Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undue criticism of Mohammad Hasnain's selection for the ODI Series vs Australia

It's pretty disgusting what's happening to be honest. This is an 18 year old, who hasn't even picked up a Pakistan jersey yet and his selection is criticized just because a certain section of the media wants TTFs like Wahab Riaz to be selected.

Our sports media is comfortably the worst, and they don't even have the decency to let a youngster with immense potential atleast bowl one ball, before they start laying into him.

Sickening.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what happened? what is so disgusting?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    what happened? what is so disgusting?
    Criticism of an 18 year old's selection, just because their favourites aren't getting a look in.

Afridi was a high profile personality who implied this quite heavily in his press conference, while the media is having a field day with this selection.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are these people coming from? Its a Pakistani norm to send the young kids of the deep end.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i agree our ex cricketer are not honest or do care about pakistan future .They wants status quo ''Seniority culture''

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I find hilarious is how these 'critics' keep on harping about Wahab Riaz. The guy has been rubbish for a long time now, yet the lobby is at full throttle trying to get him back into the team.

I would pick a teenage sensation, who has the ability to bowl 150+ kph, any day of the week.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wonder why afridi didnt have a problem with Shaheen getting selected.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Tbh he never specifically mentioned anyone by name, just that the psl alone is not enough as a selection criteria.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of our sports journalists and ex cricketers working as analysts are total filth.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Tbh he never specifically mentioned anyone by name, just that the psl alone is not enough as a selection criteria.
    If he played in today's age he would've probably been selected through PSL too. Sad to see he's saying these things about Hasnain... Give him a chance.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    What I find hilarious is how these 'critics' keep on harping about Wahab Riaz. The guy has been rubbish for a long time now, yet the lobby is at full throttle trying to get him back into the team.

I would pick a teenage sensation, who has the ability to bowl 150+ kph, any day of the week.
    Wahab had his usual tournament. Some outstanding spells mixed in with some real rubbish, usually in the same matches. Hasnain still looks a bit raw, but he should be on the radar. I just think we should be prepared for some not so great performances, the pitches in Dubai aren't exactly pace bowler friendly, quite a tough ask for a debut.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Wahab had his usual tournament. Some outstanding spells mixed in with some real rubbish, usually in the same matches. Hasnain still looks a bit raw, but he should be on the radar. I just think we should be prepared for some not so great performances, the pitches in Dubai aren't exactly pace bowler friendly, quite a tough ask for a debut.
    Better to invest in Husnain, who is an exciting unknown commodity, than go back to a 33 year old pace bowler clearly past his best.

Tbh, if these critics raise valid points for Wahab's inclusion, it would be still be alright. But the fact that Wahab has been ordinary, yet there are calls for him to be recalled, is sickening.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Moreover, when Afridi himself was 16 (officially) he should have refused to play for Pakistan so another senior of that time could have been picked

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If they really want to pick Riaz it must be over Shinwari only

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Better to invest in Husnain, who is an exciting unknown commodity, than go back to a 33 year old pace bowler clearly past his best.

Tbh, if these critics raise valid points for Wahab's inclusion, it would be still be alright. But the fact that Wahab has been ordinary, yet there are calls for him to be recalled, is sickening.
    Agree with you, I don't think that Riaz has been good enough in the PSL to warrant inclusion. I just hope that fans show some patience for Hasnain as he will be making his debut in difficult conditions for a fast bowler.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol wahab riaz... he's horrendous

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There goes Ramiz Raja again with the Wahab Riaz hype train. He has bowled well tonight, but at the end of the day he is a TTF.

This much praise for a budding cricketer will do wonders for his confidence. But no, these ex-cricketers cannot let go of their agendas

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There goes Ramiz Raja again with the Wahab Riaz hype train. He has bowled well tonight, but at the end of the day he is a TTF.

This much praise for a budding cricketer will do wonders for his confidence. But no, these ex-cricketers cannot let go of their agendas
    i am more fedup then you .Now wait and watch ramiz conservative praise for husnain

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one has criticized him directly, end of story. End of this thread. And stop bashing Rameez, he always praise him and looks excited when Hasnain comes to bowl, In order to get more appreciation Hasnain needs to bowl a magical spell of thunderous pace along side 3/4 wickets, hopefully he will do that in the final.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when people here were saying Wahab Riaz would be the replacement for Shoaib Akhtar LOL.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hasnain should go to the WC. He would be an X factor. Our bowling should be something like :

Shadab
    Faheem
    Hassan
    Amir
    Hasnain

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2020 View Post
    Remember when people here were saying Wahab Riaz would be the replacement for Shoaib Akhtar LOL.
    To be honest Wahab is consistently on avg quicker than most 150k bowlers in the world and he has maintained his pace for almost a decade now which is indeed a marvelous effort.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    Hasnain should go to the WC. He would be an X factor. Our bowling should be something like :

Shadab
    Faheem
    Hassan
    Amir
    Hasnain
    Are you forgetting Shaheen????? Replace Faheem with Shaheen and this bowling can win you some games......

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know how hard it for some ex players to understand that Wahab's is really good when the bowl reverses which is starts to happen after 10 overs in T20s if conditions are suitable as there is just one ball. For the ball to be as old in ODIs its gonna take atleast 20-25 overs as there are two balls so you cant save all of Wahab's over post 25 overs when you are playing 3 seamers. His lack of control with the new ball and semi new ball is evident and he has conceded most of his runs within those overs.

He is a pretty good death bowler however due to his problem with his wrist he cant control the new ball to certain extent and when playing with 3 seamers you cant afford one seamer to be only bowling overs after 25 overs.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post

Shadab
    Faheem
    Hassan
    Amir
    Hasnain
    Replace Faheem with Hasnain. Hasnain's bowling is better and batting wise they're probably the same.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Replace Faheem with Hasnain. Hasnain's bowling is better and batting wise they're probably the same.
    Both will have to be included in the squad. Playing XI will change frequently as there are many matches so maybe rotate 1 bowler getting rest.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ramiz hyped up Wahab far too much. Itís time to move on with him. Glad the management thinks the same.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two cents on Hasnain:

First of all, I am a huge proponent of throwing them in while they're young and raw! That has what made Pakistan cricket - well . . Pakistan cricket! We are known for it . . and we have produced gems like that!

Now coming to Hasnain . .

I don't have the statistics, so if anyone does, that would be great . .

I have watched 3 of his spells . . and it seems the 151 was an aberration . . Most of his balls are in the 140 to 144 region . . which to me, is hardly anything to rave about unless you've got skills to go along with it . . either swing . . or bounce (like Shaheen) . .

All of Hasan, Wahab and Shaheen are also bowling quite a few deliveries in that range . .

Can Hasnain get quicker? Absolutely! But it seems either he isn't there yet or he only pushes himself on a few deliveries . .

But my analysis is:
    1. His run up seems a bit off . . his steps are too long which restricts him from gathering pace to the wicket . . If he can get a smoother run up, perhaps his average speed will be consistently higher
    2. His release doesn't aid any swing at this point . . he has a sling which could be helpful in his effectiveness in reverse swing given the right conditions
    3. At an average speed of 142 kph with his current skills, he won't have a good time of it at the international level where the batsman are not going after him like T20. .

All in all, he has the talent . . I am all for his inclusion . . but he needs to pick up those skills, get his average speed higher and I have no doubt he will given he is only 18!

Good luck to him! I hope he succeeds and has a long career for Pakistan!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seems exciting prospect to me. However, I would advise hype machine to please shut up and let the youngster understand and improve his game. For example, his run up needs work. Overall, very happy to see genuine right arm fast bowler after some time. I congratulate Pak fans and wish him good luck. Hope Hasnain lights up WC.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

To be honest, one thing really stood out from the game yesterday, and it was that sheer pace was the only answer to stop batsmen on a flat wicket. Look at the figures: The three fastest bowlers, Mills, Wahab and Hasnain had far better figures than the rest. Shane Watson was going to town on all the other bowlers, but he could barely hit a shot in anger against Mills and Wahab.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    My two cents on Hasnain:

First of all, I am a huge proponent of throwing them in while they're young and raw! That has what made Pakistan cricket - well . . Pakistan cricket! We are known for it . . and we have produced gems like that!

I have watched 3 of his spells . . and it seems the 151 was an aberration . . Most of his balls are in the 140 to 144 region . . which to me, is hardly anything to rave about unless you've got skills to go along with it . . either swing . . or bounce (like Shaheen) . .

All of Hasan, Wahab and Shaheen are also bowling quite a few deliveries in that range . .

Can Hasnain get quicker? Absolutely! But it seems either he isn't there yet or he only pushes himself on a few deliveries . .

But my analysis is:
    1. His run up seems a bit off . . his steps are too long which restricts him from gathering pace to the wicket . . If he can get a smoother run up, perhaps his average speed will be consistently higher
    2. His release doesn't aid any swing at this point . . he has a sling which could be helpful in his effectiveness in reverse swing given the right conditions
    3. At an average speed of 142 kph with his current skills, he won't have a good time of it at the international level where the batsman are not going after him like T20. .

All in all, he has the talent . . I am all for his inclusion . . but he needs to pick up those skills, get his average speed higher and I have no doubt he will given he is only 18!

In the end it could go both way. If he triumphs, then it will be a great decision by PCB and he alongside Shaheen will be the future of our bowling.

Otherwise, the big guys will deliver him phaintas and he will be forgotten.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have a lot of time for Wahab Riaz. He's been a good bowler for us and no one can deny that he has super pace and is a man for the big occasions.

However, is he better than:

- Amir?
    - Hassan?
    - Junaid?
    - Afridi?

The vast majority of people would say no, four times. Therefore, there is no need to invest in him anymore when he is already 34.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big No for Wahab...
    Last edited by imshally81; 14th March 2019 at 19:18.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Who what where

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    My two cents on Hasnain:

But my analysis is:

agree with you; Pakistan should have selected Wahab instead of this new guy