Aug 2007
    Venue
    Offenbach am Main, Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

The look on Rilee Rossouw's face when a plane flew over the stadium - who else noticed it?

A plane flew over the stadium yesterday during the Karachi-Quetta match. Given its sound, it must´ve been a fighter jet as opposed to a passenger plane. The sound that it made, it almost knocked the life out of Rossouw as he looked so anxious, holding his heart/chest with his hand. Then he´d a sigh of relief when it passed the stadium. The poor guy looked so scared. Ramiz Raja noticed it and said something along the lines of "Relax young man."

The foreign players obviously must be aware of the ongoing Indo-Pak tensions and the possibility of further escalation to it.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am sorry but what escalation? After we shot down their two jets, it's all over.

Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Abdullah719 Video?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baigel View Post
    @Abdullah719 Video?
    It happened too quickly. Was over in a matter of seconds but yeah the sound was... loud.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There was a flyover today too but not as bad as yesterday

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It happened too quickly. Was over in a matter of seconds but yeah the sound was... loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    A plane flew over the stadium yesterday during the Karachi-Quetta match. Given its sound, it must´ve been a fighter jet as opposed to a passenger plane. The sound that it made, it almost knocked the life out of Rossouw as he looked so anxious, holding his heart/chest with his hand. Then he´d a sigh of relief when it passed the stadium. The poor guy looked so scared. Ramiz Raja noticed it and said something along the lines of "Relax young man."

The foreign players obviously must be aware of the ongoing Indo-Pak tensions and the possibility of further escalation to it.
    Around what over did it happen folks?

Any idea?

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

The look on Rilee Rossouw's face when a plane flew over the stadium - who else noticed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Runner Up View Post
    I am sorry but what escalation? After we shot down their two jets, it's all over.
    Erm, brother you´re trusting PM Modi too much here I feel. I too hope that way but remember the recent revelation by PM Imran that they had the inside report of a missile attack being planned by India the next day, a day after the jets were shot down, and how things calm down following a message that was sent to Delhi that night. Remember also the recent rumours that India had all their troops readied in Rajkot those days. Also to be considered is the report from a British newspaper I think that India are digging over 400 bunkers in the Indian Kashmir.

In fact let me too make a revelation here. My father is someone whom you´ll find in the depth of the sea of negativity. He´d over the years been warning me that Modi might start an all out war some day. In this habit though, I´m a complete opposite of him as I always stay calm and positive, so I´d always interrupt to tell him that no way a war is taking place between two nuclear powers. But given the events from late February, I feel that I was being a little too positive here perhaps. So I´ve given up on this as now I really can expect anything from Modi, anything I repeat. Either, I´m also inclined towards the view that things are done for now, but I´d still advice against getting too comfortable with things just yet.

Oh´ and, I apologise to the moderators for bringing in politics in this section of our wonderful forum. Such a discussion shouldn´t actually be taking place here but in 'Time Pass' in fact. So let´s end it here. In fact, it can be discussed further in one of my own threads.......

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ble&highlight=

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Runner Up View Post
    Also, I forgot to add in my last post above that it doesn´t matter what you or I think or how we interpret events to be. What matters here is what Rossouw and other foreign players might be fearing given the recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Any idea?
    Well brother, Rossouw only stayed out there for mere 13 balls, from over 6.3 to 8.4 to be precise. Also, another hint is that Rossouw himself was to face the next ball and it was a spinner who was bowling. All of this is confirmed.

Going a step forward to locate the scene from these facts, I´d say it has to be one of these deliveries: over 7.1, 7.3 or 7.5. My gut feeling says it was over 7.3.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Any idea?
    It was before the first ball of the 7th over. You can watch the replay if you have Cricket Gateway.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1772
Size:  185.3 KB

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hahaha.

Rameez said "No problems, keep calm!"

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also, I forgot to add in my last post above that it doesn´t matter what you or I think or how we interpret events to be. What matters here is what Rossouw and other foreign players might be fearing given the recent events.

Well brother, Rossouw only stayed out there for mere 13 balls, from over 6.3 to 8.4 to be precise. Also, another hint is that Rossouw himself was to face the next ball and it was a spinner who was bowling. All of this is confirmed.

Going a step forward to locate the scene from these facts, I´d say it has to be one of these deliveries: over 7.1, 7.3 or 7.5. My gut feeling says it was over 7.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    It was before the first ball of the 7th over. You can watch the replay if you have Cricket Gateway.
    Thank you.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That was hilarious.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This reminds me of last week when that Salam Zindagi show was on the TV and Faisal Qureshi and co in the studio had to pause as we could all hear the roar of jets that had just flew over head.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    Honestly, looking at this is quite sad.

Hope this perception starts changing more and more.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well then this is the same for IPL.
    LETS SEE.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    live in London, if a fighter jet randomly flew over me (low flying?) while out and about, would probably be taken by big surprise too...

SOUND the ALAM!

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Well then this is the same for IPL.
    LETS SEE.
    If things escalate further from hereon between India and Pakistan and then something like this happens during an IPL or any match in India, sure enough the players might get worried there too. So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaka4pope View Post
    live in London, if a fighter jet randomly flew over me (low flying?) while out and about, would probably be taken by big surprise too...
    Possibly, but the background here might just have played a part behind such a reaction from Rossouw. Maybe.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadharis1 View Post
    Hahaha.

Rameez said "No problems, keep calm!"
    Can anyone provide a video of it, guys?

Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If things escalate further from hereon between India and Pakistan and then something like this happens during an IPL or any match in India, sure enough the players might get worried there too. So yeah.

Possibly, but the background here might just have played a part behind such a reaction from Rossouw. Maybe.
    utter rubbish !

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILcricket View Post
    utter rubbish !
    In what way?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might get worried LOL. They WILL get worried.

Pakistan should troll India big time during the IPL.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have to accept this. These guys are see stuff in the news, they don't know the details of what's going on.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Off topic alright but who else witnessed that incredibly romantic moment between Fakhr-e-Alam and that Australian presenter? Have heard about candlelight dinner but they were having a floodlight tea or something. I hope someone over here can find a video or a photo of it. A lovely light moment that was. I loved it!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can somebody post a video.

"i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, he was an absolute crowd favorite at the stadium today. Everyone kept chanting his name and he would acknowledge us every time with a wave and a smile.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off topic alright but who else witnessed that incredibly romantic moment between Fakhr-e-Alam and that Australian presenter? Have heard about candlelight dinner but they were having a floodlight tea or something. I hope someone over here can find a video or a photo of it. A lovely light moment that was. I loved it!
    I thought it was extremely cringe. Tapal has gone berserk with their placement ads. They must be stopped!

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1048 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobinJay View Post
    Well, he was an absolute crowd favorite at the stadium today. Everyone kept chanting his name and he would acknowledge us every time with a wave and a smile.
    Interesting. Any reason or just like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazinator1313 View Post
    I thought it was extremely cringe. Tapal has gone berserk with their placement ads. They must be stopped!
    I take these T20 leagues as carnivals, as kind of festivals. So I take whatever comes my way. In fact, I presented my stance the last year too when I think it was @Saj bhai who objected to Wilkins learning and talking Urdu in the commentary box. In an international match, sure enough I wouldn´t take it.

Oh´ and... Tapal is finally getting the recognition that it deserves. Had always been head and shoulders above other teas, with the exception of maybe Lipton I´d say.