Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So wearing an army cap to show solidarity to the Martyrs of a terrorist attack is offending people. Jeez, how brittle you guys are. :facepalm

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Seems they are performing as well as the Indian Army...
    Fair point. Indian army might loses a skirmish or two, but generally wins the war. Just like the World cup

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a bunch of jokers. No one is stopping them from supporting army and their families but this is just ridiculous. Anyways doesn't bother me , just continues India humiliation from last month.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then we should wear our pakistan army caps during the world cup.Lets see who will stop us then.Pakistan army zindabad!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels pretty weird to be honest, considering our Army and IAF is in shambles. However, this is not suspension worthy at all. This is soooo much different from Moeen's case lol.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is unacceptable. Politicizing sport and could be construed as provocative. The ICC should grow some balls and come down hard on these jokers but we all know the ICC are even bigger clowns.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I hope the Pakistan cricket team wears arm bands saying save Kashmir and caps with the PAF logos on it. We should also bring back our old slogans in the crowd..enough of this jeet lo dil bakwaas. Clear militaristic fascist jingoism going on here. Just shows how right wing fascism has seeped into every pore of India. Similar to other right wing societies in the past!!

Whats ironic is Indians go around talking about how Pakistanis are militaristic and under the thumb of their army etc..ab yay dekho..whats next RSS armbands and special hand gestures before the match..?? we should not shake their hands on the day and keep our nicey nice gestures for other teams..Time to go back to the "cricket jihad" days of sharjah...and our slogans like Pakistan ka matlab kya and our naaray takbirs!! and Naaray haideris!!
    just about the most absurd post on this thread

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    Well Kashmir is not exactly part of india now is it? so how does solidarity with them mean attacking india?
    It is de facto part of India. Read a few statements by different countries on Pulwana attack.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    This is unacceptable. Politicizing sport and could be construed as provocative. The ICC should grow some balls and come down hard on these jokers but we all know the ICC are even bigger clowns.
    Who said it is unacceptable?

Provaction to whom?

How is this politicizing? A person supporting his country's army is not politics.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For an arm band or vest under shirt by South AFrican player Imran TAhir [wearing shirt with Junaid Jamshed picture]. ICC reprimanded and warned him same with English player like Moeen Ali wearing an arm band for Palestinians.

Where is ICC now is'nt this political statements. Both the above-mentioned issues were highlighted by biased Indian media, now a butt of the jokes around the world for their fake news. ICC has become a mistress of BCCI and now it feels we need to leave cricket altogether. IOC and FIFA also have member nations who pay more than the rest, but they make sure no country is discriminated and treated equally as per their rules.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    For an arm band or vest under shirt by South AFrican player Imran TAhir [wearing shirt with Junaid Jamshed picture]. ICC reprimanded and warned him same with English player like Moeen Ali wearing an arm band for Palestinians.

Where is ICC now is'nt this political statements. Both the above-mentioned issues were highlighted by biased Indian media, now a butt of the jokes around the world for their fake news. ICC has become a mistress of BCCI and now it feels we need to leave cricket altogether. IOC and FIFA also have member nations who pay more than the rest, but they make sure no country is discriminated and treated equally as per their rules.
    The reason for Imran Tahir's reprimand

This contravenes Section G1 of the ICC Clothing and Equipment Rules and Regulations, which says: Players and team officials shall not be permitted to wear, display or otherwise convey messages through arm bands or other items affixed to clothing or equipment unless approved in advance by both the player or team official's and the ICC Cricket Operations Department,"

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    So wearing an army cap to show solidarity to the Martyrs of a terrorist attack is offending people. Jeez, how brittle you guys are. :facepalm
    Time and a place.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    929 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Nothing but cheap drama to sell the product a little bit more and they look nothing but jokers.

People who got no personal stake at wars and earned maybe 1% of what these jokers do die wearing these caps, and they are using it for some nationalist drama.

What a joke of country India is becoming these days.

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhump View Post
    Nothing but cheap drama to sell the product a little bit more and they look nothing but jokers.

People who got no personal stake at wars and earned maybe 1% of what these jokers do die wearing these caps, and they are using it for some nationalist drama.

You realise that they are doing it for their countrymen.And by the reactions in media, social media, on this thread, one can assume that this gesture has been appreciated by Indians.

I understand your dislike for the Indian Army but that doesnot mean Indians share your views. Calling a country a joke because yoy do not agree with its people shows your intolerance and nothing else.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Time and a place.
    Time: After the death of 46 Indian armed forces personnel in a terrorist attack.

Place: A sporting event in India.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with this. However, the next time a player decides to support any political, religious or humanitarian cause, the ICC should not complain about it. Provided that the Indian team does not get fined for their actions in this match, of course.

Supporting your country's military is a political cause, not a patriotic one. Not everyone finds war acceptable and I am sure there are many Indians, especially in IOK that hate the Indian army. If the BCCI forced its players to do this, then that is absolutely disgusting.
    Last edited by MenInG; 8th March 2019 at 20:02.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am late to the party but are Indians defending this too?

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rofl their nationalism is also fake. Doing for the gallery. Lets see how 'nationalist' players and whatsapp fake news media boycott June 16 match with Pakistan, looking forward to that, dramaybaaz nation.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    929 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    You realise that they are doing it for their countrymen.And by the reactions in media, social media, on this thread, one can assume that this gesture has been appreciated by Indians.

I understand your dislike for the Indian Army but that doesnot mean Indians share your views. Calling a country a joke because yoy do not agree with its people shows your intolerance and nothing else.
    I don't hate Indian Army they have similar kind of low paid poor soldiers dying on the front for no reason like any other Army in the world so please refrain from making moot points on my behalf.

I am calling people who act like a joker a joker that is like calling a spade a spade. If India keeps on doing these marketing videos and theater than sorry, it will turn into a joke of a country that is fueled by nothing but drama like they are doing for the past few weeks.

You can name it intolerance or anything you want that makes no difference for me. I have my opinion if you think it is intolerant that is your understanding.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moeen is not a Palestinian , is he ?
    Imran T had been reprimanded for displaying a personal message without seeking prior approval from his home side or the ICC.
    Have you & others posters like @theGreatKhan frothing at mouth noticed that these camouflage caps were sanctioned by BCCI ?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Except that I'm sure many Indian Kashmiris are quite upset about this move, especially if the BCCI forced the players to do so. I'm sure you realize that not all Indians support the actions of the Indian armed forces.

There is nothing wrong with what the players did, like you said, it is their country and their expression. However, do not portray this as something that all Indians appreciate.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Except that I'm sure many Indian Kashmiris are quite upset about this move, especially if the BCCI forced the players to do so. I'm sure you realize that not all Indians support the actions of the Indian armed forces.

There is nothing wrong with what the players did, like you said, it is their country and their expression. However, do not portray this as something that all Indians appreciate.
    There are 1.3 billion Indians. There is nothing that they can all agree on. Not even that the sky is blue.

But the point is that in general, this gesture is appreciated by most Indians.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    Imran T had been reprimanded for displaying a personal message without seeking prior approval from his home side or the ICC.
    Have you & others posters like @theGreatKhan frothing at mouth noticed that these camouflage caps were sanctioned by BCCI ?
    Yes, he isn't Palestinian. He is however, a human being and a Muslim and is connected to Palestinian citizens on those two accounts. Unless you think nationalism or patriotism are the only acceptable means of identification and group organization?

The armbands were sanctioned by the ECB. How do you think he got to the field with them on without his coach, captain or managers stopping him if it wasn't sanctioned?

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICC match referee should be replaced by a BCCI official to sanction what can an Indian player wear or do, nice precedent set. Disciplinary enforcements by ICC should go out the window.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    There are 1.3 billion Indians. There is nothing that they can all agree on. Not even that the sky is blue.

But the point is that in general, this gesture is appreciated by most Indians.
    Is there a chance that there is disagreement over this within the ICT as well? Also, in the case that a player did not want to go along with it, would there be pressure on him to conform?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Whether all Indians appreciate cannot be decided by Pakistanis? Can it be?

Lets for the sake of argument say majority of Indians agree to it. Thats democracy.

You have no proof that bcci forced this? Do you?

So your criticism is based on what exactly?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are the Army helmets?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Is there a chance that there is disagreement over this within the ICT as well? Also, in the case that a player did not want to go along with it, would there be pressure on him to conform?
    Do you have any source claiming this? People cant debate based on your imaginations, can they?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    We all know this is less to with the terrorist attack but more to do with their aggression against Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I don't hate Indian Army they have similar kind of low paid poor soldiers dying on the front for no reason like any other Army in the world so please refrain from making moot points on my behalf.

I am calling people who act like a joker a joker that is like calling a spade a spade. If India keeps on doing these marketing videos and theater than sorry, it will turn into a joke of a country that is fueled by nothing but drama like they are doing for the past few weeks.

You can name it intolerance or anything you want that makes no difference for me. I have my opinion if you think it is intolerant that is your understanding.
    Ofcourse its intolerant if things that dont conform to your views make people jokets.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all know this is less to with the terrorist attack but more to do with their aggression against Pakistan.
    That aggression started due to the 46 soldiers that were killed in the suicide attack.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Your assumptions.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't get why the Indian Army needs support - never seen a sports org support their armed forces

Usually you would see athletes support sometime like breast cancer, or colon cancer or raise awareness for a non-profit org, not for the armed forces

i guess spirits must be really low there...

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming soon BSF and CRPF badge, if they can bring weapons on the ground also in name of solidarity, ICC won't mind. Pakistani fans should bring the KAshmiri flag in also.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I doubt it. I would expect that every person who plays for his country would have no problem in donning a hat as a gesture of gratitude for the Indian armed forces.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don’t mind them wearing a cap like this one. Ppl should be allowed to have freedom of expression on the field. I stopped buying the argument of keeping politics out of sports. The very idea of one NATION playing AGAINST another NATION is deeply political. But I do feel that there should be equity for all nations and individuals regarding their freedom of expression.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    That aggression started due to the 46 soldiers that were killed in the suicide attack.
    And that attack was owned up by a terrorist organization that is headquartered in Pakistan. No wonder Pakistanis don't like this gesture.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    I don't get why the Indian Army needs support - never seen a sports org support their armed forces

Usually you would see athletes support sometime like breast cancer, or colon cancer or raise awareness for a non-profit org, not for the armed forces

i guess spirits must be really low there...
    Google remembrance poppy.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who said it is unacceptable?

Provaction to whom?

How is this politicizing? A person supporting his country's army is not politics.
    Many could see this as provocative or offensive, not least the IOK population of which countless human rights abuses have been committed on them by your army.

A person can support their army buy why should a sports person bring it on to the sporting arena? FIFA/UEFA ban all such visual articles that could be supporting institutions/political entities that have nothing to do with the sport itself. But I guess there's a difference in standards/mentality between India/subcontinent and developed areas.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wearing the cap makes it a little cringey although there is nothing wrong with the message, an armband or a badge would have made it look less for show..

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your assumptions.
    Dude, you know it.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    929 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Ofcourse its intolerant if things that dont conform to your views make people jokets.
    I hope that you apprehend that I am not here to contemplate your wishes but to express my opinions. It is comical to see that when you failed to justify any of the claims and assumptions you made on my last post you are trying conveniently to hang by the thread of intolerance because my opinion is hurting your sentiments a little too much.

I can assure you that my narrow view as per your opinion is shared by many all around the world. Cricket players wearing army uniform-caps on the field is nothing but a joke and a circus to entertain masses who are willing to buy this product for now.

I think during the next match Virat and co should wear farmer like turbans to create awareness and show the solidarity with thousands of farmers who commit suicide in India although I don't expect to see that as it is not a very sellable product.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a stupid stunt. Please let us not Americanize cricket. Just enjoy the sport for what it is.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian team, playing in India and supporting n paying to homage to Indian army n that rattles a lot of people? Man who needs a war when a cap can do the job.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the Indian Army so weak that they need their indian cricket team to show solidarity?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Do you have any source claiming this? People cant debate based on your imaginations, can they?
    Whether all Indians appreciate cannot be decided by Pakistanis? Can it be?

Lets for the sake of argument say majority of Indians agree to it. Thats democracy.

You have no proof that bcci forced this? Do you?

So your criticism is based on what exactly?
    I am just asking some (uncomfortable) questions. I know that it has been a tough month for you but no need to snap at people like this. I'm sure we'll get some more information about this once the match is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    I doubt it. I would expect that every person who plays for his country would have no problem in donning a hat as a gesture of gratitude for the Indian armed forces.
    So you're saying that loving your country and being anti-war/anti-military are mutually exclusive?

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Many could see this as provocative or offensive, not least the IOK population of which countless human rights abuses have been committed on them by your army.

A person can support their army buy why should a sports person bring it on to the sporting arena? FIFA/UEFA ban all such visual articles that could be supporting institutions/political entities that have nothing to do with the sport itself. But I guess there's a difference in standards/mentality between India/subcontinent and developed areas.
    Who is this many? What you call IOK is the state of J and K for Indians. Pakistanis may think whatever about the Indian army, doesnot mean Indians wont support their army. Just like Pakistanis support their army,do you wonder what Bangladeshis or Indians or Afghans or someone else thinks about PA.

Players have sported outfits on the field in support of many causes. Indian team is doing that they believe is a worthy cause.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Youd have thought after the humiliation last week these people wouldve learnt their lesson but looks like a leopard can never change its spots

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Once again, supporting an army and endorsing the actions of that army is a political move. An army is used to further political goals. It is not the same as supporting one's country/nation/religion/tribe.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Who is this many? What you call IOK is the state of J and K for Indians. Pakistanis may think whatever about the Indian army, doesnot mean Indians wont support their army. Just like Pakistanis support their army,do you wonder what Bangladeshis or Indians or Afghans or someone else thinks about PA.

Players have sported outfits on the field in support of many causes. Indian team is doing that they believe is a worthy cause.
    If the people if IOK support the Indian armed forces, why did they kill 46 members of the Indian armed forces?

Also, why do so many in IOK want to be liberated from Indian armed forces.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Once again, supporting an army and endorsing the actions of that army is a political move. An army is used to further political goals. It is not the same as supporting one's country/nation/religion/tribe.
    Thats your definition.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indians are well within their rights.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    If the people if IOK support the Indian armed forces, why did they kill 46 members of the Indian armed forces?

Also, why do so many in IOK want to be liberated from Indian armed forces.
    Why did ISIS brainwashed terrorists killed their countrymen?

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rofl their nationalism is also fake. Doing for the gallery. Lets see how 'nationalist' players and whatsapp fake news media boycott June 16 match with Pakistan, looking forward to that, dramaybaaz nation.
    Nobody gonna boycott match with you. We don't wanna to lose an easy win.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oneindia View Post
    Indian team, playing in India and supporting n paying to homage to Indian army n that rattles a lot of people? Man who needs a war when a cap can do the job.
    Some how its a feeling among posters here that Indians shouldnot support the Indian Army. Thats just ridiculous.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Youd have thought after the humiliation last week these people wouldve learnt their lesson but looks like a leopard can never change its spots
    The crackdown on certain organisations in full force after few trees were bombed by incompetent pilots shows exactly what transpired. Imagine if they had bombed the camp.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now onwards BCCI will put in formal application of PCB and PP armchair expert of professional ethics before respecting their army. For same Ethics ke thekedar respecting your army is wrong but selling your country is pardonable because that player could win you matches.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    they can donate their knickers to the Indian Army for all we care but dont bring this on to the Cricket field.
    Eh, India can wear anything they want. It's their homeground, and they're not playing against Pakistan. Not classy but not illegal.

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, he isn't Palestinian. He is however, a human being and a Muslim and is connected to Palestinian citizens on those two accounts. Unless you think nationalism or patriotism are the only acceptable means of identification and group organization?

The armbands were sanctioned by the ECB. How do you think he got to the field with them on without his coach, captain or managers stopping him if it wasn't sanctioned?
    Yet you find Indian players wearing a camo cap sanctioned by BCCI with its logo in support of Indian Army offensive ?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some how its a feeling among posters here that Indians shouldnot support the Indian Army. Thats just ridiculous.
    No one actually said that. I mean the question was - is it OTT or acceptable? And some are going to choose the former but that doesn't necessarily instigate that they shouldn't support the IA.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did nothing wrong, leave the poor guys alone.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who deems it? Whats the political cause? Indians supporting Indian Army is not a political cause.
    I think there is a way to show "By wearing black armband"

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A camouflage cap worn by INDIAN players in support of INDIAN ARMY sanctioned by BCCI & bearing it's LOGO has some Pakistani fans behaving like insecure kids .

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no Indians should support their army but this is not the appropriate way

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There are no easy answers. I find NFL halftime time salutes and jets flying over to be fascist. It’s wortj questioning what segments of society are worth supporting and which are not.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yet you find Indian players wearing a camo cap sanctioned by BCCI with its logo in support of Indian Army offensive ?
    Nothing wrong with this. However, the next time a player decides to support any political, religious or humanitarian cause, the ICC should not complain about it. Provided that the Indian team does not get fined for their actions in this match, of course.

Supporting your country's military is a political cause, not a patriotic one. Not everyone finds war acceptable and I am sure there are many Indians, especially in IOK that hate the Indian army. If the BCCI forced its players to do this, then that is absolutely disgusting.
    Learn to read. This does not offend me at all.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A camouflage cap worn by INDIAN players in support of INDIAN ARMY sanctioned by BCCI & bearing it's LOGO has some Pakistani fans behaving like insecure kids .
    By all means support the IA, but it's not appropriate to bring it on to the cricket field. They're cricket players not soldiers.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    no Indians should support their army but this is not the appropriate way
    So Indians cannot dedicate a match to 40 odd soldiers martyred by a terrorist? How is this not appropriate?

People wear bands, here they have adorned caps and donated thier match fees.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    By all means support the IA, but it's not appropriate to bring it on to the cricket field. They're cricket players not soldiers.
    Exactly if pakistan started handing out paf caps on the ground the crying indians would be running to the ICC again wanting pakistan banned again

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India needs to stop embarrasing itself and come out of this war hysteria.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    My understanding is that the Indian team are wearing the caps a tribue to the victims of the Pulwama attacks. I see nothing wrong with that.

If Kohli and co had come out and said they were wearing it to support the Indian military since they were on the brink of war - that would be a different story.

I see nothing different here from Pakistan team paying tribute to the victim of the Army school shootings or paying tribute to the Pakistani army by doing push ups in the middle of Lords.

As for the Moeen issue - personally the Palestine issue is something I feel really strongly about and love to see people using their fame to raise awareness regarding this matter. However, unfortunately, it's really no surprise that ECB doesn't want their employees preaching a pro-Palestine/anti-Israel message since people are very quick to label your employees - and consequently your organisation - as anti-scemetic. Unfortunate truth of the world we live in.
    Just as you’re passionate about Palestine, I have family from Kashmir. I protest India doing this in a match for their army who are committing a genocide in Kashmir which they occupy illegally.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    So Indians cannot dedicate a match to 40 odd soldiers martyred by a terrorist? How is this not appropriate?

People wear bands, here they have adorned caps and donated thier match fees.
    Arm-bands would have been fine. People have an issue because the caps represent the players supporting the actions of the armed forces, instead of simply remembering the dead.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So these days whoever is doning the Indian camo is losing.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they lost !!!!

Phusssssssssss

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Aur Pheno Topi

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arm-bands would have been fine. Pakistanis have an issue because the caps represent the players supporting the actions of the armed forces, instead of simply remembering the dead.
    Corrected.

Please show me where people other than Pakistanis are moaning. We are playing against the Aussies. Surely, they should be the first ones to be offended.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Corrected.

Please show me where people other than Pakistanis are moaning. We are playing against the Aussies. Surely, they should be the first ones to be offended.
    How do you know they aren't? This is a Pakistani forum, with very few fans of other teams. Let's see what the fall-out entails.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    To be fair, the Indian Cricket Team are better than the Indian Air Force.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oneindia View Post
    Joke according to who? Pak? Ya right.
    I am sure you were taught Pakistan isn't the only country in the world.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lolz so cap was not that good as far as results are concerned.