Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 246
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    36,236
    Mentioned
    1608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    23 probables undergo fitness tests at National Cricket Academy ahead of World Cup squad announcement

    Lahore, 4 April 2019:

    The national selection committee, following discussion with head coach Mickey Arthur, today invited 23 probables for the fitness test, which will be held at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore on 15 and 16 April.

    The selection committee also confirmed the squad for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 will be announced on 18 April in Lahore. Time of the media conference will be confirmed in due course, while there will be no media engagements or activities from 15 April until the official squad announcement.

    Probables (in alphabetical order):

    · Sarfaraz Ahmed (captain)
    · Abid Ali
    · Asif Ali
    · Babar Azam
    · Faheem Ashraf
    · Fakhar Zaman
    · Haris Sohail
    · Hassan Ali
    · Imad Wasim
    · Imam-ul-Haq
    · Junaid Khan
    · Mohammad Abbas
    · Mohammad Amir
    · Mohammad Hafeez
    · Mohammad Hasnain
    · Mohammad Nawaz
    · Mohammad Rizwan
    · Shadab Khan
    · Shaheen Shah Afridi
    · Shan Masood
    · Shoaib Malik
    · Usman Shinwari
    · Yasir Shah

    The Pakistan cricket team will depart for England on 23 April where they will play England in a series of practice and international matches, before entering the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 against the Windies on 31 May at Trent Bridge.

    The following is the Pakistan cricket team’s schedule of England:

    Series v England

    23 April – Departure for England
    27 April – v Kent (50-over practice match) (d)
    29 April – v Northamptonshire (50-over match) (d)
    1 May – v Leicestershire (T20 match) (d/n)
    5 May – v England (only T20I), Cardiff (d)
    8 May – 1st ODI v England, The Oval (d)
    11 May – 2nd ODI v England, Hampshire (d)
    14 May – 3rd ODI v England, Bristol (d)
    17 May – 4th ODI v England, Trent Bridge (d)
    19 May – 5th ODI v England, Leeds (d)

    ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 schedule:

    24 May – v Afghanistan (warm-up), Bristol (d)
    26 May – v Bangladesh (warm-up), Cardiff (d)
    31 May – v Windies, Trent Bridge (d)
    3 June – v England, Trent Bridge (d)
    7 June – v Sri Lanka, Bristol (d)
    12 June – v Australia, Taunton (d)
    16 June – v India, Old Trafford (d)
    23 June – v South Africa, Lord’s (d)
    26 June – v New Zealand, Edgbaston (d)
    29 June – v Afghanistan, Headingley (d)
    5 July – v Bangladesh, Lord’s (d/n)


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    19,264
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, no Umar Akmal in probables?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,781
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Abdul wahab Riaz then😉 or Umar akmal

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    4,115
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Wow, no Umar Akmal in probables?
    Pretty harsh tbh. Especially considering that Yasir shah is there.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    33,375
    Mentioned
    1127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Mohammed Nawaz is in the probables ? What a joke, when will we end our obsession with these pseudo all-rounders.

    Yasir Shah shouldn't be there either.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    19,264
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I find it strange how Mohammad Abbas, Yasir Shah and Mohammad Nawaz are 'probably' ODI players and Umar Akmal is not.

    The guy seems to have really annoyed some of the key decision makers.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,476
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If even after this series Inzi still puts Abbas and Shah in his top 23 then you can tell how utterly incompetent and corrupt this man is.


    Mein inko rolaonga

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    4,115
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I find it strange how Mohammad Abbas, Yasir Shah and Mohammad Nawaz are 'probably' ODI players and Umar Akmal is not.

    The guy seems to have really annoyed some of the key decision makers.
    I'm not too fond of Umar Akmal but this is just too harsh on him. Nawaz, Abbas and yasir shah have been selected over him.that's just disrespectful

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    19,264
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How These players are much more likely to play and perform in ODI cricket as compared to Umar Akmal is shocking. Yes some of them are bowlers but they are still pretty useless in this format!

    · Asif Ali
    · Imam-ul-Haq
    · Mohammad Abbas
    · Mohammad Nawaz
    · Mohammad Rizwan
    · Shan Masood
    · Shoaib Malik
    · Yasir Shah

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    11,821
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will be scoring 220-250 scores in all the matches. Teams will thrash Pakistan. Even Afgh might beat us.
    Umar Akmal should’ve been included. Inzi selects Imam, Yasir, Abbas but not Umar Akmal. Shows his thinking.

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    11,821
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan simply doesn’t have any batsman who can hit sixes apart from Hafeez, Imad and Umar Akmal.
    Our management is clueless.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    2,197
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I find it strange how Mohammad Abbas, Yasir Shah and Mohammad Nawaz are 'probably' ODI players and Umar Akmal is not.

    The guy seems to have really annoyed some of the key decision makers.
    We all know none of them will make the cut.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    4,115
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Pakistan will be scoring 220-250 scores in all the matches. Teams will thrash Pakistan. Even Afgh might beat us.
    Umar Akmal should’ve been included. Inzi selects Imam, Yasir, Abbas but not Umar Akmal. Shows his thinking.
    Should have included Haris Rauf over Abbas. This is just so frustrating. The wanted Yasir to perform in wc15 and he failed now they're repeating it again. Why doesn't Inzamam understand???

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    4,115
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    We all know none of them will make the cut.
    It's not about them making the cut. It's about leaving Umar out. Should have been included. What has Asif Ali ever done?
    The guy can't last 20 balls for his life.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    19,264
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The other key issue I find with this list of probables is that the one guy who can bowl genuine pace is probably not going to make the side (Mohammad Hasnain). Why is PCB wasting its time on guys like Mohammad Abbas when they could well create serious competition for the likes of Junaid Khan and Shinwari by adding Harris Rauf and Wahab Riaz in the equation.

    Pakistan will go to a world cup with bowlers hitting 88MPH max!
    Last edited by Rana; 4th April 2019 at 20:42.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    7,116
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah, Mohammad Nawaz...

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    19,264
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Pakistan will be scoring 220-250 scores in all the matches. Teams will thrash Pakistan. Even Afgh might beat us.
    Umar Akmal should’ve been included. Inzi selects Imam, Yasir, Abbas but not Umar Akmal. Shows his thinking.
    Im afraid I dont think its Inzi's call here.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,709
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    I find it strange how Mohammad Abbas, Yasir Shah and Mohammad Nawaz are 'probably' ODI players and Umar Akmal is not.

    The guy seems to have really annoyed some of the key decision makers.
    No worries. If all 1st choice players are fit. They won't make it to the Final 15

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,476
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hasnain who is atleast 2 years away from being an international quality bowler is in the training camp, but no Rauf who has looked like the superior bowler every time. Mashallah Inzi


    Mein inko rolaonga

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    822
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The likes of Imad Asif, chasing - 60 runs with 7 wckts remaining the comedy that is going to follow, this is going too be a looong world cup.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    245
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love coming to this thread and seeing all the posters annoyed about Umar’s exclusion.

    Like his brother we have had to deal with years of mediocrity from him, and watch more deserving cricketers rot on the sidelines.

    I hope this is the final nail in his career.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    19,264
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    I love coming to this thread and seeing all the posters annoyed about Umar’s exclusion.

    Like his brother we have had to deal with years of mediocrity from him, and watch more deserving cricketers rot on the sidelines.

    I hope this is the final nail in his career.
    The guy scored a 136* and a 99 in the space of a few days with a strike rate of 120+. He also had a successful PSL campaign just about a month ago. He's here to stay. What did Shoaib Malik do in these last few months that makes his automatically better than Umar Akmal?

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    42,233
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yasir shah?

    Whats wrong with inzamam ul haq.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,878
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Wow, no Umar Akmal in probables?
    What is the wow about?
    Are you not fed up with the ugly slog into the leg side all the time?

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    3,275
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah??
    Nawaz??
    Abbass???

    Is Inzimam ul Haq not accountable to anybody for his atrocious decisions???

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    19,264
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    What is the wow about?
    Are you not fed up with the ugly slog into the leg side all the time?
    I would not have been surprised if he did not make the final 15. I am shocked that he was not even in the list of probables. There is clearly an agenda to keep him out at all costs.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,888
    Mentioned
    2168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Basically, they had this list in pocket long back, brought it to public at the last moment so that there is few days for reaction. However, they normally allow 30 players for initial squad, therefore I think after PAK Cup, few names will be added.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    245
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    The guy scored a 136* and a 99 in the space of a few days with a strike rate of 120+. He also had a successful PSL campaign just about a month ago. He's here to stay. What did Shoaib Malik do in these last few months that makes his automatically better than Umar Akmal?
    The definition of madness of doing something again and again and expecting a different result.

    Umar has been given considerable chances at the international level. Despite his positive start and obvious talent - his performance level has not been satisfactory, his fitness is awful and he has disciplinary issues. For these reasons he has been dropped. At the domestic level, his poor technique, fitness issues and bad discipline has less of n effect and he is able to get runs. As such, he gets selected despite no visible improvement in fitness or technique or game awareness.

    This leads to failure at the international level. So he is dropped. He goes back and scores runs at domestic level and uneducated impulsive fans along with the media ask for his inclusion and so he’s given another chance. He fails again...goes back to domestic and scores run...and......


    You get the idea. He has had enough chances. I believe his career is done because his attitude stinks and he will never improve.

    As for Malik, he is the least deserving member of the likely squad that will travel to England. Two wrongs don’t make a right.
    Last edited by Forum363; 4th April 2019 at 21:05.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    696
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HARIS RAUF has bowled exceptionally well in the PSL and now one day-cup. Especially the last two matches I've watched him bowl, good lengths and knows when to use the slower ball and yorkers.

    In todays match he's got one wicket so far in 4 over or so but has got a couple of edges and just missed the wicket with yorkers.

    HARIS RAUF IS A MUST I REPEAT HARIS RAUF IS A MUST. Even if he is just in the probables, Pakistan needs him.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    492
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad the overweight hack Umar Akmal is not on the list but Abbas, Shah and Nawaz being included is a joke.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,476
    Mentioned
    1937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Umar scoring in domestics is like a university drop out going back to high school and passing basic algebra with flying colors. It means absolutely nothing.


    Besides we all know the standard of fielding in domestics, he probably got dropped a couple of times on his way to his ton and near-ton.


    I'm glad corrupt, incompetent Inzi atleast took one decision right and didn't pick water boy.


    Mein inko rolaonga

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to know Sir @Mamoon's take on this.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    HARIS RAUF has bowled exceptionally well in the PSL and now one day-cup. Especially the last two matches I've watched him bowl, good lengths and knows when to use the slower ball and yorkers.

    In todays match he's got one wicket so far in 4 over or so but has got a couple of edges and just missed the wicket with yorkers.

    HARIS RAUF IS A MUST I REPEAT HARIS RAUF IS A MUST. Even if he is just in the probables, Pakistan needs him.
    Haris rauf is not even in the probables.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    696
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Hamza View Post
    Haris rauf is not even in the probables.
    That's what i'm saying he needs to be in there atleast. He will definately be more threatening than Abbas at least.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    514
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Yasir shah? Are they blind ?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    490
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal got his chance 5 matches straight and did not perform, if we go by his current domestic performance than why not give another middle order bat a try in the england series.

    Wahab deserves a call up, Abbass, Junaid and Amir should not have been included don't offer any kind of threat pace has fallen significantly and none of them are or ever will be Asif.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    4,222
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not good, when will we get rid of this incompetent selector, can't wait.

    Very harsh on UA ( looks like a persona grudge ) and even harsher in Wahab. What the purpose of this Pakistan cup , no performance won;t count.
    Similarly, what Nawaz , Abbas and Yasir Shah are supposed to do with WC ?

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliq_Mudasir View Post
    Why Yasir shah? Are they blind ?
    No, they r deaf also as they r not listening to anyone who is a well wisher of Pak cricket.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    12,491
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have even taken Raza Hassan over Yasir Shah let alone deserving spinners like Zafar and Umer Khan. Atleast Raza Hassan had a reputation of being a decent limited overs spinner unlike Yasir and still has much superior record in Lista A than Yasir. Even in List A Yasir averages 33+.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2019
    Runs
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Not good, when will we get rid of this incompetent selector, can't wait.

    Very harsh on UA ( looks like a persona grudge ) and even harsher in Wahab. What the purpose of this Pakistan cup , no performance won;t count.
    Similarly, what Nawaz , Abbas and Yasir Shah are supposed to do with WC ?
    Performance in PSL counts now a days. Its an easy way to get into the PAK team. No need to grind it out in domestics, this is what INZY is saying.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    7,156
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is only a list of probables they could have named wahab, shehzad and UA.
    The 15 member squad picks by itself. Only thing that they can think of taking shan or another extra pacer. To me i will take another extra pacer.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    490
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems clear, Amir will be going thats why they have announced the call up for tests right now rather than in the middle of the cup where players and bowlers threatning Amirs spot would perform and put pressure on selectors. They did this during the PSL aswell announced the Australian series squad right away rather than waiting for the entire tournament to finish.

    Inzamam is a very clever and corrupt selector, he does this every time. When there was pressure on dropping Imam and squad selection for South Africa he did not even bother addressing media rather sent a video out. Than when asked about Imams selection on tour he said if he doesn't perform he can be dropped, why give him so mahny failures ina row 10+ in a row and others only 1-2 games.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    2,166
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris Rauf Umer khan and Aamer Yamin should have been their IMO

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    4,115
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    It is only a list of probables they could have named wahab, shehzad and UA.
    The 15 member squad picks by itself. Only thing that they can think of taking shan or another extra pacer. To me i will take another extra pacer.
    We're not England or Aus of the 90s. Our team changes a lot. Anyone could have made it.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    619
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Yasir Shah, Muhammad Abbas don't make the cut. Muhammad Hasnain is not ready for ODI yet but man all these matches will really give him such a good learning experience maybe take him as a wild card.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    1,083
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World Cup preparation is a 4 years process, I dont think we can make drastic changes just 2 months before WC. Although Yasir Shah shouldn't be there since he is not a ODI bowler.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,357
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pathetic and downright disgusting to have Yasir Shah there!

    What's the point of having Shan Masood, Nawaz, and Abbas there?

    They should have waited until after the Pakistan Cup to announce the squad. Haris Rauf should have been there!

  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    11,552
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Inzi is nothing but a complete hypocrite and liar. First he wanted to bring new players in World Cup XI but same old failure are called for fitness test. Looks like he didn't learn anything from 5-0. Most likely we will not even win 2 matches in World Cup. Inzi deserve to be sacked.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    490
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Inzi is nothing but a complete hypocrite and liar. First he wanted to bring new players in World Cup XI but same old failure are called for fitness test. Looks like he didn't learn anything from 5-0. Most likely we will not even win 2 matches in World Cup. Inzi deserve to be sacked.
    Sad part is his sacking after we loose the world cup will mean 4 yrs wasted. The board should intervene and push Wahab and other performers into the England series squad and then submit the world cup squad in May.

    Inzi always announces squads early to protect certain selections.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    2,561
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Best WC squad ever selected"

    -@Bilal7

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    394
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    strange to see abbas and Yasir shah there I was expecting umar and Wahab to sneak in after their performances in Pakistan cup

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    490
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should let media mediate the fitness test and should be displayed publically, we all know Haris Sohail and Imad Wasim will go to England even after failing the test.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    822
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rather take malik than akmal, malik will at least win a couple of games on his own.

    Akmal on the other hand will lose pak games that they have in there pocket as he has done on numerous occasions.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    29,034
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan's chances of winning the world cup go down by 30% by not considering Umar Akmal and Wahab Riaz.

    It's as if we have already given up.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    29,034
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAli98 View Post
    Rather take malik than akmal, malik will at least win a couple of games on his own.

    Akmal on the other hand will lose pak games that they have in there pocket as he has done on numerous occasions.
    Malik's cricket is finished. Also Hafeez will be a big time liability. Only time will prove but people who follow Pak cricket closely can see zero contribution from the likes of Hafeez, Malik and Yasir in the world cup. Some Pak fans are living in lala land where they think Pak will be able to restrict opposition for any score less than 300. When 300 is on this batting line up will definitely crash as their base is built around 250s totals.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,191
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    How These players are much more likely to play and perform in ODI cricket as compared to Umar Akmal is shocking. Yes some of them are bowlers but they are still pretty useless in this format!

    · Asif Ali
    · Imam-ul-Haq
    · Mohammad Abbas
    · Mohammad Nawaz
    · Mohammad Rizwan
    · Shan Masood
    · Shoaib Malik
    · Yasir Shah
    This is a crazed post....Imam is one of the best young batsmen going, Ali is a terrific striker hwo deserves a continued run in the team a,d Rizwan just hit two centuries against Australia. Can you explain why they are worse than Akmal?

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    31,124
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah and Nawaz are awful decisions.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    4,115
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Pakistan's chances of winning the world cup go down by 30% by not considering Umar Akmal and Wahab Riaz.

    It's as if we have already given up.
    It was less than 30% to start with. So we go into negatives?lol.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    20,530
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yasir shah will fail the test anyway
    Hopefully they don’t take nawaz
    Also hoping Imad passes the test


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,191
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hunch is the squad will look like this:

    Imam
    Zaman
    Babar
    Sohail
    Malik
    Hafeez
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Shadab
    Faheem
    Shinwari
    Ali
    Afridi
    Khan

    And I am hoping Asif Ali but likely it will be Amir/Hasnain/Rizwan. None of those are bad picks.

    The issue is Hafeez being part of yet another tournament squad.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    490
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Malik's cricket is finished. Also Hafeez will be a big time liability. Only time will prove but people who follow Pak cricket closely can see zero contribution from the likes of Hafeez, Malik and Yasir in the world cup. Some Pak fans are living in lala land where they think Pak will be able to restrict opposition for any score less than 300. When 300 is on this batting line up will definitely crash as their base is built around 250s totals.
    Should be able to restrict under 300 if u go with Shaheen, Hassan, Wahab, Shadab, Faheem

    But on the contrary could easily get smashed with Imad, Yasir, Amir, bowling

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    19,264
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    This is a crazed post....Imam is one of the best young batsmen going, Ali is a terrific striker hwo deserves a continued run in the team a,d Rizwan just hit two centuries against Australia. Can you explain why they are worse than Akmal?
    What is your definition of meaningful performance? Scoring a nice 50-100 yet losing every game?? Since when did those 100s or the runs IUH made ever benefit Pakistan??

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow look at the amount of matches Pakistan will play in England before world cup. They are getting the best preperation than any other team and by the time world cup starts...they will be aclamatized with the weather as well.

    On the other hand we walk straight into world cup after playing 6 weeks of tamasha cricket

  64. #64
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    384
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point, I feel like Yasir Shah is an exceptional performer in LOIs and we are just blind so can't see the wisdom behind his constant inclusion.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    17,107
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum363 View Post
    I love coming to this thread and seeing all the posters annoyed about Umar’s exclusion.

    Like his brother we have had to deal with years of mediocrity from him, and watch more deserving cricketers rot on the sidelines.

    I hope this is the final nail in his career.
    Have never seen anyone hate a cricketer like you hate on Umar Akmal.

    He's better than more than half of announced players and only one who has scored heavily recently. And ability to hit bowlers.

    Stop.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,266
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    How These players are much more likely to play and perform in ODI cricket as compared to Umar Akmal is shocking. Yes some of them are bowlers but they are still pretty useless in this format!

    · Asif Ali
    · Imam-ul-Haq
    · Mohammad Abbas
    · Mohammad Nawaz
    · Mohammad Rizwan
    · Shan Masood
    · Shoaib Malik
    · Yasir Shah
    Shocking selection for probables. Honestly, Inzamam is supremely INCOMPETENT.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,777
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Have never seen anyone hate a cricketer like you hate on Umar Akmal.

    He's better than more than half of announced players and only one who has scored heavily recently. And ability to hit bowlers.

    Stop.
    He is just telling truth which hurts Akmal mafia fans

  68. #68
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,266
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be great to see Shan Masood and Imam anchoring Pakistan's opening reminding us of test cricket in the world cup. Shan Masood might even bless us with ducking low balls and getting bowled.


    Then we will have Malik in the middle not knowing what he is doing in the team, making an amazing 20/30 and getting out ensuring that the lower order faces the responsibility of saving the match.


    At this point, the great Asif Ali will show up, who will miss couple of balls and then will hit one six and mishit the next to midwicket for a catch. Its like poetry in motion, its just that its too repetitive with Asif Ali.


    Then at the bowling end we will have two ODI greats, Abbas and Amir starting our bowling line up bowling military medium with the aim to save as many runs as possible. They will be further supported by the great Yasir Shah, who is such an ODI gem, that no one except Inzamam and the acting coach knows about considering he keeps on getting selected.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,266
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope those criticizing Umar Akmal know that the alternative is the lejund Asif one six per innings Ali.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,266
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HGhazanfar View Post
    Seems clear, Amir will be going thats why they have announced the call up for tests right now rather than in the middle of the cup where players and bowlers threatning Amirs spot would perform and put pressure on selectors. They did this during the PSL aswell announced the Australian series squad right away rather than waiting for the entire tournament to finish.

    Inzamam is a very clever and corrupt selector, he does this every time. When there was pressure on dropping Imam and squad selection for South Africa he did not even bother addressing media rather sent a video out. Than when asked about Imams selection on tour he said if he doesn't perform he can be dropped, why give him so mahny failures ina row 10+ in a row and others only 1-2 games.
    Imam, Amir and Faheem were also "dropped" in the latter matches of Australia series after they started getting exposed. Good catch.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,777
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    I hope those criticizing Umar Akmal know that the alternative is the lejund Asif one six per innings Ali.
    Khushdil shah , Adil amin , naveed malik etc

  72. #72
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    3,266
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    Khushdil shah , Adil amin , naveed malik etc
    Do you see them in the list, god damn it?

  73. #73
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    245
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Pakistan's chances of winning the world cup go down by 30% by not considering Umar Akmal and Wahab Riaz.

    It's as if we have already given up.
    Yes because these two have won us so many world cups in their numerous chances..... oh whats that they havent?

    Well im sure theyve won us a few games then at least.... oh waittt.... cant recall that either.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    83,391
    Mentioned
    6213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    38 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Hamza View Post
    I want to know Sir @Mamoon's take on this.
    Pretty much 90% of the probables were entirely predictable. The only surprising inclusions are Abid and Yasir. Abid has won the race from Shehzad who should count himself unlucky for missing out, but you also have to give credit to Abid for grabbing his opportunity against Australia.

    Yasir is a political selection. Those visits to Bani Gala have paid off. It is a shame for the several spinners in Pakistan who are much better than this ODI tried and tested failure.

    This list also tells us that Wahab's Limited Overs career is over. The emergence of Shaheen and Hasnain in the last two years has closed the door on him.

    The most interesting exclusion is Umar Akmal. The way I see it, he is the 24th probable here, and would be the first pick if someone like Hafeez fails the fitness test or if another middle-order batsman gets injured.

    The Australian series was a shootout between him and Rizwan for a place in the 23 probables as backup middle-order batsman and WK. Umar blew his chances while Rizwan took full advantage to the extent where he is now presenting a headache to the management.

    They will have to find a way to accommodate him, Malik, Hafeez and Haris in the playing XI for the first ODI against England.

    All in all, this squad is not remotely good enough to win the World Cup. Even a place in the semifinals would be nothing short of an achievement.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    245
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Have never seen anyone hate a cricketer like you hate on Umar Akmal.

    He's better than more than half of announced players and only one who has scored heavily recently. And ability to hit bowlers.

    Stop.
    I was actually a big fan of Umar until a couple of years ago, and then neutral until recently. However seeing everyone jump on the band wagon is infuriating. I am just sick of this mentality where Pakistan players are selected on reputation but have never actually won us games. They perform in domestic but consistently flop international and show no drive or hunger to improve.

    My least favourite person right now is Malik, but everyone agress he shouldnt get selected but probably will, so I dont need to debate about it.

    Umar is a genuinely terrible player who is getting so much support and no one is willing to provide any rationale for it.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,878
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People really need to get over the likes of Wahab and UA. both played the WC in 2011 and 2015. Now its 2019 and time for new faces.

    Both have not achieved what they should have done and now its game over for them!

  77. #77
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    2,395
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Wow look at the amount of matches Pakistan will play in England before world cup. They are getting the best preperation than any other team and by the time world cup starts...they will be aclamatized with the weather as well.

    On the other hand we walk straight into world cup after playing 6 weeks of tamasha cricket
    Don’t understand why it is 6 week long even the WC is not that LONG. BCCI ONLY CARE About Money. They need to show some mercy on players.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,191
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    What is your definition of meaningful performance? Scoring a nice 50-100 yet losing every game?? Since when did those 100s or the runs IUH made ever benefit Pakistan??
    Can you explain how Umar Akmal is better than the guys selected?

    You have failed to answer the question.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    2,395
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal and Asif Ali both should be in the WC Squad. Clearly the only big sixes hitters we have in the pool. Imam and Fakhar should the only openers we should take. Use Umar as a opener in the Warm Up games to see how he goes. I think he is equipped to deal with seam bowling than Fakhar. Pity if Umar dont go he looked decent to me, 5 more games at international level he can find his timing and sense back.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,426
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In pressure free games with no crowds, pretty much useless ODIs Umar Akmal wasn't able to do anything substantial... And when he did he got a chance or two and despite those chances he never used them to his advantage.

    How is someone like that supposed to help us win games?

    Did we not learn anything from the 2015 World Cup? Especially the 2015 QF versus Australia? Where he was looking at ease and just gave away his wicket?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •