Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"Time to beat Pakistan once again (in the World Cup)" : Sachin Tendulkar

Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar Friday said he would "hate" to see India concede two points to Pakistan by not playing them in the upcoming World Cup as such a move would only help the arch-rivals in the mega-event.

Tendulkar endorsed Sunil Gavaskar's view that India would be better off beating Pakistan in the World Cup than forfeiting the June 16 tie in the wake of the Pulwama terror attack that killed more than 40 CRPF personnel.

"India has always come up trumps against Pakistan in the World Cup. Time to beat them once again. Would personally hate to give them two points and help them in the tournament," said Tendulkar in a statement to PTI.

"Having said that, for me India always comes first, so whatever my country decides, I will back that decision with all my heart," the legendary batsman added.

While the likes of Harbhajan Singh and Yuzvendra Chahal have called for complete cricketing boycott of Pakistan, Gavaskar on Thursday said India will be the loser if they decide to not play against Pakistan on June 16.

"Who wins if India decide against playing Pakistan in the World Cup? And I am not even talking about the semis and the finals. Who wins? Pakistan win because they get two points," Gavaskar had told 'India Today'.

"India have so far beaten Pakistan every time in a World Cup, so we are actually conceding two points when by beating Pakistan, we could make sure that they don't advance in the competition," he had said.

The World Cup begins in the United Kingdom on May 30.

On Friday, the Committee of Administrators running Indian cricket decided against taking any position on the matter for now.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...517-2019-02-22

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How about ask ICC to award India 2 points because we loose to them in World Cup. Pathetic comment.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    "India has always come up trumps against Pakistan in the World Cup. Time to beat them once again. Would personally hate to give them two points and help them in the tournament," said Tendulkar in a statement to PTI.

"Having said that, for me India always comes first, so whatever my country decides, I will back that decision with all my heart," the legendary batsman added.
    Anything wrong with what he said? Those are the sentiments of every Indian. I would be utterly disappointed if we don't play Pakistan in the WC.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand blind nationalists on either side of the border. You shouldn't just support everything and every decision your country makes. It is a disgusting attitude which enables state violence and repression. Unfortunately, most cricketers including Tendulkar give off such blind nationalist vibes and it gets pretty old.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonafide Hustler View Post
    I can't stand blind nationalists on either side of the border. You shouldn't just support everything and every decision your country makes. It is a disgusting attitude which enables state violence and repression. Unfortunately, most cricketers including Tendulkar give off such blind nationalist vibes and it gets pretty old.
    Goodness! What did he say that makes you believe so?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The master is always right

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pathetic.

This guy might be a legend but he was always narrow minded, which is why he isn't respected in Pakistan.

Knowing how much influence this guy has, he should be promoting peace. Even if he wants to be a nationalists thats fine, but going on to say time to beat Pakistan once again shows how pathetic this guy really is.

Then again, Tendulkar was just 16 years old when he came into cricket, and wasn't really educated, but then this is no excuse.

Im not even surprise i have seen how pathetic tendulkar is in the past aswell. When he made that 100 ton record, he went on to say that as long as an indian breaks the record he doesn't mind.

meaning that if someone else breaks it then he would mind.

Really pathetic, especially from a person who is respected worldwide.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan wins that would be a much sweeter win than anything else.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Goodness! What did he say that makes you believe so?
    "Whatever my country decides I will back that decision with all my heart"
    Same was said by Gavaskar and other cricketers and I am sure most Pakistani cricketers would say the same thing. Sometimes states do not make the right decisions and you should be able to stand up and resist.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonafide Hustler View Post
    "Whatever my country decides I will back that decision with all my heart"
    Same was said by Gavaskar and other cricketers and I am sure most Pakistani cricketers would say the same thing. Sometimes states do not make the right decisions and you should be able to stand up and resist.
    Was he he supposed to say the reverse to win the hearts of some Pakistani fans? He is an Indian, and it's obvious that he will stand by whatever India decides. Same goes for the rest of us Indians, we will stand by what our country decides.

Hate is a big word. I have never hated any cricket team or any cricket player, bar those involved in match fixing.

But the question here is where did he say anything demeaning towards Pakistan?

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It’s a pretty sensible statement considering the nonsense being spewed from the others

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    This guy might be a legend but he was always narrow minded, which is why he isn't respected in Pakistan.
    Everyone sings praises of Virat Kohli on this forum and I'm sure he would've said the same thing that Tendulkar did.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    And if India get crushed by Pakistan in that group game?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    Everyone sings praises of Virat Kohli on this forum and I'm sure he would've said the same thing that Tendulkar did.
    Kohli is way too professional to get involved in politics, I think.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Choti height choti sonch.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whi cares in this side of the border. Play us or not I am least concerned.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of our concerns what he says. He is Indian and can do what he want we can only comment which is our right.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When he says it then talk

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic.

Knowing how much influence this guy has, he should be promoting peace. Even if he wants to be a nationalists thats fine, but going on to say time to beat Pakistan once again shows how pathetic this guy really is.

Then again, Tendulkar was just 16 years old when he came into cricket, and wasn't really educated, but then this is no excuse.

Im not even surprise i have seen how pathetic tendulkar is in the past aswell. When he made that 100 ton record, he went on to say that as long as an indian breaks the record he doesn't mind.

People from lala land talking about Sachin

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to beat Pakistan again

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy might be a legend but he was always narrow minded, which is why he isn't respected in Pakistan

The whole world is going in one direction....but Pakistan

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    See...that's the thing. Nobody is thinking about that. ))

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    See...that's the thing. Nobody is thinking about that. ))
    Tendulkar might have achieved everything in his career but he still has that minnow mindset and it can be seen the amount of mental trauma has he went through playing Pakistan in the 80s and 90s. Psychologically hes still likes to gloat about the world cup streak because it wasnt much joy in playing Pakistan besides those 3 games in 13-14 odd years.
    It's on record in his autobiography he still regrets losing that Chennai test match to Pakistan and I am sure it's as painful to him as the losing streak is to Pakistan

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter how great a player you are.. if you have had a decade of past experiences losing to your arch rivals you try to find some solace in a winning streak which was just the tip of the iceberg of the defeats they had to endure in those times

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tendulkar was probably like how we Pakistanis are now.. celebrating that rare defeat to India in the Champions Trophy 2017 and Afridi's 2 sixes in 2014. There wasnt much to celebrate besides that for us. I find solace in the fact that someone like Tendulkar (who is also one of the greatest ever the game has to offer) can suffer from something like a minnow mentality
    Last edited by waleed88; 22nd February 2019 at 21:02.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess bunch of Mr. Has been need to find a way to stay relevant.

They know itís selling it because Bhakths are buying it.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    It’s a pretty sensible statement considering the nonsense being spewed from the others
    it is better than the other nonsense but it is still very bad when he says "he will stand with whatever decision his country will take"; that means he is ok if India continue to humiliate and kill Kashmiris for example

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic mindset, small mentality
    Last edited by Rana; 22nd February 2019 at 21:07.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    Pathetic mindset, small mentality
    He is selling what gullible Bhakths are buying.

You canít blame him for cashing on it.

I say sell it and increase your stock price and fill those little pockets on them extra small pants with cash.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This kinda statement puts extra pressure on players. Winning/losing is a part of the game and any team can win on the given day. Sachin as a sportsman should understand it. Even if we win ANOTHER world cup match against Pakistan, dont mean Jaish will stop operating. At the same token if we lose, it dont mean Pakistan will get Kashmir. Result of a cricket match has no relevance in diplomatic ties. Then again, Sachin never attended parliament...so one would expect him to not know so much.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see what India is doing here...

This game in June could become the most viewed live televised game in the history of sport...
    Or it could just rain on that day and spoil all the fun.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Tendulkar might have achieved everything in his career but he still has that minnow mindset and it can be seen the amount of mental trauma has he went through playing Pakistan in the 80s and 90s. Psychologically hes still likes to gloat about the world cup streak because it wasnt much joy in playing Pakistan besides those 3 games in 13-14 odd years.
    It's on record in his autobiography he still regrets losing that Chennai test match to Pakistan and I am sure it's as painful to him as the losing streak is to Pakistan
    I watched a recording of 'Bat & Ball War' the other day, after reading an article online, and 'Chennai' still resonates with the true cricketing conosuers in India. They & Tendulkar still haven't got over it.

Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No need to put extra pressure on players. If we lose most of the players will take UK's citizenship.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think he cannot see that possibility? come on.
    If anything, he saw it before fans.
    Read between lines.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's the difference between a lot of Indian stars and their Pakistani counterparts. Pakistani stars talk about peace and resumption of games. They want to create a bridge of peace between the nations through cricket. While indian stars (like the midget tendulkar) creates divides.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Small men....

I mean in tendulkars case. Literally small man

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How ironic if this time Pakistan beat India if they play.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    it is better than the other nonsense but it is still very bad when he says "he will stand with whatever decision his country will take"; that means he is ok if India continue to humiliate and kill Kashmiris for example
    I cant condemn someone for choosing to stand by their country whether its for genuine reasons or not.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    That's the difference between a lot of Indian stars and their Pakistani counterparts. Pakistani stars talk about peace and resumption of games. They want to create a bridge of peace between the nations through cricket. While indian stars (like the midget tendulkar) creates divides.
    If u cared to read the OP u would've realised that he's actually talking about peace. He wants the show to go on unlike other who whats to stir things up further by boycotting the match.

Respect to Sachin for being so magnanimous.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    From asking for a ban on Pakistan, via forfeiting the match against Pakistan to now asking for win against Pakistan. Deere deere apni jagga pe a rahe hain.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So the Indians are going to every Tom, Dick and Harry and asking for an opinion on a subject they have little too offer except toeing the party line. Just imagine if any came out says no I think this whole thing looks suspicious and we need to investigate more, or we have committed terrible atrocities in Kashmir and some of them are taking revenge. I wonder what would happen to them?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    How ironic if this time Pakistan beat India if they play.
    Pakistan beating India in CT final was one of the most sweat win ever. Group games don't hurt as much as the knockouts.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Still celebrating a fluke win ? Forgot the spanking that your team got in Asia cup

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    So the Indians are going to every Tom, Dick and Harry and asking for an opinion on a subject they have little too offer except toeing the party line. Just imagine if any came out says no I think this whole thing looks suspicious and we need to investigate more, or we have committed terrible atrocities in Kashmir and some of them are taking revenge. I wonder what would happen to them?
    I wish there are brave people in India who can take this stand.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderreddy View Post
    Still celebrating a fluke win ? Forgot the spanking that your team got in Asia cup
    I'm not celebrating. I'm just making a point that those who talk big can fall big time as well. Pakistan gave Indian team a life time phainty after all the big talks from the Indian pundits like Sehwag, Ghambhir, Ganguly. I thought they must have learnt their lessons by giving their rivals some respect.

About Asia cup, these pitches just don't suite Pakistan style batting. You will see a completely different Pakistan side in England.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not celebrating. I'm just making a point that those who talk big can fall big time as well. Pakistan gave Indian team a life time phainty after all the big talks from the Indian pundits like Sehwag, Ghambhir, Ganguly. I thought they must have learnt their lessons by giving their rivals some respect.

About Asia cup, these pitches just don't suite Pakistan style batting. You will see a completely different Pakistan side in England.
    Lifetime phainty...seriously ?? That too for a fluke win That is minnow mindset

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just to add that I have a lot of respect of Tendulkar- he refused to endorse alcohol and that cost him millions but it showed a man of principle but here he has disappointed me.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well we sure made you look like a minnow out there.... even SA, SL and Eng put up more of a fight

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is way too professional to get involved in politics, I think.
    Didn't Kohli say not too long ago something to the tune of, "if you don't support our country, then just leave"?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Well we sure made you look like a minnow out there.... even SA, SL and Eng put up more of a fight
    Minnow bashing Name:  IMG_20190222_232723.jpg
Views: 2030
Size:  9.5 KBName:  IMG_20190222_232705.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  9.9 KBName:  IMG_20190222_232646.jpg
Views: 2017
Size:  11.3 KB

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    fluke? Pakistan destroyed India like they were a minnow team. Like I said, some Indians really behave like they are some unbeatable gods.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Minnow bashing Name:  IMG_20190222_232723.jpg
Views: 2030
Size:  9.5 KBName:  IMG_20190222_232705.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  9.9 KBName:  IMG_20190222_232646.jpg
Views: 2017
Size:  11.3 KB
    Hahahahhahah using Asia Cup to lick your wounds.

The CT final defeat was the worst defeat inflicted on any side in the history of finals. Perhaps that might have shut up fans of most countries, but no not Indians. They are a different level of beghairat.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fluke? Pakistan destroyed India like they were a minnow team. Like I said, some Indians really behave like they are some unbeatable gods.
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ms-Wasim-Akram

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he only followed hockey

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahahhahah using Asia Cup to lick your wounds.

The CT final defeat was the worst defeat inflicted on any side in the history of finals. Perhaps that might have shut up fans of most countries, but no not Indians. They are a different level of beghairat.
    Boasting about a fluke even after getting beaten twice recently....talk about different level of beghairat

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    I thought he only followed hockey
    heheheh right on spot.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Boasting about a fluke even after getting beaten twice recently....talk about different level of beghairat
    If you wanna know what a fluke is.... then look no further than India's 2 CT wins... If that isn't a fluke then idk what is.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Anything wrong with what he said? Those are the sentiments of every Indian. I would be utterly disappointed if we don't play Pakistan in the WC.
    that statement leaves a lot of room for the jingoists to work with. usually tendulkar is more circumspect with his words, and he could have worded this better.

i dont think tendulkar should allow himself to become a tool for the nationalist fervor.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you wanna know what a fluke is.... then look no further than India's 2 CT wins... If that isn't a fluke then idk what is.
    pakistan's 1992 world cup. textbook example of toxic combination of poor guidelines to deal with rain interrupted games and one fortuitous performance.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winning a trophy without losing a single match in entire tournament is called a fluke win in lala land

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Winning a trophy without losing a single match in entire tournament is called a fluke win in lala land
    Go watch the final again munnay

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If i remember correctly u indians always said that asia cuo was a non serious tournamnet and cared little about it

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go watch the final again munnay
    Ok beta..tu ro math

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All these retired players should stop putting pressure on current players with bravado statement. When you play you don't do that because you know it can backfire you will look silly. But when you are out you suddenly start saying all kind of things knowing you are not participating

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is talking sense, that beating part is a safeguard to shield him from Arnab Goswami in the 9 pm prime time debate or whatever it is called these days. When Arnab calls him to trial tomorrow Sachin can claim that he was being patriotic by talking about a potential win for India over Pakistan. Without this safety feature Arnab would have chewed him up, now the trial will be very close.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    You'd think the CT Final humiliation would have humbled them, still their legends talk smack

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Time to beat Pakistan again
    How did it work out last time?

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok beta..tu ro math
    The irony

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sachin has disappointed both Pakistanis and Indians with his statement.

For Pakistanis, he didn't go far enough to say sports above war.
    For Indians, he didn't go far enough to say war over sports.

All in all, a good day when even Sachin can say something controversial after a lifetime of banal comments.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post

LOL. That was a remarkable surrender by the Indian team.

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    He is talking sense, that beating part is a safeguard to shield him from Arnab Goswami in the 9 pm prime time debate or whatever it is called these days. When Arnab calls him to trial tomorrow Sachin can claim that he was being patriotic by talking about a potential win for India over Pakistan. Without this safety feature Arnab would have chewed him up, now the trial will be very close.
    That explains it. It is hard to live in India these days with being impartial. You will have to make public Mamoo as Mamoo does here.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This dude’s very ungraceful in defeat but comes out of the hole to chest beat like the rest.

That whole cricketing gentleman was a front to play to the masses, showing his true colors these days.

His team’s gonna lose again this year, and he will congratulate the Indian hockey / kabaddi/ carrom board teams instead of manning up and saying congrats to us.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 23rd February 2019 at 03:39.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post

Ooh man this never gets boring/old. The epic phainta!

Als ideal place is the UK for an Indo - Pak game.

Look at the scorecard 60 something for 5 with another 220 plus to get LOL hahahaha.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never liked him.

"i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Yeah, it's really scary. I mean, there's not a single dessenting voice to speak of. You wouldn't think it's a democracy we're talking about here. India is giving off almost Third-Reich vibes these days.

It's almost like there's not a single free thinker in India. They must be really afraid to speak out.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL......Seems like he is still reeling from the numerous thrashings his team got at Pakistan's hands during his tenure. He should be the last person talking crap.

Oh and that sight of Akhtar yorking him in the 1999 Kolkata test for a duck is fresh in the mind as ever. Chote log, barii baatain

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would love to see Pakistan turning things around.

Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam & Haris Sohail will be the key men if we do fluke a win again.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sachin has always been above average compared to other Indians in all aspects of life. Glad to find out this is true for intelligence as well.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic.

Your whole rant is about the bolded part, literally. This is all it took to rattle you up? Seriously? Did you expect him to say, oh jolly, I hope pakistan thrashes us with their super star bowler Amir and Shadab and Super star batsmen, Fakar and Babar? Really?

What would you have said in his place good sir?