Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,602
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    How are you contributing towards making this world a better place?

    Requesting all PPers to join and share every little step they are taking in their life for the betterment of society and towards making this world a better place.

    These could be the smallest of things but the idea is to encourage each other and know that every little step taken matters.

    No one is perfect. We are all flawed persons at so many levels but the beauty of life and human conscience is that every day you have choices. Plenty of them. Choices that could change the course of your life or someone's.

    Before saying something or doing something, we should always take a moment and ask ourselves if our actions or words will help bring a positive change in this world. If not maybe it's not worth it.

    We must introspect and live for the greater good.

    We must leave for our future generations a world that is better than what we got.

    Encouraging all PPers to join and contribute.

    -Bhaijaan

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I'm in public I try to say hi to random people and just have casual conversation.

    I think helps because 90% of people my age don't do this because they are on their phones.

    But phones are hurting people's social skills.

    So hopefully talking and communicating is something that doesn't die out because as of now it's only the older people who do it.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,602
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    When I'm in public I try to say hi to random people and just have casual conversation.

    I think helps because 90% of people my age don't do this because they are on their phones.

    But phones are hurting people's social skills.

    So hopefully talking and communicating is something that doesn't die out because as of now it's only the older people who do it.
    That's a wonderful thought to begin with. I couldn't agree more with you. Social media obsession is turning us into weird people in real life. We must learn to appreciate the world around us and have some interest in people we happen to be surrounded with.

    The internet was meant to facilitate connections and information sharing. Not something to be plugged into 24x7.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    25,779
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Trying to present a better picture of Islam than they see in mideia to my Norwegian colleagues.

    Prejudices(?) are a big problem in the society here.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    19,238
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My passive-aggressive tweet game is on point.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,154
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bhaijaan wants us to do an "apney moonh mian mithu aka self praise"


    Anyways, I'm making/saving lots of money for myself and the familia.
    Being respectful to elders and kind to young'uns.
    Being positive.
    Try to recycle as much as I can.
    Am in perfect physical shape (Alhamdulillah)1,82cm (75-77kgs).
    Learning and improving ;)

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    7,631
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am taking care of my litter in an appropriate way. Much more environmental friendly now then I have ever been in the past. More then anything else we have to think of the planet before it swallows us all up. I am thinking of buying some land in Pak and doing some farming even though I know nothing about it! Growing your own food is the future. Any advice on zameendari would be welcome.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 17th March 2019 at 22:18.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    4,985
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Requesting all PPers to join and share every little step they are taking in their life for the betterment of society and towards making this world a better place.

    These could be the smallest of things but the idea is to encourage each other and know that every little step taken matters.

    No one is perfect. We are all flawed persons at so many levels but the beauty of life and human conscience is that every day you have choices. Plenty of them. Choices that could change the course of your life or someone's.

    Before saying something or doing something, we should always take a moment and ask ourselves if our actions or words will help bring a positive change in this world. If not maybe it's not worth it.

    We must introspect and live for the greater good.

    We must leave for our future generations a world that is better than what we got.

    Encouraging all PPers to join and contribute.

    -Bhaijaan
    I am trying to pay less attention to all the fake and dishonest people who indulge in virtue signaling so that I have more time to spend with genuine people.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,602
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I am taking care of my litter in an appropriate way. Much more environmental friendly now then I have ever been in the past. More then anything else we have to think of the planet before it swallows us all up. I am thinking of buying some land in Pak and doing some farming even though I know nothing about it! Growing your own food is the future. Any advice on zameendari would be welcome.
    Thatís wonderful. Good luck to you brother.

    Climate change is real and the repercussions of ignoring it are horrific.

    As mentioned above, we must leave a better world for our upcoming generations than the one we got.

    I read one article few weeks ago which was positive. Apparently NASAís satellite images review show that the world is greener today than it was 20 years ago and most of the change has been led by China and India. So some good work is going on as well. We must continue our efforts.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,602
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Trying to present a better picture of Islam than they see in mideia to my Norwegian colleagues.

    Prejudices(?) are a big problem in the society here.
    Good on you my friend.

    We must learn from the Sikh community who are the first to come in support of the needy whenever there is a calamity or civilian crisis.

    Overall I feel the best way forward is just to be good humans and keep religion a private practice.

    Whatís the general perception of muslims in your country.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    25,779
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Good on you my friend.

    We must learn from the Sikh community who are the first to come in support of the needy whenever there is a calamity or civilian crisis.

    Overall I feel the best way forward is just to be good humans and keep religion a private practice.

    What’s the general perception of muslims in your country.
    In fact we must learn from the earlier Muslims like Sayyidi Umar (ra) who started a welfare system 1400 years ago which we see in many western countries today.

    Generally the norwegians are good people, but of course media has a big tole to play here as well.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,602
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post

    Anyways, I'm making/saving lots of money for myself and the familia.
    Being respectful to elders and kind to young'uns.
    Being positive.
    Try to recycle as much as I can.
    Am in perfect physical shape (Alhamdulillah)1,82cm (75-77kgs).
    Learning and improving ;)
    Recyclingmg is great.

    We must use reusable products as much as we can.

    I have reduced usage of polythene bags significantly. Although banned by government but many small scale retailers still give products in poly bags.

    I use my own Khadi bag in buying such items.

    Also trying to make use of rough paper in office as back up notebook.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,602
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    In fact we must learn from the earlier Muslims like Sayyidi Umar (ra) who started a welfare system 1400 years ago which we see in many western countries today.
    Indeed.

    Overall i would like to see more contribution in this regard but without political agendas. Idea must be to simply serve humanity and life forms without seeking any gains in return.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    7,476
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    helping people even if it is to show them which department is where in my hospital and outside hospital ,which gives me special feelings.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    25,034
    Mentioned
    799 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Requesting all PPers to join and share every little step they are taking in their life for the betterment of society and towards making this world a better place.

    These could be the smallest of things but the idea is to encourage each other and know that every little step taken matters.

    No one is perfect. We are all flawed persons at so many levels but the beauty of life and human conscience is that every day you have choices. Plenty of them. Choices that could change the course of your life or someone's.

    Before saying something or doing something, we should always take a moment and ask ourselves if our actions or words will help bring a positive change in this world. If not maybe it's not worth it.

    We must introspect and live for the greater good.

    We must leave for our future generations a world that is better than what we got.

    Encouraging all PPers to join and contribute.

    -Bhaijaan
    Used to do some voluntary work with disadvantaged youngsters.

    Cycling fundraisers for British combat veterans and their families, helping them with PTSD, homelessness, mobility issues.

    Active in local political party, trying to get more councillors elected who will work for people.

    Mainly vegetarian.

    Put solar panels on my roof.

    Generally give everyone a ton of praise and encouragement especially kids and young adults.
    Last edited by Robert; 18th March 2019 at 19:28.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,602
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Used to do some voluntary work with disadvantaged youngsters.

    Cycling fundraisers for British combat veterans and their families, helping them with PTSD, homelessness, mobility issues.

    Active in local political party, trying to get more councillors elected who will work for people.

    Mainly vegetarian.

    Put solar panels on my roof.

    Generally give everyone a ton of praise and encouragement especially kids and young adults.
    Wow Robert. You are doing a great job. Kudos to you.

    Also i am quite glad to know two of the most prominent Britishers on this forum are both into vegetarian diet. That's great.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,602
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    helping people even if it is to show them which department is where in my hospital and outside hospital ,which gives me special feelings.
    It's a great quality.

    I get very irritated personally when people refuse to help.

    But then i realize later that it's little tough and thankless in chaotic and crowded countries like India. Many times people intentionally pretend to not know stuff simply to avoid being questioned non stop by crowd.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    577
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thread! Nice to read above posts.

    I try to save electricity as much as possible. I avoid use cooling fans and use it only if it's necessary. I keep alarms to switch off my refrigerator for some time in a day. Whenever I drive alone, I offer car pool.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    345
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL just bought a Lincoln Navigator. Clearly not contributing anything positive to this world lol.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    11,421
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have been thinking of teaching underprivileged kids and providing them free meals every sunday.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    49,602
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    I have been thinking of teaching underprivileged kids and providing them free meals every sunday.
    Terrific idea.

    Good luck with that brother. Please keep us posted:

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    11,421
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Terrific idea.

    Good luck with that brother. Please keep us posted:
    that is where my contribution ends.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    536
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been volunteering each year during summer time for the last 3 years to plant trees around Canadian national parks (we go as a huge group) and clean up the plastic trash filthy people leaves around the parks which greatly endangers wildlife. People just doesn't seem to understand that if you got no EARTH to live at, you ain't gonna be living at all.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,508
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have lots of pets. Generally more than 10 at a time. I like to give as many animals as I am physically able to handle a good life in my house, alongside my wife.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    25,034
    Mentioned
    799 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Wow Robert. You are doing a great job. Kudos to you.

    Also i am quite glad to know two of the most prominent Britishers on this forum are both into vegetarian diet. That's great.
    Two factors really - firstly disgust at factory farming methods. Secondly attempting to reduce my personal carbon footprint - meat farming can be very wasteful of water and carbon intensive.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •