Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 69 of 69
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    107,046
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

    Should there be a stop put on international cricket in New Zealand due to the terrorist attack?





    "Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Illahi Rajiyoon"

    First of all, our sincerest condolences to those affected by this terrorist attack.

    This thread is by no means done to undermine the pain and suffering of the victims.

    The idea of the thread is a simple one and is a logical question which deserves a logical answer or your view.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,875
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When cricket was stopped in Pakistan, Sri Lankan terror attack was one of many many bombings/attacks happening on a daily basis. Law and order was in very bad shape and even people living in Pakistan feared for their safety.

    NZ situation or that of London after the attacks is different because overall law and order is good - unless the attacks are unrelenting and widespread across the country.

    On Pakistan the situation in the country is now completely different.

    The better question OP should pose is: Is Pakistan ready to host normal cricket?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,749
    Mentioned
    1095 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    No.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    5,754
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, based on off incident but International cricket should resume in Pak as well as its been over ten years since the attack and the law and order situation is much better.

    Had it been in India I would definitely said YES with a big mouth.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    107,046
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    When cricket was stopped in Pakistan, Sri Lankan terror attack was one of many many bombings/attacks happening on a daily basis. Law and order was in very bad shape and even people living in Pakistan feared for their safety.

    NZ situation or that of London after the attacks is different because overall law and order is good - unless the attacks are unrelenting and widespread across the country.

    On Pakistan the situation in the country is now completely different.

    The better question OP should pose is: Is Pakistan ready to host normal cricket?
    But this a question many in Pakistan will ask and its right that it be debated.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,875
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    But this a question many in Pakistan will ask and its right that it be debated.
    To me it is a denial of reality. Pakistan's house was not in order. Their house is in order. This is one incident. Pakistan had hundreds a year.

    If, heavens forbid, this happens in NZ on a regular basis, there should definitely be a debate.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,875
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    2,466
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SL team was specifically targeted.

    Bang team was not.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    11,266
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's only reserved for Pakistan.

    It might give other boards something to think about. You cannot punish the whole nation for a few cowards. Like NZ fans, Pakistani people also love cricket and want to see their players in action.

    Things happen in other countries as well, but cricket goes on there. Why shouldn't it in Pak as well if proper security is provided?

    International cricket shouldn't suffer because of a few cowards.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    107,046
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    To me it is a denial of reality. Pakistan's house was not in order. Their house is in order. This is one incident. Pakistan had hundreds a year.

    If, heavens forbid, this happens in NZ on a regular basis, there should definitely be a debate.
    ok so in your view a one off incident like this is fine but you draw the line when 2,3 happen?

    Remember the only thing that tipped the scales was an attack on cricketers in Pakistan.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,970
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Simple answer, NO!

    There's a difference between what happened in Pakistan and what happened here. The only similarities are both were done for ultimate carnage and pure hatred.

    THAT'S IT!


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    81,473
    Mentioned
    5951 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Everyone who is ridiculously juxtaposing what happened in New Zealand to what happened in Pakistan in March 2009 needs to understand the following:

    The Bangladeshi team was not specifically targeted. They simply happened to be where the attack was carried out. The Sri Lankan team was specifically targeted and their presence was the reason why the terrorist attack was carried out.

    In 2002, there was a bomb blast right next to the hotel of the New Zealand team in Karachi. However, that did not stop teams from touring Pakistan. Teams only stopped when there was a direct attack on a cricket team.

    If a team is directly attacked in New Zealand or any other country, it will temporary put cricket in the country on hold. However, we also need to understand that during 2009, terrorism had reached its zenith in Pakistan, and suicide attacks were extremely frequent until 2012-2013.

    Had the Sri Lankan attack been a one-off incident and if Pakistan was not among the most dangerous countries in the world with a very high level of terrorist activity, international cricket would have returned to Pakistan sooner. Nevertheless, the security situation has been pretty good over the last few years, which is why we have been able to host 8 consecutive matches in Pakistan and all the foreign players have been willing to travel.

    I hope this post puts an end to this victim mentality and nonsense comparison.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,134
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There is no comparison. That was a deliberate attack on SL players and Pakistan failed to provide security despite promising a presidential level security.

    This was an attack by a Muslim hating terrorist in a mosque. I trust Western countries to provide enough security when they assure it.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,243
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    ok so in your view a one off incident like this is fine but you draw the line when 2,3 happen?

    Remember the only thing that tipped the scales was an attack on cricketers in Pakistan.
    The reason cricket stopped in Pakistan was not because there was a terrorist attack but there was a terrorist attack specifically targeting players. Here the target of the attacks were not the players. In Pakistan the target of the attack was cricketers

    Many teams have played in Pakistan despite terror attacks. They only stopped once players were specifically attacked

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,387
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but security plans need to be revised for all cricket tours. Pakistan is forced to go all out for security to satisfy 'experts', and other countries need to come up with stricter measures, regardless of their city crime rate.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    When cricket was stopped in Pakistan, Sri Lankan terror attack was one of many many bombings/attacks happening on a daily basis. Law and order was in very bad shape and even people living in Pakistan feared for their safety.

    NZ situation or that of London after the attacks is different because overall law and order is good - unless the attacks are unrelenting and widespread across the country.

    On Pakistan the situation in the country is now completely different.

    The better question OP should pose is: Is Pakistan ready to host normal cricket?
    Attacks in London were also happening on a regular basis.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    2,256
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes Bangladesh should cite safety concerns snd return immediately. Their claim was the safety of their players comes first so now they should act on it. But I don't think they will do anything because these double standards are reserved for only a weak Pakistan.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    There is no comparison. That was a deliberate attack on SL players and Pakistan failed to provide security despite promising a presidential level security.

    This was an attack by a Muslim hating terrorist in a mosque. I trust Western countries to provide enough security when they assure it.
    That attack was planned, supported and launched from India. I refuse to believe some cave dwellers would have the sense to choose and execute an attack of that sophistication knowing the full ramification and impact it will have on Pakistan by further isolating Pakisran. Only the nation of India had openly stated that mission and had every motive and capacity to carry it out. Based on that attack alone India should have been banned from not just ICC but declared a terrorist nation.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,134
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhasan View Post
    That attack was planned, supported and launched from India. I refuse to believe some cave dwellers would have the sense to choose and execute an attack of that sophistication knowing the full ramification and impact it will have on Pakistan by further isolating Pakisran. Only the nation of India had openly stated that mission and had every motive and capacity to carry it out. Based on that attack alone India should have been banned from not just ICC but declared a terrorist nation.
    Yes and ban Israel too coz your neighbor claimed that they were responsible on Facebook. Pakistan promised presidential security and failed in providing that. SL cricketers were sitting ducks for a long time until that brave bus driver saved them all. There are accounts of Match officials claiming that their security ran away. So, enough of conspiracy theories and focus on what the original failure was. It was an intelligence failure by ISI and it was a logistical failure by PCB and operational failure from the security on the ground.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    27,089
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    There is no comparison. That was a deliberate attack on SL players and Pakistan failed to provide security despite promising a presidential level security.

    This was an attack by a Muslim hating terrorist in a mosque. I trust Western countries to provide enough security when they assure it.
    Don't know what World you are living in, but the attack like that on SL could happen anywhere if someone planned it good enough. Of course it was duty of the Pakistan to ensure the Security but not many saw that coming. And we all know who was behind that.

    Now that it has happend, Pakistan are more alert on this and you can see that during PSL, but again, if someone evil is planning something bad even know they can succeed although the Security is tight.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    544
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think its up to teams to decide whether they think NZ is safe or not?

    I would go there tomorrow.

    I dont think the aussies have visited Pakistan for a long time, may be late1990s...
    ....2003 series was played in Sharjah due to the fallout of the 2002 hotel attack which wasnt linked in anyway to NZ presence.

    So 'Children of the Lesser God' mentality...? May be not.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,134
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Don't know what World you are living in, but the attack like that on SL could happen anywhere if someone planned it good enough. Of course it was duty of the Pakistan to ensure the Security but not many saw that coming. And we all know who was behind that.

    Now that it has happend, Pakistan are more alert on this and you can see that during PSL, but again, if someone evil is planning something bad even know they can succeed although the Security is tight.
    Know your history!! India was supposed to tour Pakistan and they withdrew citing security concerns. Pak brought SL instead and promised presidential security. Was that a presidential security? If you say yes to that question, then I must say Pak didn't know how to provide presidential security. If you say no, then Pak did not keep it's promise to provide enough security. As far as conspiracy theories go, we can open a separate thread for that and discuss all day.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Rawalakot, Kashmir
    Runs
    548
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Everyone who is ridiculously juxtaposing what happened in New Zealand to what happened in Pakistan in March 2009 needs to understand the following:

    The Bangladeshi team was not specifically targeted. They simply happened to be where the attack was carried out. The Sri Lankan team was specifically targeted and their presence was the reason why the terrorist attack was carried out.

    In 2002, there was a bomb blast right next to the hotel of the New Zealand team in Karachi. However, that did not stop teams from touring Pakistan. Teams only stopped when there was a direct attack on a cricket team.

    If a team is directly attacked in New Zealand or any other country, it will temporary put cricket in the country on hold. However, we also need to understand that during 2009, terrorism had reached its zenith in Pakistan, and suicide attacks were extremely frequent until 2012-2013.

    Had the Sri Lankan attack been a one-off incident and if Pakistan was not among the most dangerous countries in the world with a very high level of terrorist activity, international cricket would have returned to Pakistan sooner. Nevertheless, the security situation has been pretty good over the last few years, which is why we have been able to host 8 consecutive matches in Pakistan and all the foreign players have been willing to travel.

    I hope this post puts an end to this victim mentality and nonsense comparison.
    I concur ^^^

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,411
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ofcourse not.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,599
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am disappointed to see this discussion taking place today. We could surely wait a few days before doing this. Thatís the minimum sensibility expected from all. Today is a very sad day for humanity. Thoughts and prayers are with the victims. Governments and media companies need to really get things in order otherwise more such attacks could become a norm.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,581
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    I am disappointed to see this discussion taking place today. We could surely wait a few days before doing this. That’s the minimum sensibility expected from all. Today is a very sad day for humanity. Thoughts and prayers are with the victims. Governments and media companies need to really get things in order otherwise more such attacks could become a norm.
    First, this is a cricket forum

    Second, majority of the people here are Pakistani fans who feel (IMO rightfully so) that they have been unfairly discriminated against by the cricketing world for the last 10 years. Even today, international cricket isn't really back in Pakistan and we're still paying for what happened 10 years ago

    Don't judge us for asking a valid question in light of this incident. If you are so sad for humanity, why are you visiting and posting on a cricket forum on this sad day?

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    4,581
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Bangladesh tour should be immediately called off. Can't imagine how those players can continue playing cricket on this tour

    Cricket in NZ should not be affected otherwise. This by all indications was an isolated incident

    BUT, the ICC should heavily fine any team that doesn't tour Pakistan for "security reasons" any more
    Enough of this rubbish of isolating Pakistan cricket
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 15th March 2019 at 19:21.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,253
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. Should not look at terror attacks with equivalency glasses

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    247
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, it should and all the muslims should leave New Zealand for their own safety and move to Pakistan and other Islamic countries.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    27,096
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Cricket should not stop in NZ but security should be reviewed. We cannot be blind about it just because it hasnt happened often.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,938
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Everyone who is ridiculously juxtaposing what happened in New Zealand to what happened in Pakistan in March 2009 needs to understand the following:

    The Bangladeshi team was not specifically targeted. They simply happened to be where the attack was carried out. The Sri Lankan team was specifically targeted and their presence was the reason why the terrorist attack was carried out.

    In 2002, there was a bomb blast right next to the hotel of the New Zealand team in Karachi. However, that did not stop teams from touring Pakistan. Teams only stopped when there was a direct attack on a cricket team.

    If a team is directly attacked in New Zealand or any other country, it will temporary put cricket in the country on hold. However, we also need to understand that during 2009, terrorism had reached its zenith in Pakistan, and suicide attacks were extremely frequent until 2012-2013.

    Had the Sri Lankan attack been a one-off incident and if Pakistan was not among the most dangerous countries in the world with a very high level of terrorist activity, international cricket would have returned to Pakistan sooner. Nevertheless, the security situation has been pretty good over the last few years, which is why we have been able to host 8 consecutive matches in Pakistan and all the foreign players have been willing to travel.

    I hope this post puts an end to this victim mentality and nonsense comparison.
    most of these posters dont even live in Pakistan to understand the context.

    They dont even bother to understand that the reason why cricket doesn't take place in Pakistan is because of the Law and Order mess.

    There is no Law and Order in Pakistan, which means that you could get away with anything here.

    NZ doesnt suffer from law and order. Yes this one off incident happened, but NZ will make sure that the people involved charged and they will bring in policies that will make their country more secure in future.


    we on the other hand, dont even care. APS attack took place, we released Ehsanullah.

    Pakistan and New Zealand are not the same when it comes to Law and Order, but this thing wil go above everyones head, because they think New Zealand is same as Pakistan


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    11,938
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    First, this is a cricket forum

    Second, majority of the people here are Pakistani fans who feel (IMO rightfully so) that they have been unfairly discriminated against by the cricketing world for the last 10 years. Even today, international cricket isn't really back in Pakistan and we're still paying for what happened 10 years ago

    Don't judge us for asking a valid question in light of this incident. If you are so sad for humanity, why are you visiting and posting on a cricket forum on this sad day?
    How the hell have we been discriminated?

    When a cricket tour takes place in India, England or Australia, do teams get presidential security measures?

    When even a small match as a PSL takes place Presidential security measures are in place. This shows how insecure our country is.....

    The terrorism threat exists in Paksitan which is why presidential security has to be given to teams here. There is no discrimination when there are facts involved


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,599
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    First, this is a cricket forum

    Second, majority of the people here are Pakistani fans who feel (IMO rightfully so) that they have been unfairly discriminated against by the cricketing world for the last 10 years. Even today, international cricket isn't really back in Pakistan and we're still paying for what happened 10 years ago

    Don't judge us for asking a valid question in light of this incident. If you are so sad for humanity, why are you visiting and posting on a cricket forum on this sad day?
    Only God is the judge.

    I am merely expressing my thoughts that while this tragedy is fresh in our minds, it is not appropriate to use it for political purposes right at this juncture. Thatís just my personal thought on the matter and you or anyone else have full right to disagree with me.

    I have nothing more to add which would derail the discussion here. So i rest my case.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    31,962
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This isn't the time for point scoring. But the Bangladeshi players are in extreme shock and who can blame them, they may have lost their lives had they arrived at the mosque 4-5 minutes earlier. In fact now the Bangladesh Cricket Board says in future it will demand fool proof security for all its foreign tours.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Yes and ban Israel too coz your neighbor claimed that they were responsible on Facebook. Pakistan promised presidential security and failed in providing that. SL cricketers were sitting ducks for a long time until that brave bus driver saved them all. There are accounts of Match officials claiming that their security ran away. So, enough of conspiracy theories and focus on what the original failure was. It was an intelligence failure by ISI and it was a logistical failure by PCB and operational failure from the security on the ground.
    Because Indian proxies in Pakistan, i.e. Bilawal's daddy and his merry band of traitors ensured that the security would be lax in order to make the attack possible.

    Just a few days before the attack Zardari's henchman Taseer had most conveniently dismissed the provincial government of Punjab and thereby bringing the administration of the province including security to a halt.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,198
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Pakistanis we are sensitive over the issue of no cricket due to terrorism. However let's not get carried away and let our emotions cloud our judgments. The dreadful attack today shouldn't be used as a pretense for making such childish demands.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also NZ and Australia stopped touring Pakistan after a French delegation visiting Pakistan to investigate Agosta submarines bribery scandal (Zardari was involved here as well since he took the commission). NZ team was staying at the same hotel and they weren't targeted yet they stopped touring. This was way before Pakistan was hit by Indian sponsored wave of terrorism. Same should apply now in NZ's case.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,151
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous to even think let alone demand that NZ should not be hosting international tours anymore. There's absolutely zero comparison with what happened in Pakistan and had been happening prior to the Sri Lankan attack.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    31,962
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan did not deserved to be penalized for so long. We have now hosted close to 20 international games in Pakistan since 2009 and still teams have security concerns. Eventually ** needs to be called.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    287
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhasan View Post
    Also NZ and Australia stopped touring Pakistan after a French delegation visiting Pakistan to investigate Agosta submarines bribery scandal (Zardari was involved here as well since he took the commission). NZ team was staying at the same hotel and they weren't targeted yet they stopped touring. This was way before Pakistan was hit by Indian sponsored wave of terrorism. Same should apply now in NZ's case.
    NZ toured Pakistan a year after the Sheraton bombing and Australia had already for several years decided not to tour Pakistan. Stop spreading rubbish to drive your agenda if you cannot get the simple facts right.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    2,232
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. It's neither a regular occurrence or a targeted attack.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,497
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange this absurd question is asked . NO in my opinion & NZ will have to rejig their whole internal security apparatus .

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,497
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Everyone who is ridiculously juxtaposing what happened in New Zealand to what happened in Pakistan in March 2009 needs to understand the following:

    The Bangladeshi team was not specifically targeted. They simply happened to be where the attack was carried out. The Sri Lankan team was specifically targeted and their presence was the reason why the terrorist attack was carried out.

    In 2002, there was a bomb blast right next to the hotel of the New Zealand team in Karachi. However, that did not stop teams from touring Pakistan. Teams only stopped when there was a direct attack on a cricket team.

    If a team is directly attacked in New Zealand or any other country, it will temporary put cricket in the country on hold. However, we also need to understand that during 2009, terrorism had reached its zenith in Pakistan, and suicide attacks were extremely frequent until 2012-2013.

    Had the Sri Lankan attack been a one-off incident and if Pakistan was not among the most dangerous countries in the world with a very high level of terrorist activity, international cricket would have returned to Pakistan sooner. Nevertheless, the security situation has been pretty good over the last few years, which is why we have been able to host 8 consecutive matches in Pakistan and all the foreign players have been willing to travel.

    I hope this post puts an end to this victim mentality and nonsense comparison.
    top post .

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    615
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No
    The attack here is aimed at Muslim's in general
    The attack in Pakistan was aimed at SLanka team

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,706
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    No, but there should be increased security measures across the board.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    160
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No cricket should not be banned in New Zealand. In the Pakistan attack, the Sri Lanka players were being attacked directly/ targeted but the Bangladesh players in New Zealand weren't

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,483
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No, because this is an isolated incident and NZ is one of the safest countries in the world.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    107,046
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    No, but there should be increased security measures across the board.
    If you have the kind of security we have during PSL, then it may not go down too well with some.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,743
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    New Zealand, England and Australia are still safe places, or so we are made to believe.

    I feel bad for South Asian countries on a whole because a terrorist attack there really undermines the security level of that country whereas the same velocity of questions are not raised against non asian countries.

  50. #50
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,325
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say no dont ban NZ from hosting cricket. I believe security measures need to be revamped at all games venues, and at mosques now. The world doesnt need to lose anymore innocent lives. I dont think NZ is a dangerous place.

    I think Pakistan has been banned long enough. The country is in good shape now and in good hands. It should see cricket coming back home, I dont care if all matches are played at just 1 stadium for foolproof security, but too keep Pakistan banned from hosting would be unfair.


    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson
    Proud Green Blooded Pakistani

  51. #51
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,597
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand is a very safe country, you could walk down the street at night anywhere in their country you wouldn't even think twice. In Pakistan you can walk down the street in broad daylight on a busy street and you will get mugged, no matter what city you're in. Violent crime is still a huge problem in Pakistan even if terrorism has gone down significantly.


    "i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No, for all the reasons given above. However, this should accelerate efforts to bring cricket back to Pakistan because the Bangladesh team could have easily been caught in the crossfire, and people now understand that the government cannot stop such tragedies from occuring or from such disgusting monsters from being born.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    New Zealand is a very safe country, you could walk down the street at night anywhere in their country you wouldn't even think twice. In Pakistan you can walk down the street in broad daylight on a busy street and you will get mugged, no matter what city you're in. Violent crime is still a huge problem in Pakistan even if terrorism has gone down significantly.
    That is still safer than many parts of the US and India.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,706
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    If you have the kind of security we have during PSL, then it may not go down too well with some.
    Certainly don't need presidential level security in NZ. That's overkill.

    But they're quite relaxed with touring teams and that has to change. If someone has a problem, show them what could have happened to Bangladesh in Christchurch.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  55. #55
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,619
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Certainly don't need presidential level security in NZ. That's overkill.

    But they're quite relaxed with touring teams and that has to change. If someone has a problem, show them what could have happened to Bangladesh in Christchurch.
    Not just NZ. The Indian team often goes to malls unaccompanied in Australia. These kinds of things just don't happen there often enough to have a cause for concern.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,597
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    That is still safer than many parts of the US and India.
    Who are you kidding, Pakistan is not safer than America . I've never been mugged here, you literally live just across the border and are saying such ignorant stuff. I've been to the worst ghettos in America but even then the crime is nothing like what you see in Pakistan. I've lost relatives in Pakistan to violence so I'd know.


    "i'M sOrRy, i'M nOt sUpPosED tO teLl yoU tHiS"

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    2,920
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand is one of the top 5 most safest country in the world, and they're further restricting access to guns.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,632
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    New Zealand is a very safe country, you could walk down the street at night anywhere in their country you wouldn't even think twice. In Pakistan you can walk down the street in broad daylight on a busy street and you will get mugged, no matter what city you're in. Violent crime is still a huge problem in Pakistan even if terrorism has gone down significantly.
    Yeah, this post is squalid hyperbole. I've felt less safe on the streets of Oxford and London during certain hours than I have ever felt in Lahore or Islamabad.

    Going back to the wider point, I hope this attack in NZ shows that no place is quite safe from extremism and that Pakistan has taken steps to improve security over the past five years or so. I still deem it unlikely for regular international cricket to return to Pakistan unless we are able to host three or four editions of the PSL in Pakistan without incident.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    34,438
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People have responded without thinking.

    Today Pakistan is safest place for any cricket team because of the security present. Terrorists can easily attack cricketers in other nations because they dont have the same security.

    The ICC need ensure the players of all teams in all nations are provided with strong security. We cannot afford to have another incident against cricketers anywhere.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  60. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,953
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think so as i believe that the attack was not specifically intended to target the BD cricket players.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    34,438
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    I don't think so as i believe that the attack was not specifically intended to target the BD cricket players.
    We dont know this for sure. It could be the terrorist knew the Bangladeshi cricketers were going to attend the particuar mosque but they arrived after the terrorist attack. Being an Aussie he must be aware of cricket at least.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Lala Land - The Treasurer
    Runs
    491
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Who are you kidding, Pakistan is not safer than America . I've never been mugged here, you literally live just across the border and are saying such ignorant stuff. I've been to the worst ghettos in America but even then the crime is nothing like what you see in Pakistan. I've lost relatives in Pakistan to violence so I'd know.
    Then I doubt you've been in the U.S. long enough.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,411
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    But they're quite relaxed with touring teams and that has to change. If someone has a problem, show them what could have happened to Bangladesh in Christchurch.
    Yes but they weren't the targets

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    1,389
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A key difference is the attack back then was on the SL cricket team, not an attack in general.

    So, no.

    If a touring nation had their team attacked, then I'm sure there would be a serious conversation.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    1,389
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abdulqadir786 View Post
    Then I doubt you've been in the U.S. long enough.
    Pakistan is much more dangerous than the US.

    I've been here my entire life and never been mugged or seen anyone mugged and I'm 30.

    In Pakistan, half of my family has had an instance of a gun pulled on them.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    107,046
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Back to topic

    NZ have garnered so much sympathy that no one in their right mind can ask for a stop.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    15,784
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    USA is dangerous in certain areas.

    Pakistan can be dangerous everywhere.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  68. #68
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    107,046
    Mentioned
    1954 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Guys the question is on OP. Stick to it.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    15,784
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes OP.

    It would need to happen on a wide scale with NZ facing a dramatic law and order situation for teams not to tour NZ.

    And guess what?

    If it ever comes to that, NZ would automatically halt tours, till they get their house in order.

    They wouldn't invite teams to get bombed and attacked because they want the potential revenue.

    So no, at the moment NZ is fine.

    But Pakistan can also now think about bringing back cricket as we are much better now.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •