Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"It would be a dream come true to play in the World Cup" : Haris Rauf

Haris Rauf was plucked from relative obscurity by the Pakistan Super League side Lahore Qalandars and is now enjoying a dream debut season where he is the leading wicket-taker for the PSL franchise.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Haris spoke about his progress in the ongoing fourth edition of the PSL, his rise from a budding fast-bowler to a mainstay of the Lahore Qalandarsí bowling attack, the experience of playing under the captaincy of AB de Villiers and his aspirations to represent Pakistan at the 2019 World Cup.

PakPassion.net: How would you describe the PSL tournament for yourself so far?

Haris Rauf:
    PSL 2019 has been an excellent tournament for me so far in terms of my performances. I have earned praise for my efforts from many people and most importantly, I'm gaining confidence from every match I play for Lahore Qalandars. I have had some fantastic support from the team management, especially from Sameen Rana and some really great trust has been shown in my abilities by our team director and head coach, Aaqib Javed which is something I will never forget.

PakPassion.net: Playing for Lahore Qalandars in Pakistanís premier Twenty20 tournament must be a great achievement for you?

Haris Rauf:
    I feel that I am lucky that I am playing in a top-class competition like the PSL and this is really like a dream which has come true for me. I have come through the Lahore Qalandars Player Development Program and only started playing proper cricket with the Lahore Qalandars and I am really enjoying myself in the side. Of course, itís not been an easy ride for me as I had to work very hard to get to this stage but once again, I am thankful to Lahore Qalandars as they sent me to Australia and have looked after me so well. I am pleased to say that whatever I have learnt from my experience, I am applying in the PSL and the performances are there for all to see.

PakPassion.net: Your rise from a person of ordinary means to one of Lahore Qalandars top bowlers this season must be a great example for others in similar positions?

Haris Rauf:
    Indeed, I have come through some tough times but my advice to all youngsters is that you too can succeed like me even if you have not been blessed with financial resources and the right connections which sometimes can give you a chance to play top-level cricket. The Lahore Qalandars Player Development Program is an ideal platform for any player who can show the right talent and has the skills needed to succeed at the highest level of the game. Such a player through this program can go to Australia, play in the PSL and also possibly play for Pakistan in the future. If there are youngsters who look at the Lahore Qalandars trials with some doubts, where they feel that they will never be noticed and not get selected then I have some advice for them which is simply that if you have the talent, you will be spotted, selected and if they are looking for an example, then they donít need to look any further than me.

PakPassion.net: What has the experience been like of playing in the same team as AB de Villiers?

Haris Rauf:
    Ever since I started to take an interest in cricket, I have always admired two batsmen above any others. One is Virat Kohli and the other is AB de Villers. I was extremely fortunate that I got to bowl at Virat Kohli in the nets during Indiaís recent visit to Australia. That experience was amazing in itself as I got to learn a few things and he also gave me some tips which have been very useful for me. Similarly, playing under the captaincy of AB de Villiers is also very useful as he is giving me so much confidence and is showing me how to read the game and is making us all very mentally strong. It's an absolute pleasure playing under the captaincy of AB de Villiers.

PakPassion.net: How does it feel to be bowling to some of the world's top batsmen during the PSL?

Haris Rauf:
    As we know, PSL is almost like an international tournament as the quality of cricket as well as the players who are involved in it is absolutely top class. When you play in such a tournament, you have to be at the top of your game as you are bowling against international players from overseas as well from Pakistan and you will only succeed if you have the confidence to bowl against them. One really has to believe in oneself and to know that a good ball will get a wicket, regardless of the reputation of the batsmen one is bowling to. I suppose I am focused on the objective of bowling well and the Almighty is rewarding me by allowing me to take wickets in such a top-quality tournament.

PakPassion.net: Based on your current performances in the PSL, do you feel you are now ready to play international cricket?

Haris Rauf:
    I have been playing some very good quality cricket for almost a year and a half, and I have put in a lot of effort during this period of time. To me, the quality and standard of cricket that we see in the PSL is pretty similar to what one would find in international cricket. I feel that if I am given a chance to play for Pakistan, I will have no real difficulty in playing international cricket, God Willing.

PakPassion.net: So, in your view, PSL is close enough to international cricket in terms of standards?

Haris Rauf:
    Of course, I am yet to play an international game but based upon what I have observed, there appears to be no real difference in international games and what we see being played here in the PSL in terms of standards and the level of intensity. By all accounts, the pressure that one encounters during PSL is very similar to what one faces during international games and if one can succeed in the PSL, then playing for the country becomes that much easier as well.

PakPassion.net: Are you hoping to be selected for the Pakistan squad for the 2019 World Cup?

Haris Rauf:
    It would be a dream come true to play in the World Cup, but it is really down to the selectors to decide if they feel that I am suitable enough for the Pakistan squad for the World Cup this summer. If they think that I have the abilities and skills which are a good fit for the side, then I will be more than happy to play for my country if given a chance to do that. My chances for selection as well as my preparation for the road ahead are based upon the advice I am receiving and will be given by Aaqib Javed and Sameen Rana. Lahore Qalandars have been kind enough to sign me up for a contract for 10 years and I will always be indebted to them for putting their trust in me, and I hope to repay their trust by following their guidance in the future.

PakPassion.net: How do you feel about playing alongside another very talented fast-bowler in the shape of Shaheen Shah Afridi?

Haris Rauf:
    It's absolutely amazing bowling alongside Shaheen Shah Afridi and I feel we are a good bowling pair as we have bowled well together during the PSL. Even for someone so young, Shaheen has a lot of advice to offer to me which I have found very useful. He is a senior player compared to myself and he has also played at the international level for Pakistan, so I am learning a lot from him as well. Throughout the games we have played together for Lahore, Shaheen has always been by my side to give me tips and I try and put into practice whatever he tells me. On top of that Shaheen Shah Afridi is also a good friend and I really enjoy playing alongside him at all times.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Not unless he can learn to hold a bat. Can't afford to have 2-3 #11s in the lineup.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exciting talent.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell no, Junaid khan actually has 50 over experience

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replaces shinwari straight away

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    He seems very motivated and riding on a high which is good for a fast-bowler - needs to be noticed and picked by Pakistan ASAP.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to take care of his fitness.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kid is either very confident or getting ahead of himself if he's thinking about the WC before playing 1 international game for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I just think it's too soon to play him in a World Cup.

It's so empting, but it's a huge risk.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Replaces shinwari straight away
    The problem is that Mickey and Inzi rate Shinwari very highly...

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

We are a nation who has tasted success by taking risks. Look at when Wasim Akram made his debut, or Inzimam.

We need to take risks.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea not after today.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Yea not after today.
    He is too depedent on reverse swing. How much reverse swing is available in June in the UK?

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is just average. Good only for PSL. Not an international material at all.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza619 View Post
    We are a nation who has tasted success by taking risks. Look at when Wasim Akram made his debut, or Inzimam.

We need to take risks.
    Inzamam was already well-known in domestic cricket at UBL. He had already done very well in domestic cricket in fact I remember his team-mate at UBL Masood Anwaar telling me about Inzi 2 years before he made his international debut.

Haris has hardly played any cricket at all and certainly is no Wasim Akram.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Inzamam was already well-known in domestic cricket at UBL. He had already done very well in domestic cricket in fact I remember his team-mate at UBL Masood Anwaar telling me about Inzi 2 years before he made his international debut.

Imran Khan on record has said that the selection committee did not want Inzi selected and one of the selectors even resigned because IK stuck to his guns on Inzi. Had IK not backed Inzi the way he did, we would not have had Inzamam ul Haq and he would have rotted in domestic cricket like so many of our other players

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

We need to take risks.
    Inzamam was one of the leading run scorers in FC cricket for at least 3-4 seasons in the late 1980s. It's a myth that he was plucked from nowhere.

For every Wasim Akram, there is an example of someone like Hasan Raza who debuted far too early which hurt his development.

The likes of Abbas and Yasir were not harmed by spending time in domestic cricket honing their skills. I'm really tired of this new selection policy where one PSL is enough for national team selection as if PSL is the end-all be-all.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Imran Khan on record has said that the selection committee did not want Inzi selected and one of the selectors even resigned because IK stuck to his guns on Inzi. Had IK not backed Inzi the way he did, we would not have had Inzamam ul Haq and he would have rotted in domestic cricket like so many of our other players
    I don't deny that, but I stand by what I wrote earlier:

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't deny that, but I stand by what I wrote earlier:

Lets be real, how many star performers do we keep hearing about in Domestic Cricket? How many get an opportunity to play for Pakistan at all and become legends? Being well known in domestic cricket doesn't mean much unless you don't have someone to vouch for you. Fawad Alam is perhaps our biggest legend in Domestic Cricket History, what did it do for his international career?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Inzamam was one of the leading run scorers in FC cricket for at least 3-4 seasons in the late 1980s. It's a myth that he was plucked from nowhere.

For every Wasim Akram, there is an example of someone like Hasan Raza who debuted far too early which hurt his development.

The likes of Abbas and Yasir were not harmed by spending time in domestic cricket honing their skills. I'm really tired of this new selection policy where one PSL is enough for national team selection as if PSL is the end-all be-all.
    To be honest, bowlers especially pace bowlers need to be drafted in early and kept away from the inefficiencies, rot of domestic cricket. However for batsmen it is a different story, you can insist on them piling on consistent runs in domestic cricket for a bit before getting an international opportunity

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ok fair point.

But this selection policy of having a set criteria in last decade has not worked. We are bottom of the league in tests/ODIs.

I would rather see more new raw faces tried in team Pakistan. Who knows someone with great potential might click and we discover one or two world class gems.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post

I am not sure what Abbas and Yasir has achieved??

Yasir after 15 years still cannot spin the ball, his only utility is in UAE, they too on Day 4/5, rest he has been pretty flat...Cannot play any other format, where as in rest of the world, leggys are enjoying golden age...

Abbas, is again a dibble dobbly bowler, who has been worked out for most part, cannot play any other format other than test, that too is getting limited by every series...He has very limited skill set that does not go very well with his extremely trundling pace.

Pakistani domestic is producing trash bowlers, wickets are such that you donít need 140 pace, 130 is too much, top line bowlers are 125 clicks...The Most embarrassing part of SA series was our bowlers at 130 and thereís at 145, things cannot go worse than...

In last 10 years Pakistan has stopped producing fast bowlers, last year Afridi and this year these two were after long drought(since 2010)... There are lot of factors UAE and domestic infrastructure been the top of the list. Sending them to domestic will not produce much results. Afridi has been benefited by playing with national team. He is already best bowler in limited overs cricket.

For test he needs endurance, not just him every bowler, which I am afraid will be too much work and there is no motivation... Test bowling will be left to the likes of Abbas and Yasir, with average skills and work horse... Secondly Pakistani public does not understand test cricket, education level is not there to have mass appeal for test cricket, bowlers will not put effort to make a mark, not to mention who wants to rot in desert 🌵 !!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok fair point.

But this selection policy of having a set criteria in last decade has not worked. We are bottom of the league in tests/ODIs.

I would rather see more new raw faces tried in team Pakistan. Who knows someone with great potential might click and we discover one or two world class gems.
    +1

Pak cricket in 90s was all about flair and raw talent. I am not undermining the importance of domestic cricket here but selecting only based on domestic stats is not enough. Selectors and coaches need to have an eye for talent, who can see if a player can become a match winner.

PSL in someway has revived that old culture with the likes of Shaheen, Shadab coming into team without playing much FC cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad luck for Haris looked more threatening than hasnain with yorkers and bouncers

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete **, should have dropped Amir and Shinwari.

Much rather gone with Haris, Husnain, Abbas, Junaid, Wahab to fight for 2 spots for WC along Shaheen, Hassan, Faheem.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he was a better option than Hasnain. Truly shocked.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get him in WC XI asap. We need express pace

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted both Rauf and Hasnain in the team and hoped that one of them could book a ticket to WC. But our chief selector is not the smartest and just seem out of touch.....

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has not played a single first class match, and apparently he refused to.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SARJ_BD View Post
    I thought he was a better option than Hasnain. Truly shocked.
    He will definitely be selected for T20Is. Not sure he is the best option for ODI cricket, as he is not a conventional seamer.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    He will definitely be selected for T20Is. Not sure he is the best option for ODI cricket, as he is not a conventional seamer.
    We need variety in our death bowling, he could have provided that missing link. To me both Hussanian and Rauf should have been tried against AUS.

I believe his whole selection decision was based on that one over. In which he mainly bowled one bad ball, last one, when Sammy hit him for six. Things can be cruel for young guys in Pakistan, one ball makes and breaks... where no matter how many blunders seniors make (like of Malik, Sarfraz, Hafeez), they will be slectied in the name of experience...Ironically Pakistan still look for youngesters to win us matches, like in CT, where burden end up being on Fakhir to score not the blessed seniors. They now blame lack of Fakhirís form as major source of concern

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breath of fresh air is rauf. I think he is a must for the world cup squad. The following bowlers we should have for world cup are: amir, junaid khan, shaheen afridi, haSan ali and rauf

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    We need variety in our death bowling, he could have provided that missing link. To me both Hussanian and Rauf should have been tried against AUS.

I believe his whole selection decision was based on that one over. In which he mainly bowled one bad ball, last one, when Sammy hit him for six. Things can be cruel for young guys in Pakistan, one ball makes and breaks... where no matter how many blunders seniors make (like of Malik, Sarfraz, Hafeez), they will be slectied in the name of experience...Ironically Pakistan still look for youngesters to win us matches, like in CT, where burden end up being on Fakhir to score not the blessed seniors. They now blame lack of Fakhirís form as major source of concern
    He hasn't played any domestic cricket, so his fitness/endurance levels for longer forms of cricket are questionable. I'm pretty sure he will be selected for T20Is.

Debut
    Jun 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope he is not selected, I will select Muhammad abbas over him in the world squad any day. Muhammad abbas, amir, Shaheen afridi, Hasan ali should be part of the squad as pacers for the world cup

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great effort from him given (i) the dimensions of the ground, (ii) how most of the other bowlers bowled and (iii) when he bowled (at the death).

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not a finished product.. 4 overs of T20 cricket not enough to get into the CWC squad..

Let him get more experience in the domestics..

Compared to Hasnain, Rauf is little wayward and his death bowling was better which also got a beating last night..

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    List A debut today.

Hurrying Kamran and Khurram on a flat pitch.
    @Saj any clues as to why he wasn't considered for national team?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gets that extra zip. Shame there aren't any speed cameras. Exposing these TTFs for what they are.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has a brain too. Gets Kamran.

Domestic kings looking very uncomfortable against him.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    List A debut today.

Hurrying Kamran and Khurram on a flat pitch.
    @Saj any clues as to why he wasn't considered for national team?
    Saj will check with Mickey Arthur on this..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He certainly carries more aggression and lethal approach than Hasnain

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowled some absolute jaffas today.

Did struggle with his line vs left handers in his opening spell though.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Haris Rauf's full spell in the Pakistan Cup final. Thought he was pretty good with the new ball in particular.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Looks the part, did anyone else swing the ball as much?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow crazy spell. Swing and pace.

Troubled Abid too which is no joke.

He will soon be playing for Pakistan.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    PSL + Pakistan Cup (from the little i see) i think he gets the most swing among all Pakistani bowlers.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Haris Rauf's full spell in the Pakistan Cup final. Thought he was pretty good with the new ball in particular.
    That is superb bowling !

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haris was superb but what was most impressive was that Abid was struggling at the start and was something like 8(24) and then later on in the video he made it up and was 98(87) before I lost interest... Talk about an epic recovery. What a talent yaar.... instead we will have nephew opening the batting for us at the WC.

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Haris was superb but what was most impressive was that Abid was struggling at the start and was something like 8(24) and then later on in the video he made it up and was 98(87) before I lost interest... Talk about an epic recovery. What a talent yaar.... instead we will have nephew opening the batting for us at the WC.
    In his innings of 95 earlier in the tournament, he was on 1 (18) at one point.

Scored 94 off the next 59 balls

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I didn't watch all the matches extremely closely so can't be certain but from what I saw, he was moving the new ball the most.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    In his innings of 95 earlier in the tournament, he was on 1 (18) at one point.

Scored 94 off the next 59 balls
    Not surprising that the guy has scored a 200 in one days.

If Inzi and Mickey dont select him and botch this again, i will be livid.

And 'fitness' is only required for players like Abid, for Imad Wasim its a free ride.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I didn't watch all the matches extremely closely so can't be certain but from what I saw, he was moving the new ball the most.
    From the small snippets I saw, he looked to be really moving it and no one else got off the straight

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    He has that natural ability to swing the ball almost without knowing it.

Some bowlers have that skill to swing the ball on most surfaces and in most conditions and Haris is one of those bowlers.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has that natural ability to swing the ball almost without knowing it.

Some bowlers have that skill to swing the ball on most surfaces and in most conditions and Haris is one of those bowlers.
    Hope Mickey watched his bowling in the final...

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just love his bowling action. It is so firm!

This chap has a 10/10 on body language and confidence.

Time to scrap Junaid Khan and M Amir.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Mickey watched his bowling in the final...
    Mickey was lotting Pakistan and having beer … Mickey doesn't watch domestic.

Woolmer got Asif from Pak domestic

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just love his bowling action. It is so firm!

This chap has a 10/10 on body language and confidence.

Time to scrap Junaid Khan and M Amir.
    His bowling action is terrible, lol.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Get him in the team as a red shirt, at least.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowling attack is missing someone with his wicket taking ability, whatever the stage of the innings.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Get him on plane you incompetent selectors
    Last edited by The Viper; 17th May 2019 at 23:34.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is the quickest .
    Swings the new ball .
    Has the best yorker and a very good slower ball .
    Why can't Inzi pick him over a trundler like junaid

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Big mistake to pick Junaid over this guy.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He won’t make difference. The guy outside the team always looks better then the guys in.

He was good in the PSL not amazing.

We need to stop these impulse selections.

Plus even if he was as good as he’s hyped up to be, he wouldn’t be able to make difference on his own if everybody else is so average.
    Last edited by j_kazmi; 17th May 2019 at 23:58.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pace is not everything.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    He won’t make difference. The guy outside the team always looks better then the guys in.

Plus even if he was as good as he’s hyped up to be, he wouldn’t be able to make difference on his own if everybody else is so average.
    You're bang on. For our fans, it's a case of 'grass is always greener on the other side'. Hasnain wouldn't have made a huge difference tbh

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You obviously didn't watch Pakistan Cup...

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    You're bang on. For our fans, it's a case of 'grass is always greener on the other side'. Hasnain wouldn't have made a huge difference tbh

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You obviously didn't watch Pakistan Cup...
    Who were the 3 leading wicket takers in the Pakistan Cup this year?

Wahab Riaz, Amad Butt and Hammad Azam.

Why donít we get them 3 in the team aswell?

These impulse selections donít change anything. Rauf has barely played professional cricket for more than 6 months.

Most of us at PP(including yourself probably) have been watching cricket for a long time and whenever the team plays badly everyone immediately calls for the next exciting youngster to be selected based on impulse. This is a cycle the happens every time and I donít ever remember it working.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wonít make difference. The guy outside the team always looks better then the guys in.

Plus even if he was as good as heís hyped up to be, he wouldnít be able to make difference on his own if everybody else is so average.

Which bowler bowled better yorkers than him in PSL and Pakistan Cup? Yes Wahab was outstanding with that but he has other short comings.

Irrespective of how much cricket he has played its about what the team needs. We need someone who can bowl yorkers at the death. If there is anyone else who can do the job then select him but team needs a decent death overs bowler.

Having right players for the right role makes a huge difference.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Would a decent spinner have made a difference or would it also fall under green grass theory?
    Last edited by Titan24; 18th May 2019 at 04:00.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Who were the 3 leading wicket takers in the Pakistan Cup this year?

Wahab Riaz, Amad Butt and Hammad Azam.

Why don’t we get them 3 in the team aswell?

These impulse selections don’t change anything. Rauf has barely played professional cricket for more than 6 months.

Most of us at PP(including yourself probably) have been watching cricket for a long time and whenever the team plays badly everyone immediately calls for the next exciting youngster to be selected based on impulse. This is a cycle the happens every time and I don’t ever remember it working.
    Precisely, he isn't simply being advocated for on the basis of stats, which would lead you to believe Hammad Azam is a superior bowler.

He was the best bowler with the new ball and the best bowler at the death, generally, barring an off day or two in the Pakistan Cup.

The commentators mentioned how he was really the only one to get much movement at all with the new ball and his death-bowling skills are proven.

Junaid offers nothing. 79mph dibbly dobbly no swing, no yorkers, nothing. His asset is being able to seam the ball a little and bowl tight lines, alongside a few variations for the death, which really isn't much on these type of pitches. He barely bowls yorkers anymore.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hahaha

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Would a decent spinner have made a difference or would it also fall under green grass theory?
    Well England stuggle against quality spin so I reckon Umer Khan would have done good, not saying we would have won all these games but people are just clutching at straws by acting as if people who aren't in the team will make a difference. Haris Rauf struggled in the pressure situations towards the end of the PSL

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    903 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He would have been a much better selection than Hasnain. Pace is about the same but he has more control and has the ability to contain in death.

Not saying he is the savior but purely based on skill he is better.