Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    So basically he shouldn't be in contention?
    At the moment, yes. Having a poor PSL, where even the likes of Faheem made it count, doesn't help his cause at all.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    In the PSL he has once again shown that he lacks game-awareness. He just seems to run in and bowl without much thought or consideration of the field set for him or the match situation or the opposition batsman.

Once in a while he hasa good game, but most of the time he looks very average.
    The fact of the matter is that he doesn't have any skill! He can run in and bowl at decent pace . . no skill, no game awareness, can't swing the ball, no bounce . . nothing!

He is going to get absolutely WALLOPED in England if we take him!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Pak's pace bowlers for LOI in the order I would see them and close to national selection

1. Shaheen Afridi
    2. Hassan Ali
    3. Mohammad Amir
    4. Harris Rauf
    5. Mohammad Musa
    6. Mohammad Hasnain
    7. Sameen Gul
    8. Wahab Riaz (would take him over Shinwari at this point)
    9. Rahat Ali
    10. Usman Khan Shinwari

I dont see him better than the 9 names mentioned. This list excludes experienced bowlers such as Irfan and Sami who might still be better than him.
    You forgot Junaid Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he wholeheartedly gifts runs to the batsmen, I'll give you that.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    904 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Man View Post
    Yeah, he wholeheartedly gifts runs to the batsmen, I'll give you that.
    Exactly (Y)

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pak's pace bowlers for LOI in the order I would see them and close to national selection

1. Shaheen Afridi
    2. Hassan Ali
    3. Mohammad Amir
    4. Harris Rauf
    5. Mohammad Musa
    6. Mohammad Hasnain
    7. Sameen Gul
    8. Wahab Riaz (would take him over Shinwari at this point)
    9. Rahat Ali
    10. Usman Khan Shinwari

I dont see him better than the 9 names mentioned. This list excludes experienced bowlers such as Irfan and Sami who might still be better than him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    You forgot Junaid Khan.
    I think Faheem Ashraf would be ahead of UKS at this point. That says it all.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I think Shinwari needs to rediscover the swing which made him deadly in his opening season in domestic cricket

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    You forgot Junaid Khan.
    Another person noted Faheem Ashraf also. Yes both JK and Faheem are better pace bowlers than Shinwari.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What happened to his Boomerang outswing??? Nothing bowler he is without that swing.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don’t know. I like something about him. I was sick of watching unmotivated trundlers like Rahat ali fr so long. Shinwari has passion and a fast bowlers aggression. He runs in hard and is lively with the ball.

However, he can always bowl an over which loses his team the match or bowl an over which wins his team the match. He blows hot and cold.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another person noted Faheem Ashraf also. Yes both JK and Faheem are better pace bowlers than Shinwari.
    Mohammad Abbas is also coming in the mix of things in ODIs.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad saad View Post
    What happened to his Boomerang outswing??? Nothing bowler he is without that swing.
    Not hitting the good length often and when he does his line is off more often than not. For any movement to be generated and be effective you need to be bowling in an area of uncertainty. Whatever little swing he produces is going to be ineffective as a short ball or half volley.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Mohammad Abbas is also coming in the mix of things in ODIs.
    I actually forgot to add Rumman Raees Also.

Shinwari is sol fortunate to to still be selected for the series against Australia. Although as argued 11-12 names should be considered before him.

Good for Pakistan really, looks like the Pace factory is back

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    I don’t know. I like something about him. I was sick of watching unmotivated trundlers like Rahat ali fr so long. Shinwari has passion and a fast bowlers aggression. He runs in hard and is lively with the ball.

However, he can always bowl an over which loses his team the match or bowl an over which wins his team the match. He blows hot and cold.
    Shinwari needs work with the coaches. Plenty of examples of bowlers who were initially hot and cold in the early part of their careers before they became more consistent with more experience. If he can rediscover the swing he had in his first season and the pace he bowls at he will be lethal.

I wonder if him striving for extra pace is the problem which hurts his length

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread is like saying that other cricketer's don't have that big hearts compared to Shinwari and aren't trying hard enough.

Poster is just supporting one of their favourite bowlers by using this mediocre justification.

I agree that Usman has the potential to blow line ups away but he is extremely inconsistent and the risk isn't worth it unless he improves.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    This thread is like saying that other cricketer's don't have that big hearts compared to Shinwari and aren't trying hard enough.

Poster is just supporting one of their favourite bowlers by using this mediocre justification.

I agree that Usman has the potential to blow line ups away but he is extremely inconsistent and the risk isn't worth it unless he improves.
    You can judge these things by looking at a bowlers body language in general and especially when the going gets tough. Seeing Amir operate at 127-128 km/hr on unsupportive pitches or when the overs pile is another example. Even Imran Khan used to like cricketers who had temprament rather than ability alone. This is the reason why he picked Mushtaq Ahmed in the 1992 WC squad.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Venue
    Indian Administered Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree .....I don't get how shinwari is a better bowler than Wahab to get picked again and again for Pakistan .. the latter should have been picked atleast for the Australia series .he was by far our best bower at the last world cup and has been performing well and bowling at pace in current PSL !

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I think Shinwari needs to rediscover the swing which made him deadly in his opening season in domestic cricket
    Shinwari has ability no doubt but when the stakes are high, unfortunately he crumbles as we saw yesterday. Should be kept away from the Pakistan squad. Need players who can keep their cool under pressure.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Shinwari has ability no doubt but when the stakes are high, unfortunately he crumbles as we saw yesterday. Should be kept away from the Pakistan squad. Need players who can keep their cool under pressure.
    Don't think its the pressure, just gets his execution wrong. Players under pressure dont race in every delivery

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Don't think its the pressure, just gets his execution wrong. Players under pressure dont race in every delivery
    He's always crumbles under the slightest pressure.

Yes he gives 100% but he's not good enough at international level. He will choke in the WC - no doubt about it!

Also there is no way does he have the edge on Amir, who not only has an intelligent cricketing brain but knows how to keep his calm on the big stage as evident by his excellent track record in ICC LOI tournaments and his excellent economy at the death + in T20Is.

Picking Shinwari and making him bowl at the death is a recipe for disaster my friend!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has no game awareness. Just runs in and tries to bowl quick.

And, he's not that quick either

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I don't doubt he's an honest trier, but he lacks bowling intelligence and fails to bowl to set fields.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i'd rather have wahab riaz than usman shinwari

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield