Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 401 to 478 of 478
  1. #401
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,635
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    India should wear the caps in the rest of the two matches as well.

    Lets see if ICC takes any action. Also lets see if ICC allows the Pakistanis to raise the Kashmir issue in ICC matches.

    The sense of entitlement these guys have is astonishing. India and Indians wont ask Pakistanis or PCB before supporting the Indian army. No one is stopping Pakistan from wearing their army's cap as well.
    Its not about caps.

    Its about the idea of attire in cricket. Dont make it into a nationalist issue.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #402
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,877
    Mentioned
    1537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Its not about caps.

    Its about the idea of attire in cricket. Dont make it into a nationalist issue.
    Its a nationalistic issue. Thats where you are missing the point. A nation will support its army, another nation must not expect anything else.

  3. #403
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,382
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    So why have national flags and anthems? Nation states is the basis of todays world.
    Remind me when those rules were created in Cricket for countries to play?


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  4. #404
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,382
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    BCCI is doing this within the defined set of parameters.

    BCCI is allowed to provide any clothing to its team. And they have provided their players with an army cap.
    The protocol is to consult the ICC before this occurs, by Dhoni going to the BCCI for permission doesn't mean anything as the board would obviously allow him since they're increasingly jingoistic in their policy dealing and the rules are enforced by the ICC once the players step onto the field.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  5. #405
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,096
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Its a nationalistic issue. Thats where you are missing the point. A nation will support its army, another nation must not expect anything else.
    No. Indian team is actually promoting war by wearing army caps. Highly disappointing and any sensible Gandhian Indian should feel ashamed of such gestures.

  6. #406
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,877
    Mentioned
    1537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    No. Indian team is actually promoting war by wearing army caps. Highly disappointing and any sensible Gandhian Indian should feel ashamed of such gestures.
    They are supporting their army in war or in peace. They will continue to do so.

  7. #407
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post


    Came across this
    Ghar mey ghuss key...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I have spent 3 years in the U.S. and you have missed the point again. There are people everywhere who raise their voices against oppression without distinguishing between the religion of the oppressed and the oppressor. They classify as true humanitarians. However, the majority of the people do not fall into that category and fail to be impartial.
    I don't see why this is a problem though. Your first priority is always your family.

    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    India should wear the caps in the rest of the two matches as well.

    Lets see if ICC takes any action. Also lets see if ICC allows the Pakistanis to raise the Kashmir issue in ICC matches.

    The sense of entitlement these guys have is astonishing. India and Indians wont ask Pakistanis or PCB before supporting the Indian army. No one is stopping Pakistan from wearing their army's cap as well.
    And Sarfaraz should dedicate Pakistan's victory over India at the World Cup to the people of Kashmir. Play with fire and you will get burned.

  8. #408
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    No. Indian team is actually promoting war by wearing army caps. Highly disappointing and any sensible Gandhian Indian should feel ashamed of such gestures.
    How is supporting armed forces that got killed by terrorists in Pulwama is promoting war?

  9. #409
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,877
    Mentioned
    1537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Ghar mey ghuss key...



    I don't see why this is a problem though. Your first priority is always your family.



    And Sarfaraz should dedicate Pakistan's victory over India at the World Cup to the people of Kashmir. Play with fire and you will get burned.
    First he has to win to dedicate the victory.

  10. #410
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It's okay, guys. The Indian armed forces need all the help they can get. They've been through some tough times recently and have realized what they are up against.

    Pakistan will remind them again at the world cup and I really hope Sarfaraz or Akmal or someone dedicates the victory to the people of Kashmir.

    Phir inki bohat jaley gi.

  11. #411
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    8,294
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let the ICC decide now since Pakistan has objected in the open. If the Indian team went against protocol, action will be taken against them. If no action is taken, you'll know how serious the matter is.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  12. #412
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    How is supporting armed forces that got killed by terrorists in Pulwama is promoting war?
    Once again, what is your definition of terrorism and does that Kashmiri kid fit this definition?

    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    First he has to win to dedicate the victory.
    I know, but hypothetically speaking, you'll be okay with that, right?

  13. #413
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    2,029
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    No. Indian team is actually promoting war by wearing army caps. Highly disappointing and any sensible Gandhian Indian should feel ashamed of such gestures.
    You may as well go talk to a brick wall as it seems the extreme right wing jingoism that's swept across India has inflicted the sensible ones as well.

  14. #414
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    761
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    It's okay, guys. The Indian armed forces need all the help they can get. They've been through some tough times recently and have realized what they are up against.

    Pakistan will remind them again at the world cup and I really hope Sarfaraz or Akmal or someone dedicates the victory to the people of Kashmir.

    Phir inki bohat jaley gi.
    Yes buddy. Just like how they've been reminding us for the past two and a half decades at the world cup.

  15. #415
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    Yes buddy. Just like how they've been reminding us for the past two and a half decades at the world cup.
    History is history. However, all the momentum seems to be green at the moment. Although the fact that India is a stronger team on paper will make their eventual defeat that much better.

  16. #416
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,695
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So let me get this right!

    11 Indian players wearing army caps lost a match in which a Pakistani batsman score a hundred and received Man of the Match.

    You just can’t make this stuff up.

    If you are going to wear army caps at least try to win! Shameful really!

  17. #417
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    761
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    History is history. However, all the momentum seems to be green at the moment. Although the fact that India is a stronger team on paper will make their eventual defeat that much better.
    There were numerous claims like these before the Asia cup from your country men. And they've learnt the lesson the hard way.
    I mean "eventual"?? Really??

  18. #418
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    761
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegitto1 View Post
    So let me get this right!

    11 Indian players wearing army caps lost a match in which a Pakistani batsman score a hundred and received Man of the Match.

    You just can’t make this stuff up.

    If you are going to wear army caps at least try to win! Shameful really!
    But the Pakistani batsmen who "actually" play for Pakistan have surrendered in the Asia cup. So, no worries.

  19. #419
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,618
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    History is history. However, all the momentum seems to be green at the moment. Although the fact that India is a stronger team on paper will make their eventual defeat that much better.
    Where is this "green" momentum coming from? They got thrashed in NZ, SA, and the Asia cup. Wheras India won in NZ, SA, Australia, and the Asia cup.

  20. #420
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,695
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    But the Pakistani batsmen who "actually" play for Pakistan have surrendered in the Asia cup. So, no worries.
    Well in that case, we hammered you in the ICC Championship final. But that’s besides the point.

    Winning and losing is part of this beautiful game. However if you are going to wear army caps to pay tribute to your army then at least make sure you win!

    At the very least, make sure that the reason for your loss is not the only Pakistani born player in the Australian team!

    This was an ordinary match made special with extra significance when team India chose to wear the army caps.

    To go on to lose is hilarious 😂

  21. #421
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    1,353
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegitto1 View Post
    So let me get this right!

    11 Indian players wearing army caps lost a match in which a Pakistani batsman score a hundred and received Man of the Match.

    You just can’t make this stuff up.

    If you are going to wear army caps at least try to win! Shameful really!
    Usman is pakistani? That's news to me.

  22. #422
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,741
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Pakistan wants ICC action against India for wearing army caps

    Pakistan has called on the International Cricket Council (ICC) to act against the Indian cricket team for wearing military caps during its match against Australia, accusing the Indian side of "politicising" the sport.

    Indian cricketers wore army camouflage-style caps during the home side's loss on Friday to Australia in the third One-Day International (ODI) of their five-match series in the eastern Indian city of Ranchi.

    The Indian cricket board, BCCI, had announced that the team would be sporting the headgear instead of their usual blue caps in solidarity with Indian paramilitary police killed in a suicide attack by a Pakistan-based rebel group in the disputed Kashmir region last month.

    "The world saw that the Indian cricket team wore military caps instead of their own, did ICC not see this?" Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi asked on Saturday.

    "We think that it is the ICC's responsibility to take notice of this without the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) bringing it up," he was quoted as saying by local media.

    The idea to sport the olive-and-black caps bearing the BCCI's logo came from former Indian cricket captain and current player Mahendra Singh Dhoni, one of the game's biggest stars and an honorary lieutenant colonel with the Indian army.

    "It's a special cap," Indian captain Virat Kohli said before the start of the game. "This is to pay respect to the martyrs ... and their families."

    He said all the players would be donating their fees from the match to a national defence fund to help the families of defence personnel who die in the line of duty. Kohli also urged all Indians to contribute to the fund.

    "No team in the history of modern cricket has worn military camouflage caps or symbols during an international match to make a statement," wrote Indian journalist Binoo John.

    Calls for isolation

    Patriotic fervour has been running high in India amid tensions with neighbouring Pakistan after the suicide attack on February 14, which killed at least 40 paramilitary troops in Indian-administered Kashmir.

    The bombing prompted India to launch an air raid inside Pakistan, which responded with an aerial attack the next day, setting off the current standoff between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.

    Politics and differences over Muslim-majority Kashmir, which India and Pakistan rule in part but claim in full as their own, have already curtailed the two countries' sporting ties.

    Condemning the Indian cricket team's nationalistic gesture on the field, Pakistan's information minister said he hoped the sport's world governing body takes action against the "politicisation" of the "gentleman's game".

    "If the Indian cricket team will not be stopped, Pakistan's cricket team should wear black bands to remind the world about Indian atrocities in Kashmir," Fawad Chaudhry wrote on Twitter, urging the PCB to a lodge formal protest.

    Making overt political statements on the playing field is often subject to sanctions and penalties.

    The BCCI has in recent days tried unsuccessfully to isolate Pakistan in the cricketing world.

    The ICC rejected India's calls to boycott games against Pakistan, whose prime minister is former cricketing hero, Imran Khan.

    Pakistan and India are scheduled to play at the cricket World Cup in June in England, but there are growing calls within India to pull out of the match.

    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...110549064.html
    Last edited by MenInG; 9th March 2019 at 20:20.

  23. #423
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    1,442
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan showing its big heart.

  24. #424
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,536
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickCrick View Post
    They wore army caps,
    Walked out like their army,
    Attacked like their army,
    Fought like their army
    And in the end...
    Lost like their army!
    hahaha best quote


    "i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

  25. #425
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amusing to see so much rona-dhona over wearing caps to support families of victims. Indians are ecstatic to see Pakistanis whine like babies over this.

    Indians didn’t care when Pakistani team went to that army boot camp, did push-ups & salute on the ground and thanked army for their win. Hypocrisy much?

  26. #426
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,635
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nov15 View Post
    Amusing to see so much rona-dhona over wearing caps to support families of victims. Indians are ecstatic to see Pakistanis whine like babies over this.

    Indians didn’t care when Pakistani team went to that army boot camp, did push-ups & salute on the ground and thanked army for their win. Hypocrisy much?
    Maybe they dressed up as cricketers in a cricket match. Maybe. And not like toy soldiers.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  27. #427
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Maybe they dressed up as cricketers in a cricket match. Maybe. And not like toy soldiers.
    India gets to choose what they wear. This was for a fund raising for Pulwama victims’ families. No one even mentioned Pakistan.

    Pakistanis take up trivial & irrelevant issues like this just to prove they have a veto power over India’s actions & end up embarrassing themselves when matter goes for adjudication /arbitration.

  28. #428
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis have so many issues with a "khassi" (neutered) BCCI run by Supreme Court appointed CoA. Just wondering what'll happen when the corrupt politicians & crony capitalists return at the helm in BCCI. Those ruthless-shameless bunch are only bothered about Indian domination & don't care for international rules & optics.

  29. #429
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,883
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nov15 View Post
    Pakistanis have so many issues with a "khassi" (neutered) BCCI run by Supreme Court appointed CoA. Just wondering what'll happen when the corrupt politicians & crony capitalists return at the helm in BCCI. Those ruthless-shameless bunch are only bothered about Indian domination & don't care for international rules & optics.
    Lmao what else they can threaten us with? You have banned our players from your league. You do not play cricket series that you agree to play as per mou. BCCI has done everything in the box to hurt Pakistan cricket and yet Pakistan have demolished their team in champions trophy final. Quite a heroic story for us. So much hate is not good brother especially when we are talking about a sport.

  30. #430
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    6,097
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nov15 View Post
    Amusing to see so much rona-dhona over wearing caps to support families of victims. Indians are ecstatic to see Pakistanis whine like babies over this.
    a few people crying, most people loving the irony of india losing to a mom performance form a pakistani born qualified pilot.

  31. #431
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    11,429
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Two key differences that we cannot ignore:

    (1) Moeen was expressing his support for the people of Palestine out of his own will. Since he was the only English player to do so, it was clear that the ECB did not endorse or promote it.

    Here, all the Indian players are wearing these caps. Hence, it is a BCCI decision - the Indian players were not acting out of their own accord.

    (2) Moeen was supporting a religious cause. He is not Palestinian and does not have Palestinian lineage. His only connection with the people of Palestine is Islam. Here, the Indian players are supporting their country. It hardly different to the Remembrance poppy that no seems to have a problem with.

    It is futile to juxtapose the two gestures. The Indian players have done nothing wrong and I don't see why we should have a problem with it.
    Religious cause? Palestine is not a religious cause, its an apartheid of the people who belong there who have lost their identity, their home and their social status to people who have taken over what was rightfully theres. Its anything but a religious cause. Children that are being murdered in Gaza, people don't support them out of any religious reason, but because the heinous crimes committed there have no voice and no represenation.

  32. #432
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    11,429
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    Keyword is 'it is being dedicated to the martyrs of Pulwama' - which they inevitably blame Pakistan for.... there lies the politics

  33. #433
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,096
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    You may as well go talk to a brick wall as it seems the extreme right wing jingoism that's swept across India has inflicted the sensible ones as well.
    Two nuclear powers are going at it and world is trying to calm them down and then you decide that the national team of one of these nations wears army caps while playing. If this is not promoting war and escalation then what is?

  34. #434
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    a few people crying, most people loving the irony of india losing to a mom performance form a pakistani born qualified pilot.
    The "few people" crying includes Foreign Minister SM Qureshi & Information Minister Fawad Chaudhary. Shows their priorities!

    Imagine how stupid Indians would appear if they protested Pakistani team wearing camo caps in support of Pak army after a TTP terrorist had killed tens of Pakistani soldiers.

  35. #435
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    6,097
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nov15 View Post
    The "few people" crying includes Foreign Minister SM Qureshi & Information Minister Fawad Chaudhary. Shows their priorities!

    Imagine how stupid Indians would appear if they protested Pakistani team wearing camo caps in support of Pak army after a TTP terrorist had killed tens of Pakistani soldiers.
    they pbly didnt realise how the game ended up, otherwise im sure they would have enjoyed it too. talk is cheap regardless, its not like they've made it a point to do anything about it.

    lol, and as far as looking stupid goes, indians were trying to get pak thrown out of the world cup a few weeks ago. dont try to play holier than thou, indian politicians are way more petty when it comes to this kinda stuff, and would have made far more noise if pak had tried something like this.

  36. #436
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,635
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The way to do this would have been to sing your national anthem and have some pictorial tribute to soldiers and families, at start of the game etc

    Much more effective way.

    Wearing caps etc makes it look as if Indian players are soldiers for the nation which clearly they arent!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  37. #437
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    1,781
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What're they doing next?

  38. #438
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,634
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the Pakistani team starts wearing black armbands as a protest against the atrocities in Kashmir; what will be the Indian response?
    You can it's an internal issue but nobody should stop anybody showing solidarity with their Muslim brothers

  39. #439
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,618
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ischemia View Post
    What if the Pakistani team starts wearing black armbands as a protest against the atrocities in Kashmir; what will be the Indian response?
    You can it's an internal issue but nobody should stop anybody showing solidarity with their Muslim brothers
    From the ICC: “The ICC equipment and clothing regulations do not permit the display of messages that relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes during an international match. Moeen Ali was told by the match referee that while he is free to express his views on such causes away from the cricket field, he is not permitted to wear the wristbands on the field of play and warned not to wear the bands again during an international match.”

    Supporting your country's forces or mourning a death of some player is fine. Wearing arm bands for religious causes would not be banned.

    And the sooner Pakistan start minding their own business, the better it will be for them. They just lost the suit against the BCCI and had to pay out $1.5 million.

  40. #440
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,635
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    From the ICC: “The ICC equipment and clothing regulations do not permit the display of messages that relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes during an international match. Moeen Ali was told by the match referee that while he is free to express his views on such causes away from the cricket field, he is not permitted to wear the wristbands on the field of play and warned not to wear the bands again during an international match.”

    Supporting your country's forces or mourning a death of some player is fine. Wearing arm bands for religious causes would not be banned.

    And the sooner Pakistan start minding their own business, the better it will be for them. They just lost the suit against the BCCI and had to pay out $1.5 million.
    The sooner India start realizing that they dont rule the world the better.

    Flaunting the whole idea of sport and mixing it with political messages is abhorrent and should not be done - Cricket will become a mess.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter


  41. #441
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,877
    Mentioned
    1537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    The sooner India start realizing that they dont rule the world the better.

    Flaunting the whole idea of sport and mixing it with political messages is abhorrent and should not be done - Cricket will become a mess.
    Bcci had informed the ICC and had taken permission.

    https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=i&so...52283942537843

    Lets be honest here, irrespective of what pakistanis think, the world considers the pulwama attack as a terrorist attack. And no one is going to stop players if they want to show solidarity to the victims of a terror attack on field.

  42. #442
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,618
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    From the ICC: “The ICC equipment and clothing regulations do not permit the display of messages that relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes during an international match. Moeen Ali was told by the match referee that while he is free to express his views on such causes away from the cricket field, he is not permitted to wear the wristbands on the field of play and warned not to wear the bands again during an international match.”

    Supporting your country's forces or mourning a death of some player is fine. Wearing arm bands for religious causes would not be banned.

    And the sooner Pakistan start minding their own business, the better it will be for them. They just lost the suit against the BCCI and had to pay out $1.5 million.
    Meant to say that it would not be allowed.

  43. #443
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    8,294
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India had taken permission from ICC to wear camouflage caps

    Link: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68340627.cms


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  44. #444
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,635
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    MUMBAI: Even as protests grew in Pakistan over the Indian cricket team's gesture to wear camouflage caps during the third ODI between India and Australia at Ranchi on Friday, the ICC clarified to TOI that the BCCI had sought permission from it to do so.

    As a mark of respect to the 44 CRPF jawans who lost their lives in the Pulawama terror attack, the Indian cricketers, besides sporting the camouflage military cap, also donated their match fee for the welfare of the martyrs' families.

    "The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had requested permission from ICC CEO Dave Richardson on Thursday to let the players participate in a charity fund-raising effort and wear army caps with the BCCI crest in memory of the fallen soldiers," a source in the International Cricket Council (ICC) told TOI on Saturday, citing similar gestures by cricketers during the annual 'Pink Test' at Sydney (held to spread awareness about breast cancer for a few years now) and the 'Poppies' in England.

    This isn't the first time that the Indian cricketers have worn something on the cricket field to support a cause.

    During the New Year's Test in Sydney a few months back, when Kohli walked out to bat, his willow had a pink manufacturer's sticker, pink grip and he also wore pink gloves as the Indian captain lent support to the 'Pink Test' in his own way.

    At the fifth and final Test in The Oval last year, both the Indian and English captains, Virat Kohli and Joe Root, wore a 'poppy' made out of khadi to recognise the role of Indian soldiers in the First World War as part of a British armed forces charity's movement.
    Meanwhile, Pakistan has demanded that the ICC take note of the Indian cricketers' gesture at Ranchi, and accused Kohli's team of politicising the game.

    "The world saw that the Indian cricket team wore military caps instead of their own, did ICC not see this? We think that it is the ICC's responsibility to take notice of this without the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) bringing it up," Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi was quoted as saying by the Pakistan media.

    Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry echoed Qureshi's sentiment.

    "It's just not Cricket," Chaudhry tweeted, posting a picture which showed Indian cricketers wearing the cap. "And if the Indian team will not be stopped, Pak cricket team should wear black bands to remind the world about Indian atrocities in Kashmir," Chaudhry wrote.
    The minister urged the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to lodge a formal protest against India. However, even if the PCB lodges a complaint, the ICC, having given India permission, will surely not entertain it.


    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/68340627.cms[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th March 2019 at 11:58.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  45. #445
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,883
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    From the ICC: “The ICC equipment and clothing regulations do not permit the display of messages that relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes during an international match. Moeen Ali was told by the match referee that while he is free to express his views on such causes away from the cricket field, he is not permitted to wear the wristbands on the field of play and warned not to wear the bands again during an international match.”

    Supporting your country's forces or mourning a death of some player is fine. Wearing arm bands for religious causes would not be banned.

    And the sooner Pakistan start minding their own business, the better it will be for them. They just lost the suit against the BCCI and had to pay out $1.5 million.
    What about Pakistan wearing armbands and caps to support Pakistani people died from Indian army's firing at the LOC? That would fit your definition I'm sure and it will also rile you up. As everyone is saying Indian team has opened a pandora box by doing this fruitless exercise.

  46. #446
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,635
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Ball in Pakistan's court now that it seems ICC have agreed to this.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  47. #447
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,663
    Mentioned
    1941 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    That’s fine.

    So long as Pakistan then punishes Azhar Ali, Mohammad Hafeez, Shan Masood, Sarfraz Ahmed, Yasir Shah and Mohammad Amir for the press-up celebration at the end of the 2016 Lords Test, which they dedicated to the Pakistan Army.

    You can’t have it both ways.

  48. #448
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,445
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems they a'int going to their army caps on today... was really looking forward to it become a part of the Indian Team Kit...



  49. #449
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    7,304
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PCB should sought permission from ICC to wear black caps to protest what is going on in Kashmir.


    Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

  50. #450
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    5,168
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    The protocol is to consult the ICC before this occurs, by Dhoni going to the BCCI for permission doesn't mean anything as the board would obviously allow him since they're increasingly jingoistic in their policy dealing and the rules are enforced by the ICC once the players step onto the field.
    They also consulted the ICC, which ICC approved.

  51. #451
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    5,168
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    What about Pakistan wearing armbands and caps to support Pakistani people died from Indian army's firing at the LOC? That would fit your definition I'm sure and it will also rile you up. As everyone is saying Indian team has opened a pandora box by doing this fruitless exercise.
    One of the reasons the Pulwama incident had such an outcry was because it was a terrorist incident. The Indians dedicated the wearing of the caps to the soldiers martyred by a terrorist incident, and not against Pakistan. If BCCI/Indian team had mentioned Pakistan, then it would have been a political statement.

    Pakistan's any such request will not be approved as it would be against the Indian government, thus politicising a cricket match.

    Speaking against terrorism in not political, against another nation is.

  52. #452
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    568
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner Up View Post
    PCB should sought permission from ICC to wear black caps to protest what is going on in Kashmir.
    If only they're willing to donate their match fees to Indian Kashmiris and encourage other Pakistanis to do the same.

  53. #453
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    7,304
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    If only they're willing to donate their match fees to Indian Kashmiris and encourage other Pakistanis to do the same.
    Not a bad idea. Thanks.


    Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

  54. #454
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,883
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    One of the reasons the Pulwama incident had such an outcry was because it was a terrorist incident. The Indians dedicated the wearing of the caps to the soldiers martyred by a terrorist incident, and not against Pakistan. If BCCI/Indian team had mentioned Pakistan, then it would have been a political statement.

    Pakistan's any such request will not be approved as it would be against the Indian government, thus politicising a cricket match.

    Speaking against terrorism in not political, against another nation is.
    Well remembering people that martyred in the LOC firing is not political at all. I am not saying IOK but people on inside our border These are innocent Pakistanis that have been killed. There is nothing political about remembering these people and honoring them. I would also like Pak team dedicates their match fee to their families.
    Last edited by MRSN; 10th March 2019 at 13:18.

  55. #455
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    230
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAmarkFromIndia View Post
    If only they're willing to donate their match fees to Indian Kashmiris and encourage other Pakistanis to do the same.
    Ready to donate but then your media is going to cry saying Pakistani team is funding terrorism

  56. #456
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    5,168
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Well remembering people that martyred in the LOC firing is not political at all. These are innocent Pakistanis that have been killed. There is nothing political about remembering these people and honoring them. I would also like Pak team dedicates their match fee to their families.
    You might have a point. Interested in seeing the result if Pakistan does put this request through. As long as Pakistan and the players do not bring another nation in to their remembrance, press conference, speeches and social media, it should be fine.

  57. #457
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,883
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In fact Pak should do this every time when there is a blast in Pakistan to remind the world about the dirty proxy wars Indian army and RAW is playing in Afghanistan and Iran. India has started this but PCB will definitely take it to a whole new level.

  58. #458
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,740
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While not supporting this mixing of sports and politics that India is hell bent on doing , but is it not a bit over the top for Pakistan’s foreign minister and Information Minister to give out statements on this?
    Unless they have specifically been asked to do this by an ex-cricketer turned PM who himself was a very strong advocate of not mixing sports and politics, although he clearly excelled in both fields in separate phases of his life.

    Anyway rather then copying such gimmicks and jingoism , the best response from the Pakistan cricket team is to go out and show your passion by performing on the field with the same courage, winning mindset, fighting spirit and superior skill set that PAF displayed in action.


    "Lack of Form is Temporary, Lack of Class is Permanent" -- dedicated to The Honorable Professor.

  59. #459
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,883
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    You might have a point. Interested in seeing the result if Pakistan does put this request through. As long as Pakistan and the players do not bring another nation in to their remembrance, press conference, speeches and social media, it should be fine.
    It won't but you get the idea. Pak army can force PCB to do this exercise whenever there is some blasts or people dying at the borders. This has potential to become quite political.

  60. #460
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    5,168
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    It won't but you get the idea. Pak army can force PCB to do this exercise whenever there is some blasts or people dying at the borders. This has potential to become quite political.
    Not really. Again, India simply dedicated the match to the fallen against a terrorist attack, that was condemned by the whole world is different from what you are proposing.

    And one of the reason that Pakistan will not request for it, is that it will get rejected by ICC.

  61. #461
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,883
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    While not supporting this mixing of sports and politics that India is hell bent on doing , but is it not a bit over the top for Pakistan’s foreign minister and Information Minister to give out statements on this?
    Unless they have specifically been asked to do this by an ex-cricketer turned PM who himself was a very strong advocate of not mixing sports and politics, although he clearly excelled in both fields in separate phases of his life.

    Anyway rather then copying such gimmicks and jingoism , the best response from the Pakistan cricket team is to go out and show your passion by performing on the field with the same courage, winning mindset, fighting spirit and superior skill set that PAF displayed in action.
    Imran Khan has some liabilities as minister. He had to fire Chohan this week after his so many blunders in the press. Chowdhary is same but no body is asking him to control what he has to say in the media. This guy reminds me of Talal Chowdhery who made me hate PML N.

    Yeh barkhe marne wale log parties ko harate hain. The sooner PTI and IK get this the better it will be for their next turn.

  62. #462
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    28,883
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Not really. Again, India simply dedicated the match to the fallen against a terrorist attack, that was condemned by the whole world is different from what you are proposing.

    And one of the reason that Pakistan will not request for it, is that it will get rejected by ICC.
    Well they won't mention India when they are requesting the ICC of course and I doubt ICC can reject after the example they have set.

  63. #463
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So BCCI taken pernission from ICC...haha. Another embarrassement for PCB after MOU saga.

  64. #464
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    5,168
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Well they won't mention India when they are requesting the ICC of course and I doubt ICC can reject after the example they have set.
    But they would be doing it in an incident against India. BCCI had played this very cleverly (unlike the Indian govt).

    As you said, they won't do it. Because they know it will not go through.

  65. #465
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Request OP to change the title and kindly put ICC granted permission.

  66. #466
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    3,032
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much ado about nothing.

  67. #467
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    429
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Request OP to change the title and kindly put ICC granted permission.
    Small wins - I’m really happy for you, light at the end of a tunnel.. Congrats!

  68. #468
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    16,382
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    They also consulted the ICC, which ICC approved.
    Yep, which we finally find out about 2 days after the fact.


    Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

  69. #469
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,740
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the ICC official regulations as quoted in their own press release from an earlier incident stated “The ICC equipment and clothing regulations do not permit the display of messages that relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes during an international match.” <— but given this is India the ICC has decided to make an exception and temporarily suspend these regulations for the Indian team it seems , commercial reasons possibly?

    Let’s imagine this scenario the other way around , if Pakistan was playing Aus and demanded permission from ICC to do the same, you would immediately get the BCCI condemning it, ICC refusing it without any second thought and quoting every regulation at their disposal and for taking a principled ‘stand’ I’m sure even the Australian and English boards would chip in with their opposition.


    "Lack of Form is Temporary, Lack of Class is Permanent" -- dedicated to The Honorable Professor.

  70. #470
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    106,635
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    So BCCI taken pernission from ICC...haha. Another embarrassement for PCB after MOU saga.
    Erm

    Sources say, where is the ICC official statement?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  71. #471
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickCrick View Post
    Small wins - I’m really happy for you, light at the end of a tunnel.. Congrats!
    What win? Its was a non issue actually until I saw this thread. There was no discussion about it in any other forum, cricket sites etc.(Social media trolling aside). Many knowledgable Pak posters in this thread also accepted its a non issue.

    Surprised that Pak foreign minister decided to take up this trival issue. What is next, Pak PM calling a cabinet for it? No Indian/BCCI/Players have even discussed about it....they donated a match fees and pays homage to Pulwama victims. It ended then and their in Ranchi but Pakistanis somehow seems to be not able to forget it.

    So no wins for us...we are just having a laugh at your expense.

  72. #472
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,414
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Camouflage military caps: Pakistan demands ICC action against India

    Pakistan has asked the ICC to take note of the Indian cricketers wearing camouflage military caps during the third ODI against Australia, accusing Virat Kohli’s team of “politicising” the game.

    Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said the ICC must do something about it. “The world saw that the Indian cricket team wore military caps instead of their own, did ICC not see this? We think that it is the ICC’s responsibility to take notice of this.”

    Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry echoed Qureshi’s sentiment.

    “It’s just not Cricket,” Chaudhry tweeted in the evening, attaching a picture which showed Indian cricketers wearing the cap.

    “And if the Indian team will not be stopped, Pak cricket team should wear black bands to remind The World about Indian atrocities in Kashmir,” Chaudhry wrote.

    The minister urged the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to lodge a formal protest against India with the sport’s world governing body.

    PCB chairman Ehsan Mani later said that the governing body is in touch with the ICC over the issue.

    “We are talking to the ICC about it and I will not say anything more about it,” Mani said on Saturday.

    https://www.thehindu.com/sport/crick...le26483337.ece

  73. #473
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    Pakistan has asked the ICC to take note of the Indian cricketers wearing camouflage military caps during the third ODI against Australia, accusing Virat Kohli’s team of “politicising” the game.

    Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said the ICC must do something about it. “The world saw that the Indian cricket team wore military caps instead of their own, did ICC not see this? We think that it is the ICC’s responsibility to take notice of this.”

    Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry echoed Qureshi’s sentiment.

    “It’s just not Cricket,” Chaudhry tweeted in the evening, attaching a picture which showed Indian cricketers wearing the cap.

    “And if the Indian team will not be stopped, Pak cricket team should wear black bands to remind The World about Indian atrocities in Kashmir,” Chaudhry wrote.

    The minister urged the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to lodge a formal protest against India with the sport’s world governing body.

    PCB chairman Ehsan Mani later said that the governing body is in touch with the ICC over the issue.

    “We are talking to the ICC about it and I will not say anything more about it,” Mani said on Saturday.

    https://www.thehindu.com/sport/crick...le26483337.ece

    Geez! This makes us looks so immature! Wrong or right, why do we care? Their team, their army! Why are we getting so defensive about it?

    Why are we asking the ICC to step in? This is so dumb.

  74. #474
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI: Ban Pakistan from cricket

    Every sensible person: This is the dumbest thing ever. Nobody can beat this!

    PCB: Hold my beer! THOSE CAPS...

  75. #475
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,741
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


  76. #476
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,695
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So - After donning those caps, India is yet to win a match! some tribute to your armed forces lol!


    Whenever Nawaz wins, he divides PMLN equally. He keeps PM for himself and gives L N to the people.

  77. #477
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    885
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Let’s imagine this scenario the other way around , if Pakistan was playing Aus and demanded permission from ICC to do the same, you would immediately get the BCCI condemning it, ICC refusing it without any second thought and quoting every regulation at their disposal and for taking a principled ‘stand’ I’m sure even the Australian and English boards would chip in with their opposition.
    Agreed, this ICC is as bias as UNO and as spineless as UNO.

  78. #478
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,740
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaid_ahmed View Post
    Agreed, this ICC is as bias as UNO and as spineless as UNO.
    Well this is it, ICC might as well officially give the BCCI executive powers to undo or overrule any cricketing law or ICC regulation to suit their interests.
    Last edited by Majid Khan; 15th March 2019 at 18:00.


    "Lack of Form is Temporary, Lack of Class is Permanent" -- dedicated to The Honorable Professor.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •