Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    34,383
    Mentioned
    1568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    "I'm incredibly impressed by Abid Ali and everything he brought to the side" : Mickey Arthur

    Mickey Arthur at a presser today:

    "We've got 11 games of cricket in May before the World Cup including tour matches, matches vs England and warm-up matches"

    "Absolutely not, we don't compromise on fitness standards. On this tour, our fitness standards and fielding weren't where they needed to be. That's acceptable when you see the likes of Abid Ali, Hasnain, guys who haven't been in our setup before, they don't know the standards expected and we'll work with them"

    "The guys who have been in our setup for a long period of time, who know what the standards are, we'll never compromise on fitness"

    "All of our key players, I have no doubt are fit enough and ready to go for the World Cup"

    "Abid Ali was very impressive this tour. He came into the setup and his attitude and work ethic, the extra little bit of work he did through the tour was incredible. He's a hungry man who wants to play cricket for Pakistan. I'm incredibly impressed by him and everything he brought to the side. I thought the hundred he got on debut was a very good innings"

    "We're very clear on the team that's going to represent Pakistan at the World Cup. We have individual player plans for all the players. Inzi, myself and the selectors will sit together in the next couple of days and discuss the World Cup squad"

    "Umar Akmal's attitude throughout the tour was very good. All I can say is that he arrived there and worked and trained hard, he tried hard to impress in all areas and he'll be disappointed he didn't get a big innings"

    "There will be individual player plans for all the players going to the World Cup as well as reserve players. During a World Cup you can have injuries, you need players to come in so we need them fit and firing. So probably around 18 players will have individual player plans from now on"

    "We're pretty sure of our best six bowlers, we'll take five of them"

    "I think death bowling is something we need to nail and nail properly"

    "I thought Hasnain came through this tour exceptionally well, he showed us a bit of what he has to offer which is very exciting"

    "I love Asif Ali, I think he's a phenomenal cricketer. But by his own admission he had a poor Asia Cup. The same guys who are talking about him at 6 now crucified him at the Asia Cup. He's get a way to go in terms of building an innings, and if he's to walk in at over 20-28. We know at the back end he's unbelievably dangerous. In ODIs you need to build an innings and those are things he'll learn, we'll keep developing him as he has the potential to be that finisher for us at #6"

    "I found out about Umar Akmal's shenanigans after the last ODI. Yasir Shah is very embarrassed about that video, I had 5-10 mins at the airport with him and he was embarrassed. I think it was very innocent though"

    "Rizwan played well, he had a great tour. We know he's a very good cricketer and he's a valuable member of the squad. But we have to know that Sarfaraz Ahmed is the captain and our first choice wicket-keeper"


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    916
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Asif is going & Umar Staying Home(IA) ���� was Yasir Shah @ the concert too?


    Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    6,087
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting comments re Asif.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    110,845
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's cricket coach Micky Arthur said on Tuesday that the 5-0 loss against Australia was "incredibly hard", but accounted the poor performance to the lack of key players in the squad.

    “We hate losing as a team — it’s not part of our vocabulary. Losing 5-0 was incredibly hard. We didn’t have our best team against Australia,” Arthur said while addressing a press conference in Lahore

    He added that no compromises will be made on players' fitness with the World Cup right around the corner. “There will be no compromise on players’ fitness. We will conduct fitness tests on April 14. We will [then] sit down with the selection committee and make decisions about the World Cup squad.”

    Arthur said that he and the management were sure about their squad picks for the World Cup and the strategy they would be using to train for the mega event.

    Going back to Pakistan's dismal performance against the team from down under Arthur said, "The series against Australia was disappointing — but there were positive takeaways. We gave opportunity to new talent in order to test them."

    He said that five centuries in the series and Hasnain's debut were the a major positive outcome from the games played against Australia.

    Arthur further said that Sarfaraz is the management's first pick as a wicket keeper and new-comer Asif Ali will be focusing on taking the sixth spot i the batting lineup.

    "We need to give him confidence," Arthur said.

    https://www.dawn.com/news/1473443/5-...rd-says-arthur


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,705
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its confirmed asif ali is part of the 15.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    15,089
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif Ali is awful. Don't want him there.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2006
    Runs
    418
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Mickey's not going to be taking Asif Ali to the World Cup then.

    The way he is talking about potential and development of the player, its someone who they work to get better for the future - not now. So it seems like they'll leave him.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    3,270
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Asif Ali should spend as much time with his daughter as possible. I don't think anybody would be ready for a foreign tour in Asif's situation.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    450
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So happy Asif Ali, Babar Azam and Fakhar Zaman are the only ones with the potential to win us matches. I hope they come through if they do and with our pacers and conditions suiting us, we have a strong chance to make top 4.

    If Asif Ali can learn to stay for just 12-14 overs then we all know 60-70 off 30-40 balls is on the cards. With our pathetic middle order batting we need this kind of finish.

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    31
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif Ali could be the Inzimam of 1992 for us in this worldcup. We need to give him confidence. He is the only person is the probables right now who can hit the ball cleanly. On his day, he can win games single handedly. You need player like him to chase or set big totals.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    22,323
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Uh....I read to mean that Asif Ali is not going

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,081
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Asif Ali is awful. Don't want him there.
    I agree, He is a T20 Hack. They didn't even tried him, now suddenly he is back in Reckoning. Garbage planning ...

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    636
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear God no! Don't bring Asif Ali! Useless player, probably the worst batsmen (along with Asad Shafiq) to ever play for Pakistan.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,321
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Dear God no! Don't bring Asif Ali! Useless player, probably the worst batsmen (along with Asad Shafiq) to ever play for Pakistan.
    I do not know how everyone thinks he is going. Mickey made it clear he will not be in reckoning for this WC as he needs to develop into a long inning player.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    450
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPremi View Post
    I do not know how everyone thinks he is going. Mickey made it clear he will not be in reckoning for this WC as he needs to develop into a long inning player.
    Which they may try to do during the One day cup and then the England series. They will take one of Umar Akmal or Asif Ali for sure, I reckon Iftikhar has an outside chance. Umar akmal was just tried and seems he wont pass the fitness. Asif has a good chance.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    16,482
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HGhazanfar View Post
    Which they may try to do during the One day cup and then the England series. They will take one of Umar Akmal or Asif Ali for sure, I reckon Iftikhar has an outside chance. Umar akmal was just tried and seems he wont pass the fitness. Asif has a good chance.
    Imad Wasim in the late order really really hurts our chances, sadly.

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,137
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last bit about Umar Akmal's shenanigans got me confused. Why is Yasir Shah embarrassed about it?

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    4,114
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    That last bit about Umar Akmal's shenanigans got me confused. Why is Yasir Shah embarrassed about it?
    Yasir shah is embarrassed coz of the tik tok video he made with a girl (not his wife).

  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    450
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Imad Wasim in the late order really really hurts our chances, sadly.
    If they love experimenting they can try the below lineup, seen enough of Hassan Ali to think that if he works hard on his batting he could be a possible pinch hitter or number 6 batsmen. Know alot of people would bash this lineup but it could work with Fakhar to attack from the top of the order, Babar is also good in the Powerplay and slows down in the middle overs, Babar and Haris could control the middle orders with Hafeez the anchor between rotating and playing the shots. We can start the attacking with Asif Ali, Hassan and Faheem and Sarfraz their to guide and rotate strike during the end overs. If this clicks its the only way we can chase big totals, currently we have too many guys playing less than 90 strike rate and then the lack of power hitting means we cant finish games or chase them.

    1. Babar
    2. Fakhar
    3. Haris
    4. Hafeez
    5. Asif Ali
    6. Hassan Ali
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Faheem
    9. Shadab

  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,121
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think they will go with the same 11 that went to SA

    Remaining four would be Haris, rizwan, faheem and Junaid

    11 would be

    Imam
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Shadab
    Hasan
    Amir
    SSA

    Reserves for injury replacements would be Shinwari, Shan, Yasir shah, Asif Ali, Umar Akmal

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    17,299
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Mickey Arthur at a presser today:

    "We've got 11 games of cricket in May before the World Cup including tour matches, matches vs England and warm-up matches"

    "Absolutely not, we don't compromise on fitness standards. On this tour, our fitness standards and fielding weren't where they needed to be. That's acceptable when you see the likes of Abid Ali, Hasnain, guys who haven't been in our setup before, they don't know the standards expected and we'll work with them"

    "The guys who have been in our setup for a long period of time, who know what the standards are, we'll never compromise on fitness"

    "All of our key players, I have no doubt are fit enough and ready to go for the World Cup"

    "Abid Ali was very impressive this tour. He came into the setup and his attitude and work ethic, the extra little bit of work he did through the tour was incredible. He's a hungry man who wants to play cricket for Pakistan. I'm incredibly impressed by him and everything he brought to the side. I thought the hundred he got on debut was a very good innings"

    "We're very clear on the team that's going to represent Pakistan at the World Cup. We have individual player plans for all the players. Inzi, myself and the selectors will sit together in the next couple of days and discuss the World Cup squad"

    "Umar Akmal's attitude throughout the tour was very good. All I can say is that he arrived there and worked and trained hard, he tried hard to impress in all areas and he'll be disappointed he didn't get a big innings"

    "There will be individual player plans for all the players going to the World Cup as well as reserve players. During a World Cup you can have injuries, you need players to come in so we need them fit and firing. So probably around 18 players will have individual player plans from now on"

    "We're pretty sure of our best six bowlers, we'll take five of them"

    "I think death bowling is something we need to nail and nail properly"

    "I thought Hasnain came through this tour exceptionally well, he showed us a bit of what he has to offer which is very exciting"

    "I love Asif Ali, I think he's a phenomenal cricketer. But by his own admission he had a poor Asia Cup. The same guys who are talking about him at 6 now crucified him at the Asia Cup. He's get a way to go in terms of building an innings, and if he's to walk in at over 20-28. We know at the back end he's unbelievably dangerous. In ODIs you need to build an innings and those are things he'll learn, we'll keep developing him as he has the potential to be that finisher for us at #6"

    "I found out about Umar Akmal's shenanigans after the last ODI. Yasir Shah is very embarrassed about that video, I had 5-10 mins at the airport with him and he was embarrassed. I think it was very innocent though"

    "Rizwan played well, he had a great tour. We know he's a very good cricketer and he's a valuable member of the squad. But we have to know that Sarfaraz Ahmed is the captain and our first choice wicket-keeper"
    so many wrongs with Mickey Arthur

    • He is incredibly impressed by Abid Ali and yet he did not play him the first 3 ODIs and only play him in the 4th ODI as a game time decision.
    • He knew Rizwan is not going to play once Sarfraz comes back and yet he play Rizwan at main #4 position.
    • He play newbie Saad Ali at #6 position where big hitting is a requirement and everybody know Saad Ali is not a big hitting batsman.


    I am just surprised that this guy still has the job. He has done so many blunders.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    9,935
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One interview and a hundred different interpretations from the PPers. Lol

    Look we have our eggs in the Mickey, Inzi, Sarfaraz basket now so just support them. We all have our views and favorites but is it really worth banging on the drums and slitting our wrists on who goes and doesn’t go? Way I see it they are all mostly on the same level and only three or four really pick themselves. We can debate the rest till infinity and beyond but they will all be just opinions of arm chair critics and fans..

    Back the coaches and selectors and the team and support the team. Let’s go our Men in Green!

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    29
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Mickey Arthur at a presser today:

    "We've got 11 games of cricket in May before the World Cup including tour matches, matches vs England and warm-up matches"

    "Absolutely not, we don't compromise on fitness standards. On this tour, our fitness standards and fielding weren't where they needed to be. That's acceptable when you see the likes of Abid Ali, Hasnain, guys who haven't been in our setup before, they don't know the standards expected and we'll work with them"

    "The guys who have been in our setup for a long period of time, who know what the standards are, we'll never compromise on fitness"

    "All of our key players, I have no doubt are fit enough and ready to go for the World Cup"

    "Abid Ali was very impressive this tour. He came into the setup and his attitude and work ethic, the extra little bit of work he did through the tour was incredible. He's a hungry man who wants to play cricket for Pakistan. I'm incredibly impressed by him and everything he brought to the side. I thought the hundred he got on debut was a very good innings"

    "We're very clear on the team that's going to represent Pakistan at the World Cup. We have individual player plans for all the players. Inzi, myself and the selectors will sit together in the next couple of days and discuss the World Cup squad"

    "Umar Akmal's attitude throughout the tour was very good. All I can say is that he arrived there and worked and trained hard, he tried hard to impress in all areas and he'll be disappointed he didn't get a big innings"

    "There will be individual player plans for all the players going to the World Cup as well as reserve players. During a World Cup you can have injuries, you need players to come in so we need them fit and firing. So probably around 18 players will have individual player plans from now on"

    "We're pretty sure of our best six bowlers, we'll take five of them"

    "I think death bowling is something we need to nail and nail properly"

    "I thought Hasnain came through this tour exceptionally well, he showed us a bit of what he has to offer which is very exciting"

    "I love Asif Ali, I think he's a phenomenal cricketer. But by his own admission he had a poor Asia Cup. The same guys who are talking about him at 6 now crucified him at the Asia Cup. He's get a way to go in terms of building an innings, and if he's to walk in at over 20-28. We know at the back end he's unbelievably dangerous. In ODIs you need to build an innings and those are things he'll learn, we'll keep developing him as he has the potential to be that finisher for us at #6"

    "I found out about Umar Akmal's shenanigans after the last ODI. Yasir Shah is very embarrassed about that video, I had 5-10 mins at the airport with him and he was embarrassed. I think it was very innocent though"

    "Rizwan played well, he had a great tour. We know he's a very good cricketer and he's a valuable member of the squad. But we have to know that Sarfaraz Ahmed is the captain and our first choice wicket-keeper"
    Hope that Abid Ali gets selected for the World Cup Squad; he looks solid.

  24. #24
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    29
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    One interview and a hundred different interpretations from the PPers. Lol

    Look we have our eggs in the Mickey, Inzi, Sarfaraz basket now so just support them. We all have our views and favorites but is it really worth banging on the drums and slitting our wrists on who goes and doesn’t go? Way I see it they are all mostly on the same level and only three or four really pick themselves. We can debate the rest till infinity and beyond but they will all be just opinions of arm chair critics and fans..

    Back the coaches and selectors and the team and support the team. Let’s go our Men in Green!
    I agree with your approach; very positive.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,321
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    One interview and a hundred different interpretations from the PPers. Lol

    Look we have our eggs in the Mickey, Inzi, Sarfaraz basket now so just support them. We all have our views and favorites but is it really worth banging on the drums and slitting our wrists on who goes and doesn’t go? Way I see it they are all mostly on the same level and only three or four really pick themselves. We can debate the rest till infinity and beyond but they will all be just opinions of arm chair critics and fans..

    Back the coaches and selectors and the team and support the team. Let’s go our Men in Green!
    Sensible poster atlast Hallelujah

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    2,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UAK View Post
    Asif Ali could be the Inzimam of 1992 for us in this worldcup. We need to give him confidence. He is the only person is the probables right now who can hit the ball cleanly. On his day, he can win games single handedly. You need player like him to chase or set big totals.
    On his day.. when will his day come? May be too late

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,413
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    "I love Asif Ali, I think he's a phenomenal cricketer. But by his own admission he had a poor Asia Cup. The same guys who are talking about him at 6 now crucified him at the Asia Cup.
    it's almost as if he reads Pak Passion

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    27,748
    Mentioned
    4656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Mubarak @Syed1 Sarfraz selection is 100% confirmed now, he is Mickey and Inzi's favourite but this must be as good as winning the WC for you Sarfraz to bring it home


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,137
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    Yasir shah is embarrassed coz of the tik tok video he made with a girl (not his wife).
    I just saw that video. Gold!

    What characters we have in our team lol!

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,915
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abid is a must on the plane to England - along with Hasnain

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    6,630
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HGhazanfar View Post
    Which they may try to do during the One day cup and then the England series. They will take one of Umar Akmal or Asif Ali for sure, I reckon Iftikhar has an outside chance. Umar akmal was just tried and seems he wont pass the fitness. Asif has a good chance.
    I read it as not going,
    If he had a shout they would have played him at 6 in the last games instead of saad Ali. That would make more sense.
    Unless they gave him the time to be with his daughter


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,711
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Power-hitting a concern for Pakistan, says Mickey Arthur

    Mickey Arthur, the Pakistan coach, has cited one area of concern for Pakistan at the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019: the lack of power-hitting.

    Pakistan were blanked 5-0 against Australia in the United Arab Emirates, and despite a couple of individual performances, their batting was by and large found wanting. When batting first, they failed to press home the advantage, and when chasing, they struggled to take it down to the wire, even losing by 80 runs in the decisive third one-day international.

    There were plenty of centuries – two each from Haris Sohail and Mohammad Rizwan, and one from Abid Ali – but as filled as they were with strokes, there was no muscle and power. Arthur was left longing for that.

    “That's one of our areas of concern," said Arthur. “We have to make sure that we get our guys to bat in those positions as best as they can. That's the reason we used Faheem Ashraf in two games. He has done hell of a work in that regard and we wanted to give him more batting time. We have worked really hard with Imad Wasim in that role.

    “Hasan [Ali] can hit the ball long distances. Shadab [Khan] has worked extremely hard on that aspect of his game. Shoaib Malik and Mohammad Hafeez have worked consistently on their power-hitting. But it is an area that is a worry, and we have to work extremely hard to rectify it.”

    The series was a test of Pakistan’s bench strength, and despite the loss, it did throw up some interesting talking points ahead of the World Cup, fitness being the top-most among them.

    “I've already asked our skill coaches to give me what they think is necessary for our players. That might be working on death bowling, on variations or bowling slower balls,” he said. “Power-hitting is the one on which we need to work constantly. I've asked the skill coaches to give me those plans and we will start implementing in the next couple of days.

    "Plus, we need our players to have optimum fitness levels. We saw the difference in the field between our normal players, the guys with whom we've worked for two years, and the players who have just came to our system. The gap is massive, we can't have that happen ever again.”

    Pakistan’s preparations for the World Cup aren’t done yet. They head to England later this month, where they will play a solitary Twenty20 International and five ODIs. Arthur said this would be the “best-prepared squad that’s ever left Pakistan” for the World Cup.

    https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/1155149

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    lahore
    Runs
    1,186
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    Dear God no! Don't bring Asif Ali! Useless player, probably the worst batsmen (along with Asad Shafiq) to ever play for Pakistan.
    We must include Asif Ali as he is only power hitter in the team. He will not do worse than Malik in England

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    34,383
    Mentioned
    1568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    20 and 0 for Abid in Pak Cup so far.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  35. #35
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,413
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He can get a run in the side after the World Cup.

    Right now top 4 is sealed.

    Imam
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Haris

  36. #36
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,085
    Mentioned
    1108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Excellent to read he's in the squad.

    Good to see a consistent domestic grafter rewarded instead of these six week PSL wonders.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    27,748
    Mentioned
    4656 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Excellent to read he's in the squad.

    Good to see a consistent domestic grafter rewarded instead of these six week PSL wonders.
    Plus he only had one shot to prove his worth that too due to an injury to some other guy, that is one shot after all those years of paying his dues while he was getting buried in the grind domestic circuit toiling hard and scoring runs but never given a single chance, but he was given just one opportunity on that day and anything less then a 100 probably wouldn't have got him selected unfortunately. All the best to him, he clearly has character.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,085
    Mentioned
    1108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Plus he only had one shot to prove his worth that too due to an injury to some other guy, that is one shot after all those years of paying his dues while he was getting buried in the grind domestic circuit toiling hard and scoring runs but never given a single chance, but he was given just one opportunity on that day and anything less then a 100 probably wouldn't have got him selected unfortunately. All the best to him, he clearly has character.
    This is probably the best set of openers we've taken to a WC since 1996.

    Not saying they're amazing individual openers as each have their flaws, but relatively speaking.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    4,114
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    This is probably the best set of openers we've taken to a WC since 1996.

    Not saying they're amazing individual openers as each have their flaws, but relatively speaking.
    In The last wc we had Shahzad, nasir jamshed and younis khan as openers. What a Joke of a team that was.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    15,089
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not in favour of him being selected.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •