Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing is for sure, had Pakistan done this wearing army caps in an international game, India and and Indians would be the first to make a huge outcry and ban on Pakistan for this.

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How about wearing only chaddi banyan in a match to show solidarity with the people living below the poverty line?
    Though I believe there is nothing wrong with wearing army caps during a match.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadozai View Post
    How about wearing only chaddi banyan in a match to show solidarity with the people living below the poverty line?
    Though I believe there is nothing wrong with wearing army caps during a match.
    Cant even begin to picture the team in chaddi banyan

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We need to stop ourselves with all this victim mentality and getting offended with everything BCCI does. If 40 of our soldiers died and Pakistan team was to adopt similar military style caps, there would be no complaints.

Cricket should be free from Politics and Religion but it's the latter that PCB have failed to curb.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    It is political because nationalism is a political ideology.
    So why have national flags and anthems? Nation states is the basis of todays world.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Who deems it? Whats the political cause? Indians supporting Indian Army is not a political cause.
    I know right. I think BCCI should have gone full camo. This cap thing kind of feels half assed. Maybe next time they should use rifles for batting and gernades for bowling.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    40 Indian soldiers were killed in and Indian team is honoring them. What's wrong with that?

Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes, massive cringe here from the Indian team. Took an L losing the T20 series now this is another embarrasing L.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    40 Indian soldiers were killed in and Indian team is honoring them. What's wrong with that?
    I assume the part people take issue with isn't with honouring the dead, but directly raising money for the militairy.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    I assume the part people take issue with isn't with honouring the dead, but directly raising money for the militairy.
    That money is for families of solders killed. Have some empathy. And every tax paying Indian already pays for army.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issue at all just wander what took so long as the attack was the 14th Feb sure they could have 11 caps

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    They can do so. Bcci can give the entire gate fees to military. There is no law that forbids it.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not seen anything more pathetic in my life.

This jingoism must stop.

Imagine India and Pakistan squaring off against each other in England WC in full military fatigues, thumping their chests - because their boards 'allowed' it. What a sorry spectacle will that be?

Find another *#*&^ platform to pollute, not our beloved sport.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    I have not seen anything more pathetic in my life.

This jingoism must stop.

Imagine India and Pakistan squaring off against each other in England WC in full military fatigues, thumping their chests - because their boards 'allowed' it. What a sorry spectacle will that be?

Find another *#*&^ platform to pollute, not our beloved sport.
    Did you say the samething when your players did the salutes and push ups?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_ View Post
    Errr...How is supporting one's army so offensive to you. You need to drink a glass of water before you pass out with aggression.
    im cool...but supporting your army while it nearly started a nuclear war and we all know what the jingoism means on a cricket field is pathetic. lets see if Dhoni does it in the pakistan vs India match..Phir dekhain gay..Its blatant jingoism..should have no part on the field..

I wonder How people would have felt if the england cricket team wore army caps during the invasion of Iraq..

And hopefully now our neighbours will shut up about how we see our army...

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that the Indian team are wearing the caps a tribue to the victims of the Pulwama attacks. I see nothing wrong with that.

If Kohli and co had come out and said they were wearing it to support the Indian military since they were on the brink of war - that would be a different story.

I see nothing different here from Pakistan team paying tribute to the victim of the Army school shootings or paying tribute to the Pakistani army by doing push ups in the middle of Lords.

As for the Moeen issue - personally the Palestine issue is something I feel really strongly about and love to see people using their fame to raise awareness regarding this matter. However, unfortunately, it's really no surprise that ECB doesn't want their employees preaching a pro-Palestine/anti-Israel message since people are very quick to label your employees - and consequently your organisation - as anti-scemetic. Unfortunate truth of the world we live in.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    that was done in relatively good humour and even then some people found it not to their liking..that was also unrelated to any army operation etc and had a direct link to taking the mickey out of Pakistans fitness levels..

this is pure jingoism..and should not be allowed on a cricket field..its a disgrace..what next..Kohli's bat being sponsored by the IAF? Dhoni getting a vir chakra for hitting shaheen for a six??

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1546 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile, Usman Khawaja has his maiden ODI hundred.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I did not.

I do remember them paying tribute to their instructors and not the entire army (which has just come out of a war with another associate nation.)

In retrospect though, I should have said something. Not right to bring army into sport.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    My understanding is that the Indian team are wearing the caps a tribue to the victims of the Pulwama attacks. I see nothing wrong with that.

If Kohli and co had come out and said they were wearing it to support the Indian military since they were on the brink of war - that would be a different story.

I see nothing different here from Pakistan team paying tribute to the victim of the Army school shootings or paying tribute to the Pakistani army by doing push ups in the middle of Lords.

As for the Moeen issue - personally the Palestine issue is something I feel really strongly about and love to see people using their fame to raise awareness regarding this matter. However, unfortunately, it's really no surprise that ECB doesn't want their employees preaching a pro-Palestine/anti-Israel message since people are very quick to label your employees - and consequently your organisation - as anti-scemetic. Unfortunate truth of the world we live in.
    then teh indians should have no objection to pakistani players wearing the images of pellet gun victims on tshirst under neath their shirts perhaps? or may free kashmir wrist bands or caps?? or perhaps pictures of abhinandans bill at the mess...or better yet every time they get an indian wicket they can simulate the shooting down of their planes..

where does this pathetic childish nonsense stop??

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Meanwhile, Usman Khawaja has his maiden ODI hundred.
    The irony there.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Scratch that, Dhoni is wearing one now.

Btw, isn't this a political stance? If it is then surely they'll get fined?
    There is nothing political about supporting your country's armed forces.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post

Nothing wrong with it.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    There is nothing political about supporting your country's armed forces.
    There was also nothing in supporting a Palestinian wristband, but then getting punished for it.

The ICC rules prohibit such things for a reason, no matter what excuse you come out with.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    then teh indians should have no objection to pakistani players wearing the images of pellet gun victims on tshirst under neath their shirts perhaps? or may free kashmir wrist bands or caps?? or perhaps pictures of abhinandans bill at the mess...or better yet every time they get an indian wicket they can simulate the shooting down of their planes..

where does this pathetic childish nonsense stop??
    Majority of what you are suggesting is a direct attack on the Indian army or their political policy.

On the other hand the Pulwama attack is not Pakistani policy and was not carried out by the Pakistani army.

The Indian cricket team is speaking out against terrorism which no-one can argue with. No one can justify the Palwama attack.

What you are talking about is speaking out against the Indian army and the Indian government policy.

This is where the Palestine matter falls into a grey area with different people viewing the middle East crises in a very different way.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    We already have a defined set of parameters, from which the sport is played. I'm not saying that nationalism per se is wrong, but it is a political ideology and currently there seem to be ICC rules against such use of caps and wristbands. If there's any further legislation approved by the ICC which makes wearing army caps appropriate to commemorate military losses than it'll be within the rules, until than I don't think it is.
    BCCI is doing this within the defined set of parameters.

BCCI is allowed to provide any clothing to its team. And they have provided their players with an army cap.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    that was done in relatively good humour and even then some people found it not to their liking..that was also unrelated to any army operation etc and had a direct link to taking the mickey out of Pakistans fitness levels..

this is pure jingoism..and should not be allowed on a cricket field..its a disgrace..what next..Kohli's bat being sponsored by the IAF? Dhoni getting a vir chakra for hitting shaheen for a six??
    You are not the judge of whats jingoism and whats not. Pakistanis are free to support their army, Indians are free to support theirs.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    im cool...but supporting your army while it nearly started a nuclear war and we all know what the jingoism means on a cricket field is pathetic. lets see if Dhoni does it in the pakistan vs India match..Phir dekhain gay..Its blatant jingoism..should have no part on the field..

I wonder How people would have felt if the england cricket team wore army caps during the invasion of Iraq..

And hopefully now our neighbours will shut up about how we see our army...
    Indians can support their army irrespective of a nuclear war.

Kya dekhogey? When will you guys understand, that Bcci or Indian players wont take permission from Pakistan for supporting their army.

If ECB had decided to hand out army caps to its players during Iraq war, it would be their decision, not for others to interfere.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its sad really. How India has gone talking of kicking pakistan out of the world cup, to talking of boycotting the pakistan game from the worldcup to this.
    Wearing a cap is all that india can do. nothing more.

What Pakistan can do is wear black armbands decrying india's state terror on kashmiris, during the india pakistan game at the world cup.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5996 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    Lol Palestine is not a religious cause. Shows your lack of knowledge on the subject. Stick to getting sadistic pleasure each time Pakistan loses
    It is a religious cause. No point in kidding yourself.

Calling it a "humanitarian" cause means nothing. If that is so, why doesn't Moeen or other Muslims show solidarity for the oppression against non-Muslims?

This bogus humanitarian card means nothing. Unfortunately for most people, humanity starts and ends based on their religious orientation, and that is why most Muslims do not give two hoots about non-Muslim oppression, and most non-Muslims do not give two hoots about Muslim oppression.

There are very, very few genuine humanitarians in this world who do not exhibit any bias and are completely impartial in terms of showing their solidarity.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis hate Indian Armed forces, so the support for them by Indian players have provoked this response.

They must understand that their hatred for Indian army doesnot mean Indians will not support the Indian army.

Irrespective of religion or region or political ideology, Indian armed forces enjoy support amongst the overwhelming majority of the population of the country.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    its sad really. How India has gone talking of kicking pakistan out of the world cup, to talking of boycotting the pakistan game from the worldcup to this.
    Wearing a cap is all that india can do. nothing more.

What Pakistan can do is wear black armbands decrying india's state terror on kashmiris, during the india pakistan game at the world cup.
    Lol actually Pakistan cannot do that.

Read the post of @TalhaSyed above.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5996 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    Ok hang on there before you diverge from the topic. We did tour India out of sheer goodwill in 99 only to have them not reciprocate that goodwill and snub us. One can safely assume had we shown goodwill earlier, the same would have happened.

Security is everyones right, and it doesnít matter if someone complains about it. The teams are rightfully not sent unless comprehensive security plans are drawn up and shared.

Now coming back to on the field display of politics, as i said, that has not happened with Pakistan before. We have had our issues but we still take sport as it should be taken or atleast we have matured quicker than others.
    Yes after snubbing them 4-5 times, Pakistan did a big "ahsaan" on India by finally deciding to tour in 1998/1999. You are righting in pointing out that India did immediately reciprocate us, however, can you really blame them when we turned them down multiple times?

Besides, 99 was the year where the tensions were at their peak because of Kargil. The Indian team however, did tour in 2003-2004 in spite of the looming threat of war in 2001-2002.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you actually clarify how many soldiers actually died?
    It varies from 40 to 48 from various Indian outlets.
    Surely every life is important, so why can't your information services give the official figure for the number of dead?
    Not too difficult is it?

Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next, indian fans will start waving an israeli flags at cricket matches, mark my words, it will happen.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yes after snubbing them 4-5 times, Pakistan did a big "ahsaan" on India by finally deciding to tour in 1998/1999. You are righting in pointing out that India did immediately reciprocate us, however, can you really blame them when we turned them down multiple times?

Besides, 99 was the year where the tensions were at their peak because of Kargil. The Indian team however, did tour in 2003-2004 in spite of the looming threat of war in 2001-2002.
    Just to point out, It was India who visited Pakistan for 3 ODIs in 1997.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman View Post
    Next, indian fans will start waving an israeli flags at cricket matches, mark my words, it will happen.
    Is it illegal to wave Israeli flags?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5996 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Just to point out, It was India who visited Pakistan for 3 ODIs in 1997.
    That was after Pakistan participated in the Independence Cup in India earlier that year.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling it a "humanitarian" cause means nothing. If that is so, why doesn't Moeen or other Muslims show solidarity for the oppression against non-Muslims?

This bogus humanitarian card means nothing. Unfortunately for most people, humanity starts and ends based on their religious orientation, and that is why most Muslims do not give two hoots about non-Muslim oppression, and most non-Muslims do not give two hoots about Muslim oppression.

There are very, very few genuine humanitarians in this world who do not exhibit any bias and are completely impartial in terms of showing their solidarity.
    Can you point a non-muslim humaintarian cause of this magnitude currently anywhere in the world? The three major humanitarian causes currently are Yemen, Palestine and Kashmir (all muslims). As a muslim, it is our duty to side with the oppressed regardless of the religion or race or nationality. I am pretty sure guys like Amla, Moeen etc are going to be supportive if there was any other issue of this magnitude.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis hate Indian Armed forces, so the support for them by Indian players have provoked this response.

They must understand that their hatred for Indian army doesnot mean Indians will not support the Indian army.

Irrespective of religion or region or political ideology, Indian armed forces enjoy support amongst the overwhelming majority of the population of the country.
    You have it wrong there. Why would we hate the army? We rather hate the war mongering machinery that you guys have got turned on for weeks now.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    That was after Pakistan participated in the Independence Cup in India earlier that year.
    Thats was to return the 1989 india tour after which Pakistan had refused to come to India.

So the 1999 test tour was not out of sheer goodwill as someone pointed out.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    Surely every life is important, so why can't your information services give the official figure for the number of dead?
    Not too difficult is it?
    Sorry. I can't clarify.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You have it wrong there. Why would we hate the army? We rather hate the war mongering machinery that you guys have got turned on for weeks now.
    Who turned on the machinery?

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    This hate inspired stunt is equivalent to a German American Football team wearing Nazi SS Helmets.

Pakistan Cricket: Exciting, Entertaining, Unpredictable, Dangerous and Unique.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats was to return the 1989 india tour after which Pakistan had refused to come to India.

So the 1999 test tour was not out of sheer goodwill as someone pointed out.

It was sheer goodwill however you put it. Pakistan still had the power and could have snubbed india again had we wanted to. It doesnít change however you put it. And however you would like to put it, Pakistan toured India the very first time so all Indian visits were to repay thay debt.

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it illegal to wave Israeli flags?
    Did i say it was? what was your point? my point is clear, Indian fans and it's public are currently mentally meek enough to try whatever it takes bring prove a point about something they are 100% sure about themselves.

It's actually funny to watch the antics, will leave it at that, as does the rest of the cricketing world.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5996 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Can you point a non-muslim humaintarian cause of this magnitude currently anywhere in the world? The three major humanitarian causes currently are Yemen, Palestine and Kashmir (all muslims). As a muslim, it is our duty to side with the oppressed regardless of the religion or race or nationality. I am pretty sure guys like Amla, Moeen etc are going to be supportive if there was any other issue of this magnitude.
    Define magnitude. How many people have to die and be oppressed for it to qualify as a "major humanitarian cause"? Are there any official rules and guidelines that you can educate me with?

Or is it based on the length of the conflict. Again, what are we looking at here - 3 months, 6 months, 5 years, 10 years or a perpetual conflict?

In late 2013, a church was attacked in Peshawar and over 120 christians were martyred. Few months later, the great humanitarian Moeen was seen on a cricket field wearing a "Save Gaza" bracelet. How many christians had to die on that day in order to convince Moeen to wear a "Save Pakistani Christians" bracelet as well?

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who turned on the machinery?
    Your glorious leader to fuel his vote refining process, which batch did it churn you out from ?

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
    Not too difficult is it?
    Whats that got to do with the price of potatoes?

Is the argument here that since the worst media in the world cannot agree on how many people were killed, the incident is not important? Or is this the start of a "it didn't actually happen" conspiracy theory?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your glorious leader to fuel his vote refining process, which batch did it churn you out from ?
    So it was an inside job?

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol actually Pakistan cannot do that.

Read the post of @TalhaSyed above.
    OH but we can. TalhaSyed is wrong.

There is a precident. Andy Flower and Henry Olonga wore black armbands to mourn the death of democracy in Zimbabwe in 2003 Worldcup
    In a similar way, Pakistan can mourn the death of democracy in Kashmir, as they never received the democratic right to the referundum that was promised.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It was sheer goodwill however you put it. Pakistan still had the power and could have snubbed india again had we wanted to. It doesnít change however you put it. And however you would like to put it, Pakistan toured India the very first time so all Indian visits were to repay thay debt.
    The power structure within cricket had changed post 1992. 1st England and Australia lost Veto. Then a Indian company sponsored the WC for the 2nd time in 9 years. Dalmiya became ICC president. All this happened before 1999.

India was already starting to become the financial powerhouse of the cricketing world.

PCB realised it. Unlike the ones who run PCB now, Pcb had better administrators then.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Possibly.

Here are Celtic football fans from Scotland waving the Palestine flags in a game that had nothing really to do with Israel or Palestine. They did that since they have a long history of showing solidarity to the Palestinians and even went on to raise £100k for a Palestinian charity after this:

If some Indian fans feel that what the Israel gov is doing is right and they want to show their support for that then that is their choice.

On the other hand if they want to wave the Israel flag at a game when they are playing against Muslims, simply because the Palestine matter is important to Muslims and they want to show aggression towards Muslims.......well look who's running their country. It's hardly surprising.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

There is a precident. Andy Flower and Henry Olonga wore black armbands to mourn the death of democracy in Zimbabwe in 2003 Worldcup
    In a similar way, Pakistan can mourn the death of democracy in Kashmir, as they never received the democratic right to the referundum that was promised.
    Andy Flower and Olonga were zimbabweans and they never played again i think.

You cannot use ICC games to attack another country.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Define magnitude. How many people have to die and be oppressed for it to qualify as a "major humanitarian cause"? Are there any official rules and guidelines that you can educate me with?

Or is it based on the length of the conflict. Again, what are we looking at here - 3 months, 6 months, 5 years, 10 years or a perpetual conflict?

In late 2013, a church was attacked in Peshawar and over 120 christians were martyred. Few months later, the great humanitarian Moeen was seen on a cricket field wearing a "Save Gaza" bracelet. How many christians had to die on that day in order to convince Moeen to wear a "Save Pakistani Christians" bracelet as well?
    Comeon man you are being unreasonable here and you know it. Every human life lost is important and should be condemned but you are comparing events of different magnitude here. These are generations of humans being wiped out and subjected to the worse living conditions. By your logic, moeen should wear an arm band for every sunni muslim killed in the whole world because he has got a religious connection with them. What reasoning is this?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Did i say it was? what was your point? my point is clear, Indian fans and it's public are currently mentally meek enough to try whatever it takes bring prove a point about something they are 100% sure about themselves.

It's actually funny to watch the antics, will leave it at that, as does the rest of the cricketing world.
    Dont know about anything else, but this act of the Indian team has surely burned people on this forum.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haenry Olonga was charged with treason and had to go into hiding after that. Andy announced his retirement before that particular match.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The power structure within cricket had changed post 1992. 1st England and Australia lost Veto. Then a Indian company sponsored the WC for the 2nd time in 9 years. Dalmiya became ICC president. All this happened before 1999.

India was already starting to become the financial powerhouse of the cricketing world.

PCB realised it. Unlike the ones who run PCB now, Pcb had better administrators then.
    Ah i see the logic. Anyone who bows down to Indian power is a ďbetterĒ person/admin. Not surprised at this at all.

But if you remember at that time, no one would be farsighted enough to understand that India would have this much power over icc. And i do remember the sentiments back then, we were always doing it for the sake of friendship. I recall the positive statements made from our camp when shiv sena dug up the 2nd test match pitch and left snakes in the stadium. Any other team would have left but we had the love of the game and the willingness to fufil our responsibilities

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1st of all - the irony of someone with your username, preaching what public activities are socially acceptable and which aren't is hard to miss.

Secondly - what was the outcome of Andy Flower and Henry Olanga wearing the black arm bands? Olonga hasn't returned to Zimbabwe since that day.

I don't understand how people are confused by this. It is pretty simple:

Cricketers can not make political statements on the cricket field

Here is an idiots guide to what is acceptable, what isn't acceptable and what is a possible grey area:

Acceptable: Wearing an item of clothing as a tribute to victims from a terrorist attack or natural disaster

Unacceptable: Wearing an item of clothing which preaches any sort of political message

Grey Areas: Wearing an item of clothing to sympathies with an oppressed community, because inevitably for some people the oppressors will be terrorists whilst for others they will be claiming their land. In general this falls under the unacceptable category since inevitably you will end up preaching a message against a political policy, regardless of how strongly you or I may feel about the matter.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    There was also nothing in supporting a Palestinian wristband, but then getting punished for it.

The ICC rules prohibit such things for a reason, no matter what excuse you come out with.
    Supporting Palestine is a political statement especially when you are not even a Palestine. Supporting your own Army is not!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well at the moment they are getting smashed like their army so makes perfect sense

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Well at the moment they are getting smashed like their army so makes perfect sense
    its just a JAMODI, so ok to be smashed. Our army though smashes in the real wars, so I am confident the we will do well in the WC.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5996 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Comeon man you are being unreasonable here and you know it. Every human life lost is important and should be condemned but you are comparing events of different magnitude here. These are generations of humans being wiped out and subjected to the worse living conditions. By your logic, moeen should wear an arm band for every sunni muslim killed in the whole world because he has got a religious connection with them. What reasoning is this?
    The only thing that is unreasonable here is the magnitude argument. Frankly speaking, it is disingenuous. A humanitarian does not care about the magnitude - he or she values every act of injustice and cruelty regardless of how many people have suffered.

People always pick and choose incidents to express their solidarity. They are never impartial. More often than not, the driving force behind their bias is religion. The people in Pakistan who raise their voices against Islamophobia are hardly vocal when it comes to raising their voices against religious discrimination in Pakistan.

You can see it on this forum itself. Any thread that focuses on the oppression of non-Muslim minorities gets very little traffic compared to Islamophobia threads. Do you think someone like Moeen would be wearing "Save Israel/Zionism" bands if the shoe was on the other foot, i.e. if the Jews were being oppressed by the Muslims?

Do you think the people of Pakistan would care about the human rights violations in J&K as much as they do now, if J&K was not a Muslim majority state?

I don't think there is anything wrong with picking and choosing conflicts to show solidarity for. It is simply impractical to raise your voice for all the oppressed people in the world. However, the least that we can do is to be honest and straightforward about our motivations and intentions.

We need to accept the fact that for the vast majority of Muslims, their humanity is exclusively limited to Muslims only. Similarly, the opposite is true for non-Muslims.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    OTT, looks stupid as hell

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iím sorry but you talk some absolute nonsense, Palestine is not a religious issue just because Moeen Ali is a Muslim. Do you have any knowledge of the history of the conflict?

Do not speak on topics you know nothing about. You also do not know what a humanitarian cause is, thatís just concerning. Itís not the length itís human suffering that determines a cause. Youíve sidetracked the thread with your ramblings.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems they are performing as well as the Indian Army...

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Palestine is full of Christians. Their freedom movement has had many Christians involved. Read history books. Almost every Arab Christian supports them too. Dont bring religion into everything

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that is unreasonable here is the magnitude argument. Frankly speaking, it is disingenuous. A humanitarian does not care about the magnitude - he or she values every act of injustice and cruelty regardless of how many people have suffered.

People always pick and choose incidents to express their solidarity. They are never impartial. More often than not, the driving force behind their bias is religion. The people in Pakistan who raise their voices against Islamophobia are hardly vocal when it comes to raising their voices against religious discrimination in Pakistan.

You can see it on this forum itself. Any thread that focuses on the oppression of non-Muslim minorities gets very little traffic compared to Islamophobia threads. Do you think someone like Moeen would be wearing "Save Israel/Zionism" bands if the shoe was on the other foot, i.e. if the Jews were being oppressed by the Muslims?

Do you think the people of Pakistan would care about the human rights violations in J&K as much as they do now, if J&K was not a Muslim majority state?

I don't think there is anything wrong with picking and choosing conflicts to show solidarity for. It is simply impractical to raise your voice for all the oppressed people in the world. However, the least that we can do is to be honest and straightforward about our motivations and intentions.

We need to accept the fact that for the vast majority of Muslims, their humanity is exclusively limited to Muslims only. Similarly, the opposite is true for non-Muslims.
    Arrh the one who always speaks the hard truth..

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So a tribute nearly a month later? Was there black arm bands? No army caps being handed our a few days after the pakistan incident

Its nothing more than chest thumping and a pathetic provocation and tbh im not surprised This is new india

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indians love their army. Fake Pakistanis can learn from them.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    1st of all - the irony of someone with your username, preaching what public activities are socially acceptable and which aren't is hard to miss.

Secondly - what was the outcome of Andy Flower and Henry Olanga wearing the black arm bands? Olonga hasn't returned to Zimbabwe since that day.

I don't understand how people are confused by this. It is pretty simple:

Cricketers can not make political statements on the cricket field

Here is an idiots guide to what is acceptable, what isn't acceptable and what is a possible grey area:

Acceptable: Wearing an item of clothing as a tribute to victims from a terrorist attack or natural disaster

Unacceptable: Wearing an item of clothing which preaches any sort of political message

Grey Areas: Wearing an item of clothing to sympathies with an oppressed community, because inevitably for some people the oppressors will be terrorists whilst for others they will be claiming their land. In general this falls under the unacceptable category since inevitably you will end up preaching a message against a political policy, regardless of how strongly you or I may feel about the matter.
    well ofcourse they never returned. they were protesting against their own government.
    this is different.
    wrong again TalhaSyed.

Ok then, the people of kashmir are suffering from a terrorist attack everyday, in the name of BSF Jawans:

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Proposed new ODI kit for Pakistan's World Cup campaign....

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  49.7 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Indians love their army. Fake Pakistanis can learn from them.
    If it's sarcasm then don't read further, else it's true . Our tribute is for our army and not directed to anyone.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good we are not like you guys , we are mature and support you if you truly paying tribute to your army without poking someone else.
    Grow up now.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah. I say, we use this kit only against india.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hopefully our players won't wear it again because surely they are not performing like soldiers on the field. They don't even deserve to wear it anyway. Just wear your IPL topi and keep this drama to IPL only.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Kashmir is not exactly part of india now is it? so how does solidarity with them mean attacking india?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Hopefully our players won't wear it again because surely they are not performing like soldiers on the field. They don't even deserve to wear it anyway. Just wear your IPL topi and keep this drama to IPL only.
    Can't say I'm surprised at you being unable to understand this gesture.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised at you being unable to understand this gesture.
    Coming from someone who claims to belong to an army family and still wants a war? I am not surprised either by your reaction.