User Tag List

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Where did Rashid Khan, Sandeep Lamichanne and Mujeeb-ur-Rehman learn their variations from?

It surprises me a lot seeing the likes of Rashid khan, lamichanne, mujeeb and the plethora of slow left arm chinamans in Afghanistan. Where exactly did they learn and perfect variations such as the googly and carrom ball.

For example, lamichanne from Nepal. Where would he have learnt control over the legbreak and googly and who would have guided him.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cricket in Pakistan and Afhganistan is very different.

Here what happens is that poor kids who like the game and their cricekting heroes spent 8-10 hours a day bowling in the nets.

Many Afghani's have learned their game in Pakistan, and many still play clubs over here.

You will be surprised to know that in Pakistan there are also many Rashids and mujeebs, only difference is that our cricket isn't properly strcutured.

We don't know how we will get to the next level, what are the comparisons. WHen we dont get anything in return we just quietly quit

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

Here what happens is that poor kids who like the game and their cricekting heroes spent 8-10 hours a day bowling in the nets.

Many Afghani's have learned their game in Pakistan, and many still play clubs over here.

You will be surprised to know that in Pakistan there are also many Rashids and mujeebs, only difference is that our cricket isn't properly strcutured.

We don't know how we will get to the next level, what are the comparisons. WHen we dont get anything in return we just quietly quit
    I don’t agree bro. If we had rashids and mujeebs somehow theyd still get to the top. No matter what.

Even then, the current leg spinners we have why haven’t they learnt from these Pakistani coaches that trained and taught rashid and mujeeb all the skills. Yasir shah can’t even bowl a googly still. And our offspinners can’t even land the ball in one place let alone know the carrom ball.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
    I don’t agree bro. If we had rashids and mujeebs somehow theyd still get to the top. No matter what.

Even then, the current leg spinners we have why haven’t they learnt from these Pakistani coaches that trained and taught rashid and mujeeb all the skills. Yasir shah can’t even bowl a googly still. And our offspinners can’t even land the ball in one place let alone know the carrom ball.
    nope they wont. i have seen alot of talented guys in club cricket who couldn't go to the top because there isnt a proper structure in place.

We don't know what we are suppose to do to play first class cricket.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lol, thank you mr. Miandad, like in every street you have Mohammad Irfan's. We know there is alot of talent in Pakistan, no doubt, but people tend to overdo this stuff. If you have an exceptional talent you will be noticed eventually. Yes, you have those guys who look very talented, but a closer look suggest they are after all not that good.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Lol, thank you mr. Miandad, like in every street you have Mohammad Irfan's. We know there is alot of talent in Pakistan, no doubt, but people tend to overdo this stuff. If you have an exceptional talent you will be noticed eventually. Yes, you have those guys who look very talented, but a closer look suggest they are after all not that good.
    bro, i have played club cricket.

and no they do not get noticed.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? The Afghani players have never once mentioned it.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2020 View Post
    the ones that came before the Mohammad Shahzad Generation did mention it, but the ones coming in after do not because of politcal tension.

THe Afghan board doesn't like this. Mohammad SHzhad was once playing a club tournament in Peshawar and he was called back, thats how pathetic their board is.

Dawlat Zadran's brother plays in rawalpindi

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    underprivalige players learn their skills on the streets. They become some of the best in the business eventually!

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Growing up I was a very good leggie, despite having small hands and small, skinny fingers I turned the ball a lot, raised through the rankings very quickly. Along the way I only received praise. Everyone for sure thought I'd play for the state side at least and this was before IPL. Everything was good until I actually bowled along U-19 state spinners. Then I knew I was delusional.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    3rd Rock from an average star :)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Realromeo View Post
    Growing up I was a very good leggie, despite having small hands and small, skinny fingers I turned the ball a lot, raised through the rankings very quickly. Along the way I only received praise. Everyone for sure thought I'd play for the state side at least and this was before IPL. Everything was good until I actually bowled along U-19 state spinners. Then I knew I was delusional.
    same here, only with batting .. only when i was in camps for under 16 in late 90s that i realized how many others were out their better than me :-( there is a huge gap and once we are these camps it gets very visible. i could never make it to U-19 state team.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's because they;re namak haraam, as a nation. They get fake Pakistani ids in Pakistan, go abroad and then diss pakistan for everything bad with afghans. In other words, i call it namak ******. Rashid khan is no different.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nepalis have strong ties to Indian culture and sports. They are as crazy as Indians, about Indian movies, songs. Many nepalese work in India as goorkhas. Many actors/actresses have come from Nepal.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    U.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can watch harsha bhogle's vid with Rashid Khan he says he was a refugee in pak.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    anyone can learn from street cricket..

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    anyone can learn from street cricket..
    I saw an interview by Ashwin where he claimed that the carrom ball was developed when playing tennis ball tournaments.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsWarrior View Post
    same here, only with batting .. only when i was in camps for under 16 in late 90s that i realized how many others were out their better than me :-( there is a huge gap and once we are these camps it gets very visible. i could never make it to U-19 state team.
    I never made it to the U-19 state either. But I played district cricket so I played along guys who actually played state and some U-19 WC. I played U-17 for my state. I played along Ashwin, he is a year younger than me and he played mainly as a batsmen then. The biggest difference was the accuracy, you have to bowl at certain pace and if you miss it by 6 inches you are done for. I bowled Leg Spin mainly, I had a very good turn, flight and pace but I couldn't land where I wanted. I don't mean bowl too short or too full, miss by inches and the ball is gone. The worst is you never get a 2nd chance and once you fall off you go down the drain that was it.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I saw an interview by Ashwin where he claimed that the carrom ball was developed when playing tennis ball tournaments.
    In India most don't play tape ball cricket, we play tennis ball cricket, so it is a batsmen's game no matter what. Most tennis ball matches involve bowling from stumps without run up so it is very hard to bowl off spin or leg spin by just tossing it from one place. So lot of finger works goes on it.