Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

The ineptness of the Indian Air Force

Might as well start this thread sooner rather than later, even though I have scattered this opinion in previous threads randomly in the past.

Fact remains that one or more planes were lost and one or more pilots have been captured today.

Same thing happened in Kargil when the PAF didn't even take to the skies.

In between whiles, we pulled out of any potential engagements one the PAF were 'activated' on the night of 26/11. Going back I believe the PAF one-upped us in 1965 too.

And we fly hundreds of Soviet-era craft and crash planes multiple times a year. In all, we fly 7 platforms from various countries, will be adding two more (Rafale, Tejas) at the expense of crores of taxpayer's rupees, and yet the powers that be can't stop hankering for more ad more phoren equipment while acting all step-fatherly to the homegrown industry like HAL.

I hope there is a silent review in the background of the IAF and with adequate changes made if necessary. The navy has been much more potent and successful in its indigenization efforts today and in the past.

Maybe others like @the Great Khan can chime in.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First Indians have to believe that Indian Air Force is inept.

According to them they killed 300 people in under 2 minutes, or they stayed 21 minutes in Pakistan all the way near KPK and no one touched them and they killed 300 people and then they ran away successfully.

If you believe the above claim, Indian Air Force is a successful entity.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    First Indians have to believe that Indian Air Force is inept.

According to them they killed 300 people in under 2 minutes, or they stayed 21 minutes in Pakistan all the way near KPK and no one touched them and they killed 300 people and then they ran away successfully.
    Myth. We are in 2019 and everybody has a cellphone camera, and access to platforms like Twitter. When our chopper went down, it was a flaming wreck and we all knew about it.

300 people die, an F-16 supposedly goes down and it's only chirping crickets. Yeah, okay.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My opinion might be an unpopular here in this regard to some Indians (and Pakistanis): but India (and Pakistan) shouldn't spend any further in buying military hardware

As the Pakistani military spokesperson said: the fact that 2 Indian planes crashed is not a cause of celebration for Pakistan.

This drama will die out soon, T-1day to elections! Then the warmongers will fall to sleep until next elections.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    My opinion might be an unpopular here in this regard to some Indians (and Pakistanis): but India (and Pakistan) shouldn't spend any further in buying further military hardware

As the Pakistani military spokesperson said: the fact that 2 Indian planes crashed is not a cause of celebration for Pakistan.

This drama will die out soon, T-1day to elections! Then the warmongers will fall to sleep until next elections.
    It's not like this happens prior to every Indian elections. Nothing happened in Feb 2014. Or Feb 2009. Or Feb 2004. We were in fact playing cricket during the latter.

Modi is a special kind of idiot though.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    My opinion might be an unpopular here in this regard to some Indians (and Pakistanis): but India (and Pakistan) shouldn't spend any further in buying military hardware

I will be good if calmness comes.no need to waste money on these things.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @Varun, if this is not a troll thread, I must say you are a brave man. Itís not easy to admit failure of own military personell.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    @Varun, if this is not a trolm thread, I must say you are a brave man. It’s not easy to admit failure of own military personell.
    Why do you think it's a troll thread?

Our Air Force gets our planes shot down and our pilots captured. In the 20th century and the 21st. Fact.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Why do you think it's a troll thread?

Our Air Force gets our planes shot down and our pilots captured. In the 20th century and the 21st. Fact.
    Ok, be ready for some PMs from Joshila and his students.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    @Varun, if this is not a troll thread, I must say you are a brave man. It’s not easy to admit failure of own military personell.
    its not hard lol . Lost a jet to a nation that is fraction of your size. Goes contrary to the narrative of economic and thus military muscle supremacy

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1004 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My respect for Varun has increased.

@Varun

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly offtopic but a BBC report mentioned that the India aircraft shot down today weren't intentionally entering Pakistani airspace while chasing the Pakistani jets but were 'pushed into Pakistan due to the wind direction'. I am no military expert so don't know how credible that is.

Having said that while the PAF did well today, the margins of error in these things are so small that drawing a conclusion from one engagement is impossible. It could just as easily have been a Pakistani jet crashing on the Indian side and then everyone's response would have been completely different. The only problem is that both countries have similar capabilities in terms of airpower but the Indian media raises unrealistic expectations by comparing the India-Pakistan military equation with US-Pakistan especially after the Abottabad raid.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A small country like Israel is light years ahead of India and Pakistan.

But even they had their F16 shot down in Syria last year by Iranian revolutionary guards.

You can have the best planes but once they are locked by a top of the range anti ballistic missile there is nothing they can do.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's not like this happens prior to every Indian elections. Nothing happened in Feb 2014. Or Feb 2009. Or Feb 2004. We were in fact playing cricket during the latter.

Modi is a special kind of idiot though.
    What Indian authorities should have done is go after him after the Gujarat massacre. He should have been prosecuted.

But as the Spanish saying goes hierba mala nunca muere (bad weed never dies). He is a villain and will persist until the last moment.

After decades Pakistan has a Government who ain't thinking how to launder money to Panama or Davos

but

IK's government is doing actions to make peoples' lives better. The Nooras and Zardaris are getting investigated and going to jails.

And now comes all this .....

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread sums up my view on this entire fiasco. We donít manufacture our own planes, we fly planes built in 1950s and somehow we underestimate anything coming out of Pakistan. If we really want to be aggressive how about building some muscle first.

I donít believe itís just down to the government. This exposes the war mongers in our Army and Air Force as well, who for years have underestimated our adversary.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As long as India is flying the wonderful MIG 21 BISON, no need for Pakistan to worry as those flying coffins will get the Indian pilots killed naturally without them moving a peep...

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    969 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    As long as India is flying the wonderful MIG 21 BISON, no need for Pakistan to worry as those flying coffins will get the Indian pilots killed naturally without them moving a peep...
    What were Pakistanis flying?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Chacha View Post
    Slightly offtopic but a BBC report mentioned that the India aircraft shot down today weren't intentionally entering Pakistani airspace while chasing the Pakistani jets but were 'pushed into Pakistan due to the wind direction'. I am no military expert so don't know how credible that is.

Having said that while the PAF did well today, the margins of error in these things are so small that drawing a conclusion from one engagement is impossible. It could just as easily have been a Pakistani jet crashing on the Indian side and then everyone's response would have been completely different. The only problem is that both countries have similar capabilities in terms of airpower but the Indian media raises unrealistic expectations by comparing the India-Pakistan military equation with US-Pakistan especially after the Abottabad raid.
    This is a fair post. The sad part is we as civilians can think this through. The nutcases in the top brass of the army and airforce dont

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Itís so stupid that we are still fighting. I just received a message from a Greek friend of mine wishing peace between pak and India. At the end of the day of War happens things will eventually cool down but the war will take thousands of not millions of lives. Subsequently we will be back to where we stand now.
    We must engage and solve our issues. How many more generations have to suffer?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    A small country like Israel is light years ahead of India and Pakistan.

But even they had their F16 shot down in Syria last year by Iranian revolutionary guards.

You can have the best planes but once they are locked by a top of the range anti ballistic missile there is nothing they can do.
    Except this seemed like it was a dogfight ... PAF skills were simply better. Getting a missle-lock by an S-300 or S-400 and thus losing a jet is understandable, but losing jets in a dogfight against a supposedly inferior enemy is fairly humiliating

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    What were Pakistanis flying?
    Pak operates the JF Thunder despite being a pretty below avg plane, is miles ahead of the MIG 21 Bison.. That kinda tells you the issue here lol .. Pakistani f16s are ok but they are no match for our Sukhoi MKI but those assets mainly only come out on a full blown war...

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Varun, I'm not regular here so don't know what your status quo with @cricketjoshila is, but expect an assault from him.

Not a rabid Armed Forces chest thumper, but think this thread is a little negative thinking. From what Imran said in his speech today, Pak fighters entered/tried to enter Indian airspace without any aim of targeting civilian or military posts, the IAF tried to send them back, and in the process one of the planes entered Pak air spce who this time around were waiting and shot it down. Don't see how this is an example of ineptitude. Most likely the IAF plane was brought down by Pak ground forces.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't be too harsh, they still managed to get into Pak airspace without being challenged and got out again.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    969 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Pak operates the JF Thunder despite being a pretty below avg plane, is miles ahead of the MIG 21 Bison.. That kinda tells you the issue here lol .. Pakistani f16s are ok but they are no match for our Sukhoi MKI but those assets mainly only come out on a full blown war...
    Oh ok thanks.

Why would IAF fighters not be given a decent plane if there is going to be an attack?

And IAF was expecting this attack.

Did they underestimate Pak?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    969 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    I wonder what USA operates.

Surely something that would smoke everything we all have right

How good is Rafale compared to these?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is there any news on which plane Pakistan used today?

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ok thanks.

Why would IAF fighters not be given a decent plane if there is going to be an attack?

something about thresholds. Putting out your best hardware indicates you are out for an all-out war.
    The Migs are junk and its amazing that it has been deployed in the frontline

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh ok thanks.

Yeap underestimating is the cause... LOL nearly 40 years of trying to build a jet an Tejas is still not combat ready ........................ This is why you want to BAN companies like HAL, and believe me you dont want the Rafales going to HAL they will destroy it, thank god for Anil Ambani and his crew for getting the Rafale contract.....

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder what USA operates.

Surely something that would smoke everything we all have right

How good is Rafale compared to these?
    It really depends, both the Sukhoi MKI and Rafale kind of serve different purposes, Rafale would be slightly advanced due to it's aerodynamics etc.. The_Great-Khan or Joshilia can elaborate further, they are the masters on fighter jets... USA operates technology that is almost Alien, rumours of their F-22 Raptor aka the most advanced bird in the sky was reverse engineered from a fallen Alien space craft... Could have truth to it as the Raptors are virtually impossible to locate on the most advanced of radars available today... If the F-22 Raptor enter's your airspace, THEN YOU ARE DEAD within 30 minutes it can do irreversible amount of damage to the enemy..

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    969 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MosheD View Post
    something about thresholds. Putting out your best hardware indicates you are out for an all-out war.
    The Migs are junk and its amazing that it has been deployed in the frontline
    Yeap underestimating is the cause... LOL nearly 40 years of trying to build a jet an Tejas is still not combat ready ........................ This is why you want to BAN companies like HAL, and believe me you dont want the Rafales going to HAL they will destroy it, thank god for Anil Ambani and his crew for getting the Rafale contract.....
    Interesting. Thanks for the info guys.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    969 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    It really depends, both the Sukhoi MKI and Rafale kind of serve different purposes, Rafale would be slightly advanced due to it's aerodynamics etc.. The_Great-Khan or Joshilia can elaborate further, they are the masters on fighter jets... USA operates technology that is almost Alien, rumours of their F-22 Raptor aka the most advanced bird in the sky was reverse engineered from a fallen Alien space craft... Could have truth to it as the Raptors are virtually impossible to locate on the most advanced of radars available today... If the F-22 Raptor enter's your airspace, THEN YOU ARE DEAD within 30 minutes it can do irreversible amount of damage to the enemy..
    Wow.... That's crazy.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    Varun, I'm not regular here so don't know what your status quo with @cricketjoshila is, but expect an assault from him.

Not a rabid Armed Forces chest thumper, but think this thread is a little negative thinking. From what Imran said in his speech today, Pak fighters entered/tried to enter Indian airspace without any aim of targeting civilian or military posts, the IAF tried to send them back, and in the process one of the planes entered Pak air spce who this time around were waiting and shot it down. Don't see how this is an example of ineptitude. Most likely the IAF plane was brought down by Pak ground forces.
    And the other one?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember seeing a defence expert talking a few days back where he mentioned we don't even have enough ammunition to last a 10 day full scale war with Pak. Expect the situation to be the same across the border. Both these countries' general populace overestimate their war capabilities and a large chunk of Indian defence equipment is classified as vintage by those in the know.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Remember seeing a defence expert talking a few days back where he mentioned we don't even have enough ammunition to last a 10 day full scale war with Pak. Expect the situation to be the same across the border. Both these countries' general populace overestimate their war capabilities and a large chunk of Indian defence equipment is classified as vintage by those in the know.
    Let's face it, the two 72-year old aunties have just one trick: fire a few shots and look towards the US to restore the status-quo.

There's always so much talk of nuclear weapons - has anybody checked whether these claims are what is advertised?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's always so much talk of nuclear weapons - has anybody checked whether these claims are what is advertised?
    Under Vajpayee when we tested, remember foreign experts being skeptical about the claims...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaj Tak or ABP News still claiming Pak F16 was shot down by Indian MIG 21. Lol
    Media need to stop chest thumping and spread peace talks not battle cries.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both PAF and IAF are very professional forces and doing excellent job in limited resources.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    No one is interested in peace. Especially the Indian media. No credibility whatsoever.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprising how pathetic the IAF have been, considering they are trained and equipped by the experienced Zionists.

Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shameful from India. Fully deserved for underestimating Pak air force.

This is not Looking good for Modi and BJP.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say more the ineptness of the ganwar leaders and the corrupt bureaucracy to which the armed forces in India are totally subservient.
    I hate the chest thumping civilians who will use the Indian armed forces as cannon fodder for their political purposes yet forget all about them when it comes to supporting them with good salaries ,pensions and equipment.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anil Ambani is going bankrupt and having to pay back dues, he's downright incompetent

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Problem is with us picking only aggressive versions from Media. It's not like a channel is not talking about Peace at all. May be escalating version is predominant currently on either side of border but de-escalating school of thought is not absent altogether. Let's say it's 80-20 split between warmongering and De-escalating. Every media house will have shared views and analysts. Problem is with us. We need to stop picking from 80% side and start picking from 20%.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Anil Ambani is going bankrupt and having to pay back dues, he's downright incompetent
    And has built a grand total of ZERO fighter planes in his 'illustrious' career.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So what next? Will India try again to enter Pak territory?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madplayer View Post
    is there any news on which plane pakistan used today?
    jf-17

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just hope this results in a heavy election defeat for Modi and some one else takes charge in India who is not a warmonger.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I just hope this results in a heavy election defeat for Modi and some one else takes charge in India who is not a warmonger.
    Best case scenario is actually Modi remaining PM but with his wings clipped massively - BJP needing a heavy coalition to be afloat.

Let him learn the hard way. Worked out fine with Vajpayee.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No the videos are every where on social media of the JF-17 pilot who shot down the MIG.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    No the videos are every where on social media of the JF-17 pilot who shot down the MIG.
    Ok. Am off social media for days.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ok. Am off social media for days.
    Believe me, you're not missing much.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both these countries' general populace overestimate their war capabilities and a large chunk of Indian defence equipment is classified as vintage by those in the know.
    Agree. And the civilians and soldiers will suffer the most.

If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe me, you're not missing much.
    It gets insane in times like this.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian air force is only talked up by their media. In reality they're always making silly errors.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well start this thread sooner rather than later, even though I have scattered this opinion in previous threads randomly in the past.

Fact remains that one or more planes were lost and one or more pilots have been captured today.

Same thing happened in Kargil when the PAF didn't even take to the skies.

In between whiles, we pulled out of any potential engagements one the PAF were 'activated' on the night of 26/11. Going back I believe the PAF one-upped us in 1965 too.

And we fly hundreds of Soviet-era craft and crash planes multiple times a year. In all, we fly 7 platforms from various countries, will be adding two more (Rafale, Tejas) at the expense of crores of taxpayer's rupees, and yet the powers that be can't stop hankering for more ad more phoren equipment while acting all step-fatherly to the homegrown industry like HAL.

I hope there is a silent review in the background of the IAF and with adequate changes made if necessary. The navy has been much more potent and successful in its indigenization efforts today and in the past.

Maybe others like @the Great Khan can chime in.
    Stupid thread, IAF is one of the best in the world, Top-7 easily. The Pakistan knows it and hence have piled up on beefing their Defence. Can't confirm but heard PAF pilots go through more hours and selection procedures are more rigid. Give credits to Pakistan and move on. These aren't numbers to chest thump, they are human beings. There is a military culture in Pakistan, there isn't one in India. They know we have superior equipments so they have practiced for it. This is not movies. Give credits and move on.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best we have got is sukhoi which is used only during actual wars. US has F22 or something we need to develop something like that indigenous. Hope this is taken as a lesson and we suspend usage of all MIG's at-least now.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realromeo View Post
    Stupid thread, IAF is one of the best in the world, Top-7 easily. The Pakistan knows it and hence have piled up on beefing their Defence. Can't confirm but heard PAF pilots go through more hours and selection procedures are more rigid. Give credits to Pakistan and move on. These aren't numbers to chest thump, they are human beings. There is a military culture in Pakistan, there isn't one in India. They know we have superior equipments so they have practiced for it. This is not movies. Give credits and move on.
    IAF is in the top 6 bu we can be better. We should compare ourselves with US/ Isreal/ China and not Pak and be content.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so this junk fighter brought down 2 IAF jets ?

The Griffins ....

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes ,not the pilots but planes, even making a Bollywood movie couldn't help.
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 27th February 2019 at 20:59.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Yes ,not the pilots but planes, even making a Bollywood movie couldn't help.
    Actually in the movie, they aborted the air route so ironically returned safe
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 27th February 2019 at 20:59.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought u r Indian 😮

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    Best we have got is sukhoi which is used only during actual wars. US has F22 or something we need to develop something like that indigenous. Hope this is taken as a lesson and we suspend usage of all MIG's at-least now.
    "only used in actual wars" ? LOL There will never be on. So we send two three old, outdated aircrafts for what ? Su-30 would have shot down the F-16 that brought down the Mig-21. This is like us playing WC with Vinay Kumar, RP Singh and Ramesh Powar lol.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IAF is in the top 6 bu we can be better. We should compare ourselves with US/ Isreal/ China and not Pak and be content.
    In this order, USAF, RFA, Russia, Israel, French, South Korea, Japan, China.

We and Pak fall somewhere between French and China. PAF has well trained pilots, weak toys, but very good pilots. PAF pilots aren't to be underestimated. Honest opinion, I think our overall Airforce is better than Pakistan`s but Pak probably has better skilled pilots. Just my strong opinion.
    Last edited by Realromeo; 27th February 2019 at 21:06.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "only used in actual wars" ? LOL There will never be on. So we send two three old, outdated aircrafts for what ? Su-30 would have shot down the F-16 that brought down the Mig-21. This is like us playing WC with Vinay Kumar, RP Singh and Ramesh Powar lol.
    I kind of agree. Saving Bumrah for the 20th over when the match is over in the initial 10 overs due to the likes of Umesh, Dinda and Shankar leaking runs.

I am no expert in India's defensive capabilities, but using old outdated aircrafts for this operation is pathetic. I am not sure why India opted for Migs, but I agree that if India are saving Sukhoi's for the real war, then that will never happen.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    And has built a grand total of ZERO fighter planes in his 'illustrious' career.
    And he is not going to build any as well. All 36 Rafales are coming from Dassault factory in France.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    753 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There must be a lot of corruption in Indian defence setup, otherwise IAF must have done something. At the end of the day, its IAF who is losing its pilots even at peace time, yet they are relying on civilians for contracts which never materialize.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    And he is not going to build any as well. All 36 Rafales are coming from Dassault factory in France.
    Of course, but I was alluding to the fact that the newborn hatched egg "Reliance Defence" has been awarded an offset contract by Dassaut.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Actually in the movie, they aborted the air route so ironically returned safe
    Rang de basanti

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL what ? Fallen from Alien Space ? LOL okay there. But you see, Russia builds butt whooping Defense system, pretty sure they already have one that are working. This is what superpowers do, sometimes they won't let it out in the open. They don't need to. Only we chest thump. USA is not giving F-22 to us. It will start with Israel or Canada and then come back to us.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    USA is not giving F-22 to us. It will start with Israel or Canada and then come back to us.
    The F-22 is not available for export to anybody. Even the US has ended production of this type after inducting 189 of it.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Look alot of Indians are probably critical of their Air forces performance. What you should be asking is what were their mission parameters? what orders were they given? what were their rules of engagement?

Its quite clear that the IAF had rehearsed this action as they had predicted our response time at night. They were probably given ROE's not to engage the PAF and just give a message hence releasing their payload early and then moving off. remember if reports from india are accurate the PAF was facing a large force possibly 6-12 planes so if they were to engage they could have easily done so and probably done some major damage. o lets not say they were incompetent. they either knew their target was a hit/miss one or they were meant to hit something else and retreated. That is for you guys to figure out.

Moving onto todays incident. i have just read on the net that one aircraft was a Mig-21 being escorted by an SU30 sent for interception. Both aircraft were engaged by thunders and taken out. one crashed on our side the other on the other side. I cannot confirm the loss of the SU30 but the bison is now confirmed.

Coming onto capability. i think this should silence those that think the thunder is mediocre. It is now combat proven. Simple fact. It has ended the argument of its capability vs the bison and potentially against the SU30. (we will await confirmation as it could have been a MIG-29). Either way as of today, the JF17 carried out six strikes by evading Indiand air defences in Indian kashmir, successfully completed its mission, shot down two IAF fighters and returned home. Not bad for a mediocre piece of junk.

Finally coming to overall capability. You have to remember when it comes to these engagements the odds are relatively even. Also take into account that we have been fighting a war for ten years. our forces are battle hardened and have been going through intense combat situations. Including the PAF. We have had to track the USAF which operates i afghanistan and have had experience of combat against the soviet union in the past too. We have also been training intensly against the SU30 so have doctrines to counter it. Our biggest ally is Indias overconfidence, HAL, and India's lack of ability to get rid of aircraft like the MIG-21. As long as you continue to deploy craft like the MIG-21 in situations like today you will lose. End of. As for the Raphael. All I'll say is that thing is a beast in our region but we have already flown against it. e.g. Red flag and in the mid east. We've also flown against the f22.

Another thing to note is that the IAF have never flown against the thunder till today. They have plenty of experience against the F16 but im sure they will learn lessons from today.

Overall today was a great day for a heavily outnumbered small but dedicated force. Our defence budget is ten times smaller than yours so I would question what that money is paying for rather than blame pilots who are professional and jsut follow orders..also i would question what orders they are getting and why..

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Of course, but I was alluding to the fact that the newborn hatched egg "Reliance Defence" has been awarded an offset contract by Dassaut.
    So? He will falcon business jet parts for Dassault. India is not buying those business jets. Whats our concern?

Btw in 1999 PAF took to skies. But they had no BVR capability and were locked on by BVR capable IAF jets. They stood down.

The IAF had complete air superiority in 1971.

Today also the least capable IAF jet took on the most capable PAF jet.

Sometimes in your hate for Modi, you forget you have a country India.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Moving onto todays incident. i have just read on the net that one aircraft was a Mig-21 being escorted by an SU30 sent for interception. Both aircraft were engaged by thunders and taken out. one crashed on our side the other on the other side. I cannot confirm the loss of the SU30 but the bison is now confirmed.
    Thanks for your insights, but there is absolutely zero evidence that an MKI has been taken down. Your post is the first I have heard of such.

If we have indeed lost an Su-30, the IAF is infinitely more incompetent than I imagined.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So? He will falcon business jet parts for Dassault. India is not buying those business jets. Whats our concern?

Btw in 1999 PAF took to skies. But they had no BVR capability and were locked on by BVR capable IAF jets. They stood down.

Question is why send your least capable Jet knowing that Pak will employ their best Jet?

A massive failure in terms of planning by our defense analysts.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Question is why send your least capable Jet knowing that Pak will employ their best Jet?

And the JF-17 is not Pakistan's 'best' jet. It's their version of the Tejas - a homegrown fighter with some foreign (Chinese) help.

Versus which we threw a Vietnam war era fighter. Go figure.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Look alot of Indians are probably critical of their Air forces performance. What you should be asking is what were their mission parameters? what orders were they given? what were their rules of engagement?

Its quite clear that the IAF had rehearsed this action as they had predicted our response time at night. They were probably given ROE's not to engage the PAF and just give a message hence releasing their payload early and then moving off. remember if reports from india are accurate the PAF was facing a large force possibly 6-12 planes so if they were to engage they could have easily done so and probably done some major damage. o lets not say they were incompetent. they either knew their target was a hit/miss one or they were meant to hit something else and retreated. That is for you guys to figure out.

Coming onto capability. i think this should silence those that think the thunder is mediocre. It is now combat proven. Simple fact. It has ended the argument of its capability vs the bison and potentially against the SU30. (we will await confirmation as it could have been a MIG-29). Either way as of today, the JF17 carried out six strikes by evading Indiand air defences in Indian kashmir, successfully completed its mission, shot down two IAF fighters and returned home. Not bad for a mediocre piece of junk.

Finally coming to overall capability. You have to remember when it comes to these engagements the odds are relatively even. Also take into account that we have been fighting a war for ten years. our forces are battle hardened and have been going through intense combat situations. Including the PAF. We have had to track the USAF which operates i afghanistan and have had experience of combat against the soviet union in the past too. We have also been training intensly against the SU30 so have doctrines to counter it. Our biggest ally is Indias overconfidence, HAL, and India's lack of ability to get rid of aircraft like the MIG-21. As long as you continue to deploy craft like the MIG-21 in situations like today you will lose. End of. As for the Raphael. All I'll say is that thing is a beast in our region but we have already flown against it. e.g. Red flag and in the mid east. We've also flown against the f22.

Another thing to note is that the IAF have never flown against the thunder till today. They have plenty of experience against the F16 but im sure they will learn lessons from today.

Overall today was a great day for a heavily outnumbered small but dedicated force. Our defence budget is ten times smaller than yours so I would question what that money is paying for rather than blame pilots who are professional and jsut follow orders..also i would question what orders they are getting and why..
    TGK with some in depth insight as always, too bad your Indian Indian colleague has gone missing

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The JF-17 isn't Pakistan's best jet, that'd probably be the F-16. Rid yourself of jingoism and you'll be able to see much more clearly

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL don't make attempts to hold him hostage in the name of Patriotism. Modi is a criminal, you can hate on Modi and also be a proud Indian.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post

Mig 21 bisons fly CAPs inside Indian territory. They responded to the F16s and engaged them and took one down.

Most likely they were nearest to the F16s most likely and hence intercepted them.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1846 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    LOL don't make attempts to hold him hostage in the name of Patriotism. Modi is a criminal, you can hate on Modi and also be a proud Indian.
    He can hate Modi all he wants. In this thread he is talking about the IAF.