Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will the entire PSL be held in Pakistan next year?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it will

31 58.49%
  • No chance

16 30.19%
  • Other

6 11.32%
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

Will the entire PSL be held in Pakistan next year?

Imran Khan has made a bold statement that he wants PSL5 to be entirely held in Pakistan.

Do you think this will happen, or is it all talk?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If the PM of a country wants it, he will direct all the resources of the govt to make it happen. The PSL will also boost the local economy and bring in FDI.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why there is if and buts here, next PSL is happening in Pakistan...

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely can happen considering every foreign player associated traveled this time around and players like Alex Hale and Chris Jordan who weren't available for most of the seasons came especially to play Pak leg.

Just need to put in hard work into upgrading few of the stadiums and we will be good to go.

If executed well we will be seeing full houses across Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am more worried about overseas players .i think psl should be hosted in November to get maximum quality players

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't think the whole tournament will be in Pakistan, but more than half the games will be played in Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure if enough stadiums can be renovated in that time.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I think PSL 6 will be the one.

Next season may be a bit too early.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don't know if it will but it's certainly time that it should - the security situation appears far more stable in Pakistan now and if not now then when? Moreover, get the PSL played at home for a full season or two and it will help to get international cricket back too as the international cricketers will tell their domestic teammates about the true security situation in the country.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Not sure if enough stadiums can be renovated in that time.
    You only really need 3 stadiums - perhaps even 2. If the PSL in the UAE can be played at only 3 venues then why not the same number of venues in Pakistan. Lahore, Karachi and one other.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have voted other as I would love and hope it does but my instinct tell me that it's not going to be feasible in 2020.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next psl, just aim for 14-16 games in 3 stadiums, pindi, karachi and lahore. Just a gradual increase will be fine.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It should be but it could all depend on the political climate of India and Pakistan. As long as both countries. Pakistan looks to be a much more safer country.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hoping to see recently retired WC names also be available for PSL

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Hanover Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my question for this year - did we host foriegn players by providing presidential level security, keeping them in lockdown in hotels, shutting down their hotels for others to use, shutting down access to areas around stadium, etc., or did we host them with standard security, the kind we may have had before we stopped hosting teams in pakistan.

if its only possible through presidential level security, hotel lockdown then I dont think its a good idea to expect so many foreign players to just stick to their hotels for a month. maybe a compromise can be to make sharjah be the host for peshawar, abu dhabi or dubai host for quetta, and then pindi, lahore, multan, karachi can be hosts for their teams matches. this may make it a bit harder logisitically but will provide ample breaks.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mon858 View Post
    my question for this year - did we host foriegn players by providing presidential level security, keeping them in lockdown in hotels, shutting down their hotels for others to use, shutting down access to areas around stadium, etc., or did we host them with standard security, the kind we may have had before we stopped hosting teams in pakistan.

if its only possible through presidential level security, hotel lockdown then I dont think its a good idea to expect so many foreign players to just stick to their hotels for a month. maybe a compromise can be to make sharjah be the host for peshawar, abu dhabi or dubai host for quetta, and then pindi, lahore, multan, karachi can be hosts for their teams matches. this may make it a bit harder logisitically but will provide ample breaks.
    Players have roamed around with security. Expecting to leave players security less is unrealistic and never going to happen.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t Multan cricket stadium the most recently built stadium in Pakistan? Should be easier getting that up to speed than others. Lahore, Karachi and Multan should at the very least be all hosting next season.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    You only really need 3 stadiums - perhaps even 2. If the PSL in the UAE can be played at only 3 venues then why not the same number of venues in Pakistan. Lahore, Karachi and one other.
    I agree with you.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not the whole tournament but a majority of it could be in Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    they could try faisalabad as a venue too..the crowd there is always rocking even in test matches..

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its IK's history, he does what he says.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    they could try faisalabad as a venue too..the crowd there is always rocking even in test matches..
    Faisalabad would be a great choice. Nice airport, 5 start Hotel and very close to lahore by road.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IK is am ambitious man- it is why he gets things done.

If this security situation is good for the next 12 months (and he will bear some responsibility for this too) then why not?

It also cleverly puts the pressure on Regions to get their house in order & make sure stadiums are upgraded FASTER instead of dragging their feet. If they are not ready then their own lack of ambition & incompetence is exposed. No-one will want to miss out.

At worst, he will speed up development of infrastucture and allow a chance to see which regions are capably run & you will see MORE PSL in Pakistan.

At best, perhaps you will see MOST PSL in Pakistan. If he can get it ALL in one year then more power to him.

It also normalises more & more foreign players playing regularly in Pakistan without incident & then spreading good stories or positive experiences among the cricket community as they move onto other teams & countries.

All necessary steps for the return of international cricket. You can't have that until you can succesfully host your own domestics at least!

Good to hear and good luck to it.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    IK is am ambitious man- it is why he gets things done.

If this security situation is good for the next 12 months (and he will bear some responsibility for this too) then why not?

It also cleverly puts the pressure on Regions to get their house in order & make sure stadiums are upgraded FASTER instead of dragging their feet. If they are not ready then their own lack of ambition & incompetence is exposed. No-one will want to miss out.

At worst, he will speed up development of infrastucture and allow a chance to see which regions are capably run & you will see MORE PSL in Pakistan.

At best, perhaps you will see MOST PSL in Pakistan. If he can get it ALL in one year then more power to him.

It also normalises more & more foreign players playing regularly in Pakistan without incident & then spreading good stories or positive experiences among the cricket community as they move onto other teams & countries.

All necessary steps for the return of international cricket. You can't have that until you can succesfully host your own domestics at least!

Good to hear and good luck to it.
    If IK puts his weight and force behind it, then not only will the entire PSL will come back to Pakistan next year but international cricket will also come back to Pakistan, but here i am assuming he will direct the government to help the PCB upgrade maximum number of stadiums in Pakistan and provide fool proof security to foreign teams.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pcb should only bring it back to Pakistan if they can provide safety on at least three grounds in pakistan.

Lahore , Karachi and Rawalpindi/Multan. Playing 35 on two grounds is a bit of overdo.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't see that happening. This Pakistan leg is only just over a week and in order to guarantee security to the players they have had to do so much in order to convince foreign players to come, such as shutting down all the roads. This isn't really sustainable for a long period. I think a better idea would be, year by year, try to get more games in Pakistan with each edition. Next year they should try starting the tournament in Pakistan, going back to Dubai then finishing the tournament back in Pakistan. Slowly but surely wins the race.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure, I think atleast half will.

"People don't make good Anchors. They change. The people here are going to change."

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance for next season. We only have two viable stadiums. If I was deciding, I would go with 50/50 for the next two seasons. In the meantime work on upgrading infrastructure of/around Rawalpindi & Multan stadiums so that in season 7, Islamabad/Lahore/Multan/Karachi can play their matches at home. Quetta and Peshawar based out of Dubai (manageable flights) until the security situations/stadiums are in good shape. Who knows what the Pakistan of 2023 will look like. Potentially in season 8, add a 7th team (Hyderabad, Sialkot, etc).

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistani fans in general disgust me, when the PM of a country and now today the President of the country has said that the next PSL is going to be held full fledged in Pakistan next year, then who are we to be so pessimistic. If the full force of the govt is on board it is going to happen, period.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Pakistani fans in general disgust me, when the PM of a country and now today the President of the country has said that the next PSL is going to be held full fledged in Pakistan next year, then who are we to be so pessimistic. If the full force of the govt is on board it is going to happen, period.
    As we have seen the long term future is in PK but events can overtake the best laid plans. And our neighbours will definitely make sure they do

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    As we have seen the long term future is in PK but events can overtake the best laid plans. And our neighbours will definitely make sure they do
    And we will be prepared for our neighbors, whatever they throw at us we will respond in kind to them.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverSir View Post
    No chance for next season. We only have two viable stadiums. If I was deciding, I would go with 50/50 for the next two seasons. In the meantime work on upgrading infrastructure of/around Rawalpindi & Multan stadiums so that in season 7, Islamabad/Lahore/Multan/Karachi can play their matches at home. Quetta and Peshawar based out of Dubai (manageable flights) until the security situations/stadiums are in good shape. Who knows what the Pakistan of 2023 will look like. Potentially in season 8, add a 7th team (Hyderabad, Sialkot, etc).
    I suggest you listen to Ehsan Mani's press conference. They are renovating Rawalpindi stadium and that will be ready for next years PSL. Also Multan is being looked at too and should also be ready when required. That is four stadiums. The first leg could be in Lahore, the second in Multan, the third in Pindi and the final leg of group matches in Karachi. The first eliminator could be played in Lahore and Pindi with the final in Pindi or Lahore..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Relax dude, its only the negative brigade on PP. Pakistani fans in the country love the PSL and are a helluvalot more optimistic than the so called experts on here..

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The players today expect 5 star hotel facilities with recreational options, gyms, swimming pools. In the next few months we are going to inspect the state of the stadiums throughout the country and assess what needs to be done

1) Rawalpindi Stadium

- It is being renovated and upgraded, Rs 100 million has already been spent on it and it should be ready by June-July 2019. Obviously it is not going to be like the National Stadium but its good enough

2) Multan Stadium

- We have a good stadium in Multan, it is close to 5 star facilities, it will need some upgrading ofcourse

I realistically expect that we can get 4-5 stadiums in Pakistan up and running for the next PSL in 2020 and that way each stadium can have an average of 7-8 games in total

3) Hyderabad Stadium

- The CM of Sindh urged that we hold a few PSL matches in Hyderabad next year, but the problem is we don't have any ownership of the stadium and the stadium over there is in very bad shape, there are also no floodlights in Hyderabad and there are no 5 star facilities close by so it will be a logistical problem

- I told the CM if he wants it done then he has to work on the stadium and do something about the 5 star facilities

4) Miranshah Credit Stadium

- I have been told that there is a good stadium there

5) Shahid Afridi Cricket Stadium in Fata

- I have been told that there is a good stadium there

6) Muzzafarabad Cricket Stadium

- I have been told that there is not only a good Cricket Stadium there but there is also an Excellent 5 star Pearl Continental Hotel close by as well. If we can even hold one PSL game there, we will do it and DGISPR has assured us that he will provide us with all the logistical support that we need
    Ehsan Mani's comments during the press conference today

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I suggest you listen to Ehsan Mani's press conference. They are renovating Rawalpindi stadium and that will be ready for next years PSL. Also Multan is being looked at too and should also be ready when required. That is four stadiums. The first leg could be in Lahore, the second in Multan, the third in Pindi and the final leg of group matches in Karachi. The first eliminator could be played in Lahore and Pindi with the final in Pindi or Lahore..
    How do the Indians do it in the IPL? I doubt that they play more than one game at a stretch on one wicket or stadium, two or more consecutive games in a stadium has a negative impact on the stadium

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do the Indians do it in the IPL? I doubt that they play more than one game at a stretch on one wicket or stadium, two or more consecutive games in a stadium has a negative impact on the stadium
    If we can get Pindi, Lahore, Multan, Karachi up and running...we can get home and away matches going for the home teams based there. Quetta and Peshwar mixing up their matches between the stadiums.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehsan Mani's comments during the press conference today
    So basically Pindi and Multan should be ready to hold some games next year. Wish someone had asked him about the status of Peshawar's stadium renovations.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Dubai/Glasgow*
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would personally say, another one or two years before the full PSL is shifted back to Pakistan. A bit too early to consider the full PSL in Pakistan.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Google+, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cities canít be at standstill for 5 weeks and the players canít be couped up for that long in hotels either.

Itís a worthy lofty goal and a lot of work will have to be done in the next year.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Lot depends on what happens during this year. Security and visits by some international teams would be important

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entire BPL is usually played at 2-3 stadiums. We can easily renovate Pindi, Faislabad and Multan stadium in a year, that will give us 5 stadiums which will be more than enough. If no major security related incident takes place in next year than there is no reason why we cannot move entire PSL to Pakistan.