Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 71 of 71
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Umer Khan is the best slow left-armer I've seen in T20s after Raza Hasan (when he was at his peak)

    Umer Khan is the best left arm spinner I have seen in T20s after Raza Hassan when he was at his peak as the thread says.

    His accuracy control and the thinking mind this youngster has at 19 years of age is mind blowing. May I say a bit of genius in him as everybody can see how he totally outplayed Corey Anderson and Russouw.

    He has taken a wicket of every top batsmen in this tournament.

    Looks like a star in the making.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,489
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Street smart bowler.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,772
    Mentioned
    1096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Umer Khan merited a callup to the ODI squad v Australia more than Yasir did.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    7,145
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great prospect.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Umer Khan merited a callup to the ODI squad v Australia more than Yasir did.
    Definitely really surprised with Inzi's statement that we might go with two leggies in the world cup. Yasir hasnt done anything to merit inclusion in LOIs.

    On the other hand Umer Khan has done everything a youngster can to impress.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,674
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should have been in the team against Australia unfortunately Yasir was picked.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,411
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's more mind boggling is that they haven't learned anything from the Asia Cup.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    548
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should be given a chance in national T20 team

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    40,835
    Mentioned
    1883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You can tell how utterly clueless Inzi is that he selected Yasir Shah for LOI just one series before WC. Shah isn't even the best spinner in LQ, let alone PSL or Pakistan.


    Absolutely pathetic from a pathetic chief selector. I would have thought that PSL is the only time when revolutionary shahab does any work but still he missed Umer Khan who is a very exciting prospect.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,461
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cant disagree much though i think Raza at his peak 2011-2012 was a different beast and was a huge turner of ball too only aspect where Umer needs improvement.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,461
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Really nice prospect.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  12. #12
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,411
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

    you are right about inzi as a chief selector

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,166
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You can tell how utterly clueless Inzi is that he selected Yasir Shah for LOI just one series before WC. Shah isn't even the best spinner in LQ, let alone PSL or Pakistan.


    Absolutely pathetic from a pathetic chief selector. I would have thought that PSL is the only time when revolutionary shahab does any work but still he missed Umer Khan who is a very exciting prospect.
    Here you are igniting me aginst this trash selection. Poor CS we ever had in my life.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    430
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’d think MA would give him ago considering he’s his PSL coach

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,660
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    You can tell how utterly clueless Inzi is that he selected Yasir Shah for LOI just one series before WC. Shah isn't even the best spinner in LQ, let alone PSL or Pakistan.


    Absolutely pathetic from a pathetic chief selector. I would have thought that PSL is the only time when revolutionary shahab does any work but still he missed Umer Khan who is a very exciting prospect.
    Zafar Gohar should have been there instead of Yasir and Umer should also have been included.

    Umer is also a crowd favorite

  16. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    15,025
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to be very good but can't see the point of both him and Imad Wasim playing together for the Pakistan team. But let's see, he may be too good to ignore

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    41,871
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yasir shah and umar akmal.

    What can you say about inzi!!!


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,970
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We really need a left-arm spinner that flights the ball and spins it too. Umer Khan looks like a good prospect.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Yasir shah and umar akmal.

    What can you say about inzi!!!
    Umar Akmal at least performed in PSL and also we dont have a lot of batsmen available. While Yasir hasnt done anything to warrant a place.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,253
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    not a big turner of the ball though; keep looking for a better version of him

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,964
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    not a big turner of the ball though; keep looking for a better version of him
    He does turn it in longer format appreciably. Would expect him to turn it 50 overs too.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    41,871
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Umar Akmal at least performed in PSL and also we dont have a lot of batsmen available. While Yasir hasnt done anything to warrant a place.
    Both are proven failures in this format.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,354
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Good head on young shoulders.

    Looks like he could be a great find.



  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,432
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with Yasir selection but if Imad is in the line up would you really want 2 left arm spinners? I would rather have the specialist spinner but I think Arthur loves his all rounders so I can kind of see why he wasn't selected.

    But I think he deserved an opportunity more than Yasir.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,240
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I like that we now compare young Players to the peaks of previous ‘greats’ who have played maybe a dozen games.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 overs 16 runs and two wickets and that too under immense pressure in a knockout game and he is just 19.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,416
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The best he boweld .Have to say i was wrong i like his temperament.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I like that we now compare young Players to the peaks of previous ‘greats’ who have played maybe a dozen games.
    Its just my opinion that Raza Hassan in his peak in T20s was the best slow left arm spinner whether in domestics or internationals. Never said he was a great.

    Dont remember many Left arm spinners opening the bowling at around 20 years of age in the world T20 and taking the wickets of openers like Watson, Ghambir etc.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,388
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great bowling.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,160
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Its just my opinion that Raza Hassan in his peak in T20s was the best slow left arm spinner whether in domestics or internationals. Never said he was a great.

    Dont remember many Left arm spinners opening the bowling at around 20 years of age in the world T20 and taking the wickets of openers like Watson, Ghambir etc.
    If I remember correctly, he bowled a maiden over against Amla during powerplay in WT20. He had great control and Umer looks similar.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,354
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    A few mentions for Raza Hasan in this thread.

    What a bowler, great skill, variety and could turn it both ways - but what a waste of talent.



  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,461
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

    What a bowler, great skill, variety and could turn it both ways - but what a waste of talent.
    He was special.

    I miss the old Raza.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,629
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    He was special.

    I miss the old Raza.
    Never the same after his back injury


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,629
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I like that we now compare young Players to the peaks of previous ‘greats’ who have played maybe a dozen games.
    To be fair, Raza was pretty special prior to his back injury


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,461
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Never the same after his back injury
    Yeah plus the bad company of charsis (drug addicts) didnt help him either :/


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,629
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Yeah plus the bad company of charsis (drug addicts) didnt help him either :/
    Agree. But I think that back injury was the turning point.


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,240
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    To be fair, Raza was pretty special prior to his back injury
    No. He wasn’t. Did not play enough cricket to be judged to be special. It’s the Aamir mistake all over again.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,461
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Btw Umer getting praise from all sides and deserving too.

    Everyone can see his talent apart from Mickey Arthur and Inzamam who think Yasir is a better loi bowler than him. Bas batain krwa lo in donun sai.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    27,405
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    This guy has bowled consistently well this tournament. Today he was turning it square on a decent pitch. Guy is going to be a big star for Pakistan, most exciting spinner I've seen in a green shirt for a long time.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,629
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    No. He wasn’t. Did not play enough cricket to be judged to be special. It’s the Aamir mistake all over again.
    Seen it in domestic. That is what I feel, he was pretty good, and world class for T20s especially. That injury took a bad toll on him. He was out for ages and don’t return the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    This guy has bowled consistently well this tournament. Today he was turning it square on a decent pitch. Guy is going to be a big star for Pakistan, most exciting spinner I've seen in a green shirt for a long time.
    But he was in a blue shirt bhai.


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi


  41. #41
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,240
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Seen it in domestic. That is what I feel, he was pretty good, and world class for T20s especially. That injury took a bad toll on him. He was out for ages and don’t return the same.



    But he was in a blue shirt bhai.
    Aijaz cheema is also a king in domestic...some pretty cool videos of him uprooting stumps....
    anyhow. its an opinion, as you say.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,093
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haven't seen this guy - he may well be the next bedi/herath but what is with the overhyping of raza? He did well in one world T20 and that's it. Zafar gohar was a better talent imo .

  43. #43
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    10,158
    Mentioned
    493 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Haven't seen this guy - he may well be the next bedi/herath but what is with the overhyping of raza? He did well in one world T20 and that's it. Zafar gohar was a better talent imo .
    Zafar is still the best.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,445
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bazad Khan called him the find of the tournament ...



  45. #45
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    15,093
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Zafar is still the best.
    Yes. He should have played all 3 formats by now. Not sure why the likes of Nawaz were tried ahead of him.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    3,160
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is there barely anyone questioning his action?

    He's been wearing full sleeved shirts while bowling which should instantly be a dangerous sign...

    Knowing Pakistani off spinners I'm going to expect for the worst so it doesn't hurt as much.


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  47. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    32,768
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    Why is there barely anyone questioning his action?

    He's been wearing full sleeved shirts while bowling which should instantly be a dangerous sign...

    Knowing Pakistani off spinners I'm going to expect for the worst so it doesn't hurt as much.
    Because we have eyes and we can see his arm is straight pretty much throughout while he's delivering the ball?

    Don't mean to sound harsh but you really need to have a better argument than 'he wears long sleeves'.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  48. #48
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    3,160
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Because we have eyes and we can see his arm is straight pretty much throughout while he's delivering the ball?

    Don't mean to sound harsh but you really need to have a better argument than 'he wears long sleeves'.
    But how clearly can one really see how straight it is if full sleeves cover the arm? It's not skin tight sleeves we're talking about here.

    I'm sorry if I come across like a snob but because of spinners like Ajmal and Hafeez coming out of our ranks I have become a skeptic when it comes to our spinners.


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  49. #49
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    32,768
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    But how clearly can one really see how straight it is if full sleeves cover the arm? It's not skin tight sleeves we're talking about here.

    I'm sorry if I come across like a snob but because of spinners like Ajmal and Hafeez coming out of our ranks I have become a skeptic when it comes to our spinners.
    Watch his bowling videos in slow motion and you'll see. If the elbow is bent then the arm has to be bent and there is no visible bend/straightening of the arm in his action.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    Why is there barely anyone questioning his action?

    He's been wearing full sleeved shirts while bowling which should instantly be a dangerous sign...

    Knowing Pakistani off spinners I'm going to expect for the worst so it doesn't hurt as much.
    Wearing full sleeves is in no way an indication of suspicious bowling action. His action is pretty smooth which can be easily seen if you slow mo any of the balls he has bowled throughout. Also there are international umpires and match refrees in the tournament, who called even Sunil Narine last year who was never called ever in the IPL. So if anything umpires and match refrees are more strict in PSL regarding that.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Haven't seen this guy - he may well be the next bedi/herath but what is with the overhyping of raza? He did well in one world T20 and that's it. Zafar gohar was a better talent imo .
    Yes unfortunately that was the peak of Raza Hassan’s career, after that injuries and ban on the basis of dope test haulted his growth and career.

    Zafar Gohar is a really good talent, probably the most complete SLA at the moment who should have been playing test cricket by now. I have specifically mentioned in thread best slow left arm spinner I have seen in T20s after Raza Hassan regarding Umer. Zafar has been a big success in 4 day cricket and have been pretty good in List A as well. However, the peak of Raza which I am referring to in T20s is unmatchable and this young guy Umer Khan has set a T20 tournument on fire which Raza Hassan used to do before some incidents.
    Last edited by Titan24; 17th March 2019 at 16:35.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    "Umer Khan - Great maturity and game awareness for a 19-year-old" : Wayne Parnell

    Wayne Parnell who was in the opposition squad said this after the match of KK vs IU which was the eliminator.



  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure Inzi and Mickey will be thinking on those terms. If at all they went for the 3rd spinner along with Shadab and Imad it might be Yasir Shah.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,772
    Mentioned
    1096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Left arm spin has been very handy in UAE. Abdul Rehman was as vital as Saeed Ajmal was during the 2012 England whitewash.

    I don't understand the selectors (namely Tauseef Ahmed who's meant to be the spin guru on the committee) aversion to Zafar Gohar who has performed consistently in domestic level.

    Whilst it'd be unfair for Umer Khan to jump the queue simply based on one PSL (we saw how Mohammad Nawaz was quickly found out after PSL1 where he benefited from spin friendly conditions), to be ignored in favour of an ODI failure like Yasir Shah is wrong.

    Anyway I'm sure he'll feature in the Pakistan Cup. Pitches in that tournament has been brutal for bowlers in the last two years so if he impresses there, he may well find a World Cup spot.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,290
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really impressed although not sure (from the videos) how much of a turner of the ball he is? I am extremely baffled by constant going back to Yasir when he has failed miserably and I am sorry, Imad is not a left arm spinner by any stretch!

    This kid or Zafar Gohar or even Asghar should be in the squad!
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 21st March 2019 at 19:11.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,964
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Really impressed although not sure (from the videos) how much of a turner of the ball he is?
    .

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,988
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How come this kid is not in the ODI squad and Yasir Shah is beyond my understanding

  58. #58
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know what justification Mickey and Inzi can give to not select Umer Khan and going in with Yasir Shah in ODIs.

    If players can be dropped on poor performance why not the selectors and head coach.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    107,074
    Mentioned
    1955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    I dont know what justification Mickey and Inzi can give to not select Umer Khan and going in with Yasir Shah in ODIs.

    If players can be dropped on poor performance why not the selectors and head coach.
    Really shocking to see him left out


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,290
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    .


    Yeah, I have seen this video before but quality of the video does not allow one to really see the ball turning due to the bowler's ability or if the pitch is sub-standard turner!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,875
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is he doing in Pakistan cup?

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    32,768
    Mentioned
    1506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    How is he doing in Pakistan cup?
    Doing OK, 5 wickets in 4 matches, good economy rate of 5.5 considering some of the scores.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,875
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Doing OK, 5 wickets in 4 matches, good economy rate of 5.5 considering some of the scores.
    Hmmm nothing earth shattering to make a late case. I think taking Yasir to World Cup will be fatal for Pakistan's chances.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today post 2nd ODI vs Eng

    Shoaib Akhtar: "Umer Khan completes your bowling"

    Rashid Khan: "Umer Khan is a wicket taker"

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,638
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Anybody is an upgrade over Yasir.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  66. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,964
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Today post 2nd ODI vs Eng

    Shoaib Akhtar: "Umer Khan completes your bowling"

    Rashid Khan: "Umer Khan is a wicket taker"
    You mean Latif presumably?

    Also anyone who watched Pakistan Cup knows Umer is not ready yet for ODIs. Doubt these guys watched though.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,772
    Mentioned
    1096 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I feel almost physically sick that England outgun Pakistan in the spin department and I don't even think Moeen and Rashid are world class by any means. Never thought I'd see this day.

    The team management will say everything will be fine once Shadab returns as if he's the second coming of Shane Warne. But in reality his bowling average is nearly 40 against top teams and is still learning his craft !

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gone are the days of specialist spinners to be honest. I would happily pick him provided he proves himself in the domestic cricket and works on his batting, otherwise no.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    You mean Latif presumably?

    Also anyone who watched Pakistan Cup knows Umer is not ready yet for ODIs. Doubt these guys watched though.
    Yes I misspelled.

    Pakistan Cup was a high scoring tournument, he still bowled better than most of the spinners playing.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Gone are the days of specialist spinners to be honest. I would happily pick him provided he proves himself in the domestic cricket and works on his batting, otherwise no.
    Chahal, Yadav, Zampa, Lyon, Tahir all have been playing as specialist spinners.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,672
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    You mean Latif presumably?

    Also anyone who watched Pakistan Cup knows Umer is not ready yet for ODIs. Doubt these guys watched though.
    He was highest wicket taker amongst spinners alongside Zohaib Khan and Nauman Ali.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •