User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

"The facilities at NSK are as good as anywhere else in the world" : Shane Watson

Shane Watson speaking to the press

"It was more of a Sarfaraz Ahmed's decision then mine - I hadnt bowled for 3-4 months even in training as last time I bowled I strained my calf"

"Mohammad Hasnain is an incredibly talented, an incredibly skillful young man"

"There is no question about it; To be able to bowl at the speed he does, and have the control he does as well is unheard of"

"As we saw tonight he is an incredibly special talent and there is no doubt that the Aussie guys will have their work cutout facing him as he bowls very good pace, he's got some good skills, he has a good change of pace as well so they will have to be at their game to play him well"

"The facilities at the NSK are as good as anywhere else in the world, so its very special to be able to play here"

"The Pakistan Australia series will be a big test for Australia and it will be a big challenge; Pakistan have some great fast-bowlers and have some world class batsman as well"

"Wahab only bowled one bouncer to me, whereas in Adelaide he bowled me 5"

"No doubt its always great to play against him and I have some amazing memories of playing against Wahab more because of the result at the end and not that period of time"

"I now know he bowls very fast, but I didnt know at that time until I faced him"

"If I had my time again, I wouldnt have sledged him when he was batting"
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 14th March 2019 at 03:14.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best game in PSL History with good crowd support...

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

"The Pakistan Australia series will be a big test for Australia and it will be a big challenge; Pakistan have some great fast-bowlers and have some world class batsman as wel"
    During IPL Brett Lee started singing indian songs, Australian Cricketers are very smart.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear such positive comments from Watson. When your winning I guess it's easier to be positive.

Really hope we can be fit to host full PSL in pakistan soon. The crowd, atmosphere and competition is full on when playing in Pakistan

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson
    Proud Green Blooded Pakistani

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't expect Watto to say the stadium is really bad. ;)

Tbh, it needs a lot of work, and I hope PCB spends money on it. Plus the other stadiums.

Far from world class.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Video added to OP. Interesting presser to be at. Nice guy Watto.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Video added to OP. Interesting presser to be at. Nice guy Watto.
    Did you ask any questions

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Did you ask any questions
    I wanted to ask about Hasnain but the other guy beat me to it

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    I wanted to ask about Hasnain but the other guy beat me to it
    Should have asked him about Ahsan...

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful to hear the genuine praise Husnain is getting from people actually involved in the PSL. From Waqar Younis to Shane Watson, speaks volumes for the young man's talent.

Pakistan has a potential world class talent here, and he should be taken of and not thrown away into the wilderness after one or two bad performances.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quetta’s Watson reflects on his batting, last over, atmosphere and match-winners

Karachi, 14 March 2019:

Former Australia all-rounder and World Cup winner Shane Watson is an excited man, having guided his Quetta Gladiators to the final of the HBL Pakistan Super League he hopes the elusive title comes their way.

Watson smashed a cracking 71 with five boundaries and half a dozen sixes off just 43 balls to steer his team to an imposing 186 for six before he defended 21 in the last over to give his team a 10-run win over arch-rivals Peshawar Zalmi in the Qualifier on Wednesday.

“It is really exciting,” said Watson. “That was something you had wished before the start of the tournament, you always wanted to get through to the final and give yourself a chance of winning the title.”

Quetta have been on the losing side in the final twice, losing to Islamabad United in 2016 and to Peshawar in 2017.

Watson said the group of players were skillful and that made the final spot possible.

“For me, it’s no surprise that we have been able to make it to the final because we have some match-winners in the team,” said Watson, who leads the run-chart with 423 runs in 11 matches.

Umar Akmal (277), Rilee Rossouw (256 in 11 matches) and Ahmed Shehzad (253 in seven matches) are the other batsmen who are supporting the batting.

Watson, who had not bowled since last year’s IPL in India, said the decision to bowl the last over came off well.

“I think it was more Sarfaraz’s decision than mine,” said Watson of the last over. “I have not bowled for a few months. I had strained my calf and that was reason I was not bowling and concentrating on my batting towards the end of my career.

“It worked up very well. You don’t have such nights when things go your way. Sohail Tanvir and Dwayne Bravo bowled well and it came down to me. It worked out well, but I am not sure that I will bowl another over again.”

Watson admitted he was a bit confused at the start.

“My strategy was what run-up I am gonna use. I had not marked up my run-up and I had a minute to warm up. The ball was reversing and that was my strength when I used to bowl normally. It just meant to be good for me,” said Watson who was hit for six by Kieron Pollard of the third ball before he bowled the West Indian next ball.

Watson said it was incredible to play before a passionate Karachi crowd.

“First of all, it’s incredibly special to be able to play in front of incredible atmosphere and fans. There is no question since I arrived in Karachi. The people are warm and welcoming, as I have experienced them whether they are in Australia or anywhere in the world.

“To be able to play in this atmosphere and I would cherish the opportunity.”

Watson said his confidence in batting is helping him, having notched fourth half-century this season.

“The boundary hitting is what I have done throughout my career. I want to stay at my best, we are playing at some good pitches and things are going my way at the moment. When your confidence is high, things go your way.”

Watson praised young fast bowler Mohammad Hasnain who took two wickets on Wednesday.

“Hasnain is an incredibly skillful young man. The ability to bowl so fast and have the control that he has, is unheard of. I have not seen someone of his age bowl so fast,” said Watson of the 18-year-old Quetta pacer, who has also has been selected in the Pakistan team for the ODI series against Australia starting next week.

“The control over his length and the swing is special. There is no doubt that the Aussie guys will have to work hard to work him out. He has got some good change of pace, so they have to be on their game.”

Watson also backed team-mate Umar, also was recalled to Pakistan team after two years.

“We have seen quite a bit of batting talent. Umar Akmal is one of the best and a skillful batsman, and some of the shots he has played are incredible. He is a match-winner and I am happy that he is back in the (Pakistan) team.

“You don't have so many match-winners and when you have got a match-winner like Umar Akmal, you have to play him.

“For me it was the most disappointing thing to see from afar is how someone’s fitness gets in the way of his skills. He can run between the wickets as long as he wants, he is a great fielder and can stand out in the heat and execute his skills, which are amazing and he can do it for long period of time.

“It happened back in Australia as well, we have got too far caught up in the fitness side of things when cricket is a skill base game. It’s not so many people who have got world-class skills, so we need to make sure that the world-class players are playing international cricket and are not reliant on a fitness test or how far they can run.

“For me that is absolutely ludicrous and if someone can execute his skills against the best then he has to be in the team.”

Name:  d32b2143-bd57-490c-9428-ca26857a1bde.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  200.7 KB

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Quetta’s Watson reflects on his batting, last over, atmosphere and match-winners

Karachi, 14 March 2019:

Former Australia all-rounder and World Cup winner Shane Watson is an excited man, having guided his Quetta Gladiators to the final of the HBL Pakistan Super League he hopes the elusive title comes their way.

Watson smashed a cracking 71 with five boundaries and half a dozen sixes off just 43 balls to steer his team to an imposing 186 for six before he defended 21 in the last over to give his team a 10-run win over arch-rivals Peshawar Zalmi in the Qualifier on Wednesday.

“It is really exciting,” said Watson. “That was something you had wished before the start of the tournament, you always wanted to get through to the final and give yourself a chance of winning the title.”

Quetta have been on the losing side in the final twice, losing to Islamabad United in 2016 and to Peshawar in 2017.

Watson said the group of players were skillful and that made the final spot possible.

“For me, it’s no surprise that we have been able to make it to the final because we have some match-winners in the team,” said Watson, who leads the run-chart with 423 runs in 11 matches.

Umar Akmal (277), Rilee Rossouw (256 in 11 matches) and Ahmed Shehzad (253 in seven matches) are the other batsmen who are supporting the batting.

Watson, who had not bowled since last year’s IPL in India, said the decision to bowl the last over came off well.

“I think it was more Sarfaraz’s decision than mine,” said Watson of the last over. “I have not bowled for a few months. I had strained my calf and that was reason I was not bowling and concentrating on my batting towards the end of my career.

“It worked up very well. You don’t have such nights when things go your way. Sohail Tanvir and Dwayne Bravo bowled well and it came down to me. It worked out well, but I am not sure that I will bowl another over again.”

Watson admitted he was a bit confused at the start.

“My strategy was what run-up I am gonna use. I had not marked up my run-up and I had a minute to warm up. The ball was reversing and that was my strength when I used to bowl normally. It just meant to be good for me,” said Watson who was hit for six by Kieron Pollard of the third ball before he bowled the West Indian next ball.

Watson said it was incredible to play before a passionate Karachi crowd.

“First of all, it’s incredibly special to be able to play in front of incredible atmosphere and fans. There is no question since I arrived in Karachi. The people are warm and welcoming, as I have experienced them whether they are in Australia or anywhere in the world.

“To be able to play in this atmosphere and I would cherish the opportunity.”

Watson said his confidence in batting is helping him, having notched fourth half-century this season.

“The boundary hitting is what I have done throughout my career. I want to stay at my best, we are playing at some good pitches and things are going my way at the moment. When your confidence is high, things go your way.”

Watson praised young fast bowler Mohammad Hasnain who took two wickets on Wednesday.

“Hasnain is an incredibly skillful young man. The ability to bowl so fast and have the control that he has, is unheard of. I have not seen someone of his age bowl so fast,” said Watson of the 18-year-old Quetta pacer, who has also has been selected in the Pakistan team for the ODI series against Australia starting next week.

“The control over his length and the swing is special. There is no doubt that the Aussie guys will have to work hard to work him out. He has got some good change of pace, so they have to be on their game.”

Watson also backed team-mate Umar, also was recalled to Pakistan team after two years.

“We have seen quite a bit of batting talent. Umar Akmal is one of the best and a skillful batsman, and some of the shots he has played are incredible. He is a match-winner and I am happy that he is back in the (Pakistan) team.

“You don't have so many match-winners and when you have got a match-winner like Umar Akmal, you have to play him.

“For me it was the most disappointing thing to see from afar is how someone’s fitness gets in the way of his skills. He can run between the wickets as long as he wants, he is a great fielder and can stand out in the heat and execute his skills, which are amazing and he can do it for long period of time.

“It happened back in Australia as well, we have got too far caught up in the fitness side of things when cricket is a skill base game. It’s not so many people who have got world-class skills, so we need to make sure that the world-class players are playing international cricket and are not reliant on a fitness test or how far they can run.

“For me that is absolutely ludicrous and if someone can execute his skills against the best then he has to be in the team.”

Name:  d32b2143-bd57-490c-9428-ca26857a1bde.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  200.7 KB
    Very strong comments on Umar Akmal, didnt expect them

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure has a lot to say about Umar Akmal

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Sure has a lot to say about Umar Akmal
    This could be some unfinished business from homeworkgate....rather than any real admiration for Umar Akmal!