User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

“Mickey Arthur does not have the capacity or the capability to be a coach" : Shoaib Akhtar

Shoaib Akhtar speaking on TV at end of the 3rd ODI

We were never looked the part, we were never interested in this series

They ran twos with ease as they knew 2 fielders were good, rest they targeted for their runs

We couldn’t take 2s because they have 10 good fielders

Apart from Pat Cummins, which other “Malcolm Marshall” was bowling at us?

We were never interested in taking singles or to loft the ball

Shoaib Malik charged at the bowler at a time when it was unnecessary

Yaar, you will score 50 [to Malik]; You don’t need to play for your fifty! He’s the captain he needs to realize that the world is watching so what message are you giving to them? I am saying that as his friend

Australian bowling was below par, if we had taken charge then the match would have been much closer

Mohammad Hasnain is still bowling 4 overs in his mind [talking about Hasnain giving away over 50 runs in 5 overs] but this is how he will learn after being hit for runs

I wasn’t expecting miracles from Hasnain in the first place; he is inexperienced, and he needs to learn that the length required for One-Day is different as the style of bowling in One-Days

He needs to know that this isn’t PSL (T20); here the batsman takes time and will negate your tactics as a bowler, but we fought with a method

If the idea was to prepare for the World Cup, then you have messed up in a big way

We as players will be used as pawns forever, but no one wants to talk about the real issue and no one wants to solve it too

Why doesn’t a good strong [qualified] person come into the PCB?

I am free of worry about money as Alhamdolillah, I have enough

If I am given a job [in the PCB], I will do it as a volunteer but what I will do as per my wishes and I wont let the Pakistan side play like this; this is not acceptable

To be honest with you, Mickey Arthur does not have the capacity or the capability to be a coach

That’s what I have been saying before that Sarfaraz Ahmed has to take charge [from Mickey Arthur]; to take Umer Khan, to take Mohammad Musa or offer to resign; this is the way how captaincy is done and captains like Imran Khan used to fight for their cause

Did Imran Khan ever allow the selection committee to touch his team? The results of that are there for all to see
    Last edited by MenInG; 29th March 2019 at 15:05.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar lambasted Pakistan cricket head coach Mickey Arthur after the side’s humiliating 3-0 defeat at the hands of Australia in the ongoing One Day International (ODI) series.

“Mickey Arthur does not have the capacity or the capability to be a coach,” said Akhtar, while talking to local media. The former speedster, who is known for his outspoken statements, also urged skipper Sarfraz Ahmed to play his role in players’ selection. “I have been saying it for years that Sarfraz should take the charge… he should himself pick Umer Khan and Musa Khan,” he added.

Earlier, ex-captain Ramiz Raja had also questioned the cricket team’s experimentation policy and he was of the view that the cricket team failed in all departments during the ODI series.

With the home series already lost, Pakistan would aim to restore some pride in the remaining two ODI’s scheduled to played on March 29 and 31 at Dubai.

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/03/29...shoaib-akhtar/
    I'm not sure about coaching skills but his player selections are diabolical. I also have been asking for inclusion of Musa, and we need a good offie like Gohar or Umar. Damn we could have even groomed Ibtisham but instead we keep bringing Yasir back who is just a test bowler.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    These sorts of comments are only given in Urdu to local journalists. Don’t know if this is the case here.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very strong comment just before a very important tournament. But this is quite common in Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why not he criticize the main culprit Inzi for team selection?

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashid Lateef on the show was also of the same opinion that Micky does not have it in him to be a coach at international level , he even went on to say that he had suggested Karachi Kings to replace their head coach should they wish to perform better in PSL.
    Last edited by shaaik; 29th March 2019 at 12:39.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I consider Mickey as better than Waqar, MHK however his 2019 has been sub par. He has shown more acting skills than coaching or selection skills.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes. Selection blunders are there to see. They wanted to experiment players for the replacement of Hafeez if injured and selected an unfit Umar Akmal on basis of PSL.

Also looking for an 3rd opener there should be a shoot out between Shan and someone else. No idea why Imam is selected in this series.

Malik is going to play his last 50 over tournament , so no matter what he is not going to be dropped. Why not give captaincy to a younger person and see how he handles.

For the middle order slot they should have selected players like Saud shakeel , Saad Ali , khusdil shah instead Umar Akmal

Instead of Yasir , it should have been Umer Khan or gohar or ibtisam

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Mickey Arthur is a bad coach. Bring back Waqar Younis and we will successfully win the ICC league 2 trophy in 2022.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    Rashid Lateef on the show was also of the same opinion that Micky does not have it in him to be a coach at international level , he even went on to say that he had suggested Karachi Kings to replace their head coach should they wish to perform better in PSL.
    But why nobody criticize Inzamam for his stupid selection apart from Imran Khan?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I feel Rashid Latif should be our head coach. He has got an eye for talent. Umer Khan was picked by him

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    I feel Rashid Latif should be our head coach. He has got an eye for talent. Umer Khan was picked by him
    He will pick up Asad Shafiq as well.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Agree!!! But Inzi did lots of selecting blunders like Yasir Shah, Abbas ofr ODI series for example
    Yasir Shah was picked on Imran Khan's demand.

Yes, other selections are also bad. Recycling old TTFs presenting as new players and bench strength.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Says this with MHK sitting by his side on the same show

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Yes, other selections are also bad. Recycling old TTFs presenting as new players and bench strength.
    Any evidence other than two sitting together in pictures

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yeah IK has nothing better to do than to tell Inzi to pick Yasir Shah for a random meaningless series

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But why nobody criticize Inzamam for his stupid selection apart from Imran Khan?
    Inzi is also going to get the rough end of the stick sooner rather than later, I think his days as chief selector are numbered unless Pakistan has a dream world cup..

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Rashid also picked Jahid Ali for PSL despite Jahid having a SR of 69 in List A cricket and having never played T20 cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been saying this for well over a year now. I am yet to see a proper game plan and selection of playing XI from him, anything we have won till now is a bonus and was only due to individual brilliance of players on occasion.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The difference between Mickey's Test record being what it is and what it ought to be is 27 runs.

All we needed is for our pathetic captain and two senior players to score just 27 runs and we'd have our unbeaten UAE record intact.

As for his ODI record, much will depend on the World Cup but he's the only Pakistan coach to have won a ICC 50 over competition since 1992. We've gone from 9th to 5th/6th so there's been some progress.
    Last edited by Markhor; 29th March 2019 at 15:30.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both Shoaib and Mohsin khan arent WC winners. So the less they talk the better. Mickey Arthur has done more goods than bad. Finally we are seeing new players developing under his term. Misbah stint was the worse for our Cricket, good cricketer but terrible captain who failed to develop a single cricketer. Shoaib akhtar is a emotional cricketer, he doesn’t know what to say and when to say. We dont have a world class system to produce good cricketers. Domestic cricket need a overhaul to produce good cricketers. We have to go by what we have.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaaik View Post
    This is what I hate about our ex cricketers, the moment they are out of a job they start taking pot shots at the team management and the pcb. Latif has been making ruthless anti Mickey Arthur statements ever since he parted ways with Karachi King's. He was in the KK team management for 3 years, where these anti Mickey Arthur statements and observations before?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    Any evidence other than two sitting together in pictures
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Yeah IK has nothing better to do than to tell Inzi to pick Yasir Shah for a random meaningless series
    Ik has a known recent history of pushing for players he likes, even if they're not deserving. Younis for example.

Of course there's no evidence unless it comes out in the news but pretty sure that is what happened. He was a out of nowhere selection, hasn't been considered for ODIs in a really long time.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ik has a known recent history of pushing for players he likes, even if they're not deserving. Younis for example.

Of course there's no evidence unless it comes out in the news but pretty sure that is what happened. He was a out of nowhere selection, hasn't been considered for ODIs in a really long time.
    You may have noticed that he is the PM now, which wasn't the case previously. He has a lot on his plate...

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You may have noticed that he is the PM now, which wasn't the case previously. He has a lot on his plate...
    Yet manages to find dedicated time to meet... Yasir Shah. Wouldn't have taken more than 10 seconds to also recommend his selection.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistani cricketers on TV are our equivalent of Republic TV

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I wonder what would have happened to our “legends” if they had not been picked to play cricket?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur is the best coach ever for Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur may not be the best coach but he also did some good things for our team.
    Development of Babar, Sharjeel, Imam, Shaheen, and Hassan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2020 View Post
    Mickey Arthur is the best coach ever for Pakistan.
    I am sorry but Woolmer was the best coach by far Pakistan ever had.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Intikab Alam. Anybody know where he is?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because he was a part of LQ

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inzi selected Abid Ali, Saad Ali and Husnain. It is not Inzi's fault that Arthur did not play Abid Ali & Saad Ali in first 3 ODIs and it is also not Inzi's fault to bat Rizwan at #4 over Saad Ali and Umar Akmal

Arthur is a far bigger culprit than Inzi will ever be.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    Sorry, I beg to differ. There was nothing much special during his time. Players do compliment Woolmer as a coach but we had no clear direction during his time.

He had some unbelievable strategies. Afridi used to open, Malik used to bat #2 #3 while our best batsmen (Yousuf, Inzamam and Younis) were batting at #4 #5 #6. We couldn't even find ONE permanent opener during his time and tried tons of different players. Abdul Razzaq started to decline, while Mohammad Sami was complete ruined. We got some memorable wins but overall we didn't get any long term benefit.

Arthur do has a huge ego and he has his favorites, but he is the one who injected the importance of good fitness and fielding. This is the best fielding side we have ever had. Babar, Shaheen, Hasan and Imam, all of them have been established during Arthur's time, will serve Pakistan greatly in future.

Barring Arthur's favoritism, he has done some good work by brining in the culture of fitness and fielding. For me, Arthur is way better than Woolmer.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnasK View Post
    Sorry, I beg to differ. There was nothing much special during his time. Players do compliment Woolmer as a coach but we had no clear direction during his time.

He had some unbelievable strategies. Afridi used to open, Malik used to bat #2 #3 while our best batsmen (Yousuf, Inzamam and Younis) were batting at #4 #5 #6. We couldn't even find ONE permanent opener during his time and tried tons of different players. Abdul Razzaq started to decline, while Mohammad Sami was complete ruined. We got some memorable wins but overall we didn't get any long term benefit.

Arthur do has a huge ego and he has his favorites, but he is the one who injected the importance of good fitness and fielding. This is the best fielding side we have ever had. Babar, Shaheen, Hasan and Imam, all of them have been established during Arthur's time, will serve Pakistan greatly in future.

Barring Arthur's favoritism, he has done some good work by brining in the culture of fitness and fielding. For me, Arthur is way better than Woolmer.
    It's no secret I'm a Mickey fan but I think you're being harsh on Woolmer on a couple of points.

That era of ODI cricket saw pinch hitters being all the rage. Afridi opened for us under a number of coaches and was fairly successful on a few occasions - notably the Kanpur ODI in 2005. The idea was for him to get us off to fast starts in the first 10-15 overs, and pair him with a "stabiliser" like Hameed or Butt.

I give Malik a lot of grief but in fairness for a couple of years he had a good run at #3.

I do remember Yousuf and Inzamam coming in at 5 and 6 a few times but it wasn't very often - only when the situation required a big hitter up the order or if there was an injury. Razzaq had his best years under Woolmer like Sami was going to deteriorate anyway due to his injury record and lack of composure under pressure. Woolmer himself was Mickey's mentor.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    It's no secret I'm a Mickey fan but I think you're being harsh on Woolmer on a couple of points.

That era of ODI cricket saw pinch hitters being all the rage. Afridi opened for us under a number of coaches and was fairly successful on a few occasions - notably the Kanpur ODI in 2005. The idea was for him to get us off to fast starts in the first 10-15 overs, and pair him with a "stabiliser" like Hameed or Butt.

I give Malik a lot of grief but in fairness for a couple of years he had a good run at #3.

I do remember Yousuf and Inzamam coming in at 5 and 6 a few times but it wasn't very often - only when the situation required a big hitter up the order or if there was an injury. Razzaq had his best years under Woolmer like Sami was going to deteriorate anyway due to his injury record and lack of composure under pressure. Woolmer himself was Mickey's mentor.
    We were using hacks to make strategies, while Inzamam and Younis were batting #5 and #6 which is absurd. Razzaq was nowhere near his best during Woolmer's era.

Woolmer had great communication skills and understood player's psychology but I never felt he was a great team builder and strategist.

I am extremely sorry if this hurts someone, but we glorify Woolmer as a coach because of his unfortunate and untimely death. He was a great server to PCT but was an average coach.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have Shoaib and Rashid done for Pakistan? I trust an ICC tournament winner over a man whose behaviour had him excluded from two consecutive tournaments and another who every time he got selected was a cause of frustration.

Mickey zindabad

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another blunder today added in Mickey's list of blunders by sending debutant Saad Ali in a pressure situation over Imad

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As leg spinners trend these days, I believe they wanted a leg spinner in England condition.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is The coach even looking at batsmen in domestic setup

On one hand Arthur is saying there are no good batsmen that he sees and this guy pops up with a better technique and skills than half the batting lineup under Arthur. What is selection staff and coach smoking ?

Are there other batsmen who are suffering in domestic because of ****** and being overlooked by coach and selectors ?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shhh, you are not supposed to ask common sense stuff, plus what a way to waste the series, i wanted to see saad ali and abid ali to get atleast 3-4 games ea... instead shaan and imam got that privilige and didnt surprise us with their results... hopefully abid ali can keep this up...

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well one thing I know Mickey Arthur would never have tolerated an unfit , loud mouth, drug abusing bowler with genital warts !

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green View Post
    Well one thing I know Mickey Arthur would never have tolerated an unfit , loud mouth, drug abusing bowler with genital warts !
    Or a wicket keeper batsman with an average of 18.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still don't understand why Mohsin Khan was sacked years back. As IK often says in Cricket the importance of the coach is overrated. We don't have the players to challenge the best sides.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    Woolmer was great .... remember how well Pakistan done in 2007 world cup????

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are so many issues with Pakistan cricket.

Man if I was restructuring everything, I’d sort the domestic out first & then set up a scouting department that specifically shortlist domestic players.

At the moment Inzy and Mickey seem to be clueless.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur won Pakistan the Champions Trophy! What have you done Shoaib? Oh yeah you got smacked by Ross Taylor in your last ever ODI!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree that Arthur is not a good talent evaluator. In this series his top blunders are:
    • He did not see that newbie Abid Ali has better technique than both Imam and Shan Abid Ali only get a chance after 3 ODIs and even then it was a game time decision
    • He did not see that newbie Saad Ali does not have the power game He did not play Saad in first 3 ODIs and then finally when he gave him a chance he played him at #6 position which needs a batsman with power game which Saad Ali lacks
    • He bat Rizwan fgs at #4

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Agree that Arthur is not a good talent evaluator. In this series his top blunders are:
    • He did not see that newbie Abid Ali has better technique than both Imam and Shan Abid Ali only get a chance after 3 ODIs and even then it was a game time decision
    • He did not see that newbie Saad Ali does not have the power game He did not play Saad in first 3 ODIs and then finally when he gave him a chance he played him at #6 position which needs a batsman with power game which Saad Ali lacks
    • He bat Rizwan fgs at #4
    Shoaib Akhtar trying to protect his friend Azhar Mahmood and cs Inzamam,

In this answer lies the blame. Why was Saad Ali and Abid Ali selected as #5 and #1 reserve?

CS Inzamam now is in his 3rd year as coach, how did he ignore a strong backfoot player Abid Ali averaging 50 in List A for 3 years and selected playerrs with inferior averages like Shan and Imam?

There is a power hitter and better keeper than Rizwan namely Gauhar Ali. Why Inzamam keeps selecting this sweep shot player who can't play on all four sides of the ground over better players in domestics.

With these inductions most players are now playing for their own places than for the team, Rizwan did'nt care for the target once he reached his 100. Who is responsible for who made the decision to rest 6 players?

Arthur's contract will be over aftert World Cup before they diverted blame on Captain Sarfraz. These diversions to absolve balme from Inzamam won't work long

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Shoaib Akhtar speaking on TV at end of the 3rd ODI

That’s what I have been saying before that Sarfaraz Ahmed has to take charge [from Mickey Arthur]; to take Umer Khan, to take Mohammad Musa or offer to resign; this is the way how captaincy is done and captains like Imran Khan used to fight for their cause

Did Imran Khan ever allow the selection committee to touch his team? The results of that are there for all to see
    Everyone cant tolerate him taking charge on the field,, just imagine the slacks he will get if he tries to take charge off the field as well

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Mickey is a hack, but people are deluded if they think that joker Dean Jones has what it takes to coach Pakistan or any international team for that matter.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One can see a bias against foreign coaches in our former Pakistani players as their interests match. Arthur is an easy target for them but when they blame selector-madeproblems on Micki Arthur than it becomes irritating.

Shoaib Akhtar has never done fair criticism against actions by chief selector Inzamam or his friend Azhar Mahmood who looks after the bowlers in the Pakistan team.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Mickey is a hack, but people are deluded if they think that joker Dean Jones has what it takes to coach Pakistan or any international team for that matter.
    Agreed. Dean Jones has little to do we th IU success.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    Shoaib Akhtar trying to protect his friend Azhar Mahmood and cs Inzamam,

In this answer lies the blame. Why was Saad Ali and Abid Ali selected as #5 and #1 reserve?

CS Inzamam now is in his 3rd year as coach, how did he ignore a strong backfoot player Abid Ali averaging 50 in List A for 3 years and selected playerrs with inferior averages like Shan and Imam?

There is a power hitter and better keeper than Rizwan namely Gauhar Ali. Why Inzamam keeps selecting this sweep shot player who can't play on all four sides of the ground over better players in domestics.

With these inductions most players are now playing for their own places than for the team, Rizwan did'nt care for the target once he reached his 100. Who is responsible for who made the decision to rest 6 players?

Arthur's contract will be over aftert World Cup before they diverted blame on Captain Sarfraz. These diversions to absolve balme from Inzamam won't work long
    Look I agree that Inzi has also been bad; his biggest blunder is him selecting his nephew Imam in ODIs over more deserving batsmen and because of that decision Imam will always be remembered as a par@h!! player no matter how good he perform on field (unless he greatly help Pakistan win WC). Then bringing back Hafeez not dropping Malik Its a big list of things which Inzi screwed up.

But Arhtur has also been very bad. He is not a good talent evaluator, he does not understand a players strength and weaknesses and as a result he does not use a player properly so that Pakistan team gets the most benefit.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Look I agree that Inzi has also been bad; his biggest blunder is him selecting his nephew Imam in ODIs over more deserving batsmen and because of that decision Imam will always be remembered as a par@h!! player no matter how good he perform on field (unless he greatly help Pakistan win WC). Then bringing back Hafeez not dropping Malik Its a big list of things which Inzi screwed up.

But Arhtur has also been very bad. He is not a good talent evaluator, he does not understand a players strength and weaknesses and as a result he does not use a player properly so that Pakistan team gets the most benefit.

ITs not his job to evaluate talent, his job is to make more of the resources available to him.

He can't do anything if Inzi selected Haris Sohail refuses to play making his excuse that he has a bad knee. Selectors for last 3 years have only given him reserves of players he can't drop.

Paksitan had the services of the greatest coaches of all time, Bob Woolmer in 2005-2007. How many players he was able to introduce? Inzamam was captain then. Hafeez averaged 19 as opener yet was persisted. Inzi never allowed superior players like Khurram Shehzad and Ashfaq Ahmed in the team to protect his favorites and one can remember what happened in 2007 WC. He ruined Asim Kamal career

Too many former players and paid media touts have been diverting blame away from chief selector since 2004, as foreign coaches never interfere in the squad selections. Inzimam dictated then and dictates now. He continues to solidify Malik and Hafeez, and now his nephew and son Imaan ul Haq are being pushed into the junior setup.

We need to open our eyes, Arthur won't be there after June 2019.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran has tweeted in favor of Yasir before as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he had recommended for Yasir to be played.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Imran has tweeted in favor of Yasir before as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he had recommended for Yasir to be played.
    By tweeted 'in favour', presumably you're referring to the congratulatory tweet after he broke a record...

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah that’s why we won the CT under him ? He’s not perfect but these comments are stupid as well.

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By tweeted 'in favour', presumably you're referring to the congratulatory tweet after he broke a record...
    Yes and then he said how people made fun of him but these are the only two players (yasir, younis khan) who performed in the test series against srilanka and should've played all the games in the world cup

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and then he said how people made fun of him but these are the only two players (yasir, younis khan) who performed in the test series against srilanka and should've played all the games in the world cup

Last edited by Abdullah719; 2nd April 2019 at 02:42.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaja78 View Post
    ITs not his job to evaluate talent, his job is to make more of the resources available to him.

He can't do anything if Inzi selected Haris Sohail refuses to play making his excuse that he has a bad knee. Selectors for last 3 years have only given him reserves of players he can't drop.

Paksitan had the services of the greatest coaches of all time, Bob Woolmer in 2005-2007. How many players he was able to introduce? Inzamam was captain then. Hafeez averaged 19 as opener yet was persisted. Inzi never allowed superior players like Khurram Shehzad and Ashfaq Ahmed in the team to protect his favorites and one can remember what happened in 2007 WC. He ruined Asim Kamal career

Too many former players and paid media touts have been diverting blame away from chief selector since 2004, as foreign coaches never interfere in the squad selections. Inzimam dictated then and dictates now. He continues to solidify Malik and Hafeez, and now his nephew and son Imaan ul Haq are being pushed into the junior setup.

We need to open our eyes, Arthur won't be there after June 2019.
    and Arthur is spectacularly failing in his primary task which you mentioned in bold.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Yes I know what he said before the previous World Cup.

But the point was that he's the PM now and will simply not have the time or the interest in these matters at all.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes I know what he said before the previous World Cup.

But the point was that he's the PM now and will simply not have the time or the interest in these matters at all.
    I get the feeling IK told Inzi to play Yasir in Aus ODIs. We all know IK and his love for leggies,

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    To be fair, our team ain't a dream team. Even a Phil Jackson would struggle with kind of players we have.

Look at Umar Akmal and his violation of team curfew why the heck is he in team if he ain't even serious enough to go to bed at time

Micky ain't a bad coach. But, let's be honest, our expectations are far far away from reality

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Pakistan cricket team suffered a horrific 5-0 ODI series defeat at the hands of Australia in UAE, as Aaron Finch's men continue to peak before the start of the ICC World Cup. With the series being seen as one of the low phases in recent times of Pakistan cricketer, former batsman Shoaib Mohammad lashed out at the role of professional coach while taking a swipe at current head coach Mickey Arthur.

Since winning the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy, it has been all downhill for the Pakistan cricket team. A failure to reach the final of the 2018 Asia Cup was another example of the unpreparedness of Sarfraz Ahmed's men when it comes to a multi-team tournament.

With less than two months to go for the World Cup, Shoaib highlighted the need to have former players as mentors or coaches in the team, as opposed to those who themselves weren't as good during their playing days.

“If you look at the number of international coaches nowadays and those in the past, you will notice majority of them were failures or average in their playing days. There are exceptions but majority are failures as players,” Shoaib, the son of the legendary Pakistani cricketer Hanif Mohammad, told GTV news.

“I think it is wrong to assume that if you have a coaching degree at any level you can be a good and successful coach. If a person has played top-level cricket successfully he has a far better chance at succeeding at management and coaching,” the man who played 45 Tests for Pakistan said. “No number of written words, software programs or simulations of a particular situation in a cricket match can replace the experience, vision and psychological understanding a professional top player has,” he said.

“He is far more likely to succeed in helping groom and guide a player or help a player who is facing motivational or technical problems. A degree in coaching is helpful but only if you have played cricket at the highest level,” he added.

Further citing the examples of some of the legends of the past era, Shoaib asked how was it possible that some of the biggest names in the history of the sport managed to smash records in the absence of designated coaches.

“How did players like Hanif Muhammad, Sunil Gavaskar or Javed Miandad pile up records without coaches? They didn’t have coaches but they had mentors and that is what is needed in cricket,” he asked.

Highlighting the sorry state of affairs in Pakistan cricket, Shoaib said that he isn't quite surprised with the whitewash Pakistan incurred against the Aussies, especially considering that the coaches haven't been able to help even a single player in the last three years.

“Since the Champions Trophy it has been downhill in Test cricket and ODIs, so is the Australia series drubbing a surprise? In the last three years what is unfortunate is these coaches they have not been able to help even one batsman,” he added.

The sheer character to play longer innings, grill through the tough times and carve out a result, aren't the sort of qualities that have recently been spotted in the Pakistan cricket team. Highlighting the same, Shoaib said: "Our players have not been able to build up their ability to play long innings, develop game sense, show patience when required or have proper stroke selection or finish matches This was very visible in the series against Australia.”

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...stralia/393145

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    People want to pick players on the basis of PSL and now we want to do the same for coaches.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    To be fair, our team ain't a dream team. Even a Phil Jackson would struggle with kind of players we have.

Look at Umar Akmal and his violation of team curfew why the heck is he in team if he ain't even serious enough to go to bed at time

Micky ain't a bad coach. But, let's be honest, our expectations are far far away from reality
    When Travis Baylis took over England post 2015 WC debacle, it was far from a dream team. What Travis did or what good coaches usually do is to make it into a dream team. Also just look at what Richard Pybus did with WI in just one series.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    889 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    People want to pick players on the basis of PSL and now we want to do the same for coaches.
    It's different.

Even if you bring a random street cricketer, can he do any worse than Mickey? No. Because we're now at our worst under Arthur.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    When Travis Baylis took over England post 2015 WC debacle, it was far from a dream team. What Travis did or what good coaches usually do is to make it into a dream team. Also just look at what Richard Pybus did with WI in just one series.
    England's ODI transformation happened under Paul Farbrace not Trevor Bayliss. He inherited Farbrace's team combination after the NZ series.

Pybus is a terrible coach who inherited the good work of Stuart Law. If anything, that win was down to the Jason Holder and Stuart Law combination.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    It's different.

Even if you bring a random street cricketer, can he do any worse than Mickey? No. Because we're now at our worst under Arthur.
    Well I disagree that we've made no progress. We've moved from 9th to 6th, with an ICC trophy in the bag, in ODIs, and 7th to 1st in T20s.

Obviously it's disappointing we haven't made more progress in ODIs especially against top sides but let's see what happens in the World Cup.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green View Post
    Woolmer was great .... remember how well Pakistan done in 2007 world cup????
    Under Woolmer, Pakistan was a very good team which could consistently compete with the likes of Australia, South Africa, India, etc.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Under Woolmer, Pakistan was a very good team which could consistently compete with the likes of Australia, South Africa, India, etc.
    Yeah totally agree . The last time when Pak team toped the odi ranking table. 2006/2007

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No matter what he says i will never take Shoaib seriously.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not just as Shoaib says but Mickey and Inzi will have tough months ahead with the CWC coming if they still keep playing their non performers.
    They showed resilience to drop shehzad n Wahab which was always coming and did that after one bad performance against India in CT 2017 and that took them to crown the title and rest is history.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Disrespectful from Shoaib..that too on the eve of a WC. These ex-players need to keep their mouths shut.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    But capitulated when it mattered the most