User Tag List

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are there no non-Muslim cricketers active in Pakistan?

Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Interesting thoughts on a topic that has been talked about a lot but has not been addressed.

Why aren't Asian cricketers in the UK making it to the highest level?
    The situation in Pakistan is WORSE as compared to England and yet no even talks about it.

"Why are there no non-Muslim cricketer active in Pakistan ?

Forget the national team, there isn't even one non-Muslim cricketer in the 12 (6 first XI + 6 second XI) provincial teams, yet no one even raises this question. The media (print + digital) in Pakistan doesn't pay a heed to this major lapse, they are so envious of Wasim Khan's salary that they can't see beyond it.

@Saj can you please raise this question witj the higher mangament of PCB (Ehsan Mani, Wasim Khan, Nadeem Khan) and ask about what they are planning to do to include the minorities in Pakistan.

Demographics of Pakistan:-
    (Source:- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reli...es_in_Pakistan )
    In 2012, according to the Government of Pakistan's National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA), the population of officially registered religious minorities in Pakistan was as follows:[19]

Hindus: 1,414,527
    Christians: 1,270,051
    Ahmadis: 125,681
    Baha'is: 33,734
    Sikhs: 6,146
    Parsis: 4,020
    Buddhists: 1,492
    Others: 66,898

There must be a few good cricketers in such a huge population comprising of minorities.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    The situation in Pakistan is WORSE as compared to England and yet no even talks about it.

Forget the national team, there isn't even one non-Muslim cricketer in the 12 (6 first XI + 6 second XI) provincial teams, yet no one even raises this question. The media (print + digital) in Pakistan doesn't pay a heed to this major lapse, they are so envious of Wasim Khan's salary that they can't see beyond it.

@Saj can you please raise this question witj the higher mangament of PCB (Ehsan Mani, Wasim Khan, Nadeem Khan) and ask about what they are planning to do to include the minorities in Pakistan.

In 2012, according to the Government of Pakistan's National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA), the population of officially registered religious minorities in Pakistan was as follows:[19]

There must be a few good cricketers in such a huge population comprising of minorities.
    Lol the proportion of south Asians in England compared to the proportion of minorities in Pakistan can’t be compared. Add the fact that a large no of south Asians are really into cricket in the uk , makes your comments ridiculous.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Tough question but possibly belongs to the wider question of minority representation in Pakistan.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ahmadis have no chance to represent Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I raised this same question once and was told that hindus mostly reside in Sindh region where cricket is not famous. Thus no hindu players represent Pakistan. Not sure about other minorities.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Ahmadis have no chance to represent Pakistan.
    I can tell you that a guy from an Qadyani background has represented PK and still around the PK squad.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I can tell you that a guy from an Qadyani background has represented PK and still around the PK squad.
    No you can’t. We all would know him

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don’t need the closet Ahmadis representing Pakistan. They should be allowed to represent Pakistan without having to hide their faith. What’s the point when Ahmadis are speculating about people possibly belonging to their community?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Considering the total population is above 230mn, the non Muslim percentage is around 1.2~1.3; by that note, it’s really difficult for minorities to make the highest level, unless there is some quota applied. Still, in last 20 years Youhana & Kaneria did make the squad and could have a longer career. I think, there was an Ahmadi cricketer playing for PAK in 1975 WC and he was hard done by for sure. I see few non Muslim names and n domestic circuits but their performance is not note worthy to make it to national level without a quota. Only Ahmadia in recent days with some notable numbers in Sadaf, who did get a National call but didn’t get any game.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    There was a Sikh guy training at the NCA not so long ago.

But things have gone quiet about him recently.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question is: is there any discrimination involved in non-Muslims not coming up or is it just the fact that there aren't many getting into cricket and those that are, aren't good at the moment?

My feeling is there isn't systemic discrimination but really, it is for people closer to grass roots cricket to tell.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why are we so fixated on race/religion? Disparity does not mean discrimination.

In this century we've had 2 non Muslim cricketers in the national team, that's pretty good for a country that's what? 99% Muslim?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

PCB included a Sick guy in this promotional video for the National T20 Cup. There also may be a Christian guy? One of the guys is wearing a shirt of some Bible Chapel.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Why are we so fixated on race/religion? Disparity does not mean discrimination.

In this century we've had 2 non Muslim cricketers in the national team, that's pretty good for a country that's what? 99% Muslim?
    I have to agree. Only talented players should represent a country at the highest level. Race, religion, caste should never be the barometer for selection.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker_Ind View Post
    I have to agree. Only talented players should represent a country at the highest level. Race, religion, caste should never be the barometer for selection.
    This modern view of looking at everything through the lens of race, or sex, or religion is very toxic. There will always be randomness in the world, it doesn't mean there's discrimination.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be talking about Mahinder Pal Singh (right handed fast-medium) from Nankana Sahib.
    He has been selected by Lahore Qalandars in Qalandars ke Sikandars program(2020).
    The link of the video confirming this news:-
    https://youtu.be/qsP_qmQfAbo

I will be keeping an eye on his development for sure.

If possible @MenInG please arrange an interview with him for the talent spotter section on PP.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No you can’t. We all would know him
    I can't if he doesn't want to. But I can tell that his background was Qadyani.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Considering the total population is above 230mn, the non Muslim percentage is around 1.2~1.3; by that note, it’s really difficult for minorities to make the highest level, unless there is some quota applied. Still, in last 20 years Youhana & Kaneria did make the squad and could have a longer career. I think, there was an Ahmadi cricketer playing for PAK in 1975 WC and he was hard done by for sure. I see few non Muslim names and n domestic circuits but their performance is not note worthy to make it to national level without a quota. Only Ahmadia in recent days with some notable numbers in Sadaf, who did get a National call but didn’t get any game.
    I get your point but i am not talking about just the national team, none of the provincial teams be it the first or the second squad have even a single player from the minorty community. Cricket is the number one sport in the subcontinent, there must be boys/girls in the minorty community willing to play and try their luck but what is preventing them from taking up the sport at the professional level?
    Have the PCB made cricket an unrealistic, distant dream for them or are they scared to play with or against the majority community?
    How are they taking up the Danish Kaneria ban or Yousuf's conversion to Islam?
    Do they still believe that Danish was trapped or Yousuf was forced to convert?
    Have the PCB tried to explain them that they are fair and selections are only based on performance?

These are relevant questions from the point of a non Pakistani like me whose connnection with Pakistan is cricket. When i look at India and Bangladesh there are active cricketers from their minorities at the National level (Sri Lanka had Md Shamaz in their u19 squad) yet Pakistan has not even a single one even in their domestic set up, this is t something to be proud of.

There might be another Yousuf, Kaneria some where in there but he/she might be hesitant to pursue cricket as a profession. This is where the PCB needs to come on and help their inclusion at the club level and the city cricket associations at the very least. I would expect @Saj and @MenInG to raise this issue with Wasim Khan, if possible, he is one guy who would show interest.

Ending this with the list of non muslims cricketers who had represented Pakistan:-
    1 Wallis Mathias.
    2 Duncan Sharpe
    3 Antao D’Souza
    4 Anil Dalpat
    5 Sohail Fazal
    6 Yousuf Youhana (now Md Yousuf)
    7 Danish Kaneria

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I can't if he doesn't want to. But I can tell that his background was Qadyani.
    But what’s the point when the guy can’t play unless he hides his faith?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think this is a non issue, the percentage of non muslims in pakistan is just too low.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Don’t need the closet Ahmadis representing Pakistan. They should be allowed to represent Pakistan without having to hide their faith. What’s the point when Ahmadis are speculating about people possibly belonging to their community?
    Dude if they “come out of the closet” they’ll ruin their careers because of Pakistani culture. It’s difficult. Save your judgment for those not petrified of calling themselves Muslim

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    I think this is a non issue, the percentage of non muslims in pakistan is just too low.
    Come on, it's a discussion we definitely need to be having.

I simply cannot buy the claim that there isn't discrimination against non-Muslims in the pathways leading towards high level cricket in Pakistan. I'd also be shocked if these days some Muslim cricketers in India aren't finding their progression blocked too.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I get your point but i am not talking about just the national team, none of the provincial teams be it the first or the second squad have even a single player from the minorty community. Cricket is the number one sport in the subcontinent, there must be boys/girls in the minorty community willing to play and try their luck but what is preventing them from taking up the sport at the professional level?
    Have the PCB made cricket an unrealistic, distant dream for them or are they scared to play with or against the majority community?
    How are they taking up the Danish Kaneria ban or Yousuf's conversion to Islam?
    Do they still believe that Danish was trapped or Yousuf was forced to convert?
    Have the PCB tried to explain them that they are fair and selections are only based on performance?

These are relevant questions from the point of a non Pakistani like me whose connnection with Pakistan is cricket. When i look at India and Bangladesh there are active cricketers from their minorities at the National level (Sri Lanka had Md Shamaz in their u19 squad) yet Pakistan has not even a single one even in their domestic set up, this is t something to be proud of.

There might be another Yousuf, Kaneria some where in there but he/she might be hesitant to pursue cricket as a profession. This is where the PCB needs to come on and help their inclusion at the club level and the city cricket associations at the very least. I would expect @Saj and @MenInG to raise this issue with Wasim Khan, if possible, he is one guy who would show interest.

Ending this with the list of non muslims cricketers who had represented Pakistan:-
    1 Wallis Mathias.
    2 Duncan Sharpe
    3 Antao D’Souza
    4 Anil Dalpat
    5 Sohail Fazal
    6 Yousuf Youhana (now Md Yousuf)
    7 Danish Kaneria

Naseer Malik was an Ahmadi & he was harshly treated. Going by past history, I think, PAKs younger generations are much more open (liberal) in terms of religion/cast, race, language or ethnicity hence the society is more closely bonded than may be till 1980s when Islam was shoved down the throat..... now it’s just an issue of percentage, I believe.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    its not just about playing for pakistan, i remember about 10 to 15 years ago you had lal kumar, rajesh ramesh, stephen john, and a few other guys around the system.

non muslims make up about 4% of the population (latest estimates), so out of 150 odd professional cricketers 5 or 6 should be minorities if it was in that ratio.

historically this was the case, its only the last 5 or 10 years that have seen the complete disappearance of religious minorities from the cricket set up.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    its not just about playing for pakistan, i remember about 10 to 15 years ago you had lal kumar, rajesh ramesh, stephen john, and a few other guys around the system.

non muslims make up about 4% of the population (latest estimates), so out of 150 odd professional cricketers 5 or 6 should be minorities if it was in that ratio.

historically this was the case, its only the last 5 or 10 years that have seen the complete disappearance of religious minorities from the cricket set up.
    This is the exact issue I am trying to raise.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are plenty of non muslims playing domestic cricket in Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Naseer Malik was an Ahmadi & he was harshly treated. Going by past history, I think, PAKs younger generations are much more open (liberal) in terms of religion/cast, race, language or ethnicity hence the society is more closely bonded than may be till 1980s when Islam was shoved down the throat..... now it’s just an issue of percentage, I believe.
    I didn't know about this guy.

His cricinfo record as a bowler is pretty good for him to have played only 3 ODIs. In two of those he was the standout bowler, and in the thirds he chipped in well. This in a team with young Imran Khan, Sarfaraz Nawaz, and also Mushtaq Mohammed. And all abroad.

Even his FC record is very good. Bowling average of 24.87 over 72 games.

However did this guy play on 3 ODIs?

Whatever happened? I don't mean to hijack the thread but would love to know. He died at the age of 49.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryin Out Loud View Post
    I didn't know about this guy.

His cricinfo record as a bowler is pretty good for him to have played only 3 ODIs. In two of those he was the standout bowler, and in the thirds he chipped in well. This in a team with young Imran Khan, Sarfaraz Nawaz, and also Mushtaq Mohammed. And all abroad.

Even his FC record is very good. Bowling average of 24.87 over 72 games.

However did this guy play on 3 ODIs?

Whatever happened? I don't mean to hijack the thread but would love to know. He died at the age of 49.
    This article mentions him

https://www.thecricketmonthly.com/st...-the-green-cap

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly surprising. Pakistan is not a welcoming place for minorities. Our society needs to change a lot.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are there even any minorities left in Pakistan?

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Minorities like to keep a low profile in Pakistan. And cricket is a high profile sport in the country. In the age of social media, one viral net session can elevate your profile. So it makes sense that there aren’t many players coming from religious minorities in Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pakistan does have an issue, but india isnt much better imo.

shami not withstanding they have very little religious diversity in their consistent selections, apart from whom i think all of indias consistent selections over the last 5 years (10 odd games a year minimum) have been hindus. i may be wrong if there are sikhs or christians in there with hindu sounding names. for a country with 20 to 25% minorities religious minorities, that isnt great imo.
    Last edited by Saj; 27th September 2020 at 17:18.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

shami not withstanding they have very little religious diversity in their consistent selections, apart from whom i think all of indias consistent selections over the last 5 years (10 odd games a year minimum) have been hindus. i may be wrong if there are sikhs or christians in there with hindu sounding names. for a country with 20 to 25% minorities religious minorities, that isnt great imo.
    “But but but India”- thats probably relebant in a lot of arguments (never a justification or an excuse) but India have had MANY non Hindus in the past 20 years. Top of my head: Harbhajan, Yuvraj, Shami, karo, irfan Pathan, Yusuf Pathan, varun Aaron, some pervez guy. India doesn’t have that problem

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of non muslims playing domestic cricket in Pakistan.
    Not really.
    Name:  1stnt.php(2).jpg
Views: 330
Size:  127.3 KB Name:  2ndt.php.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  133.3 KB

Check for yourself. These are the squad for National T20, same is true for QeA too.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In India, atleast in cricket there has never been any discrimantion based on religion. There are only zonal biases in team selection - Eastern zone selectors prefers player from East, Mumbai selector prefers player from Mumbai etc.

Azharuddin was our captain in 3 world cups (most by any Indian skipper). Our most belived wicketkeeper before Dhoni emerged was Syed Kirmani. Likes of Shami, Pathan brothers, Zak, Kaif never faced any discrimination. Atrocious bowlers like Khaleel Ahmed, Mohammed Siraj, Shadab Jakarti, Shabaz Nadeem, Kamran Khan - all of them either represented India or bagged good IPL contracts. Even Parwez Rasool, who disrespected Indian flag played for Indian national team.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Don't be ignorant and please stop watching banana republic tv, chee news and mazak tak.
    Total minorities(excluding Shia's) in Pakistan is 2,922,549 which is a decent total.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    “But but but India”- thats probably relebant in a lot of arguments (never a justification or an excuse) but India have had MANY non Hindus in the past 20 years. Top of my head: Harbhajan, Yuvraj, Shami, karo, irfan Pathan, Yusuf Pathan, varun Aaron, some pervez guy. India doesn’t have that problem
    To add to this,
    Many of them held important roles in indian team, Some of them were amongst the most influential cricketers of their time ex pataudi,Bishan singh bedi, azharuddin, syed kirmani, farokh engineer, nari contractor.

Irfan pathan was the blue eyed boy of indian cricket and everyone loved him,
    Cricket in India has always been secular.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    To add to this,
    Many of them held important roles in indian team, Some of them were amongst the most influential cricketers of their time ex pataudi,Bishan singh bedi, azharuddin, syed kirmani, farokh engineer, nari contractor.

Irfan pathan was the blue eyed boy of indian cricket and everyone loved him,
    Cricket in India has always been secular.
    Cricket and Bollywood these two industries(if i am allowed to call them one) have been pretty liberal and secular in the past apart from a few case, most notabe one of Dilip Kumar who had to change his real name to be acceptable to the masses, but the current drama and negativity created by these news channel around Bollywood to project it as bullywood might turn things around.

Hate has started prevailing in India in recent years it needs to be checked or things will only turn ugly.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't be ignorant and please stop watching banana republic tv, chee news and mazak tak.
    Total minorities(excluding Shia's) in Pakistan is 2,922,549 which is a decent total.
    Thank you for the info. Looks like minorities in Pakistan do still exist.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be nice too see a minority in the Pakistani team

And would love to see a Balochi or sheedi player as well one day

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajdeep View Post
    In India, atleast in cricket there has never been any discrimantion based on religion. There are only zonal biases in team selection - Eastern zone selectors prefers player from East, Mumbai selector prefers player from Mumbai etc.

Azharuddin was our captain in 3 world cups (most by any Indian skipper). Our most belived wicketkeeper before Dhoni emerged was Syed Kirmani. Likes of Shami, Pathan brothers, Zak, Kaif never faced any discrimination. Atrocious bowlers like Khaleel Ahmed, Mohammed Siraj, Shadab Jakarti, Shabaz Nadeem, Kamran Khan - all of them either represented India or bagged good IPL contracts. Even Parwez Rasool, who disrespected Indian flag played for Indian national team.
    thats why i said recently, i know india didnt have an issue with this historically.

maybe non-hindu players arent as good now, fair enough, that could be the case for pak, or it could be a deeper lying issue of a lack of involvement at the grass roots level. cant really say unless u involved in the system.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i was saying that as a reply to a post which seems to have been deleted now, my post is out of context now.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    hindus are the largest growing religious group in pakistan according to some data. there's anywhere between 3 to 5 million if the trend from 87 to 2017 is extrapolated, 8 million if Pakistan hindu council data is quoted, either way there is a signficant population.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm they are there in IPL though and also regularly make U-19.. Avesh, Khalil, Sarfaraz, Subhman Gill,Mohammed Siraj, also Dhawan and Bumrah are Sikh..

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Venue
    America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really.
    Name:  1stnt.php(2).jpg
Views: 330
Size:  127.3 KB Name:  2ndt.php.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  133.3 KB

Check for yourself. These are the squad for National T20, same is true for QeA too.
    Yes but it's proportion to their population share, barely 3.xxx%

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably the same reason why Yorkshire doesn't have Asian cricketer's bar one or two. Nothing surprising though. Pakistan is a Muslim nation and I don't expect a non Muslim to play at the national level.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fitCricFan View Post
    Probably the same reason why Yorkshire doesn't have Asian cricketer's bar one or two. Nothing surprising though. Pakistan is a Muslim nation and I don't expect a non Muslim to play at the national level.
    exactly so don't complain about racism. everyone are bigots or racists in a way.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think more than non Muslims the bigger question is why are there no Shia Muslims in the pakistan squad.

Rumors persist that all those years Sadaf Hussain was topping domestic charts but didn’t get an international call jp was due to being Shia

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think more than non Muslims the bigger question is why are there no Shia Muslims in the pakistan squad.

Rumors persist that all those years Sadaf Hussain was topping domestic charts but didn’t get an international call jp was due to being Shia
    If you had seen Sadaf Hussain bowl in the last QeA season(2019) you would know exactly why he wasn't selected. He is a complete trundler with the red Kookaburra almost like Colin de Grandhomme.

Green pitches along with Grays ball have done the most damage to Pakistan cricket. Mir Hamza, Sadaf Hussain and Tabish Khan have highly inflated stats, look at their stats each one of them resembles Malcolm Marshall's stat yet are completely useless with red Kookaburra.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    If you had seen Sadaf Hussain bowl in the last QeA season(2019) you would know exactly why he wasn't selected. He is a complete trundler with the red Kookaburra almost like Colin de Grandhomme.

Green pitches along with Grays ball have done the most damage to Pakistan cricket. Mir Hamza, Sadaf Hussain and Tabish Khan have highly inflated stats, look at their stats each one of them resembles Malcolm Marshall's stat yet are completely useless with red Kookaburra.
    Sadaf is 31 now almost. He was putting those chart topping numbers year after year in his mid 20s when pacers are at their peak. So it is possible that he is simply past it now.

Similar arguments to what you are making for Safaf’s non-inclusion were made for Abbas who was putting amazing numbers year after year before he finally belatedly got a chance in his late 20s. His performances in international cricket are there for everyone to see and show that he should have been called up a few years earlier if anything.

Sadaf may not have done well in international cricket for whatever reasons you mentioned bu the fact is that we don’t know what actually happened. And based on domestic cricket records he deserved to get a recall at the very least. His record may have asterisks due to a faulty system but that is not his fault and he did everything required to atleast get a look in. And besides it’s not that we were playing some world beating talent anyway at that point as part of our pace attack.