Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2019 Season

So with the UK sun preparing to peek out from behind the clouds that means it's almost time for cricket. What is everybody's goals for this year?

Have I finally learned how to bat well enough in my old age to average 30+ for the season?

Has @hadi123 become the next Mohammed Azharuddin with his mastery of wristy legside flicks?

Will @rahulrulezz try and kill himself by playing four games in a weekend again?

And the most important question, will @shaz619 finally gather the courage to come and get his phainty before Brexit happens?

Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Am going to return next summer @Big Mac to end your career for good
    It's been nearly 2 years son, come and get it

@Rana @Suleiman @Kiri @mastersaan10 @babajee

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha. Can't wait. But can mods change this to 2019 season please as title says 2018. @MenInG @Abdullah719

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah good shout, that's what I get for making threads when it's past my bedtime

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haha, just saw this thread.

Going to be captaining our T20 side this season. Let's see how it goes

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haven't picked up a bat since last summer but might be playing a preseason friendly this Saturday. Should be interesting

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bowled 3 overs for 15 but had to take myself out of the attack because my spinning finger was starting to hurt so yeah, I think my bowling days are definitely finished

Went in at 3 and scored 44 runs before edging to slip playing a lazy defensive shot and I also took a couple of catches in the field.

All in all not a bad start to the preseason, this old man still has some life left in him

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First game of the season tomorrow, got 44 and 36 in my two preseason games.

Last week was rained off, its been raining the last couple of days as well so tomorrow should be nice and damp and cold.

Perfect batting conditions

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got absolutely hammered in the coldest game I've ever played. (There was hail and even a bit of snow when we were fielding!) Opposition scored 320 and when I came in to bat at #5 we needed to score something like 270 runs at 10+ an over and like an idiot I actually tried to go for it and got dismissed for 18 and we were dismissed for around 120.

In hindsight I should probably have treated it like a net session and just batted 20-30 overs but I'm not really wired like that.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First match of the season today. Was supposed to be playing for the 2nd XI but as the 3rd team only had 9, the 2nd xi skipper said to give me to the 3rd team so they'd have 10 players each. I had figures of 8-3-33-0, I bowled really well up front, got smacked a bit at the death though which is natural when bowling to set batsmen. I took a catch too.

Batting wise, I came in last and the game was gone, still needed like 80 runs of the final 2 overs so they put on some bowlers who clearly don't normally bowl, so I scored 10* off about 7 balls, hit 2 fours.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bowled the other team out for 94 on a terrible wet, sticky wicket.

Then I got a 3rd ball duck and we were bowled out for 34.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y`all are lucky you guys play in the England, the pitches over there are great and groundsmen are keen and dedicated to take care of the pitches 24/7 to provide the best playing conditions for the players. The pitches in America are absolute trash, the outfield grass is 5 inches tall and all the pitches are synthetic. There are natural wickets here in the Us but they are absolute trash and have unpredictable bounce and they are horribly taken care of. I`m about to captain the team next tournament, cant wait

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week with Watford being in the FA Cup final it's gonna be a great struggle for teams in Hertfordshire to get strong teams out as so many people will be at Wembley. My club for example, easily 20+ people aren't available due to Watford being in the final. There's absolutely no chance we'll be able to get 3 teams out.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    This week with Watford being in the FA Cup final it's gonna be a great struggle for teams in Hertfordshire to get strong teams out as so many people will be at Wembley. My club for example, easily 20+ people aren't available due to Watford being in the final. There's absolutely no chance we'll be able to get 3 teams out.
    Yep. Both our 2nd and our 3rd XI conceded. So no match tomorrow. This was inevitable though and a one off, I'm sure we're not the only club to be affected by the FA Cup final.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll have to keep wicket tomorrow, I'd hoped to just hide at slip for 20 overs to save my energy during Ramadhan but looks like I'll have a tough day in the field

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulm123 View Post
    Y`all are lucky you guys play in the England, the pitches over there are great and groundsmen are keen and dedicated to take care of the pitches 24/7 to provide the best playing conditions for the players. The pitches in America are absolute trash, the outfield grass is 5 inches tall and all the pitches are synthetic. There are natural wickets here in the Us but they are absolute trash and have unpredictable bounce and they are horribly taken care of. I`m about to captain the team next tournament, cant wait
    You haven't seen our home wicket