Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Do you even follow Pakistan cricket?

This was to say thanks to the forces which helped them get fit in a boot camp, hence the push ups.

It was after the game, a bit of fun and had nothing to do with politics. Please research Pakistan cricket before you make daft comparisons.
    do bother to read the post that i qouted

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    But never forget...Ghar me ghus ke
    Yeah... aye tou thay ap, humein ne chai bhi pilayi thi:

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    I did. There is a difference between a bit of fun and a more serious approach where the army is being used as a poltical tool in sport. Pakistan did not ask the ICC to ban India and then wear army clothing before a match.

When you jump to the defence of Indians all the time, you will often make a fool of yourself like another poster on here. Keep it up, we need amusement from Pak fans too.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope there will be a Lipton tea stand at the India v PAK WC game. https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.c...m3V0kPlkX9s1Vw

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    So Indians cannot dedicate a match to 40 odd soldiers martyred by a terrorist? How is this not appropriate?

People wear bands, here they have adorned caps and donated thier match fees.
    they can by giving away their match fee, by wearing black bands, by two min silence. There were many other ways.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I don't mind the Indian team wanting to respect their military.

However the reasoning that it is in tribute to those slain in the Pulwama attack is suspect.

Pulwama happened on 14th Feb. The first match after the attack was a T20I on 24th Feb. Why not pay the respects then instead of weeks later on March 8th ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Precisely, either this is an afterthought or it's more to do with the conflict with Pakistan rather than Pulwama.
    You know it, I know it, we all know it - even CJ knows what this gimmick is about although he's trying to plead ignorance in this respect.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    You know it, I know it, we all know it - even CJ knows what this gimmick is about although he's trying to plead ignorance in this respect.
    Mahendra Singh Dhoni was the man who wss behind today's gesture. Quite possible he wanted it on his home ground and likely his last match in India.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone enjoyed push-ups celebration giving homage to army boot camp, right?

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post

Slightly different.

The reason this was done was to thank the Army trainers for working on the player's fitness levels.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1025 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    And I "qouted" you back. Do tell me what your point was.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Slightly different.

The reason this was done was to thank the Army trainers for working on the player's fitness levels.
    Why didn't they wait for the match against Pakistan to have a shot at Pakistan or its army then, if it was SO politically driven?

3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Why didn't they wait for the match against Pakistan to have a shot at Pakistan or its army then, if it was SO politically driven?
    You posted a picture of the Pakistani players doing push-ups and I have told you clearly what that was for and why it was different to what we saw today.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You posted a picture of the Pakistani players doing push-ups and I have told you clearly what that was for and why it was different to what we saw today.
    Giving homage to the Indian army and their family while there are lives lost is a political move and not a homage? And it shouldn't be done? Why everyone is so salty thinking this is a protest against Pakistan?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving homage to the Indian army and their family while there are lives lost is a political move and not a homage? And it shouldn't be done? Why everyone is so salty thinking this is a protest against Pakistan?
    The soldiers were killed nearly a month ago, how many oppourtinuties have they had to honour them.....why now would love a response

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Thanking a few army officers for their help in improving your fitness is a bit different to today's 'effort'.

What next, squads arriving in army tanks to stadiums and then playing in full army kit to support their country's army personnel.
    Last edited by Saj; 9th March 2019 at 01:43.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6062 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AfridiRagingBull View Post
    I’m sorry but you talk some absolute nonsense, Palestine is not a religious issue just because Moeen Ali is a Muslim. Do you have any knowledge of the history of the conflict?

Do not speak on topics you know nothing about. You also do not know what a humanitarian cause is, that’s just concerning. It’s not the length it’s human suffering that determines a cause. You’ve sidetracked the thread with your ramblings.
    I believe I do. I have studied a well-reputed book on the history of Middle-East that did not attempt to whitewash the role the British played in establishing Israel and how they managed to deceive the Arabs.

The book covered the formation of Suez Canal and it subsequent nationalisation, the Husayn-McMahon correspondence, the Sykes-Picot Agreement, the Balfour Declaration, the formation of the United Arab Republic and the fateful Six Day War that cemented Israel's stronghold.

However, we are not debating the history of this conflict and why and how Israel came into existence. We are discussing the merits of the solidarity that Muslims around the show for the people of Palestine.

Let's make no mistake about it - the majority of the Muslims (not all) support Palestine simply because they are Muslims, and the "we are doing this for humanitarian reasons" is nothing more than a pretext.

There is nothing wrong with it, but the idea that they are supporting Palestine because of Muslim brotherhood somehow stings them, resulting in this riveting denial.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6062 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    Palestine is full of Christians. Their freedom movement has had many Christians involved. Read history books. Almost every Arab Christian supports them too. Dont bring religion into everything
    I have read history books and I am not talking about Palestinian Christians; I am talking about the motivations of the Muslims today that compel them to support the Palestinian cause.

Their empathy is driven by the religious bond that they share with the Palestinians and their historic dislike for the Jews, which stems from Islam's deep-rooted anti-Semitic history.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6062 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmanraheel View Post
    Lol at point number 2. Supporting Palestine is a humane cause , it doesn't necessarily have to do anything with religion.
    It shouldn't, but that is how it is. There is a reason why the majority of the Muslims who are vocal about the human rights violations in Palestine and J&K are usually silent when non-Muslims are violated.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It shouldn't, but that is how it is. There is a reason why the majority of the Muslims who are vocal about the human rights violations in Palestine and J&K are usually silent when non-Muslims are violated.
    You obviously haven't lived in North America. Many many people of all backgrounds religions support the Palestine cause

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanking a few army officers for their help in improving your fitness is a bit different to today's 'effort'.

What next, squads arriving in army tanks to stadiums and then playing in full army kit to support their country's army personnel.
    Today's "effort" boost family members of army personal whose lives are lost and whole country's morale. It shows how important they think of their army. How much support they can give! And to what extent they can go to support.

One would understand and respect this gesture if they lost their loved ones to this.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salma_T View Post
    The soldiers were killed nearly a month ago, how many oppourtinuties have they had to honour them.....why now would love a response
    Exactly, support can be shown anytime. It's not to have a go at Pakistan. BCCI has cancelled opening ceremony of IPL and decided to donate money to armies' family. Ceremony is scheduled for so late then why are they doing it?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all those even considering to pose the question of whether or not its a political statement should first answer this question.

If the Pakistani team wears the same camouflage coloured caps in their series against Australia, would that be deemed acceptable by BCCI? Without a doubt they will push for sanctions and request the ICC to punish the team accordingly.

If this wasn't a political statement they would have quietly gone and donated their match fees to the families of troops, but we all know it does not stop there.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jadaja View Post
    I find it hilarious and it is frankly sad that people are rejoicing on some guy scoring a 100 and calling him has our own.If he was your own he would be playing for Pakistan.

Islam is not property of Pakistan nor non Pakistani muslim players doing well should be reason for any celebrations from Pakistani fans . If those non Pakistani Muslim players are hailed based on their game it is fine but if they are hailed just becuase they happened to be followers of Islam is sad.

India lost match big deal, they have won every odi series they played by thumping every team.Losing one match is now a big deal??
    i think your confused No ones supporting him cause of his religion Its because Khwaja was pakistani born

Thinking a little before posting may help next time

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Today's "effort" boost family members of army personal whose lives are lost and whole country's morale. It shows how important they think of their army. How much support they can give! And to what extent they can go to support.

One would understand and respect this gesture if they lost their loved ones to this.
    You are comparing the Pakistan team's salute gesture to this, which is frankly laughable.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Every Indian team in any sports, media personalities , tv presenters , public personalities etc every single on of them should wear army caps and uniforms from now on in every appearance as it will boost the morals of soldiers.

Regards

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you listen to the interview there Misbah says that he promised the trainers that they will do this celebration.
    It was never a political statement or anything like that.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    But never forget...Ghar me ghus ke
    If you are referring to cricket, what Ghar? UAE is a makeshift place to play cricket.

Play in Pak like we played in Ind in 2012 and won.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Hahaha nice
    Wasnt Usman khawaja brother recently arrested for terror related stuff

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Indian Cricket Team Wearing Military Caps Is A Dangerous Sign

While Virat Kohli proudly announced that the team was wearing the caps to signal support for Indian soldiers, never before has the team worn jingoistic symbols so overtly.

When the Indian cricket team took to the field for its third ODI against Australia in Ranchi on Friday, they wore military caps as a sign of solidarity with the 40 troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) killed in Kashmir’s Pulwama last month. This is dangerous terrain for the national cricket team to tread, whether knowingly or not.

Firstly, it was not necessary to wear camouflage caps to publicise the cricketers’ acts of charity, as the players contributing a day’s salary to the family of the dead soldiers could have just made an announcement to that effect. Charity does not necessitate the display of outward military jingoism, as signified by donning a military cap. Never before has the Indian cricket team worn such jingoism on their heads, notwithstanding the patriotism they wear on their sleeves.

Also, even though the team has contributed to other causes and players like Sachin Tendulkar and others have made private contributions or adopted villages, such acts of charity were not made under the cover of creeping militarism or ultra-nationalism, like it has been done now.

There can be little doubt that the team has been nudged towards this display of jingoism by the prevailing anti-Pakistan sentiment, as well as the heated political scenario due to the approaching elections. No team in the history of modern cricket has worn military camouflage caps or symbols during an international match to make a statement.

Captain Virat Kohli proudly announced after the toss that the team was wearing the caps to signal support for Indian soldiers. Reuters has reported that the idea to sport the caps came from former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who is an honorary lieutenant colonel with the Indian Army.

Mind you, Kohli is so superstitious about the cap that, like some other players before him, he normally sports the same dirty Test cap that he wore on his debut. But wearing the military cap seems to have come quite easily to him. Also, the team hasn’t so far thought about giving their hard-earned money for education or some such collective causes.

An act like this cannot fail to have a fallout. In an act of nationalistic fervour, the BCCI has decided to try and keep Pakistan out of the World Cup, even without any prodding from the government. In case it fails, and Pakistan wears its own military caps during the World Cup, will the Indian team walk of the tournament? In such a case, can Pakistan be accused of conducting a provocative act, since India showed the way? Also, ICC rules do not permit wearing of caps other than national caps.

Nationalism and sport are closely linked for sure—that is why jerseys often sport national colours and medal winners wrap themselves in national flags. Indian nationalism, too, has been closely aligned with sport for a long time. Ronojoy Sen has written in his book Nation At Play: A History Of Sport In India that Motilal Nehru once took a team of wrestlers to Europe.

Teams often observe silence over national tragedies or wear black bands, in keeping with accepted practise. Not so military caps, which symbolise aggression. To cap it all, Sunil Gavaskar was seen distributing the caps to commentators including a thoroughly embarrassed Matthew Hayden who was not obliged to wear it at all.

In fact, Indian sport has a glorious history of standing against such jingoism and militarism. In the 1936 Berlin Olympics, India was among the handful of teams that refused to do the ‘Heil Hitler’ salute . That was also the time of heightened nationalism, though of a different sort.

“There is no evidence in contemporary sources to show any direct linkages between the Congress and the athletes’ decision to not salute Hitler in Berlin. But the fact remains that it was a political act breathtaking in its audacity, in direct opposition to most other contingents at the Games, including the British,” write Boria Majumdar and Nalin Mehta in their monumental Olympics: The India Story.

Ironically enough, Majumdar was among the first to tweet congratulatory messages to the BCCI for making the team wear military caps, showing how even writers and journalists are getting wrapped up in the militaristic fervour taking over political and national debates.

Even discounting for such snippets from history, the military-cap wearing is only symbolic of the larger narrative taking over politics. It would have been ideal for the team to wear a symbol supporting women on Women’s Day. But who is to remember the state of women in India when the atmosphere is rippling with jingoism? How can the BCCI perform a symbolic act for women when its CEO himself has been accused (and pardoned by BCCI) of sexual abuse? The only gesture it made was to have BCCI administrator Diana Edulji (who opposed the reappointment of the CEO) at the toss.

BCCI has opened up the cricket field for overt political statements at a time when both elections and the World Cup are around the corner. Majumdar himself once quoted a journalist to point to the danger of bringing together “previously separated realms”, while talking about the role of the TV serial Ramayan in creating a “setting for a Hindutva revival” . With this act, the BCCI has brought together the separate realms of militarism and cricket. For this, Indian cricket and sport will pay a heavy price in the near future.

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/...b0ed0a0012b54b

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp812 View Post
    No he set up a love rival by accusing him of terror activities. In the process wrecking a man's life all due to some live triangle.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    If you are referring to cricket, what Ghar? UAE is a makeshift place to play cricket.

Play in Pak like we played in Ind in 2012 and won.
    Though I was not referring to that but since you brought it, UAE is home for Pakistan. They are playing cricket there for 10 years...so its no make shift arrangement. Most current Pak players has even not played any international cricket in Pakistan and probably wont ever play in their cricket career. So to say UAE is not home and make shift is hilarious. Infact, Pakistan is a make shift venue for Pak cricket team where they play once a blue moon series against lowly rank teams and bunch of PSL knock out games.

BTW, why stop at 2012? Check out the result of last 2 ODI series when India toured Pakistan.
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 9th March 2019 at 03:19.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp812 View Post
    His brother was.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    If you listen to the interview there Misbah says that he promised the trainers that they will do this celebration.
    It was never a political statement or anything like that.
    So supporting lost lives is a political move? Giving homage to Army Camp to boost their confidence. Supporting the army and their family memebers to boost their morale.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cricketworm i get the homage to armed forces but why nearly a month after the event? I think the timing could translate into politicising the event by the BCCI (that is what it looks like from an outside perspective)

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salma_T View Post
    @cricketworm i get the homage to armed forces but why nearly a month after the event? I think the timing could translate into politicising the event by the BCCI (that is what it looks like from an outside perspective)
    It was Dhoni's idea. So likely he wanted it at his home ground and his likely last game in India.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slipcatch View Post
    I am sure you were taught Pakistan isn't the only country in the world.
    Yes but being dilusional only one

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    It was Dhoni's idea. So likely he wanted it at his home ground and his likely last game in India.
    Ok so planned due to the location and the fact it was Dhonis idea, can ask has something for the army been done before by the cricket team?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are comparing the Pakistan team's salute gesture to this, which is frankly laughable.
    Thats your opinion.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should not be allowed. Surely this is against the rules of Cricket.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So next what? Doing squats and bench press in middle of a pitch? N why thank Army for the fitness? Isnt it sportmen's job to be fit? Isnt it Doctors' job to advise people to be fit?

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oneindia View Post
    So next what? Doing squats and bench press in middle of a pitch? N why thank Army for the fitness? Isnt it sportmen's job to be fit? Isnt it Doctors' job to advise people to be fit?
    They would have paid tribute even if the trainers were non army. I am sure you do not watch pakistan matches but there have been many occasions where both younis and misbah have signaled to the dressing room to applaud the coaching staff. The behaviour was consistent. The indian teams behaviour is not.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oneindia View Post
    The Pak team wasnt training, the match had finished.

They were simply thanking the army for the boot camp which took place. Indian team got involved in politics of war. This was after their board requested Pakistan to be banned.

Come on you must have found it funny India lost on this day and that to due to a Pakistani born making the most runs for the opposition.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure they were just trying to provoke Pakistanis and have been successful in doing so.

Good things come to those who work hard.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pak team wasnt training, the match had finished.

They were simply thanking the army for the boot camp which took place. Indian team got involved in politics of war. This was after their board requested Pakistan to be banned.

Come on you must have found it funny India lost on this day and that to due to a Pakistani born making the most runs for the opposition.
    They are probably embarrassed, just like thy have been for past 3 weeks now. Now they are going to hide behind excuses such as “it was a one-off” , “kohliis still king” “but but but Pakistan doesnt even have a home ground”

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Pretty sure they were just trying to provoke Pakistanis and have been successful in doing so.
    they have pretty much provoked all cricket nations. Here in melbourne, my lankan and aussie mates are not liking this either. People see this is a cheap shot publicity stunt.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are y'all complaning for? If they are not allowed to wear the cap to show compassion and empathy for fallen victims, i guess blackbands should not be allowed aswell? I'm not understanding the logic here.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    Why are y'all complaning for? If they are not allowed to wear the cap to show compassion and empathy for fallen victims, i guess blackbands should not be allowed aswell? I'm not understanding the logic here.
    Black armbands are worn for victims of natural disasters or former players/coaches who have passed away in sports. The IOC banned Ukraine from wearing them as it was for political purposes when protestors were killed. FIFA also was against England wearing the poppy, again it was political.

Keep war out of sport.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    The title of the thread and over 350 comments may help.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If Moeen got banned so should they. We can argue semantics, but the general understood rule is sports and politics don’t mix and if you bring disrepute to the field like that you are eligible to face repercussions.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan had done what India did today, Indian posters and Mamoon guy would’ve probably gone crazy.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their action only motivated Pakistan born Khwaja, he score a match winning ton and Indians lost. Stupid move by them. They better not repeat this action.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their action only motivated Pakistan born Khwaja, he score a match winning ton and Indians lost. Stupid move by them. They better not repeat this action.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pakistan had done what India did today, Indian posters and Mamoon guy would’ve probably gone crazy.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not setting a healthy precedent. I saw how pakistani media was ridicuking india after their loss. This is what politicising sports does. A win or loss on a cricket field is just that.. a loss or a win in a game. As soon as you turn it into as if its some sort of a war or try to act like soldiers rather than sportsmen, things get ugly!

Imagine india and pakistan 🇵🇰 playing against each other in army uniforms. It will raise tension and animosity levels to a very high degree..

Lets all be sensible.. BCCI and the indian team ahould behave like what they really are.. sportsmen!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Nothing wrong in it, that's true. But why do it more often? Does your army need constant reminders that the nation is behind them? Hire a bunch of cheerleaders to that job.
    They are risking their lives daily for our sake. This is the least we could do by donating to their cause.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black armbands are worn for victims of natural disasters or former players/coaches who have passed away in sports. The IOC banned Ukraine from wearing them as it was for political purposes when protestors were killed. FIFA also was against England wearing the poppy, again it was political.

Keep war out of sport.
    I have said it many times in this forum SPORTS and POLITICS should never mix together. Its defeats the pourpose of unity.

However, here is my problem with all the complains, Indian players also wore a black arm band for the T20 (i think it was the first match - don't quote me on that. I can't remember if it was the first or second) - I didn't see any threads poping out about it. They did the same here, but different material piece of cloth and hell breaks loose. Why is that? Or did no one realize that it had happened here in pakpassion because I don't remember seeing a thread on that.

Also, back when SL team got attacked in your country, IND/NZ also wore black bands for the terrorist attack that took place. Any terrorist attack becomes political - terrorist used them as target for political/fear pourpose - no one seemed to have gone banana here then either for the black bands then.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corny lol.

Khawaja embarrassed them.

"but but vut about da pundits?!?!?!?!?!"

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    more like back fired with usman's century

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    This is not setting a healthy precedent. I saw how pakistani media was ridicuking india after their loss. This is what politicising sports does. A win or loss on a cricket field is just that.. a loss or a win in a game. As soon as you turn it into as if its some sort of a war or try to act like soldiers rather than sportsmen, things get ugly!

Imagine india and pakistan ���� playing against each other in army uniforms. It will raise tension and animosity levels to a very high degree..

Lets all be sensible.. BCCI and the indian team ahould behave like what they really are.. sportsmen!
    That would be hillarious, I'd pay to watch that.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our solders died. Our players gave tribute and funds for affected families and Pakistani edgelords are triggered.

Cause they know who killed them and support that method of war and conflict resolution wholeheartedly.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistanis say that the Pulwama attack was carried out by an Indian Kashmiri youth in the Indian territory, so what has Pakistan got to do with it. Now when our players are wearing army caps to give tribute to those Martyrs , they are jumping up and down as if the Indian team has directly targeted them
    Says a lot, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Stalin; 9th March 2019 at 11:01.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Our solders died. Our players gave tribute and funds for affected families and Pakistani edgelords are triggered.

Cause they know who killed them and support that method of war and conflict resolution wholeheartedly.
    Was this the first time soldiers from any nation died?

How about those killed earlier, and what about those who may be killed.

Are we going to have this done at start of each match? by all countries, including India?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with the caps

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    Pakistanis say that the Pulwama attack was carried out by an Indian Kashmiri youth in the Indian territory, so what has Pakistan got to do with it. Now when our players are wearing army caps to give tribute to those Martyrs , they are jumping up and down as if the Indian team has directly targeted them
    Says a lot, doesn't it?
    I am waiting for the day when a common Indian accepts the atroticies of Security personal ( CRPF, BSF and Army) done on the kashmiri people. We have been living in terror for more than 6 decades now. I condemn the attack on CRPF in Pulwama. Violence shouldn't have any space in today's world irrespective of the cause and person doing it. But at the same time, you people ignore the real fact about Kashmir. The attack on CRPF was not an action by a kashmiri boy but a reaction to the sufferings of common masses in Kashmir. Everyone in Kashmir is effected by brutal occupation of India in one way or another. I pray for the day when I will see Indians raising voice against the mass killing, using pellet guns to blind, rape, tortue, custodial killing, fake encounters by Indian securities.
    Last edited by Maliq_Mudasir; 9th March 2019 at 11:17.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Came across this

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6062 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asadee View Post
    You obviously haven't lived in North America. Many many people of all backgrounds religions support the Palestine cause
    I have spent 3 years in the U.S. and you have missed the point again. There are people everywhere who raise their voices against oppression without distinguishing between the religion of the oppressed and the oppressor. They classify as true humanitarians. However, the majority of the people do not fall into that category and fail to be impartial.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Was this the first time soldiers from any nation died?

How about those killed earlier, and what about those who may be killed.

Are we going to have this done at start of each match? by all countries, including India?
    It was unfortunately not the first time solders were killed by a suicide bomber. It will not be the last time until and unless the disenfranchised people are given their due.

But that does not mean Indians can't support the people who die to protect them from terrorist. People who can't understand that have no sense humanity.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    It was unfortunately not the first time solders were killed by a suicide bomber. It will not be the last time until and unless the disenfranchised people are given their due.

But that does not mean Indians can't support the people who die to protect them from terrorist. People who can't understand that have no sense humanity.
    Really no sense of humanity? So putting on caps and saluting and parading like soldiers makes this more humane?

Keep politics out of sports - its a slippery slope with no end to it.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks to the Army, the Aussies won just their 4th ODI of the last 20
    Last edited by shaaik; 9th March 2019 at 12:17.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Really no sense of humanity? So putting on caps and saluting and parading like soldiers makes this more humane?

Keep politics out of sports - its a slippery slope with no end to it.
    Helping the families of dead is politics.

Please don't go on about purity of sports. That ship has sailed a long ago.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mashallah another great defence from Lt. Khawaja..

Hopefully Pakistani fans can distribute free kashmir banners and hope the players wear kashmir arm bands.

Also think we should support the brave defenders of the nation who defended it from vile aggression. Perhaps blue PAF colours on the kit.

As for those who are saying this isn't political. Lol. Kashmir is the most political issue in this region. If that's not political I don't know what is..this is a classless stunt..

Pakistan should remember the thousands of kashmir is and gujrati Muslims murdered and Muslims lynched everyday too..

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don’t have any problem what they are wearing. However it was all Topi drama

Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Helping the families of dead is politics.

Please don't go on about purity of sports. That ship has sailed a long ago.
    They can contribute as much through financial means as much as they want - no one has any say on that.

When you bring this into cricket then I have a problem as there is no end to it.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pakistan wants ICC action against Team India for wearing army caps

Pakistan Minister Fawad Chaudhry has asked the International Cricket Council (ICC) to take action against the Indian cricket team for "politicising" the game by donning army caps during their third One-Day International (ODI) match against Australia.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had announced on Friday that the Indian team would be wearing camouflage caps during their third ODI match against Australia in Ranchi "as (a) mark of tribute to the loss of lives in Pulwama terror attack and the armed forces".

The BCCI has in fact also said that every year during any ODI game, the Indian team would be donning the army caps as a mark of respect for the armed forces.

"It's just not cricket," Chaudhry tweeted late on Friday. "By wearing the caps, the Indian team has politicised the Gentleman's Game," Dawn quoted the Information Minister as saying.

The minister urged the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to lodge a formal protest against India with the sport's world governing body ICC.

"And if the Indian team does not stop wearing the caps, the Pakistan team 'should (also) wear black bands to remind the World about Indian atrocities in (occupied) Kashmir," Chaudhry said.

The development came as Pakistan and India reeled from two weeks of high tension following the Pulwama terror attack that killed 40 paramilitary troopers.

Link: https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...070-2019-03-09
    Last edited by MenInG; 9th March 2019 at 19:43.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Utterly embarrassing cheap and cringeworthy Theres nothing wrong with supporting and remembering the dead But playing with army caps on is jingonism and politicising the event esp when pakistan have been blamed and bcci are after them being banned from the world cup

How Indian posters can defend this is pathetic, they should be utterly embarrassed the road the country has been following in the last few weeks
    Last edited by Zaz; 9th March 2019 at 15:38.

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    India should wear the caps in the rest of the two matches as well.

Lets see if ICC takes any action. Also lets see if ICC allows the Pakistanis to raise the Kashmir issue in ICC matches.

The sense of entitlement these guys have is astonishing. India and Indians wont ask Pakistanis or PCB before supporting the Indian army. No one is stopping Pakistan from wearing their army's cap as well.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is happening

Pakistan has demanded that the ICC take note of Indian cricketers wearing camouflage military caps during the third ODI against Australia, accusing Virat Kohli team's of politicising the game.

As a mark of respect to the CRPF jawans who lost their lives in the Pulawama terrorist attack, Indian cricketers sported the Army cap and also donated their match fee for the welfare of the families of the martyrs.

Taking an exception to the gesture, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said the International Cricket Council must do something about it.

"The world saw that the Indian cricket team wore military caps instead of their own, did ICC not see this? We think that it is the ICC's responsibility to take notice of this without the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) bringing it up," Qureshi was quoted as saying by Pakistan media.

India had lost the match by 32 runs but still lead the five-match series 2-1.

Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry echoed Qureshi's sentiment.

"It's just not Cricket," Chaudhry tweeted in the evening, attaching a picture which showed Indian cricketers wearing the cap.

"And if the Indian team will not be stopped, Pak cricket team should wear black bands to remind The World about Indian atrocities in Kashmir," Chaudhry wrote.

The minister urged the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to lodge a formal protest against India with the sport's world governing body.

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/n...p-2061525.html