Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    If u cared to read the OP u would've realised that he's actually talking about peace. He wants the show to go on unlike other who whats to stir things up further by boycotting the match.

Respect to Sachin for being so magnanimous.
    Why is nobody else getting this point? I think some people just want an excuse to sulk.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why people are so angry with Tendulkar. What objectionable comments did he pass? All he said that he didn't want India to lose 2 points by giving walkover to Pakistan. Fair enough especially from someone who has probably played most no.of such games?

We are too emotional these days and take offense at anything and everything.
    Last edited by MenInG; 23rd February 2019 at 09:21.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    Why is nobody else getting this point? I think some people just want an excuse to sulk.
    Exactly. He didn't flame anyone unlike some other Indian celebrities. Is that his crime?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    How did it work out last time?

One set of fans about to relive this moment

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asian fans, what did u expect, him and sunil gavaskar are sensible people

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderreddy View Post
    It worked out pretty well last time Name:  IMG_20190222_232705.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  9.9 KBName:  IMG_20190222_232723.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  9.5 KB
    Never realized Asia Cup was that big a deal. Outside subcontinent nobody even knows the winner of it, and may be many in sub continent wont know as well.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Sachin has disappointed both Pakistanis and Indians with his statement.

For Pakistanis, he didn't go far enough to say sports above war.
    For Indians, he didn't go far enough to say war over sports.

All in all, a good day when even Sachin can say something controversial after a lifetime of banal comments.
    That dude has always been boring. It's the extensive PR coaching because of millions in endorsements. The same reason why Kohli is silent too. I think the guy who's genuine and doesnt want to indulge much is Dhoni.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    I'm not celebrating. I'm just making a point that those who talk big can fall big time as well. Pakistan gave Indian team a life time phainty after all the big talks from the Indian pundits like Sehwag, Ghambhir, Ganguly. I thought they must have learnt their lessons by giving their rivals some respect.

About Asia cup, these pitches just don't suite Pakistan style batting. You will see a completely different Pakistan side in England.
    Oh dear. The excuses for a Pakistan loss never end. Do they?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Never realized Asia Cup was that big a deal. Outside subcontinent nobody even knows the winner of it, and may be many in sub continent wont know as well.
    You're right. If Pakistan lose a match, no one cares about it, if Pakistan win, it is the most important match in history.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    That dude has always been boring. It's the extensive PR coaching because of millions in endorsements. The same reason why Kohli is silent too. I think the guy who's genuine and doesnt want to indulge much is Dhoni.
    You don't know Dhoni enough then. The guy is a perfect fit for being a politician and won't be surprised one bit if he joins BJP once he is thrown out of team. Well that last bit was my wish.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    This dude’s very ungraceful in defeat but comes out of the hole to chest beat like the rest.

That whole cricketing gentleman was a front to play to the masses, showing his true colors these days.

His team’s gonna lose again this year, and he will congratulate the Indian hockey / kabaddi/ carrom board teams instead of manning up and saying congrats to us.
    haha

That twitter post after the 2017 CT final was the most cringe-worthy thing I ever saw from a cricketer

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Do not post any personal stuff directed at a poster - already deleted your posts so you know who you are - next time there will be bans.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    You don't know Dhoni enough then. The guy is a perfect fit for being a politician and won't be surprised one bit if he joins BJP once he is thrown out of team. Well that last bit was my wish.
    That dude's involved with Indian army but hasn't said a word yet. He's always been balanced on and off the field and this time was no different.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people getting offended by this? What are you expecting him to say?
    "Let's get beaten by pakistan in the world cup? "

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a huge outrage in India against Sachin for this statement. Because he implied to play against Pakistan. Indians are getting his true intentions but Pakistanis being bigger in heart but smaller in brains are not getting his point.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    I watched a recording of 'Bat & Ball War' the other day, after reading an article online, and 'Chennai' still resonates with the true cricketing conosuers in India. They & Tendulkar still haven't got over it.
    Very true I have heard that as well..

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    haha

That twitter post after the 2017 CT final was the most cringe-worthy thing I ever saw from a cricketer
    That's factually correct. I mean in 2017 there was no terrorist or bombs to blame Pakistan on but the Indian opening pair of Tendulkar and Sehwag was full on offense against Pakistan, its like they were reimaginig playing our bowlers just basically on twitter...

I frankly belief Tendulkar never saw a therapist for the PTSD he suffered from playing Pakistan in the past.. like a war veteran it feels like it has somewhat permanently affected him on a deeper level.

I also find it funny that somehow all 3 of our top pacers from that decade (Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib) all have said they believe Tendulkar is a GOAT but actually none of them had a problem getting him out and none of them had Tendulkar on their toughest to bowl to list

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a huge outrage in India against Sachin for this statement. Because he implied to play against Pakistan. Indians are getting his true intentions but Pakistanis being bigger in heart but smaller in brains are not getting his point.
    There you go. Climate in India is too vitiated currently. Someone as big as Tendulkar too isn't unaffected from that.

That he still spoke his mind shows that he isn't as banal in media as he is touted to be.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    With how Sidhu and Kapil Sharma were treated, I can understand those who wish not to speak on it.

100% Dhoni and Kohli want to play, but if they were to say it their words could be twisted and misconstrued.

There's simply way too much on the line for India to forfeit 2 points or not to go.

Swansong for Dhoni and Kohli's legacy with this being the WC at his peak.
    Last edited by Aman; 23rd February 2019 at 12:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised people have so much of a problem with his statement? Can someone point to me what was so objectionable? He wants India to win, like all Indian fans would.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    even the neutral fans are surprised by this statement by Tendulkar. A hall of fame like him should be promoting peace........

Its funny how Indians dont see anything wrong in it aswell.

Tendulkar will never attain the status of Mohammad Ali, Usain Bolt, Jordan or even Brain Lara

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    even the neutral fans are surprised by this statement by Tendulkar. A hall of fame like him should be promoting peace........

Its funny how Indians dont see anything wrong in it aswell.

Tendulkar will never attain the status of Mohammad Ali, Usain Bolt, Jordan or even Brain Lara
    But he is promoting peace.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    This is a terrible time to continue our losing streak against India in World Cups.

They will rub it in like never before. The amount of trolling and trash talking will be remembered for ages.

On the contrary, this is also the perfect time to end the streak. if we were to fluke a win, it will most definitely be sweeter and more satisfying than the Champions Trophy Final.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    This is a terrible time to continue our losing streak against India in World Cups.

They will rub it in like never before. The amount of trolling and trash talking will be remembered for ages.

On the contrary, this is also the perfect time to end the streak. if we were to fluke a win, it will most definitely be sweeter and more satisfying than the Champions Trophy Final.
    Come on then, back the boys to deliver another fluke win.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Even if we do beat them in the group stage it won't be as sweeter as the CT final. That was just on whole new level. But if we face them in the knockouts that will be different thing.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't stop the hatred from spewing out. A true *****.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Apparently: sachin has been called anti-national by a TV news anchor in India, :ramiz WOW WOW WOW

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arnab Goswami calls Sachin Tendulkar ‘Anti-National’ after he urges India not to lose against Pakistan

The Pulwama attack last week has split the country into two halves. The already sour relations between India and Pakistan have gone worse and apart from other sectors, even Cricket has been affected. The World Cup clash between the two countries on June 16 at the Old Trafford is in threat of being boycotted from the Men in Blue. The fraternity is split on this matter and even Sachin Tendulkar opined on Friday that India should not give easy two pointsto Pakistan in World Cup.

However, while stressing on the part that it was his personal opinion, Sachin also said that he would personally hate to give Pakistan two points. He also pointed out that India have always beaten them in the mega event but then the master also added that he is with what the nation decides and will stand by it whatever is decided in the end.

“India has always come up trumps against Pakistan in the World Cup. Time to beat them once again. Would personally hate to give them two points and help them in the tournament. Having said that, for me India always comes first, so whatever my country decides, I will back that decision with all my heart,” Tendulkar has said on Friday.

I don’t believe in any Gods

But Sachin Tendulkar’s comment to play against Pakistan and beat them in the World Cup didn’t go down well with the news anchor Arnab Goswami. Even Sunil Gavaskar had expressed a similar opinion to Tendulkar and Arnab didn’t like that as well and used the hashtag #ShameonAntiNationals launching an attack on both of India’s former cricketers.

He also took a dig at Sachin being called the God of Cricket saying that he doesn’t believe in such Gods and the ‘Bharat Ratna’ honoured cricketer should’ve been the first to say that India shouldn’t play against Pakistan.

“I don’t believe in any Gods. Sachin Tendulkar is 100 percent wrong. Sachin Tendulkar, if he has any sense, he should realise that he should be the first person to say that don’t play with Pakistan. (Sunil) Gavaskar should be the second person to say that don’t play with Pakistan.

“These people say that we need two points. Both are damn wrong. We don’t need two points. I want revenge for my martyrs. Sachin Tendulkar can take his two points and put it in the dustbin,” Goswami said according to Janta ka Reporter.

https://m.crictracker.com/arnab-gosw...inst-pakistan/

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three cricketing legends from India , Gvaskar, Kapil Dev and Tendulkar, all came out with balances comments , good to see that .

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Can't stop the hatred from spewing out. A true *****.
    Lol, hatred? How exactly? Longing to beat arch rivals is hatred? That way all Pakistani cricketers too must be full of hatred!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Apparently: sachin has been called anti-national by a TV news anchor in India, :ramiz WOW WOW WOW
    See even Tendulkar isn't spared by ***** brigade....

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol, hatred? How exactly? Longing to beat arch rivals is hatred? That way all Pakistani cricketers too must be full of hatred!
    "Time to beat Pakistan again" is hardly subtle is it? Yes, we know all that India are strong favourites but this seems like an emotional outburst by Tendi. Has came across as having a sour attitude towards Pak over the years. That's why the likes of Kohli ad MSD are more liked and respected by Pak fans as they've tended to show a more positive attitude towards Pak.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Three cricketing legends from India , Gvaskar, Kapil Dev and Tendulkar, all came out with balances comments , good to see that .
    Correct. Everyone has his own way of saying things.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Peoria, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    That's factually correct. I mean in 2017 there was no terrorist or bombs to blame Pakistan on but the Indian opening pair of Tendulkar and Sehwag was full on offense against Pakistan, its like they were reimaginig playing our bowlers just basically on twitter...

I frankly belief Tendulkar never saw a therapist for the PTSD he suffered from playing Pakistan in the past.. like a war veteran it feels like it has somewhat permanently affected him on a deeper level.

I also find it funny that somehow all 3 of our top pacers from that decade (Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib) all have said they believe Tendulkar is a GOAT but actually none of them had a problem getting him out and none of them had Tendulkar on their toughest to bowl to list
    To be frank - I always feared Sehwag and to a an extent Dravid far more than Tendulkar whenever we played India in the 2000's

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    "Time to beat Pakistan again" is hardly subtle is it? Yes, we know all that India are strong favourites but this seems like an emotional outburst by Tendi. Has came across as having a sour attitude towards Pak over the years. That's why the likes of Kohli ad MSD are more liked and respected by Pak fans as they've tended to show a more positive attitude towards Pak.
    So he wasn’t being subtle in displaying his thinking of beating Pakistan once again in WC, he is exhibiting hatred? And negative attitude towards Pakistan? Come on!

Your seem to have different meaning of hatred then!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I’m concerned, if anyone from Pakistan says anything regarding beating India on the field, I won’t have any issues with him. These are far better words to utter than to say anything about action on battlefield which none of us are equipped of.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct. Everyone has his own way of saying things.
    Yeah, these are far better ways of putting one’s point across than indulging in jingoism which is so prevalent in India these days.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Saturday said that those who are slamming cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar for holding that India should not boycott the match with Pakistan in the coming World Cup should remember that he started his career by beating the neighbouring country.

The issue of whether India should play with Pakistan is being raised after the February 14 Pulwama terror attack in which 40 CRPF personnel were killed. Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Addressing a joint rally of Congress and NCP at Parli in Beed district of Maharashtra, Pawar, a former president of International Cricket Council as well as BCCI, said Tendulkar is a “Bharat Ratna” and Sunil Gavaskar is another cricket icon who brought laurels to the country.

Gavaskar has echoed Tendulkar’s views on the matter. “Both believe that India can beat Pakistan and emerge victorious in the World Cup. But Tendulkar is being criticised, saying he is favouring Pakistan.”

https://indianexpress.com/article/sp...pawar-5598427/

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tendulkar was a great batsman but he is “a small man in big office”

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As far as I’m concerned, if anyone from Pakistan says anything regarding beating India on the field, I won’t have any issues with him. These are far better words to utter than to say anything about action on battlefield which none of us are equipped of.
    Pakistani former crickers said India is favourite to win the world cup. Nobody attacked their homes and called them anti nationals. It looks like extremism has gone to whole new level in India.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    And if India get crushed by Pakistan in that group game?
    In your dreams mate

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
    In your dreams mate
    India might be stronger team in the group stage but they are a very vulnerable unit in he knockouts. I would love to face them in the knockouts and get advtange of all the pressure of playing a knockout+Pakistan. India look like new SA of old.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India might be stronger team in the group stage but they are a very vulnerable unit in he knockouts. I would love to face them in the knockouts and get advtange of all the pressure of playing a knockout+Pakistan. India look like new SA of old.
    You have to reach the knockouts first. I don't think pakistan are getting there.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    You have to reach the knockouts first. I don't think pakistan are getting there.
    No need to be overconfident. This was the reason why we lost against them in the CT final. May be two asia cup(which many here call it a fun and laughter cup) wins against Pakistan have healed your wounds but not ours. We want to see India beat Pakistan in an ICC tournament. And if we lose I am pretty sure 90% of the indian fans here will leave this forum for few months just like they did last time.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    No need to be overconfident. This was the reason why we lost against them in the CT final. May be two asia cup(which many here call it a fun and laughter cup) wins against Pakistan have healed your wounds but not ours. We want to see India beat Pakistan in an ICC tournament. And if we lose I am pretty sure 90% of the indian fans here will leave this forum for few months just like they did last time.
    That CT final loss still bloody hurts me

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    That CT final loss still bloody hurts me
    These losses are difficult to lose from memory. 2011 wc semi final haunted me for years even though we beat India in the Asia cup courtsey of Afridi's sixes. It was only 2017 CT final win that made me somewhat satisfied. That is why I believe most Indians still looking for that kind of win not this group stage win.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    These losses are difficult to lose from memory. 2011 wc semi final haunted me for years even though we beat India in the Asia cup courtsey of Afridi's sixes. It was only 2017 CT final win that made me somewhat satisfied. That is why I believe most Indians still looking for that kind of win not this group stage win.
    Loses in ICC knockout matches sure does hurt every Ind and Pak fan. And when that loss of ours is against our arch rival, it puts a permanent scar. I don't believe in applying ointments on my wounds with fake bravado and logic. The CT final will always haunt me, even if we manage to defeat Pak in 10 more ICC knock out matches, I'm just hypothetically speaking.

Thankfully it happened in a CT. Agar World Cup final men hota toh I wound have had gone into coma

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far Pak former cricketers haven't said anything against india, even if they say something anti india, you are hardly in a position to complain considering most of your ex cricketers and actors have spoken against Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe Tendulkar has said anything wrong. It would be stupid to gift your arch rivals 2 points. If beating Pakistan is the goal, forfeiting the game will not achieve that goal, will it?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Major Asif Ghafoor tweeted that Indian Aircrafts violated LoC in the morning and followed by timely response from PAF and they escaped. Lol this is going to be one hell of match full of pressure

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    Everyone sings praises of Virat Kohli on this forum and I'm sure he would've said the same thing that Tendulkar did.
    No. He'd be too busy acting like a fool cracking jokes with the arch rival's players despite having just received a humiliation.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    . And if we lose I am pretty sure 90% of the indian fans here will leave this forum for few months just like they did last time.
    Do you use any other smiley other than > ..

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Political climate is terrible, so I can understand from the India perspective if they did not want to play the WC match with India. However there is no need to bring politics into a sport both the Indian and Pakistani boys get along well and have tremendous respect for each other..

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this flat track bully midget needs to shutup. Never ever performed against Pakistan, only once in WC 2003 after we dropped a catch. So just shut up ENDULKAR.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tendulkar has finally descended to become a proper 'German Helmet'.
    He started losing the plot at the Champions Trophy final, when he was tweeting about the Indian hockey victory while watching India getting steam-rollered.

Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tendulkar proved himself to be a joke

"I rather not give them two points" - Tendulkar

Is this clown serious? Any other all time great athlete would say something along the lines of sports and politics shouldn't mix and they promote peace over war.

This is why he is a no body outside of India. Yeah he has a few fans in a few other countries but he doesn't have legion of fans outside of India unlike Federer, Jordan, Lebron, Ronaldo, Messi.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with that statement? Should he have said "I love Pakistan, let's give them 2 points out of the goodness of our hearts"?

He doesn't have many fans from all over the world because cricket is mainly limited to a few countries. It has nothing to do with what he says.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only an arrogant lowlife will think that the only way that Pak will get 2 points is if India forfeits the match.

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    These are the same people who were celebrating India's "sir ji kal strikes" on some trees and next day Pak showed Abhinandan drinking chai

Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    What's wrong with that statement? Should he have said "I love Pakistan, let's give them 2 points out of the goodness of our hearts"?

He doesn't have many fans from all over the world because cricket is mainly limited to a few countries. It has nothing to do with what he says.
    What he was supposed to say? Hey, look I don't think war is the answer to anything. India-Pakistan encounters are good for cricket and the game can bring the two countries closer as it has done in the past.

Is that so hard to say? Instead of acting like a kid "I would hate to give them two points".

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Teenda always had a carefully crafted image.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah guy is absolute classless if India was a person it would be him. Hardworking, successful, well recognised and rich but insecure to the core devoid of any charisma, class and a real chota admi both physically as well as in stature.
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 14th March 2019 at 19:58.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    These are the same people who were celebrating India's "sir ji kal strikes" on some trees and next day Pak showed Abhinandan drinking chai
    When they dropped a bomb on trees they were trending #SurgicalStrikes2, when Pakistan shot down their Jets they started trending #SayNoToWar. Of course Sachin and others kept their mouth shut, then when Pakistan released Abinandan as peace gesture Sachin and others shamelessly started trending #MyHero.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2020 View Post
    What he was supposed to say? Hey, look I don't think war is the answer to anything. India-Pakistan encounters are good for cricket and the game can bring the two countries closer as it has done in the past.

Is that so hard to say? Instead of acting like a kid "I would hate to give them two points".
    He's allowed to give his opinion. If he doesn't want India to play Pakistan, then he's allowed to say that. If he thinks India should play them so Pakistan don't get an advantage, he's also allowed to say that.

In fact Sachin often gets criticized for not being charismatic and being too politically correct. Someone like Viv told the opposing captain at the toss that no matter what team they pick, they'll get destroyed. But that's great because Viv has "swagger".

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    He's allowed to give his opinion. If he doesn't want India to play Pakistan, then he's allowed to say that. If he thinks India should play them so Pakistan don't get an advantage, he's also allowed to say that.

In fact Sachin often gets criticized for not being charismatic and being too politically correct. Someone like Viv told the opposing captain at the toss that no matter what team they pick, they'll get destroyed. But that's great because Viv has "swagger".
    I understand the anger here. Yes he has the right to give his opinion. But he ain't Chris Gayle or Samuels that's cocky and talk smack. He always presents himself as a statesman and an ambassador of the game. However his reactions against Pak overall have been unstatesman like, if you will. His reaction after India's CT loss was especially laugh worthy and then the chest thumping now are not what you expect of Sachin. Global stars like him should always stay above the curve in terms of what they say as that's expected.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the anger here. Yes he has the right to give his opinion. But he ain't Chris Gayle or Samuels that's cocky and talk smack. He always presents himself as a statesman and an ambassador of the game. However his reactions against Pak overall have been unstatesman like, if you will. His reaction after India's CT loss was especially laugh worthy and then the chest thumping now are not what you expect of Sachin. Global stars like him should always stay above the curve in terms of what they say as that's expected.
    Exactly, this guy is suppose to be the Ali, Federer, Jordan if the world of sports and most of his comments post retirement regarding Pakistan have been like a 16 yr old random YouTube Indian troll

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Only an arrogant lowlife will think that the only way that Pak will get 2 points is if India forfeits the match.
    All the world cup matches he played against Pakistan, he was on the winning side. He won 3 MOMs out of those 5 games. So he has every reason to feel that way.
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 13th March 2019 at 19:27.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, are you for real?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol, are you for real?
    Yes I am and so is Sachin. His stature is above this smack talk. Never said a thing while he was playing.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir will be difficult to face in English conditions for the Indian openers. Considering the mental trauma they are under from the T20 and Champions trophy, any assistance to the pacers form the pitch can be extremely detrimental to an Indian batting line up whose middle order is questionable.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2020 View Post

Sachin would risk getting called a traitor not worth having such a balanced view.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly Tendulkar is still cut up about the fact his first ever international game was playing for Pakistan under Imran Khan, and not India. One can only imagine the slack he received by Indian nationalists. I think this is the reason he was systematically brainwashed into right-wing nationalism.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He bashed Pakistan in World cup for fun all his career, so not surprised that he looks down on their team.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am still wondering what he said which set many people off here. It seemed like a harmless comment to ask team to play and beat Pak on the field of cricket and not to indulge in boycotts, something which many Pak fans themselves were saying

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    I am still wondering what he said which set many people off here. It seemed like a harmless comment to ask team to play and beat Pak on the field of cricket and not to indulge in boycotts, something which many Pak fans themselves were saying
    This!

I'm still wondering what unparliamentary language did he use in this instance? Thats what I asked rhony but he didn't have any answer apart from accusing Tendulkar of indulging in smack talk!

I mean, really? Now aiming to defeat one's arch rivals in cricket's biggest tourney is smack talk! Well you learn something new everyday.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    From asking for a ban on Pakistan, via forfeiting the match against Pakistan to now asking for win against Pakistan. Deere deere apni jagga pe a rahe hain.
    Haha so true. They can't walk the talk so they change the talk

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
    He bashed Pakistan in World cup for fun all his career, so not surprised that he looks down on their team.
    Lol so he has forgotten the many times Pakistan has beaten them otherwise? Pakistan was a better team for most of his career.