Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    More important than his speeds was that he took 3 wickets and helped his team win a cup final, showing he has the temperament for the big occasion. Excited to see him v Aus.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bravo said that Hasnain was the difference in the final and Pakistan has another great fast bowler at their hands.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Needs to work on his run-up and seam. His run-up is laboured and if sorted will make his action more smoother and consistent. I am a little worried about his seam but we have a real talent on our hands.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    There was a ball he bowled today that made me smile and sit up with happiness.

It did not take a wicket. but it was fantastic viewing - a ball that whistled past the nose of the batsman at high speed. This on a flat deck.

Hasnain just looked at the batsman as if if to say "try and hit that mate".

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Needs to work on his run-up and seam. His run-up is laboured and if sorted will make his action more smoother and consistent. I am a little worried about his seam but we have a real talent on our hands.
    You were also worried about Shaheen's seam position and look how that turned out

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    You were also worried about Shaheen's seam position and look how that turned out
    I still am- I want to be proved wrong but a left armer will find it difficult to take wickets of good right handers without a good seam. Hopefully I am wrong, but the jury is still out.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love his bowling action. Attitude shows Signs of a good bowler. Great find!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He has to work on his fitness because he looks chubby (perhaps it is baby fat) and secondly his laborious run up.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see him vs Aus.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I still am- I want to be proved wrong but a left armer will find it difficult to take wickets of good right handers without a good seam. Hopefully I am wrong, but the jury is still out.
    The kid is 18 years old, not 38.

Give him time, there are bound to be a few teething problems and areas to work on.

Ludicrous to think that a bowler will be perfect in all areas at the age of 18.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Pakistani teenager Mohammad Hasnain could emerge as one of the fresh faces of world cricket, as the dashing pace ace seeks to make his international debut against Australia in Sharjah on Friday.

From playing with a taped cricket ball on the streets of Hyderabad to the bright lights of the Pakistan Super League, right-armer Hasnain has won plaudits, with former Australian allrounder Shane Watson declaring he had never seen an 18-year-old bowl as quick.

Dean Jones, the Australian Hall of Famer and coach of PSL franchise Islamabad, confirmed Hasnain had topped speeds of 150km/h through the Twenty20 tournament while representing Quetta Gladiators. He was man of the match in the final, claiming 3-30 and then declared he wanted a spot in Pakistan's World Cup side.

"I have always been a fast bowler and I hope to bowl even faster," Hasnain said.

"I prefer getting my wickets via yorkers or bouncers. [I] want to do well in the ODIs against Australia [and] maybe get a spot in the World Cup squad as well."

He finished the PSL with 12 wickets at 17.58, and made an impression on all who had watched his deeds.

Jones said Hasnain predominantly bowled two lengths - yorkers and bouncers - while Watson said "Hasnain's control over his length and swing is very impressive and he varies his pace very well".

For those with a keen eye on emerging talent, Hasnain took part in a Pakistan under-16 tour of Australia in late 2015 although local cricketing figures were hazy on Tuesday when it came to remembering him.

In an interview on pakpassion, Hasnain said: "This was my first experience of an overseas tour and I feel I did well where I picked up four wickets in two one-dayers and two Twenty20 matches."

He added: "I have a few role models who I try to emulate whenever I bowl. Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami and most importantly Waqar Younis are the Pakistan players whose videos I watch a lot to see if I can improve my bowling. Adam Milne of New Zealand is the non-Pakistani bowler I admire the most and whilst I have met Shoaib Akhtar and Waqar Younis, I would love to meet Milne one day and talk about my bowling with him."

In a weakened Pakistan side missing six front-line players, Hasnain - with only two first-class matches to his credit - could have an important role to play in the five-match series against Australia in the United Arab Emirates.

For the Australians, this series is their last before the World Cup squad is chosen by April 23, and has even more importance for the batsmen for David Warner and Steve Smith are determined to force their way into the XI once their bans expire. Warner and Smith are in India ahead of the Indian Premier League season beginning this weekend.

Skipper Aaron Finch has been backed but 157 runs (top score 93) at 31.4 in the winning five-match series against India has the hard-hitting opener keen for time in the middle.

AUSTRALIA v PAKISTAN

First ODI: March 22 in Sharjah
    Second ODI: March 24 in Sharjah
    Third ODI: March 27 in Abu Dhabi
    Fourth ODI: March 29 in Dubai
    Fifth ODI: March 31 in Dubai

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...19-p515h9.html

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hasnain should replace Hasan Ali by all means in match vs South Africa.

Few Suggestions for Azhar Mehmood and Hasnain.

1. Hasnain should spend few sessions with Waqar You is in nets.

2. Azhar Mehmood hopefully is working on his wrist position aswell as ball release. Azhar himself bowled good outswingers to right handed batsmen.

3. Hasnain needs to bowl good swingers or indippers to Amla, Makaram and De Cock. He needs to practice hard wrt his length and line with new ball. Length should be just short of " the slot " are giving the ball enough time to swing in the air and drives from this length won't be easy. Slips would be in action aswell as lbw dismissal vs De Cock. Speeds of such deliveries should be in excess of 142 kph.

4. Hasnain with new ball should occasionally surprise the batsmen with 145+ kph bouncer above shoulder height aswell as toe crushing Yorker. He should do adequate practice.

5. With old ball he should mostly prefer 143+ kph Yorkers and lesser slower bowls which should be surprise element and not routine cutters.

6. Hasnain should also bowl Yorkers to right hand batsmen from around the wicket with old ball. He has a slightly slingy action abit round arm hence from around the wicket he should target hitting off stump of RHB at pace in excess of 142 kph. Needs lots of practice to master this. Hasnain must see footage of Lasith Malinga where he dismissed Steve Smith. Duplesis with high back lift could be bowled like that aswell and scoring will be very difficult if Hasnain bowls Yorkers from this angle with precision.

7. Hasnain must bowl fast. Atleast 2,3 deliveries should be bowled at 150 kph. There should be a short leg for him with new ball.

If he does this I am pretty sure that He can win the next match for Pakistan. InshaAllah.

Note : Sarfraz shouldn't be in Hasnain's ears each over. Let him execute his training and plans. Give him the new ball along with Amir.

Best Wishes and Prayers Hasnain. Be Confident and fearless. May Allah bless you.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that we are heading out of the world cup I'm really looking forward to seeing Hasnain on Friday against Bangladesh. He has the potential to break the speed record in the world cup.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Wahab preferred over him in 2nd ODI - fair?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Wahab preferred over him in 2nd ODI - fair?
    No. Hasnain should be groomed, if we're not gonna play him against SL then when will we play him? Wahabs ODI career should be over, he can play T20Is.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wahab is concentrating on white ball cricket so i dnt mind him playing but shinwari is bowling at 80mphs here..need better than that

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omer2002 View Post
    wahab is concentrating on white ball cricket so i dnt mind him playing but shinwari is bowling at 80mphs here..need better than that
    Yes. I just saw Amir bowl one at 95 mph.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Misbah speaking to the media today:

"Musa and Naseem are playing FC cricket, they are fit enough for 4-day and Test cricket. Hasnain's fitness and conditioning towards the longer format, based on what the physio and trainer have told us: we need to work on him after the Australia tour and build him up gradually towards bowling 12, 14, 16 overs, even before playing FC cricket. According to the physio, if we put him in FC cricket before readying him, he can get a long-term injury after playing 1-2 matches. After the Australia tour, he will come back and do some work for 4-6 weeks and gradually he will become fitter for the longer format"

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Misbah speaking to the media today:

"Musa and Naseem are playing FC cricket, they are fit enough for 4-day and Test cricket. Hasnain's fitness and conditioning towards the longer format, based on what the physio and trainer have told us: we need to work on him after the Australia tour and build him up gradually towards bowling 12, 14, 16 overs, even before playing FC cricket. According to the physio, if we put him in FC cricket before readying him, he can get a long-term injury after playing 1-2 matches. After the Australia tour, he will come back and do some work for 4-6 weeks and gradually he will become fitter for the longer format"
    Yet this lad was taken to the World Cup.

Why do we play with the careers of our cricketers and then we wonder why they have serious injuries.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Yet this lad was taken to the World Cup.

Why do we play with the careers of our cricketers and then we wonder why they have serious injuries.
    Sarfraz and Mickey era, lots of questionable decisions.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the emerging asia cup squad

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Is he that bad or Australian batsmen too good for him?

That monster six from Finch!

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He bowled decently

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Has not improved an inch so far. Looks like another PSL drama who has been exposed.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant expect much when are defending 106 in a T20 match.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    390 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Exciting prospect, but still has a very long way to go. He's not international standard yet, and he needs urgent work on his run up and action. Once the remedial work is done, needs to play FC cricket to learn how to control his bowling. Nasim Shah is a more polished product, and is far more ready.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bowled pretty good with good gas..with that score what do you expect...he does need to improve his fieldg though otherwise another irfan...

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is good, still young, will improve In sha Allah.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur on TV:

"Hasnain was with us at the World Cup, he's been with the squad for around 9 months. His role was to bowl in the middle overs and strike with Shadab. There was clear role definition, taking wickets was key and during that lovely run under Sarfaraz, our bowling defended a lot"

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Overrated bowler, no real talent besides some pace

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still a massive work in progress. If he puts his head down and works hard he could be a solid bowler.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Is international cricket about taking wickets or simply a pace contest ?

Maintain he was selected 1-2 years too soon.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be solid all format bowler in 2-3 years the challenge is to stop him from being a pyjama leagues merchant

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    No wickets but virtually unplayable by looks of it for AFG U23 batsmen!

5 overs for 8 runs