Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 93
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,776
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

    PCB writes letter to ICC for action against India for allowing players to wear Army caps

    Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has sent a strongly worded letter to the International Cricket Council (ICC), calling for action against India for wearing camouflage military caps during the third ODI against Australia.

    "We have made our point very strongly to the ICC which now has no doubts or confusion about our intention or stance now on this matter," Ehsan Mani, PCB chairman, told reporters at the National Stadium on Sunday night. "We will be sending another letter to the ICC in next 12 hours after more consultations with our lawyers," he added.

    Mani said that Pakistan's stance is very clear that cricket must not be used for politics. "This is the second that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has tried to use cricket for politics. They took permission from ICC for some other purpose and used it to do something else, which is not acceptable," he said.


    Last month, BCCI had asked the International Cricket Council (ICC) to "sever ties with countries from which terrorism emanates" following the Pulwama attack where 40 CRPF jawans were killed in a suicide attack, the responsibility of which was taken by Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed.

    Recalling the move by India against Pakistan in the ICC and World Cup, Mani said that by indulging in such behaviour for a second time they have hurt their credibility and standing in the cricket world.

    Mani said they have reminded the ICC about the disciplinary action they took against Imran Tahir and Moin Ali few years back when the players tried to make a political statement on field. "We want the ICC to take similar sort of action against the Indians."

    As a mark of respect to the CRPF jawans who lost their lives in the Pulawama terrorist attack, Indian cricketers had sported the Army cap in the third ODI and also donated their match fee for the welfare of the families of the martyrs.

    However, Pakistan's foreign and information ministers took exception to the gesture and criticised the Indian team and also urged the PCB to take up the issue with ICC to take punitive action against the Indian players.

    https://www.news18.com/news/world/pa...d-2062765.html


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has sent a strongly worded letter to the International Cricket Council (ICC), calling for action against India for wearing camouflage military caps during the third ODI against Australia.

    "We have made our point very strongly to the ICC which now has no doubts or confusion about our intention or stance now on this matter," Ehsan Mani, PCB chairman, told reporters at the National Stadium on Sunday night. "We will be sending another letter to the ICC in next 12 hours after more consultations with our lawyers," he added.

    Mani said that Pakistan's stance is very clear that cricket must not be used for politics. "This is the second that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has tried to use cricket for politics. They took permission from ICC for some other purpose and used it to do something else, which is not acceptable," he said.


    Last month, BCCI had asked the International Cricket Council (ICC) to "sever ties with countries from which terrorism emanates" following the Pulwama attack where 40 CRPF jawans were killed in a suicide attack, the responsibility of which was taken by Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed.

    Recalling the move by India against Pakistan in the ICC and World Cup, Mani said that by indulging in such behaviour for a second time they have hurt their credibility and standing in the cricket world.

    Mani said they have reminded the ICC about the disciplinary action they took against Imran Tahir and Moin Ali few years back when the players tried to make a political statement on field. "We want the ICC to take similar sort of action against the Indians."

    As a mark of respect to the CRPF jawans who lost their lives in the Pulawama terrorist attack, Indian cricketers had sported the Army cap in the third ODI and also donated their match fee for the welfare of the families of the martyrs.

    However, Pakistan's foreign and information ministers took exception to the gesture and criticised the Indian team and also urged the PCB to take up the issue with ICC to take punitive action against the Indian players.

    https://www.news18.com/news/world/pa...d-2062765.html
    Oh, no. Why, PCB, WHY?! Why do you have to react to everything? How does this affect Pakistan cricket?!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    19,158
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't know why they care?

    Unless it's just for domestic PR consumption.


    Have some Sehwag in your life.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,973
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's even more idiotic by the PCB than the initial armyócap stand by Indian players.

    It's got nothing to do with us. We should let ICC take it on from here.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,012
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is Indian team wearing army hat in India relevant to PCB? This is not PCB's business.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    616
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you expect any different from pcb, or did India complain about Misbah's famous pressups

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    6,393
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow height of stupidity.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,745
    Mentioned
    5998 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    PCB is obsessed with humiliating itself. I guess this is Sethiís fault as well.

    Maniís incompetence was exposed the day he made Mohsin Khan head of a committee, but I wonder when will Wasim Khan make an impact.

    Or perhaps we are paying him millions for his British accent and his ďI left UK to work in Pakistan and I have made a sacrificeĒ rhetoric.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,231
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    PCB is obsessed with humiliating itself. I guess this is Sethi’s fault as well.

    Mani’s incompetence was exposed the day he made Mohsin Khan head of a committee, but I wonder when will Wasim Khan make an impact.

    Or perhaps we are paying him millions for his British accent and his “I left UK to work in Pakistan and I have made a sacrifice” rhetoric.
    Mamoon i smell one thing and that is government pressure, very very disappointing and pathetic stuff.Shame on you pcb.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    1,492
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as shameful as BCCI trying to remove Pakistan from the World Cup . Nevertheless, two wrongs donít make a right...

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like its becoming a habbit of PCB to get humiliated every 6 odd months. I thought MOU saga might have made them a bit humble but some people just dont learn.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,367
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ehan Mani

    Imran Khan should be blamed for this. These political appointments have ruined sports in Pakistan.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    2,351
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screw India Team and their Board. Why should we care about they do in their own home. PCB need to become professionals and just move on. Indian board has embarrassed themselves enough with Banning saga. Bada aye tha Pakistan cricket ko ban karne.😂

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,290
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PCB testing their luck given that nothing has been going right for the country of India and the BCCI in the last 3-4 weeks vis a vis Pakistan

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    6,517
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Looks like its becoming a habbit of PCB to get humiliated every 6 odd months. I thought MOU saga might have made them a bit humble but some people just dont learn.
    As if your board is any better .lets see if your board remain humble after humiliation from icc

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,309
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems ICC permission was granted to BCCI

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, why do WE care? Why isn't any other country raising this issue? Why is the PCB interpreting this action as directed towards Pakistan?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,290
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp812 View Post
    It seems ICC permission was granted to BCCI
    Moot point. PCB is pointing out that what the BCCI requested permission from the ICC and what they actually did out in the middle were two different things. Things are not always about just winning or losing a case, it is more important to make a point about unacceptable conduct. There has to be a check on a big power from someone always.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,290
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Again, why do WE care? Why isn't any other country raising this issue? Why is the PCB interpreting this action as directed towards Pakistan?
    Are you kidding me? Have you seen the anti Pakistan rhethoric coming from the Indian Cricketing Community and the BCCI attempts to have Pakistan banned from the WC? It was pretty clear this act by the Indians and BCCI was to take a dig at the Pakistani nation.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,439
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    ICC approved India's camouflage caps against Australia

    The Indian cricket team was granted permission to wear camouflage caps during a one-day international against Australia in Ranchi, the ICC said Monday.

    MS Dhoni distributed the caps among his team before Friday's toss for the third ODI as a way to pay tribute to 40 Indian soldiers killed in a terror attack in Pulwama in February.

    "The BCCI sought permission from the ICC to wear the caps as part of a fundraising drive and in memory of fallen soldiers who have died, which was granted," ICC spokeswoman Claire Furlong told The Associated Press in an e-mail on Monday.

    The move by the Board of Control for Cricket in India was heavily criticised in Pakistan. Information minister Fawad Chaudhry even called for the ICC to ban the Indian cricket team for mixing politics with sports.

    Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ehsan Mani said he has "strongly taken up the matter with the ICC".

    "There's absolutely no misunderstanding in the ICC about our position," Mani said late on Sunday in Karachi. "We believe that cricket and sports should not be used for politics and we have said this very clearly. Their [India's] credibility in the cricketing world has gone down very badly."

    The PCB was forced to shift the three Pakistan Super League matches from Lahore to Karachi last week because of the recent political tensions between Pakistan and India.

    Lahore was ruled out when its air space was temporarily closed in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack. But the PCB was adamant to show the cricketing world that it's safe to play cricket in Pakistan by organising eight PSL games in Karachi.

    In the past, the ICC has reprimanded or banned international players for showing off their political sentiments during international matches.

    England allrounder Moeen Ali was banned five years ago for wearing wristbands showing off slogans 'Save Gaza' and 'Free Palestine' during a Test match against India.

    South Africa legspinner Imran Tahir was reprimanded for showing of an image of Pakistan pop singer Junaid Jamshed underneath his shirt during a T20 against Sri Lanka in 2017. Jamshed had died in a plane crash in December 2016.

    "You have two examples from the past already, where both Imran Tahir and Moeen Ali were sanctioned for something similar," Mani said. "The ICC had taken strong action against them and we have sought similar action against India. The permission they took was for a different purpose but they acted differently."

    https://www.skysports.com/cricket/ne..._source=Direct

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol...another lost case for PCB after MOU humiliation. When will they ever learn that they have don't have enough influence in world cricket. Everytime they try to flex their muscle against BCCI...ICC puts them in their place. Its a classic case of overestimating ones self worth.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    8,420
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    As if your board is any better .lets see if your board remain humble after humiliation from icc
    What humiliation from the ICC?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,290
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Lol...another lost case for PCB after MOU humiliation. When will they ever learn that they have don't have enough influence in world cricket. Everytime they try to flex their muscle against BCCI...ICC puts them in their place. Its a classic case of overestimating ones self worth.
    The country of India should be the last one to lecture anyone on over estimating one's self worth after this recent one month episode with Pakistan. Everyone knows what India's true worth is globally when it really matters.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    827
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB seems to be Pakistanís IAF

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    8,420
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The country of India should be the last one to lecture anyone on over estimating one's self worth after this recent one month episode with Pakistan. Everyone knows what India's true worth is globally when it really matters.
    So somehow the BCCI gets exchanged with the Govt. of India and the PCB gets exchanged with the Govt. of Pakistan?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    The country of India should be the last one to lecture anyone on over estimating one's self worth after this recent one month episode with Pakistan. Everyone knows what India's true worth is globally when it really matters.


    Don't get me started on worth of Pakistan globally...especially in western world's eyes. Lets stick to cricket here. The fact is, after MOU humiliation PCB should have been more careful. But they try to shoot on their own foot again by taking panga with BCCI and ICC put them in their place, AGAIN.
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 11th March 2019 at 20:53.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    34,721
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think people are a bit slow here.

    PCB is just making sure it will be ok if or when a Pakistan team wears caps/vests/armbands in support of Kashmiri's being murdered by Indian forces.

    PCB is also questioning if the agreement was breached.

    Pakistan should wear Free Kashmir wristbands and PAF caps , grow handle bar moustaches when playing India in the World Cup. ICC wont be able to do nothing and the Indians will be in tears.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,322
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I think people are a bit slow here.

    PCB is just making sure it will be ok if or when a Pakistan team wears caps/vests/armbands in support of Kashmiri's being murdered by Indian forces.

    PCB is also questioning if the agreement was breached.

    Pakistan should wear Free Kashmir wristbands and PAF caps , grow handle bar moustaches when playing India in the World Cup. ICC wont be able to do nothing and the Indians will be in tears.
    And Indian occupied Kashmiris are part of Pak's army? At best, they are jihadi franchises of some banned terror groups in Pak. It will be as ridiculous as Moeen wearing a Palestinian or Gaza wrist bands. Yes, Indians and everybody will be in tears with laughter.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,266
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB likes own goals

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,290
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post


    Don't get me started on worth of Pakistan globally...especially in western world's eyes. Lets stick to cricket here. The fact is, after MOU humiliation PCB should have been more careful. But they try to shoot on their own foot again by taking panga with BCCI and ICC put them in their place, AGAIN.
    Yes we saw how the Western World responded to India's calls of Boycotting Pakistan globally.

    Even in Cricket, i am glad the PCB is keeping a check on the BCCI and the Indian Cricket team regardless of chances of succeeding or not, regardless of their influence in world cricket or not. We saw how the ICC threw BCCI's pleas to throw Pakistan out of the World Cup like toilet paper so not much influence there.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,211
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I think people are a bit slow here.

    PCB is just making sure it will be ok if or when a Pakistan team wears caps/vests/armbands in support of Kashmiri's being murdered by Indian forces.

    PCB is also questioning if the agreement was breached.

    Pakistan should wear Free Kashmir wristbands and PAF caps , grow handle bar moustaches when playing India in the World Cup. ICC wont be able to do nothing and the Indians will be in tears.
    Don't give them ideas

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    34,721
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    And Indian occupied Kashmiris are part of Pak's army? At best, they are jihadi franchises of some banned terror groups in Pak. It will be as ridiculous as Moeen wearing a Palestinian or Gaza wrist bands. Yes, Indians and everybody will be in tears with laughter.
    Theres no law or condition that states its ok IF its PART OF YOUR. Pakistan can simply say we are supporting fellow Muslims or innocent victims of state terrorism. We both know Indian media will be in uproar if Pak players wore items to support the Kashmiris who are being terrorised by Indian state.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  33. #33
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Are you kidding me? Have you seen the anti Pakistan rhethoric coming from the Indian Cricketing Community and the BCCI attempts to have Pakistan banned from the WC? It was pretty clear this act by the Indians and BCCI was to take a dig at the Pakistani nation.
    Look, we have to take this cap thing as an isolated event. We can't lump it together with the Indian media, what their past cricketers have been saying or any other statements coming from the BCCI (e.g. request to cut ties with Pak).

    There is no way to tell or prove that this was aimed at Pakistan and it can easily be claimed as a tribute to the fallen soldiers, which is well within their rights. So, when we make huge fuss about it, we can easily be made to look like fools!

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I think people are a bit slow here.

    PCB is just making sure it will be ok if or when a Pakistan team wears caps/vests/armbands in support of Kashmiri's being murdered by Indian forces.

    PCB is also questioning if the agreement was breached.

    Pakistan should wear Free Kashmir wristbands and PAF caps , grow handle bar moustaches when playing India in the World Cup. ICC wont be able to do nothing and the Indians will be in tears.
    If Pakistan wants to pay tribute to the lives lost in terrorism, it is free to do so.

    Again, why do we care how the Indians are remembering their soldiers who have lost their lives?

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,322
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Theres no law or condition that states its ok IF its PART OF YOUR. Pakistan can simply say we are supporting fellow Muslims or innocent victims of state terrorism. We both know Indian media will be in uproar if Pak players wore items to support the Kashmiris who are being terrorised by Indian state.
    You can but will get a rap on the knuckles like Moeen did is what I'm saying. It would be embarrassing for Pak. Clearly ICC thought wearing army hats was a tribute rather than politics. No Indian mentioned Pakistan. They just paid tribute to their army. However, Pak players wearing Kashmir armbands will be seen as political and hence will be controversial.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,322
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Are you kidding me? Have you seen the anti Pakistan rhethoric coming from the Indian Cricketing Community and the BCCI attempts to have Pakistan banned from the WC? It was pretty clear this act by the Indians and BCCI was to take a dig at the Pakistani nation.
    And what happened to that? It was an embarrassment to BCCI. Why would anyone in their right mind think that Pak will be banned from WC. BCCI is smarter than that. As I said earlier, they decided to get embarrassed rather than seem apathetic to the national uproar. They can preserve their billions that way.

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,629
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I think people are a bit slow here.

    PCB is just making sure it will be ok if or when a Pakistan team wears caps/vests/armbands in support of Kashmiri's being murdered by Indian forces.

    PCB is also questioning if the agreement was breached.

    Pakistan should wear Free Kashmir wristbands and PAF caps , grow handle bar moustaches when playing India in the World Cup. ICC wont be able to do nothing and the Indians will be in tears.
    Not sure if people are slow or you just lack reading ability.

    Supporting your country's army is not a political or religious cause. The Pakistani team did pushups and salutes for their army in the 2016 England series and it was allowed.

    Things like supporting Palestine or Kashmiris on the other hand would fall under religious and political causes, and therefore would not be allowed.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    34,721
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    You can but will get a rap on the knuckles like Moeen did is what I'm saying. It would be embarrassing for Pak. Clearly ICC thought wearing army hats was a tribute rather than politics. No Indian mentioned Pakistan. They just paid tribute to their army. However, Pak players wearing Kashmir armbands will be seen as political and hence will be controversial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    If Pakistan wants to pay tribute to the lives lost in terrorism, it is free to do so.

    Again, why do we care how the Indians are remembering their soldiers who have lost their lives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Not sure if people are slow or you just lack reading ability.

    Supporting your country's army is not a political or religious cause. The Pakistani team did pushups and salutes for their army in the 2016 England series and it was allowed.

    Things like supporting Palestine or Kashmiris on the other hand would fall under religious and political causes, and therefore would not be allowed.
    This was also political due to the recent conflict which has died down now. They wore the caps while Pakistan and India were firing at each other.

    It's also a matter of perception. I and many others believe Indian soldiers in occupied land killing people are terrorists too. State terrorism is just as real as any group terrorism.

    There will be many Pak fans wearing Kashmir tshirts, carrying Kashmir flags and chanting for Kashmir in the world cup match against India. I would like Paksitan to show support to Kashmir too by wearing a wrist band etc. Pak can deal with any issues later and I dont think there will be any punishment by the ICC.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,629
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    This was also political due to the recent conflict which has died down now. They wore the caps while Pakistan and India were firing at each other.

    It's also a matter of perception. I and many others believe Indian soldiers in occupied land killing people are terrorists too. State terrorism is just as real as any group terrorism.

    There will be many Pak fans wearing Kashmir tshirts, carrying Kashmir flags and chanting for Kashmir in the world cup match against India. I would like Paksitan to show support to Kashmir too by wearing a wrist band etc. Pak can deal with any issues later and I dont think there will be any punishment by the ICC.
    The BCCI clearly said the caps were to show respect and fundraise for those who died in the Pulwama attack. That's it. If you read further into that and relate it to the recent border tensions than that's simply up to you.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    34,721
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    The BCCI clearly said the caps were to show respect and fundraise for those who died in the Pulwama attack. That's it. If you read further into that and relate it to the recent border tensions than that's simply up to you.
    I actually dont mind if the rule is universal. Personally sport should only be sport, no need to promote anythting else inc deaths of anyone or fund raising but if it's allowed then pretty much all should be allowed.

    Pakistan should raise awarness of Kashmir, raise funds and then wear something in support. Let everyone do what they like and raise funds for any cause they wish.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep


  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,290
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Gambhir's tribute of India's victory over Pakistan at Mohali in the 2011 ODI WC, by saying this will ease the pain of those who lost loved ones in the Mumbai 2008 attacks. Point being these Indian players who openly want war between India and Pakistan should be told to bring it on.

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,629
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I actually dont mind if the rule is universal. Personally sport should only be sport, no need to promote anythting else inc deaths of anyone or fund raising but if it's allowed then pretty much all should be allowed.

    Pakistan should raise awarness of Kashmir, raise funds and then wear something in support. Let everyone do what they like and raise funds for any cause they wish.
    The rule is universal. Supporting religious and political causes is not allowed. Pakistan can do salutes and push ups if they want. India can wear a army cap if they want. But Pakistan can't wear an arm band for Palestine, Kashmir, or Uighur Muslims.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    2,097
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The PCB should have stayed out of this, there was no need to drag themselves into this.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    19,099
    Mentioned
    1499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't it be up to the actual opponent of India in said match to complain?


    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    3,253
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I guess I'll have to make peace with the fact that PCB will always be run by headless chickens.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an outsider I feel that PCB has got their own hands dirty by jumping into this. If ICC has agreed to have Indian team show their solidarity towards its army then I donít think there should be any problem. If PCB objects then it clearly solidifies Indiaís Stand against playing Pakistan , the same message is going to ICC

  47. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,745
    Mentioned
    5998 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I think people are a bit slow here.

    PCB is just making sure it will be ok if or when a Pakistan team wears caps/vests/armbands in support of Kashmiri's being murdered by Indian forces.

    PCB is also questioning if the agreement was breached.

    Pakistan should wear Free Kashmir wristbands and PAF caps , grow handle bar moustaches when playing India in the World Cup. ICC wont be able to do nothing and the Indians will be in tears.



    Yes they should, provided that they develop the guts to beat India in a World Cup for once. Imagine doing all of this and still losing. Not sure if the Indians would be in tears then.

    Pakistan would be better off pulling these stunts against other teams.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,516
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    [/b]

    Yes they should, provided that they develop the guts to beat India in a World Cup for once. Imagine doing all of this and still losing. Not sure if the Indians would be in tears then.

    Pakistan would be better off pulling these stunts against other teams.
    India will be under severe pressure on 16th June 2019, and any subsequent match in this World Cup. India is a better team than us, no doubt but the added pressure of this drama might mean this is the best chance for us to break the streak.

    Provided our players have the heart of it and don't punch out mentally.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,214
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    its about the precedence man, now don't start crying like babies when and if we return the favor, and we are pretty good at that as you Indians know it better than anyone.
    How will you return the favor? By doing more military-style pushups on the field? Why do you think BCCI would care about that?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    899
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad job by PCB, it's non of PCB's matter if someone wants to add insult to the injury of their own AF.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,249
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Extremly poor from PCB

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,776
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    he Indian cricket team's gesture to honour the Pulwama martyrs by wearing special caps in the third ODI against Australia in Ranchi earned the players high praise from their fans. However, Pakistan Cricket Board and a few of their ministers were irked after MS Dhoni handed out

    In fact, Pakistan's Information minister Fawad Chaudhry called for the International Cricket Council to ban the Indian cricket team for mixing politics with sports. The Pakistan Cricket Board even complained to the ICC about India's decision to wear special caps in Ranchi. However, the world governing body said India had sough permission.

    On Tuesday, India's bowling coach Bharat Arun said what PCB thought and did was beyond the Indian team's control and said Virat Kohli's men did what they did for the country.


    "We did what we really felt we needed to do it for the country... showing solidarity in what the army has done for the country," Arun said at a press conference on the eve of the series deciding ODI against Australia. "We wanted to show our appreciation for the cause. It's beyond us to think what PCB is saying. It's beyond our control.

    "I think BCCI has done well to get the permission from the ICC and handed over the caps to the players. We wanted to show solidarity and that's what we have done."

    Earlier, Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ehsan Mani said he had "strongly taken up the matter with the ICC."

    "There's absolutely no misunderstanding in the ICC about our position," Mani said late Sunday in Karachi. "We believe that cricket and sports should not be used for politics and we have said this very clearly. Their [India] credibility in the cricketing world has gone down very badly."

    ICC responded by saying India were given permission to wear the caps.

    "The BCCI sought permission from the ICC to wear the caps as part of a fundraising drive and in memory of fallen soldiers who have died, which was granted," ICC spokeswoman Claire Furlong told The Associated Press in an e-mail on Monday.

    https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...217-2019-03-12


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    2,341
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB never ceased to amaze anyone, it seems, PCB have mastered the art of 'how to embarrass themselves'.

    Fans trolling Indian for hyper-nationalistic way to honor the soldiers in occupied Kashmir is one thing but PCB need to understand that does not mean to file an official complain.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,815
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have pretty strong views about this.

    This is the fist time that I have seen such an initiative taken by BCCI and that too at a time when the country was on the brink of waging war. Also when the board has openly campaigned for the PCB to be ousted from the ICC and the World cup. PCB has every right to complain formally and also inform the ICC that they will allow a wrong trend to develop if no action is taken.

    Pakistan could well wear a camouflage designed kit for some games, it would become a circus but what can ICC do to stop this circus from continuing to develop?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    17,935
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    That was useless exercise at all PCB need to mind their own business.


    جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,632
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I have pretty strong views about this.

    This is the fist time that I have seen such an initiative taken by BCCI and that too at a time when the country was on the brink of waging war. Also when the board has openly campaigned for the PCB to be ousted from the ICC and the World cup. PCB has every right to complain formally and also inform the ICC that they will allow a wrong trend to develop if no action is taken.

    Pakistan could well wear a camouflage designed kit for some games, it would become a circus but what can ICC do to stop this circus from continuing to develop?
    Pakistan should wear PAF caps on 16th June, would be hilarious

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,815
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Pakistan should wear PAF caps on 16th June, would be hilarious
    No I dont think so, it will just turn the whole stadium into a mini war zone. This whole non-sense needs to stop. ICC need to get a grip!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,263
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I have pretty strong views about this.

    This is the fist time that I have seen such an initiative taken by BCCI and that too at a time when the country was on the brink of waging war. Also when the board has openly campaigned for the PCB to be ousted from the ICC and the World cup. PCB has every right to complain formally and also inform the ICC that they will allow a wrong trend to develop if no action is taken.

    Pakistan could well wear a camouflage designed kit for some games, it would become a circus but what can ICC do to stop this circus from continuing to develop?
    Lets imagine that India is on brink of war, You think Bcci and Indian cricketers wont be supporting their army???

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    5,784
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am gonna vouch for it , atleast we can wear FREE INNOCENT KASHMIRIS band or cap in future , pulwama attack is one off but the terrorism on Kashmiris is ongoing for 70 years.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,281
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    [/b]

    Yes they should, provided that they develop the guts to beat India in a World Cup for once. Imagine doing all of this and still losing. Not sure if the Indians would be in tears then.

    Pakistan would be better off pulling these stunts against other teams.
    You mean like India won after wearing the caps?
    Those who are equating this to push ups by Pak players that was to show appreciation for players training provided to cricket players and not to politicise Pak Army.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,281
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Lets imagine that India is on brink of war, You think Bcci and Indian cricketers wont be supporting their army???
    Not in a sporting arena.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad saad View Post
    I am gonna vouch for it , atleast we can wear FREE INNOCENT KASHMIRIS band or cap in future , pulwama attack is one off but the terrorism on Kashmiris is ongoing for 70 years.
    Kashmir is India's internal issue. You poke your nose in other countries affair on a cricket field....get ready for a ban from ICC.
    Last edited by Canford Cliffs; 13th March 2019 at 13:31.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Not in a sporting arena.
    But the opposition against whom the sport being played had no issues with it?

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,263
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Not in a sporting arena.
    A person can support his country's army at any forum. Bcci and the indian cricketers will continue to do so. Icc doesnt have any issues.

    And no one at the bcci cares what pcb thinks.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,815
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Lets imagine that India is on brink of war, You think Bcci and Indian cricketers wont be supporting their army???
    If they actually want to support their Army on the brink of war, they should go and do it by cancelling all of their matches and offering themselves to the Army as soldiers. That would be honourable. Even soldiers do not really care much when it comes to gestures such as Army caps. Soldiers are the real deal and they will do what it takes to defend their nation. Wearing Army caps and being smashed around by Khwaja has not exactly been support to them. It’s just the continuation of a circus. In fact, it just all seems to be one big circus from across the border.

    PCB is well within its rights to object to this. I’m not even sure which clown in the ICC thought it’s ok to allow this even if BCCI ‘sought permission’. They don’t seek permission, they deliver ultimatums and ICC just can’t keep disappointing them these days.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,815
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Kashmir is India's internal issue. You poke your nose in other countries affair on a cricket field....get ready for a ban from ICC.
    How is it just India’s issue? It’s Pakistan’s issue also, if a Kashmiri citizen bombs Indian soldiers then according to you it’s Pakistan who are behind this. So how is Pakistan poking into someone’s business here? Why then does India want to wage war against Pakistan if it’s not their issue?

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,263
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    If they actually want to support their Army on the brink of war, they should go and do it by cancelling all of their matches and offering themselves to the Army as soldiers. That would be honourable. Even soldiers do not really care much when it comes to gestures such as Army caps. Soldiers are the real deal and they will do what it takes to defend their nation. Wearing Army caps and being smashed around by Khwaja has not exactly been support to them. It’s just the continuation of a circus. In fact, it just all seems to be one big circus from across the border.

    PCB is well within its rights to object to this. I’m not even sure which clown in the ICC thought it’s ok to allow this even if BCCI ‘sought permission’. They don’t seek permission, they deliver ultimatums and ICC just can’t keep disappointing them these days.
    1. What players should do and what Indian soldiers think is not upto you to decide.

    2.Who is PCB to tell what Indian players should do while playing in India in a match againist Australia? Lol.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    27,203
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    A person can support his country's army at any forum. Bcci and the indian cricketers will continue to do so. Icc doesnt have any issues.

    And no one at the bcci cares what pcb thinks.
    ICC doesn’t have any issues, lol. Like people don’t know the reasons behind this. Paisa boulta hai.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    How is it just Indiaís issue? Itís Pakistanís issue also, if a Kashmiri citizen bombs Indian soldiers then according to you itís Pakistan who are behind this. So how is Pakistan poking into someoneís business here? Why then does India want to wage war against Pakistan if itís not their issue?


    I know logic does not work here but atleast be rational. Its not me who is blaming Pakistan for Pulwama, its Jaish himself took credit for it. And your govt himself admitted Jaish resides in Pakistan. So its very clear Pak based terrorists intigates attack on Indians using Kashmiris as a pawn. Its a fact.

    But as far as state of J&K is concerned, Pak have no rights in its affairs. Like they have no business in the affairs of Bihar, Karnataka or Rajasthan.

    The day Pak will understand this...things will resolve.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,815
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    1. What players should do and what Indian soldiers think is not upto you to decide.

    2.Who is PCB to tell what Indian players should do while playing in India in a match againist Australia? Lol.
    Yes I did not volunteer to decide for them, but then don't complain when ICC does not do anything about Pakistan when they also go on their anti-India, Indian Army protest through "Peace for Kashmir" shirts or something along those lines.

    Be a fair person. Pakistan is not an evil villain in a Bollywood narrative. If you think it is ok for cricketers to promote a war culture by all means go ahead and believe it. How about the BCCI makes it a tradition to dedicate 1 day's earning for all players and staff to the Indian armed forces in each series they play, that would be so honourable!

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,815
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post


    I know logic does not work here but atleast be rational. Its not me who is blaming Pakistan for Pulwama, its Jaish himself took credit for it. And your govt himself admitted Jaish resides in Pakistan. So its very clear Pak based terrorists intigates attack on Indians using Kashmiris as a pawn. Its a fact.

    But as far as state of J&K is concerned, Pak have no rights in its affairs. Like they have no business in the affairs of Bihar, Karnataka or Rajasthan.

    The day Pak will understand this...things will resolve.
    Indian Media quote Jaish from God knows where whereas the guys who matter such as the PM and The Pak Army categorically deny any involvement in this attack. I don't trust Indian Media, FAKE NEWS all day long. Lets all start World War 3 because of Fake Indian news?

    I remember you are the same person who said India should tell ICC that it will not play Pakistan in the group stage but will play them in the knockouts if they must. You are asking me now to be rational?

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,815
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    ICC doesnít have any issues, lol. Like people donít know the reasons behind this. Paisa boulta hai.
    They ICC has had to go out of their way to support Pakistan in this matter although it was the right thing to do anyways, but they have to keep BCCI happy somehow. Yes go on boys, wear some caps

  73. #73
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,290
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I enjoy the fact that the PCB is the only board which keeps on taking the fight to the BCCI.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,815
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I enjoy the fact that the PCB is the only board which keeps on taking the fight to the BCCI.
    I think PCB knows full well that the BCCI are not exactly backstabbers, they are pretty much the open enemy to them. This whole charade of 'government approval' was just a cover up for them to isolate the PCB throughout the years. I would't blame the PCB anymore, Pakistan is 2 away goals up against India after the latest skirmish and the tide is currently in their favour, keep up the pressure!

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,898
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though there was no need for PCB to do anything but it’s embarrassing on behalf of ICC who havent taken any action till now

    Have anybody ever seen any team using their army caps while playing in any sport? I havent.

    And some Indians talking about humiliation after all that has happened in recent times. Wont touch it but in terms of sports even your federations are being humiliated.

    IOC (International olympic comitee) has suspended India to host any olympics event.

    https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...portsmen-97179


  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    32,290
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I think PCB knows full well that the BCCI are not exactly backstabbers, they are pretty much the open enemy to them. This whole charade of 'government approval' was just a cover up for them to isolate the PCB throughout the years. I would't blame the PCB anymore, Pakistan is 2 away goals up against India after the latest skirmish and the tide is currently in their favour, keep up the pressure!
    Ofcourse, the BCCI deliberately itself on its own refused to par take in any activity which would have helped the PCB out financially. The BCCI did not even care or give a damn about the abscence of international cricket in Pakistan in the last 10 years and not once did they offer to help the PCB out. Out of all the boards, inspite of our rivalry i expected the BCCI to be most sympathetic to the PCB given the fact that our two countries share most things in common. Their policy of only playing Pakistan when it was most beneficial for them but refusing to play against Pakistan when it was most beneficial for Pakistan Cricket was very blatant. Government approval was never really an issue.

    As far as i am concerned given the kind of anti Pakistan statements coming from the likes of Sourav Ganguly, Harbhajan Singh, Gautam Gambhir and Bollywood, some of these players have toured Pakistan, the country of Pakistan should not have anything to do with the country of India as long as the Modi government is in charge and the Indian players and cricketing community tenders an apology to Pakistan.

    The PCB should just focus on standing on its own feet and building better relationships with other boards. Screw the BCCI and the country of India.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    10,898
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Though there was no need for PCB to do anything but it’s embarrassing on behalf of ICC who havent taken any action till now

    Have anybody ever seen any team using their army caps while playing in any sport? I havent.

    And some Indians talking about humiliation after all that has happened in recent times. Wont touch it but in terms of sports even your federations are being humiliated.

    IOC (International olympic comitee) has suspended India to host any olympics event.

    https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...portsmen-97179

    International Olympics Comitee said you dont want to give visa to Pakistani sportsmen. Ok, fair enough however you are too childish to host any olympics event and we suspend you from hosting any.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    256
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is a pinnacle of delusion...PCB going crying to ICC for something which they have nothing to do with. And then crying about BCCI arm twisting ICC.

    On the other hand, BCCI took permission (rightly so) and raised money for something. Ultimately it is doing some human beings some good by raising money. I dont care whether it comes by wearing army caps or pink pyjamas

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,263
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    ICC doesn’t have any issues, lol. Like people don’t know the reasons behind this. Paisa boulta hai.
    Aap bulwa lo paise deke.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,263
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Yes I did not volunteer to decide for them, but then don't complain when ICC does not do anything about Pakistan when they also go on their anti-India, Indian Army protest through "Peace for Kashmir" shirts or something along those lines.

    Be a fair person. Pakistan is not an evil villain in a Bollywood narrative. If you think it is ok for cricketers to promote a war culture by all means go ahead and believe it. How about the BCCI makes it a tradition to dedicate 1 day's earning for all players and staff to the Indian armed forces in each series they play, that would be so honourable!
    1. First let ICC give permission to pcb to bring a political agenda to the cricket field and support a secessionist movement via ICC.

    2.BCCI will donate the entire budget of ipl opening ceremony to the arrmed forces. Players will donate their entire match fees of that day to the armed forces. Thats a very substantial amount.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •