tbf amir deserves every bit of critizm from last year a 2 .he is in worse form in white ball cricket .
    Oh there's no denying that. But it does make the critique looks disingenuous because of this constant whataboutism.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is injustice to Asif now.

He served his ban too and should’ve been allowed to play cricket in PSL.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    WTH.

I don't support the Qalandars anymore.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Absolute joke, how can the PCB allow this?! You can't let young upcoming cricketers to share the dressing room with this guy.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Build me an octagon of a room because four walls are too few to hit your head in when things like this happen

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    Build me an octagon of a room because four walls are too few to hit your head in when things like this happen

also I'd take hafeez with one hand over this guy. Even a cardboard of hafeez would be fine.

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see that coming! Well, there goes my support for Qalanders

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Screw Lahore, never supporting them ever for any match. Hope they end at the very bottom of the table for every season this league exists.

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So amidst all the players in domestic they chose this

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Besides the controversial element of the selection, cannot seem to understand the tactical aspect of it either.

The openers are actually a good pair. Salman Butt will only ruin the balance of the side. Even Devcich is struggling to do anything if he isn't opening.
    Last edited by Rana; 19th February 2019 at 20:12.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTH! Now I have realized why Lahore Qalandars are so behind. The management of LQ is using Rana sb as a tool for money.

Not against salman butt but he is not a t20 player fgs

I'm done with Lahore qalandars. Not supporting them anymore.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he called Rana sb him self and sai “ mujhe Rakh lo 10 crore le lo”

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You'd only expect this stuff from Lahore.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I thought it could have been asad, khurram, fawad, rifatullah but, they have presented us with one of the worst t20 batsmen in Pakistan. Well done i wanted peshawar to finish last due to Misbah etc, now not sure which team i want to finish last.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As a LQ supporter I wish Salman Butt the very best and would like to congratulate Fawad Rana for this shrewd acquisition. I hope Salman Butt will also be treated with a scrumptious cake to mark this historical moment, perhaps this time round there will be no snub with the cake sharing as we sadly saw with AB. In contrast with the scrumptious dessert, it was a great shame to see such a distasteful gesture from the South African great but this is a great chance for Salman Butt to ignite positively in the dressing room and out in the middle.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good, interesting and surprising choice. I feel his batting should be beneficial, and it gives him an opportunity to start correcting some of the things from his past.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    People will predictable cry about youngsters, but you have to look at it from LQ's perspective as well. They have been the flop team for 3 seasons and are languishing at the bottom yet again. They are not in a position to take a punt with an unproven youngster.

Butt is not explosive but he is highly experienced. His job would be to bat through the innings and let the likes of Fakhar, Akhtar, de Villiers, Devcich and Brathwaite go hard after the bowling. LQ have taken a strategic decision based on their circumstances. It may or may not pay-off, but they are not supposed to take decisions based on what the PPers want.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why arre they letting this tainted player who has hardly shown any remorse and kept telling continuous lies until he realised there was no other way to play but finally owned up. Even his 'admission' to his tainted past was on the pretext he will be allowed to play again. What a disgrace. (Amir's case is different btw he owned up straight away and showed repent).

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Salman Butt was on the verge of a recall in the 2016 T20 WC only to be blocked by Afridi, he was on the verge of being recalled for the WI tour of 2017 only for the Spot fixing scandal in the PSL to stand in his way.

If Amir can be allowed to play, so can he now.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    People will predictable cry about youngsters, but you have to look at it from LQ's perspective as well. They have been the flop team for 3 seasons and are languishing at the bottom yet again. They are not in a position to take a punt with an unproven youngster.

Butt is not explosive but he is highly experienced. His job would be to bat through the innings and let the likes of Fakhar, Akhtar, de Villiers, Devcich and Brathwaite go hard after the bowling. LQ have taken a strategic decision based on their circumstances. It may or may not pay-off, but they are not supposed to take decisions based on what the PPers want.
    To be honest, if Salman Butt scores runs in the tournament and really catches the eye of the selectors, I will have no issues with him playing for Pakistan again. If Amir can be allowed to play, then you should be fair to the likes of Butt and Asif as well.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lolz chawalo u guys deserve to be humilated again and again and again untill u guys dont learn to adress your problems and pick the right people for the right job.

Picking a opener while the problem lies in the middle lower order?????

First 2 matches the openers provide you with a start, but the middle order doesnt capatalize on that and collapse. One match the openers failed and all of the sudden the problem lies at the top🤣🤣

What they do then is pick a bawa buddah to give the so called stability at the top. Challo stability de bi di. Lets say the openers give u a good start 80 runs in 8 over for example.

After that ab comes in and gets out what then? Then the same problem ll repeat its self.

Moral of the story is that lahore qalandars need strong middle order batsmen who can change gears in the later overs. Salman butt is not the solition.

The problem is no 5,6 and 7.

Bringing sohail akhtar down the order is also not a solution, bcz he cant provide u stability.

The solution is to pick the best local lower order batsmen u have. In my eyes ali khan is the best lower order batsmen we have.

Ali khan with asif ali are the best we have and if one of your best lower order batsmen is not playing in the biggest league of your country then that becomes a problem. It is really shamefull.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir case was no different. Salman butt should be allow to play like amir has. Otherwise all 3 should never have played again.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but Amir appeared to show general remorse, asked for forgiveness etc from day one. SB never seemed genuine and only finally owned up because he wanted to play again. I have nothing against him personally but gives the wrong message. As he has been picked I hope he does well and doesn't let Lahore, Pakistan and cricket down, and himself offcourse.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol, I am assuming he is being picked as a platinum pick i.e. $200,000. Perfect icing on the cake.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    To be honest, if Salman Butt scores runs in the tournament and really catches the eye of the selectors, I will have no issues with him playing for Pakistan again. If Amir can be allowed to play, then you should be fair to the likes of Butt and Asif as well.
    Butt should have been given a chance, but it is too late now. He is not needed thanks to the emergence of Imam and the resurgence of Shan.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket4all View Post
    Yeah but Amir appeared to show general remorse, asked for forgiveness etc from day one. SB never seemed genuine and only finally owned up because he wanted to play again. I have nothing against him personally but gives the wrong message. As he has been picked I hope he does well and doesn't let Lahore, Pakistan and cricket down, and himself offcourse.
    9 years away from the sport. Plus his comeback has been delayed by 3 plus years. I think SB inspite of his mistakes and wrong doing has suffered enough now.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I understand the argument that Salman Butt has served his punishment and have suffered enough and for that he is allowed to earn a respectful living by playing in domestic cricket. The game does not owe him anything. Pakistan does not owe him anything.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket4all View Post
    Amir denied his involvement initially, but changed his tune when he saw an opportunity. He successfully played the "young and naive" card to get away with it, as advised by his legal team.

Amir is as big an offender as Butt and Asif. The only thing that saved him is his age, and PCB were indeed extremely hypocritical to welcome him back with a red carpet and completely close the door on the other two. Nevertheless, it is too late to select them now.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Surely Sharjeel Khan will be back playing PSL 5 next year?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol will be the perfect icing on the cake if we have a Pakistani side featuring Butt, Asif, Amir, Sharjeel and even Khalid Latif. Perfect way to get under the skin of the rest of the world.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For real? I'm not against Salman Butt or biased towards Amir. But imo and from what I've seen in this format he'll only hurt LQ if he plays

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As expected lol

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummii View Post
    As expected lol
    You have great vision buddy, I believe this has caught most of us by surprise!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am done with PSL. Screw LQ and PSL now. I do not want to see this **** near the game ever.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The greatest T20 league in the world strikes again.

I've said it before that Pakistan TTF League is basically jobs for the boys with selections based on friendships rather than merit. It's become a slightly more glitzed up version of the Faysal Bank T20.

Can't wait until this farce is over.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another reason not to support LQ.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys should look at the situation rather than the player they chose. It's clear they want to hold one end while playing free strokes on the other. Adds good balance to the squad to score 150 and then leave it to the bowlers to do the rest.

Salman Butt
    Fakhar Zaman
    AB C
    Agha/Haris Sohail
    Umair Masood WK
    Sohail Akhtar
    Corey Anderson
    Vijjoen
    Shaheen Afridi
    Haris Rauf
    Lameciene

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Seriously with this sort of selection they deserve to be last on the table

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harasraja View Post
    Lolz chawalo u guys deserve to be humilated again and again and again untill u guys dont learn to adress your problems and pick the right people for the right job.

Picking a opener while the problem lies in the middle lower order?????

First 2 matches the openers provide you with a start, but the middle order doesnt capatalize on that and collapse. One match the openers failed and all of the sudden the problem lies at the top🤣🤣

What they do then is pick a bawa buddah to give the so called stability at the top. Challo stability de bi di. Lets say the openers give u a good start 80 runs in 8 over for example.

After that ab comes in and gets out what then? Then the same problem ll repeat its self.

Moral of the story is that lahore qalandars need strong middle order batsmen who can change gears in the later overs. Salman butt is not the solition.

The problem is no 5,6 and 7.

Bringing sohail akhtar down the order is also not a solution, bcz he cant provide u stability.

The solution is to pick the best local lower order batsmen u have. In my eyes ali khan is the best lower order batsmen we have.

Ali khan with asif ali are the best we have and if one of your best lower order batsmen is not playing in the biggest league of your country then that becomes a problem. It is really shamefull.
    they have Saad Ali! why they are not playing him in middle order?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Could have gone back to Azhar ali for that reason or even take Asad Shafiq... What they have done is unacceptable..

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    they have Saad Ali! why they are not playing him in middle order?
    There is no place for saad ali in the team. The only places for such batsmen like saad ali, haris sohail, babar azam or even saud shakeel in t20 is the opening slot.

The reason for that is that you have to be dynamic in the middle order. You have to have a power game and those players dont have that.

They can be good strokemakers like babar azam and can utilize that in the powerplay, but those players struggle when they have to change gears and go for the boundries.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not Harris Sohail? don't they already have him in the squad?

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif to play for Multan then

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder what is Hafeez's reaction on this...If I remember well he was against Amir joining the team and wouldn't play alongside him after the ban..

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    WHAT?

LQ just lost 80% of their fanbase, IF THEY HAD ANY left.

Ok, first they let Umar Akmal, the best T20 batsman in the PSL go. GENIUS!

And now including a mediocre, average accumulator who is past his prime?!?! His past aside, that too will be disliked by a lot of folks.

I wonder how a legend like AB will play alongside a character like Butt. Can he really do that?

Regardless.

They lost any supporters they had left. Now everyone will celebrate their loss, and wish for them to end last. Apart from a small minority.
    @Chief Destroyer

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mesmerizer85 View Post
    Wonder what is Hafeez's reaction on this...If I remember well he was against Amir joining the team and wouldn't play alongside him after the ban..
    They couldn't have decided it without Hafeez's consultation/approval.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    Why not Harris Sohail? don't they already have him in the squad?
    if they do then that makes it even more worse decision

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Put.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahaha it must have been aqib javeds idea

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is no place for saad ali in the team. The only places for such batsmen like saad ali, haris sohail, babar azam or even saud shakeel in t20 is the opening slot.

The reason for that is that you have to be dynamic in the middle order. You have to have a power game and those players dont have that.

They can be good strokemakers like babar azam and can utilize that in the powerplay, but those players struggle when they have to change gears and go for the boundries.
    well how dynamic is brendan taylor and devcich lol... Devcich a leg side hack, who had a int'l career because of his connections... Both of them clearly struggle against spin and pace on these slow low pitches...

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a sh*t move Qalanders! I'm surprised that the management didn't get any resistance from the players.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    Without a doubt

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    What a sh*t move Qalanders! I'm surprised that the management didn't get any resistance from the players.

Very much surprised that no resistance from the captain

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic selection, hope they will pay price for it.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

all the players you mentioned (saad ali, haris sohail, babar azam, saud shakeel) can easily bat in middle overs with 100+ strike rate and will also average good numbers. they all are better than what currently LQ are playing in middle order bar AB.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirpur express View Post
    Why not Sami Aslam?
    Because his “36 off 122 balls” style of play is not conducive to T20 cricket

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Very much surprised that no resistance from the captain
    Sure that Hafeez wouldn't protest, given that his PSL is over. But, I would expect AB to oppose his inclusion.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I was gonna say that. He's the one who is the most responsible for LQs position. Everyone can be released but him.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    Because his “36 off 122 balls” style of play is not conducive to T20 cricket
    Butt is 20 off 150 type player.

Don't be fooled.

Just happy that LQ is going down even further, from a point of no return.

This edition they're out like before.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    You have great vision buddy, I believe this has caught most of us by surprise!
    Not really, they were considering to have someone " EXPERIENCED ". In other words it was a tough contest between Salman Butt and Azhar Ali.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez was playing in the middle order and they already have Haris Sohail and Saad Ali..

Corey and Brathwaite will be coming back soon...

No reason to call this fixer unless they are trying to unsettle the opening pair which is doing well by playing salman butt ahead of fakhar and sohail akthar... Well I do expect the clown Aqib to do that too...

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Honestly

Fawad Alam would've been a better choice. They're at the same level when it comes to acceleration or strike rate .

Butt probably even inferior .

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Honestly

Fawad Alam would've been a better choice. They're at the same level when it comes to acceleration or strike rate .

Butt probably even inferior .
    He would've done the job perfectly at no. 4. Besides the openers are doing a good job. If Aqib was looking for a captain after AB, Fawad would've dealt with the captaincy also

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic!

Disgusting!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    well how dynamic is brendan taylor and devcich lol... Devcich a leg side hack, who had a int'l career because of his connections... Both of them clearly struggle against spin and pace on these slow low pitches...
    What have that to do with my post?

I never mentioned their name or did I?