Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 263
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,666
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    [PICTURE] Ravi Ashwin mankads Jos Buttler without a warning

    He mankaded Jos Buttler tonight.

    Very bad from him.

    Against the spirit of the game.



    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th March 2019 at 00:55.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,973
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    He mankaded Jos Butler tonight.

    Very bad from him.

    Against the spirit of the game.
    It's not against the spirit of the game, is it? Isn't it in the rules now? There's so many rule changes I seriously forget sometimes.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    33,637
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Ravi Ashwin receives a torrent of criticism from cricketers after mankading Jos Buttler








































    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    33
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    serial mankader? How many times has he done this before?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    3,364
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's within laws of the game.

    Not that I care about IPL or Ashwin.

    They should check his action tho, I must say!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,666
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ashwin did this to Lahiru Thiramane.

    Sehwag opposed it as captain and brought the batsman back.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    14,488
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That was disgraceful.

    Last edited by Abdullah719; 25th March 2019 at 22:14.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,973
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbySharma View Post
    serial mankader? How many times has he done this before?
    Once before as stated above in one of the tweets.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,973
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Via ICC :
    A bowler can only "mankade" a batsmen if he/she has strayed outside his/her crease after he/she has started his/her run up, but before he/her has entered his/her delivery stride.
    his/her


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    1,414
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In most cases, I defend Mankading. I especially defend mankading after a warning has been issued.

    In this case, Ashwin was setting him up. This is a dangerous precedent. Spinners will come in and go through with their actions without delivering the ball, instead they will run the batsman out.

    In most situations like this the umpire signals deadball.

    If the ICC says that bowlers can now set up batsmen and then mankad them then fair enough but there needs to be absolutely clarity on that.

    If the ICC says no you may not pull out of your bowling action as Ashwin did there then that should also be made clear.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    26,443
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It’s within the Laws.

    Ashwin had better stay in his crease in future! Live by the sword, die by the sword.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    1,414
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Via ICC :

    his/her
    I would argue that Ashwin was well into his delivery stride considering his foot lands as if to bowl. If the ICC allows this, then you'll see more and more cases of mankading especially in close games. As a bowler, I will just not deliver after going through the motion.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,666
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow!

    Ashwin is the most hated person in cricket today.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    33,637
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    .


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    18,803
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This has happened to Butler before as well against Sri Lanka in an ODI I believe.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    33,637
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)


    Ashwin pulls out of his action and Buttler is still in his crease.

    That's ridiculous.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,959
    Mentioned
    1100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Buttler again ? Did he not learn his lesson after Senanyake in 2014 ?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    32,959
    Mentioned
    1100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    BTW the tweets from the cricketers are tremendous

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,973
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyG View Post
    I would argue that Ashwin was well into his delivery stride considering his foot lands as if to bowl. If the ICC allows this, then you'll see more and more cases of mankading especially in close games. As a bowler, I will just not deliver after going through the motion.
    Yeah, that's what I figured too. He was well into his action and the 3rd Umpire messed up the decision.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    8,519
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ashwin reminds me of Indian cricketers from the 90s, home track bullies with poor sportsmanship.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,861
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am all for stopping the whole warning nonsense, but that shouldn't be out. He doesn't leave the crease before ashwin completes the action ashwin cheated here, there should be a fine and clear warning for this.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    2,861
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Buttler again ? Did he not learn his lesson after Senanyake in 2014 ?
    That was Butler being stupid this was ashwin straight up cheating.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,945
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Butler was inside the line when ashwin entered the delivery stride. Wrong call by umpire. This was a dead ball.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    10
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should of been given not out, Ashwin waits for Butler to come out of his crease and wasn't in the motion of delivering the ball. This was Blatant cheating, Butler was backing up fine, if this isn't shot down as illegal by the ICC then it starts a dangerous precedent.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    3,870
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Should have been not out given Buttler was not going to be out of the crease by the time Ashwin would have bowled. Wrong decision and poor form from Ashwin.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,124
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol nothing creates a bigger controversy in cricket these days than mankading.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    11,843
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He’s a snake for this.

    He’s hurting the integrity and professionalism of a league made to nurture genuine talent, not this type of cheap behavior.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    39
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awful ashwin. I hope kings loose big time

  29. #29
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,711
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a dead ball but either way just awful sportsmanship by Ashwin and a sore loser. KXIP were getting spanked and he had to resort to kindergarden tactics. Even then, it should've been a dead ball. Rubbish umpiring but jheez Ashwin you're a mug

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    33,637
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,124
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Ashwin has done is not only unfair because Butler was clearly aiming to leave his ground at the time the ball was going to be delivered but according to the laws of MCC it is also illegal. Name:  FireShot Capture 052 - D2hfE8UVYAASGci.png_large (601◊242) - pbs.twimg.com.png
Views: 2486
Size:  43.6 KB
    Last edited by RedwoodOriginal; 25th March 2019 at 22:56.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,666
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    BTW the tweets from the cricketers are tremendous
    It seems Ashwin's the baddest man in cricket right now.

    How has he gathered that much attention.

    Mostly batsmen.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    4,650
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is totally against the rules. I have no idea why one of the commentators is defending Ashwin! He already entered his delivery stride and then STOPPED midway in his action to knock off the bails. The runner is allowed that head start once the bowler has already entered his bowling stride. How did the 3rd umpire give this out? Poor from both Ashwin and the third umpire - shouldn't be allowed again.


    Have the players going forward, just need coaching&professionalism! #1 priority: fielding

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,666
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KXI Punjab won in the end so all the haters out there wishing bad for my Punjab this is for you! Deal with it.

    We were the better team tonight.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very Indian tradition, seen this happening frequently in their club cricket

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    50,666
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfiqar View Post
    This is totally against the rules. I have no idea why one of the commentators is defending Ashwin! He already entered his delivery stride and then STOPPED midway in his action to knock off the bails. The runner is allowed that head start once the bowler has already entered his bowling stride. How did the 3rd umpire give this out? Poor from both Ashwin and the third umpire - shouldn't be allowed again.
    In hindi commentary, everyone took Jos Butler's side.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,576
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's against the laws it seems. Pathetic from Ashwin.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,080
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was cheap because Butler wasn't doing anything wrong such that he needed to be warned or anything. He was being extra careful with his bat behind the line even while he was walking forward, you don't expect a runner to keep looking at bowler's arm to see if he has delivered the ball or not.

    Ashwin is a delusional character like Umar Akmal. Since Ashwin is educated and speaks good English so he gets away with all the nonsense he keeps talking esp ever since he has been dropped from limited overs team. It's quite hilarous how often he describes his past performance using words like 'extraordinary'.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,080
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    In hindi commentary, everyone took Jos Butler's side.
    That's because most Indian commentators are cheerleaders of Indian players.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with Ashwin's tactics and this is not the first time this Butler lad doing this! Poor RR fell like a pack of cards after Butler's dismissal! And no, it's not the Butler's wicket that lost the game for them, it's their pathetic middle order and lower order batsmen who couldn't buy a run against the KXI.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 25th March 2019 at 23:07.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    33,637
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    .


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To those saying it is within the laws, you're wrong.

    The batsmen can leave the crease after the bowler has started his delivery stride. In this case, Ashwin was in his delivery stride, stopped midway, waited for Buttler to start out and then ran him out. This was completely unfair on Buttler and pathetic by Ashwin.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    6,073
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This ISN'T permitted by law, the law has been misapplied. The change in wording ("would be expected to deliver the ball") explicitly excludes the situation where the bowler purposefully delays his delivery stride Think about it. Otherwise the word "expected" is redundant in that sentence.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,526
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Current law.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  45. #45
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buttler was not stealing ground AT ALL!

    Poor umpiring in this case.

    I've said it in the past and will say it again, Ashwin tries to be too clever for his own good. He thinks he's some sort of genius and often comes across as a wannabe. He has been rightfully slammed by so many fellow cricketers on twitter. What a disgrace!

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,544
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its legal, and if it was an asian batsmen there wouldnt be so much criticism online.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,803
    Mentioned
    822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post



    Current law.
    That settles it then. Not very honorable but not cheating.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  48. #48
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post



    Current law.
    Has the law been updated? Been reading multiple versions of it.

    However, even if we go with this, you can clearly see Ashwin delaying his delivery stride solely to catch Buttler out. The non-striker cannot keep his eyes on the bowler till the ball is released! This was a cheap tactic from Ashwin no matter how you look at it.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,526
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Buttler was not stealing ground AT ALL!

    Poor umpiring in this case.

    I've said it in the past and will say it again, Ashwin tries to be too clever for his own good. He thinks he's some sort of genius and often comes across as a wannabe. He has been rightfully slammed by so many fellow cricketers on twitter. What a disgrace!
    Well.

    His team just won with this kind of attitude so ...


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    6,073
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post



    Current law.
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    That settles it then. Not very honorable but not cheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Has the law been updated? Been reading multiple versions of it.

    However, even if we go with this, you can clearly see Ashwin delaying his delivery stride solely to catch Buttler out. The non-striker cannot keep his eyes on the bowler till the ball is released! This was a cheap tactic from Ashwin no matter how you look at it.




    Jones is wrong for the exact reason Styris gives. Jones has completely ignored the word "expected" in the new law. The drafters of the law explicitly excluded the interpretation Jones is offering. What Ashwin did is not permitted by law. Umpire error.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,526
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Has the law been updated? Been reading multiple versions of it.

    However, even if we go with this, you can clearly see Ashwin delaying his delivery stride solely to catch Buttler out. The non-striker cannot keep his eyes on the bowler till the ball is released! This was a cheap tactic from Ashwin no matter how you look at it.
    If it's done again and again by bowlers. Cheap or not. Sennayanake also did this to Butler, if bowlers are doing again and again then why make a habit of leaving ground early. Every small margin matters in some games. that extra millimeter can save batsman when he is at opossite end. I like this rule to give balance strength for fielding side. I have seen keeper waiting for batsman to lose balance and disloges the bails. It's similar to this.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,713
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Ashwin put his teammates in a very uncomfortable position as well.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Venue
    In your head
    Runs
    10,368
    Mentioned
    481 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dog act really.

    I normally don't mind Mankads if the batsman is stealing ground but here he has started his delivery then stopped and waited for Buttler to leave his crease. I don't want to see that kind of bottom feeding tactics in cricket sorry.


    I have returned.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,526
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post




    Jones is wrong for the exact reason Styris gives. Jones has completely ignored the word "expected" in the new law. The drafters of the law explicitly excluded the interpretation Jones is offering. What Ashwin did is not permitted by law. Umpire error.
    Umpire had to compare his earlier deliveries that he actually waits a bit before releasing his ball. Don't watch This video in slow motion. One can argue that this was the expected time of delivery a moment where he is just about to release the ball. Name:  ash.JPG
Views: 2264
Size:  36.4 KB Butler was just outside and ball isn't delivered either. Despite ball not being delivered, Butler is out of the crease.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    108,713
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Ashwin at end of the game:

    No really argument to that (Mankading incident) and it's pretty instinctive. I actually didn't load and he left the crease. That's always been my take on it because it's my half of the crease. I was not even at the crease, he wasn't even looking at me and he just left the place.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    41,760
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He's probably been waiting to do this since becoming captain. No one can veto him.

    Not a fan of doing this unless you tell the batsman before and he doesn't listen. Then it's fair game and the batsman deserves it.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,244
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happydavy View Post
    It was cheap because Butler wasn't doing anything wrong such that he needed to be warned or anything. He was being extra careful with his bat behind the line even while he was walking forward, you don't expect a runner to keep looking at bowler's arm to see if he has delivered the ball or not.

    Ashwin is a delusional character like Umar Akmal. Since Ashwin is educated and speaks good English so he gets away with all the nonsense he keeps talking esp ever since he has been dropped from limited overs team. It's quite hilarous how often he describes his past performance using words like 'extraordinary'.
    Ashwin also has some 350 test wickets @25odd. Umar Akmal isnt worth mentioning as a cricketer along side Ashwin.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    29,244
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I am hearing multiple interpretations of the law. If it was within the law then its fine.

    There is nothing about compulsorily warning the batsman, in the law.

  59. #59
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Ashwin at end of the game:

    No really argument to that (Mankading incident) and it's pretty instinctive. I actually didn't load and he left the crease. That's always been my take on it because it's my half of the crease. I was not even at the crease, he wasn't even looking at me and he just left the place.
    What a liar! He was in his delivery stride before aborting. Also, Buttler was not looking to steal ground or get an unfair advantage. Ashwin is a petty individual.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    33,637
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No handshake after the game.



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #61
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    No handshake after the game.

    Look at that awkward and half-embarrassed look on his face now. What an unlikable character.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,526
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    He's probably been waiting to do this since becoming captain. No one can veto him.

    Not a fan of doing this unless you tell the batsman before and he doesn't listen. Then it's fair game and the batsman deserves it.
    Does a batsman warn a bowler that he is about to come of the crease (where he is already standing outside of the crease) and he gets a momentum and yard to hit bowler for a six?


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  63. #63
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,526
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enough with the name calling and attacking a player's character. He is still playing within rules. One side people are seeking for balance between ball and bat, and when rules are made to allow that, people complain.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  64. #64
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,761
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If Buttler was actually trying to gain an advantage before the ball was delivered, that would be cheating, and be considered to be out. In this situation, Ashwin pulled out of his delivery stride to deceive Buttler, as per the laws of the game, this should've been declared a dead ball.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,266
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Ashwin did this to Lahiru Thiramane.

    Sehwag opposed it as captain and brought the batsman back.
    wow salute to Sehwag

  66. #66
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,526
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Argument that he WAITED for the Buttler to leave the crease, so Ash is wrong. Lol, how else he suppose to Mankad a batsman if he didn't wait. What was Buttler doing then? People who understands that why this kind of rule is in place, will support Ashwin for this.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,266
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    No handshake after the game.

    somebody should have slapped him

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,143
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post
    Does a batsman warn a bowler that he is about to come of the crease (where he is already standing outside of the crease) and he gets a momentum and yard to hit bowler for a six?
    Because bowler can see it himself whether batsman is jumping down the pitch or not.
    Also bowler can bowl from behind the stumps as well.

    In mankding batsman at non striker end has no chance if cunning bowlers like ashwin adapts to this kind stop-start bowling action techniques and start deliberately running out batsmen.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,526
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    Because bowler can see it himself whether batsman is jumping down the pitch or not.
    Also bowler can bowl from behind the stumps as well.

    In mankding batsman at non striker end has no chance if cunning bowlers like ashwin adapts to this kind stop-start bowling action techniques and start deliberately running out batsmen.
    Lol it's very simple. Just watch the bowler, stay under the crease. Ball gets released. Leave your crease. Make this habit. Getting a fast paced 'walking movement' gives a clear advantage to runner.

    And many batsmen switch their stance to destort bowler, batsmen can leave a crease right at the delivery, and bowler has no way to recover. Batsmen can do switch hit. Some batsmen leave the crease and then come back.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  70. #70
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    33,637
    Mentioned
    1547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



































    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    72,622
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    No handshake after the game.

    Was Ashwin really expecting Buttler to shake his hand.



  72. #72
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    24,249
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would've thought Butler had learnt his lesson when it happened last time but no.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,945
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lots of useless moral argument from 'gentlemen cricketers'. Not surprising in the least.

  74. #74
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post
    The Argument that he WAITED for the Buttler to leave the crease, so Ash is wrong. Lol, how else he suppose to Mankad a batsman if he didn't wait. What was Buttler doing then? People who understands that why this kind of rule is in place, will support Ashwin for this.
    You're kidding me, right? Your lot will go to any lengths to defend your own. Geez!

  75. #75
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,106
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Lots of useless moral argument from 'gentlemen cricketers'. Not surprising in the least.
    Forget the moral argument! Ashwin pulled midway during the delivery stride. Buttler was IN THE CREASE when Ashwin stopped (screengrabe above). He had no intention to ball the ball. It was a wrong call!
    Last edited by Saj; 26th March 2019 at 01:24.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,945
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Forget the moral argument! Ashwin pulled midway during the delivery stride. Buttler was IN THE CREASE when Ashwin stopped (screengrabe above). He had no intention to ball the ball. It was a wrong call!
    Yes it was. I just don't like the way its being argued. Spirit of cricket is a mythical beast that everyone describes differently.

    They should only argue the rule and its interpretation.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th March 2019 at 13:26.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Forget the moral argument! Ashwin pulled midway during the delivery stride. Buttler was IN THE CREASE when Ashwin stopped (screengrabe above). He had no intention to ball the ball. It was a wrong call!
    Looks like you need some burnol for the burn Ashwin caused! It's a Legal dismissal and it's decided by the Official Umpires and that's where the story ends!

  78. #78
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,526
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Forget the moral argument! Ashwin pulled midway during the delivery stride. Buttler was IN THE CREASE when Ashwin stopped (screengrabe above). He had no intention to ball the ball. It was a wrong call!
    How do you Mankad a batsman if you have full intention to bowl?


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    24,249
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Ashwin. Nothing better than seeing these self-righteous western cricketers moan when something doesn't go their way.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    5,276
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish it was done more often as it is legal so people should get over it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •